PDA

View Full Version : Miller vs. Pocket Sloth? Can't wait.

teknic
12-24-2011, 01:29 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/866/slothortonjack.jpghttp://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/121738007_crop_650x440-500x338.jpg

An explosive pass rusher going up against one of the least mobile QBs in the league with a chance to clinch a playoff berth...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_uxn3RoqTOQ" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

It's going to be Miller time all game long!:manesmack

http://static.hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/itsmillertimetin.jpg

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 01:30 PM
an explosive pass rusher who has been effectively worthless the past two weeks

we'll see how it goes

Doggcow
12-24-2011, 01:31 PM
We need the interior of our D-Line to get some push... That's our biggest problem the last 2 weeks. Passers step up in the pocket on us and eat us up.

barryr
12-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Miller has not done much the last 2 games. The Broncos do not have DT's that can rush the passer, so don't expect a big push by any of them.

teknic
12-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Miller has still been generating pressure, but the cast is obviously holding back his block shedding. He's been around the QB, and allowed Doom to get a couple sacks because of it. Orton is going to have a long day if his offensive line can't contain the speed of the Broncos rushers.

ant1999e
12-24-2011, 01:44 PM
They'll just kill us with the screen.

barryr
12-24-2011, 01:44 PM
The Chiefs are going to try to run the ball, so if the defense can't show up to stop that, then the pass rush won't matter much.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
The Chiefs are going to try to run the ball, so if the defense can't show up to stop that, then the pass rush won't matter much.

wouldn't be surprised to see jackie battle top 100 against us. every other scrub back in the league seems to make it happen

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Miller not the same player in the cast. You need to be able to grab a little, pound with the hands, to shed blockers and get to QB. He looks super avg last couple games.

teknic
12-24-2011, 01:47 PM
They'll just kill us with the screen.

To who? Hilarious!

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/NFL-fines-15K-to-Broncos-Von-Miller,-confirms-40K-fine-to-Steelers-Ryan-Clark-NFL-News-112338.jpg

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 01:53 PM
To who? Hilarious!

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Articles/thumbs/extralarge/NFL-fines-15K-to-Broncos-Von-Miller,-confirms-40K-fine-to-Steelers-Ryan-Clark-NFL-News-112338.jpg

mccluster ldo

Hulamau
12-24-2011, 02:12 PM

we'll see how it goes

Indeed, just like Tebow Miller has loads of skill and skies the limit promise, but is still a wet nosed Rookie. Today he was directly responsible for at least 40yrd to 50yrds of Stiller's 111yrds rushing including setting up two scores.

He gets locked up way too easily by O-lineman with little to no awareness of where the RB is until he blows past him.

Another critique, for all his wonderful speed off the line he often loafs a bit when he sees the play move past him. I've notice this a lot where a running will take off and instead of pursuing him with vigor he often just trots along behind the unfolding play when if he hustled more he could be there for more stops when the RB gets jambed or the play slows down further along.

I love the guy, but I hope they drill better run game awareness into him during the off-season. He probably lost any chance at DROY the last two weeks.

Just like Tebow also has a lot of work to do on passing game awareness, footwork, getting passes off quicker and more accurately etc. Overall Tim has improved a lot but has a lot farther to go .. like most rookie QBs before we know for sure he's THE franchise guy we all hope he can become.

extralife
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
this is probably not the time to be trash talking. just saying.

I mean this is like the nate webster helmet toss of threads

teknic
12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
this is probably not the time to be trash talking. just saying.

I mean this is like the nate webster helmet toss of threads

Hilarious! Okay, that's pretty funny. I try hard to forget his time here, and how he would celebrate every tackle he made after a 15yd gain.

The Bills game is over. Nothing can be done about it. Look forward to next week and crushing the Queefs.

Hulamau
12-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Miller needs to do that quick first step toward the outside where Kyle will rarely venture and then that spin move in between the tackle and guard to nail Orton early and often.

barryr
12-24-2011, 02:36 PM
wouldn't be surprised to see jackie battle top 100 against us. every other scrub back in the league seems to make it happen

Yeah, and at home, where the Broncos have not made it much of a factor in games since the new stadium opened either.

