PDA

View Full Version : tebow sucks

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

CEH
05-29-2012, 06:35 PM
He did not say so. Lloyd asked to be traded when Orton was still the starter. It was a result of his failure to reach agreement on a contract.

But this legend lives on because it seems to fit so well to some people.

What he told me at the tavern when he was on infinity live is totally different than what he says in public
He needed to catch passes to get his next contract and didn't like the tebow offense he loved playing w orton

errand
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Too bad he couldn't have just left it at those first 5 words. Nope, we heard more of this type of stuff from him untill he decided to grace us with his absense.

I agree that no true fan should ever wish a player on his favorite team to get injured....

Having said that, it was your side of the aisle that defended other clowns on here that advocated taking a crowbar to Orton's knees and head...even going as far as using a crowbar for their avatar....and your side also defended poster that suggested a hypothetical scenario where Fox and Elway died in a plane crash, and that the franchise would be so much better without them.....

not saying TGN's take on wishing Tebow got hurt instead of Kuper, but I've heard worse **** said about other marginal players. Not to mention the amount of venom you clowns have attacked dissenters with...

I submit to you that the team, the FO, and alot of fans think the franchise is better off with the roster we have right now

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
lol ya think?

errand
05-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Even Royal wanted out and got his wish according to DJ's twitter

You just know Eddie went "Doh!" as soon as he left and the Broncos signed Manning.....

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Eddie sucks and there was no way they were resigning him unless he took a huge cut

Stuck in Cali
05-29-2012, 07:57 PM
I wish Tebow the best. But am sure glad he is not a Bronco. Having Manning join us even if he never plays a snap we are still better off, in my opinion.

For how nice of a person he seems to be and how the media portrays him you would think he is the one person you would want on your team. Too bad all the hype/circus that surrounds him is just too much of a distraction, again my opinion.

The type of offence he is suited for can't and will not last long term in the NFL. We started the season 1-4 then had a 7-1 stretch, followed by a 0-3 record when the division was on the line. Went to the 3rd round of tie breakers to even allow us to make the playoffs.

In my opinion, in all the wins with him as a starter we got some luck with the other teams making mistakes at the right time for us to comeback and win the game. Now don't get me wrong most times in life we all say I would rather be lucky than good, but it doesn't pan out that well in the NFL.

Does Tebow suck, that for others to debate. I am just happy to be rid of him in the Orange and Blue.

Now back to your regular programming.

poloaa009
05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
He can't seem to get back in the saddle after that last loss.

Missouribronc
05-29-2012, 09:45 PM
There are really still Broncos fans that treat Tebow better than Elway?

Good lord you people are stupid...

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
I agree that no true fan should ever wish a player on his favorite team to get injured....

Having said that, it was your side of the aisle that defended other clowns on here that advocated taking a crowbar to Orton's knees and head...even going as far as using a crowbar for their avatar....and your side also defended poster that suggested a hypothetical scenario where Fox and Elway died in a plane crash, and that the franchise would be so much better without them.....

not saying TGN's take on wishing Tebow got hurt instead of Kuper, but I've heard worse **** said about other marginal players. Not to mention the amount of venom you clowns have attacked dissenters with...

I submit to you that the team, the FO, and alot of fans think the franchise is better off with the roster we have right now

What is this 'my side' BS you're talking about? I didn't have a side. I was for Tebow while he was the starter, and wanted nothing more than for him and the TEAM to succeed. I defended Tebow like any fan last season probably should have since we had no other player to turn to.

Now Tebow is gone. Did I want him to stay and back up Manning? Well yeah, I thought he would be the better backup. But he's gone. Oh well, I'll continue to support the starting QB until he shows that he shouldn't be starting anymore, and I'll allways support the team, no matter who the coaches decide to throw out there.

So take that 'my side' and shove it straight up your poop stink.

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Looking at it purely from a WR's perspective... because the coaches were more likely to call a running play than a passing play with Tebow as the starter, WR numbers were going to drop as their roles shifted to "run blocker". As is true of any player on the field, accolades such as being voted into the Pro Bowl do depend on the numbers. Face it; WRs who played most of their careers with QBs like Dan Marino or Drew Brees are going to have far better odds of making it to Canton than... say...Trent Dilfer's or Matt Cassel's WRs. Which brings the "Captain Obvious" observation that... of course our WRs are delighted at the opportunity to play with a QB the caliber of Manning.

So you're saying that our WRs, and the NFLs WRs in general are all about the stats and getting into Canton rather than the success of the team first? The team is winning and makes the playoffs, but the WRs only see their own stats just so they can get to the pro bowl and Canton?

That pretty seems to be what you are saying, which I call BS on about 75% of the WRs in the NFL.

And if those are the kind of WRs that we have in Denver, then we probably won't have them for long regardless since they aren't playing for the team, but only for themselves.

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Having Manning join us even if he never plays a snap we are still better off, in my opinion.

Last seasons playoff win just called and said hello.

If you seriously think that the QBs we have now would be better than say if Tebow was the backup, and got an entire offseason of work in as a QB, well, you're just plum dumb.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Last seasons playoff win just called and said hello.

If you seriously think that the QBs we have now would be better than say if Tebow was the backup, and got an entire offseason of work in as a QB, well, you're just plum dumb.

If they ran the same offense as last year? Sure. But I cringe at the thought of tebow trying to run the offense that is being developed right now.

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 10:06 PM
If they ran the same offense as last year? Sure. But I cringe at the thought of tebow trying to run the offense that is being developed right now.

Well we really don't know what that offense is until we see it no don't we? But it's Mannings offense, so no, I don't think our current staff would be smart enough to install a Manning offense without having Manning, so we wouldn't be running anything like it.:)

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 10:27 PM
So you're saying that our WRs, and the NFLs WRs in general are all about the stats and getting into Canton rather than the success of the team first? The team is winning and makes the playoffs, but the WRs only see their own stats just so they can get to the pro bowl and Canton?

That pretty seems to be what you are saying, which I call BS on about 75% of the WRs in the NFL.

And if those are the kind of WRs that we have in Denver, then we probably won't have them for long regardless since they aren't playing for the team, but only for themselves.

I said what I meant to say... that the numbers are important to WR careers just as they are to RB and QB careers ("NFL" stands for "not for long" for any player with lower-than-average numbers). And that our WRs will likely have far better numbers with Manning throwing the football than with Tebow.

There's no professional athlete out there who cares nothing whatsoever about his own individual performance on the field; they all want to do their personal best for the team & their teammates and for their families and for themselves as the return for all the work they do to be in the best possible physical condition.

baja
05-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, like this gem of an opinion of his.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3442290#post3442290

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.

Well that was a poor choice, my guess was he was trying to yank someones chain and given the roasting be was getting at the time that is an understandable reaction.

This Tebow thing and TGN is an issue that went further than maybe it should have.

I don't know how long you've been here but just would like to point out TGN has been one of the very best posters here for years and years, with me that buys latitude.

Hate to see him go over a silly thing like this.

errand
05-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Well we really don't know what that offense is until we see it no don't we? But it's Mannings offense, so no, I don't think our current staff would be smart enough to install a Manning offense without having Manning, so we wouldn't be running anything like it.:)

Well whatever offense is being cooked up at Dove Valley, I'll guarandamntee you it doesn't include only 8 passes per game.

baja
05-29-2012, 10:44 PM
This is hilarious revisionism. TGN turned into one of the most hateful, resentful and disgruntled whiners on the entire board over the Tebow debacle. Every post he made for more than a year was somehow laced with anger over the QB position, regardless of the thread topic. It was pathetic, annoying and distracting for the entire board. I don't remember him being anything but a regular fan pre-Tebow, but over the past two years he was nothing short of a misanthrope who diverted discussion and stubbornly pushed his opinion nonstop every bit as much as the Tebow fanboys he complained about.

A lot of people disagreed over Tebow, and most of them didn't turn into bitter objectors filling the forum with negativity.

The forum has been quite poisoned for some years now relative to the first many years here. What I wonder is if this board is a reasonable reflection of the mind set of the nation in general(Generally souring).

TGN is a very small piece of this poison but he is also a great poster with years of good stuff so there is that.

Cito Pelon
05-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Tebow still has a lot to prove. He has the skills, but inconsistent, and that's what scares GM's.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 05:02 AM
There's no professional athlete out there who cares nothing whatsoever about his own individual performance on the field; they all want to do their personal best for the team & their teammates and for their families and for themselves as the return for all the work they do to be in the best possible physical condition.

Well that's a little bit different than what you said earlier. First it was all about thier stats so they can get pro bowls and into Canton, now it's about the team, their family and making the most money they can before they are no longer an asset to the NFL. Gotcha.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 05:05 AM
I don't know how long you've been here but just would like to point out TGN has been one of the very best posters here for years and years, with me that buys latitude.

Hate to see him go over a silly thing like this.

