PDA

View Full Version : The OL Sucks

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:26 PM
It was an issue coming into this season and Tebow and the running game have hidden this subpar group for a few weeks.

the broncos could flip a coin on day one of the draft at OL or DB

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 04:27 PM
the rushing numbers say otherwise.

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Actually they don't

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:29 PM
They had a bad game it happens. You shouldn't wait till a loss to call out a unit.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:30 PM
oniy 23 points against the worst defense in the league...I 'm glad you guys are so proud of this group.

keep sticking your head in the sand

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Tebow is hiding their deficiencies. We need to upgrade sooner than later. A monster true right tackle would be great. Throw Franklin over to left guard and let him and Clady maul people.

LRtagger
12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
the dominant running game hid the fact that the OL sucks? Lol ok

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 04:33 PM
oniy 23 points against the worst defense in the league...I 'm glad you guys are so proud of this group.

You do realize that "the running game" is about 75% the OL, right?

bronco militia
the dominant running game hid the fact that the OL sucks? Lol ok

again, the running game helps a terrible OL...

these guys are terrible in pass protection. Just ask kyle orton

DBroncos4life

Way to call out the unit 5 weeks ago. Oh wait you didn't. :thumbsup:

yerner
no they don't. this was a bad game by everyone. but the oline is promising.

DB-Freak
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't think people get the fact that TEbow and the scheme itself is hiding this group.

The interior OL especially needs a lot of help.

bronco militia

I have on other threads

DB-Freak

This OL has been called out all year long man.

Dagmar
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Derp. What a retarded thread.

Houshyamama
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Beadles and Walton are below average offensive linemen, backups. Kuper is great, Clady is struggling but still mediocre. Franklin shows promise. Beadles and Walton need to improve quickly or we'll need to find upgrades.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM

The offense was killed by careless mistakes (fumbles). Thats not an indictment on offensive design.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
This OL has been called out all year long man.

By fake Broncos fans in the game thread.. Find me ONE thread calling out the OLine during the winning streak. ONE.

Popps
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Of all the problems today... the O-line wasn't even on the radar.

Agamemnon
They had a bad game it happens. You shouldn't wait till a loss to call out a unit.

They've been suspect in protection all season.

DBroncos4life
I have on other threads

Oh but you couldn't be a man and start a thread like this after a win? Get over yourself.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
By fake Broncos fans in the game thread.. Find me ONE thread calling out the OLine during the winning streak. ONE.

Alright dude, you need to take your fan police badge and shove it up your ass. This o-line has had serious struggles in protection all season. It's been talked about often on the podcasts. Are those guys fake fans too you douche?

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh but you couldn't be a man and start a thread like this after a win? Get over yourself.

wahhh....get over my thread...

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
They've been suspect in protection all season.

Broncos fans are talking. If I need to know things about Tebow I'll hit you up.

cmhargrove
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
It was an issue coming into this season and Tebow and the running game have hidden this subpar group for a few weeks.

So we have a rookie RT, two second year players, we lead the league in rushing, and you say we suck? Great fan. Great analysis.

5 star analysis. You rock.

We come from the worst team in the division to a playoff team and you are complaining. Great job. Please start more threads.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
So we have a rookie RT, two second year players, we lead the league in rushing, and you say we suck? Great fan. Great analysis.

We come from the worst team in the division to a playoff team and you are complaining. Great job. Please start more threads.

you're welcome.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
wahhh....get over my thread...

Yeah I'm the only one calling you out on this thread. :thumbsup:

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah I'm the only one calling you out on this thread. :thumbsup:

oh no's.....I think this OL has sucked all year, and you don't like my thread.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Broncos fans are talking. If I need to know things about Tebow I'll hit you up.

You don't know anything about the rest of this team or Tebow. Maybe you should do less talking and more reading. You might learn something. You can't even tell when a team is talent deficient or certain units are struggling for ****'s sake...

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM

Being decent in run blocking does not negate that they are terrible at protecting the QB, especially from any sort of interior pass rush.

Hamrob
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the Oline is pretty good. QB's don't get more than 3 seconds in this league. Right now, Tebow needs at least 5-6 seconds. There's the problem.

Once Tebow learns to make quick reads and throw to a spot....instead of holding it until somebody is open by five yards...the offense will start clicking.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Tebow has improved every week...the OL, not so much

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Yep I'm the only one that thinks you're wrong. :spit:

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
You don't know anything about the rest of this team or Tebow. Maybe you should do less talking and more reading. You might learn something. You can't even tell when a team is talent deficient or certain units are struggling for ****'s sake...
Ha!

BroncoBen

Really.. I thought they did pretty good overall.. turnovers cost the Broncos today.

bronco militia
Yep I'm the only one that thinks you're wrong. :spit:

it happens

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 04:50 PM

We were all saying they sucked when Orton was playing. Tebow allows them to play above their talent. They aren't our biggest problem (not even close) but we either need to see big improvement from them or we'll have to draft a new guy pretty high either this next draft or the one after.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Really.. I thought they did pretty good overall.. turnovers cost the Broncos today.

yes, and when the broncos got behind big the teams weakness's were exposed.

OL and Secondary

CEH
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Our OLine is not a problem. Young and growing together. Cohesion and talent is what I'm seeing. Our safeties suck donkey balls. There is our problem. Seems like Denver can't draft a safety to savw their lives

Dagmar
12-18-2011, 04:53 PM

We're the best rushing team in the league. You're a mong.

Dagmar
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Ha!

He's tremendously stupid.

Houshyamama
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Our OLine is not a problem. Young and growing together. Cohesion and talent is what I'm seeing. Our safeties suck donkey balls. There is our problem. Seems like Denver can't draft a safety to savw their lives

Beadles and Walton suck donkey balls.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 04:56 PM

and the wost passing team...

what is your point?

you can't win in this league without a balanced attack.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 04:56 PM

So an o-line that is good at run blocking and bad at pass blocking is a good o-line?

dsmoot
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
again, the running game helps a terrible OL...

