PDA

View Full Version : Drew Litton's take on the Broncos Pats Game.

Bronco Rob
12-19-2011, 04:36 AM

NUB
12-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Too dramatic.

Denver has a good shot of winning that game if the 2nd quarter isn't as apocalyptic and self-destructive as it was.

Powderaddict
12-19-2011, 06:15 AM
The Patriots made less.mistakes than Denver, and that was the difference.

They also took advantage ofnoir rookie safetys. Denver has made great strides, bit this game showed we still have a ways to go.

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 06:26 AM
They should have had a cartoon of John Fox using Tebow as a scapegoat... Once again Fox takes no responsibility for the the horrible breakdowns on defense.

Teams take on the personality of their coaches. This defense is undisciplined, soft and arrogant, believe it or not. You just can't tell because Fox sacrifices the offense and uses them as a scapegoat to protect his weaknesses on D.

I don't mean to be over dramatic.. this was just one loss.. but this is the issue I have seen all year and I think it will be Fox's and this teams downfall.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 06:39 AM
They should have had a cartoon of John Fox using Tebow as a scapegoat... Once again Fox takes no responsibility for the the horrible breakdowns on defense.

Teams take on the personality of their coaches. This defense is undisciplined, soft and arrogant, believe it or not. You just can't tell because Fox sacrifices the offense and uses them as a scapegoat to protect his weaknesses on D.

I don't mean to be over dramatic.. this was just one loss.. but this is the issue I have seen all year and I think it will be Fox's and this teams downfall.

I hated when Fox knocked the ball out of Tebows hands in the second quarter...that was the worst

DB-Freak
12-19-2011, 07:04 AM

You are delusional.

Jetmeck
12-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I hated when Fox knocked the ball out of Tebows hands in the second quarter...that was the worst

Yeah well I hated seeing multiple Patriots draped all over our qb time and time again.............damn TT what was he thinking ?

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 07:14 AM
You are delusional.

You are naive...

Remember last season when everyone said the problem was defense and the run game and Orton wasn't the problem...

Then this season everything is reversed.. do I need to draw a picture? You really think the defense is that much better? Or are their weaknesses just being hidden? and the defense should be carrying this team.. they have all the talent and experience.. yet they were completely non-existent in this game. And Fox is supposed to be a defensive coach.. he sure isn't an offensive coach. If anything Tebow overcame all of that in these wins.

jhns
12-19-2011, 07:22 AM
This game wasn't that horrible. We will still win the division. I think the team showed it could be competitive with teams like the Pats. They just have to not turn it over multiple times and stop having so many huge penalties. The turnovers are rare for this team, so I'm not that worried about it. The coaching staff needs to do something about the penalties though.

I think we win out and take the division. I also know we can beat some playoff teams. If the Jets or Bengals make it, we can obviously take them. The defensive teams, like the Steelers and Ravens, play our game. I think we can take them as well. It will be the Pats, Saints, and GB that we won't stand much of a chance against. It will take a mistake free game to have a chance against those teams. With the youth on this team, and new front office, that is probably asking too much.

Broncomutt
12-19-2011, 07:25 AM
I love Drew Litton, but not one of his best.

That's not the Broncos. That character in that cartoon is holding on to that newspaper.

edit: Just noticed he didn't hold on to his teeth, so not bad after all.

RhymesayersDU
12-19-2011, 07:36 AM
You are projecting!

rbackfactory80
12-19-2011, 07:42 AM
If we go for it early on 4th and 1 and go up by two scores the entire game changes. Fox needs to take a risk once in a great opponent.

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
The predictable nature of Fox's offensive philosophy is why the Broncos turned over the ball.

Having an ultra predictable offense and trying to keep up with Bellichik's O because of the defensive issues is what caused the turnovers..

rbackfactory80
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
One other thing--how can you let the Patriots receivers run free off the line time-after-time? Punch them in the mouth off the snap. You have no chance if you don't become physical with them off the line.

They essentially turned into the old Colts teams that used to thrash us.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
You are naive...

Remember last season when everyone said the problem was defense and the run game and Orton wasn't the problem...

Then this season everything is reversed.. do I need to draw a picture? You really think the defense is that much better? Or are their weaknesses just being hidden? and the defense should be carrying this team.. they have all the talent and experience.. yet they were completely non-existent in this game. And Fox is supposed to be a defensive coach.. he sure isn't an offensive coach. If anything Tebow overcame all of that in these wins.

hahahahahahaha....you do realize that we fumbled the ball 3 times on our side of the field, right?

but thats on the defense

lolcopter
12-19-2011, 08:11 AM
The predictable nature of Fox's offensive philosophy is why the Broncos turned over the ball.

Having an ultra predictable offense and trying to keep up with Bellichik's O because of the defensive issues is what caused the turnovers..

