PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Real Here

TD4HOF
12-24-2011, 04:35 PM
How many of us would've been thrilled to know we'd go into week 17 controlling our own destiny at home versus a disheartened, injury-riddled Chiefs squad? With a chance for a home playoff game?! Are you kidding me?!

We need to be fired up and the stadium better be rocking like an AC/DC concert back in the day.

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Please tell that to our team and coaches as they are not playing like that.

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Yep today sucks but they are still in it. Fans..... do it!

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 04:39 PM
How many of us would've been thrilled to know we'd go into week 17 controlling our own destiny at home versus a disheartened, injury-riddled Chiefs squad? With a chance for a home playoff game?! Are you kidding me?!

We need to be fired up and the stadium better be rocking like an AC/DC concert back in the day.

The fact we are watching football that matters by our team this late in the season after our start is great. No idea why people would be so bitter towards this team who has greatly over achieved after starting 1-4.

TD4HOF
Please tell that to our team and coaches as they are not playing like that.

Let's hope the coaches step up in the first half. The 2nd quarter nonsense is no coincidence. Opponents are destroying us on the first wave of adjustments before halftime.

Smiling Assassin27
this is a call to all the wine and cheesers for sunday. leave the chardonnay at home and go with straight tequila. we need it LOUD and rockin' on sunday.

still, win or lose, this year will be a memorable one. it'll be remembered as the year the OM came together as one. ;)

vonqkilla
12-24-2011, 04:40 PM

I totally agree.

No fate but what we make! T2 was on hbo.

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Let's hope the coaches step up in the first half. The 2nd quarter nonsense is no coincidence. Opponents are destroying us on the first wave of adjustments before halftime.

They are adjusting after first few drives..

Smiling Assassin27
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM
bills had the personnel to push from the middle. dareus is everything we thought he'd be and von was MIA today. there's a way to shut down our run and it's to attack the middle where walton and beadles are small, weak, and a liability.

TD4HOF
12-24-2011, 04:43 PM
The fact we are watching football that matters by our team this late in the season after our start is great. No idea why people would be so bitter towards this team who has greatly over achieved after starting 1-4.

I'll be distracted and looking forward to it allllll week. If we win, it'll be MEMORABLE! 2011 AFC West champions two months after that abominable Suck for Luck nonsense.

We were considering the 1st overall pick in friggin' mid-October.

Gort
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM

yes. let's get real. you know that you're never going to sleep with Cindy Crawford. it's just not going to happen, right? until one day when somebody fixes you up on a blind date and that blind date turns out to be Cindy Crawford. do you go to that dinner just happy to be able to have dinner for Cindy Crawford, or do you bring your A game and pull out all the stops to charm the pants off of her, knowing its your ONLY shot.

that's how i feel about the Broncos. we knew going into the year it was a rebuilding year. but the stars lined up and we got to 8-5 with 3 to play, needing 2 wins against BUF and KC to secure a playoff spot. this Broncos team seems to be happy to have just reached the 8 win mark. they didn't bring their A game against NE. they didn't bring their A game against BUF. they damned well better bring their A game against KC or this season will be a failure. for the 3rd time in 4 years, they'll lose out to miss the playoffs after being in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

that's being real. right now, i am so disgusted with this whole team from top to bottom that i wouldn't cross the street to pee on any of them if they were on fire.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
yes. let's get real. you know that you're never going to sleep with Cindy Crawford. it's just not going to happen, right? until one day when somebody fixes you up on a blind date and that blind date turns out to be Cindy Crawford. do you go to that dinner just happy to be able to have dinner for Cindy Crawford, or do you bring your A game and pull out all the stops to charm the pants off of her, knowing its your ONLY shot.

that's how i feel about the Broncos. we knew going into the year it was a rebuilding year. but the stars lined up and we got to 8-5 with 3 to play, needing 2 wins against BUF and KC to secure a playoff spot. this Broncos team seems to be happy to have just reached the 8 win mark. they didn't bring their A game against NE. they didn't bring their A game against BUF. they damned well better bring their A game against KC or this season will be a failure. for the 3rd time in 4 years, they'll lose out to miss the playoffs after being in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

that's being real. right now, i am so disgusted with this whole team from top to bottom that i wouldn't cross the street to pee on any of them if they were on fire.

Cindy Crawford? You're dating yourself here.

But I kind of agree. In the NFL, for better or worse, you're only as good as your last game. If we don't make the playoffs, you think our coaches and front office will say "well, we're better than we thought we were going into the season" or do you think they'll wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the latter.

I dont really like many of the front office decisions, i think they've made many mistakes, and I honestly don't trust them much going forward.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I think I predicted 8-8 coming in to this season. Anything above that is gravy.

On to KC.

:Broncos:

Orange4Life
12-24-2011, 04:53 PM

I agree. But I can't do it right now. Maybe tomorrow, or Monday. For sure by Wednesday.

Archer81

2011 Cindy Crawford or 1995 Cindy Crawford?

I dont care either way but the distinction is important.