Huh??? Maybe in Pop Warner where there is a speedster who developed sooner than others. Never mind.

DBroncos4life
it happens

It's a young unit switching from a right handed pocket passer to a left handed mobile QB 5 games into the season. They are playing well all things they are being asked to do on the fly. Can the play better? Sure. Can the WHOLE team play better? You bet. Calling them out is just silly.

bronco militia
Huh??? Maybe in Pop Warner where there is a speedster who developed sooner than others. Never mind.

what

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Beadles and Walton suck donkey balls.

Pretty much. And Franklin is playing out of position to accommodate our worst lineman...

MortonToMoses
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Last I checked, the OL didn't turn it over 3 times. This offense is not designed to win a shootout game. OL needs to get better, but they do not suck.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM
He's tremendously stupid.

I'm pissed that he made me agree with you ;D

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
and the wost passing team...

what is your point?

you can't win in this league without a balanced attack.

6 straight wins disagree. We turned the ball over. That is why we lost the game end of story.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
If you can't give 5 seconds to throw against a 4 man rush, there is a problem. That being said, they are a young O-line and they will get better. Once TT has some more time with his receivers and gets a trust built, we will be fine. TT will get the timing down eventually, and we will be scary good. I say we draft a stud DB and then a RB and we will be good.

Mouth

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM

Kind of getting tired of hearing this. We have two young players at G and C who simply suck against powerful DT's. I keep looking for growth in that area, but I'm just not seeing it. Talk of them growing and improving is just starting to look like fools gold to me because they keep handing these stinkers when they face a decent interior pass rush, and show zero signs of improvement in the process.

And to boot we have a G protecting our QB's blindside. It's ridiculous.

Rolandftw
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
It was a team loss. Believe it or not, Tebow actually played a part in that. So did the defense. So did the line. So did the turnovers.

It sucks, but if we win in Buffalo (why do we always play Buffalo late in the year, with a playoff spot on the line?) and KC beats Oakland, doesn't really matter much.

bombay
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM
With all of the problems this team has - the oline sucks, the defense sucks, Fox sucks, the playcalling sucks, Elway sucks... etc, it's astonishing that they are leading their division.

bombay
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM

A mong. That's funny.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
With all of the problems this team has - the oline sucks, the defense sucks, Fox sucks, the playcalling sucks, Elway sucks... etc, it's astonishing that they are leading their division.

Just think what this team could do with talent.

Rolandftw
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
It's one bad game against a possible championship team. It sucks, but they still control our own destiny.

With that said, the division is still terrible and I don't think the winner of the division is anywhere close to a threat in the postseason.

bombay
12-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Just think what this team could do with talent.

If only we had a mong!

We'd be unstoppable!

Swedish Extrovert
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
It seems Beadles has regressed, but I don't think a team leads the league in rushing if the line flat out sucks.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
It seems Beadles has regressed, but I don't think a team leads the league in rushing if the line flat out sucks.

Okay, enough with talk of the run blocking. The run blocking has mostly been solid this year. That has no bearing on the fact that our pass protection is miserable. It's like saying that a FS has been good in run support, so let's ignore how he blows half his coverage assignments.

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
If only we had a mong!

We'd be unstoppable!

Mong is a bad thing. I guess in the way you are using it would be a dog? Not sure the NFL will allow us to use it ;D

GreatBronco16
12-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Last I checked, the OL didn't turn it over 3 times. This offense is not designed to win a shootout game. OL needs to get better, but they do not suck.

Last time I checked, the offense didn't turn it over three times. Tebow fumbled and Ball fumbled. The other was by whatever scrub we had returning the kick at the end of the first half.

fontaine
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
The OL doesn't suck and they have done some remarkeable things this year for a young group.

That being said, Clady is clearly underperforming for the talent he has, Beadles and Walton are weak and mistake prone. It's not that these guys suck, just that they make far too many mistakes that end up killing drives at different times.

I hope with one full offseason of conditioning and work these guys will get better because the reality is that if you give Tebow time in the pocket then this can be a very good passing team given the emergence of Decker/Thomas and guys like Ball/Willis working the shorter routes.

Look at Brady and how often the Patriots passed the ball. We've got two very good pass rushers in Miller/Doom but look how much better the Pats OL was in pass protection.

jsco70
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Rep

orangenblue
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM

I'm sorry but with all due respect your an IDIOT!!!!!!!!

DBroncos4life
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
We did have a mong, a monkey was riding it. Ha!

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry but with all due respect your an IDIOT!!!!!!!!

thanks for posting this year

lod01
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM

!Booya!

Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reveicer.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
!Booya!

Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reveicer.

Do you people actually watch the Broncos play? How does anyone think that our o-line consistently maintains a pocket more than 2 seconds, much less 5? ****ing bizarre...

When Tebow holds the ball for 5 seconds it's usually his legs that keep him from getting sacked, not his line.

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
The O'Line might be the most improved unit since the beginning of the season. They have dominated opposing teams on the ground, even when opposing teams have expected run. They have given Tebow lots of time to throw the ball on so many occasions. Sometimes the O'Line will have really bad plays that will make you question them, but overall, I don't think this is a problem area for the Broncos.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
!Booya!

To be fair though, how many times were receivers open? WE have a VERY sub-par receiving corps. I'm not laying all the blame on them, but it was the definition of a team loss. Considering we were playing one of the "elite" teams in the NFL, I am not very worried. We'll learn from this, and get better. Like we always do.

Mouth

CEH
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Do you people actually watch the Broncos play? How does anyone think that our o-line consistently maintains a pocket more than 2 seconds, much less 5? ****ing bizarre...

When Tebow holds the ball for 5 seconds it's usually his legs that keep him from getting sacked, not his line.

I bet this line would protect Brady just fine. Sometimes a 3 step drop means a 3 step drop. Not 3 steps and then two more. Just becaause the QB can scramble does not mean he has to do that every play. Watch who we draft come April and that will answer your own question. Maybe an upgrade for Beadles and let him float but the OLine is far from our issues. Our main issue is the age of Dawkins and Maghee and nobody to replace them right now

Also Champ just said it himself. These safeties are not playing like professionals. They are horrible far from NFL quality.

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't get the O'Line too much credit for the #1 ranked rushing offense. How much of the #1 ranked rushing offense is due to Tebow scrambline around and taking off for huge chunks of yardage during games?

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
the good

#1 rushing team

the bad
#14 sacked
#22 yards
#21 points per game

the ugly

#25 time of possession
#28 3rd dwon conversion
#31 passing yards

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I bet this line would protect Brady just fine. Sometimes a 3 step drop means a 3 step drop. Not 3 steps and then two more. Just becaause the QB can scramble does not mean he has to do that every play. Watch who we draft come April and that will answer your own question. Maybe an upgrade for Beadles and let him float but the OLine is far from our issues. Our main issue is the age of Dawkins and Maghee and nobody to replace them right now

Also Champ just said it himself. These safeties are not playing like professionals. They are horrible far from NFL quality.

They would protect Brady fine sometimes, but have you missed how many times Walton or Beadles have let a DT come into the backfield with ease? Have you missed how many times Franklin has completely whiffed against speed rushers and let them come in free? It's not a rare occurrence. Not even close.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
!Booya!

Great excuse. Especially when they block for 5+ seconds as the Teblow can't find a reviser.

Tim didn't have 5 seconds today against a "fierce" patriots defense

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

Rolandftw
12-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Two seconds is a massive exaggeration. Tebow had time MOST of the day. We ran what? 8 freaking yards a carry?

QB pressure was one of the problems today, but it doesn't even break the top 5 reasons for why Denver lost.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Don't get the O'Line too much credit for the #1 ranked rushing offense. How much of the #1 ranked rushing offense is due to Tebow scrambline around and taking off for huge chunks of yardage during games?

A lot. I'm pretty sure they were in the bottom half of the league in rushing before Tebow became the starter, and when you factor in those big games we had off the option early on (again due heavily to Tebow), it's clear our run blocking is nowhere near the top of the league. It's not bad, but it's also far from elite.

bronco militia
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Two seconds is a massive exaggeration. Tebow had time MOST of the day. We ran what? 8 freaking yards a carry?

QB pressure was one of the problems today, but it doesn't even break the top 5 reasons for why Denver lost.

turnovers and pass coverage were the obvious choices today. I decided to point out a unit that has been dodging bullets since Tebow took over.

bombay
12-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm sending my mong to destroy Bronco Militia's tent.

Mong! Seek! Destroy!

bombay
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
My mong runs a 2.3 40. He has a 78' verticle!

And 4" fangs!

Dedhed
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
They don't suck at all, but they certainly struggle in pass pro when the game scenario dictates passes are coming. Like the rest of the offense, though, they're extremely young and it's not all that surprising.

Wes Mantooth
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
They are young.

Rascal
12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I think the offensive scheme has hidden some of the flaws of this o-line. I don't think they suck, but improvement is needed. I'm beginning to think that Clady will never be the LT we thought after his rookie year. I'd be tempted to move him to RT, move Franklin to LG, and get a new LT. Or at the least, move Franklin to LG and get a new RT.

But, the improvement of the o-line isn't enough of an issue to use a #1 pick IMO. They are young so they will improve, but John Fox football can help those flaws thru the power run game. Unfortunately, we have other holes that are bigger holes to fill IMO.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I think the offensive scheme has hidden some of the flaws of this o-line. I don't think they suck, but improvement is needed. I'm beginning to think that Clady will never be the LT we thought after his rookie year. I'd be tempted to move him to RT, move Franklin to LG, and get a new LT. Or at the least, move Franklin to LG and get a new RT.

But, the improvement of the o-line isn't enough of an issue to use a #1 pick IMO. They are young so they will improve, but John Fox football can help those flaws thru the power run game. Unfortunately, we have other holes that are bigger holes to fill IMO.

At this point there isnt a dominant player on the line. There is no cornerstone. Kuper is a borderline pro bowler, Clady is just a tad below that level right now, and the young Walton/Beadles/Franklin crew are all mistake prone and inconsistent.

It would help if there was a true anchor player in the group. That would be a good thing to address through free agency instead of the draft.

Rascal
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
At this point there isnt a dominant player on the line. There is no cornerstone. Kuper is a borderline pro bowler, Clady is just a tad below that level right now, and the young Walton/Beadles/Franklin crew are all mistake prone and inconsistent.

It would help if there was a true anchor player in the group. That would be a good thing to address through free agency instead of the draft.

Walton/Beadles/Franklin are all young so the mistakes/inconsistency should improve. I just think the ceiling of Beadles is marginal and the ceiling of Franklin at RT is marginal. I think Franklin can be a great guard.

But again, the o-line isn't a major weakness of this team.

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Of all the problems today... the O-line wasn't even on the radar.

No **** really. Are you frakin blind. Multiple patriots in the backfield play after play. Somehow you tards will try to blame TT for running for his life. When they knew how to block in the first quarter he was throwing just fine.

Jetmeck
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM

damn what game you watch. As soon as we were down two scores there was NO TIME TO PASS...................

jutang
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm still thinking Clady is playing through injuries this year or is still recovering from his past knee injury.

Beadles is pathetic. Walton is ok -- has made enough strides where I think he will be an average center. Franklin still gets beat, but not as noticeable as earlier this year.

The O pass protection is mediocre, but Tebow held onto the ball too long in a lot of instances. His pocket awareness is really hot and cold. He's flat out amazing scrambling, but poor at sliding in the pocket just enough to make people miss.

Arkie
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
23 points is actually above average against the Pats.

TonyR
12-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Look at Brady and how often the Patriots passed the ball. We've got two very good pass rushers in Miller/Doom but look how much better the Pats OL was in pass protection.

