PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Faulk....

teknic
12-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Any idea why he hates Tebow so much?

The guy seems to be very anti-Broncos any time I see him on NFLN, and I'm not sure why.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d824d7708/No-Huddle-Tebow-the-passer?module=HP11_content_stream

KO5K
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Tebow's answers to his god awful questions after the Jets game were quality, made Faulk look like a bit of a prick.

Not sure what Sharper's complaining about either, I never realized there was a problem with throwing the ball to open wide receivers. Some might even suggest that's what you're supposed to do ???.

broncocalijohn
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Not another thread about "Who hates Tebow" but then again, we need to make a list and be ready to pounce on them. I am just amazed by the hate but also the response. 22 people looking a this thread. I guess we want to know the next ahole is in media land.

houghtam
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Any idea why he hates Tebow so much?

The guy seems to be very anti-Broncos any time I see him on NFLN, and I'm not sure why.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d824d7708/No-Huddle-Tebow-the-passer?module=HP11_content_stream

He mad because Greatest Show on Turf was **** compared to our 97-98 teams.

ChampJesusBailey
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah that whole exchange there just seemed foolish from Faulk and Sharper. Not to say you can't criticize Tebow or anything, there are plenty of flaws in his game, but it is funny how "experts" are continuously shifting back the goal posts on what Tebow will never be able to do and ignore any progress/improvements he makes.

Faulk even seems to imply in that video that it's somehow better for Ponder to throw that stupid, game losing interception that it is for a guy like Tebow to NOT throw a stupid pick because it's something Ponder can learn from? What the ****, Marshall.

Pony Boy
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Faulk hate this as do many other in the media ......

teknic
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah that whole exchange there just seemed foolish from Faulk and Sharper. Not to say you can't criticize Tebow or anything, there are plenty of flaws in his game, but it is funny how "experts" are continuously shifting back the goal posts on what Tebow will never be able to do and ignore any progress/improvements he makes.

Faulk even seems to imply in that video that it's somehow better for Ponder to throw that stupid, game losing interception that it is for a guy like Tebow to NOT throw a stupid pick because it's something Ponder can learn from? What the ****, Marshall.

That part made no sense at all. Faulk was basically saying that Ponder is a better young QB because he has the opportunity to learn from mistakes, whereas Tebow keeps winning and not throwing picks, so he's not learning as much. Seems like flawed logic, if not completely irrational.

Irvin has completely bought in to Tebow though. He has to defend his opinion on Tebow to most of the guys on the NFLN set, and he seems like he truly believes in him. I find it interesting that a former WR like Irvin likes what he sees in Tebow. Somehow I don't think he would have been happy in the Broncos current offense though!LOL

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
You can teach Ponder but you can't teach Tebow...

The level of stupidity is beyond belief...

Wide open receivers? Tebow is the only QB I have ever heard get criticized for throwing to a wide open receiver, this is how bad the haters are having to reach to justify their rediculous positions...

McDman
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I think Merril Hoge dislikes Tebow. Although I'm not sure. Let's make a thread about it and discuss.

BoiseBluTurf
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM

The level of stupidity is beyond belief...

LOL... this is the defination of Irony!!!!

Pony Boy
12-08-2011, 10:33 AM

The level of stupidity is beyond belief......

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHM7UHoqeDk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BHM7UHoqeDk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
LOL... this is the defination of Irony!!!!

Definately~!! LOL

BoiseBluTurf
12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Definately~!! LOL

touche!

ColoradoDarin
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Faulk hates everything to do with the Broncos and has for a while now, not sure what his beef is, but he's had it for a long time.

I always thought he was a decent guy (given that I never did really pay attention to anything he did off the field), until his HoF speech. That was one of the worst "look at how awesome I am" speeches when some humility would have gone a long ways. Not to compare him to a Bronco, but Shannon's HoF speech was funny and touching - you've just been elected as one of the best to ever play the game, there is no need to say it (certainly no need to brag about it) - and you could tell how much Shannon's family and especially his brother means to him. I didn't get that same sense with Faulk, really, your agent introduces you for the HoF??

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Rush Limbaugh (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/12/05/pop_culture_prays_for_tebow_to_fail)

"Of course, we expect our sports jocks to give us their opinions, and sometimes that means evaluating the prospective talent of players coming up from the collegiate ranks. Tebow is no exception to this...

