PDA

View Full Version : Who Does EFX Bring In At QB Spot in 2012?

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Who does EFX bring in at the QB spot, as they are probably not going to extend Brady Quinn? Who would you prefer to bring in, poll to follow and be realistic cuz Luck ain't coming here.

barryr
12-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I think guys like Johnson from Tampa or Stanton from the Lions would get consideration to be a backup at QB and then drafting one later in the draft, say somewhere between 5-7 rounds.

CEH
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I think a guy like Russell Wilson might be on the Broncos radar

gunns
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
I think a guy like Russell Wilson might be on the Broncos radar

I really like the guy then was told he's only 5'11 and that wouldn't translate to the NFL. But Brees is only 6', not much difference.

TonyR
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Alex Smith? Are you suggesting that the 12-3 Niners are going to jettison their QB after the season? Is there talk of this?

DBroncos4life
12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Alex Smith? Are you suggesting that the 12-3 Niners are going to jettison their QB after the season? Is there talk of this?

Well the Vikes are just going to give us Harvin so it's on par for the board.

gunns
12-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I really like the guy then was told he's only 5'11 and that wouldn't translate to the NFL. But Brees is only 6', not much difference.

Oh hell, that was 10,000

Dagmar
12-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Did you list all the QBs in the league and pick 3 random nonsense QBs out of a hat?

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 08:46 AM

No, I don't think that's a likely scenario, but he is an UFA and Harbaugh's got an ego and a 'mad genius' quality that makes this possible, though not probable.

HorseHead
12-27-2011, 08:46 AM
It will have to be a David Garrard type. I know Garrard is probably toast with his back. But someone like that, with a combination of drafting one, how 'bout the kid (I know, he's 29) from Oklahoma State?

I wonder where Peyton will go..., if he goes anywhere.

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Did you list all the QBs in the league and pick 3 random nonsense QBs out of a hat?

I went with UFA's that have some semblance of mobility and likeness to Tebow in either the offense he ran in college or ability to do so. I also made the assumption that Tebow will be here and that we will continue to run some sort of run/pass option as a substantial part of the offense next year.

TonyR
12-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Drew Brees (NO) -
Matt Flynn (GB) -
Alex Smith (SF) -
Kyle Orton (DEN) -
Jason Campbell (OAK) -
Donovan McNabb (MIN) -
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted
Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Tyler Palko (KC) - Restricted
Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted
Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

strafen
12-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Lol!
Those choices are off the wall!
But then again, this is the mane.
Two years ago, some people wanted us to draft Pat White :o

Anyway, barring a megatrade, and if things stay put, Russell Wilson is who I think we may get, just because he'll be the one available when we pick in the later rounds most likely...

oubronco
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Well hell in that case I would rather have Brees

BroncoBen
12-27-2011, 09:32 AM
I think the Broncos bring back Adam Weber who is on the practice squad, then draft a QB in the 3rd round somebody like Kirk Cousins out of Michigan State.

Que
12-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Kellen Moore. Pick him up for pocket lint late in the draft.

Toshiro Takashi
12-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Quincy Carter.

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Quincy Carter.

Woody Dantzler

BroncoMan4ever
12-27-2011, 10:25 AM
i would honestly expect a return of Quinn and also add a draft pick. Quinn was a former 1st round pick for a reason. If Tebow stumbles and begins to show he is not the guy, Quinn fits into the mold of what Elway wants and one of 2 things would happen with him under center. He comes in shows why he was a 1st rounder, and we ride with Quinn as our QB, or he comes in fails and puts us in position to get one of the top QBs in 2013.

cmhargrove
12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
No option for Jake Plummer?

Jay3
12-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Virtual certainty that a quarterback will be drafted. Not necessarily early. But there will be one, IMO.

GreatBronco16
12-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Come on guys, we are going to bring back Orton.

bendog
12-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Donovan McNabb (-:

oubronco
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I think the Broncos bring back Adam Weber who is on the practice squad, then draft a QB in the 3rd round somebody like Kirk Cousins out of Michigan State.

Good god your avatar is sweeeeeeeet

TonyR
12-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Good god your avatar is sweeeeeeeet

Was thinking the same thing. Ben, where do you find these?!?

razorwire77
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Honestly, there is no one of the UFA list that is a significant upgrade over Quinn. Sign a veteran on the cheap (Quinn, Feeley, Carr), bring Webber up from the PS, and maybe draft a QB somewhere in rounds 3-5 (depending on value).

SportinOne
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Living in Cheesehead land, and Badger land for that matter.. I hear a lot about Matt Flynn. Many people are convinced that he could start for a lot of teams.

Also, I think Russell Wilson could succeed at the NFL level as long as he commits to being a pocket QB who can escape pressure when needed.. He's not fast enough to be a Vick and he's big enough to be a Tebow. That said, the guy has mental toughness. He's incredibly mature. He's got a fast release and he makes quick decisions. On top of that all, he's incredibly accurate and has a pretty strong arm.

