PDA

View Full Version : 2012 targets

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Two players I'd like Denver to go after in offseason are Matt Flynn and Chris Ivory. Not sure if Ivory is a FA or not but he could be had for a trade. I'm done with Tebow full time QB let's get a guy who has been groomed. Tebow has use in certain packages but isn't the fulltime solution. We have nothing at rb other than Willis who has been good for us. I like ivory a lot.

bombay
01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Two players I'd like Denver to go after in offseason are Matt Flynn and Chris Ivory. Not sure if Ivory is a FA or not but he could be had for a trade. I'm done with Tebow full time QB let's get a guy who has been groomed. Tebow has use in certain packages but isn't the fulltime solution. We have nothing at rb other than Willis who has been good for us. I like ivory a lot.

The Broncos definitely need a QB, but Tebow can't be on the roster when they get one because the Teblowers are so insane.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM

Not sure how good Flynn would look if he were in an offense outside of Green Bay. Especially if it was Denver. I think he looks good in Green Bay with all the talent around him and superior passing system they have, but would struggle if he had, to be the man for 16 games. That said he is probably better than Tebow.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
LOL tim tebow. People actually thought he was going to be a capable QB despite the fact he's completely incapable of throwing the football.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Best bet is for Denver to trade up in their picks and somehow try to get RG3

bpc
01-01-2012, 03:23 PM
We need help at HB, TE, OL with Kuper going down, DL, and DB. Should be interesting to see how this draft shakes out.

Turd_Ferguson
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Why would you want to trade one running QB that relies too much on his athleticism for another?

McDman
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Flynn has had one good game, calm down.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Agree, but he proved in one game that he has more passing ability than Tebow will probably ever have.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Why would you want to trade one running QB that relies too much on his athleticism for another?

Saying RG3 is a "running" QB is about as accurate as saying Aaron Rodgers is a running QB. Which is to say it's accurate AND a red herring.

backup qb
01-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Ben grubbs please

peacepipe
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM

2 games. in his other start last yr he was 40-66 for 433 yds

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM

He has looked good whenever he has played.

Broncobiv
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Tebow has started 15 games in his career. He has had 0 offseasons training as the starter, 0 full offseasons with the current coaching staff, and only one full offseason overall (as a rookie). All of you who are willing to give up on him are just ridiculous. He has definitely shown enough this year to have earned the starting spot in 2012, and that includes an entire offseason training program as the starter. If he sucks in 2012? Fine, move on. But not yet.

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM

If they are trading, they are going to the top.

Ratboy
01-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Tebow has started 15 games in his career. He has had 0 offseasons training as the starter, 0 full offseasons with the current coaching staff, and only one full offseason overall (as a rookie). All of you who are willing to give up on him are just ridiculous. He has definitely shown enough this year to have earned the starting spot in 2012, and that includes an entire offseason training program as the starter. If he sucks in 2012? Fine, move on. But not yet.

Why not move on now? He has shown ZERO progress as a passer.

Matt Flynn comes in without any reps and throws 5 Touchdowns, 400+ yards. Hilarious!

Detriot Lions were right. Tebow is a joke of a QB.

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 06:57 PM

And he has a long way to go to even get to orton level.

Play2win
01-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Matt Barkley for 2013 Target.

****, trade our first rounder this year, so we have 2 first rounders in 2013.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Our season isnt even over yet.

maher_tyler
01-01-2012, 07:00 PM

Exactly. Flynn has a couple of good games on an offense like that and people go nuts over him, smh. Barkley and Jones are both staying in school for the Senior seasons, they could be had in the 2013 draft.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Matt Flynn comes in without any reps and throws 5 Touchdowns, 400+ yards.

I must admit that I'm intrigued by the whole Matt Flynn possibility. Particularly if he can be acquired via FA without giving anything up.

Pontius Pirate
01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Matt Flynn is suddenly the most sought after back-up QB prospect following one good game since Kevin Kolb had one good game against Atlanta last year.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Matt Flynn is suddenly the most sought after back-up QB prospect following one good game since Kevin Kolb had one good game against Atlanta last year.

Yup, which is why you think long and hard before giving up much acquire him like Arizona did with Kolb.

peacepipe
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Matt Flynn is suddenly the most sought after back-up QB prospect following one good game since Kevin Kolb had one good game against Atlanta last year.or matt schaub. Although if we brought in matt flynn we would need to get rid of McCoy since he doesn't run a WC offense.

elsid13
01-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Yup, which is why you think long and hard before giving up much acquire him like Arizona did with Kolb.

He is unrestricted FA I believe, so we are talking about FA dollars vs draft picks.

WolfpackGuy
01-01-2012, 07:11 PM

And the fact that Skelton has looked better makes that deal look even worse.

Broncoman13
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Not sure what direction this team should go. The offense rarely has WRs in position to make plays, but on the rare occasion that they get open, Tebow is afraid to pull the trigger. Partially b/c he's been coached not to make mistakes, partially b/c he isn't really physically capable of making accurate throws at this point.

The way the ball comes out of his hand, I'm not sure he'll ever get there. Tebow is one of my favorite players in the league right now, but I am not seeing him as an everydown QB. Gimmick QB, redzone and short yardage packages, but not full time.

Flynn would be a very good option. Good athleticism, has learned under a premiere offense, staff, and arguably the best QB in the league right now. That is some pretty good tutelage.

Ivory, meh. I think he is good, but not the difference maker we need. What we need is a Trent Richardson type in the backfield. Somebody that can really take over a game.

TonyR
01-01-2012, 07:13 PM
He is unrestricted FA I believe, so we are talking about FA dollars vs draft picks.

Yup, which means it may become something of a bidding war. You're going to have to pay to get him. Big risk with a possible big return. Would be really nice to use draft picks on other positions.

glenwillett
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Dre Kilpatrick
Ray Rice/Matt Forte

/list

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Except Flynn has been groomed in a great system that has developed players. I'd roll the dice on him and we wouldn't be trading picks and players like AZ did.

extralife
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
gotta say the fact that flynn is a free agent makes it real tempting. I mean the Broncos pretty much have to look into it, right?

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Anyone think Flynn will be franchised?

rugbythug
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM

They would probably loose their tight end if they did

Shananahan
01-01-2012, 07:55 PM
http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/michael-bush1.jpg

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
My targets would be QB, FB, WR, TE, KR, DT, MLB, CB

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM
They would probably loose their tight end if they did

Good point. Heard it on the radio this evening. If they did, it is 2 1's compensation right? In that scenario, you might as well add whatever else is need to go after Luck or RG3

glenwillett
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
A TE who actually knows how to block would be nice too. I mean we have two former basketball players and a guy in Fells who has never been known for his blocking.