Gort
Cindy Crawford? You're dating yourself here.

But I kind of agree. In the NFL, for better or worse, you're only as good as your last game. If we don't make the playoffs, you think our coaches and front office will say "well, we're better than we thought we were going into the season" or do you think they'll wanna throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the latter.

I dont really like many of the front office decisions, i think they've made many mistakes, and I honestly don't trust them much going forward.

ok, change Cindy to Stephanie Seymour. :)

Gort
12-24-2011, 04:55 PM
2011 Cindy Crawford or 1995 Cindy Crawford?

I dont care either way but the distinction is important.

how about 1989 Cindy Crawford?

Archer81
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
how about 1989 Cindy Crawford?

Why not Kathy Ireland?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Why not Kathy Ireland?

Was never a fan of hers for whatever reason. I heard today Mark Sanchez was bangin Kate Upton. Which made me depressed for a millisecond... until I realized that even if she wasn't banging him, she wouldnt be banging me.

Gort
12-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Why not Kathy Ireland?

she works too.

my point is only losers can find a silver lining to losing 3 straight games to miss the playoffs. it got Shanny fired. it put McD on notice. Fox better not add his name to that infamous list.

errand
12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
What I find silly is that Tebow's three losses this season have been very lopsided...every one of them, the opposing team scored at least 40 points. In fact our three losses with him have been by the average score of 42-16.

Wasn't that one of the Tebowners biggest arguments for him to be our starter...that we scored more points with him?

Gort
12-24-2011, 05:01 PM
What I find silly is that Tebow's three losses this season have been very lopsided...every one of them, the opposing team scored at least 40 points. In fact our three losses with him have been by the average score of 42-16.

Wasn't that one of the Tebowners biggest arguments for him to be our starter...that we scored more points with him?

don't be daft.

put any young QB behind by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, with his OL not protecting him and his D not stopping the other team, and you'll get the same thing... the QB has to play recklessly or concede the game. you play recklessly, you make mistakes.

Tebow was fine until the 4th quarter.

Tebow's first INT came with 2:09 left in the 3rd, down 23-14.

his next 3 INTs came in desperation time in the 4th.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:02 PM
she works too.

my point is only losers can find a silver lining to losing 3 straight games to miss the playoffs. it got Shanny fired. it put McD on notice. Fox better not add his name to that infamous list.

I think expectations should be factored into such things. 8-5 in 2008 is different then 8-5 in 2011. We were not supposed to win 8 games in 2011, not with the holes this team has. I hear what you are saying, no one likes to be in prime position late in the year and fumble it away. Things will go as they must, and either way you and I will still be here a year from now cheering on the 2012 squad.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:03 PM

...this post infers you preferred losing 24-21? End result is the same, isnt it?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Its a lot more indicative of our team sucking than just Tim. Tim sucked today. But I'm not sure I'd be upset if we lost any players on our team save for maybe 4 or 5. (Miller, Doom, Bailey...ummmmm...hmmmm...maybe Demaryius Thomas)

Gort
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
...this post infers you preferred losing 24-21? End result is the same, isnt it?

Errand is one of those members for whom Tebow can do no right and who delights in seeing the Broncos lose with Tebow at QB. don't waste your time with him. he's got a stick up his butt about Tebow for some reason.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Errand is one of those members for whom Tebow can do no right and who delights in seeing the Broncos lose with Tebow at QB. don't waste your time with him. he's got a stick up his butt about Tebow for some reason.

Alot of people have problems with Tebow. He's the guy now and for the immediate future. I'm excited about where he will be at developmentally a year from now. If Denver is a playoff team with a raw Tebow, what will happen when he knows what the hell he is doing?

Gort
12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Alot of people have problems with Tebow. He's the guy now and for the immediate future. I'm excited about where he will be at developmentally a year from now. If Denver is a playoff team with a raw Tebow, what will happen when he knows what the hell he is doing?

i'm on board with Tebow for 2012. but i'm not sure any QB is going to be successful here with the current roster and coaching staff. normally, half hour after a loss, i'm over it. after today's cluster****, i'm still mad. just like i was after some of those blowouts in recent years to the Sparklers.

Kaylore
12-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty disappointed with the team. I really thought they were going to settle down. They seem to be a good group of guys but the lack of speed is pretty problematic. We need to get faster this offseason on both sides of the ball.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:24 PM
i'm on board with Tebow for 2012. but i'm not sure any QB is going to be successful here with the current roster and coaching staff. normally, half hour after a loss, i'm over it. after today's cluster****, i'm still mad. just like i was after some of those blowouts in recent years to the Sparklers.

A couple of things were obvious today. The passing game McCoy is calling is taking too long to develop down field. There is not a rule that says when the Broncos pass it must be for 40 yard gains at a time. The second thing is is that Fox and McCoy need to realize that not even Tebow can get 6-10 yards when the team is facing 8 and 9 man fronts on running plays. They need to trust Tebow to get the ball out to keep the offense moving.

