PDA

View Full Version : Why is Denver so bad in the 2nd Quarter?

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Why is Denver so bad in the 2nd quarter? Aren't we like the worst team in the league in terms of point differential?

Since Tebow took over, we typically come out like gang busters in the first quarter and either rack up points or keep the other team from scoring. We've done this in pretty much every game, including against Detroit, NE, and Buffalo.

But then when the 2nd quarter rolls around, everything comes unglued. What's going on? Are we changing things up, or going all conservative? Keep in mind that when our Offense shuts down, so does our Defense.

vonqkilla
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Playcalling gets conservative to the pt of stupidity, turnovers vs NE, poor adjustments, creative plays all used up vs jets.

tsiguy96
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
exactly what he said.
poor playcalling followed by turnovers.

Peoples Champ
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
i think you nailed it on the head, we go conservative when we get the lead. How many times did we run the ball 3 straight times in buffalo and go 3 and out?

I believe establishing the run is crucial, but you need to change it up and playaction or spread read throw on 1st , 2nd , or 3rd down sometimes even if we have the lead.

Keeping the defense on their toes and guessing is the main advantage our offense has.

Smiling Assassin27
12-29-2011, 01:02 PM
let's not forget penalties. if we start at our own 20, then commit a holding penalty or false start, we're backed up. cue the unimiaginative playcalling, a 3 and out and now the opposition has great field position as colquitt has to punt from his endzone.

go_broncos
12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
The problem is our team plays conservative once we have the lead(even with 3 points lead).
I never seen any other team go conservative with 3 or 7 points lead entering into 2nd quarter.
I just hope Fox/Mccoy realize this and attack till the end.
We just can't give hope to other team.

ludo21
12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
rosario has a ton of holding penalties on kickoffs, those are killer

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
What concerns me is that we have a pattern here, but the coaches don't seem to see it.

They keep doing the same thing(s) over and over, hoping to get different results each time. But the results are always the same: Denver either blows a big lead or gets blown away, and we head in to the locker room with zero momentum.

This is my nightmare scenario for the game against KC.

go_broncos
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
What concerns me is that we have a pattern here, but the coaches don't seem to see it.

They keep doing the same thing(s) over and over, hoping to get different results each time. But the results are always the same: Denver either blows a big lead or gets blown away, and we head in to the locker room with zero momentum.

We won 6 games doing like that..Knowing Fox, i think it won't change this week.
But, i am confident that Chiefs are going to lose to us.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-29-2011, 01:16 PM
all of the above.

And coincidence plays a big role too

zdoor
12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
i would be interested to see how many times we have passed on a down other than 3rd in the 2nd Quarter...

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
all of the above.

And coincidence plays a big role too

I don't believe in coincidences disguised as patterns. But I do think that the number of boneheaded penalties (especially Defensive penalties) goes WAY up in the 2nd quarter.

Maybe the younger guys on Defense are trying to hard to "make a big statement" before halftime. Who knows... ?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't believe in coincidences disguised as patterns. But I do think that the number of boneheaded penalties (especially Defensive penalties) goes WAY up in the 2nd quarter.

Maybe the younger guys on Defense are trying to hard to "make a big statement" before halftime. Who knows... ?

Football seasons, themselves, are fairly small sample sizes, and we're only talking about a small portion. So yes, there are obviously some trends, but I think theres some coincidence too

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
i would be interested to see how many times we have passed on a down other than 3rd in the 2nd Quarter...

Yeah, in several games, we mixed it up with passes on 1st down, even with passes to start the game, and it worked. Then Fox felt like: "Well, we've got our quota of 2 passes for the half, so let's not risk an INT with any more passes."

Doggcow
12-29-2011, 01:25 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg

Broncbow
12-29-2011, 01:37 PM
We won 6 games doing like that

We did not win 6 games as a result of the second quarter fiascos, we won more often than not by the miracles that were needed to make up for fiasco of a patern I like to regard as the sabotaging scheme.

Taco John
12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Personally, I think it's just the problem of this being a young coaching squad (young in the sense that this is their first year together with these players). The theme of this season has been a LOT of experimentation with players all over the field on both sides of the ball. They have tested so many different things this year in an effort to determine what they have and what they don't have.