Ratboy
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM

we'll see how it goes

Effective due to injury.

teknic
12-24-2011, 09:42 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/601/slothorton.jpghttp://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/121738007_crop_650x440-500x338.jpg

Bronco Rob
12-24-2011, 09:45 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/601/slothorton.jpg

LOL Rep +1

:afro:

teknic
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL Rep +1

:afro:

I think it needs a bottle of Jack.

Edit: LOL

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/866/slothortonjack.jpg

Bigdawg26
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Miller has been a nonfactor these past couple of games. He should be worried about Doom who has been killing things lately. And speaking of inside push what happened to McBean???

teknic
12-24-2011, 11:08 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6416/slothorton2.jpghttp://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6366/slothorton2jack.jpg

Bronco Rob
12-24-2011, 11:12 PM
EPIC!

LOL

Orange4Life
12-25-2011, 12:06 AM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/601/slothorton.jpghttp://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/121738007_crop_650x440-500x338.jpg

Hilarious!Rep! I needed this Hilarious! today!

ShutDownPoster
12-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Miller has a lot of work to do, cast not withstanding. But I rather have him tail off late this season, then hit the weight/film room in the off season and keep improving as an all around player and student of the game - rather then shoot his whole wad during his rookie season a la Kearse, and never live up to it again.

huh??
12-25-2011, 02:24 AM
From Twitter:

Jarvis Moss @MoSSwag94

Ain't gonna lie it felt good to splatter orton today after not bein able to touch him in practice for 2 years!

I wonder if Dumervil and Miller share similar sentiments.

BabyTO
12-25-2011, 04:48 AM
lets see if miller decides to show up next week after sleeping through the past 2 games

Elway 4 Life
12-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Miller needs to have his best game yet. He got owned by Pears and should play to prove something.

broncogary
12-25-2011, 08:57 AM
From Twitter:

I knew that first round pick on Moss would pay off. :rofl:

OrangeSe7en
12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Miller needs to have his best game yet. He got owned by Pears and should play to prove something.

Not really. He's slowed by his injury.

oubronco
12-25-2011, 09:59 AM
He better show up along with Doom cause the defense gets torched without a pass rush and Ayers sucks

Bronx33
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
300 yards passing and only 7 points to show (thats sloth ball KC ) get used to it.

teknic
12-25-2011, 02:08 PM
From Twitter:

I sure hope so. Like I've mentioned, Miller is still getting to the QB when he rushes, he's just not dominating as he was before, and not putting up the stats he was before. I would love to see him go off on Orton though!

bombay
12-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Miller not the same player in the cast. You need to be able to grab a little, pound with the hands, to shed blockers and get to QB. He looks super avg last couple games.

Bingo. An effective pass rusher needs his hands.

teknic
12-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Bingo. An effective pass rusher needs his hands.

Yup. This is very true. Miller isn't shedding blocks nearly as quickly as before his hand was casted. That may also be due to teams double teaming him as well though.

Maybe Miller should get a hard cast and just start clubbing some offensive lineman. LOL

tsiguy96
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
miller played alright with a GIANT cast against minnesota?

Haroldthebarrel
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
he should watch video of reggie whites club move.

barryr
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
With Miller not able or at least providing much of a rush, now is the time for Dumervil to be making himself more of a factor, but where is he? Getting one sack in a game is nice, but I would like more pressures from him instead of one sack and not much else the rest of the game. This is why not only DT but DE is a need since Ayers really isn't a pass rusher.

Atwater His Ass
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
It's still amazing what Miller has been able to do imo. Our DL is still pretty horrible.

HAT
12-25-2011, 05:18 PM
miller played alright with a GIANT cast against minnesota?

