PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pressure

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2011, 08:37 AM
What can the Broncos do to generate more of a pass rush up the middle? From my south endzone seats it was frustratimg to watch Brady evade all that pressure from the outside by stepping up into a nice soft spot in the middle. Someone here predicted that would happen I remember.

Anyway, seems like we should've brought middle linebacker or safety up the middle more often. But I haven't seen any footage yet so maybe that was cut off somehow.

houghtam
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
What can the Broncos do to generate more of a pass rush up the middle? From my south endzone seats it was frustratimg to watch Brady evade all that pressure from the outside by stepping up into a nice soft spot in the middle. Someone here predicted that would happen I remember.

Anyway, seems like we should've brought middle linebacker or safety up the middle more often. But I haven't seen any footage yet so maybe that was cut off somehow.

They were too busy watching the Patriots TEs run past them.

jhns
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM
We still need some new guys on the front seven but the Pats have a great line this year.

tsiguy96
12-20-2011, 08:42 AM
they were rushing 3 for teh first half of the game for some reason, they finally got a few hits on blitzes but they just didnt have the backside coverage or defensive gameplan to take this game.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Just don't understand it. You don't beat Brady by trying to cover all his guys. Especially with our secondary. Basically anyone not lined up against Champ is open.

You've got to hit him. Early and often.

vonqkilla
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM

My key to game was bringing Von up the gut like vs Palmer.

Obviously I know more football than Dennis Allen because they showed it, but dropped Von to take away Welker slant, rushed 3, & Brady just waited for someone to uncover.
Hilarious!

Not laughing...

tsiguy96
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Just don't understand it. You don't beat Brady by trying to cover all his guys. Especially with our secondary. Basically anyone not lined up against Champ is open.

You've got to hit him. Early and often.

yep, they didnt bring any pressure until the 3rd.

barryr
12-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Just like Rodgers, you have to get pressure on him too since he has way too many weapons to choose from if given all day to wait for someone to get open. Playing for coverage rarely works on a team with many weapons in the passing game.

cmhargrove
12-20-2011, 10:38 AM

Any thought that Brady and the Patriots have made their living (and won superbowls) by doing exactly what you said. Brady is brilliant at pocket presence, one of the best in our generation. Also, the Patriots have been traditionally very solid in interior pass pro.

This is what the Patriots do.