I don't want another total stiff like Robert Quinn but at least someone who is somewhat of a dual threat so we don't have to run Chris Clark out there and announce him as and eligible receiver in 3 TE sets and totally give away that a run or screen is coming.

ward63
01-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I'd love to just have the 2008 offense back. Plain and simple. A workhorse RB, solid QB play, receiving TE threat, big WR to utilize the other WRs. That being said, we need another RB, TE, WR. #2 Corner and DL imo need to be addressed majorly. Goodman is done and Harris needs to stay in the nickel. Bunkley and Thomas need another guy or two to rotate in with them in the middle.

BroncoMan4ever
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
The Broncos definitely need a QB, but Tebow can't be on the roster when they get one because the Teblowers are so insane.

exactly.

Denver is in a ****ed up QB situation. they aren't sold on Tebow who is regressing before our eyes, but they can't trade him or his fans will freak the hell out. they can't bring in a replacement with a legit shot to start, because again the legion of Tebowmaniacs will riot and destroy the confidence of a young prospect because he isn't Tebow.

Doggcow
01-01-2012, 11:47 PM
He has looked good whenever he has played.

With an AMAZING supporting cast...

God I wish our WR's made some of the catches I see other's make. Hell, if they caught the ones that hit them in the hands easy that would be great.

GreatBronco16
01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
exactly.

Denver is in a ****ed up QB situation. they aren't sold on Tebow who is regressing before our eyes, but they can't trade him or his fans will freak the hell out. they can't bring in a replacement with a legit shot to start, because again the legion of Tebowmaniacs will riot and destroy the confidence of a young prospect because he isn't Tebow.

Oh give it a rest allready. Tebow deserves this offseason with the same coaching staff and next year. If he doesn't get better, then get rid of him.

Everyone knew he would be a 2-3 year project, yet everyone expects him to be all world right now in his what 16th or so start. Come on, we can't just get rid of every QB that isn't the next Manning or Brady after so little time as a starter.

Doggcow
01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh give it a rest allready. Tebow deserves this offseason with the same coaching staff and next year. If he doesn't get better, then get rid of him.

Everyone knew he would be a 2-3 year project, yet everyone expects him to be all world right now in his what 16th or so start. Come on, we can't just get rid of every QB that isn't the next Manning or Brady after so little time as a starter.

Hell, even Manning wasn't Manning after year 1.

Rolandftw
01-02-2012, 12:36 AM

So, they should go with another full season of Tebow in 2012 no matter what? No thanks.

Dexter
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Hell, even Manning wasn't Manning after year 1.

This. I'm not saying Tebow will ever be close to what Manning is throwing the football, but he doesn't need to be. If Tebow ever becomes just an AVERAGE passer, then he'll become deadly with his legs. His legs are useless if that's all the defense has to focus on (obviously herp derp).

Give the guy an actual off-season to work with NFL coaches, and receivers as the starter before we give up on him. Unless someone like Jacksonville makes you an offer you can't refuse, this city and the Tebow fan base will go NUTS.

What we really need is an offensive coordinator smarter than McCoy. I'm not blaming all of the offensive woes on him, but his playcalling is HORRENDUS. You can't tell me we can't draw up some short passing plays to our running backs or tight ends that Tebow can hit on a regular basis. Also, running on first down seemingly EVERY time is getting old. Our playcalling is so predictable that there is NO WONDER that our whole offense has zero rhythm.

Our TE and RBs are so under utilized in the passing game it makes me sick.

So 2012 Targets should be

1) New OC/QB coach
2) Backup QB in rounds 3-7
3) A reliable change of pace RB. (As much as I appreciate the effort by Lance Ball and Johnson, we could do much better.)

IF Tebow totally flops next Sunday, and IF Elway has the guts to get rid of him, Flynn would be a nice trial for a year. I don't think after the whole Kolb debacle anyone is going to give him a monster contract even after that one great game. Trade TT to the Jags for a 2nd or whatever you can get and keep building the defense/running game.

But those are just my 2 cents and what do I know

Rolandftw
01-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I think we have multiple needs that need to be addressed in both free agency and the draft. First, I think we need to resign Bunkley. Need to find a way to pair him with another young DT. If we targeted one in the draft, I'd be okay with Devon Still (Penn State). Unsure if he'd be available where we picked though.

CB is a big concern for the team, but there are a lot of good CB's available both in free agency and trade. I've said this for a while, but I'd target Brandon Carr if I were the Broncos. He has ideal size and speed for the position, has gotten better every year imo and will continue to do so most likely. KC is more likely to spend a franchise tag on Bowe, as he's probably a top 10 WR and one that would be integral to their offense.

KC has already spent quite a bit of money on Flowers and might be hesitant to break the bank on another corner and Bowe.

If the opportunity were to arise, I'd try to add another pass rusher. Both Dumervil and Miller are not nearly as effective when one is hurt. I'm not confident they will both go through a season with that happening. Ayers has been a disappointment at least at getting after the QB. If Denver has an opportunity to get a veteran like Robert Mathis, I'd go for it.

Denver also needs MLB depth if they are not confident in Irving being the starter next season. Mays is a free agent, so Denver will have to decide whether to upgrade the position there or not.

Offensively, we need depth at RB, QB, WR and TE. Not going to probably happen in one offseason.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Everyone knew he would be a 2-3 year project, yet everyone expects him to be all world right now in his what 16th or so start. Come on, we can't just get rid of every QB that isn't the next Manning or Brady after so little time as a starter.he has had plenty of time,you don't need 3-4 yrs of development to figure out wether a player is QBOTF. Tebow has played like crap for a majority of the games hes played in,55 minutes of crap QB play waiting for the opposing team to switch to a prevent defense. which seems to be the only defense tebow is able to read. That against **** teams with no offense.
You guys do realize that teams have figured out that if you make tebow play the actual position of QB that he falls flat on his face.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM

Matt Flynn comes in without any reps 4 pro-bowl caliber receivers and throws 6 Touchdowns, 400+ yards. Hilarious!

There, fixed it for you

Mouth
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
he has had plenty of time,you don't need 3-4 yrs of development to figure out wether a player is QBOTF. Tebow has played like crap for a majority of the games hes played in,55 minutes of crap QB play waiting for the opposing team to switch to a prevent defense. which seems to be the only defense tebow is able to read. That against **** teams with no offense.
You guys do realize that teams have figured out that if you make tebow play the actual position of QB that he falls flat on his face.

You're right. Since TT only got us to the playoffs we should get one of those QB's sitting at home.

Mouth

Pony Boy
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
You f *****ers didn't even know Flynn's name until yesterday and now he's the answer to all our problems .....

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
You f *****ers didn't even know Flynn's name until yesterday and now he's the answer to all our problems .....I saw him last yr as well. he's played great at every opportunity.not saying he's the answer, but a better option.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I saw him last yr as well. he's played great at every opportunity.not saying he's the answer, but a better option.

