PDA

View Full Version : The Brady Rules

teknic
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I can hardly believe what I just witnessed. I have never witnessed such a raping of the Broncos by the officials. At one point, the patriots had only a single penalty against them while the Broncos had six. And to put some context to those penalties against the Broncos, many were on 3rd down. Those penalties directly lead to points for the Pats, so regardless of anything else, the refs seriously ****ed over Denver.

The Patriots won this game because of turnovers, and the help of the officials.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1116/nfl_g_belichick_ref_576.jpg

Tom Brady plays by a different set of rules than any other QB in the league.

The Rules:
1. Tom Brady's offensive line is never guilty of holding. They simply do not commit holds.
2. In the event of an incomplete Tom Brady pass, there was obviously defensive holding.
3. Tom Brady's receivers are open because Tom Brady is so good that he threw them open. They did not push off.
4. If Tom Brady takes a hard hit, flag it. Don't think, just flag.
5. Tom Brady cannot commit a fumble. He intended to throw it. Seriously.
6. Tom Brady's offensive line does not false start. Never.
7. Because not all situations can be accounted for, in the event of any other close play, give the Patriots the call.

If you can think of any more, feel free to add. I just needed to rant. This game is exactly why I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady.

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Whining about the officials is weak.

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
99. If the Patriots fail to convert on 3rd and long, there must have been a penalty on the D *somewhere*. Throw the flag, then huddle up and dream up something plausible.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM

True. But pointing out a lack of calls when its blatantly obvious to everyone is not. Does anyone know if a forward lateral is legal?

:Broncos:

Williams
There were some pretty bad calls... but other games this year have been much worse. Our turnovers killed us today... not the officials.

oubronco
True there has always been a Brady favoritism ever since the tuck rule game

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Did the Brady rules cause Tebow to run backwards for a 28 yd sack/loss?

LOL

YOU CAN NOT MEASURE TEBOW IN STATS*

*Agamemnon

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I watched offensive holding all day and i am watching on tv the refs are standing right there if i am not mistaken. ( just saying) the non calls got kinda of annoying after awhile ( cause i saw them)

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM

LOL

*Agamemnon

It was fourth down. What did you want him to do?

Kid A
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
The painful thing about watching the 2011 Pats offense is how perfectly they execute those TE plays. You look at the other passing juggernauts (Saints and Packers) and they do it by distributing all over the place, and as an opposing fan you can at least understand how that is tough to stop. Feels like NE just finds a way for Hernandez or Gronk to be coming across the middle wide open EVERY PLAY.

And then nobody can ever tackle either of them. Brady is just one of the best ever at perfectly executing those simple plays, never making his receiver have to break stride whether it's a slant of a screen.

Archer81
**** happens. NE will get theirs. Hopefully at Denver's hands in the playoffs.

Armchair Bronco

LOL

*Agamemnon

That sack didn't matter. Tebow was just trying to keep the play alive. Good for him. I'd prefer a 50 yard sack to having him just fall down on 4th-and-a-prayer.

Mogulseeker
Yeah, I'm not going to participate in a whining of the refs. I'll just say there are darlings in the NFL that have the refs on good faith. That Brady-led Pats are one of those teams.

Pontius Pirate

I guess keep running backwards until he was out of the building?

Gutless Drunk
I've never seen a ref run up to a player for post game congrats like Carey did to Brady. It was bizarre.

Kid A

To throw very stylish INTs, Palmer style.

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM

So a guy trying to make a play despite no real chance of winning is a bad thing?

Got it.

Houshyamama
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I've never seen a ref run up to a player for post game congrats like Carey did to Brady. It was bizarre.

He wasn't congratulating Brady. He was checking with his boss to make sure he made all the right calls.

OABB
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM

LOL

*Agamemnon

You.do understand how bad you look doing this right? I mean im thinking you are actually a puppet account for macgruder. no one really would.focus on a 4th down scramble if they were smart.

well played macgruder/baja/pontius

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
What a surprise, i predicted the Broncos fans crying about refs after the game

teknic
12-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Every team that plays the Pats bitches about the refs. That's what happens when they give a few too many calls to one team. Ask the Eagles/Ravens/Jets/Raiders how they feel about the refs and Brady. ROFL!

OABB
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM

Im not. our turnovers were the reason and Brady was a beast today. congrats.

BroncoFox
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM
There were a few holding calls not called, I was kind of upset about that. But the hugest hit on Brady was not penalized, and the Broncos mistakes is why we lost, the officials had nothing to do with fumbles in our own end of the field.

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I watched offensive holding all day and i am watching on tv the refs are standing right there if i am not mistaken. ( just saying) the non calls got kinda of annoying after awhile ( cause i saw them)

I hardly ever blame the Refs , but Yeah I was getting pissed off to

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
There were a few holding calls not called, I was kind of upset about that. But the hugest hit on Brady was not penalized, and the Broncos mistakes is why we lost, the officials had nothing to do with fumbles in our own end of the field.

I think the no call on them trying to Rip Tebows head off was bad

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
The Broncos had 39 yards of penaltys called on them, The Patriots had 30 yards.

Accept you were outcoached and outplayed and generally outclassed by a superior franchise.

Broncomutt
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM

I agree completely and hate the weekly "refs hate us threads".

But that forward lateral was an easy call to make and should have been a 10 second run off. It's just odd why they didn't make that call.

I hope a reporter asks the refs about that non-call and puts it in an article. I'd be interested to hear what they say. I'm not buying "None of us saw it". I also hope the Broncos send tape of that to the league office.

Having said that, we did not lose because of the refs today.

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM

Accept you were outcoached and outplayed and generally outclassed by a superior franchise.

turnovers inside the 50 didn't help much huh.

Eldorado
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Only read the OP.