Both fumbles were fluke plays that nothing whatsoever to do with offensive philosophy

Sometimes the other team just makes plays, which is exactly what happened. It's just unfortunate that it was on back to back possessions

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 08:18 AM
hahahahahahaha....you do realize that we fumbled the ball 3 times on our side of the field, right?

but thats on the defense

It was.. because Fox's offense is so horrible and predictable.. pretty easy to stop the run or force turnovers when you KNOW the offense is running on every down.... especially when their primary runningback is injured and you expect a run offense to keep up with Brady when the defense is like a sieve...

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Both fumbles were fluke plays that nothing whatsoever to do with offensive philosophy

Sometimes the other team just makes plays, which is exactly what happened. It's just unfortunate that it was on back to back possessions

I disagree.. because the Broncos runners including Tebow were so concerned about scoring to keep pace with their non-existent D that it caused the turnover...

Tebow is always forced to try to do superhuman feats to carry this offense.. especially with his line sucking.

Why do you think Orton looked better than last season on the Chiefs?

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
It was.. because Fox's offense is so horrible and predictable.. pretty easy to stop the run or force turnovers when you KNOW the offense is running on every down.... especially when their primary runningback is injured and you expect a run offense to keep up with Brady when the defense is like a sieve...

ehhhh,, you can't turn the ball over and give the Pats 13 free points

also, you have this opinion, but there is another point of view that would say that we got too cute with our playcalling. Reverse passes? Really?

Powderaddict
12-19-2011, 08:24 AM

Yup.

Credit is due to a great Patriots team. Denver made mistakes, and NE capitalized on those mistakes.

I'm disappointed, but not devastated. Buffalo is next, getting a win there is the focus now.

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM

also, you have this opinion, but there is another point of view that would say that we got too cute with our playcalling. Reverse passes? Really?

That's Fox's idea of brilliant offense.. run on every down and then throw in a flea flicker.. It's like 70s football.. Fox is so outdated it's a joke.. and not outdated in a good way because earlier eras of football were much better.

OABB
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Yup.

Credit is due to a great Patriots team. Denver made mistakes, and NE capitalized on those mistakes.

I'm disappointed, but not devastated. Buffalo is next, getting a win there is the focus now.

not vaggy enough for the mane. too solid and without enough tears.

try this "TEBOOOZ RUNS BACKWARDZ IS A BUST!

or

JOHN FOX AND ELWAYS ARE THE EVILZ AND ARE DESTROYING TEBOWZ!

just adjust it depending upon how you feel.

Spider
12-19-2011, 09:22 AM
not vaggy enough for the mane. too solid and without enough tears.

try this "TEBOOOZ RUNS BACKWARDZ IS A BUST!

or

JOHN FOX AND ELWAYS ARE THE EVILZ AND ARE DESTROYING TEBOWZ!

just adjust it depending upon how you feel.
:thumbsup:

milehighJC
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/Foxx_album/tinfoil.jpg

We are still missing the theory that Elway in his all consuming hatred of Tebow has forced Fox to sabotage Tebow, and lose all of the remaining games. Because the AFCW is so bad, Elway and Fox will petition the NFL to declare the Broncos too bad to have won ANY games, and therefore vacate all victories from this year, and therefore be 0-16, and allow the Broncos to draft Luck (now that Indy has won a game).

;D;D

MacGruder
12-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Tin foil hatter witch hunt.. surprise surprise..

Garcia Bronco
12-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Drew Litton is a dirty pole smoker

BroncoBen
12-19-2011, 01:09 PM

And if the the Reverse passed worked ? The play looked like it was intended to go deep.. but Thomas should have had the shorter completion netherless.. it would have been good for 15-20 yards.

milehighJC
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Tin foil hatter witch hunt.. surprise surprise..

Note the smiley faces... it was a joke, maybe not a funny one, but intended a joke in any case.

I've seen on ESPN and read a lot here about those who want to demonize Fox and Elway for not making Tebow look good. I don't buy into those theories, but that's just my opinion. Anyone can believe what they want.

For the record, I like TT a lot, but I'm not a fanatic. I think the kid has come a LONG way in a very short period of time, and has made Broncos football fun to watch again. He also seems to be a GENUINELY good guy - a RARE quality in professional sports these days. But he still has a lot to learn, and IMHO, its not Elway's or Fox's job to make Tebow look good, its to win games. Period.

For my money, the loss yesterday was mostly a function of not getting enough pressure on Brady (very possibly a game planning issue), and 3 late 2nd quarter turnovers that put the Broncos too far behind. Dawk being out didnt help any. But thanks to this organization as a whole (Tebow, an improved defense, improved ST play etc etc), I had NO interest in leaving the game before the clock read 0:00. The place was electric. Its been a long time since that many people stayed that late in a losing game.

Was the Litton piece good? Eh, not one of his best IMHO. But its true that the Broncos still have an excellent shot at the Division, and Im looking forward at a shot at the playoffs again - FINALLY.

Finally - I didnt expect to win that game. The NE offense is a machine. But the Broncos made it fun. I must have watched the hit on Brady 10 times after I got home last night.

jc