PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's 28 yd backwards run/loss/sack

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
PRICELESS.

You can not measure Tim Tebow in stats, but if you did, that backwards run would be a doozy. I haven't seen a backwards run like that since the first time I played Madden.

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
he should have throw it away ( but didnt)

DB-Freak
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Not really... 4th down and down 10+ points.

Needed to force the hand anyway.

barryr

Wasn't it 4th down?

LRtagger
he needs to learn how to step up in the pocket and quit backpedaling

Lycan
It was 4th down in a game we had no chance in and he was trying to make something happen, it didn't work.

Oh noes.

Ratboy
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
He tried to make a play (good for him), but he should have forced it.

lolcopter
Cool story bro

Pontius Pirate

True. He should've just kept running backwards, Forrest Gump style, until he was out of the building and half-way back to GREENBOW ALABAMA!

Ronnie Tsunami
You give a bad name to Tebow detractors like I still somewhat am.

What teh **** is he supposed to do? None of his guys are open. He can't throw. He can't run, too far.. He is one of 2 players in the league that could pull running that far back off to buy more time and perhaps find someone open upon running forward. Smart decision when the game is lost without a conversion.

bronco militia
someone doesn't like going to church

Archer81
I am completely shocked to see an asshole post after a loss.

Where were you last week?

:Broncos:

Popps
I mean, it was a meaningless play and it amounted to nothing. He was trying to do something other than just lay down and quit.

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:47 PM
PRICELESS.

You can not measure Tim Tebow in stats, but if you did, that backwards run would be a doozy. I haven't seen a backwards run like that since the first time I played Madden.

Do you feel better now? Man, all of this winning must have been killing you.

Armchair Bronco
It was an OK play. It's 4th and a prayer. If he takes a knee, it's game over. If Tebow scrambles and somehow gets away, there's still hope.

I think the play shows just how competitive Tebow is. I have no problem with a 30-yard loss on a desperation play.

OABB
He needs to learn how to go fetal in 4th down. trying to make a play will get you made fun of by a nerd on the interweb.

BroncoBen
PRICELESS.

Yeah.. just trying to make something happen.

broncogary
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM
PRICELESS.

That's what will happen when you try to win. You've gotten too used to Kyle Orton.

rugbythug

Qft

Williams
I mean, it was a meaningless play and it amounted to nothing. He was trying to do something other than just lay down and quit.

This.

Grumps
Yay! I love it when my favorite team screws up and does bad too.

:welcome:

Pontius Pirate
I am completely shocked to see an a-hole post after a loss.

Where were you last week?

Been here all season!

"He was just trying to make a play you guys! What was he supposed to do - it was fourth down and they were losing! You can't fault a guy for trying."

LOL. Okay true dat. Throw the ball out of bounds? THROWING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS IS FOR PAGANS!

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Wasn't it 4th down?

yes so taking a huge loss in yards accomplishes what?

SonOfLe-loLang

He needs to learn a lot of things, but he's young and still fairly raw. He made some nice throws today though...that big one to Thomas on the last TD drive? Pretty sweet.

Archer81
Been here all season!

"He was just trying to make a play you guys! What was he supposed to do - it was fourth down and they were losing! You can't fault a guy for trying."

LOL. Okay true dat. Throw the ball out of bounds? THROWING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS IS FOR PAGANS!

Not that funny man, but whatever floats your boat.

SonOfLe-loLang

What would throwing it away do exactly?

Any chance at winning hinged on that play.

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Tebow has alot to learn , but he is learning fast , main thing is , Tebow doesnt know the word quit , come in handy in the future ......

Pontius Pirate

In my defense, I've been unabashedly bashing. I am not on the Tebow hype train. But then again, I worship satan so, you know....

lolcopter
Been here all season!

WAT

Throw the ball out of bounds on 4th?

Lycan
He needs to learn a lot of things, but he's young and still fairly raw. He made some nice throws today though...that big one to Thomas on the last TD drive? Pretty sweet.

That throw was freaking beautiful, maybe his best as a pro.

DB-Freak

Wow...

Seriously. I'm actually boggled by your post.

Wow..

Agamemnon
I have Pontius on ignore, and seeing him start a thread about something like this reminds me why.

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM

if it was a close Game Tebow throws it away

barryr
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Throwing the ball away on 4th down and losing possession accomplishes nothing and is rather stupid to say the least. What does losing yards matter when you lose the ball? If it is other than 4th down, then yeah, you throw it away, but I can't believe you think he should have thrown the ball away on
4th down. What?

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Yay! I love it when my favorite team screws up and does bad too.

:welcome:

Seriously. Some people just need to be assholes.

DB-Freak
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Wow....

I can't believe what some of these guys are actually posting...

This is unbelievable.

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
WAT

Throw the ball out of bounds on 4th?

Yeah, or just give 28 yards back to the Pats. Or hey here is a novel concept....HAIL MARY BRO! I ASSUME YOU KNOW WHAT A HAIL MARY IS TIM!

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM
There are some mind-bogglingly stupid people on this board. Seriously, it's kind of amazing. If you think Tebow should throw the ball away on a desperation 4th down you should jump off a cliff and save the rest of humanity from your idiocy.

Vine
Any of you criticizing Tebow for this, just ****ing stop. Seriously.

WTF you expect him do, just take a dive, a la Orton?

Seriously, it was 4TH DOWN.

Have you not seen Tebow escape sacks a million times during the season, keep plays alive, and make things happen?

Like the stiff arm DeMarious Thomas touchdown in the Vikings game.

Like the goaline escape near saftey in Miami that Tebow turned into a 30 yard run up the middle for a first down.

Like the escape from a sack to get Denver's first touchdown today.

Like the escape from a near safety earlier in the game only to fumble, pick up his fumble and harmlessly get the ball out of the way.

But yeah, criticize him for playing his heart out, trying his best to extend his magic and see what happens.

****ING LOSERS.

ant1999e
Yeah, or just give 28 yards back to the Pats. Or hey here is a novel concept....HAIL MARY BRO! I ASSUME YOU KNOW WHAT A HAIL MARY IS TIM!

The consensus is you're an idiot.

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
There are some mind-bogglingly stupid people on this board. Seriously, it's kind of amazing. If you think Tebow should throw the ball away on a desperation 4th down you should jump off a cliff and save the rest of humanity from your idiocy.

Yeah petty ****ing sad they make you look sane

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM

The list of QB's who could throw a Hail Mary on the move and rolling out of the pocket is this long.

Elway.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 05:56 PM

So not taking a huge loss and giving up accomplishes what?

Mouth

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 05:56 PM
You realize you will never have a chance to date him, don't you........ don't you?

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
In my defense, I've been unabashedly bashing. I am not on the Tebow hype train. But then again, I worship satan so, you know....

See, I do this crazy thing. I actually pull for the team I follow to suceed. And, what's more - and this is where I go all hippy and new-age - I even like seeing the players do well.

Broncomutt
PRICELESS.

Like to hear your thoughts on the near sack, fumble, incomplete in the endzone?

Truth is you know 9 times out of 10 Tebow makes something positive out of plays like that and it scares you.

Pontius Pirate
I have Pontius on ignore, and seeing him start a thread about something like this reminds me why.

True story guys: Agamemnon challenged my assertion that Alex Smith was statistically better than Tim Tebow by saying (and I quote):

1) You can't compare Tebow to Alex Smith because they are on different teams and therefore your argument is invalid and
2) You can't measure Tebow in stats and therefore your argument is invalid.

So after he gave me those two gems, I kept bringing up YOU CAN'T MEASURE TEBOW IN STATS in all of my posts because it's just so good.

And then I won the internet championship of 2011. True story. Agamemnon ran backwards 28 yards in one of his posts and then it was game over.