Well it says I've been here since 2003. So I guess I've been here for a pretty damn good bit. And I use to not have a problem with TGN, not one. But the last couple years, he has been nothing short of a dumbass.

peacepipe
05-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Well it says I've been here since 2003. So I guess I've been here for a pretty damn good bit. And I use to not have a problem with TGN, not one. But the last couple years, he has been nothing short of a dumbass.

so,when he started pointing out the obvious flaws in tebow,which messed with your "tebow is the messiah" image. he was a dumbass.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
so,when he started pointing out the obvious flaws in tebow,which messed with your "tebow is the messiah" image. he was a dumbass.

Ok, and another idiot chimes in. Please show me anywhere where I try to show Tebow as a messiah. Come on, I'll wait.

Geez, reading comprehension is lost on some folks these days.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-30-2012, 09:29 AM

He hated tebow because he was a christian. Thats as lame as it gets.and I'm a jew.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-30-2012, 09:31 AM
He hated tebow because he was a christian. Thats as lame as it gets.and I'm a jew.

I think his Christianity was an additional thorn in his side, not because of the religion itself, but because so many of Tebow's fans were only fans BECAUSE of the religion issue, and not because of what he could actually do on the field.

It did actually get pretty ridiculous.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok, and another idiot chimes in. Please show me anywhere where I try to show Tebow as a messiah. Come on, I'll wait.

Geez, reading comprehension is lost on some folks these days.

On average, the hard-on-erry I've seen from the Brock suckers has far surpassed the kind of hopefulness that most "Teboners" voiced.

broncocalijohn
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
The last three all have arguments to be made for them. As far as I'm concerned, John Fox is 1-4 as the head coach of the Denver Broncos.

And why Tebowoners cannot be taken seriously. The credit for our run afte Orton was benched is all Tebow and nothing to do with the coaches or the defense. I give Tebow a lot of credit for the great stretch but to give all the love to Tebow is assinine.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
And why Tebowoners cannot be taken seriously. The credit for our run afte Orton was benched is all Tebow and nothing to do with the coaches or the defense. I give Tebow a lot of credit for the great stretch but to give all the love to Tebow is assinine.

And so is the world of an NFL QB. All the credit and all the blame. Hell Manning will be the reason Denver makes it back to the playoffs for a second straight year, but he will not be the fault in the majorities eyes no matter how poorly he plays in that situation.

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM

I guess that means Tebow is 1-2 without Fox.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
And so is the world of an NFL QB. All the credit and all the blame. Hell Manning will be the reason Denver makes it back to the playoffs for a second straight year, but he will not be the fault in the majorities eyes no matter how poorly he plays in that situation.

So Terrell Davis has nothing to do with winning the super bowl?

peacepipe
05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
And so is the world of an NFL QB. All the credit and all the blame. Hell Manning will be the reason Denver makes it back to the playoffs for a second straight year, but he will not be the fault in the majorities eyes no matter how poorly he plays in that situation. the perception of people who know nothing about football.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
the perception of people who know nothing about football.

Exactly. The thought of Montana being the ONLY reason the niners won, while Rice and that defense had nothing to do with it is ridiculous. Eli is the only reason the giants won, while their Dline and recievers had nothing to do with it.

Who even thinks that way.

peacepipe
05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
I think his Christianity was an additional thorn in his side, not because of the religion itself, but because so many of Tebow's fans were only fans BECAUSE of the religion issue, and not because of what he could actually do on the field.
It did actually get pretty ridiculous.ding!ding!ding! we got a winner. those of us who saw tebow for what he was as a QB,if you can call him that, only ever pointed to his play on the field,I don't remember anyone going after teblow directly because of his religion.

baja
05-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I guess that means Tebow is 1-2 without Fox.

BOOM GOES THE DINE-O-MITE

lolcopter
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Good QBs accept all the blame and deflect all the credit.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-30-2012, 11:14 AM
On average, the hard-on-erry I've seen from the Brock suckers has far surpassed the kind of hopefulness that most "Teboners" voiced.

LULZ.

not even close. Go fish.

baja
05-30-2012, 11:18 AM

This post is proof the world is subjective and not objective.

bronco militia
05-30-2012, 11:18 AM

LOL...no doubt

wtf!

alkemical
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM

LOL, it's the biggest hurdle to being "human".

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 11:55 AM

Elway's words alone are more homertastic than what most Camp Tebowners have ever said here.

I don't think many of us ever predicted that Tebow would come off the bench and instantly compete for championships.

Beantown Bronco
05-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't think many of us ever predicted that Tebow would come off the bench and instantly compete for championships.

Huh? Are you saying that he has?

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
So Terrell Davis has nothing to do with winning the super bowl?

WTF does Davis being one reason why Denver finally won a SB have to do with QBs getting all the glory and all the blame? Way to take what I said way out of context.

But, it is the life of the NFL QB. Is it right? Well no. But it is how it goes.

Football is a team sport. One individual doesn't win anything on his own.

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Well that's a little bit different than what you said earlier. First it was all about thier stats so they can get pro bowls and into Canton, now it's about the team, their family and making the most money they can before they are no longer an asset to the NFL. Gotcha.

No, it's not different from what I said earlier; it's perhaps a bit different from the way you tried to spin what I said earlier though.

How many times did we see the WRs criticized on this forum during the timeframe while Tebow was our starter? (almost every week someone was saying the WRs sucked) The fact is... when the OC only calls 8 pass plays a game, there's not much opportunity for any WR to excel. And a WR who doesn't "stand out" in any way is not going to remain on the team... or even in the NFL... for long.

But don't just take my word for it... I distinctly recall seeing Jerry Rice on ESPN or the NFL network (around the time when the move was made from Orton to Tebow) stating unequivocally that he personally would find it "frustrating" to play on a team with Tim Tebow as his QB. I'm assuming you'll agree that Jerry Rice has some idea of what a WR mindset might be. Maybe Jerry's "just a hater" though.

Shananahan
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Elway's words alone are more homertastic than what most Camp Tebowners have ever said here.

You really enjoy this, don't you?

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Not really... I only see one Osweiler thread on the main page; IIRC there were always at least 5 active Tebow threads going.

Shananahan
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I was under the impression that all the Osweiler homers on the board right now were gimmicks.

Drunk Monkey
05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I was under the impression that all the Osweiler homers on the board right now were gimmicks.

Are you sure those people exist?

razorwire77
05-30-2012, 12:59 PM

lulz wait wut?

80 percent of the board bitched about the Brock draft pick and one guy created a novelty Brock themed account. Other than that, point me to these mythical Brock huggers that you're talking about.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
when the OC only calls 8 pass plays a game, there's not much opportunity for any WR to excel.

Change two letters in that sentence and you sound just like a Teboner.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:10 PM
You really enjoy this, don't you?

It's honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a coach or GM say.

Most actively try to dial down the expectations placed on a rookie. John makes it sound like the Broncos will barely notice whether its Brock or Peyton Manning on the field.

Hopefully it won't matter for a few years. But it just fits into the same pattern that makes a guy think that John has insane expectations for a first-season QB. Hopefully he'll figure that out. Or else he'll make the Shanahan QB-carousel look downright homerly in comparison.

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Change two letters in that sentence and you sound just like a Teboner.

We'll have the same WRs this year... do you believe there will be a single game in which the game plan only calls for 8 passes? Manning can kill the opposing team through the air; Tebow's strength was running the ball. With Manning, our WRs' primary role will be catching the ball; with Tebow it was run-blocking. The game plan will be totally different because the strengths of the QB are different.

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
It's honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a coach or GM say.

Most actively try to dial down the expectations placed on a rookie. John makes it sound like the Broncos will barely notice whether its Brock or Peyton Manning on the field.

Hopefully it won't matter for a few years. But it just fits into the same pattern that makes a guy think that John has insane expectations for a first-season QB. Hopefully he'll figure that out. Or else he'll make the Shanahan QB-carousel look downright homerly in comparison.

Could it be possible that John's a little "gun-shy" with what he says in the media... after experiencing a year of Tebow fans taking every statement he uttered and parsing and analyzing it minutely as a possible justification for sputtering outrage?

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh, and in relation to a conversation with Baja the other day.

I'd like to 'pologize to TGN for not sufficiently hating the last Broncos QB to win a playoff game. The only Broncos quarterback to have ever done that in his first 16 games.

I realize now that not hating the kid and wishing him injury did irreparable harm to the Denver Broncos franchise, Front Office, and ultimately the fan base at large.

In closing, please do not negrep me for the 4th time since yesterday. I die a little inside with each little jab of disapproval from the guy who takes his toys and goes home whenever the Broncos play a player he dislikes.

Sincerely,

BroncoBeavis

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
WTF does Davis being one reason why Denver finally won a SB have to do with QBs getting all the glory and all the blame? Way to take what I said way out of context.

But, it is the life of the NFL QB. Is it right? Well no. But it is how it goes.

Football is a team sport. One individual doesn't win anything on his own.

You said QBs get ALL the credit and ALL the blame. Did you not say this? Yes you did. This is simply not true. If anything coaches get the blame. Fans know it takes a team to win. That's why peace pipe said people who dont know football think that way.

