PDA

View Full Version : Met Derrick Harvey and Rahim Moore

Boobs McGee
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
One of the really cool parts about my new job (started working as an auto broker for Centennial Leasing and Sales a few months ago), is that I've gotten to meet a couple of Bronco's players at the carwash we go to.

Two months ago, I had a chance to meet Derrick Harvey. Talk about a huge individual...he just towers over you with an intimidating scowl on his face. No one else there recognized him (or if they did,they didn't say anything), so I decided to go up and make some small talk. Nicest guy in the world. He actually muted his phone when it rang, and bs'd with me a bit about how he likes Denver (loves it here, says the fans are awesome ^5 ), how he's adjusting to the weather, how much he likes Tebow (at the time, it was during the Orton/Tebow debate, and he had nothing but nice things to say about Kyle as well)...etc etc. He said coach Fox is a true players coach, someone you really enjoy working for. Said Del Rio was an idiot, hated playing for him, really glad he's here now.

Today, got to meet Rahim Moore. For the incredible punch he packs when he hits people, his size is a little misleading. I'm about 6', and he was just barely taller than me. Nothing out of the ordinary, size wise he just looked like an athletic guy. Anywho, I just went up and high fived him (he was on the phone) and said kick some ass this weekend. He thanked me, and a few minutes later after we'd both paid for our washes, I told him how effed up I thought it was for the fines he'd gotten. He laughed and agreed. A few minutes later, the TV in the waiting area was on ESPN, and ****ing loudmouthed dip**** Stephen A Smith was spouting off about god knows what. I'm standing there watching, and glance over at Rahim (who's sitting down near me), and get his attention. I asked him who the Bronco's hated more, Merril Hodge or Stephen A. He laughed and started explaining to me how much bs there is in the media. He and other players call tv the "ignorant box", because the vast majority of **** you hear is from people that don't have ANY idea what's going on. Nobody's in the locker room, on the grass, in meetings...none of those guys know what the hell is going on, and so he and the other players just laugh, don't let it get to them. I asked him what he thought about the fans reaction to Elways comments, he laughed again and said, everybody LOVED elway when he was a player, now they're turning on him because they get sucked in by the media hype. He basically said that as players, they just ignore the media circus because no one outside of Dove Valley has a clue what happens behind closed doors.

Rahim was ALSO an incredibly nice guy, took time to talk to a fan and do some bs'ing, very down to earth.

Anywho, if I meet any other Bronco's players, I'll be sure and try to let you guys know, just thought it was cool to hear some player perspective on this stuff.

Steve Prefontaine
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM
They have a car wash behind the Bronco bench? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks for sharing. That's pretty cool you got to meet and talk with them.

Houshyamama
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Met Elway and Shanahan (and Johnny Bench) when I was a caddie at Cherry Hills. I think that was... 98? It was the summer after the first SB win over the Packers. I just remember Elway being massive. I was caddying for someone in his group and he came up to me and introduced himself. Nice guy. It was like meeting your favorite superhero.

oubronco
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Very cool Boobs sounds like you got the hookup keep em coming

hookemhess
12-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I like the part where boobs.

Houshyamama
12-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I like the part where boobs.

also the boobs

broncocalijohn
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Boobs>Cutlerfan

You must study the headshots of Broncos' players because I rarely see them without their helmets unless I am watching a presser. Harvey? I would have know idea if he was on the Broncos or not (but assuming so in Denver with that size).

Boobs McGee
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Hahaha to be fair, when I saw Harvey, he looked familiar, but I had to do a little research...he still had Florida plates, so I whipped out the ol smart phone and did some investigating. I knew rahim ( who was wearing a dope Broncos beanie btw), cause I'm a ucla fan ;)

Chris
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
My only connection to Elway is that he had a threesome with my coworker's then 20 year old friend and some other chick 10 years ago... said his wife was ok with it.

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Man I hope Rahim really develops and becomes the next great Broncos safety. As for Harvey we can only hope he pans out. It'd be nice if he became an impact player on the dline and hopefully with Fox help, he'll get there...

broncocalijohn
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
My only connection to Elway is that he had a threesome with my coworker's then 20 year old friend and some other chick 10 years ago... said his wife was ok with it.

and probably the smoking gun for his wife and him to get divorced. Thank your friends for breaking up their marriage. Signed, Over the top Elway supporter.

Los Broncos
12-06-2011, 12:56 PM
That's cool, I remember meeting Gerald Willhite.

ghwk
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Did you tell them about the Mane and invite them on? NO?? FAIL!! :rofl:

Next time tell them your nickname is boobs. That should get them on here.

Boobs McGee
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Haha somehow I managed to leave that information out (AND forgot to give him a business card...but he was driving a new escalade so oh well), TJ, forgiiiiiiive meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BigPlayShay
12-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Ray Brown at your place of business is good people!

Boobs McGee
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Ray Brown at your place of business is good people!

Yes he is! Actually, everyone here is pretty damn awesome! I'm part of a good group ;D

Kaylore
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Or just tell them "boobs" and walk away assuming they know everything - because they do.

McDman
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Two chicks or a dude and a chick?

Jason in LA
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
My first year covering high school football was Moore's junior year at Dorsey, which is right down the street from the paper that I work at. That's the team that I've covered the most in my five years on the job. He was a cool guy back then. I bumped into him a few times while he was at UCLA and he always spoke to me.