True but Brady gets some of the credit for this. He finds the open guy and gets rid of the ball.

alkemical
12-19-2011, 06:16 AM
turnovers and pass coverage were the obvious choices today. I decided to point out a unit that has been dodging bullets since Tebow took over.

So this is a tebow thread!

lod01
12-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Tebow sucks. The OL can only block for so long. It's his job to read a defense and get rid of the ball. Holding it for 5+ seconds meanas he sucks.

Kaylore
12-19-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm still thinking Clady is playing through injuries this year or is still recovering from his past knee injury.

Beadles is pathetic. Walton is ok -- has made enough strides where I think he will be an average center. Franklin still gets beat, but not as noticeable as earlier this year.

The O pass protection is mediocre, but Tebow held onto the ball too long in a lot of instances. His pocket awareness is really hot and cold. He's flat out amazing scrambling, but poor at sliding in the pocket just enough to make people miss.
I agree with this. The other thing to consider is Clady and Walton's play will improve once we get a real left guard.

Spider
12-19-2011, 06:29 AM

kinda missed the mark here Bro , not going to slam you or pile on like the other Idiots here , But Tebow still learning Defenses , he is getting better ( Tebow) everytime he goes out , but still alot of hesitation , almost amazing how fast Teebs is learnin , the Oline has held up well ,yesterdays loss is what it is , turnovers and mental mistakes in all 3 phases of the game ....
Growing pains my Friend , nothing more ;D

bronco militia
12-19-2011, 06:45 AM
kinda missed the mark here Bro , not going to slam you or pile on like the other Idiots here , But Tebow still learning Defenses , he is getting better ( Tebow) everytime he goes out , but still alot of hesitation , almost amazing how fast Teebs is learnin , the Oline has held up well ,yesterdays loss is what it is , turnovers and mental mistakes in all 3 phases of the game ....
Growing pains my Friend , nothing more ;D

I didn't miss anything...you just dont agree.

Spider
12-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I didn't miss anything...you just dont agree.

sure ya did ....

CEH
12-19-2011, 06:50 AM
We changed the whole offense mid stream and ppl think the Oline scheme stayed the same. We are running 3 step drops from the shotgun. . Go find another QB who takes a 3 step drop from the shotgun. Tebow and that's it. I'm happy with the Oline. I don't think it's a area that is not improving
Tebow need to make faster reads. Will come with time when the game slows down.

TheChamp24
12-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Once the Patriots got a hold of momentum and the lead after the turnovers, we had no time to throw, and nobody was open. No slants or screens still? Ugh.

gunns
12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I do think the OL has some growing to do but I've seen a lot of improvement this year. In several games early in the year that line held forever for Tebow. And as far as the rushing game yesterday or in recent games, NE's defense is bad against the pass but they are in the top 10 in RD, and at one point our offensive rushing was #1, I think part of the problem has been the rushers recently. I think it is a stretch to use the OL as a scape goat in yesterday's game.

Rascal
12-19-2011, 07:27 AM
I agree with this. The other thing to consider is Clady and Walton's play will improve once we get a real left guard.

I fail to see how Beadles pass blocking is causing Clady to get beat outside consistently. His knee injury took away his lateral movement. And don't give me the crap that he is having to watch the inside because of Beadles. I played LT for 8 years so I am well versed.

bronco militia
01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
ugh

bendog
01-14-2012, 06:53 PM
When your qb cannot see open receivers underneath, and the defense takes the run and deep throw, you can't blame the oline. Overrated though they are.

bronco militia
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
When your qb cannot see open receivers underneath, and the defense takes the run and deep throw, you can't blame the oline. Overrated though they are.

they have been dominated by the worst defense in the league twice this season

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 07:31 PM

Tebow has thrown several very nice short throws in this game...which were promptly dropped. And the "drops happen to everyone" line of reasoning just doesn't hold up. They have dropped four or five passes on 12 attempts. That's a 25% drop rate. It's ridiculous.

Rascal
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I may have been mistaken in my previous analysis.

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 07:02 AM
just heard an interview on KOA from yesterday afternoon with John Elway. John said the coaching staff was not pleased with the interior OL in the scrimage and was the focus on offense at practice this week.

Beadles and Walton better get their **** together

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 11:44 AM
just heard an interview on KOA from yesterday afternoon with John Elway. John said the coaching staff was not pleased with the interior OL in the scrimage and was the focus on offense at practice this week.

Are they honestly surprised? I mean seriously? :saywhat:

Irish Stout
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Are they honestly surprised? I mean seriously? :saywhat:

I don't understand how an idiot like me can see the issues from my tv and people like John and John don't see them immediately and take action.

Anyone have a thought about the possibility of Kuper playing center? I would love to move Franklin to right guard and Ryan Harris to RT.

DBroncos4life
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Thanks again McD!

Irish Stout
08-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks again McD!

Ah the tiny tyrant... what a mess he made of things.

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Broncos to test middlemen on both offense, defense in preseason opener
Offensively, unlike Tebow, Manning will be looking to stay in the pocket. So, any pressure the Broncos allow up the middle will be right in Manning's workspace. Manning is one of the best in league history at protecting himself by getting rid of the ball. Yet even a quarterback as accomplished as he will find the going tough if the Broncos can't keep the defense off the front porch.

Opposing defensive coordinators have said center J.D. Walton and left guard Zane Beadles are often targets.
Read more: Broncos to test middlemen on both offense, defense in preseason opener - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21263408/broncos-test-middlemen-both-offense-defense-preseason-opener#ixzz234wlHUPO
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Hey Kuper is part of that group also and he is still not 100% may not be all year..

easy to blame Joshes guys when it may be the group.

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks again McD!

McD may have drafted them, but he hasn't been the one who has consistently failed to replace them.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Ah the tiny tyrant... what a mess he made of things.

He walked into a fubar OL..

with only Kuper and Clady worth a LONG TERM crap..
IIRC then Clady ****ed up his knee playing unauthorized basketball..

