PDA

View Full Version : NFL Wants Tebow in Playoffs?

TD4HOF
12-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Sorry to pour on the coverage, but thought it was an interesting angle.

Of course, many of us would argue that the calls have gone against us most of the time. See: Dumervil, Elvis.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-las-vegas/the-nfl-will-make-sure-tim-tebow-gets-into-the-playoffs

teknic
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Sorry to pour on the coverage, but thought it was an interesting angle.

Of course, many of us would argue that the calls have gone against us most of the time. See: Dumervil, Elvis.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-las-vegas/the-nfl-will-make-sure-tim-tebow-gets-into-the-playoffs

If the NFL wants the Broncos in the playoffs, the officials haven't got the memo yet.

BroncoFox
12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
What a sad, pathetic article. Questioning the integrity of our players, and the NFL, after Timmy and the Broncos earned the spot they are at. If we get there, it was because of US, not because of the NFL. More often than not, with the horrible, terrible refs and all the bad calls and non-calls, it almost seemed like they didn't want Timmy in at all!

We get in, it's because of us. Not a gift, not a miracle. Grrrrr.. stupid articles.

tsiguy96
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
if anyone has watched the last 4-5 games, they would see quite clearly the NFL is NOT favoring denver, at all.

Archer81
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back...kick off, Royal takes it back for a score...that gets called back because of a phantom block in the back...

Err...what the ****...

:Broncos:

OABB
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back...kick off, Royal takes it back for a score...that gets called back because of a phantom block in the back...

Err...what the ****...

still steaming over those calls. That and the playcalling in the second quarter ruined my month.

troya900
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
still steaming over those calls. That and the playcalling in the second quarter ruined my month.

Yeah that and the non PI call on the bad throw by Tebow to Decker. It was just so obvious that dude didn't look back and ran into Decker before the ball got there and no fricking flag, was just a joke and that moron Simms watched it in slowmo and had the nerve to say it was a good play.

Williams
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I find the NFL wants the Tebow in the playoffs conspiracy a bit laughable...especially when the week before Buffalo gets a punt return for a TD, and has a guy actually block a dude in the back.

That and McKelvin clearly steps out of bounds at least once on that return. Despite the mandatory score review, the TD stood.

I understand a few missed call here and there, but when you have several throughout the game directed disproportionately, it starts looking suspect. Regardless, awful officiating will persist as long as there's no accountability for piss poor calls.

BroncoBen
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Err...what the ****...

No kidding .. those were some of the worse calls ive ever seen.

broncocalijohn
12-29-2011, 07:34 PM

I thought being banned ruined your month. :thanku:

Spider
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
the shiat people will say just to get published

OABB
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I thought being banned ruined your month. :thanku:

no. I expected that. I knew I was a gonner as soon as I hit submit reply.

Although that thread was a good one...expected a little more from it than straight to the butt.

Taco cockblocked my thread.

Blueflame
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
no. I expected that. I knew I was a gonner as soon as I hit submit reply.

Although that thread was a good one...expected a little more from it than straight to the butt.

Taco cockblocked my thread.

"Call-out" threads (particularly those with another poster's name prominently displayed in the thread title) always are moved straight to the Butt.

MacGruder
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I think this article is F'ing hilarious... just shows how OWNED so many Tebow haters are... and how delusional they become when that owned.. lol

Jason in LA
12-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Is the Las Vegas Sports Examiner a credible news source? After reading this article, I would find that hard to believe. I wouldn't see a credible newspaper running something like this. There is nothing that supports the point that he is making. He pretty much just made up a story.

OABB
12-29-2011, 10:47 PM
"Call-out" threads (particularly those with another poster's name prominently displayed in the thread title) always are moved straight to the Butt.

I think an exception should be made if its a call out thread to tailgatenut. that guy is a real piece of **** here. Im sure hes a great guy in real life as Leo...but tailgatenut on the mane is a ****ing lowlife loser co****cking ****face who deserves to get called out and have it stay in full view.

Kaylore
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
If there's any conspiracy, its that the NFL wanted all the games to count at the end of the season. They now have two divisions being decided the last week of the season, and the playoffs in general will be decided.

Pontius Pirate
12-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Cam Newton would be better but i'll settle for the white guy who cant throw and cant screw

Armchair Bronco
12-30-2011, 03:07 AM
No kidding .. those were some of the worse calls ive ever seen.

In all fairness to this crew of clowns, nothing compares to the horrible calls the refs made against the Seattle Seahawks in their Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Stealers.

* The phantom pushoff by Jackson in the end zone that nullified a legit TD

* The phantom holding call against Sean Locklear that nullified a first down at the Pittsburgh one yard line

* And the phantom "low block" by Hasselbeck after he threw an INT, giving Pittsburgh great field position

Given that this was The Big Dance, the officiating in this game was the worst in NFL history and certainly did more to determine the outcome of the SB champion in 2006 than anything Seattle or Pittsburgh did on the field of play.

chadta
12-30-2011, 05:23 AM
In all fairness to this crew of clowns, nothing compares to the horrible calls the refs made against the Seattle Seahawks in their Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Stealers.

* The phantom holding call against Sean Locklear that nullified a first down at the Pittsburgh one yard line

* And the phantom "low block" by Hasselbeck after he threw an INT, giving Pittsburgh great field position

Given that this was The Big Dance, the officiating in this game was the worst in NFL history and certainly did more to determine the outcome of the SB champion in 2006 than anything Seattle or Pittsburgh did on the field of play.

no ****, that game was brutal, listen to steeler fans talk they won the game in dominating fashion, but the rest of us know better

jhns
12-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Doesn't everyone want Tebow in the playoffs? I know I do.

UberBroncoMan
12-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Pathetic example of journalism.

