PDA

View Full Version : Zane Beadles is awesome

vonqkilla
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Watching the game on replay, and on play after play Beadles gets driven back, pocket collapses and the play is busted.

Ex. 3Rd and long in late 3rd, and the score is 27 -16, in the balance. Beadles owned on shotgun play action, Beadles is driven back 5 yards the time it takes the fake to run, Tebow tries to roll but is trapped, sack.

2Nd and 14, play action out of offset I, Tebow fumbles in endzone, Beadles is beaten bad bad, his man strips Tebow.

There are more examples all year and last game.

Bottomline, he is a liability on every pass play, and if there is pressure, its almost always from there, worsened by the fact Tebow is lefthanded and throws much better right there, esp out of playaction, we always go to left side.

Im all for moving Franklin and shuffling it around, drafting a G, or signing a FA. Walton looks much better and has improved alot.

DBroncos4life
12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs are FA's. Saints might have a hard time keeping Nicks around with Brees, Colston, Porter, and Franklin being a FA as well.

Requiem
12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Just get the meanest, biggest minority you can find with a lunch pail mentality and get him on the cheap. KFC snacker style.

Kaylore
12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
A lot of the issues with Walton and Clady would be helped enormously by having a real LG on the team.

lonestar
12-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Watching the game on replay, and on play after play Beadles gets driven back, pocket collapses and the play is busted.

Ex. 3Rd and long in late 3rd, and the score is 27 -16, in the balance. Beadles owned on shotgun play action, Beadles is driven back 5 yards the time it takes the fake to run, Tebow tries to roll but is trapped, sack.

2Nd and 14, play action out of offset I, Tebow fumbles in endzone, Beadles is beaten bad bad, his man strips Tebow.

Bottomline, he is a liability on every pass play, and if there is pressure, its almost always from there, worsened by the fact Tebow is lefthanded and throws much better right there, esp out of playaction, we always go to left side.

Im all for moving Franklin and shuffling it around, drafting a G, or signing a FA. Walton looks much better and has improved alot.

By all means call Fox and let him know..

I'm sure he does not know..

Br0nc0Buster
12-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Beadles has been dog**** since hes been on the team

Walton could go that matter as well, his ceiling IMO is that of an average starter

drafting a tackle in the first would prolly upgrade 2 spots assuming Franklin moves over to guard

but honestly I dont think Franklin has been THAT bad, I am sort of going easy on him since its his first time playing the position

extralife
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
we run for 200 yards a game, no one on the line is that bad. we have bigger things to worry about than replacing guys that might make it look like tebow did something bad once or twice (which is what this thread is really about)

Jesterhole
12-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I miss Tom Nalen =(

vonqkilla
12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
we run for 200 yards a game, no one on the line is that bad. we have bigger things to worry about than replacing guys that might make it look like tebow did something bad once or twice (which is what this thread is really about)

You obviously are a ball watcher.

On turning point, great breakdown on Patriot adjustments. They went to a 4/3, & teams will continue to ignore pitchman and just smash Tebow.

Hamrob
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I've seen plenty of nice blocks by Beadles.

Bronx33
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Get a billboard

vonqkilla
12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I've seen plenty of nice blocks by Beadles.

I have too, every dog has his day. But he is clearly the weakest link in our offense

He had a great block pulling right on JJs run.

Problem is, he is the one weak link, and his consistent bad play is really hurting us.

Inkana7
12-21-2011, 10:03 PM
What are you going to do about this?

Man-Goblin
12-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Utility backup. Walton would probably be a good backup if he could learn some guard.

This team is full of holes. That's why you've gotta be excited where they're at if they can add some starters in front of these guys. A lot of the starters right now, guys they are counting on, are not throwaways; they're just guys who would provide quality depth when guys inevitably go down. And yes injuries happen.

