Heard screaming and "get the cart"

saw the ankle bent at 180 degrees.

get better fast, see you next year.

tesnyde
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
That was horrible looking

cutthemdown
01-01-2012, 02:41 PM
He could be done for a long long time. Broncos falling apart.

rugbythug
01-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Get well soon!

bpc
01-01-2012, 02:43 PM
When it rains, it pours. That's gonna leave some scar tissue.

If Kupe's dad is out there, send Chris best wishes from OM Bronco fans for us. He's been a pleasure to watch this year. Too bad the season had to end with an injury.

DomCasual
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Horrible. Best wishes, Chris.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Kupes Dad if you see this pass on our well wishes.

Garcia Bronco
01-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I had to look away.

Blueflame
01-01-2012, 03:19 PM
That looked horrible... I feel really bad for Chris. :(

SoCalBronco
01-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Best wishes for Kuper. That was really terrible, hopefully he can make a full recovery, because he's a great Bronco and a warrior.

broncoblue
01-01-2012, 03:34 PM
i was getting a beer ,how did it happen? not seen it

bpc
01-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Orland Franklin was trying to cut the interior DT and just tucked and rolled all unathletic like and ended up landing on Kuper's ankle who was locked up with the defender. Franklin's fatass pinned his ankle to the ground and the defender kept driving forward, obviously not knowing what was going on. Kuper's head was by his ankle. I had a play similar to that in college, almost to a T, and thought i had for sure broke my ankle and tore my ACL. Turns out I partially tore my achilles, cartilage in my ankle, sprained my MCL/PCL in my knee. Felt like gun shots going off in my leg as it got pinned and rolled on. Kuper clearly broke his ankle as it was at a 90 degree angle away from his shin. It's unfortunate. Best of luck to him in recovery.

MagicHef
01-01-2012, 03:39 PM

It looked like Franklin fell on the back of his leg.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I kind of dry heaved when I saw it, there was no warning on TV. Then they show Chris sitting on the cart holding a conversation. Yeah that is a tough SOB

vonqkilla
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Incredible toughness. I broke my arm as a kid, worst pain ever, Kuper was just sitting there like more pissed than in pain.

Best wishes Kupe.

bombay
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope he is able to fully recover by next season.

Great, great player and the key to the Bronco's line.

Miss I.
01-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Best wishes to you Chris! You are a warrior and we will miss you man. You wear the same # my dad did in college on his team the Broncos so I pull a little more for you brother. Be well.

Kaylore
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Sucks. Best lineman on the line and most underrated player next to maybe Colquitt. We weren't going to do anything in the playoffs anyway, but not it will be especially ugly.

gunns
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I had to look away.

I did too. It was just nasty. Hopefully there was no major damage and he can make a full recovery.

Drek
01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Sucks. Best lineman on the line and most underrated player next to maybe Colquitt. We weren't going to do anything in the playoffs anyway, but not it will be especially ugly.

I just hope he can get back to 100% for next season. That ankle has got to be absolutely shredded.

BowlenBall
01-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Terrible thing to happen to one of my favorite Broncos. Hope it's not as bad as it seems, and you have a fast and complete recovery Chris.

eddie mac
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Been our best lineman for a good while. Terrible news. Speedy recovery Kupe.

maven
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Yep, that was ugly. Be lucky to come back from that injury.

SpringStein
01-01-2012, 05:33 PM
kupesdad - all the best to Chris. He has a lot of support, prayers and best wishes from all Bronco fans.

Taco John
01-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Very disappointing to see Chris go out like that. He's one of thst valuable players on the team, and that's largely due to his dedication and attitude. Thankfully, that's also the secret ingredients for making a full recovery. Looking forward to getting him back on the field ASAP!

broncosteven
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Sad thing to see, hope he recovers fast

Archer81
01-01-2012, 06:24 PM
That was hard to look at. Prayers for his fast and complete recovery.

:Broncos:

Steve Prefontaine
01-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Brutal injury. Good luck with the recovery Kupe!