Matt Cassel Also played pretty well as Brady's backup. How has he been doing since then? Don't be fooled by how well a QB plays with awesome WR's and TE's.

Mouth

Agamemnon
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM
It's amazing to me that it doesn't occur to people that Flynn is a well-coached QB and Tebow is so far from it that it's not even funny. Tebow looked better as a rookie under an interim coach than he does now. How does that not fall on the Broncos coaching staff? How can anyone watch Tebow play not immediately ask themselves "does this guy even get any coaching week to week, and if so what the **** are they teaching him?"

In the end, Tebow may simply not be good enough to be an NFL starter, but I think any honest person can say they've seen enough talent in the kid to expect more than what we are seeing right now. And that falls on the coaches, especially considering we all know Tebow will do whatever he's told and has a ridiculous work ethic.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Matt Cassel Also played pretty well as Brady's backup. How has he been doing since then? Don't be fooled by how well a QB plays with awesome WR's and TE's.

Mouthfor every matt cassel there is a matt schaub.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 12:44 PM
It's amazing to me that it doesn't occur to people that Flynn is a well-coached QB and Tebow is so far from it that it's not even funny. Tebow looked better as a rookie under an interim coach than he does now. How does that not fall on the Broncos coaching staff? How can anyone watch Tebow play not immediately ask themselves "does this guy even get any coaching week to week, and if so what the **** are they teaching him?"

In the end, Tebow may simply not be good enough to be an NFL starter, but I think any honest person can say they've seen enough talent in the kid to expect more than what we are seeing right now. And that falls on the coaches, especially considering we all know Tebow will do whatever he's told and has a ridiculous work ethic.it's amazing that it doesn't occur to you that teblow isn't cut out to be a QB in the NFL. Fox didn't have any problems with delhomme throwing the ball in carolina but all of the suden he has a problem throwing the ball with tebow. Tebow is a very limited Player & the coaching staff know it.

Play2win
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
it's amazing that it doesn't occur to you that teblow isn't cut out to be a QB in the NFL. Fox didn't have any problems with delhomme throwing the ball in carolina but all of the suden he has a problem throwing the ball with tebow. Tebow is a very limited Player & the coaching staff know it.

Yeah, its pretty ****ing bad when Delhomme would be a godsend. Yeah, Jake mother****ing Delhomme...

Mouth
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
for every matt cassel there is a matt schaub.

You've proven my point. He has offensive weapons. If you can start 3 different QB's and end up with a 10-6 record it's not your QB that's winning you games. Fun fact, Texans are 4th in rush D and 3rd in Pass D.

Mouth

CEH
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Why is there this belief that t all the other 31 teams had Tebow rated as a QB prospect and would be dying to work with him. Maybe 2-3 including Denver thought he could play QB. McD was fired and CLEV GM had high praise for Tebow before the draft and Holgrem can coach up QBs.Chan Gailiey developed Slash and they were another team , NE wanted Tebow though I not convinced they wanted him as a full time QB moere as a package guy

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
You've proven my point. He has offensive weapons. If you can start 3 different QB's and end up with a 10-6 record it's not your QB that's winning you games. Fun fact, Texans are 4th in rush D and 3rd in Pass D.

Mouth

not really,considering they were a 3-3 team without schaub. losing to the likes of the colts & jags. schaub had them so far ahead in the division that they could afford to lose a couple games. along with the fact that andre johnson didn't play most of the season & foster being out quite a few games as well. houston would likely be looking at a bye week in the playoffs if it wasn't for schaubs injury. again most of his & yates weapons were riding the bench due to injuries all season.

Rohirrim
01-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I still think that Tebow has shown enough to at least get an offseason and next season to see if he can get it together. I don't know if a guy with his kind of issues can overcome them enough to play in the pros, but with Tebow you at least know it won't be a lack of effort that does him in. Definitely, the Broncos should bring in a vet as a backup, but Flynn would be too expensive and would be an immediate long term investment. Like somebody said, he's had one, good game. Tebow's intangibles are still off the charts, it's just a matter of getting his passing game together.

I would like to see the Broncos draft some support for Tebow. For one, that 6'6" TE from Stanford, Fleener and the fastest deep threat they can find at WR. Plus, it would be nice to have a super-fast, small back for a change up back. Give him some weapons and a solid offseason of development and see if he can make it. The good thing about Tebow is his attitude. You know he'll give it everything he's got to make it happen. If it's obvious he can't improve by the end of next season, go after Barkley.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
not really,considering they were a 3-3 team without schaub. losing to the likes of the colts & jags. schaub had them so far ahead in the division that they could afford to lose a couple games. along with the fact that andre johnson didn't play most of the season & foster being out quite a few games as well. houston would likely be looking at a bye week in the playoffs if it wasn't for schaubs injury. again most of his & yates weapons were riding the bench due to injuries all season.

Yet somehow they managed to be #2 in rushing. I haven't looked at the statistics, but I'd be willing to bet the farm that they had around 75% of the rushing attempts that we did. I'm not saying that TT is the best QB in the league, but I have 2 arguments as to why we can't trade for a QB.

1) WE don't have anybody that any other team wants except Miller, Doomerville, Prater, or Britt.

2) With so many holes around the rest of the team, we can't afford to even trade draft picks.

Mouth

Edit: also the saints lost to the rams, time to trade drew

ppablo
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
You f *****ers didn't even know Flynn's name until yesterday and now he's the answer to all our problems .....

great point!

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM

BS I've seen him since LSU. He outplayed Brohm into the 2nd QB position. He would be better than Tebow right now without a doubt. That doesn't mean he would be great though.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Yet somehow they managed to be #2 in rushing. I haven't looked at the statistics, but I'd be willing to bet the farm that they had around 75% of the rushing attempts that we did. I'm not saying that TT is the best QB in the league, but I have 2 arguments as to why we can't trade for a QB.

1) WE don't have anybody that any other team wants except Miller, Doomerville, Prater, or Britt.

2) With so many holes around the rest of the team, we can't afford to even trade draft picks.

Mouth

Edit: also the saints lost to the rams, time to trade drewWe don't have a problem running the ball. throwing on the otherhand is another story.
I don't advocate trading tebow,i'd advocate releasing him.
alot of holes could be filled via FA & mid-late round draft picks. as long as tebow is the QB the only place your going to get a WR or TE is in the draft. FA WRs &TEs will avoid us like the plague.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
We don't have a problem running the ball. throwing on the otherhand is another story.
I don't advocate trading tebow,i'd advocate releasing him.
alot of holes could be filled via FA & mid-late round draft picks. as long as tebow is the QB the only place your going to get a WR or TE is in the draft. FA WRs &TEs will avoid us like the plague.

