PDA

View Full Version : Norv

Ray Finkle
12-26-2011, 07:21 AM
If he is canned, I'd love for them to bring him here as an OC....

RhymesayersDU
12-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Cue "yakety sax."

Spider
12-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Norv Turner developing Teebs into a NFL qb ? ..........Hell yeah give it a whirl ....

cutthemdown
12-26-2011, 07:34 AM
He's like the Wade Phillips of offense. Just maybe too much a players coach to be a head coach? Who knows but like Phillips, I agree he will go somewhere and make his unit better then last yr.

Some say the Jets in the market for a new o coord. I doubt it very much if any of the Broncos coaches get fired. It's just not good football to miss a whole offseason, with all new coaches, then fire them after first yr. We need to get some continuity going and after only 1 yr you can't evaluate these coaches that well. The O coord had no time with either QB, then one got benched, he had new rb, lost his number 1 wr to a trade etc etc.

So until we have a ton of good players on offense, and they coach not using them right, I think he gets a couple more yrs to coach them up.

Seriously what player on the Broncos offense is Tebows touchdown machine, or guy the other team is saying we have to account for this player, or he torches us? Let's be honest, none of them. He doesn't have one real NFL caliber stud to design Tebows attack around.

bowtown
12-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Nobody on this staff is changing this off season.

SABOTAGE

go_broncos
12-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I would love to have him here.

barryr
12-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Not happening. Turner's offense is more about the pass than anything Fox is comfortable with.

UberBroncoMan
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Not happening. Turner's offense is more about the pass than anything Fox is comfortable with.

Bingo!

That said, he still had LT running close to 300 carries a year in his first two years in SD.

Besides he's not going to can McCoy. Fox and him are good friends from back at Carolina. We all know how friend stuff goes.

cough *Slowik* cough

Ray Finkle
12-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Not so....he's passed more without the bellow back.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Honestly, I think Norv would be a good fit for Tebow. Powering running that emphasizes deep passing off of play-action....that plays into Tebow's strong points and plays into Fox's philosophy as well. That said, I don't see Fox making a move.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Not really. Look at the Dallas offense when Norv was there. He runs a power running scheme with the passing game working off of play-action and taking shots downfield. Would fit in with what Fox prefers. Again, though, I don't see it happening.

mwill07
12-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I would fully endorse this move.

errand
12-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Not to mention he'd like his QB to actually be able to throw the ball with even moderately tolerable accuracy.

barryr
12-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Not really. Look at the Dallas offense when Norv was there. He runs a power running scheme with the passing game working off of play-action and taking shots downfield. Would fit in with what Fox prefers. Again, though, I don't see it happening.

Well, he also had Emmitt Smith at RB, so yeah, running the ball was key for them, but they could run and pass effectively at any time.

Kaylore
12-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Norv's style fits Tebow's and to some extent also Fox's. Lots of long routes downfield and dump offs. That would be helpful.

BabyTO
12-27-2011, 01:00 AM
heard on nfl network (that fat guy with the glasses) that norv is headed towards baltimore. would love to have him here but we'll see i guess

houghtam
12-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Not to mention he'd like his QB to actually be able to throw the ball with even moderately tolerable accuracy.

DERP

ol#7
12-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Wow, look who's bitchy, suprise, suprise!

gunns
12-27-2011, 06:39 AM
He's like the Wade Phillips of offense. Just maybe too much a players coach to be a head coach? Who knows but like Phillips, I agree he will go somewhere and make his unit better then last yr.

Some say the Jets in the market for a new o coord. I doubt it very much if any of the Broncos coaches get fired. It's just not good football to miss a whole offseason, with all new coaches, then fire them after first yr. We need to get some continuity going and after only 1 yr you can't evaluate these coaches that well. The O coord had no time with either QB, then one got benched, he had new rb, lost his number 1 wr to a trade etc etc.

So until we have a ton of good players on offense, and they coach not using them right, I think he gets a couple more yrs to coach them up.

Seriously what player on the Broncos offense is Tebows touchdown machine, or guy the other team is saying we have to account for this player, or he torches us? Let's be honest, none of them. He doesn't have one real NFL caliber stud to design Tebows attack around.

While I agree with you on the continuity I believe McCoy needs to go. I don't believe an off season and a full year will make any difference. I don't believe that if any of the above transactions during the season had much to do with his ineptness. I think the guy is in over his head. This reminds me of the Slowik/Shanahan friendship. Not good.

Ray Finkle
12-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Norv's style fits Tebow's and to some extent also Fox's. Lots of long routes downfield and dump offs. That would be helpful.

Norv is an excellent QB coach as well. This is something Denver needs to invest heavily in.

WolfpackGuy
12-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Not saying he can't do it, but Tebow would have to improve a lot on his anticipation and throwing guys open to run what Turner runs.

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Everytime I scroll down & see that midget in your avatar I automatically know I'm about to read something retarded.

errand
12-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Everytime I scroll down & see that midget in your avatar I automatically know I'm about to read something retarded.

