PDA

View Full Version : How Fast?

Casper Bronco
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Are people going to jump off the Tebow train after this loss? This team decided to stay in Denver for the holidays. Coaching was terrible...Run, run, run, Punt as usual in the 1st half.

Jay3
12-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Pretty fast. But it would have happened anyway, whenever the next bad game came along.

myMind
12-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Im not bailing until the team does.

Ratboy
12-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Are people going to jump off the Tebow train after this loss? This team decided to stay in Denver for the holidays. Coaching was terrible...Run, run, run, Punt as usual in the 1st half.

This whole team is absolutely pathetic today.

Merry ****ing Christmas.

teknic
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Playcalling was not the issue today whatsoever. Execution and special teams were the main issues.

The Broncos should be able to convert a 3rd and 1 by running the ball, but they failed to execute. Also, if you pay attention to most of the passing plays, there were many times that a receiver was wide open and Tebow just failed to recognize him, or he was under pressure due to our terrible pass protection. Not to mention the drops that hit receivers right in the hands.

I'm still on board with Tebow. He's playing like any other young QB in the league. When the offensive line gives him time to throw, he finds open receivers and is accurate. When he's under immediate pressure all game long, Tebow is ineffective at passing.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
well might as well stick with this team stuck with em since 86

Dagmar
12-24-2011, 02:19 PM
QB who has started only 13 games has a bad day after helping bring a team that was 1 and 4 back from the dead and into NFL relevance for the first time in 6 seasons.

Let's crucify him.

Pathetic.

Pontius Pirate
YOU CAN'T CONTAIN TIM TEBLOWS!

(you can only hope that he has to pass. dear lawd timmy don't pass the ball!!!)

frerottenextelway
Bad games happen to everyone. Bring on the Chiefs.

Jetmeck
Playcalling was not the issue today whatsoever. Execution and special teams were the main issues.

The Broncos should be able to convert a 3rd and 1 by running the ball, but they failed to execute. Also, if you pay attention to most of the passing plays, there were many times that a receiver was wide open and Tebow just failed to recognize him, or he was under pressure due to our terrible pass protection. Not to mention the drops that hit receivers right in the hands.

I'm still on board with Tebow. He's playing like any other young QB in the league. When the offensive line gives him time to throw, he finds open receivers and is accurate. When he's under immediate pressure all game long, Tebow is ineffective at passing.

Agreed except the playcalling was horrid. RUN RUN RUN FIRST HALF.
pass pass pass second half.............make it easy on the defense.

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
QB who has started only 13 games has a bad day after helping bring a team that was 1 and 4 back from the dead and into NFL relevance for the first time in 6 seasons.

Let's crucify him.

Pathetic.

Broncos fans ... Maybe they are a 6 ...

Williams
12-24-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm still riding with Tebow. He had a bad game, but didnt have much help. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Officiating... it was a disaster all around.

anon
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
I was never on the train but not off it either. The guy is definitely fun to watch, I'm excited that he is on our team, and I see improvement; but I think wait and see is a fair position to have.

Hulamau
12-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Dawkins, Harris and Carter all go down.... good luck for us next week :-\

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Broncos lost today because special teams fell apart, defense fell apart and they didn't make big plays on offense. A trifecta of fail.

No reason to give up on Tebow until he has a great offense and can't win. His oline is horrid in short yardage, his WR are all avg, his TE or below avg, his RB's are avg. I think Tebow done pretty well with this garbage.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd never want Broncos to lose, playoffs is always good, but none of this bothers me too much. This team just not very good. The AFC west just really bad and we got lucky in a few other games. Still Tebow worth developing, Miller looks like a good number 1 pick, Doom came back healthy, so we did have a few positives this yr already.

Broncos need guys who make plays to score TDS and a bunch of help on defense. I hope Bowlen willing to spend some money this offseason.

barryr
12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Broncos lost today because special teams fell apart, defense fell apart and they didn't make big plays on offense. A trifecta of fail.