Our cue, however, that Tebow's numerous critics aren't motivated by a desire to protect the integrity of the sport from unworthies is revealed in the manner of their critique. To say that they have reserved a special kind of venom for Tim Tebow is an understatement. Indeed, to hear them speak, one imagines the Denver Broncos are quarterbacked by Betty White. Only here's another thing: Tim Tebow's football credentials are impeccable," and, by the way, there is a website called Cold, Hard Football Facts and it is one by a guy named Kerry Byrne, and Kerry Byrne gets the quarterback rating or the passer rating in the NFL. Is it the passer rating or quarterback rating? I forget what it's called. It's what everybody reports. They have added to it.

They've added a couple of stats to it beyond passing -- turnovers, this kind of thing -- and, according to their analysis (and it's a few games, not a lot Tebow's played), he's outperforming every quarterback he faces. He's playing better than every quarterback he faces in the games that they've won. He's 5-1 with the Broncos. It's inescapable. Tebow is playing; the idea he can't play is ludicrous. This is this guy's point. "Tebow isn't, to be sure, playing at the level of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, but who is?

...Tebow's critics are indignant that [he] didn't pack his cleats and go home the moment they declared him inadequate. The simple fact is, they want him to fail. And now, after so much ink and vitriol predicting [he would fail, they need him to fail...

There's everything in the world to admire about the guy, "except that Jesus business." That just drives people nuts. He says thank you. He calls reporters "mister." He does all this charitable work behind the scenes. He gives credit to his teammates. He has no ego whatsoever. He's got his own general manger -- John Elway -- hoping he fails. Well, it appears that way. Elway, two games ago, Tebow scores a winning touchdown and Elway is applauding like he's at a golf tournament. And they asked Elway, "Have you found your quarterback of the future?"

"No way," he said. "Has to be better on third downs! He's gotta throw the ball better, damn it! He's gotta throw the ball better, gotta be better on third down. No, we haven't found our quarterback yet," and despite that, despite that! You think your boss hates you?

Kaylore
12-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I found his arguments on their face not unreasonable, but the circumstances he's trying to apply them to didn't work. Michael Irvin made some great points about how he's actually doing things to help them win and is improving. He is more than "A QB who happened to be on a team that was winning" ALA Jake Plummer 2006.

The crux of Faulk's argument is sometimes when you win, its harder to correct your mistakes because your winning may remove some of the urgency to improve. If you start to make mistakes, but you win, you can put up with bad play at really a variety of positions as it doesn't effect the final result. On an individual level, a player's mistakes haven't hurt him enough to change the outcome, so it might become a lower priority. In Ponder's case, that one mistake cost him the game. You think he's going to forget to read the flat before he throws a pass again anytime soon?

Here's where his argument falls apart: It's Tim Freaking Tebow. The dude works his butt off to improve and would be if he was having an Aaron Rogers-like season passing. Despite BroncBow's insistence otherwise, Tebow doesn't read defenses well and is still slow in his progressions. The good news is Tebow knows this and it is why he is working so hard with the coaches every week to improve. The idea that Tebow needs to lose so he can learn is total crap. Tebow is markedly better from the first Chargers game. It's becoming clear he's starting to "get it." Losing won't make him learn any faster or slower at this point.

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
The crux of his argument is sometimes when you win, its harder to correct your mistakes because your winning may remove some of the urgency to improve. If you start to make mistakes, but you win, you can put up with bad play at really a variety of positions as it doesn't effect the final result...

Tebow is not good enough to play in this league, but the opposing QB with his 3 int's is good enough? How unreasonable can you get? How many more INT's does Ponder have? Wins?

The only thing they actually had to critisize Tebow for was throwing to a wide open receiver? How unreasonable can you get?

If they had a reasonable argument, the hate could be substantiated, but in reality they could not bring up one thing Tebow did in the game worthy of the hell he caught for his 149.3 QB rating and W. How unreasonable can you get?

Ironlung
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Merril Hoge dislikes Tebow. Although I'm not sure. Let's make a thread about it and discuss.

Half of your post count has to be bitching about people creating threads you don't approve of... Yet you post in all of them.

Get over it. You look like a whiny bitch.

ZONA
12-08-2011, 11:20 AM
TEBOW - "I think you sign up to win games"

Says it all.

Dexter
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I always though Marshall Faulk was a prick. He may have some valid points here and there, but he really comes off as an arrogant dick, who thinks his **** doesn't stink.

He was always rude around T.D. when I saw them on NFL network together too. Apparently T.D.'s success was only because of the system he played in. Take everything Faulk says with a grain of salt, because he's most likely saying all of the **** he says to be an a-hole.

Garcia Bronco
12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
To me...it's all over but the crying.

bowtown
12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I have such a love-hate view of Micheal Irvin.

bendog
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Sharper's right that you can teach Ponder to not throw that pick, but Tebow can't even begin to read whether the wr should have cut off the route (which is what Pounder read and what Goodman picked off) or whether the wr should have turned it up field (which is what the wr did). That's the truth, deal with it.

BUT, sharper also said Tebow can't learn those reads. THAT is something no one knows yet.

Irvin's right (groan) that Ponder cannot be taught how to make plays like the pass to DT.

KO5K
12-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Sharper's right that you can teach Ponder to not throw that pick, but Tebow can't even begin to read whether the wr should have cut off the route (which is what Pounder read and what Goodman picked off) or whether the wr should have turned it up field (which is what the wr did). That's the truth, deal with it.

Not entirely sure how Ponder throwing a game ending interception is good proof of Ponder being able to read the play, you yourself even state that he read it completely wrong...

Trying to read the play and getting it horribly wrong = not being able to read it at all.

MacGruder
12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
The crux of Faulk's argument is sometimes when you win, its harder to correct your mistakes because your winning may remove some of the urgency to improve. If you start to make mistakes, but you win, you can put up with bad play at really a variety of positions as it doesn't effect the final result. On an individual level, a player's mistakes haven't hurt him enough to change the outcome, so it might become a lower priority. In Ponder's case, that one mistake cost him the game. You think he's going to forget to read the flat before he throws a pass again anytime soon?

Here's where his argument falls apart: It's Tim Freaking Tebow. The dude works his butt off to improve and would be if he was having an Aaron Rogers-like season passing. Despite BroncBow's insistence otherwise, Tebow doesn't read defenses well and is still slow in his progressions. The good news is Tebow knows this and it is why he is working so hard with the coaches every week to improve. The idea that Tebow needs to lose so he can learn is total crap. Tebow is markedly better from the first Chargers game. It's becoming clear he's starting to "get it." Losing won't make him learn any faster or slower at this point.

This is the crux of the whole Tebow saga... this is what I have been trying to explain to people... Tebow has so much raw talent and ability he thrived on it and dominated at each level. This is why he never developed polished conventional mechanics and Qb traits.. this is why Meyer never messed with his motion much all through college. This is why Tebow chose to play at Florida under Meyer rather than why he went to play for Mike Shula in a conventional offense at Alabama.. and why he was so torn because he knew he needed that development to play in the NFL.

The entire Tebow paradox stems from this point IMO. and it's why it is silly to say Tebow doesn't have the ability to be an NFL QB.. it's not a matter of "if" Tebow becomes a polished NFL QB but "when".

bendog
12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Not entirely sure how Ponder throwing a game ending interception is good proof of Ponder being able to read a defense, you yourself even state that he read it completely wrong...

Trying to read a defense and getting it horribly wrong = not being able to read a defense.

what sharper was saying is that Tebow is not even far enough along to try that play: to read AFTER the snap whether the coverage dictates the wr cut off the route or take it up. He's right. That's why McCoy isn't running an NFL offense. Sharper said that Ponder can learn why he made the wrong read, and not do it again.

BUT sharper also said Tebow can never learn to make that post-snap read, and that Den will never have that in a Tebow game plan. I don't see how that is certain. The kid gets better every week.

Tebowites seem pissed that Elway is showing patience and waiting to see if Tebow can learn it. He's flat out said he'd never bet against it. Neither would I. IF Tebow can learn the post-snap reads, with his playmaking ability, Den would have something really special.

cmhargrove
12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Faulk is still pissed that we sent McD to the Rams...

DBroncos4life
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Broncos fans and Gator fans should unite and boycott these media hating fools!!

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM

No it isn't the truth, that is in fact a lie.

Knowing what your WR is going to do is not unteachable.

A guy who does not know how to read defenses throws INT's because he doesn't know where the defenders are. Tebow knows how to read defenses, not only that he knows how to freeze defenders and draw them away from plays, tebow is far more advanced than you ever dreamed of. Writing off his ability to learn what a reciever is going to do is laughable. Ha!ROFL!

Woody's Mailbag: (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15678251)
McDaniels said he questioned Tebow about various alignments and defenses, and Tebow unquestionably knew how to read defenses. The coach also said he had quizzed another famous quarterback (drafted by another team this year), and he had no clue about reading defenses.

"When I asked him why, he said the coaches at (his college) never taught him how to read defenses," McDaniels said.

When McDaniels asked why, on his own or with help, he hadn't studied defenses between the end of the season and before the draft and gotten a better understanding of defenses, the quarterback replied that he intended to do that once he got to the pros.

I genuinely believe McDaniels in this case. He wouldn't have put so much stock in Tebow if he didn't believe the rookie was capable of recognizing defenses at the snap of the ball.

Well if you ever wondered why Sam Bradford sucks, well now you know... 29 turnovers in 25 games is indicative of someone who does not know how to read defenses.

Kaylore
12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
This is the crux of the whole Tebow saga... this is what I have been trying to explain to people... Tebow has so much raw talent and ability he thrived on it and dominated at each level. This is why he never developed polished conventional mechanics and Qb traits.. this is why Meyer never messed with his motion much all through college. This is why Tebow chose to play at Florida under Meyer rather than why he went to play for Mike Shula in a conventional offense at Alabama.. and why he was so torn because he knew he needed that development to play in the NFL.

The entire Tebow paradox stems from this point IMO. and it's why it is silly to say Tebow doesn't have the ability to be an NFL QB.. it's not a matter of "if" Tebow becomes a polished NFL QB but "when".

I agree but I would also point out the spread option, and really college football in general, doesn't demand perfect mechanics since so many plays can be won on pure grit and athleticism. That pushes those things to side. When you have a kid for four years (if you're lucky) with a severely limited amount of practice time, even four year starters aren't going have time to get totally pro ready. It was a combination of the system, the time and the fact it didn't matter. I think we agree it was not because Tebow wouldn't have worked on those things had he been asked to, as evidenced by what he's done to this point. In the pros everyone is a great athlete. You have to be just to make a team. Where the rubber meets the road is a combination of mental ability and good technique and at the QB position this is especially true.

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
what sharper was saying is that Tebow is not even far enough along to try that play: to read AFTER the snap whether the coverage dictates the wr cut off the route or take it up. He's right.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Is it that if Tebow makes a bad throw and gets intercepted, it's proof that he knows what to do and he just made a bad decision, and that it should be a source of comfort to Elway and other QB purists? That if Tebow was in that exact same spot, the only correct play for him to make is that throw since it shows a somewhat understanding of a defense?

This whole saga is a headscratcher, where a QB gets criticized for hitting open receivers and not making bad throws.

bendog
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Is it that if Tebow makes a bad throw and gets intercepted, it's proof that he knows what to do and he just made a bad decision, and that it should be a source of comfort to Elway and other QB purists? That if Tebow was in that exact same spot, the only correct play for him to make is that throw since it shows a somewhat understanding of a defense?

This whole saga is a headscratcher, where a QB gets criticized for hitting open receivers and not making bad throws.

Sharpers pt was than Tebow and Ponder are running two entirely different types of offenses, and it tebow ran ponders you'd be seeing Detroit deja vu. I can't make it simplier for you. And sharper's right, and it's why McCoy revampted the offense.

But sharper said Tebow will never be able to make the reads required by a traditional NFL offense. We'll see. I'm not betting against the guy.

bendog
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
No it isn't the truth, that is in fact a lie.

Knowing what your WR is going to do is not unteachable.

A guy who does not know how to read defenses throws INT's because he doesn't know where the defenders are. Tebow knows how to read defenses, not only that he knows how to freeze defenders and draw them away from plays, tebow is far more advanced than you ever dreamed of. Writing off his ability to learn what a reciever is going to do is laughable. Ha!ROFL!

Well if you ever wondered why Sam Bradford sucks, well now you know... 29 turnovers in 25 games is indicative of someone who does not know how to read defenses.

Did you notice all those guys were black? I think you're right and it's a conspiracy againt white male christians.

sinuous sausage
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
they're still working under the assumption that the Broncos need to someday run their approved version of a pro-style offense. It's comparable to me bagging on Poder for his inability to run a triple option. It's not in his gameplan and the type of throw they're deliberating about might never make it into Tim's. What I do believe is that type of throw can be taught a lot easier than effective execution of the triple option, and obviously the idea that one has to fail to learn is complete BS. I like to think of offensive strategy in the vein of John Lennon's words: whatever gets you through the night.

Broncbow
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
and obviously the idea that one has to fail to learn is complete BS.

Tebow is in a damned if you do damned if you don't...

TDmvp
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Well I know one guy who is black who loves him some Tebow heheh...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cCx-78WHDlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know I know , it's been posted before but it just cracks me up every time I see it.
When I seen it live I turned to my Gf and said I think he just called Tim Tebow Jesus Christ... It's just to funny.

bendog
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
they're still working under the assumption that the Broncos need to someday run their approved version of a pro-style offense. It's comparable to me bagging on Poder for his inability to run a triple option. It's not in his gameplan and the type of throw they're deliberating about might never make it into Tim's. What I do believe is that type of throw can be taught a lot easier than effective execution of the triple option, and obviously the idea that one has to fail to learn is complete BS. I like to think of offensive strategy in the vein of John Lennon's words: whatever gets you through the night.