BroncoBen
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Living in Cheesehead land, and Badger land for that matter.. I hear a lot about Matt Flynn. Many people are convinced that he could start for a lot of teams.

Also, I think Russell Wilson could succeed at the NFL level as long as he commits to being a pocket QB who can escape pressure when needed.. He's not fast enough to be a Vick and he's big enough to be a Tebow. That said, the guy has mental toughness. He's incredibly mature. He's got a fast release and he makes quick decisions. On top of that all, he's incredibly accurate and has a pretty strong arm.

Interesting.. what Bowl Game can we see him in?
I Would Be interested in seeing what he looks like.

Boomhauer
12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd guess Weber competes with a CFA/lateRnd rookie for the 3rd QB spot, but the Broncos need a #2 with a few years experience with Tebow-like scrambling ability and pocket movement to keep the OL on the same page.

Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/d_freeney_081005_WIDE.jpg
Saw him play for Houston when I lived in Texas and think he would be a great fit. Has the uncanny ability to make plays and unfettered fearlessness to and when scrambling like Tebow. Not a 'polished' passer so the playbook and receiving corps would also change little if he came in.

*edit: Should point out he ate tihs and fumbled the ball in the above pic, but got an 'A' for effort.

houghtam
12-27-2011, 09:34 PM

Although I'd love to see Cousins as a Bronco, he's not athletic enough to fit our scheme (if we keep it). He's definitely one of the smarter quarterbacks in college football today, and can make all the throws he needs to, but his measurables are marginal at best for the NFL. I see him being a career journeyman, much like other MSU quarterbacks Drew Stanton and Brian Hoyer.

I'd love to see us draft Russell Wilson. He's athletic, intelligent and mature. I think he's someone who may go late 2nd or 3rd round, and if he's there, would be a good fit.

Tim
12-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Kellen Moore, Chase Daniel

Blueflame
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Drew Brees (NO) -
Matt Flynn (GB) -
Alex Smith (SF) -
Kyle Orton (DEN) -
Jason Campbell (OAK) -
Donovan McNabb (MIN) -
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

Shouldn't that read:
"Kyle Orton (KC)? ???

KevinJames
12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Dennis Dixon would be a nice pick up as backup for this offense, he has shown some promise in spot duty at times.

canadianbroncosfan
12-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Kellen Moore. Pick him up for pocket lint late in the draft.

He already knows the "Broncos" offense :~ohyah!:

canadianbroncosfan
12-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Drew Brees (NO) -
Matt Flynn (GB) -
Alex Smith (SF) -
Kyle Orton (DEN) -
Jason Campbell (OAK) -
Donovan McNabb (MIN) -
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

Damn he's restricted, too bad Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
12-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Give me the best pocket passer. who can make nfl throws is pretty agile in the pocket and is accurate and smart. whoever that maybe

24champ
12-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I expect Quinn to be resigned for another year and drafting Ryan Lindley from San Diego State.

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/3904895.jpg

razorwire77
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
I expect Quinn to be resigned for another year and drafting Ryan Lindley from San Diego State.

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/3904895.jpg

I think that's a real possibility, but with Barkley returning to SC, Jones most likely returning to OU and RGIII still on the fence, I think Lindley probably gets drafted in the 2nd round rather than the 3rd. I doubt the front office is going to draft a QB higher than the 3rd or 4th round this year, but if Lindley is sitting there in the 3rd round I wouldn't be surprised. Lindley strikes me as an Elway type QB. California kid, big arm, good size. In the few games I saw of him this year mobility seems to be a concern though.

BroncoInferno
12-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I think Dixon would be a good fit and, if things go south with Tebow, he has a little upside, too. Then draft someone in the middle rounds for 3rd string.

oubronco
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Ryan Tannehill is better than Lindley

Gort
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
why do we HAVE to draft a QB. we have Webber. we have Tebow. i think it makes more sense to get a journeyman backup. use your draft picks to start restocking the cupboard. if after the 2012 season, Tebow hasn't locked up the job, then go all in and try and draft a QBOTF. i hope it doesn't come to that, but it's crazy to give up any picks in the next draft. we need them. we have lots of needs more pressing than a QB.

DENVERDUI55
12-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Hoyer?

DBroncos4life
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
why do we HAVE to draft a QB. we have Webber. we have Tebow. i think it makes more sense to get a journeyman backup. use your draft picks to start restocking the cupboard. if after the 2012 season, Tebow hasn't locked up the job, then go all in and try and draft a QBOTF. i hope it doesn't come to that, but it's crazy to give up any picks in the next draft. we need them. we have lots of needs more pressing than a QB.

Webber is about as proven as the pull out method.

DENVERDUI55
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Webber is about as proven as the pull out method.