Does rivers get all the blame for not winning it all these years? He's still their starter. Did Jim kelly get all the blame? Dan Marino? How about all the rest of the good QBs who couldn't win it all. Horrible QBs get the blame and rightfully so.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
do you believe there will be a single game in which the game plan only calls for 8 passes?

No because if McCoy called even 3 runs in a row on first down, Peyton Manning would call time out, walk straight over to Mike, grab his headset, throw it to the ground, stomp on it, and then bitch slap him in the face.

But ultimately I think you're missing the main point which is by simple definition, a game plan that can't make a receiver look good can't make the QB throwing the ball look good either.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 01:38 PM
No because if McCoy called even 3 runs in a row on first down, Peyton Manning would call time out, walk straight over to Mike, grab his headset, throw it to the ground, stomp on it, and then b**** slap him in the face.

But ultimately I think you're missing the main point which is by simple definition, a game plan that can't make a receiver look good can't make the QB throwing the ball look good either.

How about georgia techs offense? Its game plan can't make a reciever look good yet 3 recievers have come out of there looking good in recent years. DT knew only 3 passing routes and was a 1st rounder.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Could it be possible that John's a little "gun-shy" with what he says in the media... after experiencing a year of Tebow fans taking every statement he uttered and parsing and analyzing it minutely as a possible justification for sputtering outrage?

Hey, I used to be one of John's biggest defenders when I thought people were overparsing things into his words that weren't there.

Except back then it was the haters super-parsing the fact that John wanted to get rid of Tebow. I thought it was ridiculous. In the meantime I've been proven wrong.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:41 PM
How about georgia techs offense? Its game plan can't make a reciever look good yet 3 recievers have come out of there looking good in recent years. DT knew only 3 passing routes and was a 1st rounder.

Yes. Take good players out of a dip**** system and they show much more potential.

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
No because if McCoy called even 3 runs in a row on first down, Peyton Manning would call time out, walk straight over to Mike, grab his headset, throw it to the ground, stomp on it, and then b**** slap him in the face.

No... I'm not missing the main point. A game plan that calls for very few passing attempts may not make the QB throwing the ball look good...but it also protects him from looking bad... when you're talking about a QB who isn't capable of consistently putting the football where it needs to be. I can't criticize a game plan that conceals a weakness or a liability especially concerning a QB who is so closely covered by the media.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
No... I'm not missing the main point. A game plan that calls for very few passing attempts may not make the QB throwing the ball look good...but it also protects him from looking bad... when you're talking about a QB who isn't capable of consistently putting the football where it needs to be. I can't criticize a game plan that conceals a weakness or a liability especially concerning a QB who is so closely covered by the media.

Ahh, so where a WR would look better with more reps, a QB would look worse. Even though the performance of both are inextricably linked.

Makes sense. So long as there's a dude named Tebow involved, anyway.

Beantown Bronco
05-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Ahh, so where a WR would look better with more reps, a QB would look worse. Even though the performance of both are inextricably linked.

It actually makes sense. By definition, a WRs stats cannot go down the more they are thrown to. Their reception and yardage can only go up (unless they are getting tackled behind the line every single time - not likely)

A QBs stats can get worse the more they throw, though. Plummer was the perfect example of this. When Shanny put the leash on and only let him throw a little, he looked better. Open it up, and the picks come calling.

razorwire77
05-30-2012, 02:03 PM
It actually makes sense. By definition, a WRs stats cannot go down the more they are thrown to. Their reception and yardage can only go up (unless they are getting tackled behind the line every single time - not likely)

A QBs stats can get worse the more they throw, though. Plummer was the perfect example of this. When Shanny put the leash on and only let him throw a little, he looked better. Open it up, and the picks come calling.

Not in Tebowfan boner land where the Broncos were intentionally throwing the ball 10 times per game because they wanted to hold Timmy's greatness back.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:11 PM

That might mean something if someone was making a statistical argument.

This is a very simple and general truism that has nothing to do with stats.

It takes WRs reps to get into a rhythm. It takes QBs reps to get into a rhythm.

Anyone who says one is true, but not the other has an agenda.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Not in Tebowfan boner land where the Broncos were intentionally throwing the ball 10 times per game because they wanted to hold Timmy's greatness back.

Or, in the words of noted Teboner Steve Young, it hampered his development.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
That might mean something if someone was making a statistical argument.

This is a very simple and general truism that has nothing to do with stats.

It takes WRs reps to get into a rhythm. It takes QBs reps to get into a rhythm.

Anyone who says one is true, but not the other has an agenda.

So did decker get into a rythem in the first 5 games? 22 catches and a huge drop off in production after. Reps always help a rythem no matter what position. But half of Tebows opportunities to get throwing reps he chose to run the ball instead.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Or, in the words of noted Teboner Steve Young, it hampered his development.

He wasn't all pro tebow. Out here on KNBR he said quite a bit of negative things

baja
05-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh, and in relation to a conversation with Baja the other day.

I'd like to 'pologize to TGN for not sufficiently hating the last Broncos QB to win a playoff game. The only Broncos quarterback to have ever done that in his first 16 games.

I realize now that not hating the kid and wishing him injury did irreparable harm to the Denver Broncos franchise, Front Office, and ultimately the fan base at large.

In closing, please do not negrep me for the 4th time since yesterday. I die a little inside with each little jab of disapproval from the guy who takes his toys and goes home whenever the Broncos play a player he dislikes.

Sincerely,

BroncoBeavis

Nice twist Mr. Disingenuous

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
So did decker get into a rythem in the first 5 games? 22 catches and a huge drop off in production after.

Am I supposed to argue that Decker should've had better rhythm with a guy that came in 5 weeks in, cold off the bench, vs a guy he spent his entire (short) NFL career playing and practicing with...

I guess to reduce this down, what you must be saying is

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Nice twist Mr. Disingenuous

Well, at least nobody can accuse you of being imperceptive. :)

Mostly it was meant for TGN though, who is my biggest fan apparently.

Beantown Bronco
05-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

Hilarious!

at passing the ball, yes, it's not even debatable.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:24 PM
He wasn't all pro tebow. Out here on KNBR he said quite a bit of negative things

Sure he did. There were negative things to be said. But "The Broncos Helped Timmy out by not giving him many opportunities to throw" is pure hater logic.

Young QB's need reps to learn (usually by trial and error) There's no arguing whether limiting those reps helps or hurts the young QB's growth.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Am I supposed to argue that Decker should've had better rhythm with a guy that came in 5 weeks in, cold off the bench, vs a guy he spent his entire (short) NFL career playing and practicing with...

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

Hilarious!

Here let me fix it for you

Dog turd > Orton > Tebow

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

Hilarious!

Pretty sad then that Orton only needed 7 points eh?

broncocalijohn
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM

LOL! We should discount the words of the Broncos GM and former great QB and listen to words of opinions by the likes of MacGruder and Alpha Seirra? Yeah, that makes sense. BTW, I hated the 2nd round pick.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:33 PM

Dog turd > Orton > Tebow

Well I'm glad we distilled it down to what it is.

Can't argue with Best Chance to Win.

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
at passing the ball, yes, it's not even debatable.

Do you really feel it is fair to compare a back up QB to a punt protector?

broncocalijohn
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Dog turd > Orton > Tebow

If we are talking winning for the Broncos, you might have this backwards. Give credit where credit is due. Glad I have Manning but I won't discount the unbelievable wins he gave us. I do think if Tebow is the old Tebow we saw the last few seasons, he will fail in the NFL as a QB...at least as a pure passing QB. College QB in the NFL will only go so far.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
LOL! We should discount the words of the Broncos GM and former great QB and listen to words of opinions by the likes of MacGruder and Alpha Seirra? Yeah, that makes sense. BTW, I hated the 2nd round pick.

I used the word "most" with McGroob specifically in mind.

Take away those two guys and I'd put what JE said about Brock as just as bat**** crazy as anything anyone else might've said about Timmy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
If we are talking winning for the Broncos, you might have this backwards. Give credit where credit is due. Glad I have Manning but I won't discount the unbelievable wins he gave us. I do think if Tebow is the old Tebow we saw the last few seasons, he will fail in the NFL as a QB...at least as a pure passing QB. College QB in the NFL will only go so far.

Tebow the football player > dog turd > Orton

I Have a hard time saying QB though.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Tebow the football player > dog turd > Orton

I Have a hard time saying QB though.

So True or False

The 2011 Denver Broncos go to the playoffs if Kyle Orton starts 16 games.

Oh, and you're welcome TGN.

Jay3
05-30-2012, 02:59 PM

So, in other words, you made his point -- he was being sarcastic in calling Steve Young a "Teboner." The point is that Steve Young would have no reason to make spirited defenses of Tebow, he knows what he's talking about, and he said the limited number of passing attempts hindered Tebow's development.

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 03:06 PM
So, in other words, you made his point -- he was being sarcastic in calling Steve Young a "Teboner." The point is that Steve Young would have no reason to make spirited defenses of Tebow, he knows what he's talking about, and he said the limited number of passing attempts hindered Tebow's development.