If by giant cast you mean street clothes....Ummmm, OK?

teknic
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
With Miller not able or at least providing much of a rush, now is the time for Dumervil to be making himself more of a factor, but where is he? Getting one sack in a game is nice, but I would like more pressures from him instead of one sack and not much else the rest of the game. This is why not only DT but DE is a need since Ayers really isn't a pass rusher.

Miller is still providing a rush. Go back and watch the past few games, and count how many times Miller is close to getting the QB down.

IMO, part of the reason that Dumervil has started getting sacks in recent weeks is because coordinators are spending more time gameplanning against Miller. Miller didn't see a lot of double teams early in the year, but he is getting attention in recent games. Miller has not been ineffective since his injury, but his impact has been reduced by intelligent gameplanning and his injury isn't helping him shed blocks.

Forcing the QB to throw earlier than he wanted is still a positive benefit to the defense though, and the increased awareness of Miller has allowed Dumervil to be more effective. I also believe that Dumervil would be viewed as having a great season if the refs ever decided to call the blatant holding on him almost every play.

If by giant cast you mean street clothes....Ummmm, OK?
Surprised that I didn't catch that. ROFL!

BabyTO
12-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Miller is still providing a rush. Go back and watch the past few games, and count how many times Miller is close to getting the QB down.

IMO, part of the reason that Dumervil has started getting sacks in recent weeks is because coordinators are spending more time gameplanning against Miller. Miller didn't see a lot of double teams early in the year, but he is getting attention in recent games. Miller has not been ineffective since his injury, but his impact has been reduced by intelligent gameplanning and his injury isn't helping him shed blocks.

Forcing the QB to throw earlier than he wanted is still a positive benefit to the defense though, and the increased awareness of Miller has allowed Dumervil to be more effective. I also believe that Dumervil would be viewed as having a great season if the refs ever decided to call the blatant holding on him almost every play.

i hate to break it to you but you're wrong.

lets see the numbers:

last week dumervil had 1 sack and 2 QB hits vs the bills. how about miller? a big goose egg in every category. what about the week before against the pats? dumervil again had 1 sack & 2 QB hits. miller? 0 sacks, 0 QB hits. so dont tell me he's still getting it done. he's not getting done ****. he's useless right now, we might as well play haggan he was more effective in his one start when miller was out. hopefully next week he will show up and provide some pass rush, dumervil cant do it all by himself, which is what hes been doing the past month

teknic
12-27-2011, 03:29 PM
i hate to break it to you but you're wrong.

lets see the numbers:

last week dumervil had 1 sack and 2 QB hits vs the bills. how about miller? a big goose egg in every category. what about the week before against the pats? dumervil again had 1 sack & 2 QB hits. miller? 0 sacks, 0 QB hits. so dont tell me he's still getting it done. he's not getting done ****. he's useless right now, we might as well play haggan he was more effective in his one start when miller was out. hopefully next week he will show up and provide some pass rush, dumervil cant do it all by himself, which is what hes been doing the past month

This is just incorrect. You can still have a significant impact on a play without recording a sack. I never claimed Miller was still rolling in the stats, but I did say that he's still playing effectively.

Maybe if you actually watch the game instead of just read stat lines...

barryr
12-27-2011, 03:34 PM

The key thing also is whether you agree Miller is being a factor in games since the injury, the other players on defense have disappeared. When teams started worrying more about Miller, guys like DJ Williams, McBean, Thomas, Ayers, and even Goodman were making plays. But those guys are pretty silent these days, so also reinforces I think if Miller gets more attention, the Broncos need more guys on defense who can consistently make plays if Miller is getting neutralized.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2011, 07:48 AM
300 yards passing and only 7 points to show (thats sloth ball KC ) get used to it.

Ding ding ding.

We have a winner. :)

Shotgun Willie
12-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Jarvis Moss @MoSSwag94

Ain't gonna lie it felt good to splatter orton today after not bein able to touch him in practice for 2 years!
__________________________________________________ ______________________

What Jarvis fails to mention is that, during the 2009-2010 seasons he's referencing, he had a whole ZERO sacks of opposing QBs. Apparently, his not being able to touch QBs was not limited to just practices.

