PDA

View Full Version : Maroney vs. Lynch

TheChamp24
12-20-2011, 08:34 AM
A look back to last year.
On September 14th, the Broncos traded a 4th rounder to the Patriots for Laurence Maroney and a 6th round pick.

On October 5th, the Buffalo Bills traded Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for a 4th rounder and a conditional pick in 2012(a 5th or 6th round pick).

Basically, I want to know why we didn't look at getting Lynch and instead went with the horrible Maroney.

jhns
12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
A look back to last year.
On September 14th, the Broncos traded a 4th rounder to the Patriots for Laurence Maroney and a 6th round pick.

On October 5th, the Buffalo Bills traded Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for a 4th rounder and a conditional pick in 2012(a 5th or 6th round pick).

Basically, I want to know why we didn't look at getting Lynch and instead went with the horrible Maroney.

You are asking people to make sense of what McDaniels did here. This is impossible. The guy was far too stupid for normal people to understand.

go_broncos
12-20-2011, 08:38 AM
hmm..who is our coach at that time.if you think too much about his moves..you will lose your hair.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-20-2011, 08:38 AM
http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/joshmcdaniels4.jpg

Problem?

Natedog24
12-20-2011, 08:40 AM

mellow mood
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Because Mcdummy only like patriot players

Lynch also had some off the field issues, and was suspended for multiple games at some point.

TheReverend
12-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Lynch wasnt a Patriot

DBroncos4life
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
McD is on a mission to F up as many NFL teams he can. Getting a guy like Lynch would have slowed that down.

TonyR
12-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Clearly a terrible move but perhaps Lynch wasn't available when McD acquired Maroney.

jmz313
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Lynch's character/off field issues is what got him traded. Teams don't jump at giving up picks for those guys. hindsight is 20-20.

Oh, and Maroney was a Pat.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:20 AM
did anyone read the article that talked about what McDaniels left behind here and how many guys are contributing this year?

just asking

Dr. Broncenstein
12-20-2011, 09:24 AM
did anyone read the article that talked about what McDaniels left behind here and how many guys are contributing this year?

just asking

Did that part come after the section describing McDaniels and his apologists as loser d-bags?

TheReverend
12-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Did that part come after the section describing McDaniels and his apologists as loser d-bags?

I dunno but it shouldve been.

ClamChowdah
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Maroney was horrible, that guy was the definition of awful, his typical statline was 12 carries for 15 yards.

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:29 AM

just asking

You mean all of our worst starters other than Tebow? Or the fact that he gave away players that were twice as good and used 15 picks in the first three rounds for guys that are considered weak links on the team? All of the best players are Shanahan and Fox guys. This is still true after he gave away many good Shanahan starters. Just pathetic...

McFans will be McFans.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
You mean all of our worst starters other than Tebow? Or the fact that he gave away players that were twice as good and used 15 picks in the first three rounds for guys that are considered weak links on the team? All of the best players are Shanahan and Fox guys.

McFans will be McFans.

Dude, it was an interesting article thats all I'm saying. Jesus.

I liked the guy, thought he lost it big time at the end there and deserved to be fired. Then I moved on.....maybe some good advice in there somewhere

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:34 AM

I liked the guy, thought he lost it big time at the end there and deserved to be fired. Then I moved on.....maybe some good advice in there somewhere

I agree, you are retarded.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I agree, you are retarded.

big time rep right there dude....as usual you succeed in bringing the thread down to the lowest common denominator of stupid

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
big time rep right there dude....as usual you succeed in bringing the thread down to the lowest common denominator of stupid

Says the McFan as he tries to defend his hero.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
But, what about all the good things Hitler did?

DBroncos4life
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Time Magazine agrees!

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:45 AM

just asking

big time defending going on right there, huh? never seen someone so obsessed with an ex NFL coach. I bet you still sniff on your ex boyfriends tube socks and cuddle with his tootbrush as you go to sleep at night

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
big time defending going on right there, huh? never seen someone so obsessed with an ex NFL coach. I bet you still sniff on your ex boyfriends tube socks and cuddle with his tootbrush as you go to sleep at night

Classy.

It's called context, McFan.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM

remember the catch Lelie made against the Raiders?

according to some on the board this would mean:

a) I think we should have kept Lelie and have him on the roster today
b) I still regret the firing of Shanny because I liked Lelie
c) I shouldn't be able to watch this year's wide recievers because I still miss Lelie
d) I'm retarded
e) I have a pro-Hawaii agenda and hate the Broncos today
f) I think Lelie is better than Decker

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
:facepalm

As I said, retarded.

TheChamp24
12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
To be fair, Lelie shouldn't have been a dumbass holding out thinking he was a #1 WR. We could've had an awesome WR core if he would've accepted his role of a #2.
Him and Marshall would've been awesome.

Shotgun Willie
12-20-2011, 09:53 AM
When McD first arrived in Denver, as a joke Xanders told him that the new Mile High went East/West instead of North/South. That's why he ultimately went with Maroney.

Oddly enough, I heard that he used that same logic when he drafted Moreno.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
To be fair, Lelie shouldn't have been a dumbass holding out thinking he was a #1 WR. We could've had an awesome WR core if he would've accepted his role of a #2.

he was done the day someone said on the day of the draft that he has the ability to "run routes like Jerry Rice

talk about blowing somebody's head up with some hot air

jhns
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM

He thought he would be the third receiver behind Walker and Marshall. It was a terrible decision on his part though.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-20-2011, 09:58 AM
remember the catch Lelie made against the Raiders?

according to some on the board this would mean:

a) I think we should have kept Lelie and have him on the roster today
b) I still regret the firing of Shanny because I liked Lelie
c) I shouldn't be able to watch this year's wide recievers because I still miss Lelie
d) I'm retarded
e) I have a pro-Hawaii agenda and hate the Broncos today
f) I think Lelie is better than Decker

Ask some more rhetorical questions that defend the worst coach in franchise history.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Ask some more rhetorical questions that defend the worst coach in franchise history.

for an intelligent person, I'm not sure if you are using the word rhetorical correctly....

jhns
12-20-2011, 10:37 AM
for an intelligent person, I'm not sure if you are using the word rhetorical correctly....

Why don't you explain your point then? You keep claiming everyone has it wrong. Why did you post that in this thread?

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Why don't you explain your point then? You keep claiming everyone has it wrong. Why did you post that in this thread?

the entire thread was about the mistake the team/McDaniels made in taking a guy like Maroney over Lynch

It brought to mind an article I read the other day in which the author tried to give McDaniels some credit for the teams "turnaround" this year.

Didn't think it deserved its own thread...found it interesting and relevant. That was all

jhns
12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
the entire thread was about the mistake the team/McDaniels made in taking a guy like Maroney over Lynch

It brought to mind an article I read the other day in which the author tried to give McDaniels some credit for the teams "turnaround" this year.

Didn't think it deserved its own thread...found it interesting and relevant. That was all

So you are just retarded. Got it.

McFans make me want to puke.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 10:49 AM
So you are just retarded. Got it.

McFans make me want to puke.

haha....good analysis as always right there. You can resume combing your McDaniels hair doll now

jhns
12-20-2011, 10:50 AM
haha....good analysis as always right there. You can resume combing your McDaniels hair doll now

Says the McFan.

Are you ever going to get over him? Why aren't you on the Rams board?

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Says the McFan.

Are you ever going to get over him? Why aren't you on the Rams board?

I haven't said a word about the organization's decision since the day he drove off the lot. That's why I'm a fan of the Broncos and not an individual player or coach. Did I think Fox was the best fit? Maybe not. Did I decide to root for him anyway. Of course.

Don't worry...there are a bunch of people on here with undying vendettas against former players and coaches (Griese, Plummer, Roc Alexander, Phillips, Reeves, etc....). So you aren't the only one who is a bit obsessive. You just happen to be the most obnoxious

Pontius Pirate
12-20-2011, 11:24 AM
It wasn't until about half-way through this season until Lynch started tearing it up. He was dumped by Buffalo in favor of Fred Mutheffin Jackson and Lynch started off pretty poorly in Seattle, around the time this supposed decision should've been made.

Hindsight is 20-20.

I got Lynch and Decker traded to me this year in FF for DeSean half-way through the season.

jhns
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
I haven't said a word about the organization's decision since the day he drove off the lot. That's why I'm a fan of the Broncos and not an individual player or coach. Did I think Fox was the best fit? Maybe not. Did I decide to root for him anyway. Of course.

Don't worry...there are a bunch of people on here with undying vendettas against former players and coaches (Griese, Plummer, Roc Alexander, Phillips, Reeves, etc....). So you aren't the only one who is a bit obsessive. You just happen to be the most obnoxious

No, you just defend him every chance you get. You post about articles that you think are interesting, in threads that have nothing to do with said articles. The article happens to be defending McDaniels as you call it a good one. You then claim you aren't still defending him.

You have defended him for almost three years now. You defended him the entire time that he was driving this franchise into the ground.

You'll move on someday. You McFans have to be realizing how retarded you are as he can't even make it as a coordinator...

Shotgun Willie
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM
It wasn't until about half-way through this season until Lynch started tearing it up. He was dumped by Buffalo in favor of Fred Mutheffin Jackson

No, he was dumped because they just spent a top 10 first round draft pick on CJ Spiller, who lit it up in the preseason that year and took the #1 job (while Lynch was hurt on the bench, I might add). Fred Jackson didn't have much to do with it really.

vancejohnson82
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
No, you just defend him every chance you get. You post about articles that you think are interesting, in threads that have nothing to do with said articles. The article happens to be defending McDaniels as you call it a good one. You then claim you aren't still defending him.

You have defended him for almost three years now. You defended him the entire time that he was driving this franchise into the ground.

You'll move on someday. You McFans have to be realizing how retarded you are as he can't even make it as a coordinator...

again....basing your post on absolutely nothing of substance. The article doesn't "defend" McDaniels, nor did I say it was a "good one." This thread is about us picking up Maroney over Lynch, which is a highly questionable/forgettable decision we made, which correlates almost perfectly with an article about how McDaniels left us with some decent stuff to work with as well as some trash. But, hey, you're right....the two have NOTHING in common with each other.

There's a reason you have the same respect as a wet fart in this place.

jhns
12-20-2011, 12:03 PM
the two have NOTHING in common with each other.

There's a reason you have the same respect as a wet fart in this place.

At least you are starting to get it.

You don't respect wet farts? I'd hate to see the messes you make...

jhns
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM

I liked the guy

Which is exactly why you are treated this way.

TheChamp24
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
It wasn't until about half-way through this season until Lynch started tearing it up. He was dumped by Buffalo in favor of Fred Mutheffin Jackson and Lynch started off pretty poorly in Seattle, around the time this supposed decision should've been made.

Hindsight is 20-20.

I got Lynch and Decker traded to me this year in FF for DeSean half-way through the season.

The point was how freakin stupid the trade for Maroney was. He was going to be cut by the Pats, and never did jack squat in the league, but he gave up a 4th to get him and a 6th when we could've just sent a 4th and 6th to Buffalo for a RB worth a damn.

TheReverend
12-20-2011, 12:22 PM

If it weren't for him, we'd be behind in aerospace and genetic research and our leader would be frownie.

Am I doin it right?

TonyR
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
You'll move on someday...

But will you? No 5 posters combined comment on this topic more than you.

Pontius Pirate
12-20-2011, 01:25 PM
No, he was dumped because they just spent a top 10 first round draft pick on CJ Spiller, who lit it up in the preseason that year and took the #1 job (while Lynch was hurt on the bench, I might add). Fred Jackson didn't have much to do with it really.

Okay so he was dumped for someone else. He was still dumped and then proceeded to take a dump in Seattle until half-way through this season.

jhns
12-20-2011, 01:38 PM
But will you?

Nope. I don't need to. I have always been on the right side. My side represents all that is good in.the world. The McFan side is evil.

Popps
12-20-2011, 01:56 PM
http://wsuent.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ed-reed.jpeg