No reason to give up on Tebow until he has a great offense and can't win. His oline is horrid in short yardage, his WR are all avg, his TE or below avg, his RB's are avg. I think Tebow done pretty well with this garbage.

It isn't like the offense was doing so great with Orton and they put it Tebow and they play so poorly. There might be a reason other than QB why the offense has struggled the last couple of years.

KO5K
12-24-2011, 02:38 PM
If you're going to jump off the Tebow train after that game.

Might as well jump of the team train, they were all awful.

Blart
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Most people will give him a pass, it was just one bad game.

If we don't make the playoffs, different story.

chadta
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
i wanna know what the heck happened to our efense ?

i thought it was 2010 all over again watching that today, missed tackles, other team moving up an down the field almost at will, it wasn't the patriots this week so that's not an acceptable excuse.

NFLBRONCO
12-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Never bail on Denver but, its obvious this team is majorly flawed on talent. All is I hope FO focuses on games like this and adds upgrades. Not forget games like this and go we were 8-8 9-7 and not hardly do anything. This team has miles to go.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Playcalling was not the issue today whatsoever. .

5 pass attempts in a first half full of 3 and outs

i disagree

teknic
12-24-2011, 03:00 PM
5 pass attempts in a first half full of 3 and outs

i disagree

There would have been more pass attempts if the Broncos could sustain a drive in the first half. When you fail to pick up a 3rd and 1 twice in the half, that's on execution, not playcalling. Not only that, but when runs on first and second down generate 9 yds, you stick with it. I had no problem with the playcalling overall today, although I didn't like a few specific calls.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
There would have been more pass attempts if the Broncos could sustain a drive in the first half. When you fail to pick up a 3rd and 1 twice in the half, that's on execution, not playcalling. Not only that, but when runs on first and second down generate 9 yds, you stick with it. I had no problem with the playcalling overall today, although I didn't like a few specific calls.

agree to disagree

i wanted to throw a table through the TV the entire second quarter. buffalo made adjustments after our first drive and shut down our run game. we neglected to counteract those adjustments with some of our own, and we repeatedly ran into a brick wall up the middle time after time again

mike mccoy has to be the most uninspiring OC in recent memory imo

milehighJC
12-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Not a question of being on or off the "Tebow" train. Im a Broncos fan. This was a bad game, unfortunately, it happens.

Special teams was an embarrassment today. Kick coverage was horrible. Dawk went out, and the defense collapsed - who knows if those events were related, but it was like time traveled to the worst of the 2010 days. We fell behind, and I think we have seen that we dont play well from behind more than 10 points. Tebow had a bad day. Winced when I heard the remark that he was 4 for 13 (4 int's for 13 attempts).

Such is life. Thankfully this one is over, and its time to look forward to next week.

Go Broncos!

jc

Blart
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Has there ever been a 3rd and very long (10+ yards) where we don't try a draw?

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Has there ever been a 3rd and very long (10+ yards) where we don't try a draw?

i LOL'd at the draw play on 3rd and 30+ or whatever

Agamemnon
12-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Sure would be nice to see them put Tebow in position to succeed more. Don't let him pass at all early, and then put it completely on his arm late. It's a ****ing retarded strategy that simply isn't fair to the kid and isn't helping him develop.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Sure would be nice to see them put Tebow in position to succeed more. Don't let him pass at all early, and then put it completely on his arm late. It's a ****ing retarded strategy that simply isn't fair to the kid and isn't helping him develop.

yep. it's hard to get a passing rythm with only 5 ****ing pass attempt in the first half too

ScottXray
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM

When you fail to vary your play selection on running plays the defense KNOWs what is coming. The finally ran a QB sneak in the second half and converted on a third and short. Why they continue to have Tebow turn around and hand off 5 yards deep on third and shorts is the real mystery. Our play selection is a handicap and shows absolutley NO ingenuity or ability to confuse the Defenses.

On top of all that the entire team sucked today at executing anything.

Offense , Defense and STs all get a FAIL, and The coaches Especially do, for an unimaginative game plan and poor adjustments. J Johnson should have been in the game earlier and his outside ability was not used enough.