Tanahans Ol was undersized at best and has been struggling with Pass protect since 06 when they changed their blocking schemes.. ZBS does/did not help much in drop back passing protection..

how do you expect a 280-285 pound OC or OG to block a 320-360 pound DT or NT.. the laws of physics clearly show this to be a mismatch..

Josh addressed this with bringing in Hochstein to replace the OLG that was clearly getting beat along with the old man in the center.. Forget their names..

He drafted two replacements the next year when they realized that our OL coach who told Josh his OL could handle a change in scheme, was not worth a crap either..

Are thet the long term answer Maybe not but had
Tanahans old line still been here God only knows how bad things would be..

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
McD may have drafted them, but he hasn't been the one who has consistently failed to replace them.

that is easy to say.. but unless you're drafting a sure-fire top 15 OL guy they do not all come out of the draft at Clady speed..

it takes time to coach them up and determine IF they are worth keeping.. and constant change on the OL is perhaps harder to overcome than any other spot/area in the team..

These guys have to instinctively know what the guy next to him is going to do in EVERY situation..there can be NO hesitation at all.. or the DL is gonna kill your QB or RB..

They drafted a guy or two IIRC for backup and pushing the starters. Not sure what else you can expect of them considering all the other holes that were left by the last TWO HC/GMs they replaced..

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 12:44 PM
how do you expect a 280-285 pound OC or OG to block a 320-360 pound DT or NT.. the laws of physics clearly show this to be a mismatch..

That's what the Packers thought in SB 32.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM

yes and now it is working .. SEE PIT and NYG they eat our ZBS alive..

back then we had a mastermind QB a world-class RB and some WR and a HOF TE and OLT that made a difference..

then the ZBS was new and now it is old and lots of defenses have shut it down..

what do we have now a HOF QB and after that not much.. does any of the rest of the talent come close to matching what we had in the super blow years..

pricejj
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM
He walked into a fubar OL..

McD was in a position to draft both Maurkice Pouncey and Bryan Bulaga in the 2010 draft. Instead he took an EXTREME reach on Tim Tebow (who would have been on the board when Zane Beadles was selected), and drafted an unproven (and injured) WR in Demaryius Thomas (after trading away Brandon Marshall days before the draft).

Pouncey and Bulaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Walton and Beadles

pricejj
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
If this OL hasn't pulled it together by now, they never will. It's way past time to make a change. All they have to do is take out Walton, put Kuper at Center, Franklin at RG, and Harris at RT. They are playing with fire, the longer they leave this horrible line intact.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
If this OL hasn't pulled it together by now, they never will. It's way past time to make a change. All they have to do is take out Walton, put Kuper at Center, Franklin at RG, and Harris at RT. They are playing with fire, the longer they leave this horrible line intact.

who is going to replace harris when he goes down

Kuper hell he is not close to being 100%.. maybe after the bye week he will be but right now that would be a huge mistake..

in your scenario you have 4 players with someone new next to them..

a FUBAR of massive proportions..

think before you post..

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:01 PM
McD was in a position to draft both Maurkice Pouncey and Bryan Bulaga in the 2010 draft. Instead he took an EXTREME reach on Tim Tebow (who would have been on the board when Zane Beadles was selected), and drafted an unproven (and injured) WR in Demaryius Thomas (after trading away Brandon Marshall days before the draft).

Pouncey and Bulaga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Walton and Beadles

wow captain obvious..

but it did not happen and you do not have a clue on IF Tebow would have been there..

then we would have had our second 4-12 season with Orton behind the OL..

real smart move..

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Kuper hell he is not close to being 100%.. maybe after the bye week he will be but right now that would be a huge mistake..

think before you post..

You don't seem to realize the level of suck that Beadles and Walton represent. jj's solution is far from ideal, but leaving these duds on the field is just beyond stupid at this point.

DENVERDUI55
08-09-2012, 01:08 PM

HOF LT and the rest of the OL were studs. Not like the latter Shanny years where he plugged in super small OL.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM

think before you post..

Big J.D. Walton fan are ya? The sooner he is out of the lineup the better. Until that happens, the OL will be crap. Franklin should be a guard and you know it.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:33 PM
You don't seem to realize the level of suck that Beadles and Walton represent. jj's solution is far from ideal, but leaving these duds on the field is just beyond stupid at this point.

Jjs solution does. NoThing for beadles. It just screws up any continuity that they have. Changing one guy out is maybe. Having 4 folks affected is downright stupid regardless of how bad YOU think the OL is playing.

Is it any worse then INDYs probably not and yet Manning made them look great.

I played ORG for years and every time I had to break ina newbie Things got hit and screwed up.

If you change out. An OT one guy is affected the OG next to him. If yin change out an OG the. Two are affected doing what he said leaves continuity between OLG ans OLT.

It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 01:33 PM
HOF LT and the rest of the OL were studs. Not like the latter Shanny years where he plugged in super small OL.

If anything, Shanny went bigger, not smaller in his later years. See Exhibit A - George Foster.

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
yes and now it is working .. SEE PIT and NYG they eat our ZBS alive..

back then we had a mastermind QB a world-class RB and some WR and a HOF TE and OLT that made a difference..

then the ZBS was new and now it is old and lots of defenses have shut it down..

what do we have now a HOF QB and after that not much.. does any of the rest of the talent come close to matching what we had in the super blow years..

You found the answer and didn't even realize it.

The zone blocking scheme wasn't the problem. It was fine. The talent simply hasn't been there. Aside from a healthy Clady and perhaps Kuper, we don't have anyone that would even pretend to be good enough to start for those SB teams.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Big J.D. Walton fan are ya? The sooner he is out of the lineup the better. Until that happens, the OL will be crap. Franklin should be a guard and you know it.

Not until they have a bon afid replacement at ORT.

Walton fan not particularly just know what happens when you make changes on an OL can do from experience. I just played 8 years at ORG and know from having to break in a newbie on either side. And that was not at the NFL level where the slightest hesitation gets folks hurt. In HS or college they rarely have great DT/DE at every spot or on every team. Not so in the NFL. In some cases very one is better than the best you played against in college.

But then we at both arm chair HCs right. How about we see what they can do with some real coaching something they have yet to have.

Instead if pissing and moaning about something that is out of my control I'm going to let the professionals handle it.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
You found the answer and didn't even realize it.

The zone blocking scheme wasn't the problem. It was fine. The talent simply hasn't been there. Aside from a healthy Clady and perhaps Kuper, we don't have anyone that would even pretend to be good enough to start for those SB teams.

4 of the 5 (Zimmerman, Schlereth, Habib, Jones) were FA's. The only reason Zimmerman and Jones came here was because of Elway, and their quest for a Superbowl. Maybe Manning can get an OL FA or two next year.

I was hoping the Broncos would draft Konz this year. It appears Bowlen hates drafting elite interior OL even more than DT's.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:51 PM
If anything, Shanny went bigger, not smaller in his later years. See Exhibit A - George Foster.

Yep another classic DAFTEE fubar for tanahan. A big HY that was a reach and then he forced it till he could not stand the heat and trades his ass to a lousy team that he could not start at either.

Bigger is not always better. No one is saying that but bigger with talent matters.

And you or I do not know whether These two guys have talent or not since we have not had a decent OL coach since Gibbs left. Maybe dennison but he never played the position in his life so even after learning from the master Gibbs he was experience defunct.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Not until they have a bon afid replacement at ORT.

Walton fan not particularly just know what happens when you make changes on an OL can do from experience. I just played 8 years at ORG and know from having to break in a newbie on either side. And that was not at the NFL level where the slightest hesitation gets folks hurt. In HS or college they rarely have great DT/DE at every spot or on every team. Not so in the NFL. In some cases very one is better than the best you played against in college.

But then we at both arm chair HCs right. How about we see what they can do with some real coaching something they have yet to have.

Instead if pissing and moaning about something that is out of my control I'm going to let the professionals handle it.

Eh, Magazu has been with the young guys long enough that they should be good by now. Walton and Beadles both have 2 years under their belt. It would take Kuper a little while to get up to speed at Center, but he could do it, and would be much better than Walton. Franklin would pummel fools at RG. Harris has a bunch of experience at RT.

I seriously doubt the interior OL will be able to open up holes in the run game with a single-back set. They couldn't even do it with a FB back there.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:55 PM
4 of the 5 (Zimmerman, Schlereth, Habib, Jones) were FA's. The only reason Zimmerman and Jones came here was because of Elway, and their quest for a Superbowl. Maybe Manning can get an OL FA or two next year.

I was hoping the Broncos would draft Konz this year. It appears Bowlen hates drafting elite interior OL even more than DT's.

Classic !BOWLEN male bovine excrement hate.

Think about it for just a minute. Was he even in the war room when we drafted. We all know who made the calls and his name as not Pat.

If anyone knows what a quality OL means it is John.
So let's pretend you did not post something that stupid.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Eh, Magazu has been with the young guys long enough that they should be good by now. Walton and Beadles both have 2 years under their belt. It would take Kuper a little while to get up to speed at Center, but he could do it, and would be much better than Walton. Franklin would pummel fools at RG. Harris has a bunch of experience at RT.

I seriously doubt the interior OL will be able to open up holes in the run game with a single-back set. They couldn't even do it with a FB back there.

Yep we finally have an OL coach. But it takes time and we have a month to teach them up and if they are in their original spots they learn quicker.

Not only are you talking about him coaching them but then your adding a new wraps into it with taking an OT that has played zero OG as a pro and hoping he will be able to open holes for RB.

The real problem is pass protect. Something that takes a hell of a lot more continuity than run blocking.

Obj iosly you are not going to change my mind and your not going to get what I'm saying and typing on a smart phone is screwing up my filet a chicken lunch.

So think about at I said and I won't think about your screwy idea and we can agree to disagree. Since the coaches are going to do what they think anyway and I know your idea will. NOT happen I can rest easy tonight.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Classic !BOWLEN male bovine excrement hate.

Think about it for just a minute. Was he even in the war room when we drafted. We all know who made the calls and his name as not Pat.

If anyone knows what a quality OL means it is John.
So let's pretend you did not post something that stupid.

I think the coaching staff doesn't want to shake up the line at all. They think the interior OL is all fine and dandy because the Broncos led the NFL in rushing last year, nevermind that we led the league in attempts and Tebow run the zone option off-tackle for over 600 yards.

Maybe the coaching staff is right, and the interior OL will pull it together. Considering that they spent all week focusing on interior OL play, they know it's a problem. I guess we'll find out a little bit tonight. :sunshine:

pricejj
08-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Without Tebow carrying the rock, this Offense hasn't been able to pick up 3rd and short, for 3 years now. Both Elway and Manning know, that to win the Superbowl, you have to be able to depend on getting rushing 1st downs in crucial situations.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Just noticed this.

Mikey got cheap beause he was blowing his budget/cap on big name "quick fix" FAs and started DAFTING 4th or later small guys because he could not afford the quality guys in the 1-2 rounds. They worked ok in the she until we got inside the 20 but rarely could we Open up holes inside the five (thus Elam a league leader in FGs) or on third and short.

But what the hell we we're winning lots of early games and he has a winning record and the #2 offense (between the 20s) the year he was fired.

Some folks do not get that was a huge reason why he got fired his failure in playoffs when the big boys come to play. And we were getting out aases kicked because we faded every year. Because our guys started out at 285 and were most likely ending up at 270 pr so after 16 games.

We were getting our asses kicked in the 60s with 270 pound OL. Why did the moron think we could win like that in the new century.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Shanny thought that he could develop every late rounder into guys like Nalen and Schlereth. That's the main reason we had so many red-zone problems. Both those guys were inhumanly strong with elite technique.

Beadles and Walton...not so much.

DBroncos4life
08-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Shanny thought that he could develop every late rounder into guys like Nalen and Schlereth. That's the main reason we had so many red-zone problems. Both those guys were inhumanly strong with elite technique.