Playing for the Jets is going to mess up his development out more being a wild cat QB/SP teamer.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM

Steve young also said JT O'Sullivan would turn out to be great for the niners. Sure the limited amount of passing attempts could've affected tebows development. But IMO his arm affected it more.

I wonder how punt protecting will affect his development.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
So True or False

With or without Marion Barber or Phillip Rivers?

Jay3
05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Playing for the Jets is going to mess up his development out more being a wild cat QB/SP teamer.

Agreed. He's going to hang around never having been actually developed.

He's going to have to figure out things on his own. He's not going anywhere.

Jay3
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I wonder how punt protecting will affect his development.

Probably negative -- you make a good point. We can't assume that what we see from this point forward from Tebow (development wise) is what we would have seen had he remained the presumptive starter for the Broncos. Noted.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Probably negative -- you make a good point. We can't assume that what we see from this point forward from Tebow (development wise) is what we would have seen had he remained the presumptive starter for the Broncos. Noted.

I don't have much faith in Rex Ryan or Sparano knowing how to develop a QB. Will be interesting to see how Sanchez takes the pressure.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
With or without Marion Barber or Phillip Rivers?

Your boy Kyle was 6 for 13 with 0 TD's and an INT against Phyllis last year. QB Rating of 21.

Anyway, were you going to answer the question?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Your boy Kyle was 6 for 13 with 0 TD's and an INT against Phyllis last year. QB Rating of 21.

I wasn't talking about that game. I was talking about rivers against the raiders. You have to give him a game ball week 17 since we couldn't get it done against the chiefs.

And I'm not sure if you already knew, I've hated Orton since his days at Purdue so that would be a resounding false for me.

Shananahan
05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
OH MY GOD
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I wasn't talking about that game. I was talking about rivers against the raiders. You have to give him a game ball week 17 since we couldn't get it done against the chiefs.

And I'm not sure if you already knew, I've hated Orton since his days at Purdue so that would be a resounding false for me.

So what you're saying is your definition of a "better" QB is one that would've lost more games.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
So what you're saying is your definition of a "better" QB is one that would've lost more games.

Well not better than a dog turd. Notice I had dog turd above Orton. A dog turd might have won against the raiders week 1.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 03:41 PM
OH MY GOD

Dude, you're in the "Tebow Sucks" thread. This is like walking into Oakland-Alameda Coliseum and being surprised that something smells. :)

Shananahan
05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I just don't understand the desire on anyone's part to continue these conversations at this point. It was beyond boring by midseason when Tebow was actually a relevant topic for the team.

Carry on, I guess.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
It's the offseason. Can only talk about vickersons weight for so long.

Jay3
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM

I tried to Google to find out when the Jets have more OTA's, and I swear I had to skim through two pages of results that said something about Tebow throwing 2 picks at OTA's.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 04:10 PM
No, it's not different from what I said earlier; it's perhaps a bit different from the way you tried to spin what I said earlier though.

How many times did we see the WRs criticized on this forum during the timeframe while Tebow was our starter? (almost every week someone was saying the WRs sucked) The fact is... when the OC only calls 8 pass plays a game, there's not much opportunity for any WR to excel. And a WR who doesn't "stand out" in any way is not going to remain on the team... or even in the NFL... for long.

But don't just take my word for it... I distinctly recall seeing Jerry Rice on ESPN or the NFL network (around the time when the move was made from Orton to Tebow) stating unequivocally that he personally would find it "frustrating" to play on a team with Tim Tebow as his QB. I'm assuming you'll agree that Jerry Rice has some idea of what a WR mindset might be. Maybe Jerry's "just a hater" though.

No, you clearly stated two completely different things. I didn't have to add any spin. Also, Jerry Rice? So you want to put people like Lloyd, Decker, DT Royal, Willis etc in the same sentence? I'll give you two names of WR who were not all about their stats, Rod Smith, Edie Mac. Now granted, these guys didn't have the current Tebow throwing to them, but Rod Smith esp, was a WR who didn't care about stats, but just wanted to do what he was asked to do to keep a spot on the roster. (His words btw)

You see Blue, there are players out there who just really love the game for what it is. There are more of these types of guys than there are your Jerry Rice, T. Owens, Randy Moss, etc.

But anyway, this is a stupid discussion now. So I'm just going to leave it at that. It's nothing more than a back and forth with no ending.

Meck77
05-30-2012, 04:22 PM
The forum has been quite poisoned for some years now relative to the first many years here. What I wonder is if this board is a reasonable reflection of the mind set of the nation in general(Generally souring).

TGN is a very small piece of this poison.

OrangeMane weekend tradition! It's a blast and captures the true spirit of the community.

:haw!::orangepim:OF1::believeit:Elway::bronxrox:

Broncomania and the American spirit is only poisoned by those who believe it to be so.....

Releasing judgment of another is actually releasing judgment of yourself. Your need to put others into categories defines you, not them. When you stop doing this, you have forgiven yourself for whatever aspect of yourself you see in them.

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Heh. Exactly.

Really the Tebow/Manning switch is probably the biggest offseason Broncos news since John decided to hang em up 13 years ago. But instead I'm supposed to be talking about how excited I am to have another Gronk on the roster to cut this preseason or whether some Carolina Panther can figure out how to be a decent human being. :)

alkemical
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
OH MY GOD

qft

baja
05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
OrangeMane weekend tradition! It's a blast and captures the true spirit of the community.

:haw!::orangepim:OF1::believeit:Elway::bronxrox:

Broncomania and the American spirit is only poisoned by those who believe it to be so.....

Releasing judgment of another is actually releasing judgment of yourself. Your need to put others into categories defines you, not them. When you stop doing this, you have forgiven yourself for whatever aspect of yourself you see in them.

would this apply to yourself as well? Should I post your rep comments?

Blueflame
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
No, you clearly stated two completely different things. I didn't have to add any spin. Also, Jerry Rice? So you want to put people like Lloyd, Decker, DT Royal, Willis etc in the same sentence? I'll give you two names of WR who were not all about their stats, Rod Smith, Edie Mac. Now granted, these guys didn't have the current Tebow throwing to them, but Rod Smith esp, was a WR who didn't care about stats, but just wanted to do what he was asked to do to keep a spot on the roster. (His words btw)

You see Blue, there are players out there who just really love the game for what it is. There are more of these types of guys than there are your Jerry Rice, T. Owens, Randy Moss, etc.

But anyway, this is a stupid discussion now. So I'm just going to leave it at that. It's nothing more than a back and forth with no ending.

Then by mutual agreement, you & I can move on to "our WRs + Manning" rather than useless haranguing over the past. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how that turns out (and I know you are too).

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Then by mutual agreement, you & I can move on to "our WRs + Manning" rather than useless haranguing over the past. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how that turns out (and I know you are too).

Fine by me. I look back over this thread and wonder just what in the hell we are trying to argue here. Perhaps maybe moving this thread somewhere else would be a good idea?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Fine by me. I look back over this thread and wonder just what in the hell we are trying to argue here. Perhaps maybe moving this thread somewhere else would be a good idea?

Ha! If we all agreed it would look like vanilla in here.

GreatBronco16
05-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Ha! If we all agreed it would look like vanilla in here.

Sorry but I can't agree with that.:giggle:

errand
05-30-2012, 08:41 PM

and deservedly so....making Peyton hand off or run the option is about as stupid as having Barry bonds bunt....

No, you're missing the point...our QB's lack of prowess in the passing game is why the gameplan was so bland last season....But please keep trying to defelect the root of the problem onto the coaching staff and the WR's, and keep ignoring the gushing, glowing reports of how happy our WR's are since Manning signed.

in bold

errand
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
In the meantime I've been proven wrong.

..well that's par for the course.

errand
05-30-2012, 08:50 PM

Well name us another QB not named Tebow that ran a rudimentary limited passing attack?

Dalton was rookie...but because he showed he could makes most of his throws accurately he was allowed to throw the ball 20-30 times per game consistently...ditto for Ponder...and Newton. The Broncos looked like the '72-'73 Dolphins in the SB games where Bob Griese attempted only 18 passes in both SB's combined

errand
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM

Kyle Orton > Tim Tebow

which brings us to

Hilarious!

When it comes to throwing an accurate pass consistently?

Regardless of how their careers end up....some guys have stronger arms than others....some guys are better runners than others....some guys are more accurate than others....some guys read defenses better than others.

Saying Orton threw a more accurate pass doesn't equal saying he shouldn't have been benched. Nobody throws harder than Cutler....but it doesn't mean he's better than rodgers, brees, brady or either manning...it just means he throws harder than they do. Just as Orton consistently throws a more accurate pass than Tebow does....then again who doesn't?

errand
05-30-2012, 09:20 PM
So True or False

Well since most of you clowns said we'd go 8-8 with Orton...and 8-8 is what we ended up with, and we did win the division...the answer is yes.

All kidding aside you don't know if we wouldn't have anymore than i know we would have. Sure Tebow helped us win 7 of 8 at one point...but he also went 0-3 down the stretch....so he showed he too was capable of ****ting the bed just as much as Kyle did....and keep in mind we won 6 in a row with kyle before, so it is possible we could've done it again...who knows?