Rohirrim
12-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I consider this the brain fart game for the whole team. Now that they got that out of their systems, they need to come out next week and wipe up Mile High with the Chiefs. No excuses.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
I consider this the brain fart game for the whole team. Now that they got that out of their systems, they need to come out next week and wipe up Mile High with the Chiefs. No excuses.

This.

Taco John
12-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Mama said there'd be days like this. The truth is, this is still a bad team who have been playing way over their heads. That was bound to catch up to them. We have a lot that needs improving over the offseason. Anything we get from this point forward should be seen as gravy, IMHO.

errand
12-24-2011, 05:45 PM

Then by your own logic why would us finishing with a mediocre 8-8 record with another guy under center be less worthy...same result right?

any quarterback down by 3 scores, will make mistakes..... will throw interceptions. but were still not seeing any improvement on third down conversions, when opponents know we have to throw, we can't... we still have way too many 3 and outs,... and our average game scoring is down.

these were all of the reasons why a quarterback change was deemed necessary remember? we got rid of the other guy, but it doesn't seem like the supposedly better player is playing better.... so I'm just curious how finishing at .500 is any worse with 1 guy verses the other.

like you said, same freakin results

Archer81
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Then by your own logic why would us finishing with a mediocre 8-8 record with another guy under center be less worthy...same result right?

any quarterback down by 3 scores, will make mistakes..... will throw interceptions. but were still not seeing any improvement on third down conversions, when opponents know we have to throw, we can't... we still have way too many 3 and outs,... and our average game scoring is down.

these were all of the reasons why a quarterback change was deemed necessary remember? we got rid of the other guy, but it doesn't seem like the supposedly better player is playing better.... so I'm just curious how finishing at .500 is any worse with 1 guy verses the other.

like you said, same freakin results

Yet with this "horrible" offense Denver is 7-3. And the bolded is a joke. Orton is a 7 year vet making mistakes that Tebow does not make. One bad game does not undo 9 other games of work.

errand
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM

you're a f****** idiot. I've given the guy praise when he deserves it and I rip him a new one when he deserves that too.

I'm just tired of the feast or famine thing with him.... sure he pulls games out of his rear end in the 4th qtr.... but he also gets hammered 40 something to 16.

and since douchebags like yourself gave him all the credit for the wins why don't you give him all the blame for the losses.

if any other quarterback on our roster turned in a pathetic performance like he did today you guys would've tried to run him out of town.... you would have advocated billboards being put up on the way to annoint someone else the starter.

we have to win our next game at home.... and I'm just curious if the game is slipping away after the second quarter again, would you want the team to make a change at the quarterback position.... or would you rather endure another blow out loss?

I don't care if he is the future or not if he's not play well get him out of there in put somebody else in.... because unlike yourself, I don't love tim tebow... I love the broncos, I want us to be in the playoffs I don't care who our quarterback is that gets us there

errand
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Yet with this "horrible" offense Denver is 7-3. And the bolded is a joke. Orton is a 7 year vet making mistakes that Tebow does not make. One bad game does not undo 9 other games of work.

you don't understand that if we don't make the playoffs, tim tebow will no longer be the guy who took us from 1-4 to 8-5.....he'll be the 3rd QB that took us from 8-5 to 8-8 and choked away a golden opportunity.

errand
12-24-2011, 06:10 PM

oh so now it's the supporting cast surrounding the quarterback...lol.

before it was we need to change the quarterback, imposto magico we're in the playoffs.... because we didn't want to finish at 8-8 with kyle orton or brady quinn remember?

I'm sorry but Tim shat the bed today...and back to back multiple turnover games, getting beat by over 3 td's again make me angry..... because right now he is not playing any better than the clown we replaced him for.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I'll be distracted and looking forward to it allllll week. If we win, it'll be MEMORABLE! 2011 AFC West champions two months after that abominable Suck for Luck nonsense.

We were considering the 1st overall pick in friggin' mid-October.

I thought the lets be real would be real in that we aren't really that good. We rode some amazing breaks(Miami/Chicago) and won a few games. This team in a 5-6 win team catching some breaks and overachieving. Tebow isn't the guy and I am glad to know that Elway and Fox think the same way. We have won zero games when the D didn't play great other than a win over a 2 win Minnesota. Let's draft a real QB and a bunch of D and move along. We are going to get killed in first rd of playoffs by Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

Gort
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
you're a ******* idiot. I've given the guy praise when he deserves it and I rip him a new one when he deserves that too.

I'm just tired of the feast or famine thing with him.... sure he pulls games out of his rear end in the 4th qtr.... but he also gets hammered 40 something to 16.

and since douchebags like yourself gave him all the credit for the wins why don't you give him all the blame for the losses.

if any other quarterback on our roster turned in a pathetic performance like he did today you guys would've tried to run him out of town.... you would have advocated billboards being put up on the way to annoint someone else the starter.

we have to win our next game at home.... and I'm just curious if the game is slipping away after the second quarter again, would you want the team to make a change at the quarterback position.... or would you rather endure another blow out loss?

