PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore sportswriter considers Denver no obstacle

Gort
12-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Baltimore sportswriter (and known d-bag) Mike Preston considers Denver no obstacle at all for the Ravens if they meet in the playoffs. of course, these quotes show he has no idea what he's talking about, but that's never stopped those idiots on the east coast from pontificating about the Broncos this year. also, this guy thinks the Ravens are have the best chance and path to the superbowl.

Denver has a quarterback who can't throw

Denver quarterback Tim Tebow has become the darling of the national media, but he can't beat the Ravens running that one-dimensional offense. The Ravens would smack him silly regardless if the game was in Denver or Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-1223-20111222,0,5993608.column

it's never too early for some bulletin board material. :)

Jay3
12-23-2011, 05:59 AM
I think the Broncos could be a tough match-up for the Ravens. The Broncos don't depend on getting 28 points from their offense.

They could get into a slug-fest with Flaccidio, play a smash-mouth, low-scoring game, get some turnovers, and win 21-14. The Ravens offense is not reliable.

Agamemnon
12-23-2011, 06:08 AM
They just got owned by a team that likely won't even make the playoffs, so I'm thinking any team they play should be considered an obstacle.

RunSilentRunDeep
12-23-2011, 06:28 AM
I think the ravens are the worst match up in the AFC for Denver. Preston may be a dOOfus, but considering how many times Baltimore has smacked Denver around, it's understandable he and everyone else in B-more thinks that way.

Old Dude
12-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Apart from the aging secondary and McGahee, Denver has a young and inexperienced team and it's going to be a challenge just to get into the playoffs.

Broncbow
12-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Broncos only obstacle is the the scheme holding Tebow back

jhns
12-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Defensive teams play this teams game. This team hasn't lost a close game with Tebow in. The Ravens will be Tebowed if we play them.

rbackfactory80
12-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Easy to say when you have never stepped foot on a football field.

For what it's worth, my grandma likes the Ravens also.

OrangeCrush2724
12-23-2011, 07:07 AM
The Ravens kick our ass every time we play them. Lets face it, they have our number. Hopefully we can keep it close till the 4th.

jhns
12-23-2011, 07:09 AM
The Ravens kick our ass every time we play them. Lets face it, they have our number. Hopefully we can keep it close till the 4th.

Yeah, and we always lose in Miami, at KC, and always beat the Pats. I'm not sure why people even try bringing up the past at this point.

Spider
12-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Easy to say when you have never stepped foot on a football field.

For what it's worth, my grandma likes the Ravens also.

actually we match up well with the ratbird bastards ... question I have is who will those bastard put to spy Tebow ?
think that will be the Key matchup the entire game ... Be hard to run if they have Dickhead ( ray Lewis ) or Penis noggin( Suggs) , but the short passing game should be there ... Be an interesting game fo sure ;D

bowtown
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Where do you people find this stuff and why do you care so much?

Spider
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Where do you people find this stuff and why do you care so much?

I think they google Tebows name every morning just looking for something to biatch about

Jay3
12-23-2011, 07:27 AM
I think they google Tebows name every morning just looking for something to biatch about

I have an RSS feed in Google reader of a news search containing the word "Tebow." Every story that Google indexes as "news" and contains Tebow. I visually scan it all the time -- usually one little Tebow fart causes 29 different variations of the story, either because different outlets write a story about the same thing, or the same story is carried multiple times.

Spider
12-23-2011, 07:30 AM
I have an RSS feed in Google reader of a news search containing the word "Tebow." Every story that Google indexes as "news" and contains Tebow. I visually scan it all the time -- usually one little Tebow fart causes 29 different variations of the story, either because different outlets write a story about the same thing, or the same story is carried multiple times.

;D that would get obnoxious after a while wouldnt it ?

vancejohnson82
12-23-2011, 07:36 AM
a perfect matchup for us, in my opinion

btw, they just got OWNED by the Chargers so maybe they should stop worrying about what is going on three weeks down the line and concentrate on fixing their own ****

gunns
12-23-2011, 08:27 AM
I think the ravens are the worst match up in the AFC for Denver. Preston may be a dOOfus, but considering how many times Baltimore has smacked Denver around, it's understandable he and everyone else in B-more thinks that way.

Things aren't the way they have been in the past. Our ownage of NE took a hit, we score from the red zone and we can come back and win a game. I think teams with stout defenses and average offenses are the best teams we can play.

Denver quarterback Tim Tebow has become the darling of the national media, but he can't beat the Ravens running that one-dimensional offense. The Ravens would smack him silly regardless if the game was in Denver or Baltimore.

Isn't this how Chicago felt?

55CrushEm
12-23-2011, 08:31 AM
a perfect matchup for us, in my opinion

btw, they just got OWNED by the Chargers so maybe they should stop worrying about what is going on three weeks down the line and concentrate on fixing their own ****

Agreed.....all the more reason for us to pray we get the #3 seed if possible. Then we'd face Unibrow in round 2....rather than Brady.

HILife
12-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Right now I'm just focused on making the playoffs. Will think about that once we make the playoffs.

barryr
12-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Funny a Baltimore paper ripping another team's QB while it's own has been in the NFL longer and hardly rated as one of the best in the NFL.