Let's for arguments sake say we get blown out by NE, GB, and Detroit regardless of who started the game....they're just that much better than we are.

Do you really think we only only score 3 points with Orton as our starter vs KC?

Do you honestly think we'd have trailed Miami 15-0 with 4 minutes to go if Orton started that game?

Do you honestly think we trail the Bears 10-0 with a few minutes left if Orton started?

Do you honestly think we don't score more than 17 vs. Jets when the defense and ST's set us up at or near midfield virtually all game if Orton plays? He completes 2-3 dink/dunk passes and we're inside Prater's range....guaranteed.

Sure you can argue that Orton doesn't pull those close games out....but one could also argue that we aren't even trailing the dolphins, Jets, Chargers, or Bears with a few minutes left where a miracle comeback is needed had Orton started...and he definitely wouldn't have lost a home game this year where our defense held an opponent to 7 measly points....if you don't believe me , look up the box score for the final regular season home game

errand
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM

A lack of reps can arguably hinder a QB's development...but was it intentional by the coaching staff to sabotage the QB as one side of the argument has claimed? Or was it because they saw that he wasn't very good at throwing and decided they would just play to his strengths?

errand
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Kind of ironic, cuz your boy Timmy was 6-22 for 60 yards and evidamndently 0 TD's and an INT and fumble lost vs Kyle this past season

BroncoBeavis
05-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

That's got to be some kind of record.

Missouribronc
05-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

Tell us about how great Tebow is.

baja
05-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Well since most of you clowns said we'd go 8-8 with Orton...and 8-8 is what we ended up with, and we did win the division...the answer is yes.

All kidding aside you don't know if we wouldn't have anymore than i know we would have. Sure Tebow helped us win 7 of 8 at one point...but he also went 0-3 down the stretch....so he showed he too was capable of ****ting the bed just as much as Kyle did....and keep in mind we won 6 in a row with kyle before, so it is possible we could've done it again...who knows?

Let's for arguments sake say we get blown out by NE, GB, and Detroit regardless of who started the game....they're just that much better than we are.

Do you really think we only only score 3 points with Orton as our starter vs KC?

Do you honestly think we'd have trailed Miami 15-0 with 4 minutes to go if Orton started that game?

Do you honestly think we trail the Bears 10-0 with a few minutes left if Orton started?

Do you honestly think we don't score more than 17 vs. Jets when the defense and ST's set us up at or near midfield virtually all game if Orton plays? He completes 2-3 dink/dunk passes and we're inside Prater's range....guaranteed.

Sure you can argue that Orton doesn't pull those close games out....but one could also argue that we aren't even trailing the dolphins, Jets, Chargers, or Bears with a few minutes left where a miracle comeback is needed had Orton started...and he definitely wouldn't have lost a home game this year where our defense held an opponent to 7 measly points....if you don't believe me , look up the box score for the final regular season home game

I have suspected after going 1 - 4 with Orton, Elway started Tebow fully expecting to "Suck for Luck". You could see it in his body language when Tebow would pull one out of the fire, especially early on. If you read Elway's face it said Shiit Tebow you are not supposed to win. ;D

SoCalBronco
05-30-2012, 10:18 PM

I don't know about all around "great", but he was certainly exciting and there was a certain magic about him, too. His run was easily the most enjoyable time alot of fans have had in the post-Shanny era. He's got some serious flaws, but I wish him well and hope for all the best for him. With more hard work, he will get better and better.

errand
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Wow, 7 iggys in a row.

Add in the 9 consecutive positive reps I got from 2 of those 7 and I guess you could say it was an enjoyable 7 post streak

broncocalijohn
05-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Add in the 9 consecutive positive reps I got from 2 of those 7 and I guess you could say it was an enjoyable 7 post streak

but then you lost the last 3 with neg rep. :strong:

Jay3
05-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Well name us another QB not named Tebow that ran a rudimentary limited passing attack?

Dalton was rookie...but because he showed he could makes most of his throws accurately he was allowed to throw the ball 20-30 times per game consistently...ditto for Ponder...and Newton. The Broncos looked like the '72-'73 Dolphins in the SB games where Bob Griese attempted only 18 passes in both SB's combined

It was virtually the same passing attack the Broncos have had for years, installed under Josh McD. I know people like you think the Broncos installed a new passing offense in two days of practice, but that's not what happened. It's not possible, and McCoy repeatedly said that the basic offense (particularly the passing plays) were the same.

Secondly, it is a fact that Newton and Dalton ran a slimmed down playbook, because they were rookies and there was a lockout. There has been much commentary about how the lockout may have forced the OC's to do what they should do with rookies anyway -- simplify, reduce the number of words and calls, and build gradually.

Jay3
05-31-2012, 06:37 AM

Great size, great quickness, great play-making instincts. Great NFL arm. Great attitude, great work ethic. Great desire to win and compete for 60 minutes. Great calm under pressure.

He'll continue to improve his footwork. His arm motion will become at least as compact as Kerry Collins'.

He'll end up a franchise quarterback.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Great size, great quickness, great play-making instincts. Great NFL arm. Great attitude, great work ethic. Great desire to win and compete for 60 minutes. Great calm under pressure.

He'll continue to improve his footwork. His arm motion will become at least as compact as Kerry Collins'.

Where did you buy your crystal ball? I've been thinking of picking one up.

lolcopter
05-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Can this be moved to other teams subforum or something because this is ridiculous

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 07:31 AM

Odd then that, when given the opportunity to sign said "franchise quarterback" this past offseason, not one team was willing to give up anything better than the crap low round picks we got for him. And the one team that did sign him has zero interest in making him their QB.

bronco militia
05-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Can this be moved to other teams subforum or something because this is ridiculous

whats wrong with one Tebow thread?

;D

BroncoBeavis
05-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by errand

but then you lost the last 3 with neg rep. :strong:

It's just good to see his necrologically challenged wife is back to posting again. Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
I love that the Pittsburgh Steelers lost because they were playing a Cover-0 prevent.

peacepipe
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Odd then that, when given the opportunity to sign said "franchise quarterback" this past offseason, not one team was willing to give up anything better than the crap low round picks we got for him. And the one team that did sign him has zero interest in making him their QB.

you gotta understand,noone knows football like jay3. NFl teams/coaches are all idiots. Jay3 likes to sit behind a computer,as opposed to turning in a resume to an NFL team.

BroncoBeavis
05-31-2012, 08:52 AM
you gotta understand,noone knows football like jay3. NFl teams/coaches are all idiots. Jay3 likes to sit behind a computer,as opposed to turning in a resume to an NFL team.

Yeah, and all those teams the Broncos beat shouldda just listened to Defensive Coordinator Peacepipe, so the TeBroncos would've ended 4-12 and you'd be totally internetz message-board-validated.

If's and But's.

Drek
05-31-2012, 08:54 AM

1. Same could be said for Steve Young.

2. The Jets let their freshly signed #2 QB go for nothing when they added Tebow, clearly making him Mark Sanchez' competition.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 09:05 AM

2. The Jets let their freshly signed #2 QB go for nothing when they added Tebow, clearly making him Mark Sanchez' competition.

1. Great. In the entire history of the NFL, we have one comp who went on to have a great career.

2. Competition implies Tebow is getting equal snaps with the 1s in non-gimmick plays. That is clearly not the case. He's the #2, sure, so there's some element of "competition" if Sanchez really craps the bed during the season. But right now Sanchez is the clear #1 and Tebow is not even close to unseating him.

BroncoBeavis
05-31-2012, 09:07 AM
2. Competition implies Tebow is getting equal snaps with the 1s in non-gimmick plays. That is clearly not the case. He's the #2, sure, so there's some element of "competition" if Sanchez really craps the bed during the season. But right now Sanchez is the clear #1 and Tebow is not even close to unseating him.

Wow, the definition of "competition" sure has changed since last offseason. Hilarious!

baja
05-31-2012, 09:08 AM
So what ever happened to that guy Tim Tebow anyway? Any news?

Drek
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
1. Great. In the entire history of the NFL, we have one comp who went on to have a great career.

I could come up with many more, I just chose not to. Rich Gannon changed teams multiple times and was told he couldn't play QB in the NFL, needed to become a DB. He went to a Super Bowl and won a league MVP. Doug Flutie was ran out of the league, dominated the CFL, then returned and was a standout QB for a good while. Randall Cunningham's career saw some serious highs and lows, early on he was used in much the same way the Jets now plan to use Tebow. By the end of it he had one of the best seasons any NFL QB has ever had.

As I said, I could go on all day long about times when X player was told he didn't have what it took to play QB in the NFL, but through raw talent and hard work proved the doubters, then highly paid NFL execs, wrong.