I don't care if he is the future or not if he's not play well get him out of there in put somebody else in.... because unlike yourself, I don't love tim tebow... I love the broncos, I want us to be in the playoffs I don't care who our quarterback is that gets us there

screw you. go suck goat taint.

if you think Tebow lost the game, you're a moron. he didn't have any turnovers until very late in the 3rd quarter. his 4 INTs were in desperation time. prior to that, he was basically handing off the ball all game.

sure, Tebow had a bad game statistically, but you are a prime example of a fan with only superficial understanding of what they are seeing on the TV. this game was lost by piss poor special teams play, ridiculously conservative playcalling, and a defense not able to to stop a poor Bills team. does Tebow share some blame? sure. but felchers like yourself insist on blaming everything bad on Tebow. when something good happens its in spite of him. when something bad happens, it's because of him. i've seen this act for 2 months here now. you and 10-12 other posters are all broken records. you'd rather be right that win. so go sodomize yourself you miserable prick.

i'm sorry to lose my temper to everyone else reading this, but this jackhole decided to start with the name calling. so i'm just giving it back to him in language he can understand.

errand
12-24-2011, 06:16 PM

ok according to you his superior skills trump orton's experience.... so don't even give me that crap.

and while he may be 7-3 as our starter this year, if it ends up he's 7-4... we miss out on the playoffs.

I want the kid to develop but I want the broncos to make the playoffs first and foremost.... and if that means he gets benched I don't give a crap. if they have to pull some clown out of the stands to get us in the playoffs I'm for it. because unlike a lot of you I do not engage in hero worship

Gort
12-24-2011, 06:22 PM
ok according to you his superior skills trump orton's experience.... so don't even give me that crap.

and while he may be 7-3 as our starter this year, if it ends up he's 7-4... we miss out on the playoffs.

I want the kid to develop but I want the broncos to make the playoffs first and foremost.... and if that means he gets benched I don't give a crap. if they have to pull some clown out of the stands to get us in the playoffs I'm for it. because unlike a lot of you I do not engage in hero worship

it's not hero worship. it's understanding that a young QB will make mistakes. that's what everybody said over and over trying to excuse Cutler's ****ty performances here. they told us he'd get better. they told us he needed a couple of years in the system. they told us he'd get us to a superbowl. now, none of that applies to Tebow. why is that? what is it about Tebow that you find threatening? why is there a different standard for him? Orton had 2+ years until we could no longer tolerate his suckitude. and he's a veteran. but Tebow gets all of 13 games and now anyone wnating him to have time to develop is just a hero worshipper? i don't buy it.

errand
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
screw you. go suck goat taint.

if you think Tebow lost the game, you're a moron. he didn't have any turnovers until very late in the 3rd quarter. his 4 INTs were in desperation time. prior to that, he was basically handing off the ball all game.

sure, Tebow had a bad game statistically, but you are a prime example of a fan with only superficial understanding of what they are seeing on the TV. this game was lost by piss poor special teams play, ridiculously conservative playcalling, and a defense not able to to stop a poor Bills team. does Tebow share some blame? sure. but felchers like yourself insist on blaming everything bad on Tebow. when something good happens its in spite of him. when something bad happens, it's because of him. i've seen this act for 2 months here now. you and 10-12 other posters are all broken records. you'd rather be right that win. so go sodomize yourself you miserable prick.

i'm sorry to lose my temper to everyone else reading this, but this jackhole decided to start with the name calling. so i'm just giving it back to him in language he can understand.

The pot calls the kettle black.... you throw everybody else under the bus when we lose an only give him praise when we win.

I been nothing but fair in assessing his play... but I want you to explain to me how finishing .500 with somebody else was deemed useless.

so pray tell....if our playoff chances are down to the last half of the game and we're down by 3 scores again would you make a change... or would you rather the broncos miss the playoffs just so Tim can be our starter next year?

Ray Finkle
12-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Why not Kathy Ireland?

Bea Arthur....in the Golden Girls days....one piece of ass...

TD4HOF
12-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh I was frustrated having spent 35 bucks I could ill-afford at the bar today but, hey, if nothing else, it'd be great to win next week. I think above all else, the most important thing is for Tim Tebow to get his feet wet in a playoff atmosphere. Even if they get crushed, you gotta believe he and his pals will be burning the weights all off-season, ticked and thinking about it.

I understand this thread was probably too soon after a miserable defeat, but man, it's a division title on the line we got here! It'll be fun and I think we'll win. Just ONCE, I'd love to see the Broncos win easily, easier, anything but in a cardiac arresting way.

TD4HOF
12-24-2011, 06:37 PM
I thought the lets be real would be real in that we aren't really that good. We rode some amazing breaks(Miami/Chicago) and won a few games. This team in a 5-6 win team catching some breaks and overachieving. Tebow isn't the guy and I am glad to know that Elway and Fox think the same way. We have won zero games when the D didn't play great other than a win over a 2 win Minnesota. Let's draft a real QB and a bunch of D and move along. We are going to get killed in first rd of playoffs by Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

I'm not so sure. If we could get Dawkins back out there and get some real playcalling going, Denver is built for low-scoring, gut-check affairs. Have we forgotten so quickly how good Tebow is in those 13-10 type games? Call me a blind homer, I don't care. We absolutely can beat either BAL or PIT at home.