Who is going to be a FA QB that we want? My point is that we have no leverage to trade for a QB and we're not in a position to draft one.

Mouth

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Who is going to be a FA QB that we want? My point is that we have no leverage to trade for a QB and we're not in a position to draft one.

Mouthhence why matt flynn is being discussed.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
2012 Free Agent QB's

Drew Brees (NO)
Matt Flynn (GB)
Alex Smith (SF)
Kyle Orton (DEN)
Jason Campbell (OAK)
Donovan McNabb (MIN)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN/KC)
David Garrard (FA)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted
Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Tyler Palko (KC) - Restricted
Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted
Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

Ok the only person on that list that will be a starter next year is Matt Flynn (Yes Drew will start, but he's not going anywhere) and the only person on that list I would want is Flynn. Can we at least agree that the only thing we have as trade bait are draft picks, and we can't afford to trade those because we need them to fill holes?

Mouth

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
hence why matt flynn is being discussed.

I'm not sure I am comfortable paying what he is going to go for.

Mouth

Br0nc0Buster
01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I think the team plans on going with Tebow as the starter for next year, and prolly trying to bring in a veteran backup in case he comes into camp again not knowing how to go through progressions again

But Nick Foles seems like a guy Elway might have interest in
Big strong armed Pac 12 pocket passer

I wouldnt be shocked if he is there for us in the 2nd and we take him

The Luck, RGIII talk is just a pipe dream, no way we give up future drafts to move up for them

dont really care about Flynn, would rather let some other team roll the dice on him

Punisher
01-02-2012, 03:11 PM

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/smh.gif

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/smh.gif

ok I lol'd

Mouth

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Best bet is for Denver to trade up in their picks and somehow try to get RG3if you're going to trade up that high you might as well go for Luck.

bigbucks24
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM

What do you think it takes for the Broncos to trade from the 23rd pick to the 3rd pick? With the Browns picking 4th, I figure they take RGIII, so Denver will have to get in front of them.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
What do you think it takes for the Broncos to trade from the 23rd pick to the 3rd pick? With the Browns picking 4th, I figure they take RGIII, so Denver will have to get in front of them.

I want somebody to tell me who we have that another team wants, that you would be ok with trading away for the HOPE that RG3 will be the answer.

Mouth

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM

i agree he earned the right to try for the starting job next year. however his play has not been so good that he shouldn't be challenged for the spot. but his legion of followers are so blind to that; that any vet brought in to compete, any rookie drafted to compete is instantly going to become public enemy number 1 in the eyes of the Teboners, because he that guy is hear to take Tebow's job.

and really at what time is it ok to bring in a replacement? look at our roster. Dawkins is probably done, Champ probably has 3 years left, DJ is a couple years away from no longer being a Bronco Goodman is probably good as gone. big parts of our team are going to be gone in the next few years and the longer the indecision of who the QB for this franchise continues, the longer this team has to continue being mediocre.

that is every Tebow fans argument when he is criticized. "you just don't like him because he isn't Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Manning already. These guys weren't as good as they are now at the point in their careers that Tim is at now."

no, i am just critical of a sub 50% completion percentage, the way that over the last month he can't take care of the ball, that against KC he many times looked scared to throw the ball

and also yes everyone knew he was a project, but hear at the end of his 2nd season as a pro, he has not improved. in fact if the last month is any indication, he has regressed. the fact that there is so little to no improvement in his game after 2 years is worrisome.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I think the team plans on going with Tebow as the starter for next year, and prolly trying to bring in a veteran backup in case he comes into camp again not knowing how to go through progressions again

But Nick Foles seems like a guy Elway might have interest in
Big strong armed Pac 12 pocket passer

I wouldnt be shocked if he is there for us in the 2nd and we take him

The Luck, RGIII talk is just a pipe dream, no way we give up future drafts to move up for them

dont really care about Flynn, would rather let some other team roll the dice on him

i tell you if Tebow looks terrible again next week, i would bet that Denver takes Foles or Tannehill in the 1st round. and of the 2 i would take Foles.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM

no way in hell will he get franchised, unless it is done in an effort to get something for him in a trade.

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Do the Broncos plan to employ a wide open passing attack anytime soon? If not, then why would they want guys like Griffin or even Flynn? You don't draft or trade for QB's who are used to playing in a certain system and put them in an offense designed to manage the game which is pretty much all Fox's offenses have been in the NFL.

Mouth
i agree he earned the right to try for the starting job next year. however his play has not been so good that he shouldn't be challenged for the spot. but his legion of followers are so blind to that; that any vet brought in to compete, any rookie drafted to compete is instantly going to become public enemy number 1 in the eyes of the Teboners, because he that guy is hear to take Tebow's job.

and really at what time is it ok to bring in a replacement? look at our roster. Dawkins is probably done, Champ probably has 3 years left, DJ is a couple years away from no longer being a Bronco Goodman is probably good as gone. big parts of our team are going to be gone in the next few years and the longer the indecision of who the QB for this franchise continues, the longer this team has to continue being mediocre.

that is every Tebow fans argument when he is criticized. "you just don't like him because he isn't Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Manning already. These guys weren't as good as they are now at the point in their careers that Tim is at now."

no, i am just critical of a sub 50% completion percentage, the way that over the last month he can't take care of the ball, that against KC he many times looked scared to throw the ball

and also yes everyone knew he was a project, but hear at the end of his 2nd season as a pro, he has not improved. in fact if the last month is any indication, he has regressed. the fact that there is so little to no improvement in his game after 2 years is worrisome.

Why even worry about a QB this year? We can't draft one, so lets just stick with TT and fill all the other gaps we know about. The best QB in college is going back to USC for another season anyway, so lets get him next year if TT doesn't improve.

Mouth

barryr
i tell you if Tebow looks terrible again next week, i would bet that Denver takes Foles or Tannehill in the 1st round. and of the 2 i would take Foles.

Any team taking either of those 2 in the 1st round should be fired immediately.

bigbucks24
Trade TT to the Jags for a 2nd or whatever you can get and keep building the defense/running game.

Was that a typo?

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Any team taking either of those 2 in the 1st round should be fired immediately.

it's going to be the Locker, Gabbert situation. QBs always go earlier than they should. if we got Foles or Tannehill i would much rather get them in the 2nd or later, but if Elway and Fox really like one of them, they will probably need to pull the trigger on them in the 1st.

canadianbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 03:36 PM

Finally someone said it, thank you

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
it's going to be the Locker, Gabbert situation. QBs always go earlier than they should. if we got Foles or Tannehill i would much rather get them in the 2nd or later, but if Elway and Fox really like one of them, they will probably need to pull the trigger on them in the 1st.

With the holes on this team, drafting such a QB who will not be ready in the NFL in the first round would be stupid to say the least.