Also, if the Jets didn't view Tebow as legitimate competition for Sanchez why did Drew Stanton immediately want out and why did the Jets so willingly comply? Sanchez has been put on notice and only a weak extension low on real money prevented this from being a full on lame duck season for him. Tebow is a serious threat to take his job by mid-season.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Also, if the Jets didn't view Tebow as legitimate competition for Sanchez why did Drew Stanton immediately want out and why did the Jets so willingly comply? Sanchez has been put on notice and only a weak extension low on real money prevented this from being a full on lame duck season for him. Tebow is a serious threat to take his job by mid-season.

We invested a lot more in Brock than the Jets did in Tebow. I guess Manning better start looking over his shoulder.

Drunk Monkey
05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know about all around "great", but he was certainly exciting and there was a certain magic about him, too. His run was easily the most enjoyable time alot of fans have had in the post-Shanny era. He's got some serious flaws, but I wish him well and hope for all the best for him. With more hard work, he will get better and better.

I enjoyed the McD run early on more. I actually thought we struck gold with our new young HC, found a hidden gem in Orton and were going to dominate for years to come. With Teebs it was exciting as hell but deep down (no matter how much I tried to lie to myself) I knew it was not a long term sustainable answer. It felt great having all the breaks go our way after the run we have had the past few years. But consistently blowing people out by 30 is where you need to be to contend for a Lombardi.

lolcopter
05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
... found a hidden gem in Orton ...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Drunk Monkey
05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

I know right

BroncoBeavis
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
I enjoyed the McD run early on more. I actually thought we struck gold with our new young HC, found a hidden gem in Orton and were going to dominate for years to come. With Teebs it was exciting as hell but deep down (no matter how much I tried to lie to myself) I knew it was not a long term sustainable answer. It felt great having all the breaks go our way after the run we have had the past few years. But consistently blowing people out by 30 is where you need to be to contend for a Lombardi.

And Exhibit A is the New York Giants?

Drunk Monkey
05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
And Exhibit A is the New York Giants?

A few things go different and the Giants aren't in the SB. A few things go different and the Pats win that game. Those things will always happen. The best chance to actually win a SB is to be in the conversation year in year out. To consistently be in the conversation you need more then lucky breaks to carry you.

DBroncos4life
05-31-2012, 10:04 AM

The Jets got a 6th round pick out of a guy that was on the team a week. I think they made out OK.

BroncoBeavis
A few things go different and the Giants aren't in the SB. A few things go different and the Pats win that game. Those things will always happen. The best chance to actually win a SB is to be in the conversation year in year out. To consistently be in the conversation you need more then lucky breaks to carry you.

The Ravens and Steelers are in the conversation every year, but they rarely blow people out.

The Niners weren't crushing teams, but probably would've gone to the dance had the Giants not caught a break or two (really who doesn't?)

Blowouts are more an indicator that a good offense is playing a poor defense. It's possible for that good offense to win a title, don't get me wrong. But it's just as likely (if not more so) for a great defensive team to do the same while rarely blowing any teams away on the scoreboard.

There's more than one way to skin a Lombardi.

maven
Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess some people cannot let go. Tebowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drek
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
We invested a lot more in Brock than the Jets did in Tebow. I guess Manning better start looking over his shoulder.

So by your standard Osweiler isn't the QB of the future here then, right? I mean, only spent a second on him and we aren't letting him compete now, so he's obviously just a stopgap right?

Again, how much did the 49ers invest in Steve Young? He ended up taking a Hall of Fame QB's job.

How much did the Bills invest in Flutie versus Rob Johnson? Who eventually took over there?

Who was Arizona more invested in, Warner or Leinart? Who QB'ed them in the Super Bowl?

Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives). The real value of an asset can often outstrip it's market value, or vice versa (look at the Facebook IPO compared to current market value, early market was too high, it has now begun correction).

When NFL players vote a guy to be a top 100 player in the league it is pretty hard to argue that he is only worth a 4th round pick and will never amount to anything. Players know how dynamic a talent Tebow is, the real question is what role and for what team he finds his niche.

Drek
05-31-2012, 10:29 AM
The Jets got a 6th round pick out of a guy that was on the team a week. I think they made out OK.

The Jets swapped a 7th for a 6th and ate Drew Stanton's $500K signing bonus. Calling that a wash for the Jets when said $500K bonus could have signed two UDFAs of comparable talent to the guys available in the 6th and 7th rounds is being generous.

peacepipe
05-31-2012, 10:30 AM
So by your standard Osweiler isn't the QB of the future here then, right? I mean, only spent a second on him and we aren't letting him compete now, so he's obviously just a stopgap right?

Again, how much did the 49ers invest in Steve Young? He ended up taking a Hall of Fame QB's job.

How much did the Bills invest in Flutie versus Rob Johnson? Who eventually took over there?

Who was Arizona more invested in, Warner or Leinart? Who QB'ed them in the Super Bowl?

Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives). The real value of an asset can often outstrip it's market value, or vice versa (look at the Facebook IPO compared to current market value, early market was too high, it has now begun correction).

When NFL players vote a guy to be a top 100 player in the league it is pretty hard to argue that he is only worth a 4th round pick and will never amount to anything. Players know how dynamic a talent Tebow is, the real question is what role and for what team he finds his niche.the market for tebow was destroyed by what teams saw on the field from tebow.

BABronco
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow, the definition of "competition" sure has changed since last offseason. Hilarious!

Lol. Right. This place is hilarious. Cutler sux he isnt plummer and doesnt have the beard. Oh wait cutler is starting. Cutler is AWESOME. Oh wait we traded cutler? **** that guy. This orton guy is okay...wait now he sucks. Too bad we don't have a qb to compete. Oh wait who is this tebow guy? He suck an will nv see the field. Oh wait... he's on the field and were winning. Too bad he is a horrible passer and leader and will nv accomplish anything in nfl. Oh wait... were in the playoffs!!! Woo. Too bad we are playing the best run d an that's all tebow can do? We are dooooommmmeeddd. Oh wait this kid can throw too!! Yay first playoff win in 7 yrs. This guy is awesome. Oh wait we traded him? **** that guy he was a pos.

Same goes in political forum here. Mccain is awesome.. **** that guy. Santorum is awesome... **** that guy. Romney is awesome because he isn't obama. Obama is awesome cause he has a d next to his name.

This place is a joke cause most everyone here is do not question the front office... do no question the establishment.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 10:57 AM

Now you're on a different argument (current competition vs potential distant future starter). Let's try to stick with one at a time.

So Young was taking snaps on the punt team after SF signed him?

Same here.

Same here.

Price is set by the market. The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives).

No. As was pointed out above, his performance and how it translated to other team's systems killed his market.

If so much as two teams wanted him to be their starting QB, then the market would've been exponentially stronger and would've resulted in a bidding war. That didn't happen. Nobody was willing to call him a starting QB.

When NFL players vote a guy to be a top 100 player in the league it is pretty hard to argue that he is only worth a 4th round pick and will never amount to anything. Players know how dynamic a talent Tebow is, the real question is what role and for what team he finds his niche.

Big difference between being named a top 100 player and being named a top 10 QB. We're arguing his potential as a franchise QB in this league. Right now, all 32 teams in the league prefer the QB they already have on their rosters to him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
I've sent my resume a couple times over the last 5 years for the GM position. I really thought they would take a long look at it. They never gave me a response. So I FedExed a turd to them.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
This place is a joke cause most everyone here is do not question the front office... do no question the establishment.

1. If this place is such a joke to you, then leave. Nobody's forcing you to post here.

2. This statement couldn't be more false. PRETTY MUCH ALL WE DO HERE is question and find fault with the decisions Bowlen and Co. make.

Name one decision this board was 100% in agreement with.

DBroncos4life
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Lol. Right. This place is hilarious. Cutler sux he isnt plummer and doesnt have the beard. Oh wait cutler is starting. Cutler is AWESOME. Oh wait we traded cutler? **** that guy. This orton guy is okay...wait now he sucks. Too bad we don't have a qb to compete. Oh wait who is this tebow guy? He suck an will nv see the field. Oh wait... he's on the field and were winning. Too bad he is a horrible passer and leader and will nv accomplish anything in nfl. Oh wait... were in the playoffs!!! Woo. Too bad we are playing the best run d an that's all tebow can do? We are dooooommmmeeddd. Oh wait this kid can throw too!! Yay first playoff win in 7 yrs. This guy is awesome. Oh wait we traded him? **** that guy he was a pos.

Same goes in political forum here. Mccain is awesome.. **** that guy. Santorum is awesome... **** that guy. Romney is awesome because he isn't obama. Obama is awesome cause he has a d next to his name.

Yeah this would be right if a ton of people didn't hate Tebow while he was starting. This didn't just start when Denver traded him lol.

baja
05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
1. If this place is such a joke to you, then leave. Nobody's forcing you to post here.

2. This statement couldn't be more false. PRETTY MUCH ALL WE DO HERE is question and find fault with the decisions Bowlen and Co. make.

That you never should have been banned. ;D

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
That you never should have been banned. ;D

Nice......though Old Dude said afterwards that he had no regrets and would do it again.

baja
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Nice......though Old Dude said afterwards that he had no regrets and would do it again.