In the first quarter, everything goes by the script, and while things have been rocky at times, there has been a marked improvement over time in performance during this time. Once the script runs out, they seem to hit a wall. I think with time and more experience, we'll see improvement in the second quarter. I don't know that it can happen overnight though. I think this is a kink that the team will need to work on into next season.

OABB
12-29-2011, 02:10 PM
We dont have a killer instinct. coaches and players. we can come from behind but not play ahead.

broncosteven
12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I think teams figure out what we come out of the gate with by the 2nd quarter and take it away which causes turnovers and mistakes. I do like that our staff can make adjustments at half time but would like to see more consistent play throughout the entire game.

Play2win
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I think we let down our guard just a little bit in the 2nd quarter, and the better teams have been keen to this, so they go in full-out attack mode on defense, then we implode. Sometime a little, sometimes a lot.

bendog
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I think teams figure out what we come out of the gate with by the 2nd quarter and take it away which causes turnovers and mistakes. I do like that our staff can make adjustments at half time but would like to see more consistent play throughout the entire game.

yes. And, there is a real reluctance to put the game on Tebow's left arm early in a game. Plus, any defense that has run block thrown at them 30 times in the first three qters, esp with McGahee, will feel it in the fourth.

Broncbow
12-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I think teams figure out what we come out of the gate with by the 2nd quarter and take it away which causes turnovers and mistakes...

I don't believe in coincidences disguised as patterns...

They keep doing the same thing(s) over and over, hoping to get different results each time...

This is my nightmare scenario...

Once the script runs out, they seem to hit a wall... I think this is a kink that the team will need to work on into next season.

Kink?

BroncoBeavis
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Tebow had 2 passing attempts in the second quarter. Both were on 3rd and Long.

That's the definition of setting up your QB for failure. Inept beyond measure.

ColoradoDarin
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Young players
+
New coaching staff
+
Lockout
=
Everything is gravy this season.

I'm not ready to throw anyone out based on this season, especially when Tebow was put in 5 games in. I would like to see what they can do with a full off season (for both the players and coaches).

Spider
12-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Why is Denver so bad in the 2nd quarter? Aren't we like the worst team in the league in terms of point differential?

Since Tebow took over, we typically come out like gang busters in the first quarter and either rack up points or keep the other team from scoring. We've done this in pretty much every game, including against Detroit, NE, and Buffalo.

But then when the 2nd quarter rolls around, everything comes unglued. What's going on? Are we changing things up, or going all conservative? Keep in mind that when our Offense shuts down, so does our Defense.

It is all part of the EFX master plan to make teebs fail .......
Signed run of the mill teboner

broncocalijohn
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Playcalling gets conservative to the pt of stupidity, turnovers vs NE, poor adjustments, creative plays all used up vs jets.

Pretty much this. We knew that the Patriots went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 after we started scoring at will. We don't adjust when we are figured out and are putting ourselves as a one trick pony. To win with our under dominating team, your coaching staff has to adjust with schemes, personnel and plays.

Broncbow
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
2 passing attempts in the 3rd quarter of the Patriots game is not going to get it, especially when playing from behind.

Tebow had 2 passing attempts in the second quarter. Both were on 3rd and Long.

That's the definition of setting up your QB for failure. Inept beyond measure.

1st & 10 ~ incomplete fingertipped pass.

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 4 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass called back DT out of bounds after review.

3rd & 19 ~ Completed pass

This was all Tebow did outside of the last minute of the first half of the Vikings game? Tebow had 7 passing attempts in the first half of the Chargers game here they are...

1 3rd and long (High Risk Passing Situation)
2 1st (High risk deep pass)
3 3rd and long (High Risk Passing Situation)
4 2nd down (High risk deep pass)
5 3rd down
6 2nd (High risk deep pass)
7 1st TD (High risk deep pass) TD

Some body of work you got there when you add a game & 1/4's worth of quarters the past two games where Tebow averaged just over 2 passing attempts per quarter. Now that is a body of work only the devil could be proud of.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XacvydVrhuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Shannyham also had problems as the game wore on, but I think his teams regularly dropped the ball in the 4th quarter. He was also a genius at destroying the opposition in the 1st quarter, and then getting all conservative after the script had played out.

