PDA

View Full Version : tebow sucks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

BroncoBeavis
07-30-2012, 07:54 PM
What's Tebow's 3rd down conversion percentage?

Run Run Pass leads to ugly 3rd downs.

Besides, what was Elway's his first season? Or were 3rd downs less important in 1983?

DENVERDUI55
07-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Run Run Pass leads to ugly 3rd downs.

Besides, what was Elway's his first season? Or were 3rd downs less important in 1983?

Deflect, Deflect! Now we are comparing Elway? Why don't you just admit Tebow is what he is instead of making excuses. I mean he has to be the first QB I've seen go from a playoff win to ST's.

Missouribronc
07-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Tebow will continue to be a force in the NFL If you don't see that you haven't been paying attention. Elway and the Broncos decided to go in a more traditional direction but that doesn't mean that Tebow has become chopped liver. Tebow is a rare individual who will succeed.

Name the players you know who have been a "force" on special teams coverage, outside of returnmen.

Jekyll15Hyde
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Tebow will continue to be a force in the NFL If you don't see that you haven't been paying attention. Elway and the Broncos decided to go in a more traditional direction but that doesn't mean that Tebow has become chopped liver. Tebow is a rare individual who will succeed.

not as a QB. And it isnt even close.

If he decides to play other positions, then there is a chance for him to be in the league 5 years from now

errand
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Never said he wouldn't succeed....I just doubt very seriously it'll be as a QB.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 03:24 AM
People who worship at the altar of completion percentage think going 3 for 3 for 9 yards is better than going 1 for 3 for 12. But that makes no sense in relation to the game.

Ummmm, what? There are actually several scenarios where going 3-3 for 9 yards could benefit the team more than going 1-3 for 12.

BroncoInferno
07-31-2012, 05:23 AM
People who worship at the altar of completion percentage think going 3 for 3 for 9 yards is better than going 1 for 3 for 12. But that makes no sense in relation to the game.

Do what? You just displayed your abject ignorance for all to see. There are numerous scenarios where 3-3 for 9 yards would be a superior outcome to 1-3 for 12 yards. For instance, if those three completions all converted first downs, and the one completion for 12 yards came on 3rd and 17, obviously the former would be better.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 05:36 AM
Do what? You just displayed your abject ignorance for all to see. There are numerous scenarios where 3-3 for 9 yards would be a superior outcome to 1-3 for 12 yards. For instance, if those three completions all converted first downs, and the one completion for 12 yards came on 3rd and 17, obviously the former would be better.

That's some funny logic.

"But a 12 yard completion doesn't do you no good on 3rd and 17!"

Great. Now how much better is a 3 yard completion in that instance? I think you're missing the point of what an average is.

But it's a perfect analogy for how the haters measured Tebow's performance. They were always putting Tebow in 3rd and 17 in their minds. Orton was only judged on 3rd and 2. :)

BroncoInferno
07-31-2012, 05:42 AM
That's some funny logic.

"But a 12 yard completion doesn't do you no good on 3rd and 17!"

Great. Now how much better is a 3 yard completion in that instance? I think you're missing the point of what an average is.

But it's a perfect analogy for how the haters measured Tebow's performance. They were always putting Tebow in 3rd and 17 in their minds. Orton was only judged on 3rd and 2. :)

Where did I even mention Tebow or Orton? I was addressing your comment impling that 1-3 for 12 yards is always a better outcome than 3-3 for 9 yards. It's not. And where did I say that 12 yards does no good on 3rd down? I merely suggested that it's a less desirable outcome than a 3 yard pass that converts a 1st down. And it is. If you want to go back to your original statement and stick in some qualifiers, be my guest. But your original statement was painfully ignorant.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 05:47 AM
Beavis, you need serious help.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 05:51 AM
Where did I even mention Tebow or Orton? I was addressing your comment impling that 1-3 for 12 yards is always a better outcome than 3-3 for 9 yards. It's not. And where did I say that 12 yards does no good on 3rd down? I merely suggested that it's a less desirable outcome than a 3 yard pass that converts a 1st down. And it is. If you want to go back to your original statement and stick in some qualifiers, be my guest. But your original statement was painfully ignorant.

So what you're saying is a running back who averages 4 yards per carry is probably better than one who averages 5. Because sometimes you only need 4. :)

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 06:00 AM
So what you're saying is a running back who averages 4 yards per carry is probably better than one who averages 5. Because sometimes you only need 4. :)

Depending on how large the sample size is, yes, 4 CAN be better than 5. It's all in how you get there.

Clinton Portis was the master of the 100 yard game and often had a nice 5 ypc with us. The problem was, 80 of those yards would come on 3 or 4 carries. The other 15+ carries he'd only get 30 or so yards. That CAN hurt a team more than a guy who spreads his 4 yards per carry out fairly evenly over the course of a full game. A Mike Anderson type. When you need a guy to extend drives and rest the defense, a consistent 4 yard per carry guy can help out a lot more than an all or nothing "home run hitter" can.

BroncoInferno
07-31-2012, 06:08 AM

I'm saying that given YOUR parameters of 3 pass attempts, there are numerous scenarios where 3 completions for 9 yards would be a more desirable outcome than 1 complation for 12 yards.

In any case, a running back who averages 4 yards per carry could very well be superior to a RB who averages 5. If some scat back runs for 500 yards on 100 carries, would you say he was "better" than a workhorse back who got 1400 yards on 350 carries?

You aren't very good at this.

bowtown
07-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Beavis is not good at the maths.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Depending on how large the sample size is, yes, 4 CAN be better than 5. It's all in how you get there.

Clinton Portis was the master of the 100 yard game and often had a nice 5 ypc with us. The problem was, 80 of those yards would come on 3 or 4 carries. The other 15+ carries he'd only get 30 or so yards. That CAN hurt a team more than a guy who spreads his 4 yards per carry out fairly evenly over the course of a full game. A Mike Anderson type. When you need a guy to extend drives and rest the defense, a consistent 4 yard per carry guy can help out a lot more than an all or nothing "home run hitter" can.

That's nice and all, so long as you can assume that the player is given equal opportunity in different types of scenarios. But even to the casual observer that wasn't the case. If it was close on 3rd down, they ran. Here's a fun situational stat:

Tim Tebow, 2011 3rd down passing attempts:

Less than 3 yards to gain: 2
More than 8 yards to gain: 43

And then morons b**** about his 3rd down conversion percentage.

And just for your reference, Kyle Orton was allowed to throw 8 times on 3rd and less than 3, just in his 4.5 games last year.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm saying that given YOUR parameters of 3 pass attempts, there are numerous scenarios where 3 completions for 9 yards would be a more desirable outcome than 1 complation for 12 yards.

In any case, a running back who averages 4 yards per carry could very well be superior to a RB who averages 5. If some scat back runs for 500 yards on 100 carries, would you say he was "better" than a workhorse back who got 1400 yards on 350 carries?

You aren't very good at this.

Start where the game starts. 3 plays. 10 yards to gain. What's better? Three 3 yarders or 1 12 yarder? If you only relied on your QB (taking running game out for pure QB comparison) which QB will get a 1st. Which will earn a punt?

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Start where the game starts. 3 plays. 10 yards to gain. What's better? Three 3 yarders or 1 12 yarder? If you only relied on your QB (taking running game out for pure QB comparison) which QB will get a 1st. Which will earn a punt?

That's great. You came up with one scenario where the 12 yarder would be better. That wasn't the issue. We never said that there were no scenarios where that would be the case. We acknowledge that it could be better to get that one completion.

You, however, said that there were ZERO scenarios where our option was better. All we're asking you to do is acknowledge that there are also scenarios where it wouldn't be better to have just that one completion. Why is it so hard for you to just admit you were wrong?

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 06:39 AM
That's great. You came up with one scenario where the 12 yarder would be better. That wasn't the issue. We never said that there were no scenarios where that would be the case. We acknowledge that it could be better to get that one completion.

You, however, said that there were ZERO scenarios where our option was better. All we're asking you to do is acknowledge that there are also scenarios where it wouldn't be better to have just that one completion. Why is it so hard for you to just admit you were wrong?

Because you're the one cherry picking single downs. Setting up unrealistic scenarios in which McCoy basically never would've even called a pass play, and saying "but what about this passing scenario?" You just made McCoy chuckle.

When all you have to ask is whether you'd rather have 3 plays for 9 yards or 3 plays for 12 (or 10)

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Hata challenge of the day. Find any other NFL QB in 2011 who was called on to pass on 3rd and >8 20+ times more than on 3rd and <3.

GO!

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Because you're the one cherry picking single downs. Setting up unrealistic scenarios in which McCoy basically never would've even called a pass play, and saying "but what about this passing scenario?" You just made McCoy chuckle.

When all you have to ask is whether you'd rather have 3 plays for 9 yards or 3 plays for 12 (or 10)

It's ok jhns. I'll move on. It's become obvious what you're doing here.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 07:08 AM
It's ok jhns. I'll move on. It's become obvious what you're doing here.

Aw, you're gonna quit just before the challenge gets started?

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Aw, you're gonna quit just before the challenge gets started?

I've presented one simple challenge to you several times now. You've ignored it.

Typical jhns.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Hata challenge of the day. Find any other NFL QB in 2011 who was called on to pass on 3rd and >8 20+ times more than on 3rd and <3.

GO!