He's not that tall, but he's a pretty thick guy. And he has good speed. He was on the track team in high school and his team won the city title in the 4x100 relay. He was first leg. He got thicker in college.

I think this is the longest time in his career that he's rode the bench. He was All City as a DB all three years that he played varsity. I'm assuming that he played JV his freshman year, which he more than likely was a starter. He was a starter from day one at UCLA. The guy can play.

ghwk
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Or just tell them "boobs" and walk away assuming they know everything - because they do.

I wonder if there are team rules about this sort of thing. Heck we don't even see Kupe'sDad on her any more.

orange crusher
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Heck we don't even see Kupe'sDad on her any more.

Hopefully, you're referring to Kupe'sMom. :~ohyah!:

Perry1977
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Not sure why you thought Moore's size was misleading but if you watched the draft, his shoulders were about half as broad as John Lynch's and Shannon Sharpe's and it looked as though both of them could just pick him up and snap him like a twig. Quintin Carter, now that dude's built like a safety. But Moore is built like the Artist, formerly known as Prince.

Glad you got to meet them both though, it's pretty cool when that happens. I remember when we ran into George Foster at a Bennigans after a game....my brother's girlfriend went up to him to ask for his autograph, and them my brother went up to him a couple minutes later while they were still talking and said, "Hey, you hittin' on my woman?" Of course he was joking but its a good thing that Foster, who laughed, got the joke, because my bro is about 5'8" 150. lol (And yes his shoulders are a little more broad than Moore's....but not much...)

broncocalijohn
12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I wonder if there are team rules about this sort of thing. Heck we don't even see Kupe'sDad on her any more.

No, but he has told us about it.

broncosteven
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Or have a discussion about the life and times of Gene Kranz with them.

Boobs McGee
05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
update, just met Von MF Miller! Dude is a BEAST!!! I'm about 6' 270ish (closer to 265 now), and I would neeeeeeva eva eva eva wanna get hit by this man. Straight jacked. Really nice guy, talked for about 10 minutes. Very respectful, loves the Colorado weather, excited for this year, hand feels great. Super cool human being. Just a class act, excited for Broncos Football, and I gushed over him being the next Great for about 5 minutes while he smiled and listened patiently haha.

Didn't mention Gene, but one of the hottest women I've ever seen walked by and I forgot what I was talking to him about momentarily haha.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/bronconia/295039_10151699493835184_563455183_23767021_105682 6617_n.jpg

oh, and btw, that's my "holy **** I'm getting pictures with future hall of fame Von Miller" look ;D

cmhargrove
05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
You should have asked to wear his glasses, that would be the money shot...

maher_tyler
05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
update, just met Von MF Miller! Dude is a BEAST!!! I'm about 6' 270ish (closer to 265 now), and I would neeeeeeva eva eva eva wanna get hit by this man. Straight jacked. Really nice guy, talked for about 10 minutes. Very respectful, loves the Colorado weather, excited for this year, hand feels great. Super cool human being. Just a class act, excited for Broncos Football, and I gushed over him being the next Great for about 5 minutes while he smiled and listened patiently haha.

Didn't mention Gene, but one of the hottest women I've ever seen walked by and I forgot what I was talking to him about momentarily haha.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/bronconia/295039_10151699493835184_563455183_23767021_105682 6617_n.jpg

oh, and btw, that's my "holy **** I'm getting pictures with future hall of fame Von Miller" look ;D

Thats bad ass dude!!

Requiem
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Awesome, Boobs. :D

Kaylore
05-17-2012, 01:57 PM

Von Miller AND the lead singer of Smash Mouth? LUCKY!!!!!

Beantown Bronco
05-17-2012, 02:02 PM

Hey now! He's a rock star!

Boobs McGee
05-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Get your game on, get paaaid

oubronco
05-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Very Cool Boobs!!!

UberBroncoMan
05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Still waiting for picture of hottest woman ever.

NFLBRONCO
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
That's cool, I remember meeting Gerald Willhite.

Did he trip and fall before shaking your hand :)

ghwk
05-17-2012, 03:14 PM

And that's his "S**t. Gotta take another picture with some pasty white dude, why am I not taking a picture with his pre tractor avatar?" look. Hilarious!

broncogary
05-17-2012, 03:28 PM

How did you lose 5 pounds while you were posting?

And what happened to your avatar?

RubberDuckie24
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Two months ago, I had a chance to meet Derrick Harvey. He said coach Fox is a true players coach, someone you really enjoy working for. Said Del Rio was an idiot, hated playing for him, really glad he's here now.

Lol.

broncosteven
05-17-2012, 04:32 PM

You totally should have brought Gene Kranz up, Von wears glasses, everyone who wears glasses is smart and stuff.

broncosteven
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Boobs, you should have totally asked who the short Chinese dude was in Vegas.

Chris
05-17-2012, 04:35 PM

Pretty sure he is the guy in Mighty Mighty Bosstones....

bowtown
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Pretty sure he is the guy in Mighty Mighty Bosstones....

Nope. It's Uncle Cracker.

Kaylore
05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Boobs, you should have totally asked who the short Chinese dude was in Vegas.

Hilarious!

i4jelway7
05-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Said Del Rio was an idiot, hated playing for him, really glad he's here now.

Hilarious!