Pull method is 70 percent successful.

robbieopperude
12-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Quinn will be our number 2 next year. Mark it down.
I would be willing to take Russel Wilson in RD 4 or Kellen Moore in RD 5. I don't want to go QB with our first 3 picks.
DB, DT, LB, WR, TE instead.

SpringStein
12-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I like Chandler Harnish (Northern Illinois), might be able to get him in the 6th round.

houghtam
12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Hoyer?

I'd be okay with it, but I think you'd have a contingent of Munsonites here that would hate him just because he's a Patriot.

Boomhauer
12-28-2011, 07:19 PM
WIJG - "why do we HAVE to draft a QB. we have Webber. we have Tebow. i think it makes more sense to get a journeyman backup. use your draft picks to start restocking the cupboard... we have lots of needs more pressing than a QB."

Re; Re-sign Brady Quinn? I know he can scramble, just hasn't shown the cajones to.

Crushaholic
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
how 'bout the kid (I know, he's 29) from Oklahoma State?

If Brandon Weeden was the age of the typical college graduate, he would be listed as one of the top QBs in this draft. The kid can play. I don't know if an NFL team will invest in a rookie on the wrong side of 20. However, he might be a steal in the 6th or 7th rounds...

houghtam
12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
If Brandon Weeden was the age of the typical college graduate, he would be listed as one of the top QBs in this draft. The kid can play. I don't know if an NFL team will invest in a rookie on the wrong side of 20. However, he might be a steal in the 6th or 7th rounds...

Don't know much about Weeden, but Chris Weinke was taken in the 4th at the age of 28. Of course, the Panthers went 1-15 his first year, but I think the dude was a backup for like 5 or 6 years.

cutthemdown
12-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Well the Vikes are just going to give us Harvin so it's on par for the board.

Yep! They make it seem like the FO should be able to sign whatever FA they want, trade for who they want, etc etc.

I love the pre draft stuff where fans on the board start saying how we should move up or down the draft and give all these great ideas of how easy it would be.

cutthemdown
12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I would be willing to take Russel Wilson in RD 4 or Kellen Moore in RD 5. I don't want to go QB with our first 3 picks.

Tebow lays another egg and loses this game, Quinn may be number 1 lol!

ScottXray
12-28-2011, 10:15 PM

I think Moore will go late 2nd , early third. Everyone says he's too small for the NFL ...but then Drew Brees is too small too. Someone will take a flyer on him before the 4th /5th rounds, cause he has some real skills in the pocket.

He can throw a nice ball. Can't run for squat though in the NFL. Too slow for that, and will get killed if he tries. Probably will make a good back up for a regular offense, and could surprise after he gets used to the the speed of the NFL. Thats why I don't think he lasts til the 4th . Probably a Bellicheck pick by the 3rd . They have picks to waste every year, which is why they continue to own the East.

lolcopter
12-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Depending on how the STL/Indy situation (and our playoff picture) plays out, I seriously think Elway might still pull off a blockbuster trade for Luck

If not, I'd like to see them bring in a guy like Dixon to backup and compete with Weber

barryr
12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Considering the Broncos do not have an overabundance of talent on the roster, much less an excess of draft picks, they do not have the ammunition to trade that far up in the draft to have a shot at Luck even if they wanted to do it.

Also since this team is short on talent, if we pretend they did make such a trade, one can only assume it includes many high draft choices and maybe even a young player or 2 to get it done. So the Broncos have Luck and what else on this team, and what resources to acquire more talent? Not much.

elsid13
12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
I think Moore will go late 2nd , early third. Everyone says he's too small for the NFL ...but then Drew Brees is too small too. Someone will take a flyer on him before the 4th /5th rounds, cause he has some real skills in the pocket.

He can throw a nice ball. Can't run for squat though in the NFL. Too slow for that, and will get killed if he tries. Probably will make a good back up for a regular offense, and could surprise after he gets used to the the speed of the NFL. Thats why I don't think he lasts til the 4th . Probably a Bellicheck pick by the 3rd . They have picks to waste every year, which is why they continue to own the East.

Bree's is about 6'1, Moore isn't that big. He won't go before the 5th round or so.

doonwise
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Who does EFX bring in at the QB spot, as they are probably not going to extend Brady Quinn? Who would you prefer to bring in, poll to follow and be realistic cuz Luck ain't coming here.

Weber.

Aftermath
12-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I think Flynn is secretly a good quarterback. I also wouldn't mind Dixon. Also, a big N O to Cousins and Wilson.

houghtam
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
I think Flynn is secretly a good quarterback. I also wouldn't mind Dixon. Also, a big N O to Cousins and Wilson.

Let's see...Tigers logo in your avatar...

Michigan fan? ;D

Aftermath
01-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Let's see...Tigers logo in your avatar...

Michigan fan? ;D

Like them both, but not a fan of Cousins.
Looks like I was right on Flynn.....