Drew Brees (59 attempts at 8+ yds to go vs 16 at less than 3 yds to go)

OWNED

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/2580/drew-brees

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 07:53 AM
and a guy named Tom Brady (56 attempts at 8+ yds to go vs 22 at less than 3 yds to go)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/2330/tom-brady

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Aaron Rodgers (48 attempts at 8+ vs 16 at less than 3)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers

Should I go on?

Rabb
07-31-2012, 07:58 AM
this is difficult to watch

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
You might want to think through the logic of what you're posting.

You're only reinforcing my point.

Play2win
07-31-2012, 08:03 AM
this is difficult to watch

What are you talking about? Its delicious to watch.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Aaron Rodgers (48 attempts at 8+ vs 16 at less than 3)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers

Should I go on?

This is a good example.

Aaron Rodgers had almost the same number of passing attempts on 3rd and <8 as Tim Tebow. (obvious passing scenario)

But he had 8 times as many attempts in an easier 3rd and short scenario.

Now tell me, just based on play selection, not even the players involved... who's going to have more success converting on third down?

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:04 AM
You might want to think through the logic of what you're posting.

You're only reinforcing my point.

Apparently you do want me to go on. I'll go to the othe end of the talent spectrum:

Sam Bradford (46 at 8+ vs 12 at less than 3)

jhns, you lost the challenge and it's not even close. You believed Tebow was the only one to do it, but it's a simple fact that more starting QBs in the NFL would meet your "challenge" than wouldn't. In other words, good or bad, most starting QBs in this league throw significantly more times on 3rd and 8+ than they do on 3rd and less than 3). Tebow is not special here.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Apparently you do want me to go on. I'll go to the othe end of the talent spectrum:

jhns, you lost the challenge and it's not even close. You believed Tebow was the only one to do it, but it's a simple fact that more starting QBs in the NFL would meet your "challenge" than wouldn't. In other words, good or bad, most starting QBs in this league throw significantly more times on 3rd and 8+ than they do on 3rd and less than 3). Tebow is not special here.

Of course you throw on 3rd and long more often. But it's more than apparent you didn't read what I said.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Now tell me, just based on play selection, not even the players involved... who's going to have more success converting on third down?

Well, that's another BS jhns-type argument.

"Tell me who is going to have more success, but ignore which one is more talented."

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:08 AM

Good good. For every one throw on 3rd and short, Sam had to throw for 4 3rd and longs.

For every one throw on 3rd and short, Tebow had to throw for 21 3rd and longs.

Not a difficult concept.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Of course you throw on 3rd and long more often. But it's more than apparent you didn't read what I said.

Actually, it's more than apparent you didn't read what you wrote.

Find any other NFL QB in 2011 who was called on to pass on 3rd and >8 20+ times more than on 3rd and <3.

GO!

Once again......owned.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Well, that's another BS jhns-type argument.

"Tell me who is going to have more success, but ignore which one is more talented."

Yeah yeah, sure. "But Sam Bradford has a better completion percentage on 3rd and 2 than Tebow does on 3rd and 11!"

DERP

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah yeah, sure. "But Sam Bradford has a better completion percentage on 3rd and 2 than Tebow does on 3rd and 11!"

DERP

Please jhns. Here's your 2nd challenge you'll ignore. Show us all where anyone said anything remotely resembling that as some sort of basis for our argument.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Actually, it's more than apparent you didn't read what you wrote.

Once again......owned.

Yep. I say "Tebow was forced to throw on 3rd and long TWENTY TIMES more often than 3rd and short"

you answer

"Aha! Tom Brady was forced to thrown on 3rd and long TWO TIMES as often as on 3rd and short!"

DERP

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Yep. I say "Tebow was forced to throw on 3rd and long TWENTY TIMES more often than 3rd and short"

you answer

"Aha! Tom Brady was forced to thrown on 3rd and long TWO TIMES as often as on 3rd and short!"

Nice. Your adding of the word "often" to your post above shows that you realized you messed up in your challenge. HUGE difference there.

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 08:16 AM

GO!

You just love getting sodimized in your losing arguments. I don't know why you just can't accept the fact that tebow sucks at passing. The final argument will be when tebow washes out of the league at a regular qb will be he just recieved bad coaching. His accuracy will always be suspect on throws he needs to make in NFL.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Nice. Your adding of the word "often" to your post above shows that you realized you messed up in your challenge. HUGE difference there.

"20 times more" is a perfectly rational way to say 20 times "more often"

But it would be an odd way to say it and mean 20 additional instances. At least in American English. :) But I can see how you read it differently than I meant it.

Then again, you had the original numbers, and meaning "20 additional times" is an interpretation that makes no sense in context, since it would be more than 40 difference. Oh and the fact that when you're talking percentages and averages, only the ratios matter.

But the point remains, and the intent of my challenge has yielded you throwing out tons of numbers that only prove my point.

So I guess we can call it a day.

BroncoInferno
07-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Damn, Beavis. You got your ass thoroughly kicked, now you're dishonestly trying to reframe your arguments when we know what your original statements were. Embarassing and pathetic.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Damn, Beavis. You got your ass thoroughly kicked, now you're dishonestly trying to reframe your arguments when we know what your original statements were. Embarassing and pathetic.

Yes, because when I compare the number 2 and the number 40 and say "20 times more" it's totally rational to interpret that as 2 plus 20. Makes complete sense. Hilarious!

"40 is twenty times more than 2"

"NO IT ISN'T! IT'S 38 MORE THAN 2!"

DERP

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:31 AM
"20 times more" is a perfectly rational way to say 20 times "more often"

But it would be an odd way to say it and mean 20 additional instances. At least in American English. :) But I can see how you read it differently than I meant it.

Typical Broncos game in the McD era: 55 plays run on offense. 40 pass plays. 15 run plays. In describing said game, anyone who speaks English would say that they passed the ball 35 times more than they ran it.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Typical Broncos game in the McD era: 55 plays run on offense. 40 pass plays. 15 run plays. In describing said game, anyone who speaks English would say that they passed the ball 35 times more than they ran it.

Not where I'm from. You might say it "more times" You'd never say it "times more"

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes, because when I compare the number 2 and the number 40 and say "20 times more" it's totally rational to interpret that as 2 plus 20. Makes complete sense. Hilarious!

DERP

Go back and find where you referenced the number 2 and the number 40 in the same post. It isn't anywhere near the challenge. I've gone back multiple pages.

BroncoInferno
07-31-2012, 08:35 AM

DERP

Of course, as we all know, that is not what your original statement implied, liar.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Treading in a sea of common sense looks like its starting to tire out your arms Beav. This is gettin ugly for ya.

bronco militia
07-31-2012, 08:38 AM
this thread still delivers! LOL

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Of course, as we all know, that is not what your original statement implied, liar.

Yes, my statement clearly implied that 2+20 = 43.

Typical hata though. Cornered with irrefutable numbers proving what a ridiculous situation Tebow was placed in, they turn to arguing phraseology.

E_Rox
07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes, my statement clearly implied that 2+20 = 43.

Typical hata though. Cornered with irrefutable numbers proving what a ridiculous situation Tebow was placed in, they turn to arguing phraseology.

Sorry for the quick and sloppy edit but trying to get a perfectly clean version isn't worth it

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah yeah, sure.

So when someone in the future says: "GD It! How many more times is McCoy going to run on first down!" They really should have said

"How many times more is McCoy going to run on first down!"

The first is common. The second is an odd use of the phrase.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeah yeah, sure.

So when someone in the future says: "GD It! How many more times is McCoy going to run on first down!" They really should have said

"How many times more is McCoy going to run on first down!"

The first is common. The second is an odd use of the phrase.

If it doesn't work in practice why put it in the game? Look at the jets camp right now. They are screaming at him to throw the ball. Game time comes what's gonna happen? Run plays cause the passing plays didn't work in practice that week.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
If it doesn't work in practice why put it in the game? Look at the jets camp right now. They are screaming at him to throw the ball. Game time comes what's gonna happen? Run plays cause the passing plays didn't work in practice that week.

Circular logic. You assume it didn't work in practice because they didn't try it in the game. And they didn't try it in the game because it didn't work in practice.

Success comes from unpredictability.

Most OC's understand that throwing on 3rd and short is important every now and again to keep defenses honest. If you're doing it 2 times a season, there's no reason for a defense not to put 9 on the line on every 3rd and short. It's not like we were converting every 3rd and short. It was pretty frustrating watching them fall short while running straight into the teeth of midfield goal line defenses on virtually every 3rd and short.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Most OC's understand that throwing on 3rd and short is important every now and again to keep defenses honest. If you're doing it 2 times a season, there's no reason for a defense not to put 9 on the line on every 3rd and short. It's not like we were converting every 3rd and short. It was pretty frustrating watching them fall short while running straight into the teeth of midfield goal line defenses on virtually every 3rd and short.

And your ENTIRE argument is based off of a flawed statistic. How many times on 3rd and short did Tebow run NOT because a run was called, but because he made the decision not to pass the ball. It's not the OC's fault if a pass is called, but Tebow chooses to run instead. If it happened just 5 or so times all season long, your 20:1 ratio gets completely shot. Just once per game? Even worse.

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Circular logic. You assume it didn't work in practice because they didn't try it in the game. And they didn't try it in the game because it didn't work in practice.