By the 4th quarter, we were in backpedaling mode, and that's why we were consistently a .500 team at the end of his tenure.

The fact that teams are able to make real-time adjustments in the 2nd quarter against us with such regularity (both on defense and on offense) is really worrisome. If it were in the 3rd quarter, that would be one thing.

Bronx33
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
2 passing attempts in the 3rd quarter of the Patriots game is not going to get it, especially when playing from behind.

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 4 ~ Completed pass

This was all Tebow did outside of the last minute of the first half of the Vikings game? Tebow had 7 passing attempts in the first half of the Chargers game here they are...

5 3rd down

Some body of work you got there when you add a game & 1/4's worth of quarters the past two games where Tebow averaged just over 2 passing attempts per quarter. Now that is a body of work only the devil could be proud of.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XacvydVrhuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you sir are bat shyt crazy get a professional evaluation pronto.

oubronco
12-29-2011, 05:26 PM
It's plain and simple........Execution

BroncoBen
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM

This is how John Fox likes to play, try to control the game with the run..problem is leads tend to evaporate. I don't see things changing..

OABB
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM

yes...let's execute mccoy.

vonqkilla
12-29-2011, 09:26 PM

That's part of it.

But calling runs out of single back sets, Tebow under center on 3rd and 1 is setting yourself up to fail.

No mystery in playcall based on formation. And it was a play we ran on 1st down, 38 toss to JJ.

Stuff like that is pop warner play calling.

OABB
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Riutmwm is the new Cidtl.

Archer81
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
After great consideration and internal dialogue, I have determined we have problems in the second quarter because we do not score enough points, and allow too many.

Dilemma solved.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
just interesting how for so long they were playing to what tebow did best. option runs, throws out of shotgun etc. the last few games they have been, again, trying to mold him back to a conventional offense and now we are seeing the results.
has tebow kept an option run the last 6 quarters?

BroncoBeavis
12-29-2011, 11:00 PM
just interesting how for so long they were playing to what tebow did best. option runs, throws out of shotgun etc. the last few games they have been, again, trying to mold him back to a conventional offense and now we are seeing the results.
has tebow kept an option run the last 6 quarters?

I'll buy the whole 'traditional offense' spiel when you can show me the 'traditional' NFL offense who's attempted 4 or less passes in a half.

You can't take a gameplan that's never been tried in the history of the NFL and then call it traditional.

Armchair Bronco
12-30-2011, 02:58 AM
I really, REALLY hope Fox & Company let Tebow "revert" to the read option plays that were so successful in the Oakland and Jets games. Obviously, in the Oakland game, we also had a 2nd quarter meltdown (the Faiders scored 14 points to our zero). But then we came back in the 2nd half and blasted them with 31 points.

Let Tebow run the damn ball on 3rd and 1. EVERY SINGLE TIME! Bring back the run option and use it in the 1st and 2nd quarters! Seems simple enough to me.

Broncbow
12-30-2011, 05:21 AM
You know if you add the first three quarters of the Dolphins game, to the 4th quarter of the Raiders game you only get 8 passing attempts in an entire game of quarters.

Add the Chiefs game and there is two more games worth of quarters where Tebow has averaged just over 2 passing attempts per quarter on average, then add the 5 quarters of the past two games it makes you wonder...

How many more quarters did Tebow average just over 2 passing attempts in than any other quarters. There is over 4 games worth of quarters right here off the top of my head.

Why is Denver so bad in the 2nd Quarter?

Elway and Fox waiting until the last resort to letting Tebow pass this season is the reason. Tebow did not even average 100 yards passing in 1/3 of his games.

Tebow has 7 times the yards in the 4th as he does in the 2nd quarter: about 3 1/2 times the yards in the second half compared to the first, about 4 times the yards in the 4th compared to the 1st quarter.

