PDA

View Full Version : How upset should we be with this loss?

Goobzilla
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM
I liked a lot of what I saw today except for the mistakes and penalties. We clean up our act and with a healthy BDawk and we can hang with these guys in the playoffs.

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
meh i just hated how it went down to tell you the truth.

snowspot66
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Need a new game plan though. Not like this coaching staff to lay such a turd for the defensive game plan.

Good news is if we do end up in the playoffs and play the Pats I like our odds better after a loss than a win.

spdirty
Not really upset. Thanks to Detroit we still have a 1 game lead + tiebreaker.

Bronco_Beerslug
Not upset at all, their offense is far superior to ours. I would have been surprised and really happy if we could have beat them.

fontaine
Some of it was good, but the OL continues to make consistent mistakes in pass blocking.

I've lost count of how many times Beadles/Walton/Clady got absolutely owned today. Half of the time Tebow was running for his life out there.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with Clady but he's gone from stud to dud.

DarkHorse
12-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Not a bad loss at all.

Face it we're a young rebuilding team coming off of a 4-12 season - by all rights we have no business being in the position that we're in. Take this loss as a lesson learned, finish the season strong and remember that when we play top level teams in the playoffs that we have to play mistake free ball. The teams we'll face (hopefully) in the playoffs will take full advantage of turnovers.

Not a bad loss considering.

Goobzilla
Our kid safeties aren't ready for primetime. Those TE's are tough!

Armchair Bronco
Turnovers killed us in the 2nd.

Also: horrid clock management by Fox, and pigheadedness by Fox not benching Cosby early on.

Other than turnovers, the big surprise was the lack of pressure from the D line. Very, VERY disappointed in that. I think the defensive schemes were as bad today as our worst offensive schemes in the past.

myMind
Not very...we were a scrub team at the start of the season and now were upper middle class.

Ratboy
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm disappointed we couldn't get pressure.

This loss is on the defense.

go_broncos
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I am disappointed at McGahee..He is always hurt.

Garcia Bronco
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I am not disappointed at all.

lolcopter
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Not very

Gotta clean up the stupid mistakes and stop being so timid on defense

You knew the pats were going to push the issue, and our defense just wasn't up to the challenge today. Combined with the turnovers and stupid penalties we pretty much did ourselves in today

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Turnover are momentum killers. We owned the 1st quarter; then NE clawed back in the game in 2nd and then ran away with things before halftime.

I blame the 2 early turnovers more than anything else.

oubronco
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM

All the non called holding played a major factor in not being able to put pressure on Brady

TonyR
12-18-2011, 05:31 PM
A little annoying that Kyle Orton and the Chiefs beat the best team in the league today in their building and we got blown out in ours.

Armchair Bronco
Not very

Gotta clean up the stupid mistakes and stop being so timid on defense

You knew the pats were going to push the issue, and our defense just wasn't up to the challenge today. Combined with the turnovers and stupid penalties we pretty much did ourselves in today

Yeah, there were some ill-timed, stupid penalties. Usually after we had stopped the Pats on 3rd-and-long.

Mogulseeker
Liked what I saw, but we should be upset with the turnovers, and lack of pressure on Brady.

I said the key matchup before the game was our linebackers vs. Pats TE's, and they obviously won that battle.

Bronx33
Turnover are momentum killers. We owned the 1st quarter; then NE clawed back in the game in 2nd and then ran away with things before halftime.

I blame the 2 early turnovers more than anything else.

clawed? turnovers inside the 50 make it easy to claw your way back in.

MortonToMoses
Can't be too upset. No way to win this game being -3 in turnovers. Defense is good but not dominant. Tebow showing steady improvement. Sure beats the hell out of the Mcdaniels years.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
meh i just hated how it went down to tell you the truth.

This.

I really didnt expect to win, but losing the way we did hurt.

Gotta take care of business these next two games. Hope we do.

broncosteven
None, they proved they could start fast and hang with the NFL's best. Would have been different game without the TO's.

I hate to complain about the officals but they were especially bad today.

TonyR

I said all week leading up to this game that it's hard to pressure Brady. He gets rid of the ball quickly, spreads it around, and if you blitz him too much and he kills you.

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Sucks but they are where we want to be. Still positives to take, and a lot of growing to do.

SonOfLe-loLang
Liked what I saw, but we should be upset with the turnovers, and lack of pressure on Brady.

I said the key matchup before the game was our linebackers vs. Pats TE's, and they obviously won that battle.

The TO's suck, but its not a result of any offensive design. Just careless. All fumbles are just that. Careless and a bit random.

Lycan
Not upset really about the loss, but dis-heartened a bit by how we lost.

The game was right there for us early but we just gave it to them.

Spider
not at all .... just got to clean it up a bit , 3 turnovers in a row .......then that stupid hands to the face penalty on 3 rd and long ...... NE to good of a team to do that with

Vine
12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Pretty frustrated, because of the turnovers and lopsided officiating.

But I guess it's encouraging at the same time, because if Ball don't fumble, who knows what would have happened

Steve Prefontaine
A little annoying that Kyle Orton and the Chiefs beat the best team in the league today in their building and we got blown out in ours.

Why is that annoying? And orton who?

canadianbroncosfan
Not really upset. Thanks to Detroit we still have a 1 game lead + tiebreaker.