Jets have him playing special teams. He is the only qb I've heard of that scrambles from the rush in 7 on 7. He is the hardest worker not named Peyton Manning but he also has been called not the smartest tool in the shed.

baja
07-31-2012, 10:59 AM
This tune has been in to top 50 for 8 months. amazing

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 11:03 AM
And your ENTIRE argument is based off of a flawed statistic. How many times on 3rd and short did Tebow run NOT because a run was called, but because he made the decision not to pass the ball. It's not the OC's fault if a pass is called, but Tebow chooses to run instead. If it happened just 5 or so times all season long, your 20:1 ratio gets completely shot. Just once per game? Even worse.

Looked it up. Didn't happen once during Tebow games this season.

27 3rd and shorts (less than 3)

25 called runs
2 called passes

baja
07-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Jets have him playing special teams. He is the only qb I've heard of that scrambles from the rush in 7 on 7. He is the hardest worker not named Peyton Manning but he also has been called not the smartest tool in the shed.

In light of new studies anyone that plays football will not end up being the sharpest tool in the shed.

But there is help;

http://www.amenclinics.com/dr-amen/latest-news/item/nfl-concussions-lawsuits-aim-to-improve-the-damaged-brain

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Looked it up. Didn't happen once during Tebow games this season.

27 3rd and shorts (less than 3)

25 called runs
2 called passes

Sure you did.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Sure you did.

I think 7 or 8 were Tebow runs. The rest were RB calls.

errand
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Ummmm, what? There are actually several scenarios where going 3-3 for 9 yards could benefit the team more than going 1-3 for 12.

Yes...like 3rd and goal from the opponent's 2 three times in a game

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 11:51 AM
I think 7 or 8 were Tebow runs. The rest were RB calls.

So, you checked with the OC on all those plays to determine what was called vs what was run? Damn, you've got some connections. Why have you been holding out on us for so long?

errand
07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
This tune has been in to top 50 for 8 months. amazing

Somewhere Pink Floyd is getting nervous......

errand
07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
I've never seen anyone defend the indefensible like Beavis has....

Is he the lone idiot that thinks Tebow >>>> Manning?

Turd_Ferguson
07-31-2012, 12:05 PM

Come game time Tebow will be the personal protector for the punter.

errand
07-31-2012, 12:07 PM
So, you checked with the OC on all those plays to determine what was called vs what was run? Damn, you've got some connections. Why have you been holding out on us for so long?

He doesn't know....that's why he said "I think...."

errand
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Come game time Tebow will be the personal protector for the punter.

This season is gonna be so entertaining....especially on here

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM

No, I relied on play descriptions, where the word "Scrambles" is used to describe a QB running on a pass call. That description was never used on a Tebow 3rd and short. But there were 10 instances of it on 3rd and 3 or more.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
No, I relied on play descriptions, where the word "Scrambles" is used to describe a QB running on a pass call. That description was never used on a Tebow 3rd and short. But there were 10 instances of it on 3rd and 3 or more.

This just gets better and better.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 12:13 PM
He doesn't know....that's why he said "I think...."

"Tebow defies stats!!! He Trixed the Scorekeepers!"

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
"Tebow defies stats!!! He Trixed the Scorekeepers!"

There are official stats now for audibles and number of designed passes that turned into runs?!? Learn something every day.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-31-2012, 12:18 PM
lol.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
There are official stats now for audibles and number of designed passes that turned into runs?!? Learn something every day.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011120409/2011/REG13/broncos@vikings#cat-post-playbyplay

Have a look. NFL makes the distinction.

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Beavis might be Becky for griese in disguise.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011120409/2011/REG13/broncos@vikings#cat-post-playbyplay

Have a look. NFL makes the distinction.

No, no they don't.

Unless you really believe that there were zero audibles called by either QB in that game.....or any other game.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Beavis might be Becky for griese in disguise.

It's just good to know that nobody can question ****ty playcalling anymore because you can always just fall back on "Hey, he mighta audibled on all those!"

Setting aside all the jokes I've heard here about Tebow never being allowed. I sincerely doubt Mastermind Mike would sit happily by while Tim audibled to a run play from a 3rd and short pass call (for the 3rd time all season)

And even if it happened 2 or 3 times, still doesn't touch the point. But hey, you're not concerned with the actual issue. Teebs just can't fro spyros. LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM

Interesting you used the word circular. Which also can be used in describing Tebows drop back technique. It's cut and dry. If the passing plays looked absolutely horrible in practice, which they did, they aren't going to call them in a game. Couple that in with the actual passing plays that we're called, but tebow chose to run instead of pass. Listen in on a jets practice. You can actually hear jets fans screaming for him to throw it. When there is no pass rush. On a sunny day with calm wind. With a brand new football.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
It's just good to know that nobody can question ****ty playcalling anymore because you can always just fall back on "Hey, he mighta audibled on all those!"

Setting aside all the jokes I've heard here about Tebow never being allowed. I sincerely doubt Mastermind Mike would sit happily by while Tim audibled to a run play from a 3rd and short pass call (for the 3rd time all season)

And even if it happened 2 or 3 times, still doesn't touch the point. But hey, you're not concerned with the actual issue. Teebs just can't fro spyros. LOL

Ummm, what?!? If it happens just 3 times over the entire course of the season, that changes the run/pass ratio from 20:1 to 7.4:1. That's a HUGE difference.

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Ummm, what?!? If it happens just 3 times over the entire course of the season, that changes the run/pass ratio from 20:1 to 7.4:1. That's a HUGE difference.

3 is unlikely. But even giving you that, 5 passing attempts on 3rd and short would still be multiples less than any example you were able to come up with...

Bradford... 48 attempts on 3rd and long, 12 on 3rd and short (3.83 to 1)
Brees........59 attempts on 3rd and long, 16 on 3rd and short (3.69 to 1)
Rogers..... 48 attempts on 3rd and long, 16 on 3rd and short (3 to 1)
Brady........56 attempts on 3rd and long, 22 on 3rd and short (2.55 to 1)

Tebow......43 attempts on 3rd and long, 2 on 3rd and short ( 21.5 to 1)

Beantown's fantasy
Tebow......43 attempts on 3rd and long, 5 on 3rd and short (8.6 to 1) :)

Pretty obscene any way you slice it.

orangeatheist
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.206proof.com/forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/user%20created/diethreaddie.jpg

BroncoBeavis
07-31-2012, 03:34 PM
If I counted right, I think this thread has earned me 10 TGN NegReps.

Which might make it the greatest thread I've ever been involved in. :)

HAT
07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
3 is unlikely. But even giving you that, 5 passing attempts on 3rd and short would still be multiples less than any example you were able to come up with...

Beantown's fantasy

Hey look...alpha sierra is back!

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM

Beantown's fantasy

Tebow belongs nowhere in the discussion with these QB's. He should be taking handoffs from them.

Since we are using stats how about this one? This list is pretty damn accurate.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

errand
07-31-2012, 06:09 PM

a simple "No, I don't know..." would've sufficed

errand
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM

Beantown's fantasy

Yeah, but you fail to mention the guys who are highlighted can actually throw the ball accurately...in practice and in the games. The other guy can't...and THAT is what is obscene...anyway you slice it.

broncosteven
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
This is for BroncoBeavis

http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/11366269-large.jpg

You can watch Timmy running shirtless in the rain here

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/tim_tebow_laughs_off_attention.html

BB I do like your non-Timmy posts, this is meant in good clean (shirtless) fun.

Missouribronc
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
People are really still blaming play calling for poor play? Seriously, how stupid is that?

baja
07-31-2012, 08:49 PM
This is for BroncoBeavis

http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/11366269-large.jpg

You can watch Timmy running shirtless in the rain here

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/tim_tebow_laughs_off_attention.html

BB I do like your non-Timmy posts, this is meant in good clean (shirtless) fun.

Geez Tim don't ya know enough to get out of the rain?

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 09:16 PM
People are really still blaming play calling for poor play? Seriously, how stupid is that?

People? One guy is. Well used to be two JHNS but he hasn't been around which is a blessing for all.

bronco militia
08-15-2012, 12:22 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/trollingcat.gif

Jekyll15Hyde
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/trollingcat.gif

best ever

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't see how Sanchez could ever lose his starting job for more then a game to Tebow.

bombay
08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Great to see this garbage in another uniform.

go_broncos
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
I am happy that Tebow is not our QB..But, he is better than Orton.
Tebow better take up another role(like FB/Blocking TE).

Br0nc0Buster
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
He needs to switch positions
It just is not going to happen for him

I have no idea why the Jets feel the need to get him more reps than Mcleroy

RaiderH8r
08-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Tebow is the sickest suck that ever sucked and he got this team into the playoffs and beat the Steelers. If Manning doesn't win a SB soon this is a failure.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Tebow is the sickest suck that ever sucked and he got this team into the playoffs and beat the Steelers. If Manning doesn't win a SB soon this is a failure.

Lol troll.

errand
08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
He almost threw a pick six in the red zone....DB dropped it...next play threw it over WR's head into another zip code, which is bad, but had it actually been near the WR, probably would've been picked off (according to the announcers)...later he was flushed from pocket and tried to fire it across his body, and threw it right at the DB, who picked it off.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Last years Broncos team probably would have won the super bowl had Tebow not handcuffed them.

errand
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Two minute drill....1:00 left Tebow has Jets on Panthers 40

errand
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
00:22 seconds left.....Tebow has Jets on the panthers

Tebow hits a wide open ground with 17 seconds left

RaiderH8r
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Last years Broncos team probably would have won the super bowl had Tebow not handcuffed them.