ScottXray
01-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Best wishes to Kuper. Please pass it on KupesDad. Hope for a full recovery by next season, but that looked really bad.

ColoradoDarin
01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
kupesdad - pass on our prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for Chris.

illbroncsfn
01-01-2012, 06:47 PM
gruesome injury, will be a long road back, get well Kupe!

Dagmar
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Broken leg per John Fox

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Broken leg per John Fox

Yeah I am going to say ankle dislocation as well, seeing that it was pointed 90 degrees the wrong way.

Hamrob
01-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Our best offensive player in my opinion!

Huge loss!

Boobs McGee
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Broken leg per John Fox

dislocated ankle per the post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19657551

either way, horrible horrible loss

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Notice who is in that picture on the post. Orton concerned about his former OG. Hate him all you want but that was classy and shows you why e players all liked him.

Flame away :) or not, at least in this thread.

barryr
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Hopefully he will be good for next season. He has been very solid this year.

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Hopefully he will be good for next season. He has been very solid this year.

I think it's viable he is back for camp. Depends on internal damage but not as bad as blown knee or Achilles. Just hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Notice who is in that picture on the post. Orton concerned about his former OG. Hate him all you want but that was classy and shows you why e players all liked him.

It's just the angle of the camera. :)

Requiem
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Best wishes and prayers to Chris Kuper and his family. He's been a warrior since he played for the Fighting Sioux. Get healthy soon!

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
It's just the angle of the camera. :)

Thats what I kept telling myself when trying not to vomit.

gyldenlove
01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
That was nasty, I hope he gets up and recovers in time for the offseason.

Orange4Life
The silver lining is that if it is the ankle it is a much better injury than say a knee. One of the Real Salt Lake players had a very gruesome ankle injury similar to Kupes in May and was back playing by October. It was about a 4-5 month recovery. I hope this is the case

strafen
Kuper was having a great year, too!

Jekyll15Hyde
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
just heard broken tibia and dislocated ankle on the postgame... ouch
Get well soon

MplsBronco
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Didn't see Orton and Tebow shake hands. Didn't see Orton at all actually after the game. Anyone else?

Pony Boy

So, I guess you don't have a wife or girfriend?

theAPAOps5
just heard broken tibia and dislocated ankle on the postgame... ouch
Get well soon

Damn, well get well and still should be ready by camp.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Didnt Hochstein get hurt near the end and we had no guards left?
Joshua, Hochstein's "Dad", can you fill us in?

theAPAOps5
01-01-2012, 10:13 PM
He left under his own power IIRC

Still not the best situation in an already suck situation going into playoffs.

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
best lineman on the team, and easily one of the top 5 interior lineman in the league. he is going to be sorely missed.

i also want to give props to Orton for coming out to check on him. no longer a Bronco but that was a class move.

Doggcow
01-02-2012, 12:28 AM
He left under his own power IIRC

Still not the best situation in an already suck situation going into playoffs.

He got a cast and carted off.

PRBronco
01-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Didnt Hochstein get hurt near the end and we had no guards left?
Joshua, Hochstein's "Dad", can you fill us in?

He was back in next series I believe, nbd.

GreatBronco16
01-02-2012, 01:03 AM

He was talking about Hoch. Hoch returned to the game later.

GreatBronco16
01-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry, he didn't return. Harris replaced him. I thought I saw him go back in. (Hoch)

Broncomutt
01-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Hope he is ok! It looked bad, but he took it like a man. The man was stoic on that cart. I'd have been...:holyguac!

Get well soon Kupe.

Boomhauer
01-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Hope he is ok! It looked bad, but he took it like a man. The man was stoic on that cart. I'd have been...:holyguac!

Get well soon Kupe.