But that's neither here nor there. This week is no gimme.

errand
12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
it's not hero worship. it's understanding that a young QB will make mistakes. that's what everybody said over and over trying to excuse Cutler's ****ty performances here. they told us he'd get better. they told us he needed a couple of years in the system. they told us he'd get us to a superbowl. now, none of that applies to Tebow. why is that? what is it about Tebow that you find threatening? why is there a different standard for him? Orton had 2+ years until we could no longer tolerate his suckitude. and he's a veteran. but Tebow gets all of 13 games and now anyone wnating him to have time to develop is just a hero worshipper? i don't buy it.

I have said all along I just wanted to see the kid make improvement... but he still misses wide open guys, he has not improved on converting 3rd downs... he still struggles to complete half of his passes.... and quite frankly getting beaten 40 something to whatever in back to back games does not sit well with me when he's had turnovers in both of those games....including two pick sixes.

I agree this team is not as good as we all thought it was during this win streak... but I am tired of starting off 8-5, and finishing at .500 and out of the playoffs.... and I don't care how much experience he has or does not have...

when I get down to crunch time we need the win not develop some young quarterback... so again I'm going to ask you, if the wheels fall off the wagon again in the second quarter like they have for the past 2 games... and we will not make the playoffs unless we win, and your boy still isn't completing half of his passes.... would you rather we bench him, and see if Quinn can we get us a victory.... or would you rather see timmy boy throw more interceptions in desperation?

frerottenextelway
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Tebow had a bad game, but we wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot next week if we didn't make the change. Anyone who still thinks making the change was a bad idea is a f'n moron

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not so sure. If we could get Dawkins back out there and get some real playcalling going, Denver is built for low-scoring, gut-check affairs. Have we forgotten so quickly how good Tebow is in those 13-10 type games? Call me a blind homer, I don't care. We absolutely can beat either BAL or PIT at home.

I truly believe against those two teams we would be lucky to score 7 pts. Those two are horrible matchups for Denver. Great D's are bad for Denver. Look at Chicago game for example.

houghtam
12-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I have said all along I just wanted to see the kid make improvement... but he still misses wide open guys, he has not improved on converting 3rd downs... he still struggles to complete half of his passes.... and quite frankly getting beaten 40 something to whatever in back to back games does not sit well with me when he's had turnovers in both of those games....including two pick sixes.

I agree this team is not as good as we all thought it was during this win streak... but I am tired of starting off 8-5, and finishing at .500 and out of the playoffs.... and I don't care how much experience he has or does not have...

when I get down to crunch time we need the win not develop some young quarterback... so again I'm going to ask you, if the wheels fall off the wagon again in the second quarter like they have for the past 2 games... and we will not make the playoffs unless we win, and your boy still isn't completing half of his passes.... would you rather we bench him, and see if Quinn can we get us a victory.... or would you rather see timmy boy throw more interceptions in desperation?

No.

Quinn is a known commodity, for better or worse (worse). Putting him in would do nothing to improve our chances of winning. If we had an untested, unproven quarterback waiting on the bench and Tebow had a terrible game? Perhaps, though I don't think you can downplay the effect that basically stirring up a QB controversy can have.

Goobzilla
12-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I pegged us from 4-6 wins at the beginning of the season so I'll take a 1 game playoff at home.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM

The issue is this. No one expected Denver to reach 8 wins in 2011. No one expected Denver to be in the position to even reach the playoffs. Tebow is a reason we are at 8-7. If we lose this last game, then we lose it. A realist would look at this year where the team as a whole overachieved. That would include Tebow, unless there is some different scale to judge him by.

He had a bad game. The entire team had a bad game. The downside of having young players in key positions.

Ratboy
12-24-2011, 09:53 PM
I pegged us from 4-6 wins at the beginning of the season so I'll take a 1 game playoff at home.

No doubt. Anything can happen in the playoffs, better to be in then out.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Let's sign Drew Brees!

Bronco Rob
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Amen. tired of all the Chicken Little fans. You either get on. Or get out.

:thumbs:

NFLBRONCO
12-24-2011, 09:58 PM

I would believe this more IF we pulled off a win against NE. After a poor effort sunday I expected more today. I think its just we are a weak team all over like we knew.

Shotgun Willie
12-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Alot of people have problems with Tebow. He's the guy now and for the immediate future. I'm excited about where he will be at developmentally a year from now.

I really doubt he'll be the Broncos starter next year if he has another outing like today, next week against KC.

Shotgun Willie
12-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Orton is a 7 year vet making mistakes that Tebow does not make.

Examples?

Archer81
12-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Examples?

Is this a serious question?