What else could he say. I bet he knows that was over the top.

BABronco
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM

1. I come here cause I'm a bronco fan and somehow this is the best broncos board.

2. Not many seem to question too much. Just go team go.

Not one that I can think of. But god forbid if someone says anything the hardcore posters say.

bronco militia
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM

LOL

what

orangemane=Thunderdome

bronco militia
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
search the poster lonestar...that guy hates everything good about the Broncos during the Shanny era.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 01:58 PM
search the poster lonestar...that guy hates everything good about the Broncos during the Shanny era.

He hates me too

bronco militia
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
He hates me too

well yeah...who doesn't

:wave:

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
well yeah...who doesn't

:wave:

I see what you did here. Ha!

DBroncos4life
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM
1. I come here cause I'm a bronco fan and somehow this is the best broncos board.

2. Not many seem to question too much. Just go team go.

Not one that I can think of. But god forbid if someone says anything the hardcore posters say.

You must not be around the first hour of FA or draft day.

CEH
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Young was drafted #1 overall all in the USFL . Marino was also drafted #1 overall by the USFL by LA Express. Whoever was running that team knew QBs

Young was traded for a 2nd and a 4th

Shananahan
05-31-2012, 05:48 PM
The market for Tebow was destroyed by the polarizing nature of Tebow's skill set among scouts and by the Broncos own poor handling of the situation (making it clear he was getting traded or cut, no other alternatives).
No. As was pointed out above, his performance and how it translated to other team's systems killed his market.
I semi-agree/disagree. I honestly don't think Tebow's performance on the field destroyed his value as much as people like to believe. He was seen by almost everybody as a project, including Denver, and logically would be viewed by whoever was trading for him as such. I think Drek is correct, though, in that Denver really squandered much of the value he could have given them by making it blatantly clear to the rest of the league he was out the door.

It's obvious nobody was going to be trading for him to be the starting QB, so it's silly for people to keep bringing that up. That said, I still believe the main detriment to value is the circus that surrounds him and the noise the media creates because of him. Without that nonsense I think he'd have garnered much more on the market, even as a backup/project/role player/QBOTF.

This is all pretty pointless to post about, though, because without the circus the guy would have never been traded in the first place.

R-Mac
05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
First of all, McDaniels should have never drafted Tebow since he decided to have Orton as his QB instead of Cutler. It was his job to win with Orton. And McDaniels had just made a trade for Brady Quinn, a former 1st round pick that did not get much playing time in Cleveland. The Broncos did not need another QB, especially a project like Tebow. McDaniels should have surrounded Orton with better weapons instead of bringing an unnecessary controversy fueled by religious fanatics. And Quinn, the guy that came to work as a backup and eventually compete for the starting job, was completely sabotaged, thrown out of the equation.

And this post is coming from someone who supported Tebow - as a player, not as a religious idol - once he became a Bronco. But that draft choice did not make any sense. Elway could not get ideal value for Tebow because he did not show any patience. The whole NFL knew Elway just wanted to get rid of Tebow as soon as possible. There was no hard stance to wait for proper compensation.

DENVERDUI55
05-31-2012, 07:52 PM

Young was traded for a 2 and a 4.

oubronco
05-31-2012, 07:54 PM
First of all, McDaniels should have never drafted Tebow since he decided to have Orton as his QB instead of Cutler. It was his job to win with Orton. And McDaniels had just made a trade for Brady Quinn, a former 1st round pick that did not get much playing time in Cleveland. The Broncos did not need another QB, especially a project like Tebow. McDaniels should have surrounded Orton with better weapons instead of bringing an unnecessary controversy fueled by religious fanatics. And Quinn, the guy that came to work as a backup and eventually compete for the starting job, was completely sabotaged, thrown out of the equation.

And this post is coming from someone who supported Tebow - as a player, not as a religious idol - once he became a Bronco. But that draft choice did not make any sense. Elway could not get ideal value for Tebow because he did not show any patience. The whole NFL knew Elway just wanted to get rid of Tebow as soon as possible. There was no hard stance to wait for proper compensation.

Or noone thought he was worth more than a 4th rd pick :ouwknow:

R-Mac
05-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Or noone thought he was worth more than a 4th rd pick :ouwknow:

I'd say it's even surprising that someone offered a 4th round pick when Elway was not willing to keep Tebow on the roster. The trade value went down the drain. And apparently the Jaguars tried to match the Jets' offer. If a team had offered just a 7th round pick, what would Elway do? Keep Tebow during OTAs and wait for a better offer? I don't think so. The Broncos wanted to get something done in a hurry, so a 4th round pick was even a positive surprise.

Jay3
05-31-2012, 08:55 PM

Why do you come to a discussion forum if you all you want to hear is what an NFL team is doing? The whole assumption of a board like this existing is that people have their opinions.

I thought Kyle Orton didn't have it. Two different NFL teams have given him the keys. I didn't let that stop me from having an opinion.

Josh McDaniel was an NFL coach -- apparently you think he made some idiotic judgments. That's okay -- its good to have an opinion.

There are surprises all the time in this league. That's what makes it fun.

vanbrugh
06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
We just let a playmaker walk once more.....

Please explain or is just the circus?

DomCasual
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
When did this happen?

vanbrugh
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Why we just let a playmaker walk once more.....

Please explain or is it just the circus thing?

DomCasual
06-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Why we just let a playmaker walk once more.....

Please explain or is it just the circus thing?

When did this happen?

Beantown Bronco
Hmmmmm. We've never discussed this on the Mane. You should probably create a new thread about it.

Tombstone RJ
You're too stupid to understand...

DomCasual
Hmmmmm. We've never discussed this on the Mane. You should probably create a new thread about it.

Or two.

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I like where this thread is going... again.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
150 posts in three years.....you should go back to just lurking. You're better at that.

DomCasual
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
150 posts in three years.....you should go back to just lurking. You're better at that.

Oh, don't be unkind.

Let's talk about this Tebow thing.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd rather talk about the circus he mentioned. I like cotton candy.

55CrushEm
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
circuses are fun... but clowns are scary.

DarkHorse30
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Did he say playmaker or gaymaker?

55CrushEm
circuses are fun... but clowns are scary.

Agreed.

baja

Watch it buddy or do you want to be banned agin.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Answers are littered in the tebow sucks thread. Punishment for making this thread is required reading of every single post in that thread.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Who is this Tebow character the OP is on about?

vanbrugh
Playmakers are hard to find in this league and we just swapped a proven weapon for a couple of late picks. I guess what i'm asking is why the hell not keep him around?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Answers are littered in the tebow sucks thread. Punishment for making this thread is required reading of every single post in that thread.

And reading MacGruber's posts twice.

And reading BroncoBevis' posts three times.

You poor, poor soul.

canadianbroncosfan
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
We just let a playmaker walk once more.....

Please explain or is just the circus?

The thing I don`t get is why you`re creating a thread about this 3 months after the fact????

baja
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM
elway was afraid he would break all hi records - did you not hear this?

vanbrugh
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Could Tebow be productive next year that's that question?

Drunk Monkey
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
http://www.deadlantern.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/facepalm.jpg

orange crusher
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
This is an interesting topic. I wonder who there hasn't been a thread about this.

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Playmakers are hard to find in this league and we just swapped a proven weapon for a couple of late picks. I guess what i'm asking is why the hell not keep him around?

wow!

this needs to be discussed. again.

GreatBronco16
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Wait a minute. June 1st, and we just cut Tebow?

Oh hell no. I'm about to start a million fan march on the Bronco capital. Ok, who's with me here?

oubronco
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Cause Tebow sucks

canadianbroncosfan
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Could Tebow be productive next year that's that question?

And it's been asked, several times. Go back and look at any thread created March 19th

vanbrugh
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I have to say in no way is he a QB but why when are told how much the coaching staff adapt to talent use him....

canadianbroncosfan
06-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Wait a minute. June 1st, and we just cut Tebow?

Oh hell no. I'm about to start a million fan match on the Bronco capital. Ok, who's with me here?

Sign me up coach

Bacchus
Is this what usually turns into a food thread? I love those!!!!

Tombstone RJ
Cause Tebow sucks

shut your dirty whore mouth!

oubronco
I think we need more billboards

Drunk Monkey
06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Can we get a mod to give us a merge up in here? I thought we all agreed on a max of 1 Tebow thread on the main page at a time.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I have to say in no way is he a QB but why when are told how much the coaching staff adapt to talent use him....

This must read better in English.

orange crusher
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM

What???

razorwire77
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Onward personal punt protectors, marching as to war!!!

DomCasual

I totally agree.

baja

Post more you could use the practice.

orange crusher

Whew, I thought maybe it was just me.

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Whew, I thought maybe it was just me.

maybe it is...

baja
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM

are you related to the cookie monster girl?

Oops meant to quote the thread maker

UberBroncoMan
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
A Tebow is a brand of dog bones right?

baja
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
A Tebow is a brand of dog bones right?

No silly, it's a type of tie knot

orange crusher
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
maybe it is...

