PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings... with a twist!

brncs_fan
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
So I was looking at the power rankings over at ESPN to see where we were and our divisional rivals as well. I was quite happy, and surprised really, to see that we had made the top ten. By surprised I mean that there are so many people still dogging Tebow that I thought we might be somewhere closer to 15.

Anyways, I got to looking up the list and a strange thing started happening. I looked at 9 (Cowboys) and went, "we could beat them." Then I looked at 8 (Falcons) and I though, "we could beat them too!" This trend continued until I got to number 5 (Steelers), and then it changed into, "man, that would be a hell of a game."

Then it struck me, these crazy thoughts in my head. Just how long had it been since I had looked at the top 5 teams in the league and thought it would be great to take them down. During the entire McD tenure, and even the end of the Shanny Era, I LOATHED playing big competition because it meant two thing: getting our butts kicked, and, getting our butts kicked on national TV.

But now, that has all changed. Now we have a team that is competitive and is maybe a few key players away from being a contender all over again. Back to winning divisions and making playoff pushes.

Not too bad for an ESPN Power Ranking.

And just in case you were wondering:

1. Packers
2. Ravens
3. 49ers
4. Saints
5. Steelers
6. Patriots
7. Falcons
8. Texans
9. Cowboys
10. Broncos

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/14

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 08:07 PM
MCD DID NOT HAVE A TENURE, IF HE DID THIS WOULD BE IT.

strafen
12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Cool and well-deserved too.
We worked our asses off for those victories and to be where we are :thumbs:

Houshyamama
12-06-2011, 08:13 PM

What the bleeding **** are you blathering on about?

brncs_fan
12-06-2011, 08:15 PM
What the bleeding **** are you blathering on about?

http://rubmint.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/823a7_funny-pictures-cat-ignores-dog.jpg

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Rookie coach rebuilding a team ought to get a 3 year tenure, well this season is McDaniels 3rd year... This is his team... Elway hijacked it, midway through.

Houshyamama
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Rookie coach rebuilding a team ought to get a 3 year tenure, well this season is McDaniels 3rd year... This is his team... Elway hijacked it, midway through.

Yeah totally

myMind
12-06-2011, 08:29 PM

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8195/imagescae60iof.jpg

RhymesayersDU
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8195/imagescae60iof.jpg

Littering and, littering and, littering and...

DomCasual
12-06-2011, 08:35 PM

You've got to be trying to jerk people's chains here. No one is as dumb as that.

cutthemdown
12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
It would be interesting to hear who MCD says he would have selected with our first round pick we used on Miller.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
you're Ashton Kutcher aint you and this is some cyber version of punk 'd isn't it wheres the cameras at cmon where are they mcgruber i mean Broncbow

strafen
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
It would be interesting to hear who MCD says he would have selected with our first round pick we used on Miller.Mark Ingram

Wes Mantooth
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM

So Elway was responsible for inserting Tebow the first time?

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM

Trollin' trollin' trollin'...

underrated29
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
It would be interesting to hear who MCD says he would have selected with our first round pick we used on Miller.

He would have traded it to the patriots for randy moss and their first. The first he would have traded to the raiders to move up for Virgil Green

Baba Booey
12-06-2011, 09:52 PM

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9245/1318571816490.jpg

bronco610
12-06-2011, 11:03 PM

You sir are obviously nuts or a comic genius.

ol#7
12-06-2011, 11:40 PM
You sir are obviously nuts or a comic genius.

No humor detected, I think he is serious. Seriously deranged!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-06-2011, 11:43 PM
perhaps he is delusional or huffing paint fumes

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM

you need to stop huffing paint fumes out of that paper bag

broncocalijohn
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
You've got to be trying to jerk people's chains here. No one is as dumb as that.

Oh, I would think this is I McBleed Orange and Blue alternate account but then he could post this dumb in his first account. If it isnt him, he has found a real dumb **** of a friend. Why he is on ignore. You just witnessed a McD troll. Amazing someone might actually think that he deserved a 3rd year after what we have seen this season. McD sucks as a head coach. Add offensive coordinator not named the Patriots to that list too.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2011, 12:26 AM

No way. Even him not being here would be a ****ing nightmare of what could have unfortunately been if he was still around.

