PDA

View Full Version : tebow sucks

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Or the torching of Pittsburgh? So what's your answer, Caleb Hanie or Tim Tebow?

I'll take Peyton Manning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Really, you think Peyton Manning couldn't have held down the starting job?

I just disagree with that. I think things would have settled down nicely.

The billboard was put up by a local business wanting attention, but you knew that.

Do you think the fans at the stadium were Tebow fans that will be gone, or isnt' it more likely those were Broncos ticket holders?

Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.

Oh, I think Manning would have held the job without issue. he's Peyton ****ing Manning.

It's hearing about it every day that we can do without. "NURRRR WHY DON'T YEW PUT IN TIIMMMMMMMM!MM!???!??!??!" Think it wouldn't happen? First home game interception, you really think it wouldn't happen?

Yep, that billboard was put up by a business. Not the one soliciting donations to do so. That was fans. There were two instances, and only one of them went up.

I think they were Bronco ticket holders. But if you think they wouldn't holler for Tebow -- even with Manning under center if he struggles -- you're delusional.

I saw fans chanting for Tebow in the Raiders game last year after Eddie Royal dropped a pass that hit him directly in the hands. WR drops ball. Chant for QB. Got it.

I like Tim the person. I loved the run last year. The playoff win was a friggin' blast. But the Cult of Tebow is unreasonable.

Drek
05-25-2012, 06:33 AM
I understand your frustration Drek. But at the same time, with the exception of the Steelers game, we got curb stomped by every good team we played last year. And once again with the exception of the Steelers game it appeared teams had figured out Tebow and the Tebow offense. The Steelers game is an outlier aided by a very banged up team that didn't play well and had a stupid game plan for whatever reason. Reality set back in when we played the Pats. Elway and Fox didn't think the future of this team was playing Tebow style football, they didn't want to deal with the distractions that Tebow brought, and clearly a lot of the players weren't happy with the whole situation based on the comments numerous players have made. Hell even McGahee, who benefitted greatly from Tebow, has made comments that indicate he's happier with the way things are now. I think the circus weighed on a lot of people last year.

Who would I rather have for one game? Tebow. But unfortunately the equation is a lot more complicated than that. The organization clearly viewed getting rid of Tebow to be a net positive. If we lose Manning for an extended period of time we're ****ed either way so let's hope we keep him upright and we won't need to think much about Tebow. Let them deal with the circus in NY.
1. Tebow was the most competitive aspect of our team in the regular season match up with New England. He had the offense rolling but the defense couldn't stop **** and McGahee (or was it Ball?) fumbled on a key drive in the second quarter. Capped off by Quan Cosby giving up another possession and 3 points to the Pats.

2. In the playoff game against New England our defense got ran off the damn field and our OL was completely unprepared. That game was a massive coaching failure, oddly enough right before both of our coordinators went for interviews with other teams.

3. The only games Tebow started where you can make a legitimate argument that his play lost the game for us was Buffalo (though the defense was already getting lit up before Tebow started turning the ball over) and Kansas City (where neither team could get any offense going).

4. I'm not arguing that the Broncos should have kept Tebow as the starter with Manning willing to come here. What I'm arguing is that the team suffered a net downgrade by replacing Tebow with Hanie when Tebow was obviously willing to work in a backup role and in special packages (like he now does for the Jets).

Right now there is no reason to think this team can win a single game if Manning gets hurt. Chicago had an elite defense and when they had to go with Hanie they turned into one of the worst teams in the entire league. Why do we think it'll be any different here?

A fear of Tebowmania is an excuse for b****es. A FO truly committed to doing everything needed to win a Super Bowl would have done the right thing, kept Tebow, incorporated him into our special teams, goal line, etc. packages, and knew that if Manning gets hurt they can roll the Tebow Cat offense back out and turn games into grind fests to keep competitive and salvage some W's while waiting on Manning.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Just seems like everybody's transferring a bunch of internet furor to real life -- I just don't see how "the fans" have any ability to make trouble. The real pressure cooker for the last two years was that the team was losing its ass under Kyle Orton.

I don't know, I used to think that way until the oddly negative comments about Tebow, either directly (like D. Thomas) or indirectly (like, most recently, McGahee) from numerous players. I just think Tebow's presence, and or the circus atmosphere and attention that came with his presence, weighed on a lot of players. Check out this comment from Woody Paige, involving Brian Dawkins, that went largely unnoticed last month:

Not only did the Broncos sign a pro and an all-pro (four times) in 2009, they brought in a captain (who organized workouts during the lockout) and, most people outside the organization don't realize it, a religious man who was responsible for making life easier for Tim Tebow when he came to the Broncos and again when he became the starting quarterback.

Dawkins prevented all the non- believers in the locker room from rebuking or ridiculing Tebow.

Read more: Woody Paige: Denver Broncos' draft still a guessing game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20464843/woody-paige-denver-broncos-draft-still-guessing-game#ixzz1vt8L58Aw
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I mean, seriously? Dawkins had to "protect" Tebow in the locker room? You just don't need that kind of sh*t going on within your organization, and I think a lot more was going on than we'll probably ever know about. And the Jets are about to find out all about it.

Drek
05-25-2012, 06:38 AM
I like Tim the person. I loved the run last year. The playoff win was a friggin' blast. But the Cult of Tebow is unreasonable.

And because of that you'd rather see the Broncos field a worse team instead of Elway and Fox fielding some but hurt Teboner questions?

Tebow wasn't named a top 100 player for 2012 by OTHER NFL PLAYERS for no reason. He's a play maker. This team still needs more play makers with the ball in their hands. Letting one go because it leads to inconvenient questions is not the right thing to do for the organization.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 06:39 AM
I saw fans chanting for Tebow in the Raiders game last year after Eddie Royal dropped a pass that hit him directly in the hands. WR drops ball. Chant for QB. Got it.

It would be the same way in Cleveland this year, but they've already indicated a desire to get Weeden in. Or anywhere else that has a questionable journeyman at quarterback.

I think people are latching onto this "circus" idea because, once again, Tebow is polarizing and forces our brains to just come to some sort of extreme position. The new mantra is "I like the fellow, but his circus is unbearable."

Because it's harder to hold a more nuanced thought in our brains, which is "I can't figure what to do with Tebow in my brain. The guy looks bad but good things seem to happen with an encouraging frequency."

I think his "fans" just want him to get the shot that any other quarterback of his caliber would get, and to stop all the nonsense of him not being an NFL caliber QB.

His footwork looked pretty good to me on video yesterday.

bronco militia
05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Still talking about the Jets backup are we?

:stirstir: :devil:

Jay3
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM
I mean, seriously? Dawkins had to "protect" Tebow in the locker room? You just don't need that kind of sh*t going on within your organization, and I think a lot more was going on than we'll probably ever know about. And the Jets are about to find out all about it.

So now Woody's the gospel, based on casual phrasing of Dawkin's positive presence? I don't think he means Dawkins was running around doing it as an official full time job. I think he means that Dawkins was every bit as religious as Tebow, and set a tone in the locker room that was not to be derisive about religious faith.

Seems like the Jets love the guy -- chanting Lolo at him yesterday was fine. Seemed to have been in good spirit.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Seems like the Jets love the guy --

This is how it mostly appeared on the surface in Denver, too. But behind the scenes there was clearly some resentment. Lots of egos to deal with and when the reporters run to Tebow after every game, and the national media focuses on him with almost every story, it starts rubbing people the wrong way. It's human nature. And in my opinion it's a distraction you don't need. And you particularly don't need it with a player you don't believe in, which appears to be the case with Elway, Fox, and probably other coaches and players as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 06:50 AM
And because of that you'd rather see the Broncos field a worse team instead of Elway and Fox fielding some but hurt Teboner questions?

Tebow wasn't named a top 100 player for 2012 by OTHER NFL PLAYERS for no reason. He's a play maker. This team still needs more play makers with the ball in their hands. Letting one go because it leads to inconvenient questions is not the right thing to do for the organization.

Yep, you nailed it. I'd rather see the Broncos be a worse team.

Come ON, Drek. You're making yourself out to be the perfect example of a Tebowner who will not let go. You used to be a very reasonable poster here, but you've lost your damn mind when it comes to the Jets' punt protector.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
So now Woody's the gospel, based on casual phrasing of Dawkin's positive presence? I don't think he means Dawkins was running around doing it as an official full time job. I think he means that Dawkins was every bit as religious as Tebow, and set a tone in the locker room that was not to be derisive about religious faith.

Seems like the Jets love the guy -- chanting Lolo at him yesterday was fine. Seemed to have been in good spirit.

You didn't think they were mocking him? Really?

Sure came off as mocking to a lot of people, myself included.

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 06:55 AM

Come ON, Drek. You're making yourself out to be the perfect example of a Tebowner who will not let go. You used to be a very reasonable poster here, but you've lost your damn mind when it comes to the Jets' punt protector.

Tebow has caused many a sane football fan to go off the deep end.

bronco militia
05-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Tebow has caused many a sane football fan to go off the deep end.

it's ok...I'm saving them a seat on the bandwagon

:welcome:

Drek
05-25-2012, 07:04 AM

No, I'm a Broncos fan who wants to see the FO put the best 53 man roster together every season.

I don't care where Tebow's career ends up in ten years if it means as a backup he wins the Broncos a title. I think he'll be successful in the NFL but I have no personal vestment in it. I only care about what he could do for the Broncos.

Lets play out the hypotheticals.

1. Manning gets hurt, misses 1-4 games. You send in Hanie you probably lose all of those games. You send in Tebow you can probably pick up half or better. So lets say we're 8-2 when Manning gets hurt and he's going to miss three games. Would you rather see Manning returning to a 8-5 team needing three strong outings to secure a playoff birth or a 9-4 at worse, but very likely a 10-3 team that has already locked up a playoff birth?

2. Its 3rd and goal on the one yard line. We need a touchdown. Who would you rather hand the ball to out of all our current RBs and Tebow? If you watched any of the 2011 Broncos that answer is obvious because Tebow was money like no one else when it came to finishing out red zone possessions.

3. Manning gets hurt week three and is done for the rest of his career. Do you put an obvious project in Osweiler on the field way too early, or do you let Caleb Hanie play us into a top 5 pick? With Tebow we likely could revert to the 2011 offense with a few new wrinkles and still grind away a solid season, very possibly another division title and playoff birth.

I just fail to see ANY scenario where the Broncos are more likely to win football games after exchanging Tebow for Hanie. All I care about is the Broncos winning meaningful football games. Tebow helps with that in any hypothetical you can draw up. So why in the world would you swap him for someone who does nothing but hurt you?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 07:05 AM
No, I'm a Broncos fan who wants to see the FO put the best 53 man roster together every season.

I don't care where Tebow's career ends up in ten years if it means as a backup he wins the Broncos a title. I think he'll be successful in the NFL but I have no personal vestment in it. I only care about what he could do for the Broncos.

Lets play out the hypotheticals.

1. Manning gets hurt, misses 1-4 games. You send in Hanie you probably lose all of those games. You send in Tebow you can probably pick up half or better. So lets say we're 8-2 when Manning gets hurt and he's going to miss three games. Would you rather see Manning returning to a 8-5 team needing three strong outings to secure a playoff birth or a 9-4 at worse, but very likely a 10-3 team that has already locked up a playoff birth?

2. Its 3rd and goal on the one yard line. We need a touchdown. Who would you rather hand the ball to out of all our current RBs and Tebow? If you watched any of the 2011 Broncos that answer is obvious because Tebow was money like no one else when it came to finishing out red zone possessions.

3. Manning gets hurt week three and is done for the rest of his career. Do you put an obvious project in Osweiler on the field way too early, or do you let Caleb Hanie play us into a top 5 pick? With Tebow we likely could revert to the 2011 offense with a few new wrinkles and still grind away a solid season, very possibly another division title and playoff birth.

I just fail to see ANY scenario where the Broncos are more likely to win football games after exchanging Tebow for Hanie. All I care about is the Broncos winning meaningful football games. Tebow helps with that in any hypothetical you can draw up. So why in the world would you swap him for someone who does nothing but hurt you?

Okay, man. Whatever you say.

We're all doomed because Tebow the Great Runslinger is no longer here. And all Tebow fans are sane and reasonable.

SMH.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 07:20 AM
But at the same time, with the exception of the Steelers game, we got curb stomped by every good team we played last year.

Sounds a lot like the 1998 Indianapolis Colts. Without the whole beating the defending AFC Champs in the playoffs part.

55CrushEm
05-25-2012, 07:37 AM

We're all doomed because Tebow the Great Runslinger is no longer here. And all Tebow fans are sane and reasonable.

SMH.