This is a pipe dream as a lot guys will leave, but here's A few guys who I hope they can keep (and where they should be slotted, excluding our last draft) but replace with starter quality:

Walton (if he can learn guard)
Beadles (backup guard tackle)
Fells (could be a good #2 or great #3)
Royal (#4 WR and return guy, but he will be gone this offseason)
Hagan (love him as a backup LB)
Woodyard (same plus special teams)
Marcus Thomas, Bunkley (good rotational tackles, #3 or #4 on depth chart)
Ayers (ok #3 or #4 DE if you keep 4)
Chris Harris (I know he's a rookie, but he'd be a good #4 corner on a good defense)

Man-Goblin
12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Forgot Mays. Would provide quality depth and a great special teamer.

vonqkilla
12-21-2011, 10:25 PM
” what are going to do about it, tell fox, get a billboard”, orangemane football.

ZONA
12-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Walton could go that matter as well, his ceiling IMO is that of an average starter

Yeah, because most NFL offensive linemen reach their peak during the middle of their 2nd season, lol. 4real dude? You're giving the guy 1 season? This is his 2nd year, no offseason work, scrambled entire scheme just 7 weeks ago and has a real gem to his left. IMO, you're opinion has no legs to stand on.

Kaylore
12-21-2011, 10:28 PM
One of the things that bothers me the most about this site is how if one unit does well, they are all above reproach. You see this after we win. When we win, no one is concerned and when we lose, everyone sucks.

Zane has his moments and to even make a football team in the NFL is a huge feat. There's a possibility he can improve. However if an outstanding guard or tackle falls to us in the draft, or a really solid one is available in free agency, particular an experienced veteran, I would love to see the front office make a move and slide some pieces around.

extralife
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
One of the things that bothers me the most about this site is how if one unit does well, they are all above reproach.

you only have so many picks in the draft and so many dollars. every week there's a new thread on how we should replace Guy X with our first round pick. listening to the mane you'd think we have five first rounders. people try to throw away early picks like they're nothing. if a guy isn't an all pro after a year, toss him. hell, we got a first. nevermind that our corners are in their mid thirties and our nickle is an undrafted rookie. nevermind that we haven't drafted a DT in ten years. nevermind that we don't have a real mike on the team. nevermind the fact that we have one real NFL RB on the roster and he's 30 years old and hurt every other week. who cares that we have two NFL wideouts and they're both in their second year. nevermind the fact that we don't have a backup QB. don't worry about the zero depth we have at DE. nope, instead we should replace all three of the first day picks we've spent on the oline in the last two years, even though it is currently the best unit on our team.

Kaylore
12-21-2011, 10:41 PM
you only have so many picks in the draft and so many dollars. every week there's a new thread on how we should replace Guy X with our first round pick. listening to the mane you'd think we have five first rounders. people try to throw away early picks like they're nothing. if a guy isn't an all pro after a year, toss him. hell, we got a first. nevermind that our corners are in their mid thirties and our nickle is an undrafted rookie. nevermind that we haven't drafted a DT in ten years. nevermind that we don't have a real mike on the team. nevermind the fact that we have one real NFL RB on the roster and he's 30 years old and hurt every other week. who cares that we have two NFL wideouts and they're both in their second year. nevermind the fact that we don't have a backup QB. don't worry about the zero depth we have at DE. nope, instead we should replace all three of the first day picks we've spent on the oline in the last two years, even though it is currently the best unit on our team.
I don't believe anyone is advocating that at all. Lineman are the bread and butter of the later rounds. We should be able to find one there.

cutthemdown
12-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey got pushed around in the Detroit game, and the Jets game as well.

cutthemdown
12-21-2011, 10:46 PM
You take the biggest stud available regardless of position. I really think that is always the best way to go. We only have about 4-5 positions it would be stupid to draft at. We can still use dbacks, linebackers, dlineman, olineman, wr, rb, te lol. We still need alot of work.

Rascal
12-21-2011, 10:46 PM
IMO this team has bigger holes to fill than the o-line, but if an upgrade presented itself I wouldn't be opposed. Ideally I would move Franklin to LG, but OT are harder and more expensive to find.

Drek
12-22-2011, 01:51 AM
IMO this team has bigger holes to fill than the o-line, but if an upgrade presented itself I wouldn't be opposed. Ideally I would move Franklin to LG, but OT are harder and more expensive to find.

For the style of football this team wants to play and how the current roster is made up I think you'd have a hard time putting another high end OL at probably anything less than 3rd or 4th on our needs list.

#1 is CB, closely followed by DT at #2. Everything else is a mile behind these but not because everything else is doing ok, just that those two positions are flirting with us fielding sub-NFL level talent every Sunday.

But if the choice for #3 was between OL, MLB, and a better KR/PR (which I'd say it is) then you can really get a good argument going for OL.

At MLB we have Irving as a young in house prospect and the shuffling of DJ/Woodyard/Mays has been able to mask some issues up to this point. Betting on Irving is a fair sight better than any OL depth we could bet on.

At KR/PR we need to upgrade from Cosby, but that upgrade might just be named Eddie Royal, or he might be a late rounder/UDFA like most teams acquire their KR/PR types.

On the OL though we have a young nucleus already established but are lacking any depth at all. We've been exceptionally lucky that no one on the starting OL has gotten injured and that includes Zane Beadles. As soon as one of the starters gets hurt we're putting in a waiver wire level backup. That is unacceptable for a team that wants to dominate in the running game week after week.

Beadles has serious issues. He is wildly inconsistent and still doesn't look like playing LG has mentally clicked for him. Maybe it will this off-season with a full camp to work with Magazu. But maybe it won't. We should find another young LG, either in the draft or in FA, who can compete and likely take the starting job from him. At that point Beadles can be your 6th man and backup all five OL positions. He played OT for three years in college and has NFL experience at both LT and RT last season. He's played this entire year at LG. Many scouts thought his best NFL position as C. So start working him out as predominantly the backup C to build up his snapping ability but get some time in at the other positions as well so he can develop into a super utility guy.

We would immediately improve the play at LG and also dramatically improve the depth on the OL with just a single upgrade. Beadles is very versatile for a player as young as he is, we should make use of that. A six man OL core with him on the bench is ready for any injury that could come its way. Best of all, maybe the pre-draft talk was right and he would make a better C, internally adding competition for Walton if he struggles even after LG is upgraded next to him.

Broncbow
12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Kalil, Martin, Reiff, Jones, Fluker, Wagner Adams and Potter.

There are plenty of quality OT's in this draft. I think we can snag one in the second round to take over the RT slot and Move Franklin to Beadles position and Beadles will add phenomenal depth to the line from OT to G.

DT and OT have to be addressed this draft. But no since in reaching either. Looking at the FA, an OT is a must this draft.

1st CB Janoris Jenkins
2nd OT Mike Adams
3rd+5th DT Josh Chapman
4th DT Jaye Howard
5th CB/WR/S Trumaine Johnson
7th TE Evan Rodriguez

UDFA RB Marc Tyler

We have to resign these guys...

- DT Broderick Bunkley
- DE Jason Hunter
- FB Spencer Larson
- LB Joe Mays
- LB Wesley Woodyard
- TE Daniel Fells
- WR Matt Willis

FA's
- QB David Garrard as a back up
- S Reggie Nelson
- WR/PR Roscoe Parrish
- WR Robert Meachem
- DT Pat Sims
- CB Carlos Rodgers

If your the coach seeing this, do you give Beadles backup via a RB or TE on pass play's or ignore it and watch Tebow look even uglier than the scheme is making him look?

Agamemnon
12-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Here's hoping EFX don't have their heads buried in the sand like so many on this board when it comes to Beadles. Yes he's young, but sometimes a player just isn't starter quality. Beadles would be okay as our 6th lineman, but Franklin should be our LG with a true tackle protecting Tebow's blindside.

Agamemnon
12-22-2011, 06:43 AM

Franklin isn't really a tackle anyway...

jhns
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM

I didn't see anyone mention a first rounder. Are you claiming the team doesn't have a bunch of holes? I can tell you a ton of holes. The team needs a MLB, CB, S, DT, DE, some o-line, RB, TE, and Receiver... These are all either old or weak positions. They don't even include positions like QB, where we need backups next season. Just because we don't have ten first round picks, doesn't mean we can't have ten needs. The two have nothing to do with each other. This team was the second worst in the league last year. They didn't fix everything this past offseason.

Br0nc0Buster
12-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Yeah, because most NFL offensive linemen reach their peak during the middle of their 2nd season, lol. 4real dude? You're giving the guy 1 season? This is his 2nd year, no offseason work, scrambled entire scheme just 7 weeks ago and has a real gem to his left. IMO, you're opinion has no legs to stand on.

what?
I said his ceiling was that of an average starter, I didnt say as of right now he is a finished product

I think my opinion has legs because right now he is not that good, and I dont even think he has the talent to be anything more than average

He doesnt appear to be that strong physically but isnt god awful like Beadles

we need road graders, Beadles and Walton are not that

SonOfLe-loLang
12-22-2011, 08:03 AM
I just dont think Beadles is all that strong.

Rascal
12-22-2011, 08:06 AM
For the style of football this team wants to play and how the current roster is made up I think you'd have a hard time putting another high end OL at probably anything less than 3rd or 4th on our needs list.

#1 is CB, closely followed by DT at #2. Everything else is a mile behind these but not because everything else is doing ok, just that those two positions are flirting with us fielding sub-NFL level talent every Sunday.

But if the choice for #3 was between OL, MLB, and a better KR/PR (which I'd say it is) then you can really get a good argument going for OL.

At MLB we have Irving as a young in house prospect and the shuffling of DJ/Woodyard/Mays has been able to mask some issues up to this point. Betting on Irving is a fair sight better than any OL depth we could bet on.

At KR/PR we need to upgrade from Cosby, but that upgrade might just be named Eddie Royal, or he might be a late rounder/UDFA like most teams acquire their KR/PR types.

On the OL though we have a young nucleus already established but are lacking any depth at all. We've been exceptionally lucky that no one on the starting OL has gotten injured and that includes Zane Beadles. As soon as one of the starters gets hurt we're putting in a waiver wire level backup. That is unacceptable for a team that wants to dominate in the running game week after week.

Beadles has serious issues. He is wildly inconsistent and still doesn't look like playing LG has mentally clicked for him. Maybe it will this off-season with a full camp to work with Magazu. But maybe it won't. We should find another young LG, either in the draft or in FA, who can compete and likely take the starting job from him. At that point Beadles can be your 6th man and backup all five OL positions. He played OT for three years in college and has NFL experience at both LT and RT last season. He's played this entire year at LG. Many scouts thought his best NFL position as C. So start working him out as predominantly the backup C to build up his snapping ability but get some time in at the other positions as well so he can develop into a super utility guy.

We would immediately improve the play at LG and also dramatically improve the depth on the OL with just a single upgrade. Beadles is very versatile for a player as young as he is, we should make use of that. A six man OL core with him on the bench is ready for any injury that could come its way. Best of all, maybe the pre-draft talk was right and he would make a better C, internally adding competition for Walton if he struggles even after LG is upgraded next to him.

I didn't say I would be opposed, I just think that we have some serious holes to fill at other positions. At DT we have, IMO, two holes as we have just two rosterable DTs in Thomas and Bunkley. I'm not counting Warren as he has been injured for the past two years. McBean and Unrein should never see the field. Vickerson is average at best.

At CB we have at least one hole, and possibly more. I won't go into Goodman for obvious reasons, Vaughn never did much for me, Champ is old, and Thompson tore his achilles. In this pass happy league this secondary will not hold up.

DJ is one violation away from a long suspension. Based on his previous behavior I'm not sure I would want to take that risk. And I disagree about shuffling Woodyard/DJ/Mays at MLB. Both Woodyard and Mays have a substantial weakness and good teams target that as we saw against NE. The MLB is the center of the defense, and IMO it is crucial that we upgrade it.

You failed to mention RB. I love McGahee but he is on the wrong side of 30 and the wear/tear is obviously starting to show. Moreno was never much to start with and he just tore his knee up. Not good. JJ/Ball are practice team type RBs.

I also have issues with PR/KR and TE. You can add safety to that list, but I doubt we do anything there after spending two draft picks last year.

But it's semantics to argue if LG is the #4 on the list or #6. This team has some holes to fill, and it should be interesting to see what Elway and company do this offseason to address them. Hopefully Bowlen opens his checkbook.

bronco militia
12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102241

DBroncos4life
12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102241

Saying one player sucks isn't the same as saying the WHOLE unit sucks.

bowtown
12-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Beadles would be a great utility backup. We need a real starter at that spot though.