BroncoBuff
12-07-2011, 01:49 AM
I don't like the ranking, underdog is much better.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but this run reminds me of Josh's 6-0 start in 2009. You know we're winning and winning, you just can't figure out how.

cutthemdown
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
you need to stop huffing paint fumes out of that paper bag

Don't tell me that is bad for you? No one ever told me dammit.

cutthemdown
12-07-2011, 02:28 AM

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but this run reminds me of Josh's 6-0 start in 2009. You know we're winning and winning, you just can't figure out how.

People still expect us to get throttled by NE, and if we make the playoffs to get bounced out in a humiliating way first round.

Spider
12-07-2011, 02:32 AM
People still expect us to get throttled by NE, and if we make the playoffs to get bounced out in a humiliating way first round.

even so still a vast improvement over where we was in the first part of the season ........ just even sniffing the playoffs was far fetched ..........

Stagger Lee
12-07-2011, 04:46 AM

Yeah, another year of The Boy Blunder is exactly what this franchise needed. The dude was an absolute dumpster fire of a head coach. You can't possibly be serious.

INbronco
12-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbow

This is fail on so many levels.
1. No one gets 3 years, that's a figment of your imagination! You get what you earn.
2. No way in hell is the enthusiasm shown by this team a product of McD.
3. If Tebow is our long term QB, then McD failed terribly by not starting him.
4. This team is not McD's. It belongs to Fox just like Von Miller does.
5. Elway may not yet be the "be all and end all" of GM's but he hasn't screwed up like McD did. However if he dumps Tebow he probably will deserve the "McD" award for stupidity.

Note; could not quote directly because BroncBow is on iggy.

Crushaholic
12-07-2011, 05:29 AM
During the entire McD tenure, and even the end of the Shanny Era, I LOATHED playing big competition because it meant two thing: getting our butts kicked, and, getting our butts kicked on national TV.

How quickly we forget that 6-0 start. During that time, we beat the Cowboys and the Patriots. Of course, things went sour in a hurry. However, the beginning of McDaniels' tenure was pretty exciting...

TonyR
12-07-2011, 06:01 AM

Damn you! I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about this but found myself slowly nodding my head in agreement while reading your post. No, I don't think this team is like that McD 6-0 team, but I do think our current success is similarly fragile. I'm not certain we're as good as we think we might be.

Broncbow
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM
So Elway was responsible for inserting Tebow the first time?

Elway thought Tebow sucked. So he is having dinner with Pat who does not remember that dinner? Elway tells Pat to have Josh start Tebow, and if he refuses then you know Josh thinks Tebow is a bust.

I can just hear Elway now, Once he refuses I will be more than happy to come in and lead this team in the right direction for yeah.

Imagine that Josh refuses to start Tebow while in his suck for Miller campaign, not to mention enfusing this team via a phenomenal draft position to get his Dynasty under way.

Now here we are Josh gets fired and Elway and Fox take all the glory and credit for what he was aiming to accomplish with this team this season with Tebow at the helm.8')

Reason he did not start Tebow, was because Tebow was a winner, and winning would have been losing, considering the shape the roster was in. Not starting Tebow last season was a brilliant way to turn the Broncos into a top ten team via the phenomenal draft position that emerged as a result.

Is it no wonder Elway is so hell bent on proving Tebow is not the future?

bowtown
12-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Elway thought Tebow sucked. So he is having dinner with Pat and tells him to have Josh start Tebow, and if he refuses then you know Josh thinks Tebow is a bust.

I can just hear Elway now, Once he refuses I will be more than happy to come in and lead this team in the right direction for yeah.

Imagine that Josh refuses to start Tebow while in his suck for Miller campaign, not to mention enfusing this team via a phenomenal draft position to get his Dynasty under way.

Now here we are Josh gets fired and Elway and Fox take all the glory and credit for what he was aiming to accomplish with this team this season with Tebow at the helm.8')

Reason he did not start Tebow, was because Tebow was a winner, and winning would have been losing, considering the shape the depth on this roster possessed. Not starting Tebow last season was a brilliant way to turn the Broncos into a top ten team via the draft.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1591628-sp_ttt.jpg

DrFate
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM

and another one goes on the ignore list...

DrFate
12-07-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm not certain we're as good as we think we might be.

How good do we think we might be?

Personally, I have no misconceptions about this team being in the same category with Green Bay, New Orleans, or Pittsburgh. It's good enough to win a very weak division, though.

BroncoBeavis
12-07-2011, 07:04 AM
How quickly we forget that 6-0 start. During that time, we beat the Cowboys and the Patriots. Of course, things went sour in a hurry. However, the beginning of McDaniels' tenure was pretty exciting...

It goes back further than Josh. Shanny was famous for the quick start and epic fade. I think we've been so browbeaten by it for so many years, we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop, no matter what happens.

This team isn't that team. And I don't think Fox is that coach.

Eldorado
12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Elway thought Tebow sucked. So he is having dinner with Pat who does not remember that dinner? Elway tells Pat to have Josh start Tebow, and if he refuses then you know Josh thinks Tebow is a bust.

Reason he did not start Tebow, was because Tebow was a winner, and winning would have been losing, considering the shape the roster was in. Not starting Tebow last season was a brilliant way to turn the Broncos into a top ten team via the phenomenal draft position that emerged as a result.

Do me a solid. First, go find the greasiest 1/2 lb bacon cheese burger you can find, eat it and wait a few hours. Then take your computer and phone and any other electrical device you use to post on the internet and pile it up in that patch of dirt you call a yard in front of your trailer. Then stomp on them. Hard. Go all 'office space' on it. Then, in front of god, the queen and all your drunk inbred swamp buddies, pull your pants down, squat over the pile and **** that cheese burger out. Then go get that gas can you've been huffing (go ahead, take a few sniffs first) and poor it on the pile. Light it.

Thanks,

signed

The internet.

TonyR
12-07-2011, 08:10 AM
How good do we think we might be?

Good question. Like the OP said you start getting crazy thoughts about actually competing with those top 5 caliber teams. That's what happens when you win 5 straight and 6 out of 7, with a real possibility of making it 6 straight and 7 out of 8 on Sunday. That Detroit game is something of a warning beacon, however. And we've had a lot of things break our way (soft schedule, bad division, playing opponents at the "right time", injuries to opponents key players, etc.). Still, you can only beat who you play!

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2011, 08:17 AM

dude, we were winning because if one guy: Mike Nolan, or didn't you get the memo?

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2011, 08:22 AM

Cocaine is a hellova drug. But don't mix it with ether. And try not to ingest mushrooms, LSD, ether and cocain all at the same time 'cause that's when you turn into Hunter S. Thompson and trust me dude, you ain't Hunter S. Thompson.

Meck77
12-07-2011, 08:33 AM

No. McD had his tenure and was fired. Just like Shanny was. A team has thousands of moving parts each and everyday. The one constant throughout all of this is Pat Bowlen.

Props to him for recognizing the franchise was stalled out under Shanny. Granted it took him 10 years but a decision was made. In comes McD who shook some things up and added some moving parts. Bowlen then reaches in the back of tricks and adds in his old friend elway. Elway trashes on Tebow in what I think was the ultimate form of negative reinforcement.

Two things are certain. The team has rallied around Tebow and it's fun to be a Bronco fan again. Beyond that I'm just enjoying the present moment and the games from week to week.

ElwayMD
12-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Late night peyote binge huh?

Grover
12-07-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm having trouble with the fact that anyone is taking seriously the comments made by a poster that lists "Brodrick Bunkle" as his adopt-a-Bronco.

Chris
12-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I hate power rankings to be honest. It gives clout to the useless bull**** artists that are sports commentators.

brncs_fan
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the derail asshatbow.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
and another one goes on the ignore list...

what took you so long? I think he was on iggy last week. I know that was the capper but he has sooo many since his arrival here.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Do me a solid. First, go find the greasiest 1/2 lb bacon cheese burger you can find, eat it and wait a few hours. Then take your computer and phone and any other electrical device you use to post on the internet and pile it up in that patch of dirt you call a yard in front of your trailer. Then stomp on them. Hard. Go all 'office space' on it. Then, in front of god, the queen and all your drunk inbred swamp buddies, pull your pants down, squat over the pile and **** that cheese burger out. Then go get that gas can you've been huffing (go ahead, take a few sniffs first) and poor it on the pile. Light it.

Thanks,

signed

The internet.

You forgot... PS: Throw yourself on blazing pile.

Wes Mantooth
12-07-2011, 12:55 PM

I just can't put you on ignore. The conspiracy is so deep that I can't look away.

You are telling me that Josh McDaniels was purposely tanking the team to get a better pick and mean old John Elway comes in and screws everything up? His 6-0 start was some master plan to have a good draft this year and wind up with Von Miller? You really think that guy had the foresight two years in advance to see that he would be our guy at #2? Maybe he purposly videotaped that London game to further seal his teams fate and create such an unfavorable public persona that only our football savior Tim Tebow could fix.

bendog
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I just can't put you on ignore. The conspiracy is so deep that I can't look away.

