PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor

ant1999e
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Let us remember that fateful day and all those who were lost. I guess with all the Tebow action we have forgotten.

Broncbow
12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why the flag was at half staff.

This reminds me of a documentary I saw. Two American Pilots flying over the pacific came under fire and one of the ppilots ejected, but his parachute failed to open.

Seeing this his wingman flew down beside him during his freefall, and the freefalling soldier pointed at the flag patch on his arm and pointed up. God and country~!!

gunns
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Haven't forgotten. The sad thing is that those that were there and still alive will soon be none. One thing I know about military men who have seen action is that they rarely speak of the horrific events but when they do speak of any event, it is priceless. I love history, especially American history, and this one was the catalyst to a monumental time in American history. I cannot even imagine the horror these men and women went through and saw. God bless them.

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
70 years ago

Houshyamama
12-07-2011, 06:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AvR0M.png

Archer81
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why the flag was at half staff.

This reminds me of a documentary I saw. Two American Pilots flying over the pacific came under fire and one of the ppilots ejected, but his parachute failed to open.

Seeing this his wingman flew down beside him during his freefall, and the freefalling soldier pointed at the flag patch on his arm and pointed up. God and country~!!

tsk tsk

:Broncos:

orinjkrush
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
the sacrifices of others are quickly forgotten, if not purposefully reminded.

yoda off/

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AvR0M.png

Raffing out roud

Armchair Bronco
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
My Step-Dad was a navigator on a B-29 Superfortress based out of Saipan. His crew flew something like 2 and half times the normal number of missions without a break right up until the end of the war.

His B-29 landed on some of the Pacific islands just days after they had been secured by the Marines. He had some horrible descriptions of what it was like.

He passed away earlier this year and was buried at Ft. Logan in Denver. His generation really was "The Greatest Generation".

cutthemdown
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
We can forgive the Japanese though, no reason to hold a grudge. Especially considering we got them back pretty good I'd say. The story today about the old Navy vets who died recently, getting their remains put down into the water in Pearl with their shipmates was pretty amazing. Americans lucky we have not had to see too much war in our own country. Let's hope it stays that way.

broncosteven
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Ever since we visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial and stood and looked down a couple of feet to the Arizona and saw oil coming up I never forget this day. To stand there and imagine what happened all those years ago was humbling.

BTW I read this in the latest Air and space Mag: http://blogs.airspacemag.com/daily-planet/2011/12/pearl-harbor-a-unique-remembrance/

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 06:52 PM
My Step-Dad was a navigator on a B-29 Superfortress based out of Saipan. His crew flew something like 2 and half times the normal number of missions without a break right up until the end of the war.

His B-29 landed on some of the Pacific islands just days after they had been secured by the Marines. He had some horrible descriptions of what it was like.

He passed away earlier this year and was buried at Ft. Logan in Denver. His generation really was "The Greatest Generation".

Immense respect to your step dad.

strafen
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Where were you 70 years ago?