TD4HOF
12-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Doesn't everyone want Tebow in the playoffs? I know I do.

Oh no no, no one but us. Well, maybe UF fans. Oh, evangelical Christians. Virgin-rearing fathers. Tebowites. Tebowners. Ahh, Skip Bayless. Anonymous, closeted Tebow fans all across the land. Television executives. LBJ. That's all. Really it's us against the world, clearly.

Broncbow
12-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Officials are why I refuse to wage bets on games. Ref's ability to determine out comes of games has been an all too well documented and all too often common occurance. If human players need officitating, then why not human officials? There is a reason why so many judgment calls the refs make are not reviewable.

Instead of refs determinging who is at fault, we ought to just use the cameras for that and have each team use the camera to determine where the other cheated on any given play. Have both team officials in the same suit along with a league official to settle any inconclussive issues. This would solve a lot of problems.

bowtown
12-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Officials are why I refuse to wage bets on games. Ref's ability to determine out comes of games has been an all too well documented and all too often common occurance. If human players need officitating, then why not human officials? There is a reason why so many judgment calls the refs make are not reviewable.

Instead of refs determinging who is at fault, we ought to just use the cameras for that and have each team use the camera to determine where the other cheated on any given play. Have both team officials in the same suit along with a league official to settle any inconclussive issues. This would solve a lot of problems.

I don't think you even know what the **** you are talking about anymore.

barryr
12-30-2011, 07:35 AM
So now it's Tebow can't play, only his teammates win the games, and now he needs the refs and TV execs to help him win games. This has gotten way beyond ridiculous.

55CrushEm
12-30-2011, 07:46 AM
If the NFL wants the Broncos in the playoffs, the officials haven't got the memo yet.

Ha!

This was my first thought!

houghtam
12-30-2011, 07:54 AM
What a sad, pathetic article. Questioning the integrity of our players, and the NFL, after Timmy and the Broncos earned the spot they are at. If we get there, it was because of US, not because of the NFL. More often than not, with the horrible, terrible refs and all the bad calls and non-calls, it almost seemed like they didn't want Timmy in at all!

We get in, it's because of us. Not a gift, not a miracle. Grrrrr.. stupid articles.

I don't know, the way some people on this board are talking, we don't deserve to make the playoffs unless we win the Super Bowl. Is it possible to earn your way into the playoffs but not deserve it?

jhns
12-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Is it possible to earn your way into the playoffs but not deserve it?

Yes. See every chief, raider, or charger playoff appearance.

SleepingTiger
12-30-2011, 08:20 AM
That and McKelvin clearly steps out of bounds at least once on that return. Despite the mandatory score review, the TD stood.

I understand a few missed call here and there, but when you have several throughout the game directed disproportionately, it starts looking suspect. Regardless, awful officiating will persist as long as there's no accountability for piss poor calls.

That call was not as clear as you say it is. I am a big Bronco homer, but I would not of reversed that call. However, the non PI and block in the back is full of crap. It almost seemed that every time we get the ball moving, a call would go against us to stall the drive.

Jason in LA
12-30-2011, 10:40 AM

The first two calls you mentioned were legit calls. I've seen the replays a number of times (you can find them on youtube), and I don't see why people think those were bad calls. I think people get on board with an idea and rant and rave about it even when there is video that shows other wise.

On the PI call, the receiver went full arm extension on the DB to create separation. The DB is standing right next to the receiver, the receiver then clearly pushes the DB in a direction away from the incoming ball, now there is a couple yards separation between the two. How is that not PI? As soon as it happened the DB looked at the ref and was like WTF?!?! Then the ref threw the flag. If that's not PI, then they should just get rid of the rule. Receivers get away with push offs, but full arm extension right in front of the ref? Come on now.

On the holding call, the DE beat the OT and had a clear path at the QB. There was nothing but space between the DE and the QB. Only question would have been if Hasselbeck would have gotten rid of the ball before he was sacked. As the DE turned the corner, he was snagged on something that prevented him from making the sack. But there was nobody in front of him. That's because the OT reached out and snagged the DE by the collar. That was a clear holding call. If that's not a holding call then they should get rid of the rule.

Jason in LA
12-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Pathetic example of journalism.

That's exactly the way I see it, which is why I questioned whether or not it was a credible news source. Lets not make up the news.

Dedhed
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM

I was going to say exactly this.

El Guapo
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM

Exactly what I was going to say; especially after that kick return was called back for the phantom block in the back.

lod01
12-30-2011, 02:26 PM

You should be steaming over the steaming pile of **** at QB.

OABB
12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
You should be steaming over the steaming pile of **** at QB.

i did. for two years.

houghtam
01-04-2012, 12:09 AM
The first two calls you mentioned were legit calls. I've seen the replays a number of times (you can find them on youtube), and I don't see why people think those were bad calls. I think people get on board with an idea and rant and rave about it even when there is video that shows other wise.

On the PI call, the receiver went full arm extension on the DB to create separation. The DB is standing right next to the receiver, the receiver then clearly pushes the DB in a direction away from the incoming ball, now there is a couple yards separation between the two. How is that not PI? As soon as it happened the DB looked at the ref and was like WTF?!?! Then the ref threw the flag. If that's not PI, then they should just get rid of the rule. Receivers get away with push offs, but full arm extension right in front of the ref? Come on now.

On the holding call, the DE beat the OT and had a clear path at the QB. There was nothing but space between the DE and the QB. Only question would have been if Hasselbeck would have gotten rid of the ball before he was sacked. As the DE turned the corner, he was snagged on something that prevented him from making the sack. But there was nobody in front of him. That's because the OT reached out and snagged the DE by the collar. That was a clear holding call. If that's not a holding call then they should get rid of the rule.

Clark Haggan was offside on that play. Should have been offsetting and no play.