Vine
Sorry, didn't see the thread started earlier by Pontius.

lolcopter

Already down by multiple possessions going against an offense we haven't been able to stop all night. Throwing it out of bounds to save 30 yards just lets the pats burn more time off the clock

It was a busted play which had little consequence. If it happened on third down or something I would understand the haterade circle jerk but at the end of the day this play didn't mean ****

OABB
Pontius has just won the war for tebow lovers..the crazy broncbow and macdoucher were starting to tip the scales, but this thread ended it.

tebow lovers ftw. we are way less stupid.

mad about not throwing it away on 4th....any questions?

treaty meeting in my tent in fifteen minutes.

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:58 PM
You realize you will never have a chance to date him, don't you........ don't you?

I am married with a child. Nice try.

SonOfLe-loLang

Mouth

Why do you sign your name with every post?

theAPAOps5
I am married with a child. Nice try.

Still..... you realize you can't date him right?

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 05:59 PM
The list of QB's who could throw a Hail Mary on the move and rolling out of the pocket is this long.

Elway.

It's hard to throw a ball down the field in the direction of the end-zone. It's much easier to keep running backwards for dear life.

This is why I know we are ROCK SOLID with baby jesus at the helm.

broncogary
12-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey,he still has a chance. ;D

Archer81
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
It's hard to throw a ball down the field in the direction of the end-zone. It's much easier to keep running backwards for dear life.

The last six games must have been a nightmare for you.

Poor little doofus.

lolcopter
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Yeah you're a ****ing moron

nvm

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM

Is this really the sword you want to fall on? Really? You can have your doubts about Tim, thats fine and acceptable, but pointing to THIS play as your proof? Dumb.

OABB
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
That touchdown run by tim was retarded. why run right into a defender and than spin backwards? he should throw it in the endzone next time.

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Mmmm. The spin is strong with these young padwans.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Clearly the OL failed him on that play.

lolcopter
12-18-2011, 06:10 PM
It was a dumbass play but the retards acting like it was pivotal in any way is pretty LOL

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Why do you sign your name with every post?

At this point I think it's because it annoys people. I have always done it, and it's funny to me that people still bring it up.

Mouth

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM
At this point I think it's because it annoys people. I have always done it, and it's funny to me that people still bring it up.

Mouth

I was just going to say, keep it up man. You are getting to them!

theAPAOps5

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM

Mouth

haha fair enough.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I was just going to say, keep it up man. You are getting to them!

theAPAOps5

I'll always keep the faith. This is now a sign your post thread because PP is a douche.

Mouth

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I'll always keep the faith. This is now a sign your post thread because PP is a douche.

Mouth

What?

Do you write those emails I get from Africa asking me to help some widow get 5 million out of the country because I sound like upstanding citizen of virtue?

;D

EDIT: This might be the weirdest sentence of all time. Because technically it is correct but it sounds weird when you read it!

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Mouth

huh? i repeat huh?

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
What would throwing it away do exactly?

Any chance at winning hinged on that play.

ummmmmmm the punter??? ummmm field position????

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM

IT WAS 4th DOWN. WE WERE DOWN 18 WITH LIKE 5 MINUTES LEFT. WHAT IS NOT GETTING THROUGH?

DB-Freak
12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
It's a lost cause folk....

lod01
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Teblow sucks and this is prime example #1.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
huh? i repeat huh?

Ok, let me say this again. If TT curls up for a 4 yard loss on 4th and 17 with 5 minutes to play, down by 18, how exactly is that different than taking a 28 yard sack?

Mouth

OABB
12-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Try to make this fair please.. i dont enjoy winning the tebow war when you just lie down like this.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM

8-4 = sucks?

What is 7-31? Championship worthy?

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Ok, let me say this again. If TT curls up for a 4 yard loss on 4th and 17 with 5 minutes to play, down by 18, how exactly is that different than taking a 28 yard sack?

Mouth

Dude, it's like NOT not buying a lottery ticket when the prize is $155 million and then hoping that you can win the lottery!

Now, we all know that the odds of winning are *ALMOST* zero. But they're not exactly zero, are they? No, the odds are just above zero. So, if you want to win the $155 million, you MUST buy a ticket.

Now, if we want to have any chance of a miracle win, Tebow needs to scramble around and hope for something. Maybe a penalty, maybe a miracle. Who knows. But if he falls down, HE FORGOT TO BUY THE DAMN TICKET and therefore he can't win the lottery!