Over both Oakland and the Chargers. Gentlemen and Ladies, if we beat Buffalo next week, WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AS AFC WEST CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Bronkota
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bronkota/reddit.gif

The loss really means nothing except being embarassed at home. Dissapointed by the roar coming through the speakers when NE did something. Must have been alot of NE fans at the game.......

Broncosfreak_56
I expected a loss. What I am most disappointed about were the stupid mistakes we were constantly making throughout the game.

ICON
Not really upset. Thanks to Detroit I was watching this game at the same time and carson palmer looked great but ! Love-in how they choked in the end.

Houshyamama
Rahim Moore sucks at tackling. SUCKS.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm not horribly upset. Patriots are a good team, and gifting them 3 turnovers will equal a bad day for you.

That said...these refs sometimes make me want to eat babies. Horrible noncalls all day.

:Broncos:

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Here's the front page of Drudge:

Natedog24
12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Disappointed because we committed so many mistakes, but not because of the loss. I watched the end of the Oakland game and that cheered me up real fast ;D

Spider
12-18-2011, 05:37 PM

we can point to several players that sucked today ,Just to many mental mistakes

Lycan

This is true. He looks decent in coverage though, Carter is the exact opposite. And his tackling also isn't great.

At least they are only rookies, they can get better. If Dawkins can't teach you how to tackle at the safety position there is no hope for you.

barryr
I'm not that upset since the weaknesses I see in this team that I have mentioned more then once before this game were all shown today.

Lack of a pass rush when Miller isn't in the game or healthy.

Other than Champ, not much at CB at all. Goodman has had some moments here and there, but no way should he be back next year.

Nobody on offense with great speed to make big plays. Royal is a waste, small and plays slow.

So disappointed they lost, but not in the end of the world. The offense and Tebow started great, but the defense could never get off the field, so the Bronco offense had limited possessions.

Maybe there will be idiots who will say Tebow lost this game, but this team is rebuilding and I have stated they need at least one more good draft and free agency to really become true contenders. Them being in playoff contention this late in the season is great and good for them to build on. But all you have to do is look at the roster and see there are weak spots and depth issues.

LetsGoBroncos
I liked a lot of what I saw today except for the mistakes and penalties. We clean up our act and with a healthy BDawk and we can hang with these guys in the playoffs.

This was a very winnable game if we don't turn the ball over and kill ourselves. We would have scored at least 33

Archer81
12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Still in first place, two games to go. If Denver is angry about the way they played today, then take it out on Buffalo Saturday.

Kid A
12-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Lions comeback salvaged a lot of frustration for me. Sucks that it should have been an exciting game down to the finish, but that 2nd quarter showing was a textbook "not ready for prime time" performance. But that's hardly a surprise in a squad this young. Great opportunity next couple weeks to achieve goals nobody though possible a couple months ago.

Cito Pelon
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Not much.

Steve Prefontaine
Not upset at all. Team has overschieved this year. Patriots are a better team. They won. We still have a shot at the division. The pats are our worst matchup so I would rather play anyone but them in the playoffs.

houghtam
Over both Oakland and the Chargers. Gentlemen and Ladies, if we beat Buffalo next week, WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AS AFC WEST CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Not true. If we win at Buffalo but lose against KC, we end up 9-7 with a 3-3 division record.

If Oakland wins out, they end up 9-7 with a 4-2 division record.

We need to win against KC. Regardless of what happens next week, if we beat KC the week after, we win the division with about 99% certainty.

Broncos_OTM
Turnovers killed us in the 2nd.

Also: horrid clock management by Fox, and pigheadedness by Fox not benching Cosby early on.

Other than turnovers, the big surprise was the lack of pressure from the D line. Very, VERY disappointed in that. I think the defensive schemes were as bad today as our worst offensive schemes in the past.

Brady is very good when he has to get rid of the ball quickly to neautralize a good pass rush

MortonToMoses
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM

I don't think so. If we beat the Chiefs in the last game, we are in. Buffalo game only matters if Oakland loses next week.

Armchair Bronco
Tebow's numbers were very good:

Passing: 11/22, 194 yards, 0 INT, 0 TD

Rushing: 12/93, 2 TD's, long of 30

Armchair Bronco
Brady is very good when he has to get rid of the ball quickly to neautralize a good pass rush

But I don't think our pass rush today was "good". It was pretty much non-existent.

gyldenlove
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
It was a good game, we got to compare ourselves to a super bowl caliber team and we are not that far off, if we limit stupid turnovers in our own end we are right there with them - that is good new.

We still have some limitations on defense but another offseason will go a long way towards helping that.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Not true. If we win at Buffalo but lose against KC, we end up 9-7 with a 3-3 division record.

If Oakland wins out, they end up 9-7 with a 4-2 division record.

We need to win against KC. Regardless of what happens next week, if we beat KC the week after, we win the division with about 99% certainty.

Yes, coming into this week, the easiest path to the playoffs (realistically) was oakland losing one and us beating KC. One down, one to go.

BroncoBen
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
bI liked a lot of what I saw today except for the mistakes and penalties. We clean up our act and with a healthy BDawk and we can hang with these guys in the playoffs.

The pats have a good team, more so with their offence.. but still a goodteam.

Broncoman13
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Disappointed that we lost but not upset or surprised really. We struggle against good passing teams. Packers, Lions, Raiders, Pats... all of them passed really well against us. Hell if Christian Ponder can go for 300 against us with basically one receiver what do you think the Pats are going to do? Honestly, I'm a little nervous to see what Fitzpatrick can do against our defense.

