PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kuper & Orlando Franklin. Lets give them their props!

KevinJames
12-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Chris Kuper & Orlando Franklin

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site51/2011/0907/20110907_071351_Deportes_Orlando%20Franklin.jpg

Is there a better right side of an offensive line in football?

I think Franklin has been a great draft pick and he has been a beast. I think people may even be underrating him.

and Kuper is a top 5 guard in the NFL by far.

KO5K
12-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Love the effort Franklin puts in and how enthusiastic he always seems to be.

Look at who the first person to celebrate a Tebow touchdown is or pick Tebow up off the floor after a run, always Franklin.

McDman
12-20-2011, 06:12 AM
A better right side in football? Seriously?

Every guy on our line has a negative grade.

barryr
12-20-2011, 06:15 AM
I think Franklin has done a good job as a rookie for sure. I am starting to wonder if he would be better off at LG to replace Beadles though not so much because Franklin isn't doing well at tackle, but he size and strength would be nice to have inside and Beadles is hardly consistent to say the least. Beadles right now is the weak link and Clady is not always playing well either.

Elway 4 Life
12-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Chris Kuper & Orlando Franklin

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site51/2011/0907/20110907_071351_Deportes_Orlando%20Franklin.jpg

Is there a better right side of an offensive line in football in the running game? I think Franklin has been a great draft pick and he has been a beast. I think people may even be underrating him.

and Kuper is a top 5 guard in the NFL by far.

I fixed it for you. this statement you could argue and win but Franklin in pass protection is still way to inconsistent.

TheReverend
12-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Is there a better right side of an offensive line in football?

Most them?

jhns
12-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Franklin has not been good against the pass. He is a rookie, so I'm not saying he is bad or anything. Just reality.

SleepingTiger
12-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Is it just me or does Franklin's helmet look 5 sizes too small?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Decent vet + frequently struggling rookie = crazy awesome.

OrangeCrush2724
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Its all about the "U"

Hulamau
12-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Is it just me or does Franklin's helmet look 5 sizes too small?

It's sprayed on :sunshine:

Crushaholic
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
The offensive line has been very good. Tebow doesn't have the quickest of releases, so the offensive line has to hold their blocks longer...

rovolution
12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
run blocking? yes

pass protection? ProFootballFocus.com has consistently ranked Orlando as one of the worst pass protecting tackles in the league.

Like others have suggested, Id love to see him at LG over Beadles and then draft a more athletic RT for the pass pro game.

Inkana7
12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
stop referencing PFF

McDman
12-20-2011, 11:56 AM
stop referencing PFF

Do you know more about football than them? Can you give us a better breakdown?

TheReverend
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Do you know more about football than them? Can you give us a better breakdown?

Yes and yes

McDman
12-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes and yes

Well, until someone here watches tape specifically for the o-line and comes up with a grading system I guess we'll have to go by what they say.

KevinJames
12-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Can't believe you guys... do you watch the games?

Our o-line does a pretty good job, and in this case I am talking about the right side which is doing a great job.

Pass protection is bad? how? Until Tim learns how to get rid of the ball quicker how can you grade them negative?

Oh and we only have the most 10+ yard runs to the right of any team in football, and forget about that use your eyes the OL is an easy thing to grade....

Jetmeck
12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Can't believe you guys, do you watch the games? Our o-line does a good job, and in this case I am talking about the right side which is doing a great job.

Pass protection is bad? LOL really how?

Oh and real only have the most 10+ yard runs to the right of any team in football, and forget about that use your eyes the OL is an easy thing to grade....

Pass protection is bad when your QB has the opposing defenders draped all over your qb time and time again.

They may be all that at run blocking but they suck at pass protection...................

KevinJames
12-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Pass protection is bad when your QB has the opposing defenders draped all over your qb time and time again.

They may be all that at run blocking but they suck at pass protection...................

The Broncos OL has only allowed 57 QB hits which ranks 6th in protecting the QB from taking a hit which is pretty decent if not good.

Tim has to get rid of the ball quicker in some situations period.

Jetmeck
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
The Broncos OL has only allowed 57 QB hits which ranks 6th in protecting the QB from taking a hit which is pretty decent if not good.

Tim has to get rid of the ball quicker in some situations period.

Luv it when people don't think before they type. TT's mobility is saving their ass..................

KevinJames
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Luv it when people don't think before they type. TT's mobility is saving their ass..................

Yeah his mobility is great but are we going to act like Tim hasn't took more sacks because he can't fully read defenses yet or doesn't want to make mistakes?

What about those times where TT sits in the pocket for ever just to ignore his check down and scrambles around in the backfield only to miss an open WR or RB.

I like Tim as much as the next guy but lets not **** on the o-line for no reason.....

Jetmeck
12-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah his mobility is great but are we going to act like Tim hasn't took more sacks because he can't fully read defenses yet or doesn't want to make mistakes?

What about those times where TT sits in the pocket for ever just to ignore his check down and scrambles around in the backfield only to miss an open WR or RB.

I like Tim as much as the next guy but lets not **** on the o-line for no reason.....

and when the pocket sloth was taking those same sacks can we not agree it must be the line ???????????//

Inkana7
12-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Orton's Sack Percentage with Denver is 5.5%, Tebow's is 10.9%

db56
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

Agreed. Tebow doesnt want to make a mistake and is still trying to get comfortable reading coverages and trusting his eyes. He holds on to the ball too long and fades back and scrambles because he feels more comfortable making those king of plays.

I'm not saying our line is filled with great pass blockers, but Imo they are above average and have shown improvement every week...

Jetmeck
12-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Orton's Sack Percentage with Denver is 5.5%, Tebow's is 10.9%

So you would rather have Orton back ?

Come on they can't anchor and hold their ground for chit when
it matters and you know it !

Crushaholic
12-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Tebow has more intangibles than Orton (with his feet), but Orton was able to get it to his receivers, better. I will say that the offensive line has improved, when Tebow took over. If we combine Orton with Tebow, we'll have one hell of a quarterback...

tsiguy96
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes and yes

ive seen you reference PFF to support your own arguments here. they watch every play from every player on the team and grade accordingly. cant say what they do isnt credible.

Rascal
12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Militia is throwing feeces at this thread.