PDA

View Full Version : Does Oakland control their destiny now?

bronco0608
12-24-2011, 02:23 PM
If they beat San Diego next week, do they win the division?

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
From what I hear it doesn't matter what happens with other teams if we beat KC we win the west.

frerottenextelway
No.

myMind
Not if we beat the Chorfs

Doggcow
We win the west if we win. If SD wins next week, and loses this week. We back.

shagsta
No i believe you guys still control the tiebreaker so i hope yall lose.

Either way i dont think we will ( or you will for that matter) do much if any damage in the playoffs

Blart
12-24-2011, 02:32 PM
As of this moment (before the SD game is over) here's the scenario:

Broncos clinch if:

1) Broncos win
OR
2) San Diego loses the game it's playing now against the lions, and wins next week.

The Raiders/Chargers game next week will be on at the same time, so we'll have no guarantee. Better for Tebow to prove himself vs Orton and win.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I think Oakland wins next week they are in. That is what they were saying on the Oakland AM sports radio. I bet our losses to NE and Buff may give them a better conference record but I have no clue really. I'm going to look it up now.

OrangeSe7en
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM
As of this moment (before the SD game is over) here's the scenario:

Broncos clinch if:

1) Broncos win
OR
2) San Diego loses the game it's playing now against the lions, and wins next week.

The Raiders/Chargers game next week will be on at the same time, so we'll have no guarantee. Better for Tebow to prove himself vs Orton and win.

Blart has it nailed down guys. /thread

orange crusher
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Detroit being up 24-0 now doesn't hurt. :-)

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Nope. As stated in five other threads. :)

Just teasing about five other threads..... It's only two or three :P

Tyrell Jones
12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
hahahahahha look at the bronchoe boys wine

Ugly Duck
12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I think Oakland wins next week they are in. That is what they were saying on the Oakland AM sports radio. I bet our losses to NE and Buff may give them a better conference record but I have no clue really. I'm going to look it up now.

I think our division & conference records will be the same, but Denver gets the nod vs common opponents (Miami game). Raiders have to win & Broncos have to lose..... I think...

dictionary
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM

please stay through the end of the season. we need your awesomeness.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Denver holds the tiebreakers.

A win next week or an Oakland loss clinches it for the Broncos. Oakland only gets in at 9-7 if Denver is 8-8.

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I think our division & conference records will be the same, but Denver gets the nod vs common opponents (Miami game). Raiders have to win & Broncos have to lose..... I think...

Yes you are right because the only tie breaker you have is Division Record.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM

What if we both lose? Lol I thought last week if we beat KC we were in but I was listening to KC/oak game on am radio and the sports announcers were celebrating like they one sb saying they controlled destiny. Maybe a wild card berth?

Disco Man
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
It's very simple.........we win vs K.C. we win the division. Does not matter what happens later today or next week.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-24-2011, 03:56 PM
What if we both lose? Lol I thought last week if we beat KC we were in but I was listening to KC/oak game on am radio and the sports announcers were celebrating like they one sb saying they controlled destiny. Maybe a wild card berth?

Oakland doesn't control their own destiny.

They lose the tiebreaker with the Broncos. They have 8 wins and Cincy has 9, so they don't clinch a WC berth simply by winning next week either.

OrangeSe7en

Avoid the redundancy. See Blart post.

theAPAOps5

If San Diego loses today and we both lose next week, Broncos still win division. If San Diego somehow comes back and wins today and we lose and SD beats Oakland then SD gets in....... again.

BroncoBen
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Denver holds the tiebreakers.

A win next week or an Oakland loss clinches it for the Broncos. Oakland only gets in at 9-7 if Denver is 8-8.

Yeah, today's game only really mattered if the Raiders would have lost. Then the Broncos would have been kicking themselves for losing as well.

This is what the league and networks wanted... a showdown between Orton and Tebow The Chiefs can spoil the Broncos postseason hopes with a win.. But I think if the Raiders lose as well.. the Broncos back into the playoffs.