You are telling me that Josh McDaniels was purposely tanking the team to get a better pick and mean old John Elway comes in and screws everything up? His 6-0 start was some master plan to have a good draft this year and wind up with Von Miller? You really think that guy had the foresight two years in advance to see that he would be our guy at #2? Maybe he purposly videotaped that London game to further seal his teams fate and create such an unfavorable public persona that only our football savior Tim Tebow could fix.

Remember, it's a conspiracy against white christians. Seriously, I was thinking of the absurdity of the tebowites thinking while watching some video last evening. Josh comes from the NE offense which is pass to run. They're the no 3 passing offense (1st in the AFC, I believe) and middle of the pack rushing. Josh refused to put in Tebow. He gets fired, and McCoy et al run some limited read thing last year, and this year Tebow "sucked" in a conventional offense, so McCoy puts in an option read to limit Tebow's passing, and only now are we starting to see Tebow throw with any regular accuracy off of reading defenses.

But of course, this was Josh's plan all along. If you can get from reality to there, reality is something you don't do. LOL

Broncbow
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM
You are telling me that Josh McDaniels was purposely tanking the team to get a better pic.

Concept is unheard of eh...8')

Agamemnon
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM

And...ignored...

Kaylore
12-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Welcome to ignore, Broncblows. You suck more than one has sucked here in a long time.

randomtask
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BynttqNlK3w/TSmjV9mPiiI/AAAAAAAAATA/pF9KB88klk8/s1600/projecting.jpg

Wes Mantooth
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Concept is unheard of eh...8')

yeah but two years in advance? Full suck mode went on when we traveled to what Baltimore or Washington (I forget) his first year.

Dagmar
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Welcome to ignore, Broncblows. You suck more than one has sucked here in a long time.

We thought Casino was bad!
We thought broncofan7 was bad!!
We thought MacGruder was bad!

Then... Broncbow.

randomtask
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
We thought Casino was bad!
We thought broncofan7 was bad!!
We thought MacGruder was bad!

Then... Broncbow.

MacGruder's still worse than broncbow, if only because I think he was actually serious about some of the stuff he said, and was trolling/attention whoring only about half the time. Broncbow is solely trolling/attention whoring.

Of course, I still think that broncbow is just another profile that MacGruder made when people learned to just ignore him/answer anything with projecting, so I guess it's a tie.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
You guys are obviously projecting in this witch hunt.

Broncbow
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
If it wasn't for Elway McDaniels would still be the one getting the glory for this season, its not as if McDaniels could not win eight games with a much worse team.

Vegas_Bronco
12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
MCass for JayCut right? Now that has been said we all can be calmed that McD knew exactly what he was doin and he ran on with other topics and mistakes in the same season just to prove a point that he could do so for that he could line up the 2nd pick of the draft for future success with Pat, X, Nolan, and McD all riding the lobster. Answer: Yes. (I project to digress)

Honestly though, we are a bit thin at wr and cb when we play a top 5 team this will become a glaring reality. Buffs sentiment is a common one with most fans...we need to beat a team of significance to gain the real respect. This requires mistake free as well as opportunistic game play. Tebow and the oline need to mature quickly to win in the nfl...we must take advantage of the short field on turnovers.

Broncbow
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I watched McD tank the season just like I am watching Elway trying to tank Tebow. It was brilliant manuever considering how the depth on this roster was.

Unfortunately Elway has taken what was one of the best WRing corps in the league last season, and has it looking like one of the worst by gutting our No.1 and No.2 receivers.

No doubt we need some help in the secondary and TE as well. There was no since adding WR to the mix that was stupid of Elway, the effort the guy is going to to tank Tebows season is mind boggling.

He knows he can't trade him if he allows him to be unleashed when we are not behind because everyone would fall too in love with him, at least this way he gives himself an out, but making folks think that he still lacks what it takes to be a great QB.

There is a reason why McDaniels has more Super Bowl rings than Elway. Josh has much more experience than Elway does in regards to the day to day operations of running a dynasty in the modern era. While Josh was running the greatest offense in modern era, Elway was selling cars.

Thing is whether you respect it or not the ripple effect of McDaniels legacy as a Broncos HC/GM is still playing itself out, and flawelessly I might add.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM

DUDE STOP DRINKING THE CRAZY JUICE

Dagmar
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Stop quoting him DAN most people now have the troll on ignore.