All in all though, I'm not upset. This is supposed to be a three year rebuilding project. We aren't as good as our record shows, but we're ahead of the power curve in the rebuild. Some fans need to find some perspective.

Paladin
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
It was a good game, we got to compare ourselves to a super bowl caliber team and we are not that far off, if we limit stupid turnovers in our own end we are right there with them - that is good new.

We still have some limitations on defense but another offseason will go a long way towards helping that.

I agree. Not too long ago a lot of peeps around here were hoping for a 6 or 8 win season. Well, the dicussion is loftier than that. But these guys are still pretty inexperienced. The Ss got schooled and they did not cover the TEs very well. Now, another fat guy on the Dline and a couple of faster LBs, and I think the boys become much more competitive. Also, need a RB to spell MaGahee, and they need to teach guys how to not fumble. Ball's fumble was, IMHOm the killer It stopped a drive, and it gave up some points..

Mouth
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
3 turnovers and 17 points for NE off of said TO's killed us. Or D was exposed for what they really are. 2 Really good DB's and the rest are suspect. TT made some good plays, but he missed a few too. Our O line is still bad in pass protection, like they have been all year. We can bounce back from this, and I am pretty sure we will. The OAK loss helps a LOT and it makes KC the game that matters. A lot of good things to take from this game. Next week is a clean slate, and I feel bad for the Bills already.

Mouth

Hamrob
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I hated this game.

We gave it to them. 3 f'ing turnovers lost this game.

It's too bad, because we just don't know whether we could have given them a go.

Our defense was absolutely pathetic. All this media whining about Tebow getting too much credit and the real story being our defense. Well, anytime we play a really good team...they wilt! What a waste of a pick Moore was...and Carter...average at best!

Que
Not. Am fine with this loss

Armchair Bronco
I agree. Not too long ago a lot of peeps around here were hoping for a 6 or 8 win season. Well, the dicussion is loftier than that. But these guys are still pretty inexperienced. The Ss got schooled and they did not cover the TEs very well. Now, another fat guy on the Dline and a couple of faster LBs, and I think the boys become much more competitive. Also, need a RB to spell MaGahee, and they need to teach guys how to not fumble. Ball's fumble was, IMHOm the killer It stopped a drive, and it gave up some points..

I think Tebow's fumble was just as bad. His fumble led directly to 7 points for NE.

Hamrob
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
We absolutely have to beat the Bills...or that's all she wrote folks!

BroncoBen
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
But I don't think our pass rush today was "good". It was pretty much non-existent.

The hurry up worked well today for the Pats, the Broncos had no answer for it.

Broncomutt
I knew NE was gonna score on us, but it was still frustrating because it looked early like we could hang with them and keep Brady off the field. Then we just imploded.

Our secondary and LBs in coverage are terrible (excluding Champ). And when I heard Dawk was out, oh man. I realize Moore and Carter are rookies, but that doesn't mean they've never tackled before either. They keep this up they may be 'camp meat' in a couple years.

Still, I'm optimistic, which is odd for me after a loss. This may not be our year, but I do think we are moving, long term, in the right direction.

SonOfLe-loLang
I think Tebow's fumble was just as bad. His fumble led directly to 7 points for NE.

I think they were all equally crappy.

Archer81
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM

How do you figure? If the raiders win, both teams end up being 8-7 with a game left to play.

BowlenBall
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Not true... if we lose to the Bills and beat the Chiefs, we still clinch, no matter what Oakland does.

Conversely, if we beat the Bills, lose to the Chiefs, and the Raiders win out, then we have to hope for a wild card spot.

ScottXray
12-18-2011, 05:59 PM

Yes, BUT the 3 turnovers gave NE all the momentum. They got 17 points off those and that turned the game around.

I'm not upset with the loss, as I didn't think we would win, but did hope so.
Detroit beating the Raiders is the saving grace, and I'm even happy the Chiefs beat GB. I was getting so sick of GB getting every call and acting like their Defense was so good. I fully expect NO to take them down if that is for the NFCC. Nobody can continue to play as well as Rodgers has been doing for so long, so they are ripe to get picked off.

As far as particular players, Dawkins being out hurt us a lot, and it showed. Carter is absolute Dog **** and showed it today. He is too slow and too late and can't even catch anyone with a 1 yard lead on him.

The defensive scheme was not too good today, and the rush was terrible becasue of it. It also didn't help that NE wasn't called for any penalties unitl late in the 4th.

Tankgunner95
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Not true... if we lose to the Bills and beat the Chiefs, we still clinch, no matter what Oakland does.

Conversely, if we beat the Bills, lose to the Chiefs, and the Raiders win out, then we have to hope for a wild card spot.

I'm proud of our team, but our team got beat today. Not one person but the whole team. Some people of lost the fact this is the ultimate team sport. We did not even come close to playing our best game. I think we missed Dawkins leadership on D. This lose could be a blessing and bring our team down to earth and play even better.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Ummmm...wrong.

Im fairly certain we can lose next week, beat the chiefs and we're in.