Ugly Duck
12-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Detroit being up 24-0 now doesn't hurt. :-)

31-10

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, today's game only really mattered if the Raiders would have lost. Then the Broncos would have been kicking themselves for losing as well.

This is what the league and networks wanted... a showdown between Orton and Tebow The Chiefs can spoil the Broncos postseason hopes with a win.. But I think if the Raiders lose as well.. the Broncos back into the playoffs.

Jaime Koeppe avatar butt rep heheh....

canadianbroncosfan
12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
With Detroit likely to beat the Chargers today all we need next week is
A) A win, or
B) An Oakland loss.

All three (Faiders, Chuggers and us) teams would be 8-8 and we hold the tie breakers against both.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Just win, Broncos.

:Broncos:

jossjeff
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Who'd have thunk it?

I'll be the first to give Tebow props. Limited yes but wins speak for themselves. Dude was and is still a winner despite todays performance.

You mulefans can spin all you want but tell me you aren't a bit worried about your division hopes resting on playing the team led by the QB you threw to the curb....

Orton may not be a game breaker but bet your ass he will be motivated to ruin your postseason hopes. Should/could be interesting.

Either way we both have a shot going into the last week of the season, before the year I would have taken that.

Guessing you would have as well.

See you next week.

Rolandftw
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see KC and SD win next week.

jossjeff
12-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see KC and SD win next week.

Me either.

Don't think either team is truly playoff ready.

Raiders got lucky today, Broncos were getting lucky a lot.

Doesn't keep me from hoping though.

Just happy to be here.

maher_tyler
12-24-2011, 06:51 PM
If they beat San Diego next week, do they win the division?

We have to lose and they have to win.

Jason in LA
12-25-2011, 06:51 AM
They have the same division and conference record. But common opponents, the Broncos are 6-5 while the Raiders are 5-6. Difference is that the Broncos beat the Dolphins while the Raiders lost to them. There's the tiebreaker right there.

Jason in LA
12-25-2011, 07:09 AM
With Detroit likely to beat the Chargers today all we need next week is
A) A win, or
B) An Oakland loss.

All three (Faiders, Chuggers and us) teams would be 8-8 and we hold the tie breakers against both.

Hang on, I'm looking at the standings and I'm trying to figure out how the Chargers are eliminated. I must be missing something. If the Broncos lose and the Chargers win, forcing a three way tie, all three teams would have a 3-3 division record, and three teams would have split all their head to head games, but the Chargers would be 7-5 in the conference, while the Broncos and Raiders would be 6-6. That would give the Chargers the division. But from what I've read from NFL.com and ESPN.com, the Chargers are eliminated. I must be reading this wrong or missing something.

Paladin
12-25-2011, 09:28 AM
The best thing to come out of yesterday was that the Chefs lost. The second was that Sandy Eggo lost. I do not know who will win next week, but in any case, if the Faiders lose, it would be the third best thing this last two weeks......

Bob's your Information Minister
12-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes, because Orton is going to end your season.

Paladin
12-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Nah. You are too dumb to understand the game......

Broncobiv
12-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Hang on, I'm looking at the standings and I'm trying to figure out how the Chargers are eliminated. I must be missing something. If the Broncos lose and the Chargers win, forcing a three way tie, all three teams would have a 3-3 division record, and three teams would have split all their head to head games, but the Chargers would be 7-5 in the conference, while the Broncos and Raiders would be 6-6. That would give the Chargers the division. But from what I've read from NFL.com and ESPN.com, the Chargers are eliminated. I must be reading this wrong or missing something.

Conference record is not the next tiebreaker. It's the 4th, AFTER the common games record.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

CEH
12-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Conference record is not the next tiebreaker. It's the 4th, AFTER the common games record.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

If OAK and DEN both win they are down to the 5th or even deeper tie breaker

Bronx33
12-25-2011, 01:13 PM

hows life in the blackhoe? you illiterate tard.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-25-2011, 01:47 PM
If OAK and DEN both win they are down to the 5th or even deeper tie breaker

Denver has a better common games record.