Beadles and Walton...not so much.

Shanny also spent first rounders on Foster and Clady. The problem is more teams started coping our zone blocking system which made our late round OLD picks harder to come by.

UberBroncoMan
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I really really wish we had...

Clady - Franklin - Saturday - Kuper - Harris

Still no idea why this team is obsessed with Franklin being our RT.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Obj iosly you are not going to change my mind and your not going to get what I'm saying and typing on a smart phone is screwing up my filet a chicken lunch.

Priorities man! The only reason to screw up a Chic-Fil-A lunch is if nukes are coming down, and even then, I would probably finish my chicken sandwich.

I get what you're saying, I just have a much lower opinion of the current interior OL than you do. :sunshine:

lonestar
08-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Shanny also spent first rounders on Foster and Clady. The problem is more teams started coping our zone blocking system which made our late round OLD picks harder to come by.

DING DING DING finally someone has understood what I have been saying for about 6 years..

PLUS the DC are now paying more attention to more teams.

At the onset it was ONE team in the AFCW playing ZBS for most of the teams it was once every 7 years they saw us.. BFD they flat did not worry about one pissants team they never saw to develop a defense against us..

for those that did see us more often, they knew that we could not move the rock inside the 20 so gave up a FG and then went and scored a TD they laughed all day at our high-powered O.. Knowing that our D could not stop them from scoring.. and we could not get 7 if we had to..

But all of Y'all kept thinking that Tanahan was the greatest thing since sliced bread because we won games early and had a great O..

then could not figure out why we faded down the stretch and alway got our ass kicked in the play offs..

BUT BUT BUt our offense was number 2 everyone was joyous. After all mikey kept telling everyone we were close one or two players would do the trick.. wait till next year and surely mikey will draft someone on D..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

most of you Madden Morons never have figured it out. have you..
never happened did it..

he left us with a shell of a team of its former glory and Defensive players that said they felt like second class citizens..

But mikey was the ****s wasn't he..

DENVERDUI55
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM

One guy doesn't count as others said he tried the skilled but undersized late round picks or converted TE. We struggled running short yardage because of lack of size and physical presence not because of scheme.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Priorities man! The only reason to screw up a Chic-Fil-A lunch is if nukes are coming down, and even then, I would probably finish my chicken sandwich.

I get what you're saying, I just have a much lower opinion of the current interior OL than you do. :sunshine:

At this point I have no Opine on the group, as I have yet to see them play in the new O..

Da Bears will present a challenge which I will see at 10PM this evening on NFLN..

My opinion is you do not screw up continuity UNLESS someone is heads and above better than who is playing there..

By heads above I'm talking IMO they would have to past PRO BOWL players or top ten draftees.

I would never move a true OT to a guard spot unless of an injury.. Considering we have a HOF QB that has made every player around him look better than they were.. I want to see how they play..

I do not have a hard on for Josh's Players like some do..

Nor am I in a bromance with them..

I'm an equal opportunity guy that if the coach says he has to go, I'm going to go with what he says cause he is the pro and as far as I can see John has a very good coaching staff..

Heads above anything that Tanahan ever had..

Tanahan had zero creds after the same end of season presser he had for about 4 years straight after one of them I thought something sounded like I had heard it before.. so went back to see them on the web site they were almost verbatim..

after I called it on the old mania site it was not to long after they pulled the old ones out of the viewing area.. now maybe that was making room for more or just embarassing I do not know..

lonestar
08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
One guy doesn't count as others said he tried the skilled but undersized late round picks or converted TE. We struggled running short yardage because of lack of size and physical presence not because of scheme.

I do not get why so many folks turned a blind eye to this..

it was plain to anyone that was paying attention..

late season fades as well as getting our ass kicked in playoffs were all teh teams are good teams.

No trap games there unless of course you were NE coming to DEN in the year 2006..

OUR ONLY playoff win under Tanahan after the super bowl wins..

then our OL was a sieve against PIT the next week..

Hell some of the Defenders were back in the pocket before Jake got there on a few plays..

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
the OL looked great on the first drive against the Bears

lonestar
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
the OL looked great on the first drive against the Bears

Yep I thought everyone looked pretty good either in pass protect or run blocking.. replayed alot of the plays to see who was or was not blocking..

No real issues I saw..

just like in most of these threads it is chicken little the sky is falling..

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Yep I thought everyone looked pretty good either in pass protect or run blocking.. replayed alot of the plays to see who was or was not blocking..

No real issues I saw..

I started this thread last December....I still have concerns.

barryr
08-09-2012, 08:06 PM
The Broncos for many years have been weak in short yardage. Really since TD retired, the Broncos have failed so many 3rd and 1 type running plays, mainly to being smaller inside on the OL.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Wasn't able to see much of the game, but the pass protection looked really solid from what I could see. :thumbsup:

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 10:31 PM

No real issues I saw..

One preseason game doesn't wipe out the fact that Walton and Beadles have been two of the worst starting linemen in the league for the past few years. Come on now.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
One preseason game doesn't wipe out the fact that Walton and Beadles have been two of the worst starting linemen in the league for the past few years. Come on now.

But it means that finally with good coaching and MANNING behind them they should not be as bad as you seem to want them to be,,

come on now..

I have played in the OL and KNOW what continuity means..

have you?

Have heard your a troll but also seem to have seen a few good posts from you..

which is it.. troll or good positive poster?

bronco militia
09-23-2012, 05:14 PM
not a good day..... it's time for kuper to get healthy

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:16 PM
They had me fooled after week one. I thought they had turned the corner. Nope, they still suck. And despite what all the dip****s on this board claimed, a bad o-line doesn't just go away because you have Peyton Manning.

Broncoman13
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Need Kupe back in a bad way. Ramirez had his head down trying to block Watts. Kupe will make a difference!

Gort
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
The Broncos for many years have been weak in short yardage. Really since TD retired, the Broncos have failed so many 3rd and 1 type running plays, mainly to being smaller inside on the OL.

we were good with Mike Anderson. since he left, not so much.