Yeah, it was bad. Obviously a dislocated ankle and the training staff set it back in place on the field before putting the cast on. Not surprised Kuper took it in stride though. He's a S.Dakota farm boy and one of the toughest interior OLmen in the NFL.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2603420/99633_Chiefs_Broncos_Football.jpg
On the side of good news - Paper today says likely tib/fib breaks which hopefully just means chips off the bottom of the bones where the ankle attaches - bodies engineered points of failure. These heal very quick as opposed to all the stresses instead focusing into soft tissue damage when an ankle turns like that, which would take a lot of rehab.

Get well soon Kuper and see you again week1 :salute:

Boomhauer
01-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Check out the player reactions here.
Tebow, McGahee as well as most the Chiefs look away pretty quick. Franklin I think is the one that yelled for a cart and is pointing. One Chief, looks like #23, appears to do a valleygirl "Oh, snap!". Snap indeed sister.
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MCGAHEE-KUPER.gif

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Check out the player reactions here.
Tebow, McGahee as well as most the Chiefs look away pretty quick. Franklin I think is the one that yelled for a cart and is pointing. One Chief, looks like #23, appears to do a valleygirl "Oh, snap!". Snap indeed sister.
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MCGAHEE-KUPER.gif

My god....just about every player looks away, including the Chiefs' players.

Horrible.

BowlenBall
01-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Wow -- what an amazing GIF. Hard to believe how stoic Chris was through the whole thing, those Alaska boys are tough....

crush17
01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Best wishes to Chris Kuper. Praying for a speedy recovery...

gyldenlove
01-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Wow -- what an amazing GIF. Hard to believe how stoic Chris was through the whole thing, those Alaska boys are tough....

I like how they talked about his toughness while he was being carted off, damn right he is tough he just had his food unscrewed and he was sitting on that cart like a boss.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM

I was responding to the question about Hochstein. I didn't realize post was on a new page or I would have edited and quoted the previous post.

MABroncoFan
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
from rotoworld.com ... surprised to read this (about grading out as one of the worst left guards in football, I mean)...

Broncos placed LG Chris Kuper on injured reserve with a broken left leg, ending his season.
Coach John Fox "isn't closing door" on Kuper being ready for training camp. Denver's long-time left guard has missed just two games since 2007, but had a poor season in 2011, grading out as one of the worst left guards in football by Pro Football Focus. Russ Hochstein shouldn't be a significant downgrade for the postseason. Under contract for $3.5 million in 2012, Kuper is likely to be back in Denver. Jan 2 - 2:33 PM

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Saw that picture in the news this morning i am completely surprised how calm chris was with his leg at that angle.

Los Broncos
01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I seen his leg and was like wow, that is brutal...hope he heals and gets back next year.

TheDave
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Brutal to watch... best wishes to a speedy recovery

Kaylore
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
from rotoworld.com ... surprised to read this (about grading out as one of the worst left guards in football, I mean)...

Broncos placed LG Chris Kuper on injured reserve with a broken left leg, ending his season.
Coach John Fox "isn't closing door" on Kuper being ready for training camp. Denver's long-time left guard has missed just two games since 2007, but had a poor season in 2011, grading out as one of the worst left guards in football by Pro Football Focus. Russ Hochstein shouldn't be a significant downgrade for the postseason. Under contract for $3.5 million in 2012, Kuper is likely to be back in Denver. Jan 2 - 2:33 PM
Oh my gosh. Somehow Beadles paid them to switch their stats...

chickennob2
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM

Hahaha, that is so full of fail.

Tombstone RJ
01-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Best wishes to Kuper, its bad enough breaking your ankle when the foot bends in and the break is out (I've done this) but breaking the ankle in the opposite direction is just like wow bad. Hopefull it's a clean break and he heals up quickly.

This kindof crap happens when 300 pound men fall on each other in the trenches.

gyldenlove
01-02-2012, 01:10 PM

I should imagine he played like a crappy LG considering he didn't take a single snap at that position, I bet his rating at CB is pretty atrocious as well.

Broncoman13
01-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I saw McGahee's reaction and had the same exact reaction from home. Also mentioned immediately how tough a SOB Kupes must be. That was as bad as you'll ever see.