Well, if the Queens had a decent offense, Den might have been buried by the half. I'm all for Tebow being the guy, and as Elway said, it's obvious his leadership skills are amazing, and the defense took it up several notches when he began starting with the run heavy outlook, but we are 31st in passing. And no that's not cause McCoy is intentionally holding him back. He is getting better each game, though.

BroncoBeavis
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Sure, Ponder's target wasn't open, But he COULD have been! Meanwhile this Tebow slacker's just throwing to the guys he KNOWS are open. Not NFL material if you ask me. :)

BroncoBeavis
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, if the Queens had a decent offense, Den might have been buried by the half. I'm all for Tebow being the guy, and as Elway said, it's obvious his leadership skills are amazing, and the defense took it up several notches when he began starting with the run heavy outlook, but we are 31st in passing. And no that's not cause McCoy is intentionally holding him back. He is getting better each game, though.

Dude, did you watch the first half? Ridiculously conservative gameplan on offense. 5 passing attempts I think.

Then they come out letting Tebow blaze in the second half and all you can talk about is why he didn't score more in the 1st?

DarkHorse30
12-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I believe Rev mentioned in another thread (similar subject) that Faulk hates TD, therefore also the Broncos.

I think there may be another problem. Excessive pressure build-up of unknown substances. Both Faulk and Sean Payton suffer from "my lips are always pursed, because I may be a girl"-itis....aka Pent-up-gas-non-release syndrome

teknic
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Sharpers pt was than Tebow and Ponder are running two entirely different types of offenses, and it tebow ran ponders you'd be seeing Detroit deja vu. I can't make it simplier for you. And sharper's right, and it's why McCoy revampted the offense.

But sharper said Tebow will never be able to make the reads required by a traditional NFL offense. We'll see. I'm not betting against the guy.

False. Did you watch the game against the Vikings? That was a completely traditional offense.

rugbythug
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM

How many points would they need to put up to have a good offense last Sunday? 40? 60?

broncogary
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM

winstoncup bronco sighting. :egbgb: How long has it been?

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Dude, did you watch the first half? Ridiculously conservative gameplan on offense. 5 passing attempts I think.

Then they come out letting Tebow blaze in the second half and all you can talk about is why he didn't score more in the 1st?

Exactly. How is it that our second halves have been complete turnarounds from our first halves?

In Tebow's 7 starts this year, we've scored 151 pts.

114 of those points have come after halftime, or over 75% of our total scoring. How else can you explain this huge disparity, other than conservative 1st half playcalling?

My only guess is that Fox wants to play it close to the vest early on, to limit any chance of falling behind big early. Then when time gets short, they loosen the leash on Tebow, figuring at that point, if they're going down, they'll go down guns blazing. And the result is averaging over 16 points per 2nd half/OT.

How many QB's are averaging that many points after halftime?

winstoncup bronco
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
winstoncup bronco sighting. :egbgb: How long has it been?

Ha, been a while, for sure. How's things?

broncs2bowl
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
they make him hate him for ratings...

rmsanger
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Half of your post count has to be b****ing about people creating threads you don't approve of... Yet you post in all of them.

Get over it. You look like a whiny b****.

X2

Well played sir!

broncogary
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Ha, been a while, for sure. How's things?

Enjoying the current Broncos run. ;D

strafen
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Tebow is doing just fine.
He's winning, he's been winning, and that's an awesome revenge against those idiots!

hambone13
12-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I found his arguments on their face not unreasonable, but the circumstances he's trying to apply them to didn't work. Michael Irvin made some great points about how he's actually doing things to help them win and is improving. He is more than "A QB who happened to be on a team that was winning" ALA Jake Plummer 2006.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment. I didn't get the impression that Faulk was bad-mouthing him but failed to make an early, decisive point with a group of loud-mouth, unreasonably "I want the spot light" personalities. It would have been nice if he could have completed his thought because the intelligent would have likely agreed with him.

KipCorrington25
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
He hates the Broncos because of us firing him the Rams now have their current Offensive Coordinator.

Broncos_OTM
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Definately~!! LOL
spell check just a fingers reach away

HighCountryBronco
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Sure, Ponder's target wasn't open, But he COULD have been! Meanwhile this Tebow slacker's just throwing to the guys he KNOWS are open. Not NFL material if you ask me. :)

Excellent!!! LOL