He's not saying we're doomed, butt munch. He's saying, with all other things being equal.....we're better off with Tebow as backup, than we are with Hanie as backup. That is all.

And he's right. You don't have to be a Tebow lover to figure that out. Love him or hate him....Tebow IS a better option than Hanie.

Drek
05-25-2012, 07:43 AM

SMH.

You're just completely incapable of having an honest discussion when it involves Tebow.

You spent the last two seasons hating on everything he did, including when he won this team it's first division title and playoff game since Jake Plummer was the QB.

Then after looking like an idiot over all those anti-Tebow rants you frame all that angst that made you look like a whiny bitch as a problem with "Tebow's fans", like anyone who really puts the Broncos first and foremost as a football fan gives a **** what some trailer park Florida pan handle meth cooker thinks about the Denver Broncos.

Now instead of actually discussing the merits of Tebow the FOOTBALL PLAYER you come into threads like this, avoid real football discussion like the black plague, and label other Bronco fans as "Tebow fans" while showing a complete unwillingness to take any rebuttals seriously by discounting everything with "WELL NOW WE GOTS MANNING!" bull****.

Newsflash: A lot of real die hard Broncos fans saw that Tebow has a unique level of very real FOOTBALL TALENT last season. All of those people are real happy to have Manning. None of them SHOULD be happy to have Caleb Hanie backing him up.

It was a dumb football move made by a front office that isn't secure in their own ability to manage this team's image. It has downgraded the quality of this roster in a very real way. Is it something that will ruin a season? Well that depends on how healthy Peyton Manning is. But its a BIG gamble for jack **** payoff.

So grow up and talk real football on a football forum. Stop trying to turn this into a "his fans are bullies!" little school yard sissy fight to hide the axe you've been grinding for the guy since the first day he became a Bronco.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 07:45 AM
You're just completely incapable of having an honest discussion when it involves Tebow.

You spent the last two seasons hating on everything he did, including when he won this team it's first division title and playoff game since Jake Plummer was the QB.

Then after looking like an idiot over all those anti-Tebow rants you frame all that angst that made you look like a whiny b**** as a problem with "Tebow's fans", like anyone who really puts the Broncos first and foremost as a football fan gives a **** what some trailer park Florida pan handle meth cooker thinks about the Denver Broncos.

Now instead of actually discussing the merits of Tebow the FOOTBALL PLAYER you come into threads like this, avoid real football discussion like the black plague, and label other Bronco fans as "Tebow fans" while showing a complete unwillingness to take any rebuttals seriously by discounting everything with "WELL NOW WE GOTS MANNING!" bull****.

Newsflash: A lot of real die hard Broncos fans saw that Tebow has a unique level of very real FOOTBALL TALENT last season. All of those people are real happy to have Manning. None of them SHOULD be happy to have Caleb Hanie backing him up.

It was a dumb football move made by a front office that isn't secure in their own ability to manage this team's image. It has downgraded the quality of this roster in a very real way. Is it something that will ruin a season? Well that depends on how healthy Peyton Manning is. But its a BIG gamble for jack **** payoff.

So grow up and talk real football on a football forum. Stop trying to turn this into a "his fans are bullies!" little school yard sissy fight to hide the axe you've been grinding for the guy since the first day he became a Bronco.

Oh please. PLEASE pull your head out of your ass.

Tebow's got a bright future. As a fullback. You've got a bright future as a Tebow biographer/sunshine blower.

I hope you enjoy your new fluffing career. Now wipe your chin.

Sad. You used to be one of my favorites here. But you have lost your goddamn (sorry, TEBOWdamn) mind.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Drek TKO's TEKO in the first round.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
He's not saying we're doomed, butt munch. He's saying, with all other things being equal.....we're better off with Tebow as backup, than we are with Hanie as backup. That is all.

And he's right. You don't have to be a Tebow lover to figure that out. Love him or hate him....Tebow IS a better option than Hanie.

I disagree. Having Tebow as a backup means having to change the entire offense to fit your backup should Manning go down. You go from running a pass first-offense to a run-first offense where the quarterback isn't accurate enough to pass. That's a massive shift.

Yeah, Hanie's been terrible. I don't disagree. I just don't see that keeping Tebow was a legitimate option for the Broncos, in part because of what he is (and more importantly what he ISN'T) on the football field, in part because his fans are stark raving lunatics.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Hanie goes into the season at #2.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Drek TKO's TEKO in the first round.

With his "but what if THIS happens? What if THAT happens?" garbage?

Yeah, sorry. Not so much.

Drek
05-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Oh please. PLEASE pull your head out of your ass.

Tebow's got a bright future. As a fullback. You've got a bright future as a Tebow biographer/sunshine blower.

I hope you enjoy your new fluffing career. Now wipe your chin.

Sad. You used to be one of my favorites here. But you have lost your goddamn (sorry, TEBOWdamn) mind.

More of this same ****?

Do you ever even try to make legitimate arguments? Do you understand the point of debate? Point v. counter-point rational discussion of an issue? Or do you just view the entire world as your own personal audience to rant your obtuse views on everything at, and when it comes to Tim Tebow this forum is your megaphone of choice?

Sure as **** feels like the later.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
With his "but what if THIS happens? What if THAT happens?" garbage?

Yeah, sorry. Not so much.

A thirteen year old getting his first reps in Lincoln-Douglas debate would wipe the floor with you in an argument. So Drek manhandling you doesn't come as a surprise.

(1) You are blatantly misrepresenting his arguments for having Tebow as the back-up over Hanie into something they completely aren't.

(2) You are incapable of making argumentation without trying to slap down Tebow supporters at the same time.

(3) Tim is gone, get over it and move on.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
A thirteen year old getting his first reps in Lincoln-Douglas debate would wipe the floor with you in an argument. So Drek manhandling you doesn't come as a surprise.

(1) You are blatantly misrepresenting his arguments for having Tebow as the back-up over Hanie into something they completely aren't.

(2) You are incapable of making argumentation without trying to slap down Tebow supporters at the same time.

(3) Tim is gone, get over it and move on.

Read and repeat number 3 to yourself over and over again. Quietly.

Drek
05-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I disagree. Having Tebow as a backup means having to change the entire offense to fit your backup should Manning go down. You go from running a pass first-offense to a run-first offense where the quarterback isn't accurate enough to pass. That's a massive shift.
Yeah, because Caleb Hanie is going to step up and start running the no huddle like a pro if Manning goes down right?

No Manning = No Manning offense. We know that the Tebow Cat can be implemented in a week with positive results (we did it last year and immediately went on a win streak). No pass first offense in NFL history could ever do that, simply due to receiver timing.

Yeah, Hanie's been terrible. I don't disagree. I just don't see that keeping Tebow was a legitimate option for the Broncos, in part because of what he is (and more importantly what he ISN'T) on the football field, in part because his fans are stark raving lunatics.
The second part (his fans) is irrelevant as it pertains to the Denver Broncos Football Club.

The first point is a strawman we've already resolved.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Hanie goes into the season at #2.
Replaced by who? Osweiler? That sounds like a great way to completely dick up Osweiler's development by making him use his new throwing motion too early when he still doesn't know the offense or how to read NFL level coverage.

Tebow was the ideal buffer here. The team could have shifted gears on the fly if they lost Manning and used the same strategy that got them into the playoffs last year until Manning was healthy, relying on our D. He's young enough to keep Osweiler off the field while Brock develops fully. You let Tebow play out his contract behind Manning as that buffer and then let him walk with Osweiler fully ready to step in if needed.

Instead if we lose Manning early we probably will start Osweiler before too long, and it will be to the detriment of both Osweiler himself and the long term return this team could have gotten out of him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
More of this same ****?

Do you ever even try to make legitimate arguments? Do you understand the point of debate? Point v. counter-point rational discussion of an issue? Or do you just view the entire world as your own personal audience to rant your obtuse views on everything at, and when it comes to Tim Tebow this forum is your megaphone of choice?

Sure as **** feels like the later.

My argument: Tim Tebow would be the best fullback in league history -- RIGHT NOW -- if he switched positions.

My argument: The combination of needing to change the offense to a 1920s version and his insane fanbase means having Tebow at backup is not the great thing that you make it out to be.

My argument: That if the Jets were really serious about having Tim be a legitimate backup QB, they wouldn't have him in harm's way blocking on punts.

I don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB. I just don't. That's what's called "an opinion." You think he's destined for greatness, I'd rather not wait around to see if the long shot comes true.

And while Caleb Hanie is nobody's idea of a great backup, he'll do in the short term while the circus moves out of town. What's more, he's actually performed in a throw-first offense. And on top of all that, I don't think Hanie is going to be the number 2 going into the season.

And yeah, I was personally tired of the Tebow circus. Here, in the stadium, in the papers, everywhere, for a guy who quite simply isn't all that good at the position he's chosen to play. He could get better, sure, I just think it's far from a sure thing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 08:02 AM
That's RIGHT! First week of the Tebowcat against the mighty mighty Dolphins.

/yawn

Wake me when the Tebowtards leave.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Then after looking like an idiot over all those anti-Tebow rants you frame all that angst that made you look like a whiny b**** as a problem with "Tebow's fans", like anyone who really puts the Broncos first and foremost as a football fan gives a **** what some trailer park Florida pan handle meth cooker thinks about the Denver Broncos.

Now that some time has passed I am thinking E&F decided to do right by Tebow. They knew that he was never going to be in our long range plans so they gave the kid the chance to pursue his career as a starting NFL qb. They even accommodated him going to the Jets for a lesser deal than the Jags offered. E&F want a pocket passer and doubted Tebow was ever going to be that QBOTF. Drafting Osweller in the second with a win now plan A clearly shows that direction.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Now that some time has passed I am thinking E&F decided to do right by Tebow. They knew that he was never going to be in our long range plans so they gave the kid the chance to pursue his career as a starting NFL qb. They even accommodated him going to the Jets for a lesser deal than the Jags offered. E&F want a pocket passer and doubted Tebow was ever going to be that QBOTF. Drafting Osweller in the second with a win now plan A clearly shows that direction.

This.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB.

And this is an important point that some people are missing. Elway and Fox decided it was the best thing for the organization to bring in a young QB (Osweiler) to groom for the future. It's much easier to do that when you don't already have a guy who wants to be that guy.

Edit to add that baja pretty much beat me to it...

Drek
05-25-2012, 08:15 AM
My argument: Tim Tebow would be the best fullback in league history -- RIGHT NOW -- if he switched positions.

My argument: The combination of needing to change the offense to a 1920s version and his insane fanbase means having Tebow at backup is not the great thing that you make it out to be.
Again, fan base is irrelevant. No real Broncos fan cares, the FO shouldn't care. No Tebowmaniac as a vote in how the Broncos use him. In other words: Screw 'em.

His different skill set are an inherent part of his value. That throw back style actually WORKED last year, and was especially effective over a short stretch. This in a post-wild cat world so teams had something of a recipe on how to deal with it. That style of offense was also implemented on the fly mid-season. Again, hugely valuable since we can't keep running the Manning offense without Manning. No one could do it in Indy last year with a fully acclimated supporting cast of veterans. It isn't happening here.

My argument: That if the Jets were really serious about having Tim be a legitimate backup QB, they wouldn't have him in harm's way blocking on punts.
I think the Jets are really serious about doing everything they can to get play makers on the field. Tebow is a play maker. He's also their #2 QB, so much so that they traded the recently signed Drew Stanton (supposed to be their #2) for nothing from the Colts after acquiring Tebow. If they weren't serious I doubt they'd have lined themselves up without a safety net.

I don't think he's a legitimate NFL QB. I just don't. That's what's called "an opinion." You think he's destined for greatness, I'd rather not wait around to see if the long shot comes true.
1. I think he has potential for greatness. I back it up by pointing out the early success he's had, the very real, very rare skills he shares with other great QBs, and how dominant he can be in the right system (from college).

2. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has them. If you want yours to be viewed as anything more than what most assholes put out back it up with some reasonable arguments.

And while Caleb Hanie is nobody's idea of a great backup, he'll do in the short term while the circus moves out of town. What's more, he's actually performed in a throw-first offense. And on top of all that, I don't think Hanie is going to be the number 2 going into the season.
By "performed in a throw-first offense" you mean he's got a 41.6 career QB rating, a 50.9% completion rate, and a 3:10 TD to INT ratio.

Meanwhile the guy you say can't pass has a 75.1 career QB rating, 47.3% completion rate, and 17 to 9 TD to INT ratio.

Also, that same guy started three games as a rookie in 2010 in what was still a pass first pro style offense. He had a QB rating then of 82.1, completed 50% of his passes, and had a 5 to 3 TD to INT ratio. This on the second worst team in the league with no running game, horrible defense, and no special teams help.