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Try to make this fair please.. i dont enjoy winning the tebow war when you just lie down like this.

Seriously. I mean it's not as if he totally sh*t the bed against the worst defense in the NFL.....at home.

OrangeSe7en
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM

This. The stupid people need to stop commenting. This includes the OP.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM
What?

Do you write those emails I get from Africa asking me to help some widow get 5 million out of the country because I sound like upstanding citizen of virtue?

;D

EDIT: This might be the weirdest sentence of all time. Because technically it is correct but it sounds weird when you read it!

I have just inherited 34 billion dollars, if you would just send me $1,000 for bank transfer fees, I will donate this all to you, because I got your e-mail address from a local business that said you were a good person.

Mouth

yerner
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Any of you criticizing Tebow for this, just ****ing stop. Seriously.

WTF you expect him do, just take a dive, a la Orton?

Seriously, it was 4TH DOWN.

Have you not seen Tebow escape sacks a million times during the season, keep plays alive, and make things happen?

Like the stiff arm DeMarious Thomas touchdown in the Vikings game.

Like the goaline escape near saftey in Miami that Tebow turned into a 30 yard run up the middle for a first down.

Like the escape from a sack to get Denver's first touchdown today.

Like the escape from a near safety earlier in the game only to fumble, pick up his fumble and harmlessly get the ball out of the way.

But yeah, criticize him for playing his heart out, trying his best to extend his magic and see what happens.

****ING LOSERS.

Lighten up, Shirley.

theAPAOps5
Seriously. I mean it's not as if he totally sh*t the bed against the worst defense in the NFL.....at home.

No he didn't retard. The defense **** the bed against won of the best offenses in the league at home.

SonOfLe-loLang

Please tell me how he "totally **** the bed?"

He made one mistake (and it wasnt some bad read pick, it was a fumble), and put up 300 yards of offense. Sure, he didnt score every possession (which was basically needed today), but he made a lot of solid throws today and ran well.

And at the point of this play (which you continue to harp on for some reason), the game was virtually over.

So, again, how did he "**** the bed" today?

Archer81
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

He made one mistake (and it wasnt some bad read pick, it was a fumble), and put up 300 yards of offense. Sure, he didnt score every possession (which was basically needed today), but he made a lot of solid throws today and ran well.

And at the point of this play (which you continue to harp on for some reason), the game was virtually over.

Do not argue with idiots. They drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Jay3
PRICELESS.

4th and 17, down two scores, time running out?

There are such things as a "bad sack," and that was not one. You're about to give them the ball back (and the game). You may as well run around and see if you can make something happen.

Mouth
Dude, it's like NOT not buying a lottery ticket when the prize is $155 million and then hoping that you can win the lottery!

Now, we all know that the odds of winning are *ALMOST* zero. But they're not exactly zero, are they? No, the odds are just above zero. So, if you want to win the $155 million, you MUST buy a ticket.

Now, if we want to have any chance of a miracle win, Tebow needs to scramble around and hope for something. Maybe a penalty, maybe a miracle. Who knows. But if he falls down, HE FORGOT TO BUY THE DAMN TICKET and therefore he can't win the lottery!

ummmm I'm pretty sure we're on the same side of the argument here. I was all for TT scrambling to try and make a play.

Mouth

lod01
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
No he didn't retard. The defense **** the bed against won of the best offenses in the league at home.

LOL

How can one we take you seriously after that grammer **** up?

He sucked donkey dick against the worst defense in the league.

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Yep he was a great runningback today

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 06:52 PM
LOL

Grammar police, oh no. What ever will I do, my iPad auto corrected to bad grammar. Go **** yourself.

By the way if you are going to call someone out for grammar, learn how to spell it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grammar

barryr
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL

No one takes you serious in anything you post. "Donkey dick?" Are you 10 years old?

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM

5/9 in the first half is pretty good for a running back. The TO's killed us, as well as the punt at the end of the half. You must have been waiting a LONG time for a broncos loss to come with the TT hate. 12 starts in the NFL and doing just fine. How is Scam Newton doing this year?