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I expected to lose, but from being the inferior team, not from shooting ourselves in the foot a billion times.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM

In a day of huge Mane drama queens, i think you've been the most "fabulous"

hambone13
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
All the non called holding played a major factor in not being able to put pressure on Brady

I hate to make excuses but I was so pissed about non calls for us today. It didn't seem fair. They were getting all the calls while I was watching **** that made me want to punch holes in my own dry-wall towards us. I don't expect it to be perfect but that head official always seems to find something for big market teams against us. I realize I'm being sensitive about officiating and that makes me feel weak in general but I don't bitch about this issue much.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
This loss is just a reality-check for Bronco fans. We have massive needs all over the place, and a QB who is still learning how to play at the NFL level. We showed that we can play with a good team today, but that in the end we basically need to be perfect (within our talent limitations) to hope to beat them unless they really screw up.

Inkana7
I hated this game.

We gave it to them. 3 f'ing turnovers lost this game.

It's too bad, because we just don't know whether we could have given them a go.

Our defense was absolutely pathetic. All this media whining about Tebow getting too much credit and the real story being our defense. Well, anytime we play a really good team...they wilt! What a waste of a pick Moore was...and Carter...average at best!

Our Rookie Safeties played really bad, but I'm not going to use their performance versus a HoF QB directing a passing attack designed around TEs and Slot Receivers as some sort of litmus test for them. Hopefully they can get better.

Archer81
I expected to lose, but from being the inferior team, not from shooting ourselves in the foot a billion times.

NE did not stop Denver. Denver stopped Denver. 3 fumbles = 13 NE points. Ah well. Learning experience. On to Buffalo.

hambone13
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM

We didn't get blown out. We got beat. Their team played better for 4 quarters than ours. Our 2nd and 3rd quarters were horrific. Bottom line, the turn-overs.

go_broncos
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Starting with Mcd..we never seem to utilize TE in passing game.I was just hoping that we do it next game.

Broncoman13
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Everybody thinks the Faiders are going to win out... They have to play SD still and SD is actually playing good football to end the year... As usual. I'm not super confident we will beat the Bills. I don't think we have an answer for Spiller who I think is very similar to Percy Harvin.

Did Jeremiah Johnson get injured today? Why only run Ball? We need to address RB during the offseason. McGahee going down hurt worse than Dawk being out.

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
This loss is just a reality-check for Bronco fans. We have massive needs all over the place, and a QB who is still learning how to play at the NFL level. We showed that we can play with a good team today, but that in the end we basically need to be perfect (within our talent limitations) to hope to beat them unless they really screw up.

Yep, our previous winning streak made us forget that Tebow only has 12 total starts under his belt along with receivers who drop lots of ball, an old starting RB, and a very suspect secondary.

All things considered, we're still in a great position for the playoffs, and Tebow has been getting better every week.

Armchair Bronco
12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Everybody thinks the Faiders are going to win out... They have to play SD still and SD is actually playing good football to end the year... As usual. I'm not super confident we will beat the Bills. I don't think we have an answer for Spiller who I think is very similar to Percy Harvin.

Did Jeremiah Johnson get injured today? Why only run Ball? We need to address RB during the offseason. McGahee going down hurt worse than Dawk being out.

I don't think we can rely on McGahee being our starter next year. He's a great player and I hope he's still around as a backup, but he's no longer durable.

bombay
12-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Not very.

ElwayMD
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I hated how we coughed up the football 3 times. If we played flawless and lost I wouldn't have so many "what ifs".

RhymesayersDU
12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm actually happy with the way we played. We had 1 bad quarter where we turned the ball over 3 times. That sucked. But the other 3 quarters, I'm fine with. We played them pretty even in those quarters. Also liked that we started fast today.

OrangeSe7en
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM

It's hard to be too upset. We've been really good at minimizing mistakes. Not only did those cost us 17 pts but it completely dictated strategy in terms of how the game was called.

I'll also say that I can't wait for Von to get his cast off. It seems to be slowing him down on his pass rushes.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I hated how we coughed up the football 3 times. If we played flawless and lost I wouldn't have so many "what ifs".

Its all good and it works both ways. What if Marion Barber doesnt go out of bounds? You dont win last week either....but you did! You guys have gotton your share of breaks this year.

You will still win the division this year unless you melt down. Buffalo is awful right now.

Tankgunner95
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
NE did not stop Denver. Denver stopped Denver. 3 fumbles = 13 NE points. Ah well. Learning experience. On to Buffalo.

This enough said Buffalo here we come!

OrangeSe7en
12-18-2011, 06:30 PM

Hey, chiefs fan. Go hang out at the chiefs' message boards. This way we won't have to watch you retard up this message board.

broncosteven
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting with Mcd..we never seem to utilize TE in passing game.I was just hoping that we do it next game.

Actually they tried to use Fells and Thomas even featuring Fells in the 1st game of the year but they (most notably Thomas) had some bad drops.

I figure they are using them for run support especially with Tebow doing the zone/read thing, it is hard for them to be playmakers blocking in that system.

Tim had Fells wide open once today and chose to go deeper, it wasn't a game killer, the 3 TO's were.

I do think we draft/sign a playmaker at TE, a good safety valve TE will lengthen Tebows career.

DenverBound
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
3 turnovers and 17 points for NE off of said TO's killed us. Or D was exposed for what they really are. 2 Really good DB's and the rest are suspect. TT made some good plays, but he missed a few too. Our O line is still bad in pass protection, like they have been all year. We can bounce back from this, and I am pretty sure we will. The OAK loss helps a LOT and it makes KC the game that matters. A lot of good things to take from this game. Next week is a clean slate, and I feel bad for the Bills already.

