PDA

View Full Version : Official Denver Broncos @ Buffalo Bills Game Thread 12.24.11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

go_broncos
12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
so..if OAK and Denver loses both games next week...are we in?

Denver724
12-24-2011, 02:18 PM
i wish somebody in the Denver media would call out Fox and McCoy. these guys have alot to do with why our games have gone like this. what a freaking joke to let the Bills score 40. i'm so disgusted i could kick a brick wall.

Come on man. They are calling the plays Tebow can be successful with. Tebow is limited. Defenses are now figuring him out (like all the talking heads said they would). Tebow time is officially over. Time to move on.

MortonToMoses
12-24-2011, 02:19 PM

If San Diego wins today, definitiely not

Denver724

Depends on if Chargers win today. Chargers win today and the scenario you explain above happens Chargers are in.

NFLBRONCO
So let me get this straight if we win we are in playoffs. What if we lose and Oak loses and SD wins next week SD in how does it go in this scenerio.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Come on man. They are calling the plays Tebow can be successful with. Tebow is limited. Defenses are now figuring him out (like all the talking heads said they would). Tebow time is officially over. Time to move on.

This may or may not be true, and Tim was bad today, but regardless of all that, the first half play calling was inexcusable

go_broncos
If San Diego wins today, definitiely not

assuming SD will lose today..

anon
We all knew he was raw and a project. I've seen improvement. I'm of Elway's frame of mind, but since I'm not a team exec, I can be brutally honest: I don't think we're set at the QB position but we have so many other holes to fill in the draft that I don't feel like we NEED to take one. We've seen how quickly one true difference maker can affect the defense, let's get more. And let's see what Tebow can do next season.

We are still at least two years out from being a real contender anyway.

Aside from the 4 picks, how is 13-30 different than most of Tim's games?

Calling this a bad game compared to the others, implies he played well in those other games.

OrangeCrush2724
12-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Problem is that we have lowered our expectations of what a real offense is. No way keep it close till the forth quarter sh*t will work in a real playoff game.

Maybe we aren't really that good, if we can't win a must win game to a horrible team. We beat a mediocre Jets team, beat a Vikings team without Peterson, Beat Raiders without Mcfadden, Beat a wounded Chiefs team. Beat the Bears without Forte and Cutler.

I am not saying Tebow is not the answer. I am one of his biggest critics but to me he has showed improvement through out the season and deserves to be the starter going into next season. We, however, don't have the talent and more importantly, we lack the execution to make a play work. And play calling sometimes is great, but most of the time is horrible.

MortonToMoses
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
assuming SD will lose today..

I think San Diego still wins it on better conference record. Screw it, I don't want to back into the playoffs, anyway

maher_tyler
12-24-2011, 02:25 PM
And look what happens.

Had his worst game by far but they aren't doing him any favors with the play calling. 4 pass attempts in the first half. He's shown he can throw the ball. They need to do a better job of mixing it up.

barryr
12-24-2011, 02:28 PM
The Bronco defense is pulling their usual fade down the stretch. Tebow threw some picks, but he was 6/8 at one time, but the team was behind and the defense wasn't really doing that great. Only the idiots will claim a QB with only now 12 starts can't play with no training camp to speak of.

GreatBronco16
12-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Wait, this is TJs fault is it not?

anon
12-24-2011, 02:30 PM

Maybe we aren't really that good....

Bingo. We're a scrappy team that pulled off some exciting wins -- some, to be honest, due to a little bit of luck, but I don't think anybody expected to be contending for the AFC West or to have the league's #1 rushing offense, or to be in the top 10 of NFL power rankings at some point, so not sure why some folks seem to act as if Tebow is the only question mark on the team.

OABB
12-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Why do we always fade? our whole team sucked. I owe cutler and shanny an apology. its just our destiny to fade I guess. i dont see how we win next week playing like this. oh well, it is what it is.

gb2

Agamemnon
12-24-2011, 02:33 PM
So depressed...

anon
12-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I agree with you to a certain point but our core skill positions on offense are either lacking talent, experience, depth, or all three: QB, RB, WR, TE.

