PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not, Elway once had critics.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Believe it or not, Tebow isn't the only high profile Denver QB to have critics.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-3981371.html

Even though many thought Elway was the perfect QB prospect back in the day, he had his share of critics. You'd think he might empathize with our current QB and appreciate how he's performing in light of this. I'm not saying he doesn't appreciate it but the perception is out there that he doesn't.

NEW ORLEANS Already unpopular in Denver for predicting a lopsided 49er victory Sunday, former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw added blasphemy to insult Wednesday by criticizing Broncos quarterback John Elway.
The CBS-TV analyst said Elway has matured slowly in seven NFL seasons because Denver's fans and coaches have coddled him.
"He's too inconsistent," Bradshaw said. "He lets too many things bother him. He's got to get a little tougher emotionally. I …

BTW, Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hillbilly and I can't stand it when he's on my tv (and not because of what he said about Elway).

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I remember when Elway was the starting QB, and the Denver papers were writing articles on what kind of Halloween candy he was handing out, and then bashing him him (IIRC) because they were only giving away candy corns or some lame candy unbecoming of a multi-million dollar QB.

So, yes, Elway was under scruitiny and had plenty of critics as a QB.

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
He still does... Rightly so...

gunns
12-05-2011, 07:07 PM

Even though many thought Elway was the perfect QB prospect back in the day, he had his share of critics. You'd think he might empathize with our current QB and appreciate how he's performing in light of this. I'm not saying he doesn't appreciate it but the perception is out there that he doesn't.

BTW, Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hillbilly and I can't stand it when he's on my tv (and not because of what he said about Elway).

While I agree Elway had critics the fact you would use Bradshaw as an example is hilarious. One of the most overrated QB's in history and just desserts he had to hand the Lombardi to Elway. And comparing anything Tebow to anything Elway is becoming stupidity at it's best. That's why the media shouldn't form someone's opinion. Tebow is who he is and not a traditional QB, yet he is winning. Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won. So stop.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
While I agree Elway had critics the fact you would use Bradshaw as an example is hilarious. One of the most overrated QB's in history and just desserts he had to hand the Lombardi to Elway. And comparing anything Tebow to anything Elway is becoming stupidity at it's best. Tebow is who he is and not a traditional QB, yet he is winning. Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won. So stop.

Yeah, Bradshaw is one of the biggest haters of all time. He despised Elway (prolly still does) and it all came down to jealousy, IMO.

Bradshaw was jealous of Elway's big contract, his cult status in Denver, his college credentials, his leverage during the draft. And dare I say it, his full head of hair.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:19 PM
While I agree Elway had critics the fact you would use Bradshaw as an example is hilarious. One of the most overrated QB's in history and just desserts he had to hand the Lombardi to Elway. And comparing anything Tebow to anything Elway is becoming stupidity at it's best. That's why the media shouldn't form someone's opinion. Tebow is who he is and not a traditional QB, yet he is winning. Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won. So stop.

Elway was not a traditional quarterback back then. Elway was seen as a revolutionary player at the position when he was drafted. The revisionist history surrounding Elway just keeps getting more and more silly...

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Go buy some tampons.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94oxfwHVVPE&feature=related

Go to the 1:00 mark that discusses how he wouldn't play for the Colts and at the 1:36 mark where there are more comments from Bradshaw talking about how he's a prima donna and not the kind of player you win championships with.

lolcopter
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won. So stop.

traditional QBs don't roll out of the pocket and fire a deep pass across the field of the play

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
traditional QBs don't roll out of the pocket and fire a deep pass across the field of the play

And to act like Elway's strength early in his career was sitting in the pocket and dissecting defenses (i.e. traditional QB) is just plain nuts...

Archer81
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won. So stop.

A QB in 1983 running a 4.6 with a howitzer for an arm was not that traditional. He became a complete QB, he did not start out that way.

:Broncos:

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Posted this a few times.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeR3Ud0DO4&feature=related

BTW, here is part 1. They started off talking about the drive and how Elway affected raised the level of play of others by affecting their belief that something good was going to happen, especially at the end of games.

Goobzilla
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Joe Wiliams wanted to trade Elway straight up for Eric Dickerson. Even at that age I knew Joe was a knob.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Posted this a few times.

To be fair, it's a lot easy to pass now. Nevertheless, this does provide some perspective in terms of showing that, for all the crying about it, Tebow's passing stats aren't as bad as all the complaining suggests.

Pick Six
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I would have loved to have this message board when Elway was first starting out...:rofl:

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I would have loved to have this message board when Elway was first starting out...:rofl:

People would be on the war path to get him the hell off the team. Look at those stats his first year. You think the instant gratification culture of today could tolerate that level of struggling? Tebow gets tons of hate simply for having a low comp %.

