PDA

View Full Version : Jax loses, Tebow+(package?) -> Jax for #1?

Doggcow
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I think this could make everyone in the world happy...

Jax can get the #1, and they just got a new owner who probably likes money...

I'm still on the Tebow Bandwagon btw.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 01:34 PM
jax or stl or minny could all be in contention for #1

it's going to be an interesting offseason

BabyTO
12-24-2011, 01:35 PM
you're stupid

teknic
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM
No.

That is all.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
you're stupid

don't act like elway wasn't waiting for a game like this to happen. if we lose next week, all bets are off

KO5K
12-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Don't see a trade like that happening.

MileHighMagic
12-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I hate you.

Momentum
12-24-2011, 01:44 PM
They have no interest in Tebow, and Elway has no interest in trading Tebow. This makes no sense.

Rohirrim
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Tebow had a very bad game today, but so did everybody else (except maybe Champ). He still deserves to wrap up this season, take in a good offseason training game and the 2012 season., IMO. It's not like he's the only facet of this team that's dysfunctional right now.

houghtam
12-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Colts have the #1 if they lose.

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Colts have the #1 if they lose.

If they lose!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Tebow had a very bad game today, but so did everybody else (except maybe Champ). He still deserves to wrap up this season, take in a good offseason training game and the 2012 season., IMO. It's not like he's the only facet of this team that's dysfunctional right now.

Agreed. But you know they'll bring in someone to "compete" with him. Like that's ever worked. Tim really just needs a win next week. If the broncos make the playoffs Id think he's bulletproof for next year

Dos Rios
12-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes Jax and Tebow, but the pick is in the 2-4 range, and it's not Luck, it's RGIII.

Rohirrim
12-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Agreed. But you know they'll bring in someone to "compete" with him. Like that's ever worked. Tim really just needs a win next week. If the broncos make the playoffs Id think he's bulletproof for next year

I have no issues with that. I'd rather they spend the picks on making the team better and give Tebow a solid year of support to see if he can cut it. He's definitely shown Tarkenton-like flashes. If it looks like he can't master the quick reads and passes then you take a shot at Barkley next year. I agree. We have to beat the Chiefs next week, otherwise the **** probably hits the fan and everybody starts worrying more about their jobs instead of the team.

orange crusher
12-24-2011, 02:36 PM
I think this could make everyone in the world happy...

Jax can get the #1, and they just got a new owner who probably likes money...

I'm still on the Tebow Bandwagon btw.

They're never going to make everyone happy, regardless of what they decide to do.

I'd prefer they keep Tebow and address other areas through the draft and free agency.

myMind
12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
suck a bucket of dicks

barryr
12-24-2011, 02:56 PM
The Jags are not going to make that deal and neither are the Broncos.

ghwk
12-24-2011, 03:07 PM
This possibility was well covered in this thread where a lot of people gave me s**t just because they didn't want to consider it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101924&page=2

eddie mac
12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Jags cant get the 1 pick.

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Gene Smith(GM of Jaguars) doesn't believe in Tebow. I don't think they trade for him.

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Gene Smith(GM of Jaguars) doesn't believe in Tebow. I don't think they trade for him.

Yeah they trade up for crappier players.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Is it going to be like this every time Denver loses? Oh, we lost. We can package Tebow for 1,000 #1's...come on now.

:Broncos:

Slightly Soiled
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Is it going to be like this every time Denver loses?

Yes.

#28 should be cut before the plane lands in Denver. He can't tackle and takes terrible angles.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes.

#28 should be cut before the plane lands in Denver. He can't tackle and takes terrible angles.

Favorite avatar right now...

BroncosSR
12-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Lock it up.

oubronco
12-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes Jax and Tebow, but the pick is in the 2-4 range, and it's not Luck, it's RGIII.

Oh Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!

DBroncos4life
12-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTNz-PL2Pz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
12-24-2011, 07:42 PM
He will shyt bricks just like Vince Young

DBroncos4life
12-24-2011, 07:48 PM
He will shyt bricks just like Vince Young

The guy could be a lawyer if he wanted. Young couldn't even spell the word.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Jax should trade for him just to fill stadium.

Crow
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM
The #1 pick in round 5, maybe.

Hamrob
12-25-2011, 07:21 AM
I want to see Tebow have a full offseason as "the guy" and then see what he looks like. I think we will be very pleased.

That being said, even if Elway wanted to trade Tebow....nobody is going to give us a #1 for him. I don't see that happening at all. Tebow has shown he's a good football player, but QB...not yet? That's too big of a risk for a team to trade their #1 pick for.

Therefore, we may bring in a Vet to compete for the starting job, or we may use one of our first 2 choices on a QB to compete/develop...but, Tebow will be our guy, whether Elway/Fox likes it or not.

elsid13
12-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Tebow isn't going anywhere this off-season, we have no QB under contract but him at this point. Maybe we will get lucky and McDaniels will be put in charge of team (KC) and then we would get some value, but unless that happens Tebow is competing for starting QB spot next season.

Paladin
12-25-2011, 08:32 AM

That's a recommendation? Why so low?

