PDA

View Full Version : It's official. Refs hate Denver

Vine
12-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Every single ****ing week, Denver gets ass-raped by the officials. Sick and goddamn tired of it. Absolutely horrible officiating today.

So many blatantly blown calls working against Denver. Football clearly on the line on Bills TD punt return. Doom getting held blatantly again. Obvious PI not called. So many game-changing calls.

Tired of this ****.

Dagmar
12-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Excuses. It wouldn't matter if we played and coached better.

Doggcow
12-24-2011, 11:43 AM
You forgot the Kick Return TD that was called back for our guy looking at their player.

TonyR
12-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Excuses. It wouldn't matter if we played and coached better.

Exactly. Yes we've gotten screwed on a few calls but we're getting whipped in all phases of the game and we're fortunate to even be in it. Defense giving up too many big plays, ST giving up long returns, offense not converting 3rd downs, Tebow playing like a rookie. Ugly from top to bottom.

chadta
12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
just think how bad it would be if the bills kicker didnt suck

Dagmar
12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
The kick return was crap though, I'll give you that.

Jetmeck
12-24-2011, 12:57 PM
We are embarassing today and deserve the "DONKS" handle.
Ridiculous lack of effort.

teknic
12-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Every single ****ing week, Denver gets ass-raped by the officials. Sick and goddamn tired of it. Absolutely horrible officiating today.

So many blatantly blown calls working against Denver. Football clearly on the line on Bills TD punt return. Doom getting held blatantly again. Obvious PI not called. So many game-changing calls.

Tired of this ****.

I hate to be on the refs every single week, but I agree and I'm sick and ****ing tired of it. The officiating across the entire league has been awful this season, so it's not just Denver. It does seem like Denver gets disproportionately ****ed by bad calls though.

The Bills punt return was close, so I'll give that to them, but the kickoff return that was called back for a block in the back was complete bull****. Either way, in two plays, there was a 14 point swing thanks to the refs. It's also ridiculous how Denver NEVER gets a holding call even though Dumervil is clearly held on the majority of snaps.

Good teams overcome penalties. Denver didn't. The refs ****ed the Broncos over, but you don't deserve to win if you can't keep the game close against the Bills.

Tyrell Jones
12-24-2011, 01:17 PM
hahaha you done:wave:

Jetmeck
12-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Hilarious!

broncogary
12-24-2011, 01:22 PM
No doubt. I hope those ref's got their boyfriends something nice with the payoff they got for this. It was just too much to overcome and eventually the dam broke.

swaiy
12-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Damn. Where the **** have you been buddy? It's pretty much guaranteed the Broncos make the playoffs now that you said they're finished.

BroncoFox
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM

I'd rather be in charge of my own destiny. You have to pray we lose next week or YOU are done. We have a home game against a team we already beat. Not sure how that equates to being done. The Raiders are a lot closer to "done" than we are.

houghtam
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I hate to be on the refs every single week, but I agree and I'm sick and ****ing tired of it. The officiating across the entire league has been awful this season, so it's not just Denver. It does seem like Denver gets disproportionately ****ed by bad calls though.

The Bills punt return was close, so I'll give that to them, but the kickoff return that was called back for a block in the back was complete bull****. Either way, in two plays, there was a 14 point swing thanks to the refs. It's also ridiculous how Denver NEVER gets a holding call even though Dumervil is clearly held on the majority of snaps.

Good teams overcome penalties. Denver didn't. The refs ****ed the Broncos over, but you don't deserve to win if you can't keep the game close against the Bills.

People say this every season. Their human beings officiating a fast paced game where 22 players are on the field, each doing different things. Calls are going to be missed, and I don't think any one season is worse than another. It's just life. Having calls go against you sucks, but it's the way it is.

Vine
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I said this a week back, and I stick to it. There should be an official "czar" in the booth for every NFL game. This official "czar" has access to all tv cameras. He is the head official who has the power to overturn any call made on the field and has the power to call a penalty on any play even if one isn't called. I suggest that this football czar step in and use his power on only blatant blown calls and no-calls, not ones that are marginally bad. Just the worst ones.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
I said this a week back, and I stick to it. There should be an official "czar" in the booth for every NFL game. This official "czar" has access to all tv cameras. He is the head official who has the power to overturn any call made on the field and has the power to call a penalty on any play even if one isn't called. I suggest that this football czar step in and use his power on only blatant blown calls and no-calls, not ones that are marginally bad. Just the worst ones.

If they can do this in 5 seconds, sure....i dont wanna watch a game where every single penalty goes to replay.

Orange4Life
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
I know its bad to complain about the refs blah blah blah. But they sure as hell are not helping! It seems like just about every call is going against us. Usually its give and take but lately it seems like a one way street

Gort
12-24-2011, 04:34 PM
holding and illegal blocks on kickoff returns. any crooked ref wanting to fix the outcome of a game can do so by calling or not calling these fouls just 3 or 4 times a game. they happen on every play and you saw what happened when they called back Royal's return. big momentum swing nullified. i do not believe that the NFL refs are completely on the up and up. i think some of them play favorites and some of them may be getting payments from people looking to see a current point spread outcome for a game. it's happened in the NBA. why can't it happen in the NFL? these penalties happen EVERY play and could legitimately be called at any time. i think the NFL should change holding from 10 yards to 5 yards. as it is now, it's effectively a drive killer when its called. it's really hard to convert when you have 1st and 20 or 2nd and 17.

Archer81
12-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Refs have been bad for all teams this year. Just seems bigger now because we actually care about the team in late December.

The Indi-Hou game on thursday should be exhibit A about bad officiating.

:Broncos:

Gort
12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
I know its bad to complain about the refs blah blah blah. But they sure as hell are not helping! It seems like just about every call is going against us. Usually its give and take but lately it seems like a one way street

last week, NE had only 1 penalty until the 4th quarter. then the head ref rushed to embrace Brady after the game.

Swedish Extrovert
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Well, I thought that might be possibility. But now that you've said it, I feel pretty good about our chances.

Drew A. Blank
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Gentlemen, you have no idea of the measure of atrocities we are going to commit on you next week. Merry Christmas...

http://i.pbase.com/g1/53/688553/2/128711289.zUNvRXEC.jpg

Bob's your Information Minister
12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
1997 called.

It says, **** you.

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Block in the back...I am still pissed with that call..

houghtam
12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
1997 called.

It says, **** you.

Oh please, we saved you an epic beatdown at the hands of the Steelers that year.

You should be thanking us for giving you an extra week to get started on your New Year's resolution of finally getting that fridge off the front lawn.

Gort
12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh please, we saved you an epic beatdown at the hands of the Steelers that year.

You should be thanking us for giving you an extra week to get started on your New Year's resolution of finally getting that fridge off the front lawn.

Bob's 2012 "to do" list.

- lose 100 pounds
- move out of mom's basement
- buy a 1977 camaro
- get promoted from burger flipper to cashier
- get the oil stains out of the concrete driveway
- buy complete set of Star Trek DVDs

houghtam
12-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Bob's 2012 "to do" list.

- lose 100 pounds
- buy a 1977 camaro

Hey I've got the complete set of Star Trek DVDs.

But I guess when you add in all the rest of that stuff it does look pretty bad. ;D

Rolandftw
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Some bad calls, but overall didn't deserve to be in the game anyways. Terrible game plan, special teams, running game, a nonexistent pass rush, and a final 8 terrible minutes for Tebow. Doesn't matter if they rebound next week.

Vine
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
If they can do this in 5 seconds, sure....i dont wanna watch a game where every single penalty goes to replay.

Hence why I said only the blatantly worst ones. I can imagine only a couple of calls and no calls being reversed per game anyway. And there would be no official going under the hood. It would be an automatic decision that wouldn't slow the game hardly at all. For instance, the block in the back on the kick return would be allowed. Replay clearly showed that he wasn't even touched. The official czar would see this, radio down the the field that this was a bad call, and the kick return for touchdown would stand.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Some bad calls, but overall didn't deserve to be in the game anyways. Terrible game plan, special teams, running game, a nonexistent pass rush, and a final 8 terrible minutes for Tebow. Doesn't matter if they rebound next week.

Agreed

Bigdawg26
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I thought Decker was getting raped in coverage, and no pass inference calls!

Jekyll15Hyde
12-24-2011, 06:22 PM

couldn't agree more

Bob's your Information Minister
12-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Bob's 2012 "to do" list.

- lose 100 pounds
- buy a 1977 camaro

Give me some ****ing credit, I'm saving up for the bluray versions, not that DVD crap.

Armchair Bronco
12-24-2011, 06:45 PM
There were some really, REALLY bad calls...and non-calls today.

But good teams either overcome the bad calls or they get the benefit of the doubt. I guess this means we're just not a good team yet.

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 07:07 PM
so many bad calls in all the games.not sure what league is doing..They are ready to fine players immediately.But, we never hear from the league about bad officiating.

It sucks..

houghtam
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
so many bad calls in all the games.not sure what league is doing..They are ready to fine players immediately.But, we never hear from the league about bad officiating.

It sucks..

Well I think the #1 problem is that the refs aren't full time. IMO what the league needs to do is double their salaries, but have enough required workshops in the offseason that these guys wouldn't be able to have a "regular" job.

I'd be willing to wager that the majority of missed calls come not from a vendetta, but rather a lack of education. A lot of people don't realize that you can have the best set of eyes in the world, but if you don't know where you need to be on a certain play, you put yourself in a bad position to make a call. The commentators even spoke about this during the game, saying that the official making the illegal block in the back call during the kick return for TD was in front of the player. Making NFL officiating their only job would go a long way to correct these mistakes, IMO.

GreatBronco16
12-24-2011, 08:31 PM
A lot of people don't realize that you can have the best set of eyes in the world, but if you don't know where you need to be on a certain play, you put yourself in a bad position to make a call. The commentators even spoke about this during the game, saying that the official making the illegal block in the back call during the kick return for TD was in front of the player. Making NFL officiating their only job would go a long way to correct these mistakes, IMO.

Kinda like on the Tebow run that appeared to be a first down(Fox challenged and it was upheld) the ref came running up from about 15 yards back to mark the spot. How in the hell can he see where he was down out from 15 yards back?

houghtam
12-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Kinda like on the Tebow run that appeared to be a first down(Fox challenged and it was upheld) the ref came running up from about 15 yards back to mark the spot. How in the hell can he see where he was down out from 15 yards back?

Yeah and I don't understand the dynamic of who is in charge of what or who overrides whom, but it seems to me there's not enough of **** YOU I WAS STANDING RIGHT HERE AND SAW IT or BULL**** THERE WAS NO HOLDING ON THAT PLAY between refs. It seems like a lot of times if a call is made, that's the call, no discussion between refs, no nothing. I don't want 5 minutes interruptions every time, but seriously, if you're making a call from an odd position, why can't someone from the crew call you out on it?

Bronco Rob
12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
You forgot the Kick Return TD that was called back for our guy looking at their player.

that. And the last weeks illegal hands to the face penalty on third and 24.

SouthStndJunkie
12-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Meh....we got shafted on a few calls, but blaming the refs is lame.

Denver played like ****.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
What happens when Chargers beat Raiders, Broncos lose to Chiefs? LOL would we still win division? That would be so typical of the AFC West.

teknic
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Meh....we got shafted on a few calls, but blaming the refs is lame.

Denver played like ****.

This... unfortunately.

The refs screwed the Broncos early, and they never recovered. When you let the Bills score 40 on you, you probably don't deserve to win regardless. I didn't like the officiating today, and that 14 point swing could have changed the outcome, but the Broncos played terrible all day long on offense, defense and ST, and ultimately didn't deserve the win. I don't blame the refs any more than I blame anyone else that stepped on the field today.

The one thing that is really bothering me about the officiating however is offensive holding. How in the hell is that a 10yd penalty? I know it's a cliche, but there is holding on every single play, it just depends if the Ref feels like calling it. It burns me so bad when I see Dumervil being obviously held right in front of a ref, and they don't call it, and then call holding on Denver on their next possession to kill a drive. I swear that offensive holding calls have killed more drives for the Broncos than anything else. The rule needs to be defined better, the refs need to be more consistent, and the penalty needs to be proportionate to the foul. Holding should be a 5yd penalty, not 10.

Dedhed
12-24-2011, 09:42 PM

Thank you for that.

joe9999
12-25-2011, 11:56 AM
There were several really bad calls against the Broncos early that changed the momentum. The non call on Decker where his arms were grabbed just before he ball arrived and then the ball hit him in the chest. Then they cut to a commercial and not a single comment from Simms. The block in the back on the Royal return. The foot on the out of bonds line on the Bills return for a TD etc.

The game would have been much closer down the stretch.

The refs were a major factor in the outcome. The Broncos aren't good enough to overcome that even against a week team like the Bills.

tsiguy96
12-25-2011, 02:32 PM
There were several really bad calls against the Broncos early that changed the momentum. The non call on Decker where his arms were grabbed just before he ball arrived and then the ball hit him in the chest. Then they cut to a commercial and not a single comment from Simms. The block in the back on the Royal return. The foot on the out of bonds line on the Bills return for a TD etc.

The game would have been much closer down the stretch.

The refs were a major factor in the outcome. The Broncos aren't good enough to overcome that even against a week team like the Bills.

agreed. it may not have changed the final outcome, but it definitely contributed to the free-fall during the game.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 02:43 PM
You know, everyone falls for the you cant blame the refs line but thats B.S.

This is a parity league, teams ride momentum. If the refs dont **** the bed, you better believe the outcome may have been different.

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Blaming officials is a loser's whine. Broncos aren't losers, and these things always even out.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Blaming officials is a loser's whine. Broncos aren't losers, and these things always even out.

Really? They always even out? When can Seattle expect their Lombardi trophy?

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Really? They always even out? When can Seattle expect their Lombardi trophy?

Oh. Well then the Broncos would be superbowl champs every year if they weren't cheated by the officials. We should always have Hochole (sp) handing us free games when our QB fumbles on the 10 yard line, like against SD.

If the league weren't cheating us, we'd be undefeated.

Broncos fans should cry like little bitches when they don't get ALL calls.

Oh wait...

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Oh. Well then the Broncos would be superbowl champs every year if they weren't cheated by the officials. We should always have Hochole (sp) handing us free games when our QB fumbles on the 10 yard line, like against SD.

If the league weren't cheating us, we'd be undefeated.

No, but its awfully naive of you to think the officiating doesnt effect the outcome of the games or that somehow it all magically evens out in the wash. It doesnt, never has, never will. Sometimes teams get screwed.

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Officiating often affects the outcome of NFL games. Not at the NBA level, but it happens. I don't think the Broncos are overly victimized. That is to say, things roughly even out for them. I don't like crying about officiating.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Officiating often affects the outcome of NFL games. Not at the NBA level, but it happens. I don't think the Broncos are overly victimized. That is to say, things roughly even out for them. I don't like crying about officiating.

Sometimes you get screwed by a bad call but can overcome it. I would say that a 14 point swing two plays apart type of screwing will cause alot of teams to lose in this parity league.

Just because you dont like 'crying' about a fundamental truth, that the officials swing momentum and determine the outcome of games doesnt make it less true. Sometimes teams can overcome the officials, sometimes they cant. Doesnt make it some cosmic force or karma at work that the calls will even out or that a teams performance isnt determined, in part, by the actions of the zebras on any given sunday.

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I suppose if it got to the point where it felt like game outcomes were so frequently changed by officials calls that it was difficult to contain my sobbing and it felt like the wwf, I might find something else to do.

Buffalo kicked the Broncos' asses. Badly. Easily. There are no excuses that hold water.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I suppose if it got to the point where it felt like game outcomes were so frequently changed by officials calls that it was difficult to contain my sobbing and it felt like the wwf, I might find something else to do.

Buffalo kicked the Broncos' asses. Badly. Easily. There are no excuses that hold water.

Denver was in the game when they got screwed by the refs. Momentum is huge in the NFL. There is no way to know, but I dont think it ends in a blowout if they at least dont throw the flag on Royal's return. What happened after the missed calls is on Denver, but to think it had no bearing on the game is insane. Teams get dejected over stuff like that and go in the tank. It happens.

What usually sets the NFL apart though is that there is no rhyme or reason to which teams will be the benefactor of good/bad officiating. Much different than the NBA where the SAME teams are always getting the calls. That league is flat out fixed.

I just think NFL officials are incompetent and sometimes that incompetence bites you in the ass.

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM
You're prepared to put more thought into this than I am.

I declare you the winner of this discussion.*

And the Broncos the loser of the game.

*Actually, that's not fair. You made better points than I did, so that's not just a snarky concession. You won.

teknic
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM
What usually sets the NFL apart though is that there is no rhyme or reason to which teams will be the benefactor of good/bad officiating. Much different than the NBA where the SAME teams are always getting the calls. That league is flat out fixed.

Have you heard of this team called the Patriots?LOL

Rolandftw
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
When did our fanbase become so whiny? I don't remember a Broncos game where Vine didn't cry about the refs, win or lose.

ol#7
12-25-2011, 03:49 PM
You're prepared to put more thought into this than I am.

I declare you the winner of this discussion.*

And the Broncos the loser of the game.

*Actually, that's not fair. You made better points than I did, so that's not just a snarky concession. You won.

Hollow victory. I would rather see Denver hochuli their way to victory and then defend it all offseason. Steeler/Pats fans are expert at this.

bombay
12-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Hollow victory. I would rather see Denver hochuli their way to victory and then defend it all offseason. Steeler/Pats fans are expert at this.

I hear you.

barryr
12-25-2011, 04:45 PM
When did our fanbase become so whiny? I don't remember a Broncos game where Vine didn't cry about the refs, win or lose.

When Tebow became the QB and his haters decided for Tebow to be a legit QB, he needed to throw for 300 yards a game and the team get to the Super Bow$ this yearl. And any time he threw an incomplete pass or missed a receiver, like every young QB does, it only made him unqualified to be a QB and never can improve either.

strafen
12-25-2011, 04:46 PM

Tired of this ****.

That's not why we've lost the game...

gunns
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
last week, NE had only 1 penalty until the 4th quarter. then the head ref rushed to embrace Brady after the game.

I too hate fans who blame the refs. I realize refs make bad calls but there's 60 min of football, win it the other mins. It's a nasty trait that Raider fans are notorious for bringing up after each game. I swear the Raider have never lost a game on their own, it's always the refs. But things like this with NE are glaring to the refs favoring. When they played us I saw holding several times that was never called. Brady is protected by the refs as much as by his line. No it's not the reason we win or lose but it's lopsided to say the least.

Rolandftw
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
When Tebow became the QB and his haters decided for Tebow to be a legit QB, he needed to throw for 300 yards a game and the team get to the Super Bow$ this yearl. And any time he threw an incomplete pass or missed a receiver, like every young QB does, it only made him unqualified to be a QB and never can improve either.

Tebow isn't even relevant to my comment about fans being whiny. Don't think anyone is expecting him to throw for 300 yards, but you can't turn it over four times and expect to have a chance regardless of who you are playing.

Vine
12-26-2011, 12:18 AM

I would like to believe that things even out, but during the last few games, Denver has been getting ass-raped every single damn game by the refs. It is quite amazing that Denver has won a couple of the earlier games, especially Chicago and San Diego. Officiating has not been evening out during Broncos games this year.

I can remember numerous calls and bad calls throughout the season that have had effects on the flow of games, or even the outcomes of games.

Remember the first San Diego game (at home) when Patrick Willis was PI'd out the back of the endzone on the final play of the game in which Tebow nearly made a heroic comeback.

The 2nd SD game, there were at least 4 horrible calls/no calls that went against Denver, it is a wonder Denver still somehow won that game.

Chicago- same as the 2nd SD game. Denver got blatantly ass-raped this game.

Remember Detroit game when Broncos drove down the field on the Lions first possession of the game, and Tebow threw a touchdown pass that looked like a conclusive touchdown to Decker, that was ruled incomplete by the replay official. Replay made the wrong call again against Denver in the Buffalo game, as one can clearly see the edge of the foot touching the out of bounds line on the Bills touchdown return.

Patriots game was heavily slanted against Denver. Not very many blatantly bad calls, but very many questionable calls and no-calls were slanted against Denver, until the game was completely in doubt, refs stating throwing flags against New England, so the game will look more respectable in the boxscore.

Oh and all times that Doom gets held and is NEVER EVER called. ****ing ridiculous. In fact, I would like to know the overall numbers in which Denver has benefited from a holding call against their opponents versus being the victim of holding calls against themselves. These holding calls seem to be extremely lopsided against Denver over a very long period of time.

Evening out my ass.

Vine
12-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Denver seems to get called for holding 2-3 times a game. Denver benefits from holding called against their opponents about once every other game or so. This is of course based my perceptions from intently watching games and not based on any holding statistics that can be easily accessed.

Someone please respond if you disagree and feel that holdings calls have been close to even since the beginning of the season.

broncocalijohn
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Bump!

Works in mysterious ways. Couldnt have done it without you :clown:

Agamemnon
01-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Denver seems to get called for holding 2-3 times a game. Denver benefits from holding called against their opponents about once every other game or so. This is of course based my perceptions from intently watching games and not based on any holding statistics that can be easily accessed.

Someone please respond if you disagree and feel that holdings calls have been close to even since the beginning of the season.

We have had the better pass rushers in most games, and the league is all about protecting QBs, so it's pretty logical to assume that we have been the victim of more uncalled holding than our opponents. Seriously, Dumervil and Miller are nearly unblockable if the refs don't allow holding on a regular basis, and the league isn't going to allow us to destroy QBs like that. They just aren't.

Vine
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Bump!

Works in mysterious ways. Couldnt have done it without you :clown:

Thanks for bumping this thread. It is really quite amazing to think of all the bad officiating that have went against Denver especially since the 2nd SD game.

Maybe I'll spend some time looking up threads concerning the bad officiating for each of the games dating back to the Nov 27th San Diego game. I think many of the fans forgot how screwed we really got during the SD, Chicago and Minnesota games. The Buffalo and New England games weren't quite as bad, but stilll tilted toward the opponents.

Each and every damn game.

broncocalijohn
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread. It is really quite amazing to think of all the bad officiating that have went against Denver especially since the 2nd SD game.

Maybe I'll spend some time looking up threads concerning the bad officiating for each of the games dating back to the Nov 27th San Diego game. I think many of the fans forgot how screwed we really got during the SD, Chicago and Minnesota games. The Buffalo and New England games weren't quite as bad, but stilll tilted toward the opponents.

Each and every damn game.

Devil worshippers. Only explanation.