PDA

View Full Version : Oh sh@t here comes the 2nd quarter.

Quoydogs
12-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I have to admit I don't feel as bad as I thought I would today. It was a group effort loss. It sucks, but it happened. Take away those 3 fumbles or the 2nd quarter and we had a real chance at winning the game. Bring on the Playoffs !! It's gonna feel real good.

Go Broncos.

Broncbow
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
John Fox has yet to win a second quarter against his opponent this season. Guy is horrible at making adjustments. He plays into the opponents hand this is what really makes Fox a horrible head coach.

lolcopter
12-19-2011, 09:12 AM
John Fox has yet to win a second quarter against his opponent this season. Guy is horrible at making adjustments. He plays into the opponents hand this is what really makes Fox a horrible head coach.

Fox didn't fumble the ball on back to back possessions

And we did light up the patsies for the most rush yards EVER against billicheat in the 1st quarter so something was working

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Take away those 3 fumbles or the 2nd quarter and we had a real chance at winning the game.

And you can take away the last 2 minutes of regulation and we have only two wins this year.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Fox didn't fumble the ball on back to back possessions

And we did light up the patsies for the most rush yards EVER against billicheat in the 1st quarter so something was working

We ran for 160+ yards in the first quarter, having Fox and McCoy call rushing plays in the second isn't on them. You're exactly right, they didn't fumble the ball.

Also to the OP. Thank You. Finally a positive thread focused on us making the playoffs, which we undoubtedly will. I'm sick of hearing this "Orton coming back to haunt us" crap.

Mountain Bronco
12-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I surprisingly feel pretty good after this loss. Without the takeaways we didn't play that bad and I think we can hang with teams like the Pats. I am a little concerned with the lack of a pass rush yesterday though.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
I surprisingly feel pretty good after this loss. Without the takeaways we didn't play that bad and I think we can hang with teams like the Pats. I am a little concerned with the lack of a pass rush yesterday though.

This.

I hope this gets recognized, rushing three against Brady for the most part? They line up 5 and Doom nearly decapitates Brady.

broncosteven
12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Any long time Bronco fan would remember a similar painful 2nd quarter during a much bigger game.

I wonder if the noob's and Gator fans know which game I am talking about?

Quoydogs
12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
This.

I hope this gets recognized, rushing three against Brady for the most part? They line up 5 and Doom nearly decapitates Brady.

We got burnt once right at the first and then totally abandoned the Blitz. I hope that does not continue. We sure looked better when we were.

jmz313
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Any long time Bronco fan would remember a similar painful 2nd quarter during a much bigger game.

Similar painful? No 2Q is as painful as XXII.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:20 AM

2005 AFC Divisional game against Pittsburgh?

bronco militia
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM

yeah...

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Was not familiar with this game so had to Google it. Good one. To be fair I was two at the time of that game so I don't remember it at all.

Pontius Pirate
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
John Fox one time ran 28 yds backwards for a loss/sack. True story.

Jay3
12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
The one I hate the most is the Tebow fumble. Lance Ball's was bad, but his overall talent level is the limiting factor. But Tebow's was avoidable. You see a guy flash in the backfield, you've got to do better than let him have a turnover just by doing a karate chop.

It will come with more experience, but that one was the dagger.

Taco John
12-19-2011, 10:48 AM

You easily have the worst takes from day to day on this forum. Ever since this account was registered, I'm floored at the consistency of how bad your takes are. You're like the Lance Armstrong of terrible takes.

Jason in LA
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
If the Broncos don't turn the ball over three teams that quarter and they are right in that game in the 2nd half. Maybe they win, maybe the lose, but they would have been right there with a chance to win instead of playing catch up.

Being down by 10 points against middle of the road teams is one thing, but being down 18 to one of the best teams in the league is not good.

Taco John
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
If the Broncos don't turn the ball over three teams that quarter and they are right in that game in the 2nd half. Maybe they win, maybe the lose, but they would have been right there with a chance to win instead of playing catch up.

Being down by 10 points against middle of the road teams is one thing, but being down 18 to one of the best teams in the league is not good.

Yep. I was disappointed, however, in the defense. They just couldn't make a stop for anything. That said, they were on the field a LOOOOOONG time. That was just a rough game all around. The mental mistakes killed us, as well as the turnovers. Hopefully they get them worked out of their system going into this next stretch.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Yep. I was disappointed, however, in the defense. They just couldn't make a stop for anything. That said, they were on the field a LOOOOOONG time. That was just a rough game all around. The mental mistakes killed us, as well as the turnovers. Hopefully they get them worked out of their system going into this next stretch.

Turnovers were huge, cost us 17 points. Even if we don't score on those drives, if we don't concede those points we go into the locker room with a nine point lead.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM

how are fumbles Fox's fault? the turnovers that resulted in extra possessions and points for the Pats is what ended Denver's chances. not Fox.

broncosteven
12-19-2011, 11:25 AM
2005 AFC Divisional game against Pittsburgh?

JMZ got it. The 2005 game was painful too but not the one I meant.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 11:37 AM
JMZ got it. The 2005 game was painful too but not the one I meant.

Yeah the other one was a little too early in my life to remember. That Steelers game, especially with us being so favored after beating the Pats, has always chafed.

WolfpackGuy
12-19-2011, 11:45 AM

Their tackles did a good job of steering the edge rushers around Brady.

With the problems in the defensive backfield, I'm surprised they didn't gamble with the blitz more to try and press the issue.

barryr
12-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Against good passing attacks, I don't think dropping more and playing more for coverage and not going hard after the QB works very often.

ClamChowdah
12-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Take away the other teams mistakes and you have a good chance of losing the last 8 games, welcome to the National Football League.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Take away the other teams mistakes and you have a good chance of losing the last 8 games, welcome to the National Football League.

The Troll is back!!!!!!!!!!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM

What a retarded statement. The same can be said for pretty much every single team in every single game

x123z
12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Hated the three man rushes. Brady is too good to give that much time to throw.

x123z
12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Scared my dog when Cosby fumbles the punt.

broncogary
12-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Exactly. The whole thing.