Turd_Ferguson
12-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I hope they draft for needs other than quarterback early in the draft, and then pick up Kellen Moore late. Tebow did not look good, but a lot of guys didnt look good yesterday. That said, the defense held buffalo to field goals numerous times and the offense couldn't get it going, and then Tebow gave the Bills 14 points. For the second straight week I kept waiting for the magic and it never showed up. Bad day, but don't kid yourself Denver has nothing to offer any of the top 5 teams even if they wanted to move up.

go_broncos
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM
As i said earlier, Jaguars front office don't like Tebow..It won't happen.

theAPAOps5
12-25-2011, 03:43 PM

This, I don't think people realize how smart this guy is.

teknic
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I want to see Tebow have a full offseason as "the guy" and then see what he looks like. I think we will be very pleased.

That being said, even if Elway wanted to trade Tebow....nobody is going to give us a #1 for him. I don't see that happening at all. Tebow has shown he's a good football player, but QB...not yet? That's too big of a risk for a team to trade their #1 pick for.

Therefore, we may bring in a Vet to compete for the starting job, or we may use one of our first 2 choices on a QB to compete/develop...but, Tebow will be our guy, whether Elway/Fox likes it or not.

I think that Jacksonville would be the only team in the league willing to trade a high first for Tebow. They struggle to sell tickets, and Tebow would solve that in the short term. The Jags fanbase needs something to be excited about after being **** for so long and now a new head coach and Gabbert....

Tebow is simply worth more to the Jags than to any other team.

go_broncos
12-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I think that Jacksonville would be the only team in the league willing to trade a high first for Tebow. They struggle to sell tickets, and Tebow would solve that in the short term. The Jags fanbase needs something to be excited about after being **** for so long and now a new head coach and Gabbert....

I will be shocked if they give a 3rd round pick for Tebow.
From Denver standpoint, we should not trade Tebow.
He will win atleat 3 Super Bowls for Broncos.

teknic
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
From Denver standpoint, we should not trade Tebow.

I fully agree.

He will win atleat 3 Super Bowls for Broncos.

I like the optimism, and I certainly hope so.

Archer81
12-25-2011, 04:32 PM

If Jacksonville wanted him, they had a chance at him. Their loss.

Doggcow
12-25-2011, 05:04 PM
This, I don't think people realize how smart this guy is.

It's because he's black, I think.

oubronco
12-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Tebow isn't going anywhere this off-season, we have no QB under contract but him at this point. Maybe we will get lucky and McDaniels will be put in charge of team (KC) and then we would get some value, but unless that happens Tebow is competing for starting QB spot next season.

Isn't Weber under contract? That's 2 QB's we would just need one more

DarkHorse
12-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry but if the new owner of the Jags is serious about keeping them in Florida and increasing fan participation Elway would be stupid to not try to prison rape them.

Tebow + Jacksonville = Filled stadium and plenty of merchandise/media recognition for the team.

go_broncos
12-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry but if the new owner of the Jags is serious about keeping them in Florida and increasing fan participation Elway would be stupid to not try to prison rape them.

Tebow + Jacksonville = Filled stadium and plenty of merchandise/media recognition for the team.

When you win games..Stadium will be filled automatically.
With Tebow..they might fill stadium for first few games.

The thing is Jags FO doesn't think Tebow can win games on consistent basis.

Slightly Soiled
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM

He's not.

Filling seats in today's economy is a serious concern and if you look at Florida in particular they are having a difficult time filling any pro level sporting events. Put that together with the cash at stake with a move to LA and several teams are going to race to prove they are loosing money to get the NFL's blessing for the right to move. Hard to do that with a 3/4 full stadium vs half full.

frerottenextelway
12-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I like how we're on the verge of going to the playoffs and peeps are talking about trading our young starting quarterback.

HAT
12-25-2011, 10:35 PM
He's not.

Filling seats in today's economy is a serious concern and if you look at Florida in particular they are having a difficult time filling any pro level sporting events. Put that together with the cash at stake with a move to LA and several teams are going to race to prove they are loosing money to get the NFL's blessing for the right to move. Hard to do that with a 3/4 full stadium vs half full.

It'll come down to geography before money. The ONLY thing Jax has going for them as far as the NFL & LA are concerned is they can put Jax in the NFCW at STL in the AFCS.

Other than that....Chargers and Raiders are way ahead on LA's interest list. Probably both since it looks like 2 teams per stadium is the wave of the future in big markets.

Archer81
12-25-2011, 11:41 PM
When you win games..Stadium will be filled automatically.
With Tebow..they might fill stadium for first few games.

The thing is Jags FO doesn't think Tebow can win games on consistent basis.

And you got this little nugget of info because you know someone in the jacksonville FO?

Stop speculating and claiming like you know.

Bronco_Beerslug
12-26-2011, 12:07 AM
No one is going to give the Broncos anything for for Tebow right now.
If he ever makes it as a good starting QB in the NFL it's going to take time IMO.

Depending on what happens next week against KC and Orton will determine how high we draft a QB in April.