Archer81
12-24-2011, 10:11 PM
I really doubt he'll be the Broncos starter next year if he has another outing like today, next week against KC.

...and this post sums up why Denver fans have gone retarded. ZOMG...he does not take us to a title game in his first season? He's horrible. Cut him.

What universe do some of you people function in?

Bronco Rob
12-24-2011, 10:14 PM

I can remember early in Elway's career him having games like this.

BroncoBeavis
12-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Timmy will come out fighting next week. Plan on it.

I'm still completely furious at McCoy over the first half though. That was the most retarded play calling I've ever seen at any level.

errand
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3433816]I can remember early in Elway's career him having games like this.

Elway made strides in every game, as a matter of fact when he got benched for DeBerg, and came back, he played pretty good down stretch....and got us into playoffs as 9-7 wild card team

Dedhed
12-24-2011, 10:52 PM
They are adjusting after first few drives..

No they're not. The OC utterly refuses to try and stay a step ahead of the defenses we face.

We get a lead with a reasonably balanced attack. Once ahead by a mere TD we get ultra conservative until we're behind by 2+ scores, then we throw the ball.

It's agonizingly predictable.

Dedhed
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM

You're really dumb.

barryr
12-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I consider anyone still with this "Teboner" crap an idiot and not a fan of this team. Find a new team.

GreeleyGrizzley
12-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Playoffs start next week. That's how we need to look at this thing.

Flex Gunmetal
12-25-2011, 12:38 AM

Truth is we wouldn't have been 8-5 with a chance to get in the playoffs with orton. We would have been talking about potential draft picks.

The guy loses a few games after starting less than a season and you are asking more. Did you even watch this team last year?

Old Dude
12-25-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm firmly in the gravy camp. All things considered, the Broncos were at least three years away from being a contender at this same time last year. They took a double-step in 2011 and now I think that a solid off-season could put them in the running next year (for real). They need to score on two of their top three picks and they need to bring in at least one impact free agent. They need to continue to develop their younger players (and we have a lot of them). They'll still have weaknesses, but not moreso than most playoff-quality teams.

Shouldn't be that hard to do.

TD4HOF
12-25-2011, 08:43 AM
I truly believe against those two teams we would be lucky to score 7 pts. Those two are horrible matchups for Denver. Great D's are bad for Denver. Look at Chicago game for example.

Not for nothing, but isn't the Bears game a flawed example in your argument? Seeing as, like, we won? :wiggle:

I respectfully disagree. It's the high-octane, speedy teams which are the worst matchups for Denver. The more plodding, physical tams, we have a shot, emphasis on just having a shot, against.

We can beat the AFC North wild card then go to New England. TWO games of playoff experience for the younguns. This is SOOOO important, they need the taste. Then next time, they'll be even more ready. Even more than just being a happy fan, this is the biggest carrot to me.

TD4HOF
12-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Truth is we wouldn't have been 8-5 with a chance to get in the playoffs with orton. We would have been talking about potential draft picks.

The guy loses a few games after starting less than a season and you are asking more. Did you even watch this team last year?

It's typical short-term memory in this day and age. Failure to see the forest for the trees. Two months ago we were bemoaning our existence as a beleaguered fan base. One week from today, we can win the 2011 AFC West title.

I bitch and moan as much as the next guy and yesterday was embarrassing. If we were 5-10 and Tebow hadn't shown us much all year, I'd be enraged at the fall of this proud franchise. But that's simply not the case. We're 8-7, clearly improved and have a shot at the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!!!?!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!! PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANT TO TALK PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?!!!

Goobzilla
12-25-2011, 09:39 AM
We were talking Suck For Luck in Sep/Oct. Now we're talking playoffs! Now Denver is looking attractive to potential FA's this offseason.

Spider
12-25-2011, 09:43 AM
I can remember early in Elway's career him having games like this.

Really ? how many 12 point deficits did Elway turn into 26 point deficits ?

Spider
12-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I consider anyone still with this "Teboner" crap an idiot and not a fan of this team. Find a new team.

Get bent Teboner

Spider
12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Timmy will come out fighting next week. Plan on it.

I'm still completely furious at McCoy over the first half though. That was the most retarded play calling I've ever seen at any level.

sigh ..........Dan Reeves did the exact thing to Elway , run , run ....... then ok Elway convert third down best way you can ......

ol#7
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3433816]I can remember early in Elway's career him having games like this.

Elway made strides in every game, as a matter of fact when he got benched for DeBerg, and came back, he played pretty good down stretch....and got us into playoffs as 9-7 wild card team

Bull****. DeBerg is the reason we got to the playoffs that year. Maybe you dont remember the mocking 'King John' articles or how it really was, since you have gotten so much else wrong with your takes.

Spider
12-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Bull****. DeBerg is the reason we got to the playoffs that year. Maybe you dont remember the mocking 'King John' articles or how it really was, since you have gotten so much else wrong with your takes.

Really ? you sure bout that ?

ol#7
12-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Really ? you sure bout that ?

Yep, I am sure about that. DeBerg had as many wins as a starter as Elway and he started fewer games, Kubiak even got a win as a starter. Elway only won 4 of the 10 or 11 games he started that year. Plus he threw twice as many INT's as TD's, and DeBerg had almost as many passing yards as Elway despite playing less. He got us to the playoffs that year, not that it matters, but it pisses me off when Bronco fans get the team history wrong when they think they are making a point.

errand
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM

DeBerg got injured there clown....and granted DeBerg had us at 6-4...but Broncos were sitting at 7-6, when Elway led us to consecutive wins over Browns and Colts to wrap up wild card spot

Spider
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Yep, I am sure about that. DeBerg had as many wins as a starter as Elway and he started fewer games, Kubiak even got a win as a starter. Elway only won 4 of the 10 or 11 games he started that year. Plus he threw twice as many INT's as TD's, and DeBerg had almost as many passing yards as Elway despite playing less. He got us to the playoffs that year, not that it matters, but it pisses me off when Bronco fans get the team history wrong when they think they are making a point.

well I know Elway stared off with 2 wins one over the steelers and the other colts , then went on a 3 game downhill slide , then bounced back and played real strong tword the end ....

errand
12-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Trust me dude, I'm one of the better posters when it comes to Broncos history...

Nobody is discounting DeBerg's contributions in '83...my point was that as the season wore on John played better in the last few games than he did in his first few games...and his great play vs Browns and Colts put us in playoffs....

ol#7
12-25-2011, 02:55 PM

DeBerg got injured there clown....and granted DeBerg had us at 6-4...but Broncos were sitting at 7-6, when Elway led us to consecutive wins over Browns and Colts to wrap up wild card spot

Are you retarded? Elway sucked when he got the nod out of the gate. We wouldnt have been in contention for the playoffs that year without DeBerg (and Kubiak) righting the ship he was so bad at the start of the year. Yeah he started to put it together late in the year and had his first ever comeback against the colts (aided by a missed call TD), but the coaching staff still didnt trust him enough to give him the nod in the playoffs against Seattle.

errand
12-25-2011, 02:57 PM
well I know Elway stared off with 2 wins one over the steelers and the other colts , then went on a 3 game downhill slide , then bounced back and played real strong tword the end ....

DeBerg had to come in and save a few of those games...and like I said he had us sitting at 6-3....but the coming out party for John was vs. browns and colts in games 14-15, where we clinched wild card spot

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:00 PM
DeBerg had to come in and save a few of those games...and like I said he had us sitting at 6-3....but the coming out party for John was vs. browns and colts in games 14-15, where we clinched wild card spot

DeBerg was clutch and had many 4th qtr comebacks/game winning drives that year. Elway was really shaky early that season. He needed to get sat and to get his head together. Why we are arguing about 1983 is beyong me, but without DeBerg, that team doesnt sniff the playoffs. How or why that is relevant today???

errand
12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Dan went with a healthy vet vs rookie in playoff game...imagine that. That's just the way Reeves was....But guess who replaced DeBerg in that 31-7 seahag win?

OrangeSe7en
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
DeBerg was clutch and had many 4th qtr comebacks/game winning drives that year. Elway was really shaky early that season. He needed to get sat and to get his head together. Why we are arguing about 1983 is beyong me, but without DeBerg, that team doesnt sniff the playoffs. How or why that is relevant today???

He's trying to negotiate a way back from being wrong.

Spider
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM

pretty much the way I remember it ......

TonyR
12-25-2011, 03:06 PM
We can beat the AFC North wild card...

I'm surprised anybody can see us beating a playoff team after the last two weeks. I admire the optimism but I just don't see it.

errand
12-25-2011, 03:07 PM

because people were trying to use john's struggles early in 1983 to excuse tim's struggles in a second year....

all I said was that elway played better down the stretch in 83, and that wrapped up a wild card berth.... I did not discount anyone else's contributions. You're the one who took exception to it as if I was bitching about DeBerg, or claimed something that was false

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:10 PM
because people were trying to use john's struggles early in 1983 to excuse tim's struggles in a second year....

all I said was that elway played better down the stretch in 83, and that wrapped up a wild card berth.... I did not discount anyone else's contributions. You're the one who took exception to it as if I was b****ing about DeBerg, or claimed something that was false

That season was turning into a trainwreck with Elway at the helm. Much like DeBerg then/ Tebow now, changing QB's turned the season around. Yeah Elway settled down and won 2 out of 3 to close out the year, but the way it was going, King John had the flop sweats early on. People think Elway was the annointed one out of the gate and that he never struggled, not true.

errand
12-25-2011, 03:11 PM
He's trying to negotiate a way back from being wrong.

what exactly am I wrong about?