Archer81
12-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Meh. If/when we play Baltimore is when I will/might be upset/annoyed at what this reporter/douche wrote/shat out.

Until then, GB2.

:Broncos:

TonyR
12-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Nobody out here on the east coast takes the Broncos very seriously. The two "good teams" we've played beat us handily. So we won't be respected until we beat somebody in a playoff game, which hopefully will happen!

broncogary
12-23-2011, 09:53 AM

Tebow farts? Who knew? ??????

OrangeSe7en
12-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I think the Broncos could be a tough match-up for the Ravens. The Broncos don't depend on getting 28 points from their offense.

They could get into a slug-fest with Flaccidio, play a smash-mouth, low-scoring game, get some turnovers, and win 21-14. The Ravens offense is not reliable.

It could be similar to the Jets game, except Flacco is even more risk prone than Sanchez and Tebow has progressed as a passer since the Jets game.

Kaylore
12-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Baltimore sportswriter (and known d-bag) Mike Preston considers Denver no obstacle at all for the Ravens if they meet in the playoffs. of course, these quotes show he has no idea what he's talking about, but that's never stopped those idiots on the east coast from pontificating about the Broncos this year. also, this guy thinks the Ravens are have the best chance and path to the superbowl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-column-1223-20111222,0,5993608.column

it's never too early for some bulletin board material. :)

This is an OUTRAGE! Someone start an online petition.

Gort
12-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Nobody out here on the east coast takes the Broncos very seriously. The two "good teams" we've played beat us handily. So we won't be respected until we beat somebody in a playoff game, which hopefully will happen!

DEN lost to TEN by 3. Denver would have beat them except that Fox didn't want to hurt Orton's feeling by letting Tebow come in on RZ packages. BAL lost to TEN by 13.

BAL lost to JAX by 5
BAL lost to SEA by 5
BAL lost to SD by 20

DEN beat CIN, OAK, SD, CHI, and NYJ. all of these teams are/were in the playoff hunt and all of these teams have been media darlings at some point this season.

in conclusion, BAL is not as good as they think they are and DEN is not as bad as east coast media thinks they are.

i wouldn't be bothered by a 1st round matchup with BAL. PIT worries me more than the Ravens.

Gort
12-23-2011, 10:29 AM
This is an OUTRAGE! Someone start an online petition.

well, what else are we supposed to talk about on a Broncos football forum mid-week? boobs are now off limits, so what's left, except for talking about Broncos stuff?

drama queen Kaylore is drama queen.

Boogerboots
12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
DEN lost to TEN by 3. Denver would have beat them except that Fox didn't want to hurt Orton's feeling by letting Tebow come in on RZ packages. BAL lost to TEN by 13.

BAL lost to JAX by 5
BAL lost to SEA by 5
BAL lost to SD by 20

DEN beat CIN, OAK, SD, CHI, and NYJ. all of these teams are/were in the playoff hunt and all of these teams have been media darlings at some point this season.

in conclusion, BAL is not as good as they think they are and DEN is not as bad as east coast media thinks they are.

i wouldn't be bothered by a 1st round matchup with BAL. PIT worries me more than the Ravens.

Also of note. B-more sucks on the road. Playing at mile high should more than equal the playing field. With Ben Flintstone banged up, it might be better to get the Steelers early before he heals up. Either way both Pitt and B- more will offer up one massive smashmouth matchup.

Pick Six
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
We have trouble with good quarterbacks. Flacco doesn't qualify, this year, as a good quarterback...

WolfpackGuy
12-23-2011, 11:28 AM
If this team doesn't turn it over, they can beat anybody.

barryr
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Wasn't long ago the Broncos winning 5 games looked like a stretch, so this team just making the playoffs in rebuild mode would be a great accomplishment IMO.

jhns
12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Wasn't long ago the Broncos winning 5 games looked like a stretch, so this team just making the playoffs in rebuild mode would be a great accomplishment IMO.

It is. Really, just getting eight wins is an accomplishment. That is double last seasons win total. There is no doubt the team is headed in the right direction.

NFLBRONCO
12-23-2011, 11:51 AM
If I was a Raven or Pitt fan I'd feel this way facing Denver because we have won alot of matchups lately. So I'd expect to win going in. In reality we need to reach the playoffs first then think about match ups.

I do think a Pitt/Raven playoff game would give us a measuring stick on how much we have improved our ability to beat a physical team.

While I agree no turnovers against NE would have made a difference I still don't buy we would have won the way our D was playing. They also played without Branch and it would be in NE.

Wes Mantooth
12-23-2011, 11:56 AM
I hope the broncos are as worried this week about the Bills as I am. Who cares about a match that may never happen.

Hulamau
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM

That's just where we want them, thinking ahead to 'their' NE/Steelers game the following week....

Play2win
12-23-2011, 12:40 PM

That was that Broncos team, not THIS Broncos team. There's a big difference.

Archer81
12-23-2011, 12:46 PM
We dont win in Baltimore. They really dont win in Denver.

BUT...anything could happen, and probably will.

:Broncos: