PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Klosterman on Tim Tebow

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
"It's easy to understand why Elway refuses to embrace Tebow. Elway came to the Broncos as the most pro-ready quarterback of his generation, yet people in Denver hammered him for 10 years. They were still making fun of his teeth in 1998. He must look at Tebow's fan base and think, Why do they love him so much? I was more polished than this guy as a senior in high school. This is insane. What am I not seeing?"

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7319858/the-people-hate-tim-tebow

55CrushEm
12-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah. He was more polished yet less accurate through his first 10 games. But people hammer Tebow on his accuracy......

TheReverend
12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
A fairly interesting read.

Spider
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
**** ..............really ..........we need a sarcasm smiley this **** is gettin insane

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
**** ..............really ..........we need a sarcasm smiley this **** is gettin insane

Post more about tebow in threads that have nothing to do with tebow ldo

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I really love Klosterman. If I could sit down with one person for an hour and talk about society and life, he'd be in my top 5 choices. Not a huge fan of his fiction, but his non fiction books are always interesting.

Kid A
12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Mostly just a more intelligent than usual take on the religious hubbub that surrounds the Tebow controversy. While the criticism of Tim on the whole has had more to do with playing style, hype coming out of college, etc I thought this paragraph nailed why he elicits hate from so many casual sports fans (especially on the Internet):

I doubt many Christians believe that God is unfairly helping Tebow win games in the AFC West. I'm sure a few hardcores might, but not many. However, I get the impression that especially antagonistic secularists assume this assumption infiltrates every aspect of Tebow's celebrity, and that explains why he's so beloved by strangers they cannot relate to. Their negative belief is that penitent, conservative Americans look at Tebow and see a man being "rewarded" for his faith, which validates the idea that believing in something abstract is more important than understanding something real. And this makes them worried about the future, because they see that thinking everywhere. It seems like the thinking that ran this country into the ground.

The Roethlisberger perception comparison was also a good take, I thought.

Kaylore
12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
This is a great read, even if you don't agree with everything as I do. He hits many, many layers. Thank you for posting this.

SureShot
12-06-2011, 09:16 AM

:rofl:

Kaylore
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Mostly just a more intelligent than usual take on the religious hubbub that surrounds the Tebow controversy. While the criticism of Tim on the whole has had more to do with playing style, hype coming out of college, etc I thought this paragraph nailed why he elicits hate from so many casual sports fans (especially on the Internet):

Exactly. He really captures both sides, which is helpful to some who don't understand the other. Love his brutal honesty with himself. As a reader you have immediate buy-in.

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3406399&postcount=24

In a thread about safeties. The people who complain about too much coverage are the media who are the one covering him and the ones who post about him constantly on here.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2011, 09:23 AM
A fairly interesting read.
An interesting read, but also one that attempts to downplay his influence on the game with his play, as in suggesting he "completed three passes of 20 yards or more" in the 2nd half, ie; suggesting little more needed to be said, but anyone who watched that knows that doesn't speak to what was happening in the game or what he did. I found it philosophically provoking and better than most of the drivel being written though.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Interesting piece of writing. Maybe he's right? Perhaps Tebow isn't the issue? Perhaps he's just a catalyst that drives us to peel away at the world we live in, like an onion? Times are bad and there's a struggle between faith and cynicism. He wouldn't be the first sports figure to become the metaphor of his times.

Man-Goblin
12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I had to look up the word pejorative.

BroncoInferno
12-06-2011, 09:28 AM

That was a great passage. Klosterman is the ****ing man. Always loved his nonfiction work.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Interesting piece of writing. Maybe he's right? Perhaps Tebow isn't the issue? Perhaps he's just a catalyst that drives us to peel away at the world we live in, like an onion? Times are bad and there's a struggle between faith and cynicism. He wouldn't be the first sports figure to become the metaphor of his times.

Well, Tebow DEF isnt the issue...he's really a passive public figure that people love to have an opinion on. All he does is play football and say nice things. His mere presence, based on his values and his unorthodox play, is a kickstarter for someones own self-reflective opinion.

ludo21
12-06-2011, 09:34 AM
this

This, I think, is what makes Tebow so maddening to those who hate him: He refuses to say anything that would validate the suspicion that he's fake (or na´ve or self-righteous or dumb).

and this

It's not that he usually says the right things; he only says the right things, all the time.

love tebows talent on the field, and his personality and nonflava clown attitude off it.

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
"It's easy to understand why Elway refuses to embrace Tebow.

It may be easy to understand the many reasons why, but coping with it is not. Elway ought to recuse himself from the FO.

bowtown
12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
It may be easy to understand the many reasons why, but coping with it is not. Elway ought to recuse himself from the FO.

You should recuse yourself from the OM.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, Tebow DEF isnt the issue...he's really a passive public figure that people love to have an opinion on. All he does is play football and say nice things. His mere presence, based on his values and his unorthodox play, is a kickstarter for someones own self-reflective opinion.

Yep. It goes pretty deep. Why does Iago hate Othello? Shakespeare gives no legitimate reason. Just because. Why does Snidely Whiplash hate Dudley Do-Right? ;D

bowtown
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Yep. It goes pretty deep. Why does Iago hate Othello? Shakespeare gives no legitimate reason. Just because. Why does Snidely Whiplash hate Dudley Do-Right? ;D

You know...

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Hey Broncbow -- I'm guessing that you're a former Tebow/Gators fan who has followed his favorite player to the NFL and the Denver Broncos. That's more than cool -- we're pleased and honored to welcome you to the family.

However, I think you should realize that most of us on this board feel the same way about John Elway that you do about Tim Tebow -- I lived and died with that man every Sunday for 13 seasons, from 1986 to 1998. He was my boyhood sports idol, and always will be.

I don't agree with his current handling of the Tebow situation -- but we Broncos fans owe him a huge debt for all he's done for the franchise over the years, and I think he has earned our patience and our respect. He's a rookie at this job, but like Tebow, he's a winner and he's going to keep coming to work and getting better. Give him a chance, and realize that comments like those above are inflammatory to us old-schoolers.

Spider
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Post more about tebow in threads that have nothing to do with tebow ldo

LOL your screen name fits ya ;d . good advice

Spider
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Hey Broncbow -- I'm guessing that you're a former Tebow/Gators fan who has followed his favorite player to the NFL and the Denver Broncos. That's more than cool -- we're pleased and honored to welcome you to the family.

However, I think you should realize that most of us on this board feel the same way about John Elway that you do about Tim Tebow -- I lived and died with that man every Sunday for 13 seasons, from 1986 to 1998. He was my boyhood sports idol, and always will be.

I don't agree with his current handling of the Tebow situation -- but we Broncos fans owe him a huge debt for all he's done for the franchise over the years, and I think he has earned our patience and our respect. He's a rookie at this job, but like Tebow, he's a winner and he's going to keep coming to work and getting better. Give him a chance, and realize that comments like those above are inflammatory to us old-schoolers.

well said ........very well said

Spider
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3406399&postcount=24

In a thread about safeties. The people who complain about too much coverage are the media who are the one covering him and the ones who post about him constantly on here.

do you understand the word sarcasm ?

Taco John
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm already a quarter through this article and it's the best article I've read on Tebow all year. Thanks for posting it.

SureShot
12-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Interesting podcast from Grantland as well. Bill Simmons and Gus Ramsey

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=7320270

Kaylore
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM

Get of here, you crappy transplant Gator douche!

delany
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
"Equally bizarre is the way both groups perceive themselves as the oppressed minority who are fighting against dominant public opinion, although I suppose that has become the way most Americans go through life."

I have noticed this phenomenon many times on this board. With Griese\Pummer, Shanny\Josh and now giddy\reserved on Tebow. Each groups perception as the oppressed minority is remarkably consistent from argument to argument.

MajorGCG
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM

He's the QB of one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Does your dumb @$$ really think that new articles WON"T be written about him? Moron.

SureShot
12-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Your posts disappoint Tebow.

http://nationalpostsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/1031tebow.jpg?w=620

alkemical
12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
"Equally bizarre is the way both groups perceive themselves as the oppressed minority who are fighting against dominant public opinion, although I suppose that has become the way most Americans go through life."

I have noticed this phenomenon many times on this board. With Griese\Pummer, Shanny\Josh and now giddy\reserved on Tebow. Each groups perception as the oppressed minority is remarkably consistent from argument to argument.

A persecution complex is a term given to an array of psychologically complex behaviours, that specifically deals with the perception of being persecuted, for various possible reasons, imagined or real.

People or groups who hold to marginal (non-mainstream) beliefs or theories often display some features of this malady, as a way of explaining why their views are not more widespread. It is also commonly displayed by people or groups whose beliefs actually are comparatively widespread, such as fundamentalist Christians.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Persecution_complex

...one of the great secrets of human nature is that the one thing people want more than love, security, sex, chocolate or big-screen TV's is to feel hard done by.

Why? Because being hard done by is the ****. Feeling hard done by is the sweetest of drugs. If you're being persecuted -- it must mean you're doing the right thing, right? You get the mellow buzz of the moral high ground, but without arrogantly claiming it as your own. You get an instant, supportive community in a big dark scary world of such scope it may well literally be beyond rational human processing. When you are hard done by, you get purpose in a life where otherwise, you'd have to find your own. And when you ride that high, then no amount of logic, no pointing out that in actuality you and your beliefs are at a high point of popularity and influence for the last hundred years -- is going to pry that sweet crack-pipe of moral indignation from your hands.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 10:10 AM

But like Klosterman points out, he does represent something: Faith. Faith as opposed to cynicism. The will to win over the mechanics of winning. He's not just saying nice things. He's Galahad. The chaste. He's the Parsifal of our times. Our critical minds would argue that we don't respond to these archetypes, but Jung believed we are hardwired for these associations in our collective unconscience.

Good thing Joseph Campbell is no longer around. In his reading of mythology the chaste figure attains kingship, but then is always sacrificed in the end. ;D

alkemical
12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
But like Klosterman points out, he does represent something: Faith. Faith as opposed to cynicism. The will to win over the mechanics of winning. He's not just saying nice things. He's Galahad. The chaste. He's the Parsifal of our times. Our critical minds would argue that we don't respond to these archetypes, but Jung believed we are hardwired for these associations in our collective unconscience.

Good thing Joseph Campbell is no longer around. In his reading of mythology the chaste figure attains kingship, but then is always sacrificed in the end. ;D

Maybe we have returned to Feudalism...

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe we have returned to Feudalism...

We never left. ;D

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 10:17 AM
The will to win over the mechanics of winning.

Yeah, that really does strike a chord with the American public, doesn't it? We respect players like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, but their technical mastery ultimately leaves us cold. Theirs is a very British, German, or Japanese game at heart. Tebow's style of play makes us proud to be Americans, for some strange reason.

DarkHorse30
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Good article, but I wish it had interjected the "what if Tebow were black notion", because it will never appear racist to doubt Tebow's skills, but it WOULD if you doubted Vick. :afro:

Both have similar games, yet one is IMMUNE from criticism on the politically correct national stage, despite serving time in prison for watching dogs kill each other for money. Further, it is easy for pundits to doubt Tebow's skills but impossible to doubt Vick's. Maybe I'm forgetting how the press handled Vick's skill set, but I don't remember any rancorous hubbub surrounding the dog killer's performance OTHER than that it was difficult to defend against.

I have not heard ONE pundit defend Tebow's hard to defend against skill set, why? Seems racist.

TonyR
12-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Fantastic read. I'm pleasantly surprised by this thread because after reading the article I expected post after post of "thiz ardicle sux and klosterman is a stoopid doosh" type comments. Intellectualism is alive on the Mane!

SureShot
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Fantastic read. I'm pleasantly surprised by this thread because after reading the article I expected post after post of "thiz ardicle sux and klosterman is a stoopid doosh" type comments. Intellectualism is alive on the Mane!

Apparently you missed post #4

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 10:34 AM

Klosterman is an urbane and erudite doosh... Merril Hoge is the stoopid doosh.

Dedhed
12-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Really interesting read. Nice to hear a writer outside the realm of sports-hack, hyperbolic journalism weigh in on the "Tebow thing".

55CrushEm
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Just finished reading.....excellent. Thanks.

Dedhed
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Apparently you missed post #4

Spider and intellect don't usually meet in one place; unless there's a throat punch involved.

55CrushEm
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
One of my favorite parts.....

"But try to imagine Tebow as a jerk.... The perception would be that his victory was due to his toughness. That's how the media would explain it. It wouldn't necessarily be true, but it would immediately make sense to people: We are comfortable with the idea that extra-bad people possess something intangible that helps them win football games. There is a long history of this, especially in places like Oakland. But it's less comfortable to think that extra-good people possess such qualities, because that suggests they're being helped by virtuous forces outside of corporeal reality. And that's too much to handle/accept/consider, unless (of course) you already accept that premise unconditionally in every day of your life."

Spider
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
He's the QB of one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Does your dumb @$$ really think that new articles WON"T be written about him? Moron.

dipshat , talking about the threads on the mane genius ............you tebonners are a disgrace .......

Dedhed
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Why does Iago hate Othello? Shakespeare gives no legitimate reason.
Which makes the reason fairly obvious.

Spider
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Spider and intellect don't usually meet in one place; unless there's a throat punch involved.

are you asking for one ? love to help you out

55CrushEm
12-06-2011, 10:55 AM
............you tebonners are a disgrace .......

as are you hillbillies......

:angel:

yerner
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
great find. thanks.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Which makes the reason fairly obvious.

Race? But Iago never says that. Other characters in the play make those references for themselves, but Iago never does. He even says that he is suspicious that Othello has slept with his wife, but doesn't care if it's true or not, he'll treat it as true.

True story. A troupe was putting on Othello in the Old West when an enraged audience member pulled out his six shooter and shot the actor playing Iago dead on the stage. On his tombstone they inscribed, "Here lies the greatest actor ever."

MajorGCG
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
dipshat , talking about the threads on the mane genius ............you tebonners are a disgrace .......

The same applies to new threads, but clearly rational thought isn't your forte. And "boner" only has one "n". You can't even insult people correctly.

cmhargrove
12-06-2011, 11:24 AM

I haven't read the article yet, but that Colostoman dude is a dubbel-doosh for sure. A nasty, used double-doosh.

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Really interesting read. Nice to hear a writer outside the realm of sports-hack, hyperbolic journalism weigh in on the "Tebow thing".

Klosterman is a quite active sports writer.

Armchair Bronco
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Very interesting article. Very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Race? But Iago never says that. Other characters in the play make those references for themselves, but Iago never does. He even says that he is suspicious that Othello has slept with his wife, but doesn't care if it's true or not, he'll treat it as true.

True story. A troupe was putting on Othello in the Old West when an enraged audience member pulled out his six shooter and shot the actor playing Iago dead on the stage. On his tombstone they inscribed, "Here lies the greatest actor ever."

Actually, not to turn this into a shakespearean thread, Iago makes allusions to Othello's race...more to irk others than as reason for hate though. But yes, his base is some kind of pathological hatred

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM

He is a stoopid doosh.

"I've just watched the Denver Broncos defeat the Minnesota Vikings, 35-32. Tebow was awful in the first half, passing for just 13 yards."

Tebow passed for 29 yards, 40 if DT gets his toe in. His 6 attempts would have been a 6.66 yard average. Tebow rushed for 13 yards the entire game. what a doosh. :~ohyah!:

Let's take a look at what happened outside of the last minute of the second half shall we?

1st & 10 ~ incomplete fingertipped pass.

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 4 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass called back DT out of bounds after review.

3rd & 19 ~ Completed pass

Can someone explain to me how we are supposed to expect tebow to thrive under these passing conditions? Tebow has only one pass attempt the entire first half on 1st down; outside of the last minute where he managed to complete the last pass he threw which was on first down.

If DT's toe did not touch the line Tebow would have had only one incomplete pass the entire first half. How in the hell is that aweful. I'll tell you what is aweful, this sabotaging scheme that is strategically designed to make Tebow appear as being aweful.

Having 80% of Tebows passing attempts on 3rd down's outside of the last minute of the half is not going to cut it against the Patriots. Especially after Ponder just jacked the Broncos for 393 yards and 3 TD's.

2nd half Tebow passes it on first down of the initial drive and then again on first down later in that thrive to finally blast the vikings on 3rd and 9 for a TD. This is how you put defenders on their heels.

Imagine that next drive we run three times in a row and have to punt. Because we are only down by one. Go figure the Vikings score a TD and guess what happens then?

Tebow comes out shelling them with the pass on first down of that drive for a TD~!!

Go figure pnce we are down by one, Tebow does not pass it again until the 5th play of the drive, and imagine that it is on 3rd and 12. Tebow completes the pass but it comes back because of a holding penalty and we wind up punting.

Vikings score on the next drive and imagine that you guessed it, tebow throws on first down of the first play of the drive, he jacks the Vikings for 42 yards. Next play Mcgahee punches it in from 24 yards out. And Tebow ties the game with a two point conversion.

Vikings score on the next drive, now who can guess what the first play of the next drive is? You guessed it, Tebow passing it on first down. Pass is ruled incomplete and Tebow jacks the Vikings two more consecutive times for 52 yards taking the ball from the 20 to their 28.

Well now that we are close enought to take a couple strikes into the endzone or rather are in FG territory Fox ties it up by tying
Tebow's hands again cut him off to being relegated to a another 3rd and long pass attemt that falls incomplete. FG ties it up.

After a miraculous int that hands the offense the ball at the opponents 15 yard line, You'd think Tebow would get one shot at the end zone, One shot to run it, But nope... The demontrous effort to keep Tebow from taking the glory off the field is mind blowing. It is not only in black and white but predictabvle game after game after game.

Elway is indeed sabotaging Tebow, while exploiting his abilities in an as needed basis.

Tebow was not aweful in the first half, Elway and Fox where.

TonyR
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
He is a stoopid doosh.

"I've just watched the Denver Broncos defeat the Minnesota Vikings, 35-32. Tebow was awful in the first half, passing for just 13 yards."

Did you bother to read the rest?

I've just watched the Denver Broncos defeat the Minnesota Vikings, 35-32. Tebow was awful in the first half, passing for just 13 yards. He was quite good in the second half, finishing 10-of-15 for the game and completing three passes of more than 20 yards, a minor achievement he hadn't accomplished all year. The Broncos won by intercepting a pass in the final minute and kicking an easy field goal, so it would be misleading and reactionary and inaccurate to say that Tebow won them the game. But Tebow won them the game.

Context, my dear boy. Context. And a little perspective wouldn't hurt, either. His point went right over your silly little head.

Kid A
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
He is a stoopid doosh.

Uh, I think your knee jerk reaction to any less than complimentary summary of Tebow's play might have caused you to miss the actual point of the article...

But I'm sure Alpha S was more than happy to read that wall of text! Needs more emoticons, though. :pimp:

jonny1
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
"It's easy to understand why Elway refuses to embrace Tebow. Elway came to the Broncos as the most pro-ready quarterback of his generation, yet people in Denver hammered him for 10 years. They were still making fun of his teeth in 1998. He must look at Tebow's fan base and think, Why do they love him so much? I was more polished than this guy as a senior in high school. This is insane. What am I not seeing?"

I don't understand, I read the whole article, and did not see this paragraph.

Taco John
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Elway is indeed sabotaging Tebow, while exploiting his abilities in an as needed basis.

Elway is sabotaging Tebow, while simultaneously "exploiting" his abilities to win football games as needed. That's brilliant!

Yeah, you're exactly what this forum needed. Someone enlightened to show us all the error of our ways.

What bidding do you require of us today, Sensei?

Kid A
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't understand, I read the whole article, and did not see this paragraph.

It was one of the footnotes off in the margin.

Spider
12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The same applies to new threads, but clearly rational thought isn't your forte. And "boner" only has one "n". You can't even insult people correctly.

well if half you ****ers keep you happy happy Tebonner thoughts to a few threads instead of pissing all over yourself an starting a new one ......
Rational thought and a TEBONNER :rofl: Make me laugh shiathead , you ****ers get major wood over anything Tebow and run here and start 50 different ****ing threads .......

Jetmeck
12-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Actually you need to get some perspective..................

Falconer
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I really enjoyed the article. Thanks for posting.

Vine
12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
He is a stoopid doosh.

Tebow passed for 29 yards, 40 if DT gets his toe in. His 6 attempts would have been a 6.66 yard average. Tebow rushed for 13 yards the entire game. what a doosh. :~ohyah!:

Let's take a look at what happened outside of the last minute of the second half shall we?

1st & 10 ~ incomplete fingertipped pass.

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 4 ~ Completed pass

3rd & 9 ~ Completed pass called back DT out of bounds after review.

3rd & 19 ~ Completed pass

Can someone explain to me how we are supposed to expect tebow to thrive under these passing conditions? Tebow has only one pass attempt the entire first half on 1st down; outside of the last minute where he managed to complete the last pass he threw which was on first down.

If DT's toe did not touch the line Tebow would have had only one incomplete pass the entire first half. How in the hell is that aweful. I'll tell you what is aweful, this sabotaging scheme that is strategically designed to make Tebow appear as being aweful.

Having 80% of Tebows passing attempts on 3rd down's outside of the last minute of the half is not going to cut it against the Patriots. Especially after Ponder just jacked the Broncos for 393 yards and 3 TD's.

2nd half Tebow passes it on first down of the initial drive and then again on first down later in that thrive to finally blast the vikings on 3rd and 9 for a TD. This is how you put defenders on their heels.

Imagine that next drive we run three times in a row and have to punt. Because we are only down by one. Go figure the Vikings score a TD and guess what happens then?

Tebow comes out shelling them with the pass on first down of that drive for a TD~!!

Go figure pnce we are down by one, Tebow does not pass it again until the 5th play of the drive, and imagine that it is on 3rd and 12. Tebow completes the pass but it comes back because of a holding penalty and we wind up punting.

Vikings score on the next drive and imagine that you guessed it, tebow throws on first down of the first play of the drive, he jacks the Vikings for 42 yards. Next play Mcgahee punches it in from 24 yards out. And Tebow ties the game with a two point conversion.

Vikings score on the next drive, now who can guess what the first play of the next drive is? You guessed it, Tebow passing it on first down. Pass is ruled incomplete and Tebow jacks the Vikings two more consecutive times for 52 yards taking the ball from the 20 to their 28.

Well now that we are close enought to take a couple strikes into the endzone or rather are in FG territory Fox ties it up by tying
Tebow's hands again cut him off to being relegated to a another 3rd and long pass attemt that falls incomplete. FG ties it up.

After a miraculous int that hands the offense the ball at the opponents 15 yard line, You'd think Tebow would get one shot at the end zone, One shot to run it, But nope... The demontrous effort to keep Tebow from taking the glory off the field is mind blowing. It is not only in black and white but predictabvle game after game after game.

Great post. Pretty much sums up why any notion of Fox winning coach of the year infuriates me.

Spider
12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Actually you need to get some perspective..................

:rofl: from a jizz drinker like your self ? no thanks .......naw i will sift through the 50 some or so new Tebow threads daily , Obviously it is to much to ask you butt ****ing tebonners to condense threads ........ Instead of 1 media thread about Tebow , you ignorant ****ers seem to think we need 5 or 6

extralife
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Why does Iago hate Othello? Shakespeare gives no legitimate reason.

except the whole green-eyed monster thing

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Terrible article. Not sure why so many found it "interesting". So many flawed premises and bizarre analogies...

vonqkilla
12-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Lol @ ag

Teebs defies logic only to those who have been brainwashed by the careers of gunslingers where ints are part of what you get with them. Farve took the vikes to within yards of a sb, with few ints, next year, opposite. Force teams to go 80 yards everytime, dont make mistakes, and win the trenches.

Tebow makes us win the trenches, mathematically on zone reads fyi.

He's only getting better. The amazing part to me is how he left last year, sucked at the beginning this year, and has improved so much in 7 starts this year. He is gonna be great given time. Patience with him will yeild big results.

As as has been said, as bad as he is, what is bad is fixable. Fix that, and watch out.

To the article, I am of the lot of knowledgeable fans who have didnt need faith to realize what we saw was a legit playmaker with huge upside.

Doubting him became popular and yet to me was illogical because of what I saw him accomplish vs nfl defenses in the sec. And everything wrong was fixable. Being at the texan game was incredible. I didnt have faith he would lead us back, I just knew he would come out and execute, and make plays to get us there. Why did people doubt him?

Why still?

I dont get it. Its obvious he has flaws, but you can see the improvement.

When he has consistently established this is the norm, it will be expected of him, and then this hype will go down from Tebow this, Tebow that...

To the Broncos are legit team every sunday because of Tim Tebow, not here comes the freak show starring TT.

Once the playcalling catches up with the talent, we will be in position to win more than regular season games.

I predict that starts sunday with a blowout w over chicago.

Faith is for the weak. Knowing is legit.

Tebow knows jesus loves him in heaven, I know Tebow is a badass football player, and I know we are going to beat the sht outta the bears.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Terrible article. Not sure why so many found it "interesting". So many flawed premises and bizarre analogies...

Everybody else must be wrong then. :spit:

errand
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah. He was more polished yet less accurate through his first 10 games. But people hammer Tebow on his accuracy......

In fairness to Elway, tim gets hammered on his accuracy beacause with the new rules almost any clown can complete 60 percent of his passes.

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Everybody else must be wrong then. :spit:

There's little doubt in my mind of that...

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
In fairness to Elway, tim gets hammered on his accuracy beacause with the new rules almost any clown can complete 60 percent of his passes.

Nearly half of the starting QBs in the NFL would disagree...