Mouth

Can you stop signing your fuvking posts? Jeez, man. Your not going to be setting any trends here... Give it up already..

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Our mistakes killed us today. Our D did a good enough job for us to win. losing the TO battle 3-0 will kill most any team. The TO's are what killed us while Orton was the QB, and they continue to be our bane. Fox ball would have won the game today. THis actually gives me a LOT of hope going foreward.

Mouth

elsid13
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
This team has been playing good ball, but it's far for an elite team. Today just reinforced that fact. We are year 1 of 3 year rebuilding process before we will be back to a perennial playoff/superbowl team.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Can you stop signing your fuvking posts? Jeez, man. Your not going to be setting any trends here... Give it up already..

No.

Mouth

OrangeSe7en
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
This team has been playing good ball, but it's far for an elite team. Today just reinforced that fact. We are year 1 of 3 year rebuilding process before we will be back to a perennial playoff/superbowl team.

Actually, when you look at how badly the Jets lost to the Patriots last year during the regular season, you could have said the same thing about them. No one would have expected them to thump NE in the playoffs and end up in the AFC Ch game. And we actually didnt even look as bad as the Jets did last year during that game.

Having said that, I still say the Ravens and Steelers are the class of the AFC.

Agamemnon
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

There have been a lot of people arguing against taking a running back early next draft, but I think all of McGahee's injuries are really making it clear that we really need to address the position. Especially considering Fox clearly wants to be a run first team going forward.

DenverBound
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
No.

Mouth

Can we institute a perma ban for anyone that signs their posts? Seriously...

houghtam
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM

I don't think everyone thinks the Raiders will win out, they're simply pointing out the fact that the Buffalo game means (almost) absolutely nothing unless Oakland loses. It doesn't mean anything for seeding, common opponents, anything like that. If Oakland beats KC next week, we HAVE to beat KC as well. And that's the way it should be.

TD4HOF
Lose the turnover battle 3-zip and that's it, PERIOD. All during the 2nd half I was begging for a big game changing turnover by Denver. It never came and they lost. Anything else is static.

*Whoops, I mean a game changer BY our defense, of course.

WolfpackGuy
Even with a perfect performance, it was going to be tough.

Throw in 3 turnovers in your own end, and well, everyone saw what happened.

Not that upset.

Just go and handle business the next two weeks.

houghtam
12-18-2011, 06:59 PM
There have been a lot of people arguing against taking a running back early next draft, but I think all of McGahee's injuries are really making it clear that we really need to address the position. Especially considering Fox clearly wants to be a run first team going forward.

This may be true, but we need to face the fact that although we're a slightly better than average team, we have a lot of holes to fill. With what we saw with our defense getting exposed in the middle of the field today, I personally find it hard to believe that RB is a greater need than someone to take over for Dawkins and Bailey that can cover and tackle. Not someone who can lay the wood, and not necessarily a ball hawk. Just a solid coverage DB that can wrap up. I'm sick and tired of seeing people whiff while going for the big hit, or making the wrong decision and leaving a receiver open over the middle of the field to run for a big gain.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Can we institute a perma ban for anyone that signs their posts? Seriously...

That would have to be the weakest reason for a perma-ban I have ever heard of. Get over it man, it's not hurting anybody. At this point I'm laughing at the people who care about it.

Mouth

razorwire77
12-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Although disappointing, I'm optimistic after this game. This wasn't like a Colts playoff prepare your anus type beating. Thomas continues took look more like a no. 1 WR than a bust. Tebow made some nice reads even before NE went into a shell. We ran all over NE for huge chunks of the game. There were individual drives where the defense was solid and got decent pressure. The team was inconsistent. Inconsistent in applying pressure, inconsistent in coverage and inconsistent on offense. All-in-all, New England did what good teams do. They took advantage of three terrible turnovers and used their offensive weapons to take advantage of a team starting a rookie SS, a rookie FS and Andre Goodman.

Take away a couple of turnovers and this is a single possession game either way going into 4th quarter. No reason for the extreme butt hurt that some people are showing. The entire basis for how this team was winning is being conservative, and safe with the ball. The team didn't protect the ball, and they lost. Simple stuff.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Although disappointing, I'm optimistic after this game. This wasn't like a Colts playoff prepare your anus type beating. Thomas continues took look more like a no. 1 WR than a bust. Tebow made some nice reads even before NE went into a shell. We ran all over NE for huge chunks of the game. There were individual drives where the defense was solid and got decent pressure. The team was inconsistent. Inconsistent in applying pressure, inconsistent in coverage and inconsistent on offense. All-in-all, New England did what good teams do. They took advantage of three terrible turnovers and used their offensive weapons to take advantage of a team starting a rookie SS, a rookie FS and Andre Goodman.

Take away a couple of turnovers and this is a single possession game either way going into 4th quarter. No reason for the extreme butt hurt that some people are showing. The entire basis for how this team was winning is being conservative, and safe with the ball. The team didn't protect the ball, and they lost. Simple stuff.

QFT

Mouth

vonqkilla
12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
I dont think Champ saw a pass today. Amazing.

Chris Harris holding penalty...bs

Fumbles...stupid

Clock management...dumb

We beat ourselves as much as they beat us.

