PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather....

bro1ncos
12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Win the division and have a home playoff game versus either the Steelers or Ravens?

or

Win the wildcard and have a road playoff game against (most likely) Houston?

MileHighMagic
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Win the division!

Spider
home and take on one of the Big boys .... gonna be the best gotta beat the best

LetsGoBroncos
Win the division and have a home playoff game versus either the Steelers or Ravens?

or

Win the wildcard and have a road playoff game against (most likely) Houston?

I asked the same question yesterday. It's tough, the easier game would no doubt be @ Houston but it sucks that we would be on the road and not be division champs

rbackfactory80
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Division and Baltimore. We match up well I think.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-19-2011, 08:53 AM
id rather just get into the playoffs.

We've all watched enough broncos historic collapses over the past few years. It'd be nice to actually get in for once.

55CrushEm
12-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Yup.....I'm glad Baltimore lost.....because now they will likely be the 5 seed. Not that either game will be easy.....but based on what I saw last night....Baltimore is an easier team to beat than Pitt.

Baltimore's defense got shredded.....which shocked the hell out of me. And Flacco sucks.

OABB
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
facing Baltimore has always turned out well for us.

lolcopter
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Flacco blows, bring it on

Dedhed
12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Win the division. Both for the sake of pride, and to give the fans in Denver another game.

I actually think we match up really well with the Steelers and Ravens.

Kid A
12-19-2011, 08:57 AM
First Division title in over half a decade. Home game. Baltimore team that has looked vulnerable on the road.

Also, would take some pretty wacky scenarios for us to both lose the division AND have a good enough record for the WC.

OABB
12-19-2011, 08:57 AM

We've all watched enough broncos historic collapses over the past few years. It'd be nice to actually get in for once.

This. I was only bummed about the game yesterday because it reminded me of all those "must win to get in losses" again. If this was week 6 I would have felt ok about yesterday. Now, a collapse is in my mind. It sucks.

rbackfactory80
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I am more afraid of an ultra-conservative approach by Fox and Co during a playoff run than by any team.

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
The Broncos for whatever reason have largely sucked at home the last few years. This year, they're 3-4 at home and 5-2 on the road.

Gimme the road game.

ScottXray
12-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Division win all the way...I think we can take the Ravens in Denver, but on the road ( even though most of our wins were road games) in the Playoffs is different. We don't have enough of a traveling fan base to take over other stadiums ( tebow buys some though) , and we are a young inexperienced team.

MileHighMagic
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Why am I so terrified that we will blow this thing? Orton axing us will haunt me. I don't think I could handle the long off season.

OABB
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Why am I so terrified that we will blow this thing? Orton axing us will haunt me. I don't think I could handle the long off season.

Because it has happened before. It's why I hated Cutler. It's why I was ready for Shanny to go. It's why I hated Orton and Mcd. We start ok and then can't stand up to the pressure or get a single ****ing win to get in.

I swore it be different now with a QB who steppes up in crunch time. If Tebow and Fox stumble in these next two games, I will become a cutter. i won't recover.

Turd_Ferguson
12-19-2011, 09:19 AM
I want them to beat the Ravens I heard Flacco whining that Tebow is getting to much media attention. . . Sorry they aren't devoting more air time to how much you suck Flacco, you unibrowed POS.

Tombstone RJ
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
This team is better on the road than at home and I'd be ok with a wildcard birth and all road games in the playoffs.

This team bites ass at home.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-19-2011, 10:20 AM

Because we've epically blown it often over the past few years

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Home Game and I'd prefer Ravens or Pitt. Ravens are so hot and cold and seem to play like **** on the road (Jags, Seahawks, last night). That being said, whoever said "to be the best, you have to beat the best" is bang on.

BroncoBen
12-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Play a home game in Denver.. maybe the home crowd plays a part in the game.. crowd noise.
Not to mention to a little Mile High 5280 Altitude.

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Play a home game in Denver.. maybe the home crowd plays a part in the game.. crowd noise.
Not to mention to a little Mile High 5280 Altitude.

Look at our home record over the last few years. There's been no mile high altitude advantage.