I'd love to hear his excuse for that.

Old Dude
12-28-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm not particularly worried about Orton, but the cold hard truth is that KC's defense has been playing much better than Denver's the past couple of weeks.

alkemical
12-28-2011, 08:07 AM
OM = Purgatory

Rohirrim
12-28-2011, 08:07 AM
I'll be highly surprised it the Broncos don't crap all over themselves and cough up a possible playoff spot in another humiliating debacle.

Old Dude
12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
I think it's going to be a close game won by the team that makes the fewest blunders. 50/50 on this one, and that's only because of home field.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm not really worried about Miller.

We shut down Clay Matthews.

bendog
12-28-2011, 08:41 AM
On Sat night, Elway needs to plant a bottle of Jack in Pocket Sloth's locker.

Rolandftw
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM

Clay Matthews has had a down year this season.

alkemical
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM
I think it's going to be a close game won by the team that makes the fewest blunders. 50/50 on this one, and that's only because of home field.

The team that scores most should have this game wrapped up.

Smiling Assassin27
12-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Clay Matthews has had a down year this season.

Packers really only have Clay. Denver's defense has Dumervil AND Miller who can get there quickly. Still, the best way to get to Orton is pressure up the middle. He tends to throw bad balls and lose his command of the pocket. I'm looking at you, Bunk and Marcus.

Spider
12-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Packers really only have Clay. Denver's defense has Dumervil AND Miller who can get there quickly. Still, the best way to get to Orton is pressure up the middle. He tends to throw bad balls and lose his command of the pocket. I'm looking at you, Bunk and Marcus.

where was Woodson ? WALDEN ?

razorwire77
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
1st quarter pressure and stopping the run early is going to be critical in winning. Orton is a rhythm thrower with a nice ball/play fake. But once you bring pressure, flush him out of the pocket blow him up early he'll shut down. What we don't want is Orton with a solid pocket and time throwing crossing routes to Dwayne Bowe all day.

Rolandftw
12-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds odd to say this, but McCluster worries me. Think if we can contain Chief players after the catch--should win this.

If McCluster has a Spiller type day, we probably lose. If I were the Chiefs, I would attack Denver's safeties and involve McCluster in their gameplan.

vonqkilla
12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds odd to say this, but McCluster worries me. Think if we can contain Chief players after the catch--should win this.

If McCluster has a Spiller type day, we probably lose. If I were the Chiefs, I would attack Denver's safeties and involve McCluster in their gameplan.

Totally agree, our lbs can't stop him, and he should get 10 to 15 touches vs our nickel. Spells trouble.

razorwire77
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM

Me too. When quick scat backs get outside on Denver's defense, I get scared. If you catch Miller or Doom blitzing, our rookie safeties, and 4.9 40 MLB have real trouble containing these types of plays to 6, 7, 8, yards. I worry about screens taking advantage of aggressive blitzing too. KC killed GB with well designed screens.

Gort
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll be very happy if the Broncos crap all over themselves and cough up a possible playoff spot in another humiliating debacle because it would prove that I am right about Tim Tebow.

fixed it for you.

alkemical
12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2011/12/28/11/enhanced-buzz-7267-1325088450-1.jpg

it's not 2012 yet biatches!

Spider
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM
fixed it for you.

this kind of hero worship isnt gay as long as it is for teebs

huh??
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
The team that scores most should have this game wrapped up.

Agreed. I think the higher score usually wins.

Rohirrim
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
fixed it for you.

You're an idiot. It won't make me happy at all. Just the opposite. But I won't have any faith in this team until they give me reason to. I guess you don't remember some of the epic end of season collapses of the last few years?

Jetmeck
12-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Really dumbass....................cause you basically have the same QB as last time. Average at best and immobile as hell and DOOM and Von put him on IR......................same O-LINE = SAME RESULT !