I don't think anybody was glowing about the OL based on last season either. So, I don't really know what people expected but I think we've exceeded reasonable expectations and hopefully will continue to improve.

Problem is that we have lowered our expectations of what a real offense is. No way keep it close till the forth quarter sh*t will work in a real playoff game.

Maybe we aren't really that good, if we can't win a must win game to a horrible team. We beat a mediocre Jets team, beat a Vikings team without Peterson, Beat Raiders without Mcfadden, Beat a wounded Chiefs team. Beat the Bears without Forte and Cutler.

I am not saying Tebow is not the answer. I am one of his biggest critics but to me he has showed improvement through out the season and deserves to be the starter going into next season. We, however, don't have the talent and more importantly, we lack the execution to make a play work. And play calling sometimes is great, but most of the time is horrible.

Rohirrim
12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I didn't see any difference in the playcalling from the games we won. Same gameplan, different outcome. The Bills have Dareus in the middle, who schooled Walton all game long, and they could afford to bring up LBs and DBs to contain Tebow on the outside. Plus, they had 55 shadowing him all game long. Tebow would have had to been able to quick pass over the middle to beat that, but we all know he can't do that. Not to mention that his passing to the outside sucked as well. But STs and defense sucked too. We're quite a few players away. Somebody like Dareus in the middle would be nice for this team.

I can't believe the NFL aholes aren't showing the Lions/Chargers game in this market. Dumb ****s.

Denver Bronco56
12-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Ive really got to point out that when Tebow did get time to throw the receivers would not get separation.... than when they would get separation Kelsey was in the backfield... THE MAIN PROBLEM is the team is built to run, but Mcgahee has been hurt the last couple games so we are relying on two undrafted running backs to carry the load...

Denver Bronco56
12-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Another thing i want to point out is the team is really not as talented as the win/loss column suggests, outside of miller and carter we are about the same team that was the second worse in the NFL last year

MortonToMoses
12-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I didn't see any difference in the playcalling from the games we won. Same gameplan, different outcome. The Bills have Dareus in the middle, who schooled Walton all game long, and they could afford to bring up LBs and DBs to contain Tebow on the outside. Plus, they had 55 shadowing him all game long. Tebow would have had to been able to quick pass over the middle to beat that, but we all know he can't do that. Not to mention that his passing to the outside sucked as well. But STs and defense sucked too. We're quite a few players away. Somebody like Dareus in the middle would be nice for this team.

I can't believe the NFL aholes aren't showing the Lions/Chargers game in this market. Dumb ****s.

Pretty much true although the pitch play on third and one was especially atrocious. This is not a team built to come from behind, so the special teams can't crap the bed, and the defense can't give up big plays.

Agamemnon
12-24-2011, 02:40 PM
The Bronco defense is pulling their usual fade down the stretch. Tebow threw some picks, but he was 6/8 at one time, but the team was behind and the defense wasn't really doing that great. Only the idiots will claim a QB with only now 12 starts can't play with no training camp to speak of.

Every young QB has games with lots of ints. It's amazing it's taken Tebow this long. Still depressing to see it happen in such an important game. Then again, does this team belong anywhere close to the playoffs if they are getting smeared by bad teams?

maher_tyler
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM

I think giving him a full offseason as the starter will do him wonders. Hopefully better play calling as well. This run, run run punt thing in the first half and pass pass pass punt thing in the 2nd half isn't working out so much. They need to keep in balanced. Mix it up..do some screens with some PA in there.

maher_tyler
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Every young QB has games with lots of ints. It's amazing it's taken Tebow this long. Still depressing to see it happen in such an important game. Then again, does this team belong anywhere close to the playoffs if they are getting smeared by bad teams?

This same team beat the Pats. Pats also having a rough game against the Fish...Chiefs beat the Packers etc.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 02:59 PM
If you can't run the ball on 3rd and short, and pick those up, then you can't win in the NFL unless your offense high octane. Broncos aren't yet, they have to be able to run on those downs. IMO they aren't good enough upfront on the oline yet.