You wanna bitch about me, go for it...leave my wife outta it.

Post a pic of your wife douchebag if you dare...

errand
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Wow, look who's b****y, suprise, suprise!

Accuracy matters in Norv's offense....those that are accurate succeed in it...those that don't will not.

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Norv is an excellent QB coach as well. This is something Denver needs to invest heavily in.

I concur.

Sign Mike Tolbert and Norv. Tebow's work ethic alone will ensure that he's improved next year. Have him work with a guy like Norv and you've got a nice combination, IMO.

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
You wanna b**** about me, go for it...leave my wife outta it.

Post a pic of your wife douchebag if you dare...
Sucks to be you. I'd gladly post a pic if someone explains how to. I've never posted a pic in a forum before. I can assure you my wife will win that battle.
If u wanna come here & troll, I will too.

maher_tyler
12-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Not mention SD always seems to one of the better teams in the league at running a screen...how much would that help when teams think they can all out blitz us every game! All this being said, McCoy is prolly still coordinator next year.

peacepipe
12-27-2011, 09:00 AM
better question may be does norv run an option offense.

errand
12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
ISucks to be you. I'd gladly post a pic if someone explains how to. I've never posted a pic in a forum before. I can assure you my wife will win that battle.

I'm not trolling.....just have a different opinion on the passing prowess of our qb.....you wanna debate that, fine....but please explain what my wife has to do with your issues with me. Your wife could have an ass 4 axe handles wide and I wouldn't say anything derogatory about her.

I love clowns like you who talk **** via the internet when they know if they said the same **** to someone's face, they'd be picking up their teeth....but douchebags are always gonna douchebags,chilling out sipping their liquid courage of vinegar and water

Bacchus
12-27-2011, 10:56 AM

No respectable offensive coordinator who has other NFL options will come to denver unless they draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. I'm sure Turner has better ideas with his post Chugger career that does not involve teaching Tebow how to throw the ball.

Bacchus
12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm not trolling.....just have a different opinion on the passing prowess of our qb.....you wanna debate that, fine....but please explain what my wife has to do with your issues wuth me. Your wife could have an ass 4 axe handles wide and I wouldn't say anything derogatory about her.

Wife smack rules.

bendog
12-27-2011, 11:11 AM
better question may be does norv run an option offense.

Yes, but by design every possession must end with a fumble.

Bacchus
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Sucks to be you. I'd gladly post a pic if someone explains how to. I've never posted a pic in a forum before. I can assure you my wife will win that battle.

I took this picture of my wife before I left the house this morning.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq188/DrSayre/jessica-alba.jpg

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I didn't even know it was the guys wife anyways...I just thought it was a midge, excuse me. And for the record I'd looove to see your reaction if you had to step up to me to knock my teeth out.

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I took this picture of my wife before I left the house this morning.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq188/DrSayre/jessica-alba.jpg

You're a lucky man.:)

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I

I'm not trolling.....just have a different opinion on the passing prowess of our qb.....you wanna debate that, fine....but please explain what my wife has to do with your issues with me. Your wife could have an ass 4 axe handles wide and I wouldn't say anything derogatory about her.

I love clowns like you who talk **** via the internet when they know if they said the same **** to someone's face, they'd be picking up their teeth....but douchebags are always gonna douchebags,chilling out sipping their liquid courage of vinegar and water

Yea...we get it, you think Tebow sucks. Why tell us 25 times per day that you feel like that? Answer, to troll. All of you Tebow haters don't get it. Hate him all you want but after the first hundred times of letting us know what you think of him, move on. Why don't you haters just put ”I hate Tebow” or ”Tebow sucks” in your sig & spare us the broken record posts?

errand
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I didn't even know it was the guys wife anyways...I just thought it was a midge, excuse me. And for the record I'd looove to see your reaction if you had to step up to me to knock my teeth out.

Yeah, I know cuz your 6'3"...rich, with six pack abs just like every other douchebag....if I stumbled onto your mom's basement (or command center, as you probably call it), I'd gladly get in your ugly mug, and make you call me "sir"

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I know cuz your 6'3"...rich, with six pack abs just like every other douchebag....if I stumbled onto your mom's basement (or command center, as you probably call it), I'd gladly get in your ugly mug, and make you call me "sir"

6'3? Nope. You`re getting close though. Whatever you say buddy. You are obviously tough as nails. Keep dreamin gaybob.

errand
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Yea...we get it, you think Tebow sucks. Why tell us 25 times per day that you feel like that? Answer, to troll. All of you Tebow haters don't get it. Hate him all you want but after the first hundred times of letting us know what you think of him, move on. Why don't you haters just put ”I hate Tebow” or ”Tebow sucks” in your sig & spare us the broken record posts?

Again...search "tebow"...."tim"...or "kid"...and read EVERY post by me about him....

I've made this challenge to other polesmokers like you....and they to pussy out. Wouldn't shock me if you did too

Ironlung
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Eat s h I t! I don't need to look you up. You`re always quick to bash. That's all I need to know, dicklicker.