Haters hunna hate.

Mouth

Jay3
12-18-2011, 07:01 PM

What punt? 4th and 18. That's not the time to throw it away. (It was already basically kneel down time for the Pats if they don't pick up that first down.)

TDmvp
12-18-2011, 07:01 PM
A lot of stuff in this thread is a check mark for the argument America's schools suck.

Stupid is becoming the majority it seems.

OABB
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
so glad there arent tebow haters, yerner.

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
5/9 in the first half is pretty good for a running back. The TO's killed us, as well as the punt at the end of the half. You must have been waiting a LONG time for a broncos loss to come with the TT hate. 12 starts in the NFL and doing just fine. How is Scam Newton doing this year?

Haters hunna hate.

Mouth

Lol my bad I didn't know we were talking about cam newton

Mouth
12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Lol my bad I didn't know we were talking about cam newton

So instead of defend your stance about how TT's 28 yard sack was worse than a 5 yard sack on 4th and 13 you resort to nit-picking. You are a troll and I reiterate......

Haters gunna hate

Mouth

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 07:10 PM

You're just a ****ing idiot

TD4HOF
12-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Didn't read the whole thread but you good fellas (and gals) do realize the OP's tagline is "Pontius Pirate" right? He might as well scream "I am a delusional douche here to annoy the beejesus out of you right under your unsuspecting noses!!!!"

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Ok just maybe the OL could have blocked a couple plays today ?

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 09:33 PM

Yep and both the Dline and O-line had one of the worst performances of the year. When the Oline knew how to block in the first quarter and TT had time to pass he just fine. TT has very little if any blame for this loss.

epicSocialism4tw
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
PRICELESS.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zu-L8Z2LGa4/TNvdrAZwJdI/AAAAAAAAFY0/amp6MlPUNyE/s1600/low-iq-zone.jpg

Cito Pelon
12-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Dude has some things to learn.

extralife
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
I don't really know how anyone can say Tim Tebow killed us today or anything ridiculous like that. The game was going just the way we needed it to go until the fumble fest. Yeah, he was responsible for one of those fumbles. No, he didn't play well enough to overcome those mistakes, but all told it was a pretty ok game and not exactly a huge set back for a young QB. he looks like a legit QB with legit young QB issues plus a couple of ugly throws a game most young QBs don't make plus a lot fewer turnovers than most young QBs make plus a handful of ridiculous plays no young QB can make (more or less). that's tim tebow circa 2011 and I'm quite all right with that

biggest thing he needs to work on in the offseason? it's obviously pocket awareness and the ability and instinct to step into the pocket rather than spinning out at every possible sign of trouble. but that's not an uncommon thing at all for a guy with his lack of experience, particularly when that guy is also a great out of the pocket playmaker.

bottom line, there was nothing in this game to tell any reasonable fan that tim tebow is not the guy to move forward with. pretty simple. move on and win next week and we'll be fine.

Armchair Bronco
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
ummmm I'm pretty sure we're on the same side of the argument here. I was all for TT scrambling to try and make a play.

Mouth

Sorry, I meant to quote the guy YOU quoted. My bad.

But you're right: we're on same side on this one.

Dagmar
12-19-2011, 01:29 AM
A lot of stuff in this thread is a check mark for the argument America's schools suck.

Stupid is becoming the majority it seems.

It's funny as **** though!

Forgot to sign off.

Post written by a keyboard. A keyboard hopped up on Christmas joy.

Cito Pelon
12-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Dude reminds me of Staubach.

Dagmar
12-19-2011, 01:31 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/3325x8j.jpg

swaiy
12-19-2011, 01:33 AM
LOL ^.

The scroll factor was perfect on that picture.

Cito Pelon
12-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Bradshaw comes to mind also. Big strong guy, likes to throw long, runs a lot.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Been here all season!

wow...you are a tool

Pontius Pirate
12-19-2011, 09:52 AM
wow...you are a tool

LOL totally sister. RESPECT.