BroncoMan4ever

technically you are right, but if we couldn't beat Buffalo, KC, and couldn't even hang with New England, Detroit, Green Bay through the 3rd quarter, we have no chance against Pittsburgh.

Mouth
Finally someone said it, thank you

So if we win the SB we don't get a draft pick next year?

Mouth

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
With the holes on this team, drafting such a QB who will not be ready in the NFL in the first round would be stupid to say the least.

no doubt. i prefer us go DT, MLB, CB route in the first 3 rounds. but i am no longer sold on Tebow. someone needs to be brought in and sadly after Luck and Griffin there isn't much to get too excited about.

canadianbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
2012 Free Agent QB's

Alex Smith (SF)

Brady Quinn (DEN/KC)

Ok the only person on that list that will be a starter next year is Matt Flynn (Yes Drew will start, but he's not going anywhere) and the only person on that list I would want is Flynn. Can we at least agree that the only thing we have as trade bait are draft picks, and we can't afford to trade those because we need them to fill holes?

Mouth

I don't think Alex Smith isn't going to be starting next year either. And why is Quinn Den/KC?

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
no doubt. i prefer us go DT, MLB, CB route in the first 3 rounds. but i am no longer sold on Tebow. someone needs to be brought in and sadly after Luck and Griffin there isn't much to get too excited about.

I have no doubts they will look at QB at some point, but a rookie QB will not be ready to play especially in this type of generic offense that was hardly some complex scheme when Orton was at QB. The defense, while improving from last to the 20's, still have many problems.

canadianbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
So if we win the SB we don't get a draft pick next year?

Mouth

This thread is far from discussing draft picks. 90% of it is Tebow sucks and bring in Flynn. Every time we discuss draft picks, at ANY position, it gets put back on who to replace Tebow with who's already in the NFL.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't think Alex Smith isn't going to be starting next year either. And why is Quinn Den/KC?

That was my edit and I was thinking Orton. Sorry. Alex Smith also isn't going anywhere along with Drew.

Mouth

Edit: Also I'm ignoring most of the tebowners and tebow-haters and trying to have a descent discussion. It's quite difficult I'll grant you that.

elsid13
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I have no doubts they will look at QB at some point, but a rookie QB will not be ready to play especially in this type of generic offense that was hardly some complex scheme when Orton was at QB. The defense, while improving from last to the 20's, still have many problems.

That makes no sense, this offense is extremely simple and with run first method is best offense for rookie QB to come in and be successful.

DarkHorse
01-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Still want to see Adam Weber play - he got completely screwed during pre-season with the whole Orton/Tebow/Quinn fiasco.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7UgblJzLtzM/TDtbPLwO8EI/AAAAAAAAAO0/WVqO-4FXhTI/s1600/Aweber.jpg

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Still want to see Adam Weber play - he got completely screwed during pre-season with the whole Orton/Tebow/Quinn fiasco.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7UgblJzLtzM/TDtbPLwO8EI/AAAAAAAAAO0/WVqO-4FXhTI/s1600/Aweber.jpg

Is that you Adam?

Mouth

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM

this is the perfect offense to start a rookie QB in. not asked to do too much, very run oriented scheme, that will take pressure off and allow a rookie to grow. and sadly even though both Foles and Tannehill would be reaches in the 1st, their passing ability would be an upgrade to this team, and would actually make around 20 pass attempts a game worthwhile.

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
That makes no sense, this offense is extremely simple and with run first method is best offense for rookie QB to come in and be successful.

And when teams put 8 in the box, then what? Throw deep pass patterns, assuming the QB is still standing?

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:51 PM
i actually think this is the perfect offense to start a rookie QB in. not asked to do too much, very run oriented scheme, that will take pressure off and allow a rookie to grow. and sadly even though both Foles and Tannehill would be reaches in the 1st, their passing ability would be an upgrade to this team, and would actually make around 20 pass attempts a game worthwhile.

Not when teams stack the line, like they do Tebow. Sorry, but guys like Sanchez and Freeman have been in the NFL for 3 years now and 1st round picks, and have passing ability, yet how are they doing lately? And they both are in conservative offenses to boot.

gunns
I don't have a problem giving Tebow another year as he hasn't had an off season to be worked with. BUT, I very much want another QB brought in here, by the draft. I'm tired of hearing "then we can make that adjustment in 2013 if he doesn't work out". By then 14 years of mediocrity is too much. It's already too much.

BroncoMan4ever
And when teams put 8 in the box, then what? Throw deep pass patterns, assuming the QB is still standing?

teams are putting 8 in the box because Tebow is not accurate and the staff has no belief in his passing ability. if they bring in a QB they like and believe can throw, the offense would be more balanced and defenses would be unable to continually keep 8 or even 9 in the box every play, for fear of getting burned.

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:54 PM
teams are putting 8 in the box because Tebow is not accurate and the staff has no belief in his passing ability. if they bring in a QB they like and believe can throw, the offense would be more balanced and defenses would be unable to continually keep 8 or even 9 in the box every play, for fear of getting burned.

So is that working for guys like Sanchez and Freeman, both 1st round QB's? But that will be certain to work for guys like Tannehill and Foles?

elsid13
01-02-2012, 03:54 PM

No you throw quick outs like both Tannehill (pro style WCO)and Foles (Air Raid) do out of their college scheme. Tebow can not make that throw for some reason. Of the two I like Tannehill coming in and being able to start early in his career; he's very comparable to Locker/Cutler. Foles will need more time to adjust to the pro game but he is Matt Schaub clone in my eyes.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Or maybe ....... just maybe it's because ......... 75% of the time if you guess run you are right. It also doesn't hurt to be playing against receivers that my grandmother could single cover.

Mouth

canadianbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
That was my edit and I was thinking Orton. Sorry. Alex Smith also isn't going anywhere along with Drew.

Mouth

Edit: Also I'm ignoring most of the tebowners and tebow-haters and trying to have a descent discussion. It's quite difficult I'll grant you that.

Okay fair enough. Personally I'd have to ask why we would draft a QB, especially in the first round. I think we have to go after a great person for our OL or secondary.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Okay fair enough. Personally I'd have to ask why we would draft a QB, especially in the first round. I think we have to go after a great person for our OL or secondary.

I think we have a young O line and the primary need is to find a replacement for Dawkins and Bailey. After that LB and D line are my picks for UG. We can pick up a WR or TE in Free-Agency. I'm convinced that there are unselfish good receivers out there that will play for the broncos.

Mouth

barryr
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
No you throw quick outs like both Tannehill (pro style WCO)and Foles (Air Raid) do out of their college scheme. Tebow can not make that throw for some reason. Of the two I like Tannehill coming in and being able to start early in his career; he's very comparable to Locker/Cutler. Foles will need more time to adjust to the pro game but he is Matt Schaub clone in my eyes.