Dawkins going down cripples our Defense apparently, as no one else seems able to recognise plays as they develope, barring Champ, and they can just avoid him./

ol#7
12-24-2011, 03:20 PM
i LOL'd at the draw play on 3rd and 30+ or whatever

I was praying for a flea flicker on that play. None of my prayers were answered during that game...still pissed about the back to back returns in the 2nd qtr we got screwed on though...

teknic
12-24-2011, 03:21 PM
When you fail to vary your play selection on running plays the defense KNOWs what is coming. The finally ran a QB sneak in the second half and converted on a third and short. Why they continue to have Tebow turn around and hand off 5 yards deep on third and shorts is the real mystery. Our play selection is a handicap and shows absolutley NO ingenuity or ability to confuse the Defenses.

On top of all that the entire team sucked today at executing anything.

Offense , Defense and STs all get a FAIL, and The coaches Especially do, for an unimaginative game plan and poor adjustments. J Johnson should have been in the game earlier and his outside ability was not used enough.

Dawkins going down cripples our Defense apparently, as no one else seems able to recognise plays as they develope, barring Champ, and they can just avoid him./

Sorry, but this logic goes out the window when you're talking about converting a 3rd and 1. If your offensive line can't generate a 1yd push, or hold their blocks for a couple seconds, then it doesn't matter what you call on 3rd and short. A run up the middle on 3rd and 1 is a safe, high percentage play.

vonqkilla
12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Tebow under center on 3rd and 1, so dumb.

Tebow in shotgun qb run on on 3rd and 2, more dumb.

Tebow should never be under center on 3rd down unless its a qb sneak.

barryr
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Why putting Franklin at LG next year is making more and more sense or drafting a guard to replace Beadles who just isn't physical enough.

TonyR
12-24-2011, 03:35 PM
The defense wasn't good today but it probably wasn't as bad as most are saying either. Gave up a lot of big plays, yes, but they also stopped the Bills on our side of the field multiple times today. Buffalo was only 2/12 on 3rd down conversions. 21 of their 40 points came on D and ST scores.

Again, I'm not saying the defense was good. They weren't. Can't give up all those big plays. But terrible ST play and an offense that was only 2/13 on 3rd down, turned the ball over 4 times, and scored all of 14 points certainly didn't help.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:40 PM
The defense wasn't good today but it probably wasn't as bad as most are saying either. Gave up a lot of big plays, yes, but they also stopped the Bills on our side of the field multiple times today. Buffalo was only 2/12 on 3rd down conversions. 21 of their 40 points came on D and ST scores.

Again, I'm not saying the defense was good. They weren't. Can't give up all those big plays. But terrible ST play and an offense that was only 2/13 on 3rd down, turned the ball over 4 times, and scored all of 14 points certainly didn't help.

the broncos defense has been making scrub RBs look like superstars for the past few years

yeah, they came up big in a few spots and made a couple of plays... but they NEVER are able to cause turnovers. and they get ran into the ground by the like of cj spiller, ryan mathews, and marion barber.

on top of all that, our pass rush has completely disappeared in recent weeks

we have a long way to go to be a middle of the pack defense, let alone sniffing anything in "elite" territory.

TonyR
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM
^ Completely agree lolcopter. But sadly I think you can make an argument that the D was the best of our 3 units today. This defense isn't good enough to play opposite an offense that turns the ball over 4 times, goes 2/13 on 3rd downs, and scores 14 points, and with a ST unit that got gashed all day (236 yards and a TD on kick and put returns).

MortonToMoses
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM

All 3 phases crapped the bed today. I can understand getting torched by the Patriots, but this was the worst defensive performance since the Orton days.

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
^ Completely agree lolcopter. But sadly I think you can make an argument that the D was the best of our 3 units today. This defense isn't good enough to play opposite an offense that turns the ball over 4 times, goes 2/13 on 3rd downs, and scores 14 points, and with a ST unit that got gashed all day (236 yards and a TD on kick and put returns).

sad, but true

i can't believe what a complete meltdown ST was today. brings up bad memories of years past