PDA

View Full Version : The DOOM sack

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM
This just very well might be my most favorite play of the whole season.

I just LOVED seeing Doom lay into Brady like that, loved the slow mo replay of that, Brady's legs ended up higher than the rest of his body as Brady's back landed on the ground before any other part of his body.

That might be the single most hardest hit on any qb all year.

Immediately, I was looking for yellow on the field, but that was 100% clean, as Doom layed into Brady's midsection, and since Brady still had the ball, no case can be made that it was late. I know the officials really wanted to throw the flag though.

That play should be on every highlight reel for the rest of the season.

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Great hit, nice clean hit, Brady took like a man and shook it off like the greatest quarterback of all time.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Too bad he couldn't jar the ball loose. We really needed to even up the TO differential, and we didn't. I so wish our defense could start forcing turnovers more than once a game...

oubronco
12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I was actually very shocked they didn't throw a flag for helmet to chest hit

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Too bad he couldn't jar the ball loose. We really needed to even up the TO differential, and we didn't. I so wish our defense could start forcing turnovers more than once a game...

It's a fricken miracle that Brady held onto the ball.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM

Why does it matter we have a bad OL. We couldn't have moved the ball if we wanted too.

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Why does it matter we have a bad OL. We couldn't have moved the ball if we wanted too.

And you accuse me of negativity during the Rockies season?

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I must confess in my Tebow hysteria (he can't be measured in stats BTW) that I almost forgot about the doom sack.

It was pretty epic.

Boobs McGee
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
****ing EPIC sack. I'm sure we'll be seeing replays of that one for a while. We need a gif asap!

BowlenBall
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Great hit, nice clean hit, Brady took like a man and shook it off like the greatest quarterback of all time.

He really did -- and congrats to your team on the win. You've got some defensive problems, but that offense is lethal.

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM

we moved the ball , did it well ...Tebow thew like an old Pro , but young team , made some bad mistakes , it happens our defnse doesnt suck , they just didnt hold gap responsibly well , Again a young team ... Dawkins brings alot to the table in that regard

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
And you accuse me of negativity during the Rockies season?

I have always been a Dodgers fan. I don't think I'm who you are thinking about. I know a sportsvine from the ESPN board but I have never posted on the Rockies board man.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM
we moved the ball , did it well ...Tebow thew like an old Pro , but young team , made some bad mistakes , it happens our defnse doesnt suck , they just didnt hold gap responsibly well , Again a young team ... Dawkins brings alot to the table in that regard

Look at the OL call out thread Spider. I know what happened, Tebow fans don't agree with it.

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 05:31 PM
He really did -- and congrats to your team on the win. You've got some defensive problems, but that offense is lethal.

Belichick has become so good he wants to win a Superbowl with no defense at all.

orangenblue
12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
This just very well might be my most favorite play of the whole season.

I just LOVED seeing Doom lay into Brady like that, loved the slow mo replay of that, Brady's legs ended up higher than the rest of his body as Brady's back landed on the ground before any other part of his body.

That might be the single most hardest hit on any qb all year.

Immediately, I was looking for yellow on the field, but that was 100% clean, as Doom layed into Brady's midsection, and since Brady still had the ball, no case can be made that it was late. I know the officials really wanted to throw the flag though.

That play should be on every highlight reel for the rest of the season.

Brady will be pissin blood for sure tonight

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
That sack was nice, but a tomahawk chop leading to a fumble and then followed by pile-driving Brady into the turf would have been even better. IMO.

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I have always been a Dodgers fan. I don't think I'm who you are thinking about. I know a sportsvine from the ESPN board but I have never posted on the Rockies board man.

Oh, ok. Yeah, the guy I am talking about I think is Rockiesfan4life, I think. Still, the Broncos were moving the ball up and down the field when they were putting the ball on the ground. I am surprised you don't think it mattered.

bloodsunday
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Wasn't Brady trying to slide? I swear the refs are afraid to call penalties on them.

hambone13
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Brady will be pissin blood for sure tonight

I don't know that it was that epic. It was a sweet tackle to be sure. However, (and I hate to say it) the announcer was accurate in saying, "sometimes, they're just so perfect that they don't hurt that much----without mentioning names.) That's how the hit affected me. It was beautiful but it was form and not intended to hurt, just to end the play. That element of the play was historic. That's why it will be on NFL films. Because Brady got up, not because the tackle was so purdy.

vonqkilla
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I make that sack, unblocked, he should have punched that ball out... Oh well...

bloodsunday
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I was hoping for a Rulon Jones sack of Tny Eason all over

WolfpackGuy
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised the refs didn't have Dumervil shot right on the field for that hit.

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Refs blew that call, that was clearly Roughing The Brady.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-18-2011, 06:11 PM
where is the gif?? I cant wait to save that one

Tim
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
watching that sack was almost as good as a broncos victory

Dedhed
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
It's a fricken miracle that Brady held onto the ball.

It's also a miracle that there wasn't a penalty on Doom for tackling Brady.

Tim
12-18-2011, 07:06 PM
He had the ball in his hand so I would have been shocked to see a flag but doom's hit on him earlier was a lucky to not draw a flag

Broncoman13
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Watch Brady's eyes when he gets hit.... Big as dinner plates! ;D

mkporter
12-18-2011, 08:23 PM

I think you are right, he did kinda shake it off like Elway.

MplsBronco
12-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Doom needs to go for the ball on that and get the strip sack. The true greats get the strip sack. It was a great hit but he should have made a play on the ball and try to slap it out.

lonestar
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I have never been a huge Doom fan but that one might have made me one..

Clean hit in the gut de-cleated him good.. How he got loose is beyond me. for that matter how Brady got up from that was also a miracle..

there is no doubt that the turn overs made the difference in the game today.. without them it is a much closer game at the half..

I never expected a win against NE as they seem to be the class of the league even without a D..

We did the job in the first quarter kept the ball away from Brady the only way you will beat that team..

BroncoMan4ever
12-18-2011, 09:53 PM

i'm surprised Brady didn't jump up crying for a flag like a bitch after the hit

McDman
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/829219/bradypwn.gif

extralife
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
I mean this hit is going up there with Atwater on Okoye and Big Al on Tyrone Wheatley. little different because it's a QB vs. a guy bracing for a hit and all that but all three are instant highlight decleaters.

wish we would have won this game :(

brady shaking it off like absolutely nothing happened sounds about right. this was just one of those games where Tom ****ing Brady was going to show up

jmz313
12-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Willis had a nice pop on Woodhead as well. Decleated him on PR. Shame the balls didn't come out.

Spider
12-19-2011, 06:51 AM
It was a great hit ... ;) and whats even better is the Oline man did what he is supposed to do , take the inside guy , doom displayed alot of speed on that play ;D

oubronco
12-19-2011, 07:03 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/829219/bradypwn.gif

Helmet to the wrist that had to hurt

Smiling Assassin27
12-19-2011, 07:12 AM

Picked up his maxipad off the field and got right back to work. Props to Tom.