Then if that easy, you need to tell that to the Jets and Tampa who both have young, 1st round QB's who have been in the NFL for 3 years now and not getting that much better and both of those guys had more distinguished college careers than Tannehill or Foles. In fact, Tannehill began his college career as a WR, so expecting him to come right into the NFL and play right away effectively is quite a dream IMO.

ColoradoDarin
01-02-2012, 04:01 PM
If GB had started Flynn against KC, they would still be undefeated.

GB should start Flynn in their next game.

Flynn gives GB the best chance to win.

GB has a QB controversy on their hands now!

Maybe GB should trade Brady and start Cassel, I mean trade Rodgers and start Flynn.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Not when teams stack the line, like they do Tebow. Sorry, but guys like Sanchez and Freeman have been in the NFL for 3 years now and 1st round picks, and have passing ability, yet how are they doing lately? And they both are in conservative offenses to boot.

Sanchez is a marginal passer at best. Freeman is alright but he makes too many mistakes with the ball and Tampa is a ****ty team. even their running game wasn't all that great.

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Sanchez is a marginal passer at best. Freeman is alright but he makes too many mistakes with the ball and Tampa is a ****ty team. even their running game wasn't all that great.

Bottom line is both highly rated and drafted in the first round, with teams with mostly conservative offenses and have been in the NFL, even longer than Tebow. So why would Tannehill or Foles be expected to be better than those 2 guys, especially as rookies? You do know that Tannehill was a WR and only started at QB his last 2 years in college?

elsid13
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Then if that easy, you need to tell that to the Jets and Tampa who both have young, 1st round QB's who have been in the NFL for 3 years now and not getting that much better and both of those guys had more distinguished college careers than Tannehill or Foles. In fact, Tannehill began his college career as a WR, so expecting him to come right into the NFL and play right away effectively is quite a dream IMO.

Tannehill was recruited as QB, and asked to move WR so he could get on the field, so it wasn't like no thought he could QB. And having Mike Sherman as your HC/OC helps prepare him.

Sanchez had down year but has been to two AFC championship games and Freeman looked extremely good this year even with the disaster that occurred in Tampa.

Br0nc0Buster
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM

or maybe they are not getting better because like Tebow, they are just not that good
But Freeman looked good as a rookie, so there is still hope for him

I thought both were overrated myself when they came out

Foles has first round talent, just needs to be coached up.
But he has what you look for in a prototypical drop back passer from a talent standpoint

With this run first offense we just need someone to come in and take advantage of some one on one matchups for us to be competitive

It would not be hard at all to find someone to improve upon what Tebow has done in that regard

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Or maybe ....... just maybe it's because ......... 75% of the time if you guess run you are right. It also doesn't hurt to be playing against receivers that my grandmother could single cover.

Mouth

is it the receivers?

Thomas was tied with Calvin Johnson over the last month of the season as the WR with the most average receiving yards a game for December.

Decker early in the season was among league leaders in receiving yards, catches and TDs after the 1st quarter of the season, or during the time he had a decent passer throwing him the ball

seems to me that Decker's receiving numbers died when Tebow became starter. and sure he shares some blame for some bad drops, but it doesn't change the fact that he was showing what he could do early in the season when the passing game worked.

everyone says the receivers are to blame for Tebow's passing woes, but Tebow deserves a lot of the blame

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Tannehill was recruited as QB, and asked to move WR so he could get on the field, so it wasn't like no thought he could QB. And having Mike Sherman as your HC/OC helps prepare him.

Sanchez had down year but has been to two AFC championship games and Freeman looked extremely good this year even with the disaster that occurred in Tampa.

He played QB only 2 years, so he is hardly that prepared. So the Jets have gotten deep into the playoffs because of their QB despite mediocre stats, which seems to be a big deal around here? Freeman threw 16TD's and 22 INT's, with 5 fumbles this year on a 4-12 team. What is so extremely good about that?

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Bottom line is both highly rated and drafted in the first round, with teams with mostly conservative offenses and have been in the NFL, even longer than Tebow. So why would Tannehill or Foles be expected to be better than those 2 guys, especially as rookies? You do know that Tannehill was a WR and only started at QB his last 2 years in college?

bottom line, who is the better passing option?

Foles/Tannehill or Tebow?

canadianbroncosfan
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I think we have a young O line and the primary need is to find a replacement for Dawkins and Bailey. After that LB and D line are my picks for UG. We can pick up a WR or TE in Free-Agency. I'm convinced that there are unselfish good receivers out there that will play for the broncos.

Mouth

Yeah, our other secondary is young too. Moore needs to learn to tackle and everything Carter does well gets negated by his stupid and untimely unnecessary roughness penalties.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
So is that working for guys like Sanchez and Freeman, both 1st round QB's? But that will be certain to work for guys like Tannehill and Foles?

Sanchez is a marginal QB who has been to the last 2 AFCCG and Freeman is a good young player on a ****ty team and both are upgrades to what was present before they were brought in, and sadly and as much as i like Tebow, both Foles or Tannehill would be upgrades in the passing game from Tebow

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM
bottom line, who is the better passing option?

Foles/Tannehill or Tebow?

No, the real bottom line is the Broncos have too many holes on defense to worry about investing a top pick on a QB who is not ready to play, if ever really going to be that good, and one whose worth is overvalued.

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Sanchez is a marginal QB who has been to the last 2 AFCCG and Freeman is a good young player on a ****ty team and both are upgrades to what was present before they were brought in, and sadly and as much as i like Tebow, both Foles or Tannehill would be upgrades in the passing game from Tebow

How many considered Sanchez a marginal QB before he was drafted? I quite remember quite a few around here wanting the Broncos to get him. Drafting either of those QB's in the 1st round would be as dumb as it gets for the Broncos. If they had more talent on the team, then maybe that has merit, but a QB who is not ready to play is not going to solve many problems on this team.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
No, the real bottom line is the Broncos have too many holes on defense to worry about investing a top pick on a QB who is not ready to play, if ever really going to be that good, and one whose worth is overvalued.

depending who you talk to it can be said that QB is a major hole for Denver and that in fact that position is the most important position to fix.

QB is one of many issues with this team right now and needs to be addressed

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
depending who you talk to it can be said that QB is a major hole for Denver and that in fact that position is the most important position to fix.