Elway and Fox have been carving the phat out of Tebows passing game, by placing him more often than not in the most inopportune passing situations to perform in, the sabotaging scheme is the antithesis of one that ought to be executed when developing a QB, and that is a fact that HOFer Steve young would agree with.

Fox and Elway have a systemic pattern of setting this team in self destruct mode by refusing to allow Tebow to record back to back passing attempts until the team is behind. They have robbed Tebow of possessing any rythm whatsover until he is in one predictable passing play after another.

The predictability of this pattern has resulted in the turnovers the past two games, as the team is exposed for its one dimensional offense that is stripped naked of a passing game until the rushing game is stripped by the oppponent.

Tebow and the Broncos are sandwiched between of two opponents, those opposed to Tebow throwing it on the Broncos staff, and the opponent on the field the staff has handed the blueprints of the scheme over too due to the nature of its predictable sabotaging nature.

Tebow's one passing attempt per game when the team is not behind, compared to his 18 per game when the team is behind, reveals the dagger Elway and Fox have been stabbing Tebows body of work with.

http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dagger.jpg

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 4 ~ Completed pass

5 3rd down

FYI I was actually listening to this album when I posted this reply yesterday.

strafen
12-30-2011, 05:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we lead the league in 3 and outs.
Mind boggling!
It comes down to stupid, ultra-conservative play calling.
There's not two ways about it...

tsiguy96
12-30-2011, 06:20 AM
I'll buy the whole 'traditional offense' spiel when you can show me the 'traditional' NFL offense who's attempted 4 or less passes in a half.

You can't take a gameplan that's never been tried in the history of the NFL and then call it traditional.

they reverted to "option" plays that arent actually option plays, given that tebow doesnt keep it anymore. he had 10 rushes against buffalo for a 3 yd average, how many of them were busted pass attempts?

this just isnt the same offense this team used against the jets, oakland or KC earlier in the year.

WolfpackGuy
12-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Denver is 3rd in number of punts and 30th in third down percentage.

They're converting third downs (61/196 - 31%) almost half as effectively as New Orleans (112/199 - 56%) in almost the same amount of attempts!

It seemed last week that the offense went into a shell beginning in the first quarter when Clady got called for holding then Tebow took a sack on the next play.

They got ridiculously conservative after that.

elsid13
12-30-2011, 06:51 AM
they reverted to "option" plays that arent actually option plays, given that tebow doesnt keep it anymore. he had 10 rushes against buffalo for a 3 yd average, how many of them were busted pass attempts?

this just isnt the same offense this team used against the jets, oakland or KC earlier in the year.

They are running the option plays, but the DEs are not crashing down so Tebow is handing it off to the RB. The correct read.

Broncbow
12-30-2011, 07:07 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we lead the league in 3 and outs.
Mind boggling!
It comes down to stupid, ultra-conservative play calling.
There's not two ways about it...

54% completion percentage in 4 out of the last 5 games compared to the 43% completion average shows the strides Tebow has made despite having to carry the ball and chain of this predictable ultr-conservative scheme.

Then there is having your No.1 receiver traded right before Tebow made his start, leaving Tebow without a No.1 or legit No.2 when you consider their numbers from 2010.

DT 22/283 2 TD's
ED 6/106 1 TD

19/155 1 TD Eddie Royals numbers this season.

Lloyd had 6 receptions and 88 yards per game average before Tebow played.

Seeing Elway trade the No.1 receiver for a 6th round pick, right before Tebow started, exposes just how desperate elway was in regards shutting Tebow down; casting off the teams best receiver after 77/1,448 11 TD's last season for a 6th round pick, to leave Tebow with two former rookies as starters?

That is by definition is sabotage, add the fact Elway waited till the Chiefs lost their starting QB to finally play his goodwill gesture card towards Orton, so he could reshore our divisional opponents gaping hole on opffense when we face them Sunday is yet another attempt to sabotaging the season for Tebow.

The season could end this game all thanks to Elway. Elway has compromised our season by first refusing to start Tebow; to then when forced to start him Elway cuts his best receiver that he flew down to Florida to practice with. Elway has compromised the season by refusing to throw it more than 2 times a quarter in over half the quarters he has played on average, and now this, hre we are facing Orton a much better QB than the back up the chiefs would be playing the Broncos with.