One response: Turn overs.

ClamChowdah
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
turnovers inside the 50 didn't help much huh.

Turnovers are exactly how you won about half of your games!

Pontius Pirate
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
You.do understand how bad you look doing this right? I mean im thinking you are actually a puppet account for macgruder. no one really would.focus on a 4th down scramble if they were smart.

well played macgruder/baja/pontius

STRONG EDITS TO YOUR POST BRO!

You might've lost the internets if you tried to tell me I "look bad" and then had all sorts of grammatical errors in your post.

Oh, wait......

/looks again and sees multiple grammatical errors still presiding in your post

Popcorn Sutton
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM

So you agree.

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM

you just screwed yourself :thumbsup:

lod01
12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
STFU and take your beatdown like a man you ****ing teblowers.

El Jué
12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Brady Rule #12. The Patriots are a really good team with a great coach and a very talented quarterback. Sometimes this will cause them to beat lesser teams and win games.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM

How about this...

Take a deep breath, bend over, and shove your overlarge gorgon head into your rectum.

Repeat if the message does not sink in.

lod01
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
How about this...

Take a deep breath, bend over, and shove your overlarge gorgon head into your rectum.

Repeat if the message does not sink in.

You teblowers got your asses kicked by a real team, not the patsies you have been squeaking by on luck.

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM

You might've lost the internets if you tried to tell me I "look bad" and then had all sorts of grammatical errors in your post.

Oh, wait......

In fairness, I don't think he needed a grammatically-correct post to make you look bad.

I'm just saying.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
You teblowers got your asses kicked by a real team, not the patsies you have been squeaking by on luck.

Instruction fail. Repeat, ass bag.

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:47 PM

You do realize that none of us actually play on the team, right?

I mean, a lot of us were actually posting while the game was being played, and stuff.

If we were players, we wouldn't have been able to do that.

That's how you can know, for sure.

TDmvp
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Mike Carey loves the cam ... Like two weeks ago I was watching some non Broncos game and was commenting on how much he seems to enjoy the spotlight ... He reminds me of how stupid MLB umps act anytime they get a chance to be on cam

Mike Carey . Attention whore.

But turnovers and Cosby was our undoing.

BroncsCheer
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM

I get that lod01 = Moron, but what language are we talking here?

Unrelated - the officiating was pretty bad all told. I've never seen a blatant forward lateral be a non-call before. and why wait to call illegal hands to the face on the 3rd and 24 when it happens every passing play?

Mike Carey usually does a good job with his crew - today they left a lot to be desired.

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Mike Carey loves the cam ... Like two weeks ago I was watching some non Broncos game and was commenting on how much he seems to enjoy the spotlight ... He reminds me of how stupid MLB umps act anytime they get a chance to be on cam

Mike Carey . Attention whore.

But turnovers and Cosby was our undoing.

Like Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I agree completely and hate the weekly "refs hate us threads".

But that forward lateral was an easy call to make and should have been a 10 second run off. It's just odd why they didn't make that call.

Nothing odd about it if you understood the rules.

A muffed punt cannot be advanced by the kicking team if recovered. As soon as the kicking team gains possession of the ball, the play is over. The recovering player doesnt even have to be down for the play to be over

hambone13
12-18-2011, 06:09 PM
I get that lod01 = Moron, but what language are we talking here?

Unrelated - the officiating was pretty bad all told. I've never seen a blatant forward lateral be a non-call before. and why wait to call illegal hands to the face on the 3rd and 24 when it happens every passing play?

Mike Carey usually does a good job with his crew - today they left a lot to be desired.

This. You reference the elements that made it critical to me, during this game. Especially the hands to the face. That was ridiculous. Carey is not fair in general. I always hate seeing that he's in charge during a big game against a large market. It doesn't matter whether it's against the Broncos or not, he's just a media whore.

hambone13
12-18-2011, 06:11 PM
This. You reference the elements that made it critical to me, during this game. Especially the hands to the face. That was ridiculous. Carey is not fair in general. I always hate seeing that he's in charge during a big game against a large market. It doesn't matter whether it's against the Broncos or not, he's just a media whore.

If nothing else on that "hands to the face penalty" that I know we're both talking about, it should have been on both teams and "off setting".

houghtam
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM

Oh, wait......

Oooooh, grammar smack!

Now we're getting somewhere.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM

If you could provide proof we would all believe you.

Mouth

OABB
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Oh, wait......

Wow. smartphone grammar smack. the white flag of the internet. #pompousbuttpiratelosessohard.

t-diddy
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
You do realize that none of us actually play on the team, right?

I mean, a lot of us were actually posting while the game was being played, and stuff.

If we were players, we wouldn't have been able to do that.

That's how you can know, for sure.

Speak for yourself man... i was out there and posting. Do you have any idea how hard it is to return kicks AND post at the same time? Didn't think so.....

cabronco
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Except if Brady fumbled the ball and rolled next to the ref, said ref would foot wedge it back to Tommy Boy. Then Tom would yell at the ref, next time blow that ball dead when I fumble, or you wont be reffing very long !!

Dedhed
12-18-2011, 07:07 PM
The ref literally went out of his way to shake Tom's hand after the game. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Which is what a worthless POS like you should do...................how long did you have to think of something to criticize the guy for ?

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM

Fine you blow hard POS, how did Gronk do today and with three turnovers should you not have won ?

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Only a blind man would put the blame for this fiasco on TT.

teknic
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Only a blind man would put the blame for this fiasco on TT.

How does every thread become a Tebow thread?

There was no mention of Tebow in the OP....

swaiy
12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Speak for yourself man... i was out there and posting. Do you have any idea how hard it is to return kicks AND post at the same time? Didn't think so.....

Is that what happened, Quan?