QB is one of many issues with this team right now and needs to be addressed

Yeah, fixed with someone who is legit, not someone just because he plays the same position. There is nothing about Tannehill or Foles that says they are sure things in the NFL or even better than guys like Sanchex and Freeman whom some believed were sure things too despite poor stats and offenses geared to protect them .

bigbucks24
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM

Mouth

Great point to bring up, but I'm not sure about your conclusion. How many Wrs out there (generally know as a diva group) want to come here and block and be decoys? Would you want to if you were a WR? Most want to catch the ball. Bur if you knew the O was only going to throw the ball 15-20 times a game and you might get targeted 1 or 2 of those time, would you want to come here? Most WRs want catches and yardage and the accolades (and paychecks) that come with it. Not many get up in the morning and think, "Hell yeah. I get to block all day!" I think Denver is going to have a hard time attracting WRs (especially good ones) until the offense changes.

PS. This isn't a post that blames the scheme or Tebow for the few passes thrown. It is merely stating that few passes are thrown

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Drafting either QB in the 1st round would be as dumb as it gets for the Broncos. If they had more talent on the team, then maybe that has merit, but a QB who is not ready to play is not going to solve many problems on this team.

so is it the idea of a new QB dumb as it gets for the Broncos, or is it just those 2 guys you have an issue with.

like lets say in some fantasy world Indy said we don't want Luck and offered us their 1st in exchange for our 1st and Tebow.(this is a fantasy so give me a break) is that a dumb pick to make or should Denver say no to QB and work on fixing other areas of the team and eventually get around to getting their QB

because in my opinion if Elway and Fox look at Foles or Tannehill and believe one of them is the guy for this franchise then i think they need to bring him in regardless of the lack of talent across the rest of the roster.

and i hate the idea of waiting until the team is "talented enough" to upgrade the QB position. i would much rather the team bring in their guy, and let him have his lumps and learning curve while the team is building around him so that when the talent finally comes together, that QB is ready to play at a high level.

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
so is it the idea of a new QB dumb as it gets for the Broncos, or is it just those 2 guys you have an issue with.

like lets say in some fantasy world Indy said we don't want Luck and offered us their 1st in exchange for our 1st and Tebow.(this is a fantasy so give me a break) is that a dumb pick to make or should Denver say no to QB and work on fixing other areas of the team and eventually get around to getting their QB

because in my opinion if Elway and Fox look at Foles or Tannehill and believe one of them is the guy for this franchise then i think they need to bring him in regardless of the lack of talent across the rest of the roster.

and i hate the idea of waiting until the team is "talented enough" to upgrade the QB position. i would much rather the team bring in their guy, and let him have his lumps and learning curve while the team is building around him so that when the talent finally comes together, that QB is ready to play at a high level.

Other than Luck, I see no other QB ready to come in and play right away and doubts really any of them will even be that good ever. Sure, they can get lucky and draft one of those QB's and happen to pick right and that one turns out to be successful, but as we know, many more fail than make it or every team would have their franchise QB on their roster by now.

Obviously the Broncos will take the players they like the most, but from what I have seen and I have watched enough games of many of these QB's, there are hardly any sure things coming into the NFL. If Griffin gets taken by a team that runs a conservative type offense and wants him under center most of the time, I don't see great success for him either. I mean, look how bad Bradford even looked this year and sure he has little talent around him, but that also makes my point. You take as young QB who may or may not be ready or even really ever be that good and you have marginal weapons around him and look what happens. Same for Sanchez and Freeman, who were 1st round picks and were pretty much seen that way by most so called draft experts.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah, fixed with someone who is legit, not someone just because he plays the same position. There is nothing about Tannehill or Foles that says they are sure things in the NFL or even better than guys like Sanchex and Freeman whom some believed were sure things too despite poor stats and offenses geared to protect them .

there is nothing that says Luck is going to be a beast. there is nothing saying anything about any prospective QB about to be drafted. sure there is the little bit of college work and measurements on these guys, but nothing says any of them are sure things. remember at one point guys like Leaf, Carr, Harrington, Russell, Akili Smith Tim Couch were all considered elite QB prospects and in some cases compared to some of the greatest ever. and then there are guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rothesberger, Schaub and Romo who were overlooked, deemed not good enough seen as middle of the pack draft picks who are elite now.

if Elway one of the best to ever strap on the pads thinks Foles are Tannehill are the guy for the franchise i will believe completely, and truthfully either would be an upgrade in the passing game to Tebow.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Great point to bring up, but I'm not sure about your conclusion. How many Wrs out there (generally know as a diva group) want to come here and block and be decoys? Would you want to if you were a WR? Most want to catch the ball. Bur if you knew the O was only going to throw the ball 15-20 times a game and you might get targeted 1 or 2 of those time, would you want to come here? Most WRs want catches and yardage and the accolades (and paychecks) that come with it. Not many get up in the morning and think, "Hell yeah. I get to block all day!" I think Denver is going to have a hard time attracting WRs (especially good ones) until the offense changes.

PS. This isn't a post that blames the scheme or Tebow for the few passes thrown. It is merely stating that few passes are thrown

You don't have to justify a well thought out opinion to me lol. Lloyd was TT's favorite target last season. It was because he could get open reliably. Tebow CAN throw against the zone. Look at all the "prevent" passing he did this year. (I don't call it prevent Defense, but a lot of people do) TT doesn't like to try and force the ball into a receiver who is kinda open. That has a lot to do with reps with the receivers and a lot of things. Everybody is playing man to man every play and putting 8 in the box. Usually only 1 safety over the top. If a receiver could get truly open on 25-50% of his routs that he is the primary receiver TT would get him the ball every time. DT and Decker are pretty good at finding holes in zones. The problem is that nobody is playing zone against us anymore. Once you can't man to man all of our receivers and the D is forced to go into a zone TT can have a LOT of success. A great TE can do the same thing.

Mouth

barryr
01-02-2012, 04:36 PM
there is nothing that says Luck is going to be a beast. there is nothing saying anything about any prospective QB about to be drafted. sure there is the little bit of college work and measurements on these guys, but nothing says any of them are sure things. remember at one point guys like Leaf, Carr, Harrington, Russell, Akili Smith Tim Couch were all considered elite QB prospects and in some cases compared to some of the greatest ever. and then there are guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rothesberger, Schaub and Romo who were overlooked, deemed not good enough seen as middle of the pack draft picks who are elite now.

if Elway one of the best to ever strap on the pads thinks Foles are Tannehill are the guy for the franchise i will believe completely, and truthfully either would be an upgrade in the passing game to Tebow.

Maybe they would, but if taking them in the 1st round and just have that on their resume "better passer than Tebow" then that won't help make this team be a contender that is for sure, especially if passing on better talent that also happen to fill needs.