All this substantiated reality, yet Elway still smells like roses to the broncos faithful. OMG

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Denver never threw on 1st down in the 1st half. Every 1st down play was a run.

Let that sink in. That doesn't happen.

barryr
12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Tebow did complete 50% or more in 2 of his 3 starts last season, so he has shown an ability to throw the ball when asked. But I do think while the offense will be expanded next season, the Bronco offense is not going to be some wide open passing attack no matter who is at QB, so I wouldn't expect to see even if they got Luck at QB to see a Saint or Packer type of offense with the Broncos. It will be all about ball control and run the football, then Tebow make a play on 3rd down. Fox is a defensive minded coach and they typically are conservative offensively and that is what he was doing in Carolina.

Broncbow
12-30-2011, 07:39 AM
the Bronco offense is not going to be some wide open passing attack no matter who is at QB...

Why, because all the top teams in the modern era are?

strafen
12-30-2011, 08:02 AM
54% completion percentage in 4 out of the last 5 games compared to the 43% completion average shows the strides Tebow has made despite having to carry the ball and chain of this predictable ultr-conservative scheme.

Then there is having your No.1 receiver traded right before Tebow made his start, leaving Tebow without a No.1 or legit No.2 when you consider their numbers from 2010.

DT 22/283 2 TD's
ED 6/106 1 TD

19/155 1 TD Eddie Royals numbers this season.

Lloyd had 6 receptions and 88 yards per game average before Tebow played.

Seeing Elway trade the No.1 receiver for a 6th round pick, right before Tebow started, exposes just how desperate elway was in regards shutting Tebow down; casting off the teams best receiver after 77/1,448 11 TD's last season for a 6th round pick, to leave Tebow with two former rookies as starters?

That is by definition is sabotage, add the fact Elway waited till the Chiefs lost their starting QB to finally play his goodwill gesture card towards Orton, so he could reshore our divisional opponents gaping hole on opffense when we face them Sunday is yet another attempt to sabotaging the season for Tebow.

The season could end this game all thanks to Elway. Elway has compromised our season by first refusing to start Tebow; to then when forced to start him Elway cuts his best receiver that he flew down to Florida to practice with. Elway has compromised the season by refusing to throw it more than 2 times a quarter in over half the quarters he has played on average, and now this, hre we are facing Orton a much better QB than the back up the chiefs would be playing the Broncos with.

All this substantiated reality, yet Elway still smells like roses to the broncos faithful. OMG

Whe hell are you so adamant about blaming Elway in decisions he clearly got nothing to do with.
To say Elway refused to throw it more than 2 times a qtr?
WTF?!
You've got zero credibility in what you're saying.

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Tebow did complete 50% or more in 2 of his 3 starts last season, so he has shown an ability to throw the ball when asked. But I do think while the offense will be expanded next season, the Bronco offense is not going to be some wide open passing attack no matter who is at QB, so I wouldn't expect to see even if they got Luck at QB to see a Saint or Packer type of offense with the Broncos. It will be all about ball control and run the football, then Tebow make a play on 3rd down. Fox is a defensive minded coach and they typically are conservative offensively and that is what he was doing in Carolina.

I agree with that assessment for the most part. But this is beyond the pale. Conservative run oriented means at best a 60/40 balance. And that's consistently throughout the game. You don't run every play until you hit your quota then pass the rest of the time.
I lost a lot of respect for Phil Simms in his commentary during the game. How does a commentary guy not even pick up on the fact that there were 4 passing attempts in the first half.

Instead they keep feeding the narrative that Tebow's no good until the 4th quarter. How a pro can watch that happen and not ask "what the hell is up with this?" Is beyond me

Gort
12-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Whe hell are you so adamant about blaming Elway in decisions he clearly got nothing to do with.
To say Elway refused to throw it more than 2 times a qtr?
WTF?!
You've got zero credibility in what you're saying.

either Elway ran over his cat and slept with his wife, or Elway ran over his wife and slept with his cat. that's the only explanation for BroncBow i can come up with.

???