Gotta do better, Fitzpatrick and Buffalo will spread us the same way.

theAPAOps5
12-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I dont think Champ saw a pass today. Amazing.

Chris Harris holding penalty...bs

Fumbles...stupid

Clock management...dumb

We beat ourselves as much as they beat us.

Gotta do better, Fitzpatrick and Buffalo will spread us the same way.

Except they don't have two GIANT freaks at TE, a slot WR who is freakish quick, and a potential HOF QB.

That said, lets hope the defense can recoup. Bunkley got hurt but walked off the field. Dawkins needs to get healthy and we need Willis to stay in a game down the stretch.

vonqkilla
12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Except they don't have two GIANT freaks at TE, a slot WR who is freakish quick, and a potential HOF QB.

That said, lets hope the defense can recoup. Bunkley got hurt but walked off the field. Dawkins needs to get healthy and we need Willis to stay in a game down the stretch.

Yeah they run the scrub version of the spread. Goodman needs to step up badly.

ColoradoDarin
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Not very for all the reasons stated above.

SJ Bronco
12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry, I don't have time to read this thread, so I apologize if I repeat any earlier discussions, but as someone who isn't a Tebow believer, I think he looked better in defeat today than He looked in many victories. He showed he can make a couple touch throws from the pocket, and it helped open the playbook a little. If the defense gives him a few more chances and we don't turn the ball over, I think he puts up 35 today. I'm feeling more optimistic actually after a loss.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Sorry, I don't have time to read this thread, so I apologize if I repeat any earlier discussions, but as someone who isn't a Tebow believer, I think he looked better in defeat today than He looked in many victories. He showed he can make a couple touch throws from the pocket, and it helped open the playbook a little. If the defense gives him a few more chances and we don't turn the ball over, I think he puts up 35 today. I'm feeling more optimistic actually after a loss.

Not for nothing, but that sounds like 4-14 Orton talk.

I'm not happy with a loss, and I'm pretty sure the team isn't either. I will agree that if it weren't for the TO's this was an entirely different game. TT looked better, and we can learn a lot from the loss. That being said I am not happy with a loss.

Mouth

houghtam
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Not for nothing, but that sounds like 4-14 Orton talk.

I'm not happy with a loss, and I'm pretty sure the team isn't either. I will agree that if it weren't for the TO's this was an entirely different game. TT looked better, and we can learn a lot from the loss. That being said I am not happy with a loss.

Mouth

He didn't say he was happy, he said he's more optimistic. Big difference.

Mouth
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
He didn't say he was happy, he said he's more optimistic. Big difference.

Fair enough. I conceit the point. I saw a lot of optimistic things today as well. I just don't want people to fall back into the "looking good while losing is better than winning" state of mind.

Mouth

Dedhed
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I think this game is disappointing for the same reason it encourages optimism. We blew a chance to win the division, and beat one of the best teams in football, because we couldn't take care of the football.

At the same time, I think we would have beaten one of the best teams in the league if we simply had taken care of the football.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 08:58 PM
That was probably the best team in the AFC.

I'm not disappointed that we lost. I'm disappointed that our defense didn't show up.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I think this game is disappointing for the same reason it encourages optimism. We blew a chance to win the division, and beat one of the best teams in football, because we couldn't take care of the football.

At the same time, I think we would have beaten one of the best teams in the league if we simply had taken care of the football.

I feel the same.

If we limited the turnovers to maybe just one (not on our side of the field) and had our defense actually make a handfull plays, the Broncos win by 10.

mwill07
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm upset with dumb penalties that have plagued us all season. At least there were no delay of gamers today, so I guess we've got that goin for us.

NFLBRONCO
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM

I agree to a point TO's killed us. Imo the stupid flags killed us too.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
That was probably the best team in the AFC.

I'm not disappointed that we lost. I'm disappointed that our defense didn't show up.

New England is always a good team but they arent the best in the AFC with that defense. Their defense is crap. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are better teams.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
New England is always a good team but they arent the best in the AFC with that defense. Their defense is crap. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are better teams.

I disagree 100%.

There is no aspect of either of those teams that is as dominant in its specialty as the New England offense is.

ChampJesusBailey
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
New England is a great team so I am not very bothered by a loss to them.

But it was disappointing to see so many defensive breakdowns and Brady having so much time to throw. And the fumbles sucked but those are just fluky things.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I disagree 100%.

There is no aspect of either of those teams that is as dominant in its specialty as the New England offense is.

New Englands defense is last in the NFL. Defense wins championships and Balt & Pitt have the defenses to do it. New Englands is awful. New Englands offense is off the chain but Pittsburghs offense is explosive with their WR's Ben, and a pretty decent runing game. We just kicked Baltimore as* but we are the first offense this year to put up over 400 yards on them. Offensively they can be explosive.
Nobody expects New Englands defense to play tough against anyone and their offense isnt even #1...New Orleans is.

Overall both those teams are better than New England.

Its too bad Rivers fumbled a snap in KC or we would be in first right now. But, the silver lining is Norv will be gone so im not upset. It is what it is.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
New Englands defense is last in the NFL. Defense wins championships and Balt & Pitt have the defenses to do it. New Englands is awful. New Englands offense is off the chain but Pittsburghs offense is explosive with their WR's Ben, and a pretty decent runing game. We just kicked Baltimore as* but we are the first offense this year to put up over 400 yards on them. Offensively they can be explosive.
Nobody expects New Englands defense to play tough against anyone and their offense isnt even #1...New Orleans is.

Overall both those teams are better than New England.

Its too bad Rivers fumbled a snap in KC or we would be in first right now. But, the silver lining is Norv will be gone so im not upset. It is what it is.

Baltimore is not anywhere near as good as New England.

Like I said, New England's offense is dominant at a level that neither Baltimore or Pittsburgh's defenses are.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Baltimore is not anywhere near as good as New England.

Like I said, New England's offense is dominant at a level that neither Baltimore or Pittsburgh's defenses are.

Pittsburgh already beat the Patriots this season...if you didnt know. Held Brady to 198 yards while Ben went for 365 and held them to 43 yards rushing. Baltimore beat the Steelers twice.

You were saying..................

Ill say it again...defense wins championships. Its been ringing true for years.

jutang
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
3 TOs and Crosby laying a turd killed any chances of winning. Den couldn't slow down Brady, but NE never really shut the Broncos O down. The Broncos have to play mistake free football in order to hang with the elite teams and it just didn't happen today. First time in awhile where they shot themselves in the foot.

Great learning experience for this team and will be valuable come playoff time.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Pittsburgh already beat the Patriots this season...if you didnt know. Held Brady to 198 yards while Ben went for 365 and held them to 43 yards rushing. Baltimore beat the Steelers twice.

You were saying..................

Ill say it again...defense wins championships. Its been known for years.

The Patriots team that is on a 6-game win streak is better than either of those teams.

I'll say it again...neither Baltimore or Pittsburgh is as good as New England.

lonestar
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM
had not expected to win.. But then with Tebow things happen..

the 3 turn overs killed us and gave an extraordinary QB a very short field..
when that happened again and again, I knew that almost all hope was gone..

We need real help at a few spots and loads of backup help as we are paper thin at talent..

good starters in most spots (except #21) and almost nothing behind Magahee, Bunkley and Thomas..

But get some good picks to push the starters and be there if one goes down and we will be fine next season with a full set of OTA's I suspect that Tebow will be taking very little time off between now and training camp.. with the growth we have seen in him in the last 7-8 games I can hardly wait till next year..

His leadership is off the charts..

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
The Patriots team that is on a 6-game win streak is better than either of those teams.

I'll say it again...neither Baltimore or Pittsburgh is as good as New England.

So Pittsburghs winning 8 of their last 9 while winning 4 in a row isnt?
Keep believing that.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
So Pittsburghs winning 8 of their last 9 while winning 4 in a row isnt?
Keep believing that.

Nope.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Nope.

OK, I guess because they beat you today is why you think they are the best team. Its ok, they beat us too but i still dont think they are the best team because their defense is flat horrible. Dead last in the NFL. They wont be able to stop Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but they can stop them and why they wont go to the SB.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2011, 10:08 PM
OK, I guess because they beat you today is why you think they are the best team. Its ok, they beat us too but i still dont think they are the best team because their defense is flat horrible. Dead last in the NFL. They wont be able to stop Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but they can stop them and why they wont go to the SB.

Nope.

strafen
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I liked a lot of what I saw today except for the mistakes and penalties. We clean up our act and with a healthy BDawk and we can hang with these guys in the playoffs.I'm ok with the loss.
Granted we've had our chances, a loss is a loss, but it kind of hurts just because of the way we lost.

Let's face it, we have zero talent up front the defensive line.
We need size and talent in the secondary. My God, our secondary looked like a varsity team trying to tackle big men.

This needs to be fixed if we want to compete in games when we need to stop the bleeding when the game gets out of hand.

The key of the game was obviously the 2nd qtr. That took the air out of our sail. We couldn't get the ball long enough to sustain the momentum from the first quarter. We fumbled the game away and thus, our chances to execute our game plan...

orange crusher
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Actually, when you look at how badly the Jets lost to the Patriots last year during the regular season, you could have said the same thing about them. No one would have expected them to thump NE in the playoffs and end up in the AFC Ch game. And we actually didnt even look as bad as the Jets did last year during that game.

Having said that, I still say the Ravens and Steelers are the class of the AFC.

Baltimore is terribly inconsistent as seen tonight.

orange crusher
12-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Coulda woulda shoulda. We can play that game too. If Denver wouldn't have played Orton so long, they would have already clinched the division.

Boltjolt
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Coulda woulda shoulda. We can play that game too. If Denver wouldn't have played Orton so long, they would have already clinched the division.

Many of you are playing that game for this game today. Your no different here after a loss. No biggy...it is what it is and im talking about a dropped snap that is something he hasnt done since.....i cant remember when. Been that kind of year and im fine with it. Norv will be fired so im looking at the possitive.

chawknz
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Not really upset. I didn't think we had much of a chance, but with what has happened over the past few weeks, I thought anything was possible. Even with the mad hysteria leading up to the game, I was able to keep calm about it.

I was glad to see Tebow continue to improve. The turnovers were hard, and that weird backwards run was odd, but overall I am glad the passing game opened up further.

Defense defense oh, defense... sigh. Thought we were better than that. Really did.

Lycan
12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Off Topic: Slightly less upset now that I have watched the Dexter season finale.

That show is so awesome.

ghwk
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
We were the Denver version of Marion Barber.