Get well soon Kupe!!!

Cmac821
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Best of luck to Kupes didn't really see what happen on TV but after that pic I cannot believe he was that calm

tsiguy96
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
i sent a message to roto to correct their stats.

kupesdad
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
well folks...It was a tough day yesterday for the Kuper family although I'm sure the phone companies had a windfall Sunday. Needless to say Chris probably will sit out the first half of next weeks game vs the Steelers. When the camera finally picked up the picture of him on the ground, it was something I have been holding my breath on since he got into the league. I needed to see it only once. It only confirmed what I have known for a long time..... Chris got his mother's toughness. He broke the bones in his leg and dislocated his ankle and then proceeded to let them set it while on the field. Chris will have surgery in a week or so and then comes the process of rehabbing so he will be ready for the next season. I appreciate the e-mails and texts from everyone and I will update you all as we know whats going on. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will answer what I can.... Think good thoughts in the meantime... thanks, David

Los Broncos
01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow, what a tough guy...I would have folded like a chair.

Get well Kupes for next year.

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
well folks...It was a tough day yesterday for the Kuper family although I'm sure the phone companies had a windfall Sunday. Needless to say Chris probably will sit out the first half of next weeks game vs the Steelers. When the camera finally picked up the picture of him on the ground, it was something I have been holding my breath on since he got into the league. I needed to see it only once. It only confirmed what I have known for a long time..... Chris got his mother's toughness. He broke the bones in his leg and dislocated his ankle and then proceeded to let them set it while on the field. Chris will have surgery in a week or so and then comes the process of rehabbing so he will be ready for the next season. I appreciate the e-mails and texts from everyone and I will update you all as we know whats going on. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I will answer what I can.... Think good thoughts in the meantime... thanks, David

Just hope hes doing well dad send our OM love will ya.

gunns
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Wow, that was awful and he let them set it on the field? Unbelievable. Thank you for update and of course we will be having good thoughts throughout his rehab.

Spider
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM

This is what NFL legends are made of , Ronnie Lott, Youngblood ,Ham , Gradishar etc .Send him my best

Miss I.
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Thank you for the update and wish Chris well from all his fans.

TheDave
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Man's Game!!!

dsmoot
01-02-2012, 02:08 PM

Prayers for a quick and complete healing. Thanks for being involved and bringing needed perspective to all of us on this site. Difficult position to be a dad in a place where your loved one is open to criticism by those of us who really have limited perspective at best.

Rohirrim
01-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Kupe is a warrior. All my best. Rehab sucks. Hope to see him back in the saddle next season. :thumbs:

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow, that was awful and he let them set it on the field? Unbelievable. Thank you for update and of course we will be having good thoughts throughout his rehab.

Reducing it on the field would be less painful than transporting him with a grossly displaced fracture... plus it's an emergency from a blood supply to the foot standpoint.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Can't imagine watching my own son being injured like that. Best wishes to the Kupers.

ghwk
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm surprised he just didn't tell 'em to amputate and cauterize so he could go on playing!

All kidding aside, Best Wishes and a speedy recovery to Chris, Kupesdad.

Broncoman13
01-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Reducing it on the field would be less painful than transporting him with a grossly displaced fracture... plus it's an emergency from a blood supply to the foot standpoint.

I thought about that when they were tending to him right after it happened... Hadn't thought about the blood restriction, but have always heard that the best thing you can do for a dislocation is to reduce it as quickly as possible.

Horrible seeing that happen to a fan favorite, don't want to imagine what Kupe's dad went thru.

McDman
01-02-2012, 03:09 PM
When I broke my leg in three places it is more of a numb, dull pain. Usually the shock of it takes away a bit of the pain as well.

The dislocated shoulder and rolling my ankle off of a six inch curb both hurt ten times worse.