Gort
12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
I agree with that assessment for the most part. But this is beyond the pale. Conservative run oriented means at best a 60/40 balance. And that's consistently throughout the game. You don't run every play until you hit your quota then pass the rest of the time.
I lost a lot of respect for Phil Simms in his commentary during the game. How does a commentary guy not even pick up on the fact that there were 4 passing attempts in the first half.

Instead they keep feeding the narrative that Tebow's no good until the 4th quarter. How a pro can watch that happen and not ask "what the hell is up with this?" Is beyond me

i don't these guys have time to watch film on every game. i think Sharpe even admitted as much earlier this season when he said that all he knew about what Denver was doing with Tebow was what he saw on the screens in the CBS studios in between game breaks. my guess is that Simms sees some tape to prepare for games, but mostly relies on what he sees that day and what he talks about with the coaching staff before the game. unless McCoy specifically tells Simms that he's being ultraconservative in his playcalling, i don't think Simms would pick it up the way those of us who follow the team closely do.

Broncbow
12-30-2011, 10:33 AM
After great consideration and internal dialogue, I have determined we have problems in the second quarter because we do not score enough points, and allow too many.

Dilemma solved.

:Broncos:

Scoring Offense ranking, with Passing Attempts Rating listed 1st
PAtRk Team G Pts/G TotPts Pts Pts/G Rsh Rec

18 Green Bay Packers ~ ~ 34.3 12 45
1 New Orleans Saints ~~ 33.5 15 41
3 New England Patriots ~30.9 16 36
2 Detroit Lions ~~~~ ~~ 28.9 9 36
20 Carolina Panthers ~~~ 25.9 25 20
5 San Diego Chargers ~~ 24.5 15 24
5 New York Giants ~~ ~ 24.2 16 26
14 Philadelphia Eagles ~~ 24.1 19 19
16 New York Jets ~~~ ~ 24.0 14 24
30 Houston Texans ~~~ 23.9 17 19
4 Atlanta Falcons ~~~ ~ 23.8 11 27
10 Dallas Cowboys ~ ~~~ 23.7 5 31
13 Baltimore Ravens ~~ ~ 23.6 13 20
11 Buffalo Bills ~~~ ~~~ 23.4 11 22
31 San Francisco 49ers ~ 23.1 12 16
28 Chicago Bears ~~ ~~ 22.4 10 17
23 Oakland Raiders ~~ ~ 22.2 16 18
22 Cincinnati Bengals ~ ~ 21.9 9 21
26 Minnesota Vikings ~~~ 21.8 17 20
19 Pittsburgh Steelers ~~ 20.8 12 21
29 Miami Dolphins ~~~ ~~ 20.7 11 19
32 Denver Broncos ~ ~~~ 20.4 11 20
7 Tennessee Titans ~~ ~ 20.1 8 20
24 Seattle Seahawks ~ ~~ 20.1 14 14
17 Arizona Cardinals ~~~~ 19.3 11 20
8 Washington Redskins ~~ 18.5 8 18
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers ~ 17.5 9 15
20 Indianapolis Colts ~~~~ 15.3 8 13
27 Jacksonville Jaguars ~~~ 14.9 9 11
12 Cleveland Browns ~~~~ 13.9 4 16
25 Kansas City Chiefs ~~~~ 13.7 4 13
14 St. Louis Rams ~~~~~~ 11.1 5 8

@18 GB still has 100+ passing attempts more than the Broncos @32

The difference 18 passing attempts in the 1st half make compared to 3 or 4; Rodgers has been putting on a clinic for the difference that 100+ passing reps make...

Orton had about the same passing reps per game average as Rodgers.

Ortons bread and butter, all those high percentage passes, he got in the first half; Fox carved those 100+ reps right out of the heart of Tebows passing game.

Hell Orton got over 23 passing plays in the first half of the first game this season. To put that in perspetive that is about as many passing attempts Tebow has had in the last 6 out side of the 4th the past two games. Talk about bringing the passing offense to a screeching halt and what.

Rodgers had twice as many passing attempts on his first drive, as Tebow recorded in the entire first half Sunday.

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Because we don't pray hard enough.