PDA

View Full Version : Tebow_gets_an_INT_back

Bronc62
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/scoring-change-takes-away-1-of-tim-tebows-4-interceptions-against-buffalo-bills/2011/12/28/gIQAv8d6MP_story.html">Scoring change takes away 1 of Tim Tebow’s 4 interceptions against Buffalo Bills</a>

December 28, 3:48 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Upon further review, Tim Tebow has one fewer interception, and the Buffalo Bills lost a franchise record.

In a scoring change announced by the Bills on Wednesday, the third of Tebow’s four interceptions in a 40-14 loss last weekend is now being ruled a lost fumble.

It happened midway through the fourth quarter when Tebow had the ball knocked loose by linebacker Chris Kelsay. Linebacker Spencer Johnson caught the ball in midair and returned it 17 yards for a touchdown.

It came on Denver’s first play from scrimmage after Bills safety Jairus Byrd scored on a 37-yard interception return.

As a result, the Bills have returned four interceptions for TDs this season, which now equals a team record.

Kelsay picked up a sack to give him three in the game.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

Bronx33
12-28-2011, 04:56 PM
yaaaah!!!!

oubronco
12-28-2011, 05:04 PM
It still resulted in 6 so WTF cares

errand
12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
And OABB thought this wasn't big or good news, and yet here it gets it's own thread.

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
That thing was so obviously a fumble it wasn't even funny. Surprised it took this long for the Bills to rewrite history.

Jay3
12-28-2011, 05:32 PM
If it had hit the ground, the refs would have sure found a way to rule it a fumble and not an incomplete.

Ambiguous
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
What was the point of the underscores?

Ratboy
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
This changes everything! Only 3 Interceptions?

This guy is our franchise QB and a future Hall of Famer.

teknic
12-28-2011, 06:42 PM

Remember when Cutler tossed 4 ints to the same player (DeAngello Hall)? Peyton Manning had a 3-int game against the Broncos two seasons ago IIRC. I don't think people question their ability to be a franchise QB because of those games. Sometimes players have bad games, but those games don't define the player.

You know who has more ints this year in fewer starts? Orton.

The Buffalo loss is on the team, not on any single player.

Bronc62
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM

Glad you asked. Using Mane with either of my browsers, IE or Chrome, a message won't post if I have any spaces in the header. Tried all kinds of work-arounds with no luck. Any solution would be welcome.

teknic
12-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Glad you asked. Using Mane with either of my browsers, IE or Chrome, a message won't post if I have any spaces in the header. Tried all kinds of work-arounds with no luck. Any solution would be welcome.

Yeah, I think this is a known issue.

I've had to create threads with a single letter as the title, and edit it to the title I desire after I post it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of others have had to do this as well because I see threads posted as a single letter and then edited often.

OABB
12-28-2011, 06:51 PM
And OABB thought this wasn't big or good news, and yet here it gets it's own thread.

Its cool I guess. doesnt change Tebows bad game was all I was getting at.

OABB
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Tebowner.

Ratboy
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Remember when Cutler tossed 4 ints to the same player (DeAngello Hall)? Peyton Manning had a 3-int game against the Broncos two seasons ago IIRC. I don't think people question their ability to be a franchise QB because of those games. Sometimes players have bad games, but those games don't define the player.

You know who has more ints this year in fewer starts? Orton.

The Buffalo loss is on the team, not on any single player.

Ryan Leaf had a 4 INT game too.

OBF1
12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Okay... So I lose a point in the OM fantasy football league for the interception, But gain it back with the fumble recovery and get an extra point for the sack. Works well for me :)

Bronc62
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I think this is a known issue.

I've had to create threads with a single letter as the title, and edit it to the title I desire after I post it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of others have had to do this as well because I see threads posted as a single letter and then edited often.
Oddly, if I type just x's and spaces for the header, it works, e.g.... xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx. But with real words & spaces, no take.

teknic
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Exactly.

You can tell very little about the future of a player's career based on a single game, especially early in their career. It's just too small of a sample size. Rookies make mistakes, it happens (Yes, I know Tebow isn't a rookie, but he's still started only 13 games so far).

Oddly, if I type just x's and spaces for the header, it works, e.g.... xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx. But with real words & spaces, no take.

I have never tried that, but that is definitely very strange.

OABB
12-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Exactly.

You can tell very little about the future of a player's career based on a single game, especially early in their career. It's just too small of a sample size. Rookies make mistakes, it happens (Yes, I know Tebow isn't a rookie, but he's still started only 13 games so far).

I have never tried that, but that is definitely very strange.

Ratboy can see into the future...dont mess with that kind of power.

teknic
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Ratboy can see into the future...dont mess with that kind of power.

Oh really? Well, the local lottery jackpot is $50million right now, so maybe Ratboy can help me choose 7 numbers. :notworthy

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM

What?_You_got_a_problem_with_userscores_or_what?

Underscores_F_T_Freakin_Win!

Dagmar
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM

So did Tom Brady against the same Bills team, this season.

errand
12-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Exactly.

I agree that a 13 starts is too small of a sample to say the kid will never make it in the nfl..... but isn't it also too small of a sample to say that he will make it in the nfl?

teknic
12-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I agree that a 13 starts is too small of a sample to say the kid will never make it in the nfl..... but isn't it also too small of a sample to say that he will make it in the nfl?

Yup. I like what I've seen from him so far though. He's had flashes of brilliance mixed in with some awful plays, but he is showing progress. The question becomes can he continue to improve.

I think his work ethic will be a big factor this offseason. I think he'll show a lot of improvement next season, but either way we should know what the Broncos have in Tebow after the end of next season.

BabyTO
12-29-2011, 01:35 AM
mojo....is that...is that you? are you back?!

http://thelaughingmarcus.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/so-much-win.jpg?w=445

prepare for w17. we need you! !Booya!

Broncomutt
12-29-2011, 02:21 AM
I support Tebow, but he does carry it carelessly at times. I think it was the Patriot game he broke downfield and 20 yards past the LoS he was pump faking. I don't think he fooled anyone, but if he'd had somebody on his heels, could have been disatrous.

That said, the sack for a safety that suddenly became a fumble that suddenly became an incomplete pass was both woeful and wondrous. Yikes!

ol#7
12-29-2011, 05:52 AM

John Elway threw 6 int's in a game against KC once. Why do you hate John Elway?

tsiguy96
12-29-2011, 05:55 AM
odd fact, but brady quinn only got 12 starts as an NFL QB. crazy he didnt even get a full season.