ORTON WILL BE BLACK AND BLUE !

bendog
12-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Agreed. I think the higher score usually wins.

unless you're indianapolis

Gort
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
You're an idiot. It won't make me happy at all. Just the opposite. But I won't have any faith in this team until they give me reason to. I guess you don't remember some of the epic end of season collapses of the last few years?

i don't believe you.

you've never missed an opportunity to bash Tebow and blame him for all the team's problems over the last 10 weeks.

so no, i don't believe you.

i do remember the collapses. i hated them.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
On Sat night, Elway needs to plant a <s>bottle</s> Case of Jack in Pocket Sloth's locker.

FIFY

I think a liter bottle is part of Slothbeard's normal daily training regimen.

bendog
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
i don't believe you.

you've never missed an opportunity to bash Tebow and blame him for all the team's problems over the last 10 weeks.

ummm, no. This for instance.

12-24-2011, 09:48 PM #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Here. Look at this.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Da Sqwyd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tebow had a very bad game today, but so did everybody else (except maybe Champ). He still deserves to wrap up this season, take in a good offseason training game and the 2012 season., IMO. It's not like he's the only facet of this team that's dysfunctional right now.

Spider
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
ummm, no. This for instance.

12-24-2011, 09:48 PM #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Here. Look at this.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Da Sqwyd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tebow had a very bad game today, but so did everybody else (except maybe Champ). He still deserves to wrap up this season, take in a good offseason training game and the 2012 season., IMO. It's not like he's the only facet of this team that's dysfunctional right now.
it is who is john gault , ****er has been clueless , lying low down weasel since I first saw him ... no need to expect him to change now

Rohirrim
12-28-2011, 03:30 PM
i don't believe you.

Did you see this thread?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3427090&postcount=1

Once again, you're full of ****. That's okay. I realize old habits are hard to break. ;D

maher_tyler
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM

IMO its teams game planning for Miller. Using screens and draws to counter his pass rush. Buffalo used a lot of screens. I see KC taking a good look at that game tape. Miller needs to do a better job of diagnosing if it's a pass, screen or run especially to his side. Last week Spiller had a TD run because he was playing pass all the way. Shot inside and Spiller ran off tackle for a TD.

StugotsIII
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Mathews only has 6 sacks this year retard.

teknic
12-28-2011, 06:28 PM
IMO its teams game planning for Miller. Using screens and draws to counter his pass rush. Buffalo used a lot of screens. I see KC taking a good look at that game tape. Miller needs to do a better job of diagnosing if it's a pass, screen or run especially to his side. Last week Spiller had a TD run because he was playing pass all the way. Shot inside and Spiller ran off tackle for a TD.

This is true of gameplanning against any aggressive defense. The easiest way to punish a defense that sends extra rushers often is a lot of screens, delays/draws.

For as long as I can remember though, the Broncos have been awful against screens. It seems like screens (and missed tackles) are just the kryptonite to the Broncos D.

The only way I see KC putting up points is if they are able to effectively use screens, and if they can take advantage of Denver having two rookie safties starting.

Jetmeck
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
This is true of gameplanning against any aggressive defense. The easiest way to punish a defense that sends extra rushers often is a lot of screens, delays/draws.

For as long as I can remember though, the Broncos have been awful against screens. It seems like screens (and missed tackles) are just the kryptonite to the Broncos D.

The only way I see KC putting up points is if they are able to effectively use screens, and if they can take advantage of Denver having two rookie safties starting.

Well duh then why the hell aren't we calling screens ??????

teknic
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Well duh then why the hell aren't we calling screens ??????

I've seen a few called in the past couple of weeks, but they went nowhere.

Teams aren't sending the house at Tebow any more, they're too concerned with keeping outside containment. The ends are staying more wide and playing containment, and forcing Tebow to stay in the pocket. Most of the pressure on Tebow has been coming up the middle (usually Beadles is letting someone blow past him), and with the outside contain, Tebow has nowhere to escape.

When we call a screen, the ends have quickly diagnosed the play and stopped it.