Gort
09-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Wasn't able to see much of the game, but the pass protection looked really solid from what I could see. :thumbsup:

not really. Manning was scrambling and under pressure much of the game... and it was instantaneous pressure. the OL was pushed back 2 yards immediately after the ball was snapped. when Manning is in the shotgun, that's ok. when he takes the snap from under center, it's a problem.

oubronco
09-23-2012, 05:43 PM
They need Kuper back in a bad way

backup qb
09-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Interior o-line was dreadful. Ramirez is worse than awful.

backup qb
09-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Would like to hear thoughts on Franklin today.

swaiy
09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
The Texans DL is filthy. Their pass rush from the front four reminds me of the Giants. I wont even mention how bad Ramirez got abused.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
not really. Manning was scrambling and under pressure much of the game... and it was instantaneous pressure. the OL was pushed back 2 yards immediately after the ball was snapped. when Manning is in the shotgun, that's ok. when he takes the snap from under center, it's a problem.

Did you notice when the post you're responding to was made?

backup qb
09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
The Texans DL is filthy. Their pass rush from the front four reminds me of the Giants. I wont even mention how bad Ramirez got abused.

Yeah, the world was introduced to JJ Watt today.For those who weren't aware that is.

Gort
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Did you notice when the post you're responding to was made?

sorry, no.but it happens when people bump old threads because they think they're being clever. not going to lose any sleep over it.

nyuk nyuk
09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Would like to hear thoughts on Franklin today.

Inconsistent as always.

TheChamp24
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I feel the OT's did decent, but the interior got absolutely manhandled today. ESPCIALLY Ramirez, who was at somepoints just a turnstile for the Texans DL.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 09:47 PM
we were good with Mike Anderson. since he left, not so much.

And Mike A was 225+ as was Mike Bell but since they did not fit Tanahans idea of ideal back 205-215 he traded them both after good seasons..

they golden inside the five in fact at one point in the season Mike bell had more TDs than yards..

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Watts was a man among boys. He is a great player and has been out of the gate even as a rookie.

TheChamp24
09-24-2012, 06:08 AM
And Mike A was 225+ as was Mike Bell but since they did not fit Tanahans idea of ideal back 205-215 he traded them both after good seasons..

they golden inside the five in fact at one point in the season Mike bell had more TDs than yards..

wtf is this ****...
Anderson's last season in Denver, in 2005, he put up solid numbers. But he was a free agent, 32 years old.
He goes to Baltimore, and does nothing.
Mike Bell was "okay" his rookie year in 2006, didn't do squat in 2007, and quite frankly was average AT BEST in New Orleans, for 1 season, and his other seasons he sucked.

socalorado
09-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Manny Ramirez was butt raped all game.
Need Kupe back BAD.
Walton actually held his own.
JJWatt was just relentless.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
wtf is this ****...
Anderson's last season in Denver, in 2005, he put up solid numbers. But he was a free agent, 32 years old.
He goes to Baltimore, and does nothing.
Mike Bell was "okay" his rookie year in 2006, didn't do squat in 2007, and quite frankly was average AT BEST in New Orleans, for 1 season, and his other seasons he sucked.

lets see 32 years old but only actually had 6 years playing in the NFL it was not like he had 12 years like your implying.. and actually it was just 5 years because he was on IR for all of 04.. and in 05 when he put up a thousand + yards kind of proved that he had the right stuff but frankly he was not Mikeys style being a 230 pound back.

in Baltimore he was running behind who? Maghee in 2007 who was putting up thousand yard seasons..

the fact was mikey did not like big backs never had one that stayed on the roster other than for BLOCKING.. when MA saw he could run in the NFL he wanted to do so and mikeys CUT him to save cap space.. a whooping 3 mill IIRC..

as for Bell he had 8 TD that first year over 800 yards for the team and was almost unstoppable inside the 2.. averaged 4.3 a carry for the year.. which was .1 of a yard behind tater that year who was the feature back.. who BTW was traded to DET after that same season..

Mikey did not like big backs because they could not take it the house but then neither did tater more than twice..

your hero Tanahan screwed the pooch on the two mikes..

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Manny Ramirez was butt raped all game.
Need Kupe back BAD.
Walton actually held his own.
JJWatt was just relentless.

I'm not all that sure Kupe would have made a huge difference..

there are game changers and HOU has a couple of them.. If Kupe had been a bit better than they would have went after Franklin or someone else.. Clady led the league in holds last year, Walton was the worst center according to some self proclaimed experts and Beadle swell he got beat up alot also..

Manning makes thing better but he is not the MAGIC BULLET some of you thought him to be..

HOU was the better team and unless they get killed with injuries will most likely be going very deep into the playoffs..

Hey folks accept we are not as good as most thought and need somemore quality players to be consistent in winning games..

Frankly I'm tired of wining late in the game with heroics from Tebow or Manning or in the past John..

I'd love to have a team that flat kicks ass all the time all 4 quarters and leaves no doubt who the better team is.. Anyone out there with me?

Heyneck
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I though having PM back there made them automatically Pro Bowlers?

Kupe can't came back soon enough! If he is back and full strength and the lines keep sucking like it has, then we will know what most of us knew... that Beadles and Walton are below average players!!!

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I though having PM back there made them automatically Pro Bowlers?

Kupe can't came back soon enough! If he is back and full strength and the lines keep sucking like it has, then we will know what most of us knew... that Beadles and Walton are below average players!!!

We know no such thing if they continue to come over or through someone else then we know that player is the weak link..

the kids JD, Beadles and Franklin..have come a very long way since last year..

Maybe even Mr. Hold (Clady) seems to have righted his ship or maybe it is just because it is contract time..

Playing OL is a TEAM thing it is rarely one player at fault.. they work as a unit..

Would we be better if we had Pouncy probably but this FO is not ready to invest # 1s on the LOS players yet.. May never get there.. but as the rest of the team gets upgraded there will be a time..