So when you act like Hanie is a better fit for a pass first offense I'm left to ask what possibly supports that notion.

Further, if Hanie is not the #2 then this organization is taking a massive risk with Osweiler's very fragile development.

And yeah, I was personally tired of the Tebow circus. Here, in the stadium, in the papers, everywhere, for a guy who quite simply isn't all that good at the position he's chosen to play. He could get better, sure, I just think it's far from a sure thing.
Making decisions based on personal fatigue/dismay with an ancillary element to the decision is how most failure begins.

Tebow's mass appeal should have had zero involvement in the decision, if the Broncos FO really is focused on putting together the best possible team for multiple title runs.

Drek
05-25-2012, 08:19 AM
That's RIGHT! First week of the Tebowcat against the mighty mighty Dolphins.

/yawn

Wake me when the Tebowtards leave.

The Broncos didn't implement the Tebow Cat until after the Lions game. Prior to that point McCoy was still trying to run the same ****ty offense he installed for Orton. Hence why Tebow threw the ball 39 times against the Lions when our OL was getting destroyed every drop back all day long.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:22 AM
E&F are old school so for better or worse they wanted no part of the Tebow experiment. They are too set in their ways to risk the future of the Broncos on Tebow's potential. A decision we well may live to regret.

I have high hopes for Osweller as our QBOTF

TonyR
05-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I think he has potential for greatness...

It's fine to have that opinion. And who knows, maybe you'll end up being right. But it's apparent that few, if any, organizations in the NFL agree with you based on the lukewarm (at best) interest in him when the Broncos made him available.

Drek
05-25-2012, 08:26 AM

So you're in favor of the front office making bad football moves based around personal preference?

Its as simple as this really:

1. Is Tebow a better backup option than Hanie? Obviously.

2. Does Tebow offer more as a part of the 53 man roster than Hanie, outside of being the #2 QB? Obviously.

3. Is Osweiler even close to ready? Seeings how they're tweaking his throwing mechanics and have already talked about him as a "long term" plan guy I'd say it's a pretty clear no.

So given those three little factoids why would we then let Tebow's style of play make us settle for a #2 who is in every way inferior to Tebow?

Hanie is even a worse pocket passer than Tebow, so regardless of where Tebow's skills may lie and what this org. might prefer he's still a better option, even shoehorned into a bad fit for him.

The beauty of it all is that then we get to have two wildly different young QBs to groom so we've got two bites at the apple when it comes to replacing Manning, not just one. The odds are against Tebow taking a miraculous step forward and becoming a full fledged pocket passer, but he makes us a better team in the interim while we wait for Osweiler to get ready and we hold onto the lottery ticket of him taking that very step forward.

Drek
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
It's fine to have that opinion. And who knows, maybe you'll end up being right. But it's apparent that few, if any, organizations in the NFL agree with you based on the lukewarm (at best) interest in him when the Broncos made him available.

I'd disagree. I think many view him as someone with potential for greatness, just not a high likelihood of achieving that potential. He's the ultimate boom/bust prospect.

But he's a boom/bust prospect we already paid for and had already found a worthwhile niche that would make the 2012 Broncos a better team. Why sell that for pennies on the dollar if winning really is the top priority?

Also, his pricing on the open market was in no way accurate. The Broncos made it quite clear he was going to get released if no trade was consummated. They had no bargaining power to get the truly best offers from anyone.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
So you're in favor of the front office making bad football moves based around personal preference?

Its as simple as this really:

1. Is Tebow a better backup option than Hanie? Obviously.

2. Does Tebow offer more as a part of the 53 man roster than Hanie, outside of being the #2 QB? Obviously.

3. Is Osweiler even close to ready? Seeings how they're tweaking his throwing mechanics and have already talked about him as a "long term" plan guy I'd say it's a pretty clear no.

So given those three little factoids why would we then let Tebow's style of play make us settle for a #2 who is in every way inferior to Tebow?

Hanie is even a worse pocket passer than Tebow, so regardless of where Tebow's skills may lie and what this org. might prefer he's still a better option, even shoehorned into a bad fit for him.

The beauty of it all is that then we get to have two wildly different young QBs to groom so we've got two bites at the apple when it comes to replacing Manning, not just one. The odds are against Tebow taking a miraculous step forward and becoming a full fledged pocket passer, but he makes us a better team in the interim while we wait for Osweiler to get ready and we hold onto the lottery ticket of him taking that very step forward.

As I said before this move was more about a kindness to Tebow than anything else. You got only so many reps to give your back ups. Reps they did not intend to spend on Tebow so they let him go to a team that is willing to do that. In other words they did right by the guy that gave everything he had as a Bronco.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 08:33 AM
A potential for greatness yes, but as a football player or a QB? Not many QBs with potentials for greatness are thrown onto special teams. It's déjà vu. Sanchez is Orton now. Looks great in practice and camp while tebow struggles. Happened the exact same way last summer. Come regular season it will be the same road as the broncos took. 5 or so games in when Sanchez struggles tebow will get the call.

GreatBronco16
05-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Drek, I commend you for bringing facts and being able to discuss this issue the way you have. However, you are not going to change the minds in the likes of TEKO, Tony, Baja etc. Allthough it is fun to watch you mop the floor with TEKO on the issue. It is helping to pass the time at work.;D

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM
All the bitching in the world isn't bringing him back to Denver. It doesn't matter if you are right about him being great or if he is out of football in 2 years. He aint retiring a Bronco, so, time to move along.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Drek, I commend you for bringing facts and being able to discuss this issue the way you have. However, you are not going to change the minds in the likes of TEKO, Tony, Baja etc. Allthough it is fun to watch you mop the floor with TEKO on the issue. It is helping to pass the time at work.;D

Hey I'm a big Tebow fan that is why I am happy for him that he got traded to a team that will give him a shot at playing QB. I will follow his career with much interest.

Keeping him would not be in his best interest why is that not clear?

GreatBronco16
05-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Keeping him would not be in his best interest why is that not clear?

So now you know what's best for Tebow? LOL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 08:41 AM

Don't forget to cup the balls.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 08:41 AM

You do realize that the Manning thing took so long that some teams were at the brink of having to give up on Manning himself.

The Cards literally couldn't wait another day before they would've had to tell him "Thanks but no thanks" because of the need to pay Kolb otherwise.

Point being that by the time Tebow was put on the block, almost all other teams with needs had committed to other options.

In other words, we shopped Tebow at the worst possible time.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 08:43 AM

I would think almost every tebow fan knows Elway and Fox are NOT best for tebow. Shame you can't see that.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:44 AM

Let's see Tebow on a team that sees him as a potential QBOTF or Tebow on a team because he is a better one year back up than Henie. You tell me what is the best option for Tebow. Not hard to see really.

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 08:46 AM
I would think almost every tebow fan knows Elway and Fox are NOT best for tebow. Shame you can't see that.

This.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 08:47 AM
You do realize that the Manning thing took so long that some teams were at the brink of having to give up on Manning himself.

The Cards literally couldn't wait another day before they would've had to tell him "Thanks but no thanks" because of the need to pay Kolb otherwise.

Point being that by the time Tebow was put on the block, almost all other teams with needs had committed to other options.

So when they were shopping him back at the combine time, teams were already committed to other options?

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM

I think the Tebow debate at this point is really more about whether EF(-x) or Tebow would've been better, long term, for the Broncos.

That question has not yet been answered.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Sparano and Ryan are better for tebow than McCoy and Fox. One Coaching staff wants him the other doesn't. That's pretty easy to see which is the better situation for him.

hookemhess
05-25-2012, 08:50 AM

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/07/notsureifserious-2.png

TonyR
05-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd disagree. I think many view him as someone with potential for greatness, just not a high likelihood of achieving that potential. He's the ultimate boom/bust prospect.

But he's a boom/bust prospect we already paid for and had already found a worthwhile niche that would make the 2012 Broncos a better team. Why sell that for pennies on the dollar if winning really is the top priority?

Also, his pricing on the open market was in no way accurate. The Broncos made it quite clear he was going to get released if no trade was consummated. They had no bargaining power to get the truly best offers from anyone.

A good and fair post. I'll only nitpick on the very last part. If someone really wanted Tebow wouldn't they have "outbid" the Jets and Jags? Wouldn't have taken much, right?

And again, from a pure, short term football perspective it's a good argument that the Broncos are better off with Tebow over Hanie as the backup. But it's just more complicated than that because of the Tebow circus, the locker room, the lack of buy in from Elway/Fox/others in the organization, and the desire to develop a pocket passer for the future in Osweiler.

BroncoBeavis
So when they were shopping him back at the combine time, teams were already committed to other options?

What does that have to do with the value they received when they did?

They couldn't trade him until they had Manning. The fact that they thought about it earlier doesn't change the fact that you're not going to get as much from a bunch of teams who just finished signing or paying other QB's.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/07/notsureifserious-2.png

Extremely serious.

The guy has no fear as a runner. As a passer, he leaves a lot to be desired, but could still throw -- OCCASIONALLY.

You need to know what you're getting from your QB. From game to game, we did not know what we'd get with Tim at QB.

baja
05-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Sparano and Ryan are better for tebow than McCoy and Fox. One Coaching staff wants him the other doesn't. That's pretty easy to see which is the better situation for him.

This

Bottom line if you like Tebow than you should be happy for him that he is on a team that wants him not stuck in Denver as a one year place holder.

BTW it would have been easier to keep him for a year

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
I think the Tebow debate at this point is really more about whether EF(-x) or Tebow would've been better, long term, for the Broncos.

That question has not yet been answered.

Could be. But just cause he turns out good for the jets doesn't necessarily mean he would've been good for the broncos. That's why I said Sparano and Ryan are better for him. IMO they may bend more for him in a different direction than broncos wanted to do.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
This

Bottom line if you like Tebow than you should be happy for him that he is on a team that wants him not stuck in Denver as a one year place holder.

What if you like the Broncos first, but think this whole thing has at least a 60/40 chance of blowing up in our faces. With maybe only a 5% chance of it ending how we want it.

hookemhess
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Extremely serious.

The guy has no fear as a runner. As a passer, he leaves a lot to be desired, but could still throw -- OCCASIONALLY.

You need to know what you're getting from your QB. From game to game, we did not know what we'd get with Tim at QB.

He probably wouldn't be among the best fullbacks in the league. Off the top of my head: Vonta Leach, Marcel Reese, Le'Ron McClain.

Hell, he wouldn't be the best fullback on the Jets. That would be John Conner.

GOAT? You're nuts.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/pro_football/news/2001/12/24/nflgallery_week15/3.jpg

TonyR
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM

Maybe. But if you think Tebow is going to be great you go after him no matter the timing. Several teams wanted Manning and didn't get him, why not then go after Tebow? Do you think if Carolina put Newton on the block at the same time there would have been a similar lack of interest? Ya think maybe KC, Seattle, Ten, Arizona, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Phila, etc. might have gotten involved? Maybe?

ghwk
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
This

They want him FOR NOW. Give it until Oct. and the media circus he brings and I doubt the Jets will want him either.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Could be. But just cause he turns out good for the jets doesn't necessarily mean he would've been good for the broncos. That's why I said Sparano and Ryan are better for him. IMO they may bend more for him in a different direction than broncos wanted to do.

If Tebow turns out to be special, that would be the hollowest of consolations.

"Yeah yeah, he's turned out to be pretty good, but our front office didn't want to win THAT Way. Sure, they're rebuilding from scratch now. But at least it's on THEIR terms."

baja
05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
What if you like the Broncos first, but think this whole thing has at least a 60/40 chance of blowing up in our faces. With maybe only a 5% chance of it ending how we want it.

I wanted to roll with Tebow unfortunately EF did not

I'm thinking too bad McD shiit the bed. Josh / Tebow had the best shot of making Tim that guy that revolutionizes the QB position.

With Fox/Elway not so much.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
If Tebow turns out to be special, that would be the hollowest of consolations.

"Yeah yeah, he's turned out to be pretty good, but our front office didn't want to win THAT Way. Sure, they're rebuilding from scratch now. But at least it's on THEIR terms."

Well you know the percentages I give on that. Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm interested to see how Sanchez does. Sure he's lookin good in one day in May, but come September October will likely be a different Sanchez. The dirty one.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm interested to see how Sanchez does. Sure he's lookin good in one day in May, but come September October will likely be a different Sanchez. The dirty one.

Just can't believe there's this kind of scrutiny already.

"Look, the guy who's never run this play in his life doesn't look as sharp as the guy who's been running the system for 3 years!"

Sounds familiar, actually.

Who else has to deal with that?

hookemhess
05-25-2012, 09:08 AM

I think he'll play much like he has in the past... He'll do OK, and the Jets will win games (mostly on account of their defense). But it won't matter once he throws multiple picks in one game... The Tebow madness will infect MetLife Stadium like AIDS.

Drek
05-25-2012, 09:12 AM
A good and fair post. I'll only nitpick on the very last part. If someone really wanted Tebow wouldn't they have "outbid" the Jets and Jags? Wouldn't have taken much, right?
You assume this was an open and ongoing bid. It instead seems quite clear that the Broncos called around and jumped on the best first round offer they got.

Given how Jacksonville's owner was pining for Tebow do you really think he couldn't have been talked into more than just a 4th rounder? Trading Tebow was effectively treated like a blind auction where all the bidders knew that the asset would go up for public auction with a much lower asking pricing should no one put forth any kind of blind bid.

Marketed at the right time blind bids can pay off wonderfully. But the right time is not when other teams have already answered many of their QB questions and when it is public knowledge that you aren't keeping the asset no matter what.

And again, from a pure, short term football perspective it's a good argument that the Broncos are better off with Tebow over Hanie as the backup. But it's just more complicated than that because of the Tebow circus, the locker room, the lack of buy in from Elway/Fox/others in the organization, and the desire to develop a pocket passer for the future in Osweiler.

Most of the team still speaks of Tebow in good terms, and I'd bet that many of the handful of detractors would be just fine with Tim Tebow - #2 QB. The "circus" aspect doesn't impact the Broncos ability to win football games and is therefore irrelevant to true Bronco football fans.

Drunk Monkey
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
You assume this was an open and ongoing bid. It instead seems quite clear that the Broncos called around and jumped on the best first round offer they got.

Given how Jacksonville's owner was pining for Tebow do you really think he couldn't have been talked into more than just a 4th rounder? Trading Tebow was effectively treated like a blind auction where all the bidders knew that the asset would go up for public auction with a much lower asking pricing should no one put forth any kind of blind bid.

Marketed at the right time blind bids can pay off wonderfully. But the right time is not when other teams have already answered many of their QB questions and when it is public knowledge that you aren't keeping the asset no matter what.

That made no sense to me. They got as much as they could for Tebow (extra few bucks Jax offered aside). If his value was higher someone would have gave more for him. He was a commodity that was evaluated by 31 other teams and the price was set by their evaluation.

I also think you are wrong on the circus aspect that Tebow brings to teams. You keep dismissing it as irrelevant but obviously it is not. It probably scared away the other 29 teams from considering Teebs. If he was just some guy who had the body of work that he has we would have got alot more for him.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-25-2012, 09:48 AM

Yeah, ok. So you're saying that if the Saints put Brees on the block today because they can't get a deal done, there wouldn't be that much interest because teams have committed to other options? Bull****. He's a ****ing QB, he plays the most important position on the field. If teams thought highly of Tim, they would have been beating down the door to acquire him. This isn't some disgruntled dime-a-dozen position player, it's a QB. As it was, there was virtually no interest in him from around the league. It's nice you have an excuse for it, but no one wanted him and the team that traded for him is already putting him out there in different roles than QB.

baja
05-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Most of the team still speaks of Tebow in good terms, and I'd bet that many of the handful of detractors would be just fine with Tim Tebow - #2 QB. The "circus" aspect doesn't impact the Broncos ability to win football games and is therefore irrelevant to true Bronco football fans.

Now this is just pure bull shiit. There is no way you can know that.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, ok. So you're saying that if the Saints put Brees on the block today because they can't get a deal done, there wouldn't be that much interest because teams have committed to other options? Bull****. He's a ****ing QB, he plays the most important position on the field. If teams thought highly of Tim, they would have been beating down the door to acquire him. This isn't some disgruntled dime-a-dozen position player, it's a QB. As it was, there was virtually no interest in him from around the league. It's nice you have an excuse for it, but no one wanted him and the team that traded for him is already putting him out there in different roles than QB.

The fact that you'd even draw a comparison to Brees is silly. But besides that I guess in your world the Cards were idiots for telling Manning they had to know that day. They should've just thrown away 8 million in cap space or whatever it was and still tried to sign Manning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
The fact that you'd even draw a comparison to Brees is silly. But besides that I guess in your world the Cards were idiots for telling Manning they had to know that day. They should've just thrown away 8 million in cap space or whatever it was and still tried to sign Manning.

You're right. It is a silly comparison.

Brees is a QB. Tebow is not.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Read and repeat number 3 to yourself over and over again. Quietly.

I never liked Tim Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Brian Murphy got an ear full...tweeted a slap about Tebow and felt the wrath...did a pussified 180 degree turn....Sanchez may want to shut his agent up...

Drek
05-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Now this is just pure bull shiit. There is no way you can know that.

How long did it take them to trade him?

About 24 hours after Manning said he was coming to Denver.

If the intent was to extract maximum value they would have if nothing else at least played their hand closer to the vest and into the draft. Its not like Caleb Hanie was going somewhere else.

The intent was clearly to make sure that the Manning/Tebow overlap was as small as possible.

baja
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
How long did it take them to trade him?

About 24 hours after Manning said he was coming to Denver.

If the intent was to extract maximum value they would have if nothing else at least played their hand closer to the vest and into the draft. Its not like Caleb Hanie was going somewhere else.

The intent was clearly to make sure that the Manning/Tebow overlap was as small as possible.

Conjecture is not fact.

You spin such pretty conjecture that you believe your own bull shiit on occasion.

baja
05-25-2012, 11:15 AM
How long do you think it takes to make 31 phone calls?

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
How long do you think it takes to make 31 phone calls?

And to hear 29 versions of "No thanks, John".

TonyR
05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
The fact that you'd even draw a comparison to Brees is silly...

Which is why in the post linked below I used Cam Newton as the comp. That's more fair, right?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3595540&postcount=310

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Late in the season... like the meltdown in Buffalo? Or the three points against KC at home?

You mean the games when McGahee was injured so Tebow had no receivers because Elway moved them and no runningbacks because they sucked and/or were injured?

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 11:41 AM

There is a big problem with this premise though Baja.. Elway and who knows who else has been trashing Tebow in the media since Elway took over...

It seems clear to me that Elway is trying to prevent Tebow from even getting the opportunity to make him look bad. Which is very smart on his part because IF Tebow is a huge success somehwere else and Elway doesn't have success in Denver I think he will definitely get crucified for that.. and rightfully so.

baja
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
There is a big problem with this premise though Baja.. Elway and who knows who else has been trashing Tebow in the media since Elway took over...

It seems clear to me that Elway is trying to prevent Tebow from even getting the opportunity to make him look bad. Which is very smart on his part because IF Tebow is a huge success somehwere else and Elway doesn't have success in Denver I think he will definitely get crucified for that.. and rightfully so.

If that were true he would have shipped his ass to Jacksonville.

TDmvp
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7348/tebowlargesmall.jpg

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 11:46 AM
This is how it mostly appeared on the surface in Denver, too. But behind the scenes there was clearly some resentment. Lots of egos to deal with and when the reporters run to Tebow after every game, and the national media focuses on him with almost every story, it starts rubbing people the wrong way. It's human nature. And in my opinion it's a distraction you don't need. And you particularly don't need it with a player you don't believe in, which appears to be the case with Elway, Fox, and probably other coaches and players as well.

I think the resentment in Denver came from the fact Tebow was getting credit for carrying the whole team... people like Skip Bayless would say how awful the team around him was... I belive the reason this made the guys around Tebow so upset is because it was avtually true. Tebow is on a better team now. He won't have to carry them and he won't get all the credit... so there should be no reason for resentment.

bronco militia
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2520/4110783127_5aba2c96a9.jpg

Drunk Monkey
05-25-2012, 11:49 AM

The second we got Manning Elway was given a free pass to trade Tebow. No reasonable football person or fan would start Tebow over Manning. So the issue became what to do with our back up QB.

Drunk Monkey
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the resentment in Denver came from the fact Tebow was getting credit for carrying the whole team... people like Skip Bayless would say how awful the team around him was... I belive the reason this made the guys around Tebow so upset is because it was avtually true. Tebow is on a better team now. He won't have to carry them and he won't get all the credit... so there should be no reason for resentment.

Lolz I would ask if you really believe that but I know you do. When you have humble players like Santonio Holmes on your team not getting the rock thrown his way I am sure he will be fine with it.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
If that were true he would have shipped his ass to Jacksonville.

But by Elway saying he gave Tebow the choice he looks like the good guy instead of what he really is.

Elway already did enough damage by screwing Tebow all last season and trashing him in the media the whole time.

Tebow may have actually had a better chance to start in Jaxs as well. He is clearly better than any QB they have there. The difference in NY is the coaches and GM were more pro Tebow. Also the fans in Jax would have been more pro Tebow which would help him start.

We also don't know where else Tebow had the opportunity to go. I think this may have been what Tebow alluded to when he said the Broncos ultimately had all the power.

And really.. we don't even know if Elway gave Tebow the option. Tebow has not said he did. If Tebow says Elwya is lying and he doesn't want to be in New York then where does that leave him?

baja
05-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Ya what ever if Elway wanted to make Tebow look bad he would not have allowed him to go to a good team that lacks a good QB. You have no argument on this one.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
You didn't think they were mocking him? Really?

Sure came off as mocking to a lot of people, myself included.

No, I really don't, myself.

But as you know, there are a lot of people that would love to see it as mocking.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM

That's what I think, too.

I think all this "Oh noes, we can't handle the circus!" talk is overblown. I think they could have handled it just fine, and so could Tebow. If this team is going to win a Super Bowl, Tebow could have helped. Could have been that special touch in a couple of years that got them over the top.

But I think they knew the timing wasn't right in Tebow's career, because of the 2 years flushed down the toilet in developing him. They would rather draft a new guy, one more to their liking, and let him chill out 3 or 4 years waiting to start.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Ya what ever if Elway wanted to make Tebow look bad he would not have allowed him to go to a good team that lacks a good QB. You have no argument on this one.

We don't know the other options though Baja... anywhere he was going to go could fit your desrpition unless they had an elite QB. And if he goes to a team that has an elite QB they have an elite offense which could make Tebow look even better. Look at Matt Flynn in Green Bay.. look at Matt Cassell on the Patriots..

If Elway had sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them win a championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Which is why in the post linked below I used Cam Newton as the comp. That's more fair, right?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3595540&postcount=310

Cam was a 1st overall pick. Do you think the Colts would've traded theirs for him?

The point isn't to say Tim was a #1 overall kind of prospect. The point is that the Broncos made every mistake in the book to minimize his trade value.

He's worth more than a 4th rounder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
We don't know the other options though Baja... anywhere he was going to go could fit your desrpition unless they had an elite QB. And if he goes to a team that has an elite QB they have an elite offense which could make Tebow look even better. Look at Matt Flynn in Green Bay.. look at Matt Cassell on the Patriots..

If Elway ahd sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them wina championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.

You need professional help. I could only imagine what psychotic episodes you were having before Tebow even existed in football.

If the patriots were that big on him, why would they let him go to a rival division team for peanuts? If Elway wanted him to fail, why did the coaching staff turn away from the Detroit games playbook? Common sense would tell you to keep that same playbook if they wanted him to fail.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Lolz I would ask if you really believe that but I know you do. When you have humble players like Santonio Holmes on your team not getting the rock thrown his way I am sure he will be fine with it.

The difference is they will be winning.. they have a great D and a great D coach.

Also Tebow got Lloyd the rock... Lloyd was just too soft and was afraid Tebow would get him hit.

Most receicers are no where near as soft as Lloyd. I thought Tebow and Lloyd made a great tandem.

baja
05-25-2012, 12:19 PM

If Elway had sent Tebow to the Pats Tebow could have helped them win a championship. Then how would Elway look.. how would Tebow look? This is why Elway ensured he did all the damage last season.

Have you forgotten only two teams were interested in TT and he was allowed to go to the one that gives him the best chance to succeed, so much for your sabotage theory

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:23 PM
If the patriots were that big on him, why would they let him go to a rival division team for peanuts?

Because the Pats didn't have the option to get him. That is what I am saying. This is why Elway would not give Tebow that option and why Tebow might say he didn't have the option. The only reason I could see the Pats not wanting Tebow is because they already have a lot of weird weapons such as Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. There may not be enoguh room in their offense for Tebow's unique skkillset.

But I could surely see why Elway wouldn't want Tebow on the Pats.. if the Brocnos did end up facing them Tebow could easily be the difference maker especially with Belichick using him.

If Elway wanted him to fail, why did the coaching staff turn away from the Detroit games playbook? Common sense would tell you to keep that same playbook if they wanted him to fail.

They did the absolute MINIMUM they could to integrate Tebow. And they did it after they had humiliated him.

