PDA

View Full Version : Just threw away a bunch of threadbare Broncos clothing

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I've been cleaning out my closet and the garage since Christmas, and I finally had to part ways with some threadbare Broncos clothing that I'd been hanging on to for way too long.

Goodbye Super Bowl 32 Champions tee-shirt. Goodbye Super Bowl 33 Chapmpions tee-shirt. Goodbye long sleeve blue Bronco cotton sweatshirt with the New School Bronco logo and the tattered neck.

At least my #15 Brandon Marshall jersey is still looking good!

Out with the old, in the with new!

Crushaholic
12-28-2011, 07:12 PM
How depressing. It's been way too long since we've won the Super Bowl...

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2011, 07:16 PM
How depressing. It's been way too long since we've won the Super Bowl...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Way too long.

I was starting to empathize with those KC fans who keep dusting off those rusting buttons from Super Bowl 4...or whenever it was that Len Dawson was still their signal caller.

Maybe tossing those cracked and peeling tee-shirts will generate some New School mojo. But it was sad to realize that our glory days were almost a decade and a half ago.

(All things considered, that's not a bad life span for a tee-shirt, but not super impressive for an NFL franchise.)

TDmvp
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I bought 2 of the SB hats , T's and sweat shirts from both super bowl wins and still have one of each in the packing and in a air tight container.

I learned along time ago if there's something you like just buy 2.

vonqkilla
12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I still wear sb back to back sweatshirt.

BroncoMan4ever
12-28-2011, 07:39 PM
I've been cleaning out my closet and the garage since Christmas, and I finally had to part ways with some threadbare Broncos clothing that I'd been hanging on to for way too long.

Goodbye Super Bowl 32 Champions tee-shirt. Goodbye Super Bowl 33 Chapmpions tee-shirt. Goodbye long sleeve blue Bronco cotton sweatshirt with the New School Bronco logo and the tattered neck.

you should have kept the glory days merch and ditched the headcase jersey.

strafen
12-28-2011, 07:47 PM

I still have stuff I keep from the SB years.
Stuff like a black leather jacket with the SB XXXII logo embroided on the back, small bronco logo on the upper right chest I still keep, along with a couple of hats. I do my best to preserve what I've got.

I wear some bronco t-shirts from time to time, but if I find something real cool, I try to save it...

Spider
12-28-2011, 07:49 PM
we will get back to the SB ;D 5 years tops

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2011, 07:51 PM
The stuff I tossed out really didn't look very good. The collars on both tee-shirts and on the sweatshirt were completely shreaded & threadbare. I looked like some refugee from Aurora wearing them. They had been relegated to "garage cleanup duty" for the last couple of years.

I kinda wish that I had chopped them up into cleaning rags for my small gun collection, but usually tee-shirts with peeling plastic logos don't mix well firearms.

We also have some old school Broncos hats that are too small for the kids, so those are getting donated to Value Village. Maybe we can save the football soul of a tyke who would otherwise be a Seahawks fan.