Then winning a title this year is a breeze. We got this. 12-4 and the title a solid prediction? I think so.

errand
08-26-2012, 08:01 PM
:09 left Tebow hits another cheerleader

:04 seconds left Tebow throws another near pick, then overthrows a triple cover Jet to end the game

bombay
08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
lol

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Then winning a title this year is a breeze. We got this. 12-4 and the title a solid prediction? I think so.

**** you would be so pissed.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Still sucks.

God doesn't care about Tim.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1316370/tebowhell.gif

errand
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

I think we're gonna be pleasantly surprised this season....

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

errand
08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Still sucks.

Do you see a Jets WR anywhere in that picture? At least it was a spiral....

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Do you see a Jets WR anywhere in that picture?

Notice they get more quiet with each horrible performance.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-26-2012, 08:15 PM
How dumb do some of the morons around here feel after whining about letting Tebow go for Manning...

:rofl:

TheChamp24
08-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Still sucks.

I....can't stop watching.

I mean....I'm at a loss for words. Was he hoping to somehow throw to #19 there?

The DB has to be like "No way, he can't be throwing it....wtf...."

BroncoBeavis
08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Notice they get more quiet with each horrible performance.

Actually it's quite the opposite.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Actually it's quite the opposite.

It only seems that way for you cause our view gets reinforced. Can you explain where he's throwing it in bobs post? If he was doing great I have no doubt you'd be telling us about it.

Br0nc0Buster
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Jets look like a pretty average team

Looks like the AFC East will be another cakewalk for the Pats

bombay
08-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Elway stole a 4th round pick. Too bad mcdoush gave away half a draft.

errand
08-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I....can't stop watching.

I mean....I'm at a loss for words. Was he hoping to somehow throw to #19 there?

The DB has to be like "No way, he can't be throwing it....wtf...."

...the replay showed a Jets WR was crossing behind that pack of Panthers, had Tebow lobbed the ball another 10-15 yards downfield past the deepest DB, then he might have had a big gainer....but he didn't.....nice spiral though.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Still sucks.

Ha ha ha ha wow. How did John Fox not win coach of the year!!!!

BroncoBeavis
08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
It only seems that way for you cause our view gets reinforced. Can you explain where he's throwing it in bobs post? If he was doing great I have no doubt you'd be telling us about it.

Couldn't tell you because I didn't watch the game. The hata's fascination with the Jets' preseason fortunes is downright ClamChowdahian.

You do realize that you're standing smacktalk shoulder to shoulder with a guy who really hoped last preseason that Kyle Orton had really turned a corner and would soon sign an extension to stay on for a few more years.

Preseason is preseason. None of it makes any difference.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Couldn't tell you because I didn't watch the game. The hata's fascination with the Jets' preseason fortunes is downright ClamChowdahian.

You do realize that you're standing smacktalk shoulder to shoulder with a guy who really hoped last preseason that Kyle Orton had really turned a corner and would soon sign an extension to stay on for a few more years.

The fascination is brought on by the offseason arguments of who would be better for the team manning or tebow. People are gonna watch and see what he does. I was never an Orton supporter though. He was more interested in middle aged blonde chicks and jack Daniels. Glad both are gone.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
but but but... he really is good.

Ground 10
Receivers 4
Ass on Ground 3

Getting a 4th was a coup

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Jets fans are going to be so hoarse from booing this year! New Jersey is going to be so quite and peaceful.

bombay
You'd have thought it would be tough to get below last weeks 16 QB rating, but timmy managed.

Bacchus
I watched the game rooting for Tebow. I still like the guy and I think the Jets will be more successful this year than people think.

Jetmeck
08-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I watched the game rooting for Tebow. I still like the guy and I think the Jets will be more successful this year than people think.

true and the hatred for a guy that did some positives around here is uncalled for

GreatBronco16
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
For a brief moment I was like, ok, Tim looks like he might be able to stand there and throw it..................then I was like, nevermind.

If he isn't running, he just looks lost out there.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 08:46 PM
true and the hatred for a guy that did some positives around here is uncalled for

Yeah I agree, but it is like that with everyone, Shanny, Cutler, Marshall, Hillis why should Tebow be any different?

errand
08-26-2012, 08:48 PM

I never hoped for anything there douche...I did however ask you or another nuthugger like yourself if it was possible that Orton would be re-signed by the Broncos if he played well and Broncos had a good season, after a nuthugger had stated he was a lame duck QB. Turns out he didn't play well, and he was benched and then released....and I had no problem with it.

I also stated that if the Broncos benched Orton and played Tebow, that they needed to leave Tebow as the starter regardless as it would help his development and confidence vs. jerking him in and out of the line up.

See the difference between us is I didn't defend Orton after he was benched, or after he was waived...

you on the other hand whined like a little bitch over Tebow being traded....waxing poetic about how sad it was and the tears in your kid's eyes as you and him cried together over what was to most a no brainer decision to get rid of his non-throwing ass...and you're still whining, and constantly trying to discount the Manning signing and the fact that this team is heads and shoulders better due to the addition of Manning and subtraction of Tim Tebow as our starting QB.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Blame poster like yourself for why people hate him.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1316342/tebowruns_medium.gif

GreatBronco16
08-26-2012, 08:52 PM

And that is why he is still in the NFL.

razorwire77
08-26-2012, 08:53 PM

Would wreck sh*t as an H-back.

errand
08-26-2012, 08:53 PM

Hatred is wishing someone would take a crowbar to another player's knees or head in order for Tebow to play.....

Hatred is posing a scenario of how much better off the franchise would be if a hypothetical plane crash resulted in the death of John Elway and John Fox....because they didn't treat Tebow the way the nuthuggers though they should.

Saying that Tebow is a great guy who has yet to develop into a moderately tolerable QB is not hatred...it's an honest assessment

Jekyll15Hyde
08-26-2012, 08:54 PM
!I never hoped for anything there douche...I did however ask you or another nuthugger like yourself if it was possible that Orton would be re-signed by the Broncos if he played well and Broncos had a good season, after a nuthugger had stated he was a lame duck QB. Turns out he didn't play well, and he was benched and then released....and I had no problem with it.

I also stated that if the Broncos benched Orton and played Tebow, that they needed to leave Tebow as the starter regardless as it would help his development and confidence vs. jerking him in and out of the line up.

See the difference between us is I didn't defend Orton after he was benched, or after he was waived...

you on the other hand whined like a little b**** over Tebow being traded....waxing poetic about how sad it was and the tears in your kid's eyes as you and him cried together over what was to most a no brainer decision to get rid of his non-throwing ass...and you're still whining, and constantly trying to discount the Manning signing and the fact that this team is heads and shoulders better due to the addition of Manning and subtraction of Tim Tebow as our starting QB.

Love it
Hilarious! Hilarious!

Jekyll15Hyde
08-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Hatred is wishing someone would take a crowbar to another player's knees or head.....

Then its official... I hate Cutler

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-26-2012, 08:56 PM

I cant speak for the others here, but my "hate" never came about because of tebow as a person or player. When I said he wasn't good I got blasted by blinded fans. So it just makes it a little sweeter when he doesnt play well. Not because of him though, but because of some of his followers.

errand
08-26-2012, 08:57 PM
You'd have thought it would be tough to get below last weeks 16 QB rating, but timmy managed.

...part of that amazing work ethic:rofl:

Archer81
08-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Really?

Still?

:Broncos:

yerner
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
he looks terrible. at best a career backup.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I cant speak for the others here, but my "hate" never came about because of tebow as a person or player. When I said he wasn't good I got blasted by blinded fans. So it just makes it a little sweeter when he doesnt play well. Not because of him though, but because of some of his followers.

Go back to draft day when we picked him I bet you won't find many posters as happy about drafting him as me. Now because of these clowns I feel just like this.

errand
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Go back to draft day when we picked him I bet you won't find many posters as happy about drafting him as me. Now because of these clowns I feel just like this.

I agree...I liked the pick because he was a high character guy, a born leader, a generally great guy, and I thought he'd be a special QB who would overcome his throwing mechanic problems because he was such a hard working guy....

however after watching him play at the NFL level (and reading/listening to his whacked nut job fans blame everyone, and anyone for his problems) I formed the opinion that he was not the long term answer... but he did help us win 8 games last season (playoffs included)....and was a positive locker room presence and all around great guy...

but again his whack job fans made his staying in Denver kind of unbearable for the FO in my opinion.

BroncoBeavis
08-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I agree...I liked the pick because he was a high character guy, a born leader, a generally great guy, and I thought he'd be a special QB who would overcome his throwing mechanic problems because he was such a hard working guy....

however after watching him play at the NFL level (and reading/listening to his whacked nut job fans blame everyone, and anyone for his problems) I formed the opinion that he was not the long term answer... but he did help us win 8 games last season (playoffs included)....and was a positive locker room presence and all around great guy...

but again his whack job fans made his staying in Denver kind of unbearable for the FO in my opinion.

Bull****. You went from riding Orton's jock all last offseason...

(buh buh buh, if he plays good, why can't we resign him??? Pleeeeeez???? Best Chance to Win guys, Best Chance to Win.)

Straight to hating on Tebow from Start #1 last year.

Let's just say your Jimmy the Greekin' based on offseason Camp Champery is somewhat suspect.

Jetmeck
08-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Blame poster like yourself for why people hate him.