TheChamp24
12-18-2011, 11:07 PM
We killed ourselves with those 3 turnovers in the 1st half that led to 13 points. Heck, the missed extra point too was huge.
If we played sound football, it would've been a close game throughout IMO. Not saying we would've won, but it would've been close.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Disappointed? I figured this as a loss awhile ago. I think 3 and 1 is realistic over last 4 games of regular season.

TonyR
12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
People are upset with the defense, and understandably so. But at the same time this game was about whose offense could do the most. NE's offense was awesome. Ours wasn't, including two backbreaking turnovers. So you can't totally let the offense off the hook here. Yes, our defense got owned by one of the best two offenses in the league. But our O needed to pick up the slack against one of the worst defenses in the league. They didn't get it done.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 06:47 AM
young team...dumb mistakes

i just hope we dont go into a shell now with our playcalling

Smiling Assassin27
12-19-2011, 08:04 AM

This was a measuring stick for this team. Clearly it is not among the upper tier of teams in the AFC, but we knew that already. This is not a loss to dwell on, let alone freak out about.

Positives:

1. Tebow threw the ball with more fluidity and precision--as long as he keeps getting better, this team will become more dangerous. An entire off season to work with Elway should allow him to make leaps and bounds by next season.

2. 3 Turnovers, 13 points. Obviously if you give away 3 in a game, let alone a quarter, you're begging Brady to take you to the woodshed. He did. But on the short field, the defense gave up 10 (13 if you count Quan's muff, though the D was not on the field for a play). That's a win. Now what occurred the rest of the game on defense needs some tweaking but was largely due to being undermanned and inexperienced in the back. The D played hard and, given the talent deficit we had, that's all we can ask for.

3. Run game. I saw a team that flat out trampled the Pats for a quarter. Shame we had to abandon it once the turnovers hit but I'm proud of the OL working as a unit and steamrolling the Pats.

Negatives

1. WR separation. There was none. Play after play, our WR's were blanketed. It's clearly a corps that has strengths, but struggles with separation. Granted, the defense was playing pass after the half, but I saw no place for Tebow to throw it that wasn't a difficult throw.

2. Turnovers. 2 were 'effort turnovers' in which guys were just trying to make a play (get more yards and/or strike gold on a long punt return). The third one (Tebow's fumble) was just a great play by Anderson poking it free. He won his matchup, so hat's off to him. Those won't happen every week but they sure do set us back when they do. Furthermore, we got NO turnovers, which we've relied on to stay in games.

I'm not discouraged by this loss. It was a game that demonstrated that we've got a ways to go but also showed that we have a character-laden group and that the rebuild is coming along just fine. Let's trample the Bills and start another roll.

OrangeSe7en
12-19-2011, 01:30 PM
People are upset with the defense, and understandably so. But at the same time this game was about whose offense could do the most. NE's offense was awesome. Ours wasn't, including two backbreaking turnovers. So you can't totally let the offense off the hook here. Yes, our defense got owned by one of the best two offenses in the league. But our O needed to pick up the slack against one of the worst defenses in the league. They didn't get it done.

Why are you so obsessed with mass opinion?

Also, point of fact, you're wrong. Our offense was equally awesome. We had over 150 rushing yards in a quarter against them. This game was more about the number of turnovers and where they occurred. These turnovers dictated the rest of the game. For all you know, it made Allen over aggressive in trying to generate turnovers as the game unfolded and Denver was behind...and this led to more points.

maher_tyler
12-19-2011, 02:03 PM
young team...dumb mistakes

i just hope we dont go into a shell now with our playcalling

They need rip the page with the gimmick BS on it, out of the play book and burn it. When was the last time bringing Royal in motion into the back field worked? We have turned the ball over twice in the last 2 weeks doing the unconventional stuff.

TonyR
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Why are you so obsessed with mass opinion?

Also, point of fact, you're wrong. Our offense was equally awesome. We had over 150 rushing yards in a quarter against them. This game was more about the number of turnovers and where they occurred. These turnovers dictated the rest of the game. For all you know, it made Allen over aggressive in trying to generate turnovers as the game unfolded and Denver was behind...and this led to more points.

Why are you so obsessed with me? And wtf are you even talking about? "Mass opinion"? There is nothing factual about my being wrong. And equal to what? (re your comment about the offense being "equally awesome")

Two questions for you:

1) How did our offense do overall after the first quarter? Because, you know, the game is four quarters.

2) Who turned the ball over twice? Was it the offense? Is that "equally awesome"?

I stand by everything I said, and you've effectively refuted none of it. Back to the drawing board you go.

razorwire77
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I must have missed the football tutorial class where an offense turning the ball over 2 times in 4 plays is awesome. The defense was inconsistent and at times shredded, but at a critical point in the game where the momentum could go either way the offense gave Brady the ball at the 19 and at the 40 on consecutive drives. If you do that against the Patriots, you lose.

TonyR
12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I must have missed the football tutorial class where an offense turning the ball over 2 times in 4 plays is awesome.

Orangese7en can apparently tell you where you can enroll. Or you can just ask him because he knows everything.

rbackfactory80
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Team loss. Everyone from Tebow to the coaching staff is responsible.

Blaming it on one or the other is stupid.

Archer81
12-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Team lost this game in the second quarter. Lost their composure and gave a good team three shots at points inside the 40. If those fumbles dont happen, game is probably closer.

Ah, well. Buffalo is going to get whipped.