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
No slacking off kuper we expect to see you on madden at least 6 hours a day keeping your game sharp.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I thought they set it on the field, I saw his foot on the cart and it was straight again. I can't believe how calm Chris looked. My pansy arse was trying to just avoid getting sick. LOL

55CrushEm
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM

:giggle:

Nice that you can be a bit light-hearted about the situation.

Seriously, best wishes on a speedy recovery, and thanks for taking the time to pass on the information you have.

Smilin Assassin
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery.

Kupe's a warrior.

broncosteven
01-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Best wishes on a quick recovery! I am sure he is feeling it today. Had fun watching him play this year.

extralife
01-02-2012, 03:51 PM
man, I'm glad I was at the game and never got to see the play on TV. everyone at the stadium knew it was bad because it isn't very often the team immediately calls for the cart, but at least we didn't see it close up in slo-mo. thought it was classy for Orton to come over to him.

BroncoBuff
01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
No no no, please no.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
man, I'm glad I was at the game and never got to see the play on TV. everyone at the stadium knew it was bad because it isn't very often the team immediately calls for the cart, but at least we didn't see it close up in slo-mo. thought it was classy for Orton to come over to him.

There was absolutely no warning either. They followed the runner and realized someone was down. Cut to Chris and his foot was just there. Simms and Nantz were pretty calm about it.

elsid13
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Tell him there are easier way to get your woman to give you breakfast in bed. ;D

Best of luck to him, we expect to see him on field soon.

ol#7
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
KupesDad: Your son is one tough SOB! Speedy recovery to him and best wishes to the entire Kuper family!

SoCalBronco
01-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Tell him there are easier way to get your woman to give you breakfast in bed. ;D

Must.....resist.....Khan....reference.

Seriously, thanks for updating us, Mr. Kuper. We're definitely all praying for a good recovery for Chris and we're very proud to have him on our team.

elsid13
01-02-2012, 04:57 PM

Seriously, thanks for updating us, Mr. Kuper. We're definitely all praying for a good recovery for Chris and we're very proud to have him on our team.

Khan already waits on him, hand and foot so there no joke there....:~ohyah!:

ZONA
01-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I think it's viable he is back for camp. Depends on internal damage but not as bad as blown knee or Achilles. Just hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

Give this warrior the full offseason and training camp to work on it and hopefully come Sept he's ready to roll. That's 8 months from now so I'm hoping.

broncosteven
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM

I just realized that while he is recovering Kuper will have plenty of time to read "Failure is not an Option". Just think how pumped he will be for rehab after reading how Gene saved the crew of Apollo 13, landed men on the moon and returned them safely to Earth as commanded by his president, and recovered from the Apollo 1 fire writing the greatest comeback speech EVER!

Be Tough and Competent Chris!

BroncoBuff
01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Failure is not an option.

That's good news on the timetable kupesdad, thanks.

Miss I.
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
saw this kind of cool thing about Chris being named to the all nfl team...Go Chris!

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/1/4/2680318/rick-gosselin-all-nfl-team-2012-von-miller-chris-kuper

RaiderH8r
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Ah, just gotta rub some dirt on it and hit with....

http://www.healthsquare.com/common/images/c/CVS12240_130867_5.JPG

Fixes anything. He'll be fine in no time. In fact, I expect with the tussin he'll be ready for the divisional round and by the time the AFCCG rolls around he'll be eating rocks and crapping gunpowder.

BigPlayShay
01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
There was absolutely no warning either. They followed the runner and realized someone was down. Cut to Chris and his foot was just there. Simms and Nantz were pretty calm about it.

Griese and Logan weren't calm about it. Sounded like SOB was gonna puke.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Griese and Logan weren't calm about it. Sounded like SOB was gonna puke.

Oh man it was gross. Usually they catch it and warn before showing but the angle of the camera was perfect and dead on his foot pointing 90 degrees the wrong way. blech

RaiderH8r
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
McG's reaction was funny. I could hear him saying, "Oh the humanity."

Tebow should have laid hands and healed that ****.