BS.......you and errand boy hate just for the sake of it.

Look it up MCDUMBASS I said I was glad to have Manning but we should have kept TT as well..............**** you retard......don't assume **** cause it makes you look like the fool you are.

Only lately have you tards gone about explanation your BS hatred for a former Bronco who did nothing but good for the team because you got called out for your idiot take of basically saying he will never be an nfl qb and he can't throw even throw he did while here.

You two CANNOT see the future so shut up.
You two are just losers to consistently talk about the guy like he was some sort of a POS in the locker room or off the field...............all he did was win and bring some enjoyment to an an otherwise terrible season.

You two should be thrown under the bus like you have tried to do to him..........sad individuals you two are

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 11:03 PM

I think there is a place in the NFL for Tebow but his fans just make it impossible to keep him on the bench.

Jetmeck
08-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I think there is a place in the NFL for Tebow but his fans just make it impossible to keep him on the bench.

really come on..............not true.

The only reson people called for TT last year was because Orton stunk it up.............Manning is here now and there is no way people would be calling for TT except for gimmick type plays or maybe a goal line type. Other than that no way in hell.

Sick of assholes dumping on the guy............people cannot see the future in anyway and do not know what will happen to this guy but he sure as hell helped us out last year and deserves our respect for that.

Bacchus
08-26-2012, 11:36 PM
really come on..............not true.

The only reson people called for TT last year was because Orton stunk it up.............Manning is here now and there is no way people would be calling for TT except for gimmick type plays or maybe a goal line type. Other than that no way in hell.

Sick of a-holes dumping on the guy............people cannot see the future in anyway and do not know what will happen to this guy but he sure as hell helped us out last year and deserves our respect for that.

Where else does the back-up QB get a billboard pushing for him to start? I think Orton melted under the pressure Tebow created, kind like the way Plummer was sucking when Cutler was behind him.

And how does he get an equal amount of booing and cheers when he comes into a game like he did in N.Y. tonight/ He is a very divisive personality and it if Sanchez struggles the fans in NY will demand that Tebow starts even though he shouldn't.

Blueflame
08-26-2012, 11:39 PM

Look it up MCDUMBASS I said I was glad to have Manning but we should have kept TT as well..............**** you retard......don't assume **** cause it makes you look like the fool you are.

Only lately have you tards gone about explanation your BS hatred for a former Bronco who did nothing but good for the team because you got called out for your idiot take of basically saying he will never be an nfl qb and he can't throw even throw he did while here.

You two are just losers to consistently talk about the guy like he was some sort of a POS in the locker room or off the field...............all he did was win and bring some enjoyment to an an otherwise terrible season.

You two should be thrown under the bus like you have tried to do to him..........sad individuals you two are

Sorry to break your bubble but the reality is: this never had the slightest chance of ever happening. Elway & Fox had already determined that Tebow's skill set didn't match what they envisioned for the future... and once they got Manning, why would Tebow want to stay (and hold the clipboard for Manning with no opportunity whatsoever to compete for the starting job)? The bottom line is... Tebow wanted the trade as much as Elway & Fox did.

Archer81
08-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Again I say...

This matters how in regards to Denver Broncos football as it is currently configured?

NUB
08-27-2012, 12:39 AM
He should have never tried to change his mechanics. So very dumb to do that. Guy was an accurate passer in college but all the pressure of the NFL wizkids somehow convinced him to try and shave 0.1s off his throwing motion. That said, I still think he starts for the Jets sometime this season.

Durango
08-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Here in Denver, our coaching staff re-designed the offense to better fit Tebow. It seems New York wants him to sub in their traditional offense, and if anyone remembers the Detroit game last year, you don't need a psychic to know how that is going to turn out.

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 01:08 AM
He should have never tried to change his mechanics. So very dumb to do that. Guy was an accurate passer in college but all the pressure of the NFL wizkids somehow convinced him to try and shave 0.1s off his throwing motion. That said, I still think he starts for the Jets sometime this season.

IMHO, he needed to change his mechanics, all right (given that his career aspiration is to succeed as an NFL quarterback)... but it needed to happen years ago. Since it didn't happen then, he now needs to recognize that he could easily be an NFL superstar... unstoppable... at the TE or FB position, but time's not on his side in any efforts to gain those (QB) tools now. He's better-equipped to help his team succeed if he opens up to the possibility of playing other roles. But if he doesn't do that... oh, well. I'm not a Jest fan so it's of little consequence to me.

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Here in Denver, our coaching staff re-designed the offense to better fit Tebow. It seems New York wants him to sub in their traditional offense, and if anyone remembers the Detroit game last year, you don't need a psychic to know how that is going to turn out.

Today... vs that 9'ers defense... does anyone here honestly believe that the numbers could have been anywhere near 10/12 for 122 yards and 2 touchdowns in only 3 drives if Tebow had been our starter? I certainly don't.

Rock Chalk
08-27-2012, 05:14 AM
The fascination is brought on by the offseason arguments of who would be better for the team manning or tebow. People are gonna watch and see what he does. I was never an Orton supporter though. He was more interested in middle aged blonde chicks and jack Daniels. Glad both are gone.

This is why I dont come in the offseason.

The fact that there was ever this argument means that Bronco nation is pretty ****ing retarded.

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 05:48 AM

The Jets have an offense in mind for Tebow. The last thing in the world they'd do is show it off in preseason.

Preseason is dumb. Two weeks ago we had people buying Brock future plane tickets to Hawaii based on 4 throws. Nothing is real until the games matter.

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 05:55 AM
The Jets have an offense in mind for Tebow. The last thing in the world they'd do is show it off in preseason.

Preseason is dumb. Two weeks ago we had people buying Brock future plane tickets to Hawaii based on 4 throws. Nothing is real until the games matter.

To be fair, there's a big difference between not showing off your "real" plays and having your QB throw into quadruple coverage.....and continue to complete less than 40% of his passes against backups. Honestly, I don't care how vanilla you go with it, how do you go 4-14 with a QB rating of 13 against guys that won't even be in the NFL next week?

oubronco
08-27-2012, 05:59 AM
He's Revolutionizing the QB position Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Again I say...

This matters how in regards to Denver Broncos football as it is currently configured?

Quite a bit, actually. The drafting and subsequent trading of Tebow has quite a bit to do with the current roster, direction of team, etc.

I'll never understand why people constantly come into these threads, which are CLEARLY labelled, and then complain about the content. Be grateful people are at least constantly bumping this thread instead of creating 10 new ones after every Tebow game......like they used to. This way, at least there's only one thread on the main page that you need to look out for.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 06:24 AM

You two should be thrown under the bus like you have tried to do to him..........sad individuals you two areI think the real problem here is you are upset that all these other dudes get to sack Tebow and you don't.

errand
08-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Bull****. You went from riding Orton's jock all last offseason...

Straight to hating on Tebow from Start #1 last year.

Again...I challenged you and other nuthuggers to look up EVERY post i ever made about Tebow...and yet it was never accepted...so I did it myself. this is in just one thread dated July of 2010 about whether or not you'd want Tebow or Cutler

Oh, and to that other douche ol#7....apology accepted, you ****ing dumbass.

07-21-2010, 05:51 PM #260
errand
Ring of Famer

Cutler will get better as he gains more experience, but character, like speed cannot be coached. Tebow is the kind of guy I'd root for because too many people say he can't even though he's always proven he can.

07-21-2010, 06:41 PM #262
errand

Exactly...Tebow is a born leader while Cutler is a malcontent. As far as mechanics go....Rich Gannon threw with a side arm kind of motion and he seemed to put up big numbers in the right offense, as does Phillip Rivers whose mechanics also came under scrutiny in pre-draft workouts...but he wins games (just not playoff games).

As long as he's not throwing tons of INT's and he wins games I'm not gonna be worried about Tebow

07-25-2010, 04:51 PM #277
errand

Turning the ball over in the red zone is a huge sin....Cutler did it often, Orton did it rarely, and Tebow will just flatten whoever gets in his way. Rumor has it that Superman and Chuck Norris wear Tim Tebow jammies to bed

07-25-2010, 05:17 PM #280
errand

Ah, and now we get to the real reason you're not a tebow fan.....i guess it's ok to be arguably college football's greatest player ever as long as he's not a high character guy who also believes in god. Penn state or the state pen is your motto huh?

07-26-2010, 05:43 PM #319
errand

Tebow played in the SEC, which is almost as good as some NFL teams....and has produced numerous NFL stars. Not to mention he's probably college football's most battle tested QB having played for two national championships. He's played in several big games...winning more than his share of them.

I agree we don't know how he'll turn out as an NFL QB...but given his history, I think it would be unwise to bet against him succeeding

LOL...

errand
08-27-2012, 06:37 AM
View Poll Results: With what you know today would you rather have Jay Cutler or Tim Tebow on our roster?