Urban Meyer has said publicly that they were very uncreative in how they used Tebow. I don't see how anyone coulld not see that.

Why did they even need to change the Brocnos offense coming into the season in the first place? Tebow was successful at the end of last season in it and it was built for him. Both orton and Tebow looked terrible in it.

Elway knew when he hired Fox what it woulsd do to Tebow or any QB. The only thing that might save Peyton is that Fox could let Peyton be his own offensive coordinator essentially.

baja
05-25-2012, 12:23 PM
What's amazing is we are on the threshold of one of the most promising seasons in a very long while and the most popular thread is about the Jets back up QB.

Drunk Monkey
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
So if he went to the Pats they would bench Brady in favor of Tebow? Sorry not following the bat **** crazy logic.

Beantown Bronco
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
What's amazing is we are on the threshold of one of the most promising seasons in a very long while and the most popular thread is about the Jets back up QB.

And the 2nd most popular is about trading our #7 CB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
In MacGruders mind

Elway after the Detroit game. " I want tebow to fail, so let's scrap the playbook that he looked horrible running, and install plays that Tebow is comfortable with. Then he will fail"

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Have you forgotten only two teams were interested in TT and he was allowed to go to the one that gives him the best chance to succeed, so much for your sabotage theory

How do we know those were the only 2 teams? When Tebow first went on the market I heard the Pats were interested. I also heard Greenbay and the Rams were interested...

And Tebow is also in New York with the biggest media circus. Someone in the Broncos brass supposedly said the problem with Tebow was his fans and the media circus.. so Elway sends him to the town with the biggest circus. Elway can also pump the New York media with more negative press the whole time too..

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 12:28 PM

QFT. It's like a bunch of high schoolers pining over the girlfriend that left them.

Somebody needs to tell me why I'm supposed to give a damn about the Jets backup qb when Peyton ****ing Manning is wearing blue and orange.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
You are absolutely out of your mind if you think the pats would take Brady off the field in a game.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:30 PM
In MacGruders mind

Elway after the Detroit game. " I want tebow to fail, so let's scrap the playbook that he looked horrible running, and install plays that Tebow is comfortable with. Then he will fail"

They didn't scrap the playbook.. Fox used Tebow jast as he had used others in the past. DelHomme said after the first Chiefs game that Fox was in heaven because he didn't have to throw the ball.

Again.. Elway likely picked Fox for this very reason.. it was a death sentence to Tebow offensively hiring Fox.

oubronco
05-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I wanted to roll with Tebow unfortunately EF did not

I'm thinking too bad McD shiit the bed. Josh / Tebow had the best shot of making Tim that guy that revolutionizes the QB position.

With Fox/Elway not so much.

Oh get off this, He is a running QB and there have plenty before him and there will be plenty after him

Revelutionize the QB position...QTFO!!!

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
You are absolutely out of your mind if you think the pats would take Brady off the field in a game.

Oh really... I guess you didn't know Brady had an injured shoulder in the playoffs.. oh.. and he's another year older.

Peyton Manning acted like he wanted to use Tebow on the Colts in the same fashion when Tebow was coming out of college..

Belli's whole philosophy is about Team play and no prima donnas. Belli's Pats are perfect for the Tebow experiment.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Hey, when you live in a world where Brock Osweiler can step in for Peyton Manning and nobody misses a beat... Anything is possible. :)

Stagger Lee
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey, when you live in a world where Brock Osweiler can step in for Peyton Manning and nobody misses a beat... Anything is possible. :)

Who said that?

oubronco
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Who said that?

BroncoButthead

baja
05-25-2012, 12:43 PM
How do we know those were the only 2 teams? When Tebow first went on the market I heard the Pats were interested. I also heard Greenbay and the Rams were interested...

And Tebow is also in New York with the biggest media circus. Someone in the Broncos brass supposedly said the problem with Tebow was his fans and the media circus.. so Elway sends him to the town with the biggest circus. Elway can also pump the New York media with more negative press the whole time too..

Dude I really enjoy you as a poster especially the way you had the brilliant (in his mind only) rev dancing for weeks and weeks. Very well played.

But you are bat shiit crazy on this sabotage theory.

BTW in NE TT doesn't see the field for 5 years.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Dude I really enjoy you as a poster especially the way you had the brilliant (in his mind only) rev dancing for weeks and weeks. Very well played.

But you are bat shiit crazy on this sabotage theory.

BTW in NE TT doesn't see the field for 5 years.

How can you say that Baja? Elway or someone in the Bronco brass has been trashing Tebow in the media the whole time. It even increased when Tebow left.

One of the worst hit pieces on Tebow was early last seaosn by a journalist who was known to have heavy ties to Elway - Silver.

There was a thread on here recently where someone in the Bronco brass called Tebow dumb. It's clear what they are doing. I don't know how everyone can't see it.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Instead of me having to cringe and hide my eyes from the TV when our quarterback has to pass, I will be smiling knowing that Peyton Arm Cannon Manning will be tossing for 300 yards and 3 TD's a game. CUT THAT MEAT.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh really... I guess you didn't know Brady had an injured shoulder in the playoffs.. oh.. and he's another year older.

Peyton Manning acted like he wanted to use Tebow on the Colts in the same fashion when Tebow was coming out of college..

Belli's whole philosophy is about Team play and no prima donnas. Belli's Pats are perfect for the Tebow experiment.

So brady had an injured shoulder and they STILL didn't take him out of a game. I get your schtick. Extreme thinking to get a rise out of people. That's fine. I actually wish all your theories were true, cause then you would actually be upset.

baja
05-25-2012, 01:12 PM
How can you say that Baja? Elway or someone in the Bronco brass has been trashing Tebow in the media the whole time. It even increased when Tebow left.

One of the worst hit pieces on Tebow was early last seaosn by a journalist who was known to have heavy ties to Elway - Silver.

There was a thread on here recently where someone in the Bronco brass called Tebow dumb. It's clear what they are doing. I don't know how everyone can't see it.

Well this will be my last post on this sabotage issue.

Elway and Fox hold two of only 64 positions available in the world. Do you really think they would conspire to discredit a player that gave them everything he had and won a playoff game when no one thought we had a chance of even making the playoffs? I submit they have better things to do than worry what Tebow might do after he left the organization . It's silly really.

oubronco
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Instead of me having to cringe and hide my eyes from the TV when our quarterback has to pass, I will be smiling knowing that Peyton Arm Cannon Manning will be tossing for 300 yards and 3 TD's a game. CUT THAT MEAT.

^5

DBroncos4life
05-25-2012, 01:18 PM
BB doesn't want TT.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Who said that?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7934109/john-elway-denver-broncos-says-brock-osweiler-was-long-term-pick

Blueflame
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Me, I blame :militia: ... for bumping this thread and bringing Macgruder out of "lurk mode"... where's my banhammer? :P

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Well this will be my last post on this sabotage issue.

Elway and Fox hold two of only 64 positions available in the world. Do you really think they would conspire to discredit a player that gave them everything he had and won a playoff game when no one thought we had a chance of even making the playoffs? I submit they have better things to do than worry what Tebow might do after he left the organization . It's silly really.

Peyton Manning: "I came here because I saw how competitive Elway was even as an executive"

I think you are naive Baja if you think Elway and Fox wouldn't screw Tebow over to save their self.

Though one thing you are forgetting is that they rationalize all this stuff. They don't blame their self for not being able to adapt to Tebow.

They may have convinced their self that they are just "telling the truth".. being "brutally honest"... but that's not the reality.

Even before they got Peyton they wanted to replace Tebow. The only thing Elway would say positive about Tebow is that he "gave them a spark"

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM
So brady had an injured shoulder and they STILL didn't take him out of a game. I get your schtick. Extreme thinking to get a rise out of people. That's fine. I actually wish all your theories were true, cause then you would actually be upset.

They didn't have Tebow to take Brady out. The point is you can prevent Brady from getting injured by playing Tebow.. how is it any different than a QB handing the ball off to a runningback?

Are you saying guys like Peyton and Brady shouldn't use runningbacks because they are taking the ball out of their own hands? It will help ANY QB to have Tebow putting pressure on opposing defenses.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 01:38 PM
They didn't have Tebow to take Brady out. The point is you can prevent Brady from getting injured by playing Tebow.. how is it any different than a QB handing the ball off to a runningback?

Are you saying guys like Peyton and Brady shouldn't use runningbacks because they are taking the ball out of their own hands? It will help ANY QB to have Tebow putting pressure on opposing defenses.

Huh? Now you aren't even making sense. Take Brady out and play tebow so brady doesnt get hurt. Ha! C'mon Gruder, I know you are laughing while typing that. As far as RBs, well they aren't needed as much with great HOF passing QBs. Not the 80' and 90's anymore.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
The only pressure teams/players feel coming from Tebow is his aura of abstinence. I heard it knocked Cromartie out in practice the other day.

StugotsIII
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
They didn't scrap the playbook.. Fox used Tebow jast as he had used others in the past. DelHomme said after the first Chiefs game that Fox was in heaven because he didn't have to throw the ball.

Again.. Elway likely picked Fox for this very reason.. it was a death sentence to Tebow offensively hiring Fox.

You simply don't know what you are talking about...

Fox's offense was scrapped. This is a fact.

They installed a very basic zone read option set...and ran the hell out of the ball.

oubronco
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
We're going with Plan A so fuggin deal with it!!

LongDongJohnson
05-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Feels good to send that garbage tebow packing and signing a real qb in return.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM

They installed a very basic zone read option set...and ran the hell out of the ball.

That's not right. They kept the same installed offense, and added a few plays. Most of the plays they ran were already in the Orton offense -- McCoy tried to explain that plenty of times.

oubronco
05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL

StugotsIII
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
That's not right. They kept the same installed offense, and added a few plays. Most of the plays they ran were already in the Orton offense -- McCoy tried to explain that plenty of times.

They may have kept the offense...but the sure as hell didn't run it after the Miami game...Fox even said that if they continued that offense under Tebow they wouldn't have won a game...

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Adding a couple zone read option plays isn't scrapping an offense. That's ridiculous. Especially when it ties into exactly what Fox wants to do.

Fox scrapped McD's offense coming in unnecessarily which made Orton look terrible too.

Requiem
05-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe Orton and Tebow are just bad QB's. You are projecting, MacGoober.

StugotsIII
05-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Adding a couple zone read option plays isn't scrapping an offense. That's ridiculous. Especially when it ties into exactly what Fox wants to do.

Fox scrapped McD's offense coming in unnecessarily which made Orton look terrible too.

Yeah...that's why Orton looked bad.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:01 PM
They may have kept the offense...but the sure as hell didn't run it after the Miami game...Fox even said that if they continued that offense under Tebow they wouldn't have won a game...

They only won one game with the old offense you dingus.. lol

The OFFENSE was screwing them not Tebow. Orton was far worse this season under Fox than last season.. while everyone else was putting up record offensive numbers!

They even traded Lloyd before that Lions game.. Orton at least had him. Tebow played very well with him in the Chargers game and last season too.

So how is that Tebow's fault?

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah...that's why Orton looked bad.

It's definitely why he looked worse..

The season before Orton put up Cam Newton/Marino numbers which is why everyone said he wasn't the problem...

oubronco
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Tebow sucks and he'll be out of the league in 2 yrs

MacGoober will cry

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Maybe Orton and Tebow are just bad QB's. You are projecting, MacGoober.

Maybe Fox just makes all his QBs look bad even when they are good.

Both Tebow and Orton looked bad in Fox's offense but Tebow won... that showed his true effectiveness.

Cam and Orton putting up stellar numbers and losing shows how great numbers are meaningless...

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:07 PM

MacGoober will cry

I might take up religion.. Tebow is clearly being crucified for our sins..

He's is being crucified for simply being different... that's a great illustration of human nature..

ncjmirabile
05-25-2012, 02:09 PM

I tend to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember the first SD game right, they had Tebow in the same offense that Orton had been running and Tebow struggled initially until they started calling more zone read option plays and the zone read plays is what started to get the offense rolling.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 02:10 PM

But he'd still have more yards per toss than Sam Bradford.

That dude truly smokes cock.

Bradford @ #1 makes the Brock pick look like the deal of the century. So I guess it's good that no matter how bad you eff up, there's always someone who did it worse.

Unless, of course, your name is Sam Bradford. LOL

Play2win
05-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Tebow should go work for a lady's fashion store, selling Platform shoes...

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I tend to agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but if I remember the first SD game right, they had Tebow in the same offense that Orton had been running and Tebow struggled initially until they started calling more zone read option plays and the zone read plays is what started to get the offense rolling.

There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad the season before Cam for the same reason - Fox was always protecting his D and making the O look bad.

oubronco
05-25-2012, 02:18 PM
But he'd still have more yards per toss than Sam Bradford.