DarkHorse
12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
There is a huge noticeable difference in the D when Dawkins is not on the field. That's not a good thing taking his age and injury history into question. Still holding out hope that either/both Carter and Moore step up in the offseason.

oubronco
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
The league has caught up with the gimmick offense it's that simple

broncosteven
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Yep, take the outside away on the ground and force Tim to throw.

oubronco
12-24-2011, 03:06 PM

KC will do the same thing

lolcopter
12-24-2011, 03:08 PM
tebow should have taken the ball on the read option a few times today, because the outside was wide open

oh well. at least detroit is throttling SD right now

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 03:09 PM

I don't totally buy this. The main problem is they never adjust. But it needs more variation. And why we never run hurry up is beyond me. Plus when we are in the lead, we go into shell mode. Lots of blame to go around, but there's nothing all that "gimmick" about it

broncosteven
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM
KC will do the same thing

They will try to, the only plus is that they have Orton who still sucks in the redzone and is a stationary target.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
They will try to, the only plus is that they have Orton who still sucks in the redzone and is a stationary target.

Regardless, next week we need to have a diff strategy. Like rocky fighting right handed type stuff. Need to keep them off balanced

cabronco
12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Why has Denver gone away from the option, which has given teams problems during our winning stretch. Even though McGahee is dinged up, JJ ran that in college. Those runs up the middle are so predictable w/o the option ! Why wouldnt you go back to your bread & butter this season when you need a win ? The play calling is baffling at times.

barryr
12-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Why has Denver gone away from the option, which has given teams problems during our winning stretch. Even though McGahee is dinged up, JJ ran that in college. Those runs up the middle are so predictable w/o the option ! Why wouldnt you go back to your bread & butter this season when you need a win ? The play calling is baffling at times.

Agreed, they want to protect QB with the playcalling, but it is the conservative play calling that ends up being so predictable and you can only be predictable when you have dominant players on offense and they can't be stopped even when you know what is coming, which the Broncos don't have right now.

NFLBRONCO
12-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Denver needs more speed and weapons. Only issue what top tier wr would want to play here in this O NONE.

MortonToMoses
12-24-2011, 03:56 PM
There is a huge noticeable difference in the D when Dawkins is not on the field. That's not a good thing taking his age and injury history into question. Still holding out hope that either/both Carter and Moore step up in the offseason.

That's pretty much true across the board. One of the reasons why we're playing for a playoff spot is that the injury bug hasn't hit too hard this year. The reality is that we're paper thin at a lot of positions, so losing a starter is a huge deal.

zdoor
12-24-2011, 04:02 PM

We need to use the TE's more. Not sure if tebow doesn't look to them or we don't call their numbers but they are usually open when we do. Best counter to taking outside run game away and we don't seem to use them...

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Volgende week zal ik weer boob mojo, neem mijn verbod, en krijgen broncos in de playoffs.

That is all.

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Volgende week zal ik weer boob mojo, neem mijn verbod, en krijgen broncos in de playoffs.

That is all.

cutthemdown : Next week I will be boob mojo, take my ban and get the Broncos into the playoffs That is all.

I was thinking of doing the same things and taking one for the team ^5

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 04:11 PM
and thank you google translate LOL ...

theAPAOps5
12-24-2011, 04:15 PM

That is all.

I almost did it today and then it went full suck and I backed off. I don't care if it is needed I will take my lumps too.

TDmvp
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I almost did it today and then it went full suck and I backed off. I don't care if it is needed I will take my lumps too.

Yea I figured save it till next week in the must win.

Dagmar
12-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Next week's game thread is going to be epic, I can feel it.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 09:38 PM

I say we all do it, take our ban, its for the good of the team.

cutthemdown
12-24-2011, 09:39 PM
and thank you google translate LOL ...

Isn't t awesome though that boob mojo is the same in Dutch! It's a sign. I will post awesome dutch tits next week 15 minutes before kick off. I invite all real Bronco fans to post, participate, and help the team to victory!

theAPAOps5
12-25-2011, 01:15 AM
I say we all do it, take our ban, its for the good of the team.

If it calls for it I am totally going to go down.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RQcXtKa8IGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>