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Mouth

we need a replacement for dawkins,not bailey. as for WR or TE,there is no such thing as a NFL player who is going to screw themselves out of a payday.. you're living in fantasyland if you think otherwise. WRs & TEs get paid based on the numbers they put up the previous yr/yrs. Any WR/TE in the league knows your not going to put up good numbers with Tebow as your QB. Its why Brandon Lloyd wanted out.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 04:53 PM
we need a replacement for dawkins,not bailey. as for WR or TE,there is no such thing as a NFL player who is going to screw themselves out of a payday.. you're living in fantasyland if you think otherwise. WRs & TEs get paid based on the numbers they put up the previous yr/yrs. Any WR/TE in the league knows your not going to put up good numbers with Tebow as your QB. Its why Brandon Lloyd wanted out.

Then open up the checkbook and sign a pro-bowl WR/TE for a long term contract so he doesn't have to worry about it. I brought up Champ, not because I think he is done, but because nobody is that good fresh out of college, and I'd like 2-3 years under his mentorship. If we give a WR a 6 year 33 million dollar contract you could bench him for all he cares. I bet T.O. would play for a red bull and a roll of lottery tickets. Sure he can't catch, but at least he could get open.

Mouth

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Then open up the checkbook and sign a pro-bowl WR/TE for a long term contract so he doesn't have to worry about it. I brought up Champ, not because I think he is done, but because nobody is that good fresh out of college, and I'd like 2-3 years under his mentorship. If we give a WR a 6 year 33 million dollar contract you could bench him for all he cares. I bet T.O. would play for a red bull and a roll of lottery tickets. Sure he can't catch, but at least he could get open.

Mouthif the team has no problem overpaying then fine. it isn't going to make TT a better QB. I bet a better QB can make our recieving alot better.
contractwise try 3 yrs 33 million if you want a WR/TE to sign with denver.

Mouth
01-02-2012, 05:05 PM
if the team has no problem overpaying then fine. it isn't going to make TT a better QB. I bet a better QB can make our recieving alot better.
contractwise try 3 yrs 33 million if you want a WR/TE to sign with denver.

If you sign someone to a long term deal they won't need to be the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. 6 years and 33 mil isn't overpaying if you're getting value out of it. It also would get you a top 10 receiver. The length of the contract is the key. If you're going to pay someone for the rest of their career, they don't care about the stats.

Mouth

peacepipe
01-02-2012, 05:10 PM
If you sign someone to a long term deal they won't need to be the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. 6 years and 33 mil isn't overpaying if you're getting value out of it. It also would get you a top 10 receiver. The length of the contract is the key. If you're going to pay someone for the rest of their career, they don't care about the stats.

Mouth

it will have to be a big long term contract, I hate to break the news to you but 6 yrs 33 million isn't a big contract. especially since players aren't very fond of long term contracts unles its in the neighborhood of 6 yrs 66 million

Mouth
01-02-2012, 05:16 PM
it will have to be a big long term contract, I hate to break the news to you but 6 yrs 33 million isn't a big contract. especially since players aren't very fond of long term contracts unles its in the neighborhood of 6 yrs 66 million

I disagree. Players LOVE long term contracts (It's guaranteed money). Right now, the only person making more than 10 mill a year is Megatron. I'm not asking for a top 3 receiver, I'm asking for a top 10-15. 5-6 million a year guaranteed would be enough for someone to block.

Mouth

Edit: upon further review, just pay someone what they are worth and just make it a long term contract.

Punisher
01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1006583-nfl-rumors-should-the-denver-broncos-sign-matt-flynn
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/511/211/136109404_crop_650x440.jpg?1325506440
Greenbay Packers backup quarterback Matt Flynn broke franchise records for passing yards and touchdown passes in a single-game with 480 yards and six touchdown passes Sunday vs. the Detroit Lions (http://bleacherreport.com/detroit-lions). Flynn got the start while the frontrunner for the NFL MVP, Aaron Rodgers (http://bleacherreport.com/aaron-rodgers), rested for the playoffs. With Flynn’s impressive performance Sunday afternoon, his market value has skyrocketed. Flynn, 26, is amongst the top free agent quarterbacks this offseason and will be highly coveted by those teams in need of a starting quarterback.
One of the NFL franchises in dire need of a starting quarterback is none other than the Denver Broncos (http://bleacherreport.com/denver-broncos). Denver has managed to make the playoffs with a .500 record despite the erratic and unconventional play of Tebow.
The Broncos were the story of the NFL season with their improbable six-game win streak orchestrated by Tebow in the final minutes of the game. Thus began Tebow Time and Tebow Mania throughout the country. The key to the Broncos' success was the fact that Tebow wasn’t turning the football over and Denver has run the ball effectively along with stout defensive play.
Denver Broncos' Vice President of Football Operations John Elway has been very hesitant to get fully behind Tebow. Elway has stated that Tebow isn’t going (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7372694/denver-broncos-john-elway-gives-tim-tebow-strongest-endorsement-yet) anywhere and that he will work with him this offseason. That was during the win streak, though. The Broncos have lost the last three games of the regular season heading into the playoffs with a matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers) next Sunday in Denver.
If the Broncos play anything like they have over the past month, the team might be in for a long Sunday afternoon against the ferocious Steelers defense. Even if Tim Tebow has the game of his life and leads Denver to an upset victory, it is improbable that he has much of a future in Denver, at least as the starting quarterback.
Which brings us back to Matt Flynn. The Broncos are not going to be able to draft a top quarterback prospect in the first round like they were projected to earlier in the season. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III will be long gone by the time Denver is on the clock in the middle of the first round.
Elway and the rest of the front office will have to make a decision to stick with Tebow or attempt to sign Flynn to a lucrative contract. It could be a very unpopular move even if Tim Tebow is relegated to being a backup, subject to switching positions, being released or traded.
It is excruciating to watch the Broncos offense since Tebow has regressed over the past few weeks. If the Broncos want to return to their winning ways and be a legit playoff team, they’ll have to look at replacing Tim Tebow at starting quarterback. A huge step in the right direction would be if Elway can convince Matt Flynn to sign with the Broncos, no matter how unpopular it may be.

Punisher
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Rob Johnson-Matt Flynn?

oubronco
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
It is excruciating to watch the Broncos offense since Tebow has regressed over the past few weeks. If the Broncos want to return to their winning ways and be a legit playoff team, they’ll have to look at replacing Tim Tebow at starting quarterback.

Ouch

TonyR
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
It is excruciating to watch the Broncos offense since Tebow has regressed over the past few weeks. If the Broncos want to return to their winning ways and be a legit playoff team, they’ll have to look at replacing Tim Tebow at starting quarterback.

Ouch

LOL Excruciating is the perfect word to describe watching Tebow the last couple of weeks. Every time he drops back you hold your breath.

oubronco
01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
LOL Excruciating is the perfect word to describe watching Tebow the last couple of weeks. Every time he drops back you hold your breath.

I agree he is playing horribly

Mouth
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I want this on record. If we get Matt Flynn and he is the starter next year, we will be 4-12.

Mouth