And pray it's not against Pittsburgh or you won't even have the crowd on your side.

BroncoBen
12-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Look at our home record over the last few years. There's been no mile high altitude advantage.

And pray it's not against Pittsburgh or you won't even have the crowd on your side.

That is true... how these Steelers fans get ahold of tickets is beyone me.. I guess Money does talk.

jonny1
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I asked the same question yesterday. It's tough, the easier game would no doubt be @ Houston but it sucks that we would be on the road and not be division champs

Houston is the #2 defense in the league.

Pick Six
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
We have to win the division. I wouldn't be able to stand it if the Raiduhs or the Chefs win the thing...

Besides, let's say we get Houston. It's a winnable game, but we aren't equipped to go all the way (this year). Let's, at least, win SOMETHING (the AFC Worst)...

Spider
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
can you imagine the rush of locking horns with the steelers and beating em ? were not to far off from doing that

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 10:42 AM
can you imagine the rush of locking horns with the steelers and beating em ? were not to far off from doing that

Especially if you base it on the most recent evidence, their game last week against the Browns.

Spider
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Especially if you base it on the most recent evidence, their game last week against the Browns.

;D that too , but we could have beat the pats , we screwed ourselfs more then the pats did ..... Tebow will be bad ass with a full training camp , I think of this season as Tebow and the Broncos serving Notice to the rest of the NFL ......Were back biatches ;D

maher_tyler
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Winning the Division..either way, we'll eventually have to play the tough teams anyway...

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Houston is the #2 defense in the league.

How many top 10 offenses have they faced? Any?

Edit: just looked it up and Houston has only faced two top 10 offenses:

Saints: and the Texans lost, giving up 40 pts
Panthers: and the Texans lost, giving up 28 pts

The rest of the offenses they faced are ranked:

11th, 12th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 29th, 31st, 32nd, 32nd

Powderaddict
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
It's the playoffs, every team is a good team.

Give me the home game.

McDman
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
At first I thought the road game but I think we can beat the Ravens. They're not good on the road and Flacco under pressure is garbage. Although. Not sure how our O would go up against their D.

I think we can beat anyone except a team with an elite QB... Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc...

Our O probably can't hang with them and they will destroy our secondary.

broncosteven
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
I am more afraid of an ultra-conservative approach by Fox and Co during a playoff run than by any team.

That approach is what has got us into the division lead.

Vine
12-19-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't think winning the wildcard is more likely than winning the division at this point...

Kid A
12-19-2011, 11:07 AM
What is this whole "we're terrible at home" storyline?

Under Orton: 2 losses at home, 2 losses on the road. Only win was at home (Bengals).

Under Tebow: Only 2 losses were at home, but those were also by far the 2 best teams/offenses we played.

Yes, this team has played great on the road, sweeping the division, etc. But outside difference in opposition, not seeing much reason to think we're really a better team outside Mile High.

Vine
12-19-2011, 11:07 AM
That approach is what has got us into the division lead.

No. Tebow's heroics and defense are what got us the division lead.

jonny1
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
How many top 10 offenses have they faced? Any?

Edit: just looked it up and Houston has only faced two top 10 offenses:

Saints: and the Texans lost, giving up 40 pts
Panthers: and the Texans lost, giving up 28 pts

The rest of the offenses they faced are ranked:

11th, 12th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 29th, 31st, 32nd, 32nd

Pittsburgh have faced two top ten offenses, NE (#2) and Houston (#10), the rest:

#15, 17, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 31, and 32

So pretty much a wash, wouldn't you say?

All I'm saying is that going to Houston isn't the walk in the park some people seem to think it would be.

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
What is this whole "we're terrible at home" storyline?

Under Orton: 2 losses at home, 2 losses on the road. Only win was at home (Bengals).

Under Tebow: Only 2 losses were at home, but those were also by far the 2 best teams/offenses we played.

Yes, this team has played great on the road, sweeping the division, etc. But outside difference in opposition, not seeing much reason to think we're really a better team outside Mile High.

Well, if you really want to separate the Orton starts vs the Tebow starts.....all that matters to me is that under Tebow, we're 5-0 on the road and 2-2 at home. I'd bet the house that it will soon be 6-0 on the road.

And I'm not sure I'd say Detroit is better than SD "by far". In fact, their offense is actually ranked lower.

Shotgun Willie
12-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Pittsburgh have faced two top ten offenses, NE (#2) and Houston (#10), the rest:

#15, 17, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 31, and 32

So pretty much a wash, wouldn't you say?

Yup, but nowhere did I make an argument about the strength of their defense, so I'm not sure what the point is there. All I did was provide context for the Texans lofty ranking.

All I'm saying is that going to Houston isn't the walk in the park some people seem to think it would be.

Nobody is making it out to be a walk in the park. Look at the poll results: 90% in favor of NOT going to Houston! None of the 4 voting in favor of Houston are calling it an easy win. We're just saying that it might be a more favorable matchup to the Broncos, who in recent history have sucked big time against both Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

OrangeSe7en
12-19-2011, 12:05 PM

This is where I'm at. It's tempting to calculate our best chances to make noise in the post season based on the likely opponents. But then you think about what you've said and also it's worth considering that we have a fairly young team (with old mixed in) and I'd kind of also like to win the division as it feels more of a validation of 16 games, whereas, wanting the wildcard is purely focused on what is perceived to be a weaker opponent. And in the end, winning the division most assuredly gets you in.

OrangeSe7en
12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
At first I thought the road game but I think we can beat the Ravens. They're not good when they fly out west and Flacco under pressure is garbage. Although. Not sure how our O would go up against their D.

I think we can beat anyone except a team with an elite QB... Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc...

Our O probably can't hang with them and they will destroy our secondary.

fixed. Hopefully there's no jinxing going on by pointing out something that should be obvious.

Ratboy
12-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Division and Baltimore. We match up well I think.

Bingo.

mkporter
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll take the home game, and give Pat some extra $$$. Maybe he'll spend part of it on more talent for next year.

vonqkilla
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I definitely want to go to Houston because I want to win a playoff game. Baltimore would beat Oakland and then play pitts/ne. Alot depends on tonite.

Playoff football is all about the qb, and we would throttle the one dimensional Texans.

Cant understand anyone choosing Flacco over TJ Yates...

Say what you want, Bmores wrs killed him last year. Just dropped balls blatantly. They should have been in the afc championship game and beaten NY.

OrangeSe7en
12-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I definitely want to go to Houston because I want to win a playoff game. Baltimore would beat Oakland and then play pitts/ne. Alot depends on tonite.

Playoff football is all about the qb, and we would throttle the one dimensional Texans.

Cant understand anyone choosing Flacco over TJ Yates...

Say what you want, Bmores wrs killed him last year. Just dropped balls blatantly. They should have been in the playoffs.

So, Flacco and Sanchez are better than Tom Brady?

Lycan
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I want the division and the Ravens.

I am fully confident that we can beat Flacco and the rest, not saying we would, just that we can.

Rolandftw
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Win the division. If we don't win the division, that means we lost to Kyle freaking Orton AT HOME. Seems like a no brainer to me.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
I want the division and the Ravens.

I am fully confident that we can beat Flacco and the rest, not saying we would, just that we can.

If we bring our A game, we can beat the Ravens at either stadium, in any weather conditions, in any round of the playoffs.

That being said, let's do it at home. It's been long enough with no playoffs for the Broncos, so let's do it in front of the best fans in the league.

Old Dude
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Best scenario for Denver would be to beat Buffalo while the Raiders lose, thereby clinching the AFC West with a week to go. The final KC game would then be meaningless, since we'd be locked into the 4th seed.

The Broncos could rest a few of their banged-up vets, such as McGahee, Bunkley, Goodman & Dawkins and anyone else who's playing hurt, while getting some more game experience for the youngsters, including Tebow.

The playoffs are still three weeks away, and injuries could have a radical impact on almost any team. Even if you assume that Baltimore and Pittsburgh are better than Houston at the moment (and I'm not so sure of that) it could change in a flash.

oubronco
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Win the Division and play whoever's next

houghtam
12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't agree with the macho BS of "you have to beat the best to be the best". Years from now, no one cares who you played to get to the Super Bowl, just that you won it. There's no asterisk that goes next to your name if you beat sub par competition, and I'm sure if you ask the players, each victory smells just as sweet. I want the easiest road to the Super Bowl possible.