That dude truly smokes cock.

Bradford @ #1 makes the Brock pick look like the deal of the century. So I guess it's good that no matter how bad you eff up, there's always someone who did it worse.

Unless, of course, your name is Sam Bradford. LOL

Keep humpin that chicken if you truly believe that

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
There was no zone read in the chargers game.. yeah it took Tebow time to get going but he got in a great rhythm with Lloyd.

The reason Tebow and Orton struggled in Fox's O was because it was so predictable and slow paced. ANYONE would struggle in that O without great runners in the offense.

The Oline was terrible without Tebow running too. That is the real reason "Tebow was screwed" as Fox said. This is why I think Peyton was a moron to go to Denver. he's going to get KILLED behind that line.

Fox honestly didn't want the offense to be successful though.. having no offense helped his D tremendously.. when Tebow scored quickly the Broncos D completely collapsed.

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad for the same reason.

Orton was only sacked 9 times in 5 games with the same Oline and same HC. You are just flaming the boards with poo and stds.

ncjmirabile
05-25-2012, 02:31 PM

This is also why Cam is so overrated in Carolina.. the offense in Carolina looked so bad for the same reason.

So running an offense suited to the strengths of your QB is wanting your offense to fail. I fail to understand your point.

In that first Chargers game, Tebow only attempted three passes to Lloyd. Two were incomplete and was like a 20 yarder as time was expiring.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Orton was only sacked 9 times in 5 games with the same Oline and same HC. You are just flaming the boards with poo and stds.

Yeah.. he just threw a bunch of interceptions and checked down and threw the ball away.. this is why stats and how someone looks is meaningless. Tebow held onto the ball trying to actually complete the play rather than protecting his own stats.. that is why Tebiow is a winner and Orton isn't. Orton couldn't take those hits either..

ncjmirabile
05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah.. he just threw a bunch of interceptions and checked down and threw the ball away.. this is why stats and how someone looks is meaningless. Tebow held onto the ball trying to actually complete the play rather than protecting his own stats.. that is why Tebiow is a winner and Orton isn't. Orton couldn't take those hits either..

Or possibly an indicator that the o-line was set up more for a passing offense under Orton and more for an option offense under Tebow which lends support to the idea that the offenses Tebow and Orton ran were different.

Also, I could be wrong, but don't QBs in option offenses take more hits and more sacks because of the nature of option offenses.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
So running an offense suited to the strengths of your QB is wanting your offense to fail. I fail to understand your point.

In that first Chargers game, Tebow only attempted three passes to Lloyd. Two were incomplete and was like a 20 yarder as time was expiring.

The offense Fox threw away coming in was better for Tebow and Orton.. not better for his own D though... he made his own job coaching D easy. Made himself look good at the expense of Orton and Tebow.

Tebow and Lloyd made some great plays.. that game and the previous season when Tebow outperformed Orton then too. They nearly won the game if Lloyd hadn't dropped a pass in the end zone. That was with Tebow having to dig out of the hole Orton put them in too.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Keep humpin that chicken if you truly believe that

Hmmm, a #1 overall QB with a lower QBR than one who sucks and will be out of the league in 2 years?

There's a word for that kind of draft fail... what was it?

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Or possibly an indicator that the o-line was set up more for a passing offense under Orton and more for an option offense under Tebow which lends support to the idea that the offenses Tebow and Orton ran were different.

No.. because when they were running pass plays the opposing D could get to the QB at will.. under Tebow or Orton. Orton would throw the ball away or checkdown.. Tebow wouldn't settle and took the hit but it was also why he put more pressure on Ds and made them respect the deep ball opening the run game.

Also, I could be wrong, but don't QBs in option offenses take more hits and more sacks because of the nature of option offenses.

They do but we are talking about pass plays here and pass protection. Tebow's running ability prevented opposing Ds from attacking because they wanted to try to make Tebow stay in the pocket.. but again he had no receivers so this was also why that was beneficial.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-25-2012, 03:05 PM

Ha! That's a great game according to Gruder.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Ha! That's a great game according to Gruder.

A game that you almost win when you were in the hole by 2 touchdowns? Yeah... that's a good game on Tebow's part...

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 03:23 PM

You can't really count the last game, Each QB played a half. Neither was sacked.

2 of the other 4 games were against teams (Pack and Titans) that don't sack anyone. Literally both are bottom 5 in the league. GB was last I think.

So now you've got CIN, who did ok getting to the QB, and they got KO twice. And then you have OAK, where KO's 5 sacks are all you need to know.

Long story short, those first 4 games last year proved absolutely nothing about our pass protection. And all you need to do is watch some tape to see that there are issues to be concerned about.

ncjmirabile
05-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Someone other than MacGruder and BroncoBeavis.

My understanding is that the offense Orton ran early in the season was McDaniels or at least a version of it.

It appeared to me they tried some of it at least initially with Tebow in the SD game, but it wasn't working and they went to more zone read type plays. Again, it appeared the same way in the Miami game.

Don't know if I have the terminology right, but the zone read aka spread option is setup by the inside and outside zone read runs. If those runs aren't going, then nothing can function especially the passing game. The o-line in this offense is more setup for run blocking than pass protection.

Also regarding that Denver had no WRs. It seemed to me in the last seven games that D. Thomas was coming on. I compared some of his stats against M. Manningham, J. Nelson, G. Jennings, and V. Jackson during the last five games and into the first two games of the playoffs if their teams made it that far and D. Thomas outperformed those guys in the stretch I mentioned.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Don't know if I have the terminology right, but the zone read aka spread option is setup by the inside and outside zone read runs. If those runs aren't going, then nothing can function especially the passing game. The o-line in this offense is more setup for run blocking than pass protection.

using "aka" between "zone read" and "spread option" is more than a terminology difference. Nothing we did (outside of desperation last-minute drives where Tebow excelled) resembled a spread option.

Using those terms interchangeably only helps explain why you're confused.

DENVERDUI55
05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
It's funny that BroncoBeavis and MacGruder are only here to talk in a Teblow thread. That is the center of their existence.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 03:45 PM
It's funny that BroncoBeavis and MacGruder are only here to talk in a Teblow thread. That is the center of their existence.

Funny, since you were one of the first to pipe up as soon as this thread was resurrected (again) by the Teblowsers.

I'd say the haters' obsession is more disturbing than the fans'

ncjmirabile
05-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Someone other than MacGruder and BroncoBeavis.

My understanding is that the offense Orton ran early in the season was McDaniels or at least a version of it.

It appeared to me they tried some of it at least initially with Tebow in the SD game, but it wasn't working and they went to more zone read type plays. Again, it appeared the same way in the Miami game.

Also regarding that Denver had no WRs. It seemed to me in the last seven games that D. Thomas was coming on. I compared some of his stats against M. Manningham, J. Nelson, G. Jennings, and V. Jackson during the last five games and into the first two games of the playoffs if their teams made it that far and D. Thomas outperformed those guys in the stretch I mentioned.

Not claiming that I have a thing right but I am asking for someone who is knowledgeable to respond to help me understand. I would prefer someone other than MacGruder and BroncoBeavis as based on what they have posted I feel their opinions are slanted a bit.

My understanding is that the zone read is similar in a lot of ways to the spread option.

BroncoBeavis
05-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Not claiming that I have a thing right but I am asking for someone who is knowledgeable to respond to help me understand. I would prefer someone other than MacGruder and BroncoBeavis as based on what they have posted I feel their opinions are slanted a bit.

My understanding is that the zone read is similar in a lot of ways to the spread option.

Yeah, you don't want any bias. So just go ahead and ask the guys that spent 2011 acting like Tebow was the worst QB ever to wear an NFL uniform

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM

OK.. so one receiver.. and he wasn't even that great and Tebow made him look great. The point is they moved Gaffney and Lloyd before Tebow even had a chance to prove himself. Of course the offense is screwed. The offense was screwed the previous season even with those guys.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 04:08 PM

That's really not that funny... what is really funny is that you guys talk more about Tebow here than Jets boards do.. lol

Tebow is great drama.. everyone is talking about him it seems... Peyton is a guy whose glory days are behind him.. just like Elway. Some people just can't let the glory days go.. or move to the present.

Jay3
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM

The zone read is only one play. The Broncos were never able to to a complete install of a whole offense. They installed a few plays, added them to their other plays.

The Broncos ran many, many plays out of their regular playbook, including running plays out of pro-set (mostly for minimal yardage) and passing plays from a traditional drop back (or shotgun, just same routes).

There were never able to build an offense around the strengths -- series of plays designed to look the same, and do something different.

None of it really matters, except to say that the passing plays were the same plays for the most part.

errand
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Who would you rather have to win you one critical game late in the 2012 season, Tim Tebow or Caleb Hanie?

Our FO chose the later of those two. That is a problem, because it obviously wasn't a choice based on the ability to play football.

you realize we had 3 critical games at the end of the 2011 regular season, right? Went 0 for 3 in them......

Blueflame
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
"In the present".... 12 NFL teams expressed interest in acquiring Peyton Manning's services. I'm glad the Broncos won that sweepstakes.

Ack... I apologize (to those who have him on ignore) for forgetting and quoting Macgruder. Edited to correct my oversight.

MacGruder
05-25-2012, 04:50 PM
"In the present".... 12 NFL teams expressed interest in acquiring Peyton Manning's services. I'm glad the Broncos won that sweepstakes.

Ack... I apologize (to those who have him on ignore) for forgetting and quoting Macgruder. Edited to correct my oversight.

Tebow won his first playoff game against the Steelers D... Peyton didn't win his first playoff game until his 4th... and it was against the Broncos.

The reason peyton is so revered is the same reason he may be done.. because he is OLD.

You know what it says about all those people wanting Peyton including the Broncos? They are incredibly desperate and always take the seemingly safest course.. which is also why they are desperate.. because they have no guts.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, you don't want any bias. So just go ahead and ask the guys that spent 2011 acting like Tebow was the worst QB ever to wear an NFL uniform

http://beendelayed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Crying-Baby-Natural-High-for-Some-Moms.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Tebow won his first playoff game against the Steelers D... Peyton didn't win his first playoff game until his 4th... and it was against the Broncos.

The reason peyton is so revered is the same reason he may be done.. because he is OLD.

You know what it says about all those people wanting Peyton including the Broncos? They are incredibly desperate and always take the seemingly safest course.. which is also why they are desperate.. because they have no guts.

It's not because he's good that he's revered?

Strong take. Really good stuff.

Archer81
05-25-2012, 05:01 PM
you realize we had 3 critical games at the end of the 2011 regular season, right? Went 0 for 3 in them......

Every game is critical when you START 1-4.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
05-25-2012, 05:05 PM

I didn't know you could clinch the division in week 5.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-25-2012, 05:08 PM

We finished 1-4 too.

errand
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM

One could argue every game is critical since we only play 16............but winning games down the stretch when division title and playoffs are on the line are generally considered "critical"

Blueflame
05-25-2012, 05:45 PM
MacGruder, Peyton Manning is revered... and will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer... because he is one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL and he has earned the respect of fans, other players and coaches.

What's "desperate" is trashing Manning... and another NFL Hall of Fame QB (Elway)... in a failed effort to build up another QB who (to date) hasn't done enough on the field to deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as either.

DENVERDUI55
05-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Funny, since you were one of the first to pipe up as soon as this thread was resurrected (again) by the Teblowsers.

I'd say the haters' obsession is more disturbing than the fans'

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=38998 Enjoy! Your only football talk is TT. Rest is politics and other garbage. Don't hide from the truth your a TT fan not a bronco fan.

razorwire77
05-25-2012, 05:46 PM
OK.. so one receiver.. and he wasn't even that great and Tebow made him look great. The point is they moved Gaffney and Lloyd before Tebow even had a chance to prove himself. Of course the offense is screwed. The offense was screwed the previous season even with those guys.

So what's the excuse if Decker and or Thomas crush it in 2013 under Manning?

CEH
05-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Tebow was sacked 33 times in only 271 drop backs and fumbled 13 times.
and 6 INTs and 6 lost fumbles and 46 completion %

Tebow is only going to succeed if he can throw th ball. Doug Peterson was on the other day you know the Philly QB coach. They want Micheal Vick to be more of a drop back passer and not always try to do something with his legs if the play breaks down. 14 INTS and 4 Lost fumbles in 473 attempts. Way too many turnovers from the QB position. Philly had surprise interest in Manning.

I could see the same thing with Tebow. He will not succeed unless he can throw the football, avoid fumbles and INTs. His legs will not be a major factor in his success. His arm will

I'm not sure why Denver is taking so much heat. They want a drop back passer and believe after working with Tebow for a year and rearranging the offense they want to move on.

Imagine the actual practices if Tebow is launching screen passes 5 yards over the TEs head. That effects the whole teams preparation for the week.

This is not NFL Europe where you can devote 3 months to work with the kid.

I think they were moving on from Tebow with or without Manning watching and visiting every QB available t be drafted last year

Good to see Urban Meyer following Tebow around like a little puppy. Doesn't he have a program on probation to deal with not be at the JETS camp

I can separate Tebow the QB from Tebow the man. I think Elway and alot ton of other NFL teams can as well. The general public can't thats why the lead story on Sportcenter Thurdays for 15 minutes was the typical Tebow discussions following a JETS OTA. What a circus

CEH
05-26-2012, 07:57 AM
I don't know if Tebow will succeed or not but I think Mark Sanchez will fold up like a bad lawn chair this season and Tebow will be the starter at some point. What he does with the opportunity is totally on him

Jay3
05-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't know if Tebow will succeed or not but I think Mark Sanchez will fold up like a bad lawn chair this season and Tebow will be the starter at some point. What he does with the opportunity is totally on him

Sanchez is at least as good as Orton, and Sanchez is surrounded by a better team than the Orton Broncos, so Sanchez could be much more serviceable and even good.

We may be in for a tandem, where Tebow is truly the Brad Smith role (and I think the Jets will be a contending caliber team). The real fun may begin when Tebow's had a couple more years of development.

BroncoBeavis
05-26-2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=38998 Enjoy! Your only football talk is TT. Rest is politics and other garbage. Don't hide from the truth your a TT fan not a bronco fan.

Your link works about as well as your logic.

BroncoBeavis
05-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Our once proud franchise has become a joke and laughing stock of the league. Wr are on the levels of the Bengals, browns, bills, KC: and previous Oakland raiders. Until we get a competent owner and management this ship won't get fixed.

-September, 2011

Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
05-26-2012, 01:35 PM
-September, 2011

Hilarious!

It was true. Maybe not about Bowlen but we needed Elway to step in and get a legit QB and guess what he did. Still alot needs to be proved. Took you long enough to come up with something.

errand
05-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Sanchez is at least as good as Orton, and Sanchez is surrounded by a better team than the Orton Broncos, so Sanchez could be much more serviceable and even good.

We may be in for a tandem, where Tebow is truly the Brad Smith role (and I think the Jets will be a contending caliber team). The real fun may begin when Tebow's had a couple more years of development.

Yeah, but if Mark plays better than he has, and the Jets are comfortable with him as their "franchise QB", how is Tebow going to develop enough to become what his adoring fans think he already is?

right now, he'll play sparingly as far as throwing the ball is concerned....and become primarily a runner....which is his strength, no doubt.....but like you guys have crowed, he'll never get better if he doesn't actually get to play QB, now will he?

lod01
05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Tebow sucks and sucked the big one. All you tebowners, look at ya now. ;D

peacepipe
05-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah, but if Mark plays better than he has, and the Jets are comfortable with him as their "franchise QB", how is Tebow going to develop enough to become what his adoring fans think he already is?

right now, he'll play sparingly as far as throwing the ball is concerned....and become primarily a runner....which is his strength, no doubt.....but like you guys have crowed, he'll never get better if he doesn't actually get to play QB, now will he?

If Sanchez plays better & has a very good yr. tebow gets cut next yr. jets aren't going to pay tebow & pay sanchez.

DBroncos4life
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
If Sanchez plays better & has a very good yr. tebow gets cut next yr. jets aren't going to pay tebow & pay sanchez.

When we advanced Tebows bonus his contract became next to nothing.

http://www.jetnation.com/2012/03/25/tim-tebows-contract-details/

CEH
05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
So I'm wondering will team take cheap shots at Tebow on the punt team. Odds are you won't block a punt but you can put a hurt on the backup QB I'm guessing the NFL is ruthless like that

peacepipe
05-27-2012, 08:52 AM
So I'm wondering will team take cheap shots at Tebow on the punt team. Odds are you won't block a punt but you can put a hurt on the backup QB I'm guessing the NFL is ruthless like that

I doubt it,he didn't get any cheap shots as a starting QB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM

I think they ask him to switch positions if this happens. They already have asked him to do punt formations, if Sanchez plays up to his contract expectations tebow IMO would have a choice to make, switch positions or ask to be traded to a team that needs a QB

Butterscotch Stallion
05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Tebow sucks and sucked the big one. All you tebowners, look at ya now. ;D

You are a good poster.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-27-2012, 12:23 PM

he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.

peacepipe
05-27-2012, 03:19 PM
he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.your love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.

Jay3
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I've begun to sing the title of this thread to the tune of "Cleveland Rocks," that song that used to open the Drew Carey Show.

colonelbeef
05-28-2012, 06:42 AM
he could win the sb, and he would get traded. He looks different and likes jesus. Thats enough for most people to ignore his abilities. Look at this forum lately, its like the writers room at Glee in here with all the whiney **** bags.

Enough with the stupidity.

If he was a good QB, we would have kept him. You don't trade a cash register like Tebow unless you think he can't play.

Elway (and the NFL) thinks he can't play QB. The fact that he barely was able to get rid of him for a 4th says it all.

You Tebow clowns are too funny

CEH
05-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Enough with the stupidity.

If he was a good QB, we would have kept him. You don't trade a cash register like Tebow unless you think he can't play.

Elway (and the NFL) thinks he can't play QB. The fact that he barely was able to get rid of him for a 4th says it all.

You Tebow clowns are too funny

I think you need to change your sig. Good ole Ben found a job as some type of assistant from the Tampa Bay Bucs. Josh through BB through Schiano would be my guess. A favor so to speak. Can't believe we had this guy coaching QBs. He was not qualified at the time having just come off a HS gig in 2008. I know he completed 9 passes at What the f**k U. Another stupid move by Josh. I don't care what kind of power he yielded this was just pure lunacy

RedEyedJeti
05-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Who's Tebow?

TonyR
05-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Eric Decker:

On if there’s any sense of relief that the Tim Tebow circus is gone now:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/05/29/denver-broncos-eric-decker-tim-tebow-peyton-manning/

Jay3
05-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Eric Decker:

“Tebowmania. Yeah, obviously he’s earned the right to have conversations about him. I guess at the same time, to be honest with you it is nice just to kind of focus back on football, and we talk football and there’s not — there’s still a lot of excitement here with the football. I mean, he is a great teammate. I respect him greatly. But again, like you were saying, a lot of the focus right now is on football, is really talking about how we’re gonna form this team to win some ball games next year.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/05/29/denver-broncos-eric-decker-tim-tebow-peyton-manning/

It will be refreshing to get the topic back on winning football games, instead of whatever it was about when the Broncos had a 7-1 winning streak last year.

I've never understood all the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" attitude when the Broncos lost their ass for years before, and had a historic winning streak. It's totally foreseeable that there would be a taste of "circus" when that happens.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-29-2012, 08:37 AM
It will be refreshing to get the topic back on winning football games, instead of whatever it was about when the Broncos had a 7-1 winning streak last year.

I've never understood all the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" attitude when the Broncos lost their ass for years before, and had a historic winning streak. It's totally foreseeable that there would be a taste of "circus" when that happens.

You conveniently forget the 1-4 record to close the season, and that more than one person was responsible for the 7-1 streak.

But whatever. you can keep howling about Tebow. He's not coming back.

capt. Jack
05-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I hope Tebow wipes a booger on Sanchez on national tv like Brunnel did !!!!

Jay3
05-29-2012, 08:41 AM
You conveniently forget the 1-4 record to close the season, and that more than one person was responsible for the 7-1 streak.

But whatever. you can keep howling about Tebow. He's not coming back.

No I don't forget. There was plenty of coverage of it. And that also was about "winning football games," as in, the absence of winning them.

I just for the life of me don't understand what the heck people are remembering when they think there was some sort of sideshow about something other than winning last year -- this team, and this coaching staff, did everything it could to win games. That was the whole focus, and was the whole result for seven straight weeks.

I've been following the NFL since the 70's, and I'm usually unlucky with my teams (Falcons kid, adrift since). I don't remember ever winning 7 weeks straight before.

So I don't get the "back to talking about winning football games" theory.

55CrushEm
05-29-2012, 08:47 AM
you're love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.

55CrushEm
05-29-2012, 08:48 AM
you're love for tebow & the fact that you're a religous zealot blinds you to the fact that that he has no ability when it comes to being a QB.

CEH
05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Eric Decker:

Gee if a messagebaord has the Tebow circus on a daily basis I guess it not out of the question to assume the players have to deal with it as well

baja
05-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Yet Tebow still rules the Orange mane. LOL

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Eric Decker:

How can the focus be on football when every single reporter that shows up to interview the players continuously ask questions about Tebow? Then the player says that it's nice to not have to deal with the Tebow stuff. Hello McFly!!

But anyway, nice to see this thread is still kicking.

TonyR
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I just for the life of me don't understand...

Have you picked up on the theme that the Broncos players seem to be happy that Tebow isn't around any more? Sure, Tebow questions are still going to come up. But the media focus around the Broncos isn't about Tebow any more. It's about football. Check out the BS that's already going on in NY:

The tale of two New York football teams took an interesting turn on Thursday. The Giants and Jets held Organized Team Activity practices that day.

The Giants, the defending Super Bowl champions, were beginning to adjust to life without their third receiver, Mario Manningham, who left for San Francisco in free agency. In the morning workout, top wide receiver Hakeem Nicks went down with a broken bone in his foot. The Giants announced he would be out for as long as 12 weeks, which is dangerously close to the Sept. 5 season opener. Nicks is one of the Giants' eight or 10 most important players. A broken foot for a man who cuts and torques as much as an NFL wide receiver does ... dangerous.

The Jets, coming off a season in which they didn't make the playoffs, had Tim Tebow in practice for the first time he could be viewed in action by the media. Tebow is the backup quarterback to Mark Sanchez, but with the charisma Tebow has and the way Sanchez struggled last year, it could be a matter of time before Tebow challenges the incumbent. But no one in Jetland was giving any final quarterback grades eight weeks before training camp began. Tebow threw two interceptions early in the workout, and observers thought Sanchez was clearly the better quarterback on Thursday.

I charted the coverage given the two events in the five major local papers Friday -- the New York Times, Newsday, the New York Post, the New York Daily News and the (Bergen, N.J.) Record. You can predict the outcome.

Words devoted by the five major dailies to the Super Bowl champions losing their number one receiver, possibly for all of the offseason training and training camp, and perhaps threatening the start of his season: 2,104.

Words devoted by the five major dailies to Tebow's first practice visible to the media: 6,971.

So 23 percent of the football writing in Friday's papers in greater New York was devoted to a serious injury to a top player on the defending Super Bowl champions.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/05/27/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1wH7sttrE

HAT
05-29-2012, 09:06 AM

I've been following the NFL since the 70's, and I'm usually unlucky with my teams (Falcons kid, adrift since). I don't remember ever winning 7 weeks straight before.

It was 6, not 7. And you have to go all the way back in history to 2009 to find the Broncos last 6 game winning streak.

There was nothing historic about it. It was fun as hell, but not historic.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
It was 6, not 7. And you have to go all the way back in history to 2009 to find the Broncos last 6 game winning streak.

Ha!

baja
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
I think a bunch of you here owe TailgateNut an apology. He is a long time Bronco fan that has hosted tailgate parties year after year always refusing donations preferring to foot the cost himself. He expressed his dislike for Tebow as our QB and was called a BAD FAN. Most of the yahoos condemning him probably never even went to a game or never followed the Broncos pre Tebow. He was one of the best posters here yet he was crucified by the jonny come latelys. Hopefully most of you have left for Jets boards and will plague real Jet's fans with your insane adoration for one single player in a sport where it takes 22 to play the game effectively.

Those of you that are still here time it's to eat crow and apologize to TGN

bronco militia
05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
I think a bunch of you here owe TailgateNut an apology. He is a long time Bronco fan that has hosted tailgate parties year after year always refusing donations preferring to foot the cost himself. He expressed his dislike for Tebow as our QB and was called a BAD FAN. Most of the yahoos condemning him probably never even went to a game or never followed the Broncos pre Tebow. He was one of the best posters here yet he was crucified by the jonny come latelys. Hopefully most of you have left for Jets boards and will plague real Jet's fans with your insane adoration for one single player in a sport where it takes 22 to play the game effectively.

nahh, he had it coming. He had a a problem with fans cheering for tebow.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Have you picked up on the theme that the Broncos players seem to be happy that Tebow isn't around any more?

No.