Cutler and I'll tell you why in a post
Arobmic, Asso Wilson, azbroncfan, Blart, bombquixote, bronco militia, Broncobiv, Broncoman13, BroncoSojia, BroncosSR, colonelbeef, Donk, Durango, elsid13, Elway 4 Life, extralife, gmp, GoBroncos84, GSRelyea, Hamrob, IowaHawkeye, JDB7821, Jesterhole, jhns, Killericon, KipCorrington25, Michel W. Thomas, Natedog24, OrangenBlueOhio, Orbital, Ratboy, screamingeagle7, Taco John, TDmvp, tebowisdabomb, Tomeboy58801, tonngo0, uplink, watermock, yerner
40 31.50%

Tebow and I'll tell you why in a post.
Aardvark, aces11, arch ball, Arkie, Baba Booey, baja, baybroncfan, BlueCrusher, BMarsh615, bombay, boppool, bowtown, Brien, bronco610, BroncoBuff, broncofan2438, BroncoMatt, broncowill, Captain 'Dre, Cito Pelon, cmhargrove, coachmastermind, Cpntrips, Crushaholic, DarkHorse30, dbfan21, Dedhed, devantev, DivineBronco, Dr.5280, DrewB, Elway's Pigeon Toes, EmpireOrange, errand, FireFly, Florida_Bronco, Gcver2ver3, gman, God Father, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, Greatspirits, Homer Simpson, Irish Stout, itherapies, JCMElway, KevinJames, Lev Vyvanse, lex, listopencil, loborugger, lostknight, LRtagger, LT-Bronco, Majik, meangene, MileHighMagic, Miss I., montrose, Natedogg, NYBronco, orange skier, Orange4Life, Paladin, Pat Bowlen, Popps, Pseudofool, Rabb, Ramblin' Bronco, Ray Finkle, rdskier, Retire #30!!!, sageone, sirhcyennek81, slatimer, Smilin Assassin, sojourn, spdirty, spoon7, TailgateNut, theAPAOps5, TheElusiveKyleOrton, thevance_82, Tombstone RJ, tsiguy96, Wes Mantooth, whorton99
87 68.50%
Voters: 127.

Here ya go Beavis....and you too ol#7

LOL

See, when Tebow was drafted I liked the pick...however after seeing him actually play several games over two seasons, I got buyers remorse....it happens. Love when people who come to the meeting late want to tell those of us who were there on time what the opening statement was....

Meck77
08-27-2012, 06:57 AM
This is why I dont come in the offseason.

The fact that there was ever this argument means that Bronco nation is pretty ****ing retarded.

Someone else isn't paying attention. It's Broncos Country. Broncos Country. Broncos Country.

It's raider nation raneos.

We are blessed to have Elway and Manning that is for sure.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1186/broncoscountry.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/broncoscountry.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Kaylore
08-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Someone else isn't paying attention. It's Broncos Country. Broncos Country. Broncos Country.

It's raider nation raneos.

It appears someone else is paying attention to Broncos football either. :rofl:

We are blessed to have Elway and Manning that is for sure.

It is Bronco Country.

Just like it isn't Rock Chalk, it's Alec Raenos.

FWIW I think Tebow should go play in Canada. I think things are just slow enough to let him really thrive up north and play some epic football.

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 07:13 AM
See, when Tebow was drafted I liked the pick...however after seeing him actually play several games over two seasons, I got buyers remorse....it happens. Love when people who come to the meeting late want to tell those of us who were there on time what the opening statement was....

Bait and switch. Nobody ever accused you of liking Cutler. Not once you made the "Kyle's better cuz all he does is win, all he does is win games" argument.

And you didn't "change your mind" after two seasons. You were still hoping Kyle was the long term answer last summer. When Kyle started batting .200 in the wins department again, your enlarged Ortboner got irrtated and started posting irrational hate towards the new Broncos QB from his 4th career start onward.

Nice try though.

bronco militia
08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
http://carplife.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/KoolAidMan_Fullpic_32.gif

Meck77
08-27-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm going to date myself. Long before internet and fantasy football there was a group of people known as Broncos fans. We were known as just Broncos fans. Not fans of certain players of the team, not haters of certain players on a team, fans that didn't have second, third,and fourth favorite teams. Good ole fashion Broncos fans who stayed in the seats win or lose...ah the good ole days of the Bronco fan....These days you have people wired with radios listening to the raider game to see how "their fantasy players are doing during the f'n Broncos game!" that is right in front of them!

bronco militia
08-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm going to date myself. Long before internet and fantasy football there was a group of people known as Broncos fans. We were known as just Broncos fans. Not fans of certain players of the team, not haters of certain players on a team, fans that didn't have second, third,and fourth favorite teams. Good ole fashion Broncos fans who stayed in the seats win or lose...ah the good ole days of the Bronco fan....These days you have people wired with radios listening to the raider game to see how "their fantasy players are doing during the f'n Broncos game!" that is right in front of them!

damn...you're probably old

:~ohyah!:

TonyR
08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm just curious: are there still people out there who think Tebow can be a full time starting QB in the NFL?

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I think Ortboner should be a new word in the Urban Dictionary.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm just curious: are there still people out there who think Tebow can be a full time starting QB in the NFL?

Of course.

Just like there are still people who think Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 08:17 AM
What's interesting to see is they have not run any wildcat. Saving it for the regular season like it will become some new weapon. Not sure but I think I saw 3 teams in the AFC east stop that type of offense with relative ease, with the dolphins comin up short on an onside kick.

Meck77
08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
damn...you're probably old

:~ohyah!:

Corn is doing good at the Denver farm despite the drought. Dimwits! All of you! Global warming my ass but haven't seen it this dry since I can remember. Nieces are getting big! The neighbor kids keep coming around my kittens like a pack of ****ing wolves. Got to fix the damn roof again. Fantasy football fans. For ****s say we use to be Broncos fans! WTF is going on in this world. The federal reserve will ruin us!

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Watch out for the wolverines in the back yard. Those things are vicious.

bronco militia
08-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Corn is doing good at the Denver farm despite the drought. Dimwits! All of you! Global warming my ass but haven't seen it this dry since I can remember. Nieces are getting big! The neighbor kids keep coming around my kittens like a pack of ****ing wolves. Got to fix the damn roof again. Fantasy football fans. For ****s say we use to be Broncos fans!

thats sounds awesome!. we are about 6" inches short (thats what she said) on our moisture down here.

I love my fantasy football but I don't worry about it until the games are over.

JakeZ01
08-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Not a big tebow fan....but why didn't anyone just try to run the spread with him? It's like buying a demolition derby car and than trying to race it. He it's what he is and he is good at it. It's wierd.i kind if feel bad for him.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Not a big tebow fan....but why didn't anyone just try to run the spread with him? It's like buying a demolition derby car and than trying to race it. He it's what he is and he is good at it. It's wierd.i kind if feel bad for him.

Because he's not as physically gifted as a guy like Cam Newton and he not as good of a passer as Cam Newton. Basically, with the speed of the game and Tebow's long delivery motion, I think teams are unwilling to build and entire offense around his skill set.

If TT can just learn how to throw the ball more consistently, that is, get his completion percentage up above let's say 50% I think he could be pretty good. But he's got to be able to pass the ball. He can't scrambe around every time he gets a snap and hope he can somehow outrun opposing defenses. He'll eventually get killed doing that.

Archer81
08-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Quite a bit, actually. The drafting and subsequent trading of Tebow has quite a bit to do with the current roster, direction of team, etc.

I'll never understand why people constantly come into these threads, which are CLEARLY labelled, and then complain about the content. Be grateful people are at least constantly bumping this thread instead of creating 10 new ones after every Tebow game......like they used to. This way, at least there's only one thread on the main page that you need to look out for.

Mostly amazement about the connection posters have to players no longer on the roster. Its happened with Cutler, Marshall, Hillis and now Tebow. Its bordering on the Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed hysteria of the mid 2000's.

Rabb
08-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Mostly amazement about the connection posters have to players no longer on the roster. Its happened with Cutler, Marshall, Hillis and now Tebow. Its bordering on the Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed hysteria of the mid 2000's.

Russell Wilson, come on dooooowwwwn

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Corn is doing good at the Denver farm despite the drought. Dimwits! All of you! Global warming my ass but haven't seen it this dry since I can remember. Nieces are getting big! The neighbor kids keep coming around my kittens like a pack of ****ing wolves. Got to fix the damn roof again. Fantasy football fans. For ****s say we use to be Broncos fans! WTF is going on in this world. The federal reserve will ruin us!

classic Mock post, nice!

Bacchus
08-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Again I say...

Why does it have to? It is a Tebow sucks thread.

TonyR
08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Because he's not as physically gifted as a guy like Cam Newton and he not as good of a passer as Cam Newton.

Careful Tombstone. I got everything short of death threats for suggesting something resembling this last season...

Beantown Bronco
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Careful Tombstone. I got everything short of death threats for suggesting something resembling this last season...

Are you sure? I think someone hoping that you get bit by an AIDS spitting cobra constitutes a death threat, but that's just my opinion. Maybe we should start a poll.

TonyR
08-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Are you sure? I think someone hoping that you get bit by an AIDS spitting cobra constitutes a death threat, but that's just my opinion. Maybe we should start a poll.

This may, in fact, be poll worthy.

RaiderH8r
08-27-2012, 10:46 AM
**** you would be so pissed.

Tebow is awful so Manning has this wrapped up. No doubt. We could, legitimately three peat. The question then becomes, does Manning go into Canton with the team that had him the longest or the team that put more rings on his fingers? Oh the Indy fat humps will be so pissed.

peacepipe
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Tebow is awful so Manning has this wrapped up. No doubt. We could, legitimately three peat. The question then becomes, does Manning go into Canton with the team that had him the longest or the team that put more rings on his fingers? Oh the Indy fat humps will be so pissed.

