PDA

View Full Version : The Safety Position

Doggcow
12-06-2011, 03:00 AM
I'm kind of worried now.

How long is Carter out? Concussion isn't good for a player like him...

Is Moore still hurt too?

Our white guy was an embarrassment on the one play I saw him... I hope to Tebow he's not there for a whole game...

Caveat Lector
12-06-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm kind of worried now.

Is Moore still hurt too?

Our white guy was an embarrassment on the one play I saw him... I hope to Tebow he's not there for a whole game...

Moore is/was not hurt. Healthy scratch on Sunday...

Inkana7
12-06-2011, 03:32 AM
I thought Carter came out with cramps, not a concussion?

ZONA
12-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Moore is/was not hurt. Healthy scratch on Sunday...

Not sure why he would have been a health scratch. I thought he was starting to play well and then had the injury. If anybody has more on this.........no pun intended.

Doggcow
12-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Not sure why he would have been a health scratch. I thought he was starting to play well and then had the injury. If anybody has more on this.........no pun intended.

Yeah I'm confused. I checked Rotoworld and it said he was benched for Carter, but wtf wouldn't he have played as 2nd string?

I'm really worried if we trot 34 out there again...

CHANGSTER
12-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Was wondering what happened to Moore. Seems like I haven't seen that guy in a while.

tsiguy96
12-06-2011, 04:43 AM
he was benched at after week 5 (with orton) for carter, and he doesnt play special teams so he was behind the safeties that do.

Jay3
12-06-2011, 04:53 AM

To be fair, there was also a little bloating.

tsiguy96
12-06-2011, 04:59 AM
mays came out with cramps, which is why nasty nate irving was in for some plays

houghtam
12-06-2011, 05:30 AM
To be fair, there was also a little bloating.

/guffaw

Rabb
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
he was benched at after week 5 (with orton) for carter, and he doesnt play special teams so he was behind the safeties that do.

and he wasn't tackling as well either honestly, Carter was letting us use Dawkins more effectively it seems

strafen
12-06-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm kind of worried now.

Is Moore still hurt too?

Our white guy was an embarrassment on the one play I saw him... I hope to Tebow he's not there for a whole game...McCarthy?
The kid played well on preseason; well enough to make the team.
He knew he ****ed up on that Percy Harvin tackle, but again, Percy makes a lot of people look bad.
I wouldn't give up on him just yet...

Drek
12-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Moore was likely a healthy inactive because our primary concern with Minnesota was the power running game and Moore can't tackle for ****. Carter can and McCarthy, unless he's getting clowned by Harvin, can as well.

I would expect us to play McCarthy over Moore again this week if Carter can't go, not based on McCarthy being better than Moore but instead because McCarthy is a better safety for the gameplan we'll have against Hanie (no threat) and Barber (legit threat). We'll want all the in the box tackle finishers we can get.

LittleFloyd
12-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Moore didn't play because he is not a great special teams player and he obviously has issues tackling.

TheChamp24
12-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I miss Moore, I don't think I've seen him in forever.

Shananahan
12-06-2011, 07:58 AM
McCarthy?
The kid played well on preseason; well enough to make the team.
He knew he ****ed up on that Percy Harvin tackle, but again, Percy makes a lot of people look bad.
I wouldn't give up on him just yet...
He played one good game against Dallas or whoever. Other than that he looked slow and lost, especially toward the end of the preseason. There's a reason he was cut: he's a not good.

Turd_Ferguson
12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Moore was likely a healthy inactive because our primary concern with Minnesota was the power running game and Moore can't tackle for ****. Carter can and McCarthy, unless he's getting clowned by Harvin, can as well.

I would expect us to play McCarthy over Moore again this week if Carter can't go, not based on McCarthy being better than Moore but instead because McCarthy is a better safety for the gameplan we'll have against Hanie (no threat) and Barber (legit threat). We'll want all the in the box tackle finishers we can get.

When did Marion the Barbie become legit again? He is old and broken. If you shut down Chicago's special teams and you put Champ on Johnny Knox you win....Well as long as Tebow can stiff arm Urlacher while firing a touchdown to DT, they should only need one.

TheChamp24
12-06-2011, 08:16 AM
When did Marion the Barbie become legit again? He is old and broken. If you shut down Chicago's special teams and you put Champ on Johnny Knox you win....Well as long as Tebow can stiff arm Urlacher while firing a touchdown to DT, they should only need one.

If Tyler Palko can throw a TD pass against the Bears, I'm pretty sure Tebow can.

Dedhed
12-06-2011, 08:27 AM
He played one good game against Dallas or whoever. Other than that he looked slow and lost, especially toward the end of the preseason. There's a reason he was cut: he's a not good.

Yeah, I don't see McCarthy as a legitimate option. Moore's been injured a couple of times, and hasn't been a contributor on STs, but he's hands down a better option to McCarthy, imo.

eddie mac
12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Moore and Carter were both reaches in a horrible class for safeties so do not expect 2nd/3rd rd production from them, certainly not yet anyway. They should be nowhere near starting in this league at this point but needs must.

Dedhed
12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Moore and Carter were both reaches in a horrible class for safeties so do not expect 2nd/3rd rd production from them, certainly not yet anyway. They should be nowhere near starting in this league at this point but needs must.

I'd say we're already getting 3rd round production out of Carter.

BroncoBen
12-06-2011, 08:39 AM
and he wasn't tackling as well either honestly, Carter was letting us use Dawkins more effectively it seems

That is what I heard on the Radio as well... that Moore wasn't tackeling very well and Carter was. Not to mention that Carter has better coverage skills then the coaches thought, which is what Moore was suppose to bring.

If Carter can't go.. then I am sure Moore will be starting again.

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 08:47 AM

How is carter a reach in the 4th?

Spider
12-06-2011, 08:52 AM
What in the hell does this have to do with Tebow ?

Eldorado
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
What in the hell does this have to do with Tebow ?

We should put Tebow at saftey? SB!!!

fontaine
12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
This is going to be a pretty good offseason for DBs. I hope Denver can grab Brandon Carr and someone like Reggie Nelson

oubronco
12-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Not sure if serious Carter's been playing well

Requiem
12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Moore and Carter were probably the two best safeties in this class and we got them at great value spots.

Spider
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
We should put Tebow at saftey? SB!!!

I dont dee why not , I just read somewhere , that Tebows was the Next Jordan

elsid13
12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I dont dee why not , I just read somewhere , that Tebows was the Next Jordan

But he will never be as good as Dirk*

*old mane insider joke......

Hulamau
12-06-2011, 10:18 AM
If Tyler Palko can throw a TD pass against the Bears, I'm pretty sure Tebow can.

Yeah true enough but that wasn't a real TD pass by Plako it was a Hail Mary gift from beyond.

Spider
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
But he will never be as good as Dirk*

*old mane insider joke......

:rofl:

Pony Boy
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM

Was he spotting too or was it just cramps?