It seems like they're glad to have Peyton Manning, which is an entirely different thing.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 10:12 AM

I wasn't rooting for the Broncos then, but I remember that streak -- it was a big deal. I was amazed that Josh McD was having such early success.

I don't consider it a run-of-the-mill thing.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 10:13 AM

It's not time at all. This thing is far from over.

Getting Peyton Manning was a no-brainer to me. He's a great quarterback. But the idea that the book is shut on Tebow? Not by a long shot.

BroncoBeavis
05-29-2012, 10:15 AM

Hey, good point. Next time TGN Neg Reps me for not joining in the continual Teebhate circlejerks around here, I'll make sure to 'pologize. :)

Oh, and I love people pretending to know who the 'real' Broncos fans are. There's a major contingent of real long-term Bronco fans out there who are pretty skeptical about this whole experiment.

Pretty ridiculous to call them out, saying they're not real fans just because they don't agree with you.

baja
05-29-2012, 10:16 AM
It's not time at all. This thing is far from over.

Getting Peyton Manning was a no-brainer to me. He's a great quarterback. But the idea that the book is shut on Tebow? Not by a long shot.

It is for the Broncos unless you think he is coming back.

TonyR
05-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I wasn't rooting for the Broncos then...

You weren't rooting for the Broncos in 2009? What caused you to suddenly become a fan? And if it was Tebow, are you staying?

Jay3
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
You weren't rooting for the Broncos in 2009? What caused you to suddenly become a fan? And if it was Tebow, are you staying?

I'm a disclosed Tebow follower -- been through the story so many times I won't repeat it here.

As to whether I'm "staying," this is the most fascinating development I've ever seen. Manning used to be one of my favorite players, and it kind of waned over the past few years. So I'll be following everything. But geniunely, it's mixed feelings. I won't be antagonistic or trolling, but I can't help but watch with anticipation and interest, whether the Broncos win, lose, or meh.

P.S. Don't anybody else bother with more or of the "I knew they would leave us" talk about the "real" fans directed towards me. You have no idea how pathetic it sounds from my vantage point. I've been polite the whole time, no interest in setting anyone straight, but it has been comical to watch.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM
It is for the Broncos unless you think he is coming back.

He's not coming back, but (1) the news will continue to be reported here, and discussed here, no matter what happens. If Tebow fails, there will be rejoicing. If he succeeds, there will be people trying to rub your nose in it; and (2) the point on the table was whether it was time to "apologize" to Tailgate Nut for "being right." I still think Tebow would have continued to win as a quarterback with the Broncos -- history just stepped in in the form of Peyton Manning.

oubronco
05-29-2012, 10:52 AM

I agree but he did rile up alot of feathers

errand
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey, good point. Next time TGN Neg Reps me for not joining in the continual Teebhate circlejerks around here, I'll make sure to 'pologize. :)

Oh, and I love people pretending to know who the 'real' Broncos fans are. There's a major contingent of real long-term Bronco fans out there who are pretty skeptical about this whole experiment.

Pretty ridiculous to call them out, saying they're not real fans just because they don't agree with you.

Yeah, like you got room to talk about neg repping others that disagree with others...LOL

baja
05-29-2012, 11:44 AM
He's not coming back, but (1) the news will continue to be reported here, and discussed here, no matter what happens. If Tebow fails, there will be rejoicing. If he succeeds, there will be people trying to rub your nose in it; and (2) the point on the table was whether it was time to "apologize" to Tailgate Nut for "being right." I still think Tebow would have continued to win as a quarterback with the Broncos -- history just stepped in in the form of Peyton Manning.

1.true for some. Most here like Tebow but understand the Broncos wanted to go in another direction, Peyton Manning direction. Likewise most here want Tebow to fulfill his dream.

2. The apology to TGN is not because he was right it's because the FO agrees with him in that Tim was not sufficiently developed for the FO to hang the future of the Broncos on. It's about the degree to which he was attacked. He is a 30 year fan and should have been allowed to have his opinion on Tebow's value to the Broncos. I love TT but I'm glad he is gone, the board is so much better these days (this thread excepted) or haven't you noticed?

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Robert Ayers?

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 12:22 PM
He is a 30 year fan and should have been allowed to have his opinion on Tebow's value to the Broncos.

Yeah, like this gem of an opinion of his.

Too bad Kuper got hurt instead of Timmy! We lost a viable player instead of a waste of roster space.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3442290#post3442290

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.

peacepipe
05-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.hmmm....do I defend a 30 yr fan or some fairweather fan that came on only because of tebow?

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Just one of hundreds of his worthless opinions on Tebow. But keep defending that jackass.

The first 5 words of each sentence of that TGN quote are right on the money. Kuper's a very valuable part of the offense and it was horrible that he was injured.

GreatBronco16
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
The first 5 words of each sentence of that TGN quote are right on the money.

Too bad he couldn't have just left it at those first 5 words. Nope, we heard more of this type of stuff from him untill he decided to grace us with his absense.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM

dear tailgate nut:

I am sorry you are such a biased, unintelligent, butthurt ****** who bases opinions off of bias and not fact. I am glad Tebow winning made you miserable as it was a fond time for me. Watching you cry will always bring joy to my heart superfan.

BroncoBeavis
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Awesome. TGNut(less) just negrepped me again.

55CrushEm
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Awesome. TGNut(less) just negrepped me again.

LOL. What a gutless turd.

But, hey......he's nuts about tailgates. So I'm supposed to respect his takes on wishing injury on our players.

Uh huh. Superfan.

peacepipe
05-29-2012, 01:13 PM
everyday I get up and remember teblow is not on the broncos anymore is another day I get to laugh at all you teblowites. another yr or two I'll get to laugh even harder when he's not even on an NFL roster.
he'll never be a starter & his rabid fans will make any team weery of wanting that type of distraction on there team.

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
OK... let's get back to topic and off the personal insults, please. :)

(damn I feel like a playground monitor... Ha! )

Archer81
05-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Glad to see this thread is right on schedule.

Drunk Monkey
05-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Glad to see this thread is right on schedule.

If all things Tebow are confined to this thread we are in good shape.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
everyday I get up and remember teblow is not on the broncos anymore is another day I get to laugh at all you teblowites. another yr or two I'll get to laugh even harder when he's not even on an NFL roster.
he'll never be a starter & his rabid fans will make any team weery of wanting that type of distraction on there team.

You are screaming to an empty room

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
If all things Tebow are confined to this thread we are in good shape.

Would be a good thing. In fairness to the tebowites, maybe put a ? after sucks in the title.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Would be a good thing. In fairness to the tebowites, maybe put a ? after sucks in the title.

wow! let's take a moment to recognize this beautiful post.

This is literally how this sight has been the last two years...
"Tebow blows and is a fullback"..
"um, he is raw and needs work but has performed well"
"stupid tebowners!"

Thank you for pointing out the double standard. I have done so many times, but I just keep getting banned.

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM

"stupid tebowners!"

Thank you for pointing out the double standard. I have done so many times, but I just keep getting banned.

Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM

"stupid tebowners!"

"tebow blows and is a fullback"
MacGruder "tebow is above you all and everyone is pathetic for not seeing his godly skills"
"stupid tebowners!"

I do think there would be less tebow fan hate if MacGruder never made a profile.

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM

"stupid tebowners!"

The flip side of that coin is:

"EFX is intentionally sabotaging Tebow's career"..

"John Elway is afraid that Tebow will break his records if he's given a real chance to succeed"..

"EFX is inexperienced and inept"..

"Fox sucks as a HC"..

"Elway sucks as a GM"..

There's been no "double standard"... both sides of the debate have been fully and freely aired.

HAT
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM

"John Elway is afraid that Tebow will break his records if he's given a real chance to succeed"..

"Fox sucks as a HC"..

"Elway sucks as a GM"..

There's been no "double standard"... both sides of the debate have been fully and freely aired.

You forgot..... "Bowlen is broke and issued a directive that Tebow is not to start so the team can side step contract escalators"

razorwire77
05-29-2012, 04:16 PM
You forgot..... "Bowlen is broke and issued a directive that Tebow is not to start so the team can side step contract escalators"

My favorite.

It combines two of the more asinine Bronco conspiracy theories of the past decade.

KO5K
05-29-2012, 04:16 PM

"Fox sucks as a HC"..

"Elway sucks as a GM"..

The last three all have arguments to be made for them. As far as I'm concerned, John Fox is 1-4 as the head coach of the Denver Broncos.

The first two are obviously ridiculous and only ever suggested by MacGruder. I'm not entirely sure why you guys allowed him to continue posting here, his only use was giving numbnuts like TGN some kind of lame excuse as to why they rooted against Tebow, but maybe that's why you kept him around, huh Blueflame? You wouldn't know how to moderate a 1 year old's birthday party even if someone smacked you round the face with a hefty book on how to do so.

CEH
05-29-2012, 04:17 PM

"Fox sucks as a HC"..

"Elway sucks as a GM"..

THe one I laugh at is Denver traded Jabar Gaffney which sabatoged Tebow recieving corp. Never mind LLoyd had no intention to play with Tebow and even said so after the was traded. Thought it was best for him to go somewhere else since the offense changed with Tebow

Even Royal wanted out and got his wish according to DJ's twitter

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 04:17 PM

LOL Yeah, I did forget that one...

Mild curiosity wonders if the Jest message boards have as... spirited... a Tebow debate as we used to have. Too bad that curiosity isn't stronger than "don't really care enough to put forth the effort to lurk there to find out".

razorwire77
05-29-2012, 04:21 PM
LOL Yeah, I did forget that one...

Mild curiosity wonders if the Jest message boards have as... spirited... a Tebow debate as we used to have. Too bad that curiosity isn't stronger than "don't really care enough to put forth the effort to lurk there to find out".

The main Jets board did a really smart thing and created a separate Tebow circus sub-forum.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Even Royal wanted out

lol

KO5K
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM

In my experience, one usually eats 'crow' when they are wrong.

If I remember correctly (do let me know if I am wrong), Kyle Orton led this team to 1-4 start before Tebow came in and led the team to a playoff victory.

To me (again, correct me if I'm mistaken), this would suggest that the 'superfan' was wrong in his predictions (wrong being an understatement, a more accurate reflection on his thoughts would be 'holy ****, this guy is a ****ing moron').

Even with all his might, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ just would not grant the 'superfan''s wish for Tebow to be injured and/or start losing some ****ing football games. Of course in doing this, the 'superfan' went completely against the normal acts of a 'superfan' or just general fan. (I think this is why people labelled him a 'bad fan' (again, correct me if I am wrong Baja)).

So to summarise:

- The 'superfan' - ****ing moron.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing the 'superfan' resume posting on these boards and I welcome his thoughts on the current direction of this team.

Blueflame
05-29-2012, 04:42 PM
THe one I laugh at is Denver traded Jabar Gaffney which sabatoged Tebow recieving corp. Never mind LLoyd had no intention to play with Tebow and even said so after the was traded. Thought it was best for him to go somewhere else since the offense changed with Tebow

Even Royal wanted out and got his wish according to DJ's twitter

Looking at it purely from a WR's perspective... because the coaches were more likely to call a running play than a passing play with Tebow as the starter, WR numbers were going to drop as their roles shifted to "run blocker". As is true of any player on the field, accolades such as being voted into the Pro Bowl do depend on the numbers. Face it; WRs who played most of their careers with QBs like Dan Marino or Drew Brees are going to have far better odds of making it to Canton than... say...Trent Dilfer's or Matt Cassel's WRs. Which brings the "Captain Obvious" observation that... of course our WRs are delighted at the opportunity to play with a QB the caliber of Manning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
The main Jets board did a really smart thing and created a separate Tebow circus sub-forum.

It's still in the embryonic stages. When the season comes around it will be full blown mayhem on their sites.

Shananahan
05-29-2012, 05:19 PM
I think a bunch of you here owe TailgateNut an apology. ... He expressed his dislike for Tebow as our QB and was called a BAD FAN. ... He was one of the best posters here yet he was crucified by the jonny come latelys.

This is hilarious revisionism. TGN turned into one of the most hateful, resentful and disgruntled whiners on the entire board over the Tebow debacle. Every post he made for more than a year was somehow laced with anger over the QB position, regardless of the thread topic. It was pathetic, annoying and distracting for the entire board. I don't remember him being anything but a regular fan pre-Tebow, but over the past two years he was nothing short of a misanthrope who diverted discussion and stubbornly pushed his opinion nonstop every bit as much as the Tebow fanboys he complained about.

A lot of people disagreed over Tebow, and most of them didn't turn into bitter objectors filling the forum with negativity.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 05:23 PM

He did not say so. Lloyd asked to be traded when Orton was still the starter. It was a result of his failure to reach agreement on a contract.

But this legend lives on because it seems to fit so well to some people.