I doubt anyone actually believes he'll go into the HOF as a bronco. We win a SB with him,he can go into the HOF as a florida gator for all I care.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 11:01 AM
For the bazillionth time (at least), players don't go into the HOF as a member of a certain team. The player and his accomplishments are listed, and at the bottom it's listed which teams that player played for.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
For the bazillionth time (at least), players don't go into the HOF as a member of a certain team. The player and his accomplishments are listed, and at the bottom it's listed which teams that player played for.

Trolls think Tebow is a good QB. Do you really expect them to know anything about the HOF!

RaiderH8r
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Trolls think Tebow is a good QB. Do you really expect them to know anything about the HOF!

No, Tebow is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. What's really stunning is the huge drop off in scoring from Sanchize to Tebow. I mean Tebow is probably the most offensive thing to football since the advent of Raiders football.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM

I love how you think the amount of SBs Manning could bring us has anything to do how ****ing bad of a QB Tebow is. Last years team was a 10 win team with any other QB besides Tebow and that includes Orton.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM

I'll concede your point about the player going in as a "professional football player" and the teams being listed that he played for, but the induction ceremony is very important to the player. I'll use Zimmerman as an example. He played the majority of his career as a Viking but he wanted to go into the HoF as a Bronco and hence, he had Bowlen delivery the introduction for his induction ceremony. I'll give another example. Tony Dorsett played a couple of years for the Broncos but he is not considered a Broncos HoF representative. He's a Cowboy all the way. The same can be said for Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys. Emmitt played a few years for the Cards but he went in as a Cowboy.

menonite
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I want to say up front that I'm only a casual football fan. Last year I had a generally positive opinion of Tebow and I thought the playoff win was amazing. However, after lurking here for a few weeks I think I kind of hate him. Because of his fans on the site. Maybe it's some sort of "troll-fu" mind game where they want to make people hate him with their constant passive aggressive comments but whatever their intention is, it's made me dislike him. Through no fault of his own, mind you; it's the whiny comments of his "fans."

errand
08-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Yes....they really aren't hard to spot...the generally hate Elway.....Fox...Manning...and anyone who praises them. Oh...and if you say Tebow isn't that good....they generally go psycho

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll concede your point about the player going in as a "professional football player" and the teams being listed that he played for, but the induction ceremony is very important to the player. I'll use Zimmerman as an example. He played the majority of his career as a Viking but he wanted to go into the HoF as a Bronco and hence, he had Bowlen delivery the introduction for his induction ceremony. I'll give another example. Tony Dorsett played a couple of years for the Broncos but he is not considered a Broncos HoF representative. He's a Cowboy all the way. The same can be said for Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys. Emmitt played a few years for the Cards but he went in as a Cowboy.

"How he's remembered" is different than "going in as" a member of a certain team. So is "who gives his induction speech."

Point of fact is, when you go in, you go in as a member of the NFL and any team you played for.

It's a pissing match that doesn't need to be had, just that turn of phrase bugs the everloving **** out of me.

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I love how you think the amount of SBs Manning could bring us has anything to do how ****ing bad of a QB Tebow is. Last years team was a 10 win team with any other QB besides Tebow and that includes Orton.

LOL

1-4 Orton was really on his way to a 10 Win Season. Totally Cereal. Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Tebow is a dog**** qb. It's quite obvious we got more luck than all the other 31 teams combined last year. It's not our problem anymore thank you Mr Elway.

lolcopter
08-27-2012, 12:11 PM
No, Tebow is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. What's really stunning is the huge drop off in scoring from Sanchize to Tebow. I mean Tebow is probably the most offensive thing to football since the advent of Raiders football.

lol

lolcopter
08-27-2012, 12:12 PM

um no

Orton sucks worse than tebow, and that's saying something

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
um no

Orton sucks worse than tebow, and that's saying something

Tebow should have beat him in the most important game of the year then.

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Of course.

Just like there are still people who think Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.

And just like there are people in the world who think Justin Bieber makes good music... LOL

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM

You left off Tebow is a 100% scripted person which means he is fake.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 12:50 PM

Yeah, me. I think he's finally getting the development he needed, and has settled into a situation that was where he should have probably been when he was drafted.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah, me. I think he's finally getting the development he needed, and has settled into a situation that was where he should have probably been when he was drafted.

Settled in on a team that hasn't found the endzone once all preseason? A team that was an HBO gimmick? A team with in house fighting that always gets leaked in the most hyped media market?

Rabb
08-27-2012, 01:04 PM

so does the development start after training camp, or are they telling him to look like **** now just to throw off other teams?

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Settled in on a team that hasn't found the endzone once all preseason? A team that was an HBO gimmick? A team with in house fighting that always gets leaked in the most hyped media market?

Nothing develops a QB faster then putting them on the punt team.

bronco militia
08-27-2012, 01:08 PM
LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Nothing develops a QB faster then putting them on the punt team.

Ha! Probably the most important part of the development

TonyR
08-27-2012, 01:23 PM

LOL Am I the only one who can't decide whether or not this is serious?!?

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Tebow should have beat him in the most important game of the year then.

Dumb argument. Like saying Peyton's never beaten Big Ben in the playoffs, therefore Big Ben is the better QB.

And Orton didn't do anything to win that game by any stretch of the imagination.

broncocalijohn
08-27-2012, 01:36 PM

He serious. Big tebow fan.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 01:37 PM

No. Assuming you were asking for clarification and not just making a bunch of rhetorical jabs, settling in on a team with an established starter, but brought in with special plays to help that team win, all the while working on his mechanics for the next phase of his career.

That's genuinely where I thought he would be drafted (perhaps round 3). But McD drafting him (1) as a perceived QB guru at the time; and (2) with a human dumpster fire in Orton at QB -- got us all excited that we might get to see the "develop as you go" method, where he would start from a shotgun offense he was comfortable in, and work on these things as he went along.

For many reasons, it didn't work out that way. What he's doing now was where I hoped to see him. My two most likely candidates before the pre-draft buildup were the Patriots behind Brady and the Colts behind Peyton.

(Remember, the Colts always had a waste of skin at backup QB, so they may as well have gotten a player who could help them there -- and Tebow could. )

Br0nc0Buster
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Hes never been more serious about anything in his life

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 02:07 PM
No. Assuming you were asking for clarification and not just making a bunch of rhetorical jabs, settling in on a team with an established starter, but brought in with special plays to help that team win, all the while working on his mechanics for the next phase of his career.

That's genuinely where I thought he would be drafted (perhaps round 3). But McD drafting him (1) as a perceived QB guru at the time; and (2) with a human dumpster fire in Orton at QB -- got us all excited that we might get to see the "develop as you go" method, where he would start from a shotgun offense he was comfortable in, and work on these things as he went along.

For many reasons, it didn't work out that way. What he's doing now was where I hoped to see him. My two most likely candidates before the pre-draft buildup were the Patriots behind Brady and the Colts behind Peyton.

(Remember, the Colts always had a waste of skin at backup QB, so they may as well have gotten a player who could help them there -- and Tebow could. )

Meanwhile NFL Network is about to air a commentary on "Can the Jets fix what's looking like the beginning of a disastrous season?"

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM

I agree that TT was taken by McD to develop into a QB but I'm not so sure about Indy every wanting TT, it just does not seem like a good fit. Also, it's hard to really know what Bellycheat thinks (or thought) of TT.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM

:rofl::giggle: LOL LOL LOL LOL It's like Tebow fans don't even follow football!

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Meanwhile NFL Network is about to air a commentary on "Can the Jets fix what's looking like the beginning of a disastrous season?"

Fire the OC and cut TT is the only way to save the season.

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Fire the OC and cut TT is the only way to save the season.

The numbers they showed for that offense were abysmal. One of the guys on NFLN (Heath Evans) was insistent that the solution was to start Tebow; the other guy (Darren Sharper) disagreed. But with a mediocre starter, bringing Tebow in just guaranteed that they will have a QB controversy... and the accompanying divisions and polarization of the locker room and the fan base. Meh... Pats are probably gonna take that division anyway. I'm just glad it's no longer happening to the Broncos.

oubronco
08-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Tebow revolutionizing the QB position one ball thrown in the dirt at a time

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Dumb argument. Like saying Peyton's never beaten Big Ben in the playoffs, therefore Big Ben is the better QB.

And Orton didn't do anything to win that game by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not a dumb arguement. KC had no reason to even try in that game. Tebow had the season on the line. You're right Orton didn't do anything. That magnifies how bad tebow did though. He couldnt even get more than 7 points. Kinda like all preseason so far.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree that TT was taken by McD to develop into a QB but I'm not so sure about Indy every wanting TT, it just does not seem like a good fit. Also, it's hard to really know what Bellycheat thinks (or thought) of TT.

It wasn't really speculation that they wanted him, it was finding a good fit, as in, thinking about teams where he might go. I heard some of the faintest rumblings that they had interest, but it would have been later rounds. It would have been as a career backup, like Sorgi, but unlike Sorgi not a waste of oxygen.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
It's not a dumb arguement. KC had no reason to even try in that game. Tebow had the season on the line. You're right Orton didn't do anything. That magnifies how bad tebow did though. He couldnt even get more than 7 points. Kinda like all preseason so far.

They were playing for Romeo to get the job. Their defense was actually pretty good. They also beat Green Bay, and under your theory they also had no reason to even try against Green Bay. And it was a defensive win over Green Bay.

Still a terrible game by Tebow -- that was the game where he just wouldn't throw it, period.