Mogulseeker
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Everyone has critics.

This is what Tom Brady's pre-draft scouting report for the Patriots said:

The most positive thing that the Pats staff had to say about Tom Brady coming into the draft, was that he could be another Brian Griese, lol.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
To be fair, it's a lot easy to pass now. Nevertheless, this does provide some perspective in terms of showing that, for all the crying about it, Tebow's passing stats aren't as bad as all the complaining suggests.

They're actually pretty damn nice if you don't focus on completion percentage alone...

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Everyone has critics.

Two Brian Griese comparisons in there... Hilarious!

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
People would be on the war path to get him the hell off the team. Look at those stats his first year. You think the instant gratification culture of today could tolerate that level of struggling? Tebow gets tons of hate simply for having a low comp %.

Over 5000 posts in a year, holy shyt.

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 07:51 PM
And to act like Elway's strength early in his career was sitting in the pocket and dissecting defenses (i.e. traditional QB) is just plain nuts...

No kidding the play he is probably most famous for is a super bowl scramble that sent him helicoptering over defenders... Don't recall Marino Manning or Brady doing that lately...

Mogulseeker
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
He still does... Rightly so...

It's only $12. You should buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1118012615/ref=asc_df_11180126151809347?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=1118012615

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Everyone has critics.

The most positive thing that the Pats staff had to say about Tom Brady coming into the draft, was that he could be another Brian Griese, lol.

He still runs like an old woman, but it is pretty incredible how well he has developed his deep ball...

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Over 5000 posts in a year, holy shyt.

The illustrious Spider has averaged 8000 a year for a decade, so I'm not sure why that's that big a deal. Not like most of my posts are long essays or anything...

Popps
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I remember back in the day having to answer to other fan's criticisms that Elway was a "choker."

So, there were stupid fans around before the internet. (It's just gotten worse since then.)

gunns
12-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I was referring to Elway as a "traditional QB" in comparison to Tebow. He was able to throw on a consistent basis. Tebow is improving, but he needs to bring some consistency to the first half of a game. Putting up Tebow/Elway stats is just stupid. About as hilarious as when people used to compare Plummer to Elway. I was going to add that Elway had the "Tebow effect" in regards to rolling out and running but I just really thought most would get it. But this is the December 2011 OM, guess I was wrong.

Dedhed
12-05-2011, 08:04 PM

It certainly would have been interesting. Especially bumping threads from '83.

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
The illustrious Spider has averaged 8000 a year for a decade, so I'm not sure why that's that big a deal. Not like most of my posts are long essays or anything...

Not criticizing just saying.

gunns
12-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Go buy some tampons.

For what, your mouth?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I remember when Elway was the starting QB, and the Denver papers were writing articles on what kind of Halloween candy he was handing out, and then bashing him him (IIRC) because they were only giving away candy corns or some lame candy unbecoming of a multi-million dollar QB.

So, yes, Elway was under scruitiny and had plenty of critics as a QB.

i bet Tebow was giving out those mini bibles that kids threw out as they was eating the candy up

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I was referring to Elway as a "traditional QB" in comparison to Tebow. He was able to throw on a consistent basis.

And again you are wrong. Elway couldn't throw worth a **** in the NFL for his first couple seasons. He had a stronger arm than Tebow (he had a stronger arm than anyone I've ever seen), but his accuracy issues made Tebow's look like nothing. And in college, Tebow was the better passer. It's not even close on that front. Seriously you just need to stop while you are behind...

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM
True, the Reeves' style won a lot of games and produced some unbelievable moments, but you have to wonder what Elway would've accomplished had the team been built around him earlier in his career.

Elway could always throw, but he was probably the first to put together mobility with deep accuracy.

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I was referring to Elway as a "traditional QB" in comparison to Tebow. He was able to throw on a consistent basis. Tebow is improving, but he needs to bring some consistency to the first half of a game. Putting up Tebow/Elway stats is just stupid. About as hilarious as when people used to compare Plummer to Elway. I was going to add that Elway had the "Tebow effect" in regards to rolling out and running but I just really thought most would get it. But this is the December 2011 OM, guess I was wrong.

Saying Tebow needs to be more consistent throwing in the first half when they only call run plays is "just stupid".

The stats comparison I posted in post #13 are absolutely relevant and justified.

Dedhed
12-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I was referring to Elway as a "traditional QB" in comparison to Tebow. He was able to throw on a consistent basis.

And by consistent you mean, of course, that he completed fewer than half the passes he attempted?

Or do you