I'm a little slow today. It took me a while to figure out it was one of those puzzles where you have to unscramble the words. That was pretty clever of him.

Miss I.
06-01-2012, 03:36 PM
No silly, it's a type of tie knot

don't be ridiculous. it's clearly a big slab of meat...you know a tebow steak.

maven
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm glad the Tebow trash is all in one thread. Carry on tebow nuthuggers.

Miss I.
06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm glad the Tebow trash is all in one thread. Carry on tebow nuthuggers.

who hugs nuts anyway? wouldn't that be painful for the poor bastard whose nuts are being squished?

baja
06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
don't be ridiculous. it's clearly a big slab of meat...you know a tebow steak.

No pumpkin, everyone knows it a reverent posture also know as a genuflection.

Miss I.
06-01-2012, 03:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdcANS20ZDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here, ya go, I know you guys miss him and this is a lovely devotional from the kids from Glee...GB2 ...this one's for you Maven...

broncocalijohn
06-01-2012, 05:06 PM

Im going to say your comma key is not working or you are mimicking dan the broncos fan.

maven
06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
who hugs nuts anyway? wouldn't that be painful for the poor bastard whose nuts are being squished?

Good point missy.

I will say my women do. They lay by my nuts and cannot stop luvin them. And then I inject them.

Butterscotch Stallion
06-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Good point missy.

I will say my women do. They lay by my nuts and cannot stop luvin them. And then I inject them.

Then you run and hide for three months when they mention playoff chokes?

errand
06-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Then you run and hide for three months when they mention playoff chokes?

I'm curious.....

Did our QB choke in our 2011 season playoff loss to new england.....or did he get beat by a team that played better than us?

CEH
06-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm curious.....

Did our QB choke in our 2011 season playoff loss to new england.....or did he get beat by a team that played better than us?

I'd say he choked in the last game of the year not being able to score more than 3 points and fumbling on the 10 yard line and needing Phillip Rivers to step up and beat the Raiders so they could back in

oubronco
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
The Jets have insisted that there is no quarterback competition between Mark Sanchez (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez) and Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow).

Thursday’s practice backed up that assertion. The session was open to the media, which, as we learned last week, means that there will be painstaking breakdowns of every throw by both of the quarterbacks. A look at the report provided by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reveals Tebow didn’t get a lot of chances (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/05/breakdown-of-mark-sanchez-and-tim-tebow-during-second-week-of-jets-otas) this week.

He attempted just four passes during eight snaps of the 11-on-11 portion of practice and completed just one of them

http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=k0brym0bmsxp33bxbpwi74lh0m54w&id2=2teqw2qdlnktkzhjo6lslnleawryx&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=bgvspxjienuagzyhbbukyywwmziwbpd&tid=3.KU0.BZh5QQ.ClQE.NbgC..V8A2.b..l.Aprx.a.T8kOV Q.T8kOVQ.TBuHpw

Shananahan
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm very much looking forward to being able to view the circus as a spectator this season.

stopgap
06-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Beavis still won't let it go huh? lol

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm curious.....

is this a serious question?

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
The Jets have insisted that there is no quarterback competition between Mark Sanchez (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez) and Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow).

Thursday’s practice backed up that assertion. The session was open to the media, which, as we learned last week, means that there will be painstaking breakdowns of every throw by both of the quarterbacks. A look at the report provided by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reveals Tebow didn’t get a lot of chances (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/05/breakdown-of-mark-sanchez-and-tim-tebow-during-second-week-of-jets-otas) this week.

He attempted just four passes during eight snaps of the 11-on-11 portion of practice and completed just one of them

http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=k0brym0bmsxp33bxbpwi74lh0m54w&id2=2teqw2qdlnktkzhjo6lslnleawryx&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=bgvspxjienuagzyhbbukyywwmziwbpd&tid=3.KU0.BZh5QQ.ClQE.NbgC..V8A2.b..l.Aprx.a.T8kOV Q.T8kOVQ.TBuHpw

Hey...some guys just like to lose. look at this forum the past year.

peacepipe
06-05-2012, 10:49 AM

we just don't like seeing our favorite team wasting time on an obvious bust at QB.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-05-2012, 11:09 AM

And some guys just like to obsess and not let go as the world passes them by. Look at you, any day of the week.

razorwire77
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM
It's going to be really fun to watch the circus after Sanchez has a couple 13-27-167 yard 2 INT games though.

Drunk Monkey
06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm very much looking forward to being able to view the circus as a spectator this season.

Me too, it's going to be fun viewing that one from the sideline.

Blueflame
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Me too, it's going to be fun viewing that one from the sideline.

It's going to be entertaining to watch the circus at work dividing... at every level... a franchise I don't particularly like.

Shananahan
06-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Does that mean you're finally rooting for Tebow?

Doggcow
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
It's going to be entertaining to watch the circus at work dividing... at every level... a franchise I don't particularly like.

I'm excited to see it. It'll be great in NY

Blueflame
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Does that mean you're finally rooting for Tebow?

I don't particularly like the Jest... and am completely, totally indifferent to anything that happens to that team. I don't care whether they start Sanchez or start Tebow and I don't care whether they win or lose any or all of their football games. I'll root for them when they play the Pats. Good enough? :P :~ohyah!:

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 03:47 PM
we just don't like seeing our favorite team wasting time on an obvious bust at QB.

since you can see into the future, why not use that power for good? Maybe you can cure cancer or at least not be a total ****tard?

Just some friendly advice, toodles!

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
And some guys just like to obsess and not let go as the world passes them by. Look at you, any day of the week.

Remember, you are not allowed to talk about football. Your argument is forever invalid "best chance to win".

You are done here. Go to the gardening thread.

peacepipe
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
since you can see into the future, why not use that power for good? Maybe you can cure cancer or at least not be a total ****tard?

Just some friendly advice, toodles!I can't see the future but considering I've been calling teblow a bust since he was drafted, I may have an unkown talent.
But what I can see,is what is in front of me. I said he was going to be a bust when he was still at florida,I didn't know how bad he would be, that he would make alex smith look like a joe montana.
wan't it Elway who said if teblow were to succeed as a QB he would have to improve on completion % & 3rd down %? look up teblows stats,he never showed any improvement.

errand
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Just some friendly advice, toodles!

I thought Tebow's tears cured cancer? Not sure how seeing into the future can cure cancer, but...whatever

As for seeing into the future, you're the one saying Tebow is going to be the one who revolutionalizes the QB position....but I will say he'll revolutionalize the punt protector position.

DontBeMessin
06-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Jets suck - Tebow sucks... Which makes the Jets suck MORE!!!

broncocalijohn
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Jets suck - Tebow sucks... Which makes the Jets suck MORE!!!

Yet he would most likely improve your ****ty team. Don't try to get on our good side. You fail all the time.

DontBeMessin
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Yet he would most likely improve your ****ty team. Don't try to get on our good side. You fail all the time.

No he would not improve our team that went 8-8 (just like your ****ty team)... On your good side? YOU'RE A BRONCO FAN!!!

WHAT SIDE IS THAT?!?!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Remember, you are not allowed to talk about football. Your argument is forever invalid "best chance to win".

You are done here. Go to the gardening thread.

Says the guy who can't let go of a player who's been gone for months and thought what Tebow did here was "quarterbacking."

Sorry dumbass. Your stupidity level is dangerously high. Step away from the keyboard.

DontBeMessin
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Says the guy who can't let go of a player who's been gone for months and thought what Tebow did here was "quarterbacking."

Sorry dumbass. Your stupidity level is dangerously high. Step away from the keyboard.

Wow - do you own the "One Ring" that rules them all or something and that is why you get a free pass to personally attack other members?

I mean what do you do when it's one of your own breaking the rules?

Drunk Monkey
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow - do you own the "One Ring" that rules them all or something and that is why you get a free pass to personally attack other members?

I mean what do you do when it's one of your own breaking the rules?

**** off Raider, troll elsewhere.

glenwillett
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
We really need to move on from this collectively...

We have a guy who is going to break every career passing record ever on our team now and Tim Tebow is taking snaps as the "special protector" in the Jets punting package.

He's their problem now. He gave us some great times (I'll never forget where I was during the Steelers play in OT or experiencing Tebowmania live at Qualcomm Stadium) but this team is on its way to bigger things now.

razorwire77
06-05-2012, 08:50 PM
We really need to move on from this collectively...

We have a guy who is going to break every career passing record ever on our team now and Tim Tebow is taking snaps as the "special protector" in the Jets punting package.

He's their problem now. He gave us some great times (I'll never forget where I was during the Steelers play in OT or experiencing Tebowmania live at Qualcomm Stadium) but this team is on its way to bigger things now.

Good luck with that. People are still butt-hurt about Jay Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a Craig Morton hugger lurking around somewhere.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Lmao at the Morton lurker reference.

19Morton77
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Good luck with that. People are still butt-hurt about Jay Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a Craig Morton hugger lurking around somewhere.

Hey, go **** yourself :)

razorwire77
06-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey, go **** yourself :)

Outstanding!