PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers for MVP

DB-Freak
12-25-2011, 07:59 PM
For anyone watching the game right now, this guy is absolutely incredible....

UberBroncoMan
12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
He deserves it. Has all year.

Easy shoe in for HoF if he stays injury free or baring some sort of catastrophic meltdown.

Green Bay is a lucky town.

OrangeSe7en
12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Meh. It seems like they throw a flag whenever he throws an incompletion. You're bound to have good stats when every incompletion is erased by a penalty.

HAT
12-25-2011, 08:03 PM

He deserves it for sure....Saints are still going to **** them up in the NFCCG though.

Bronx33
12-25-2011, 08:11 PM

I am watching and i agree.

backup qb
12-25-2011, 08:20 PM
He is awesome.

DBroncos4life
12-25-2011, 09:08 PM
This is why everyone is in love with Luck.

Bronco Rob
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Meh. It seems like they throw a flag whenever he throws an incompletion. You're bound to have good stats when every incompletion is erased by a penalty.

Sorry you must have him confused with Roger Goodell's girlfriend Tom Brady.

:sunshine:

Ratboy
12-25-2011, 09:15 PM
He deserves it. Has all year.

Easy shoe in for HoF if he stays injury free or baring some sort of catastrophic meltdown.

Green Bay is a lucky town.

I wish we could get our Aaron Rodgers. =(

HAT
12-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Because he's going to slide to the 20's? :twokisses

DB-Freak
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Rodgers wasn't a prospect like Luck.

Im actually surprised Rodgers would be this good. All the scouting reports back when he was drafted didn't really predict this.

HAT
12-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Rodgers wasn't a prospect like Luck.

Im actually surprised Rodgers would be this good. All the scouting reports back when he was drafted didn't really predict this.

Yes he was and yes they did.

Dagmar
12-25-2011, 10:04 PM
The stat of Chicago vs GB 27 - 12 was telling. 15 qbs for Chicago vs 2 for gb in that time.

gunns
12-26-2011, 05:20 AM
He makes Favre look like Orton. Green Bay is truly a lucky town. Amazing what he has done this year with little running game, like last year, and their D this year. But that D looks to be a major liability against a dominating O like NO has become.

barryr
12-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Having WR 's and TE's that can catch the ball helps any passing attack, but Rodgers is very quick with his decisions and is right most of the time. Basically like Brees, who does the same. Neither offense relies on the run that much, just a changeup is all.

lolcopter
12-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I wish we could get our Aaron Rodgers. =(

john elway ldo

Kaylore
12-26-2011, 08:54 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/smmWumw_EmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyR
12-26-2011, 09:13 AM

LOL Seriously? The best QB in the NFL gets a "meh" from you?

Atwater His Ass
12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Kind of like when the 49ers went from Montana to Young.

Spider
12-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Rodgers can read a D , he knows before the ball is snapped ..... Few have that ability ...
cant confuse Rodgers ...

oubronco
12-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Hilarious! Really

DBroncos4life
12-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Rodgers can read a D , he knows before the ball is snapped ..... Few have that ability ...
cant confuse Rodgers ...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2746

With good size, arm strength, decision-making, leadership abilities, and just about everything else you could want in a quarterback, Luck could have been the top pick in last year's draft. Instead, he opted to return to school and take another run at a title. Luck runs a pro-style offense with the Stanford Cardinals. He checks the defense quite often and is given a ton of control to call his own plays at the line if need be. He stays in the pocket and trusts his eyes to find the open man. Sometimes he can be a little too confident when making his throws, but all in all, Luck tends to make the right decisions with the ball.

Like I said before, this is why everyone wants Luck. What he does is very Manning and Rodgers like. No one can say he will be just as good as them, he is worth the risk though.

Spider
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2746

With good size, arm strength, decision-making, leadership abilities, and just about everything else you could want in a quarterback, Luck could have been the top pick in last year's draft. Instead, he opted to return to school and take another run at a title. Luck runs a pro-style offense with the Stanford Cardinals. He checks the defense quite often and is given a ton of control to call his own plays at the line if need be. He stays in the pocket and trusts his eyes to find the open man. Sometimes he can be a little too confident when making his throws, but all in all, Luck tends to make the right decisions with the ball.

Like I said before, this is why everyone wants Luck. What he does is very Manning and Rodgers like. No one can say he will be just as good as them, he is worth the risk though.

fair enough and a very impressive resume , but would you personally risk having Teebs to try for Luck ?

DBroncos4life
12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
fair enough and a very impressive resume , but would you personally risk having Teebs to try for Luck ?

I was one of a few people here that was happy when we drafted Tebow, before the nut jobs joined the site. I think he is a gamer and can be good down the road, that said anyone that wouldn't trade Tebow for Luck is lying or not a Broncos fan. I can't think of any fans from any NFL team besides the Pats, Saints, and Packers that are so set at QB that Luck wouldn't be better then the guy they have IF he lives up to the hype.

Spider
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I was one of a few people here that was happy when we drafted Tebow, before the nut jobs joined the site. I think he is a gamer and can be good down the road, that said anyone that wouldn't trade Tebow for Luck is lying or not a Broncos fan. I can't think of any fans from any NFL team besides the Pats, Saints, and Packers that are so set at QB that Luck wouldn't be better then the guy they have IF he lives up to the hype.

I see it different , I wouldnt trade Teebs for luck , either Teebs will be the biggest pork chop at the qb position the NFL defenses feasted on or he will be a blue collar double tough lead his team into some dog fights and come out on top type of QB .... give me the tough guy , the guy the rest of the players look in the eye and know he isnt going to wilt .....

Requiem
12-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Most every scouting report out there showed skepticism of Rodgers and unfairly compared him to other Tedford QB's who bombed in the NFL. You'd be hard pressed to see any reports that showed he would be this good.

errand
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
LOL Seriously? The best QB in the NFL gets a "meh" from you?

You have to forgive him....he thinks the NFL's best QB plays in Denver and wears jersey #15.

lolcopter
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Rodgers brees co mvps imo

lolcopter
12-26-2011, 08:46 PM
You have to forgive him....he thinks the NFL's best QB plays in Denver and wears jersey #15.

Except not really

But since that's your bread and butter talking point lately have at it

gunns
12-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Cracked me up on Mike and Mike this morning. Kordell Stewart was on there and there was a debate on the MVP. Someone made an argument for Brees and Kordell said he was sticking with Rodgers. He said that Brees had lost to the Rams. Someone else, can't remember who, said Rodgers lost to the Chiefs, what's the difference? Had me rolling. Pretty bad when your team is compared to the Rams.

Mountain Bronco
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Really? He was the 24th pick so not sure that is correct. There was some doubt about him coming out of Cal and being a system guy. Doubt is erased obviously.

I think you have to look at Drew Brees as well. Not every day you set the passing record and the talent surrounding each player is similar.

bendog
12-27-2011, 12:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/64079.html

Rodgers' arm is better than it was scouted, a bit like Brees that way.

OEII
12-27-2011, 01:04 PM

This.

The ultimate test for each person on this board: Trade for Luck, Yes or No. That's as clear as its gets. Tebow fans would be content with a middle-of-the-road franchise as long as Tebow is QB all's right in the world. They will fall on the No side. Broncos fans want championships and to compete with the top franchises in the NFL. They will fall on the Yes side.

Anybody who wouldn't want Elway to do everything in his power to get Luck, simply do not have the Broncos' best interest at heart, period.

OEII
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Most every scouting report out there showed skepticism of Rodgers and unfairly compared him to other Tedford QB's who bombed in the NFL. You'd be hard pressed to see any reports that showed he would be this good.

This is true, but if you remember as he started to fall out of the top five in the draft, it was a huge draft day story. So you're correct, teams were skeptical of the Tedford background, but he was viewed as a top 5 pick nonetheless.

Gort
12-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Peyton Manning is the 2011 MVP. no single player is more valuable to his team than Manning to the Colts. with him, playoffs. without him, awful.

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2011, 01:10 PM
This.

The ultimate test for each person on this board: Trade for Luck, Yes or No. That's as clear as its gets. Tebow fans would be content with a middle-of-the-road franchise as long as Tebow is QB all's right in the world. They will fall on the No side. Broncos fans want championships and to compete with the top franchises in the NFL. They will fall on the Yes side.

Anybody who wouldn't want Elway to do everything in his power to get Luck, simply do not have the Broncos' best interest at heart, period.

The devil's in the details. Straight up, Tebow for Luck's an easy choice. But you know we'll likely have to go Mike Ditka and give up a huge part of our draft to even get a sniff. Any FO worth their salt will explore the possibility of moving up for Luck but realistically, this ain't happening. So the question becomes can Tebow improve and become a top 10 QB (notice, i didn't type 'passer') when all factors are weighed. He deserves the chance, as he's essentially a rookie qb on par with ponder, dalton, cam, etc. Of course, he's no cam but should be in the conversation with the others.

Gort
12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
This.

trading for Luck is trading away alot of top picks. we need more than just a servicable QB. if you think Luck is also going to play S and MLB and OL and RB, then fine. but make no mistake, you will pay a king's ransom to get Luck and there's no guarantee he's a future HOF'er.

oubronco
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
This.

Trade Tebow for Luck.................Hell Yea in a heartbeat

Rolandftw
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Depends what it cost to get Luck. Sounds like a bit of the talk on him as cooled down. Even some whisperings that RGIII is seen as a better prospect, at least to some GM's.

If it only cost Tebow, this year's first and next year's first to get a deal done think you'd have to do it. If you're talking about giving up 8-12 picks to get it done, probably not worth it.

Play2win
12-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Wait a year for Barkley, if you are going to go that route.