But there's no reason to turn it into something it wasn't. The Chefs showed some life down the stretch last year.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 07:31 PM
:rofl::giggle: LOL LOL LOL LOL It's like Tebow fans don't even follow football!

Sanchez is a #6 overall pick in his fourth year -- they didn't bring Tebow in to replace him. (Although, if you think they did, I can see some evidence for that).

But I was really using those words to apply to the other scenarios, like Brady. My point was that I thought a team with an established starter would pick him later in the draft, to use him in situations while fulfilling a backup role and developing.

The Jets situation is closer to that, even if Sanchez's mediocrity makes it a little more shaky. The point is, the clock is not ticking on starting Tebow. It has a different feel.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM

I think that defense is going to be lock down, better than last year. It's improved in every way. Landry and Bell at safety are looking awesome. Ellis at backup NT is looking like a beast. I think Coples will help them even as a rookie.

So I think the Jets will remain relevant because of their defense.

And their packages with Tebow is at least a recognition of "Hey, we suck. We're going to try different things to move the ball." A team with that attitude can find a way to get some points.

Tony Sparano is that guy that, the first time you look his way, he's totally sucking. And you think "he sucks," and you look away. Then you look back later in the season and he's got things headed in a better direction. Like last year, winning 6 of their last 9.

BroncoBeavis
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
KC had no reason to even try in that game.

LOL

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I think that defense is going to be lock down, better than last year. It's improved in every way. Landry and Bell at safety are looking awesome. Ellis at backup NT is looking like a beast. I think Coples will help them even as a rookie.

So I think the Jets will remain relevant because of their defense.

And their packages with Tebow is at least a recognition of "Hey, we suck. We're going to try different things to move the ball." A team with that attitude can find a way to get some points.

Tony Sparano is that guy that, the first time you look his way, he's totally sucking. And you think "he sucks," and you look away. Then you look back later in the season and he's got things headed in a better direction. Like last year, winning 6 of their last 9.

Defense can't do it all on their own; at some point the offense is going to have to put some points on the scoreboard too. Sure it's preseason, but all of the other teams in the league have gotten into the end zone 3 times (heard this little factoid on NFLN today) while the Jest haven't made it there even once. Maybe it's just "a slow start"... but it could also be the early signs of a less-than-stellar season offensively.

Missouribronc
08-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Tebow fans are complete idiots.

Bacillus Anthracis
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Sanchez is a #6 overall pick in his fourth year -- they didn't bring Tebow in to replace him. (Although, if you think they did, I can see some evidence for that).

Sanchez sucks. I think the Jets organization knows it and that's why they brought in Tebow. They saw that with a decent running game and a stout D, Tebow can pull off some crazy stuff. The problem for the Jets is that their D isn't as stout as it used to be and neither is their running game. So Tebow is just going to be added to the list of mistakes that end up getting Rex Ryan fired.

Anyway, apparently the NFL Channel thinks Tebow is the 9th best left handed quarterback to ever play the game. I wanted to vomit.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Crennel already had the job locked up. It didn't take a horrible performance by them, yes it was a win but it was terrible, to seal his fate as being the permanent choice.

broncosteven
08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I do think it is fun to watch Timmy convert 3rd and 16 on the ground, not so much in the air.

Dude was like 4-11 and 50 yards and only 3 points to show for it, typical Timmy.

broncosteven
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM

No, I think they are just blinded by hormones from their raging Mancrush.

Not that there is anything wrong with a good Mancrush.

Jay3
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Defense can't do it all on their own; at some point the offense is going to have to put some points on the scoreboard too. Sure it's preseason, but all of the other teams in the league have gotten into the end zone 3 times (heard this little factoid on NFLN today) while the Jest haven't made it there even once. Maybe it's just "a slow start"... but it could also be the early signs of a less-than-stellar season offensively.

Yeah, they're not going to set the woods on fire. I was responding to the forecast of a "distastrous season." I think they'll be a tough out every week because of their D. Tthat's all. Still won't win the division.

RaiderH8r
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM

I can't even agree with you without your hateboner falling out and getting in the way of a sensible thought.

Blueflame
08-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, they're not going to set the woods on fire. I was responding to the forecast of a "distastrous season." I think they'll be a tough out every week because of their D. Tthat's all. Still win the division.

Do you seriously believe the Jets are going to take that division from the Pats? Wouldn't it take a collapse of fairly large proportions for the Pats to go from a Super Bowl appearance to a WC berth at best? I'm curious as to what you'd base that prediction on...

Oops... nevermind. Just saw your correction...

Jay3
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Do you seriously believe the Jets are going to take that division from the Pats? Wouldn't it take a collapse of fairly large proportions for the Pats to go from a Super Bowl appearance to a WC berth at best? I'm curious as to what you'd base that prediction on...

Oops... nevermind. Just saw your correction...

That was a typo. Meant they'll be about like last year, give or take.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I can't even agree with you without your hateboner falling out and getting in the way of a sensible thought.

Lol you are being a smart ass troll like always say Denver has to win eleventy million super bowls in a row otherwise replacing Tebow with Manning is a failure. Even though we both know Tebow will be out of the QB position in the NFL before Manning.

RaiderH8r
08-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Lol you are being a smart ass troll like always say Denver has to win eleventy million super bowls in a row otherwise replacing Tebow with Manning is a failure. Even though we both know Tebow will be out of the QB position in the NFL before Manning.

See what I mean about your hateboner? Nobody can win eleventy million Super Bowls. That's just silly. Well...maybe The Bionic Neck could but that's about it.

DBroncos4life
08-27-2012, 09:09 PM
See what I mean about your hateboner? Nobody can win eleventy million Super Bowls. That's just silly. Well...maybe The Bionic Neck could but that's about it.

Did you like McD too?

RaiderH8r
08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Did you like McD too?

Umm...no. I had hopes for him then he implemented his train wreck and I was pretty keen on giving him to the AIDS cobra. Pretty sure it was when he shipped Cutler that I was ready to send McKid a flaming bag of dog****. Caught hell for it too. But no biggie.

errand
08-27-2012, 09:25 PM

I know right? Bronco Beavis is thinking he's making hay with the whole "Errand wanted Orton over Tebow" argument (like I was the only guy on here making that argument) all the while completely forgetting him and his offspring tearfully wanting Tebow over Manning LOL

errand
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Anyway, apparently the NFL Channel thinks Tebow is the 9th best left handed quarterback to ever play the game. I wanted to vomit.

I'm sure it's because they're hard pressed to even name 5 left handed passers...

errand
08-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Crennel already had the job locked up. It didn't take a horrible performance by them, yes it was a win but it was terrible, to seal his fate as being the permanent choice.

Exactly...these clowns act like Pioli insisted Crennel had to finish 7-9 to get the HC gig as 6-10 obviously wouldn't suffice...

maven
08-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Sanchez sucks. I think the Jets organization knows it and that's why they brought in Tebow. They saw that with a decent running game and a stout D, Tebow can pull off some crazy stuff. The problem for the Jets is that their D isn't as stout as it used to be and neither is their running game. So Tebow is just going to be added to the list of mistakes that end up getting Rex Ryan fired.

It's going to be fun watching that train wreck of a team this season.

Jay3
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Exactly...these clowns act like Pioli insisted Crennel had to finish 7-9 to get the HC gig as 6-10 obviously wouldn't suffice...

The Chefs would be stupid to base the decision to hire Crennel on the overall season record -- the one that got Haley fired.

What you look for in deciding whether to hire the existing coordinator, is whether their's a noticeable change in direction, in the trend of wins and losses, and whether the team seems to play for him. The team responded to Crennel's coaching -- they beat the Packers and the Broncos.

Is it that hard to conclude the Chefs were playing their best in that game? Wasn't the game by Tebow bad enough, just looking at it? What's the need to add to it "and the Chefs didn't want to win, either!!!" It just seems like histrionics.

TonyR
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gracias-john-elway

LOL

bronco militia
08-30-2012, 11:12 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17xd34dz0tgv1gif/original.gif

Tombstone RJ
08-30-2012, 11:16 AM
gotta say that was a beautiful spiral into the great unknown...

Jekyll15Hyde
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM

That is a lot prettier when it isnt in orange and blue

menonite
08-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I wonder if any of his quarterbacks coaches have ever considered that he might be right handed? Someday Tebow will attempt a Favre-esque "wrong hand" shovel pass and it will come out of his hand in a perfect spiral like the second coming of Elway.

LRtagger
08-30-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gracias-john-elway

LOL

The responses have me ROFL

That's a little unfair. It doesn't show the end result of the throw, a perfect strike into the trash can.

But, like Rex Ryan said, it was good that he didn't cream a cheerleader.Not until marriage.

:rofl:

Jay3
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I wonder if any of his quarterbacks coaches have ever considered that he might be right handed? Someday Tebow will attempt a Favre-esque "wrong hand" shovel pass and it will come out of his hand in a perfect spiral like the second coming of Elway.

I would compose an awesome, snarky retort to this. Except the thought has occurred to me often.

broncocalijohn
08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
No, I think they are just blinded by hormones from their raging Mancrush.

Not that there is anything wrong with a good Mancrush.

Yeah, because there is no way a restraining order against you by Gene Kranz is in no way a stipulation of anything but a man-crush!

DENVERDUI55
08-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Beavis will be here to point out its the OC's fault for wanting him to fail and that his YPA average is better than Blaine Gabbert, Tavaris Jackson, Tyler Palko, etc.