That said, I'm for the home game against the Ravens, regardless of how we've performed against them in the past. In a home game against the Steelers I'm betting we'd have more Steeler fans in the stadium than Broncos fans. A road game against a team whose fans have never seen a playoff game is not something I want either, regardless of how good or bad I think that team is.

Either way, as the 4 seed it's looking increasingly likely that we'd have to travel to NE the next week. Not a great prospect but it is what it is.

Here's hoping for a Ravens at Broncos first round, Broncos at Texans second round, and Broncos at Steelers or Patriots Championship Game.

errand
12-19-2011, 07:44 PM
This team is better on the road than at home and I'd be ok with a wildcard birth and all road games in the playoffs.

This team bites ass at home.

I thought about our road vs. home record right after I voted for division title....but I just think that we deserve a home playoff game

Shotgun Willie
12-20-2011, 07:39 AM
It's been long enough with no playoffs for the Broncos, so let's do it in front of the best fans in the league.

I know, technically, Lambeau Field would be available for a game that weekend, but I don't think the league would allow it.

Spider
12-20-2011, 07:45 AM
I know, technically, Lambeau Field would be available for a game that weekend, but I don't think the league would allow it.

ouch .......

Broncbow
12-23-2011, 12:18 PM
QUOTE:Hervoyel (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88190)

We're looking at 10-6

You gotta know that if we can't beat the Colts with Dan Orlovsky at QB then we're not going to be able to beat Tennessee next week. What's worse is we're not going to win a playoff game either.

It's been fun pretending for the last four weeks that we were going to be fine but the truth is that the moment Schaub went down any chance that we were going to remain effective on offense went out the window. Leinart was the slim hope that a miracle might happen but once he went down too even that was out of the question.

AJ going down with the second hamstring was like the exclamation point on the end of that.

Brisiel getting hurt was the "WHAT PART OF SHOW'S OVER DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" that followed the exclamation point.

Yates isn't ready and may never be. Kubiak doesn't trust him and probably wouldn't be ready to give him any real latitude with the offense in three years much less three weeks. Delhomme and Garcia don't know the offense well enough and Kubiak won't trust them either. In short we don't have a QB.

At WR we've got nobody after Andre Johnson. OK, so Kevin Walter actually belongs on an NFL roster but past him they're all camp scrubs. None of them can get open regularly and Jacoby is ****ing useless. Even if we did have a QB we don't have a credible receiving threat.

No, Owen Daniels isn't a credible receiving threat. At least not one that's difficult to defense.

Our vaunted offensive line is thin. Even our starters are kind of overrated. When Brisiel went down we all secretly hoped that it was an opportunity for Caldwell to get a shot and prove what a steal he was. That didn't happen. He's pathetic and if he's an example of the depth we have on the line we got another need position come draft time.

Frankly once you take away our QB, our All Pro WR, Mario, and Wade Phillips we aren't even as good as the 6-10 2010 Texans.

This season was progress and it was fun but it's over now and reality has reasserted itself. We're getting run by losing teams and going to back into the playoffs. Maybe we won't slide back to 6-10 or 7-9 again next year. Maybe we'll get these players back and take another step forward. One things certain though. As we are today we're done...

We ran the ball well last night but clearly Kubiak got spooked with all the turnovers Yates had against Carolina and he's reigned him in considerably. With no credible passing threat our offense can't finish drives and our scoring is down. This puts the defense in a vulnerable position.

Texans fan is pretty bummed

EVOLVIST:
This is reality: The Texans, in their first playoff birth, have broken another NFL record, in reverse: The Texans became the only 10 win team to ever lose to a 1 win team.

chicagotexan2;
I am embarrassed that we lost. But the reality is this team in serious trouble and even though the defense is very good the offense is average at best. I see one and done in the playoffs. All things considered I would not be as dissapointed with the inevitable with all the wheels coming off.

Dedhed
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM

I could not disagree more.