[] john elway did play better in the second half of his rookie season

[] the broncos clinched wild card spot after we beat the colts.... you do recall john's first fourth quarter comeback do you not?

now where was I wrong?

errand
12-25-2011, 03:16 PM
That season was turning into a trainwreck with Elway at the helm. Much like DeBerg then/ Tebow now, changing QB's turned the season around. Yeah Elway settled down and won 2 out of 3 to close out the year, but the way it was going, King John had the flop sweats early on. People think Elway was the annointed one out of the gate and that he never struggled, not true.

okay and where did I say john never struggled? all I said was he played better down the stretch.... and because he played better down the stretch we won the 2 games we had to win to make the playoffs...

My point being is in his 8th and 9th starts he was winning important games and showed tremendous improvement

OrangeSe7en
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM

[] the broncos clinched wild card spot after we beat the colts.... you do recall john's first fourth quarter comeback do you not?

now where was I wrong?

Everything. You're wrong so often that it can now be assumed.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM

now where was I wrong?

Lets see, you mention DeBerg getting us to 6-3, but then dont bother with the fact Elway came in and lost the next 2, meaning the wins you give him credit for were must wins because he put them in that position, or complaining that your sick of the feast or famine Tebow when that is EXACTLY what it was like with young Elway.

Jesus, you want to know why your wrong about your 83 take? Elway shat the bed early on, DeBerg saved the season time and time again, then when an undependable rook lost a couple more games, they turned to the 3rd string Kubiak to pull out win #7 that year. You might as well credit Kubes for keeping that season alive.

LetsGoBroncos
12-25-2011, 03:34 PM
...and this post sums up why Denver fans have gone retarded. ZOMG...he does not take us to a title game in his first season? He's horrible. Cut him.

What universe do some of you people function in?

Exactly...it's simply amazing to me. What happened to the days of giving a first year starter a full two seasons before we judged him? The guy came in on a 1-4 team and has put us in a position (along with the D and the rest of the team) to win one game at home and make the playoffs. Tebow has shown he has EVERYTHING we could want in a QB as far as the intangibles. His ability to run will open up passing lanes that wouldn't be there for a normal QB. Now he just has to improve in the passing game.....he won't be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but what is wrong with him being a 55% completion QB who throws for 200 yards, runs for 60-70 and controls the game with the clock? I don't understand for the life of me how people don't see this.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
okay and where did I say john never struggled? all I said was he played better down the stretch.... and because he played better down the stretch we won the 2 games we had to win to make the playoffs...

My point being is in his 8th and 9th starts he was winning important games and showed tremendous improvement

Then, why did we get blown out on the road to end the season in KC, Elway seemed to get blown out there alot in his career, where was THAT improvement? It took his 3rd opportunity in the same season before he put it together, the rest of the team had to bail HIM out the times he failed before that or they dont sniff the playoffs that year. What about the game we HAD to win against the Seahags with Kubiak at the helm AFTER Elway had just lost the last two?

Archer81
12-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Exactly...it's simply amazing to me. What happened to the days of giving a first year starter a full two seasons before we judged him? The guy came in on a 1-4 team and has put us in a position (along with the D and the rest of the team) to win one game at home and make the playoffs. Tebow has shown he has EVERYTHING we could want in a QB as far as the intangibles. His ability to run will open up passing lanes that wouldn't be there for a normal QB. Now he just has to improve in the passing game.....he won't be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but what is wrong with him being a 55% completion QB who throws for 200 yards, runs for 60-70 and controls the game with the clock? I don't understand for the life of me how people don't see this.

Closest comparison to what Tebow can become is Ben Rapistbuger (on the field...Tebow needs not bathrooms or broken tv's to get hoes). The entire team has overachived this season. A playoff berth would just be sprinkles on what has become a delicious twinkie. The offense struggling is also a result of having rookies and 2nd year players take on starter roles. Some times they will look awesome. Other times...not so much.

A little patience will go a long way.

LetsGoBroncos
12-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Closest comparison to what Tebow can become is Ben Rapistbuger (on the field...Tebow needs not bathrooms or broken tv's to get hoes). The entire team has overachived this season. A playoff berth would just be sprinkles on what has become a delicious twinkie. The offense struggling is also a result of having rookies and 2nd year players take on starter roles. Some times they will look awesome. Other times...not so much.

A little patience will go a long way.

If he turns out to be the same player as Roethlisberger but with better leadership qualities and a better person off the field we should be thrilled. And I do think that is a realistic possibility. Most of Pittsburgh's success is a result of their defense

CEH
12-25-2011, 07:19 PM

13th game of the season. @San Diego against a 4-8 football team. 31-7 loss 14 for 28 147 yards and 3 INTS . Right he was making strides in every game.

Almost every young QB has a game of 3-4 INTs and a blow out loss.

TD4HOF
01-09-2012, 07:04 AM

Am not the type of person to say I told you so or anything and my comments were off in several facets....but ANY GIVEN MUTHAFUGGING SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never pass up a chance to root for your team at home in the PLAYOFFS. PLAYOFFS!!!!! That's what I told my girl when she tried to tell me to calm down early in the game...."it's the PLAYOFFS, baby, PLAAAAYOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSS" You get in and you never know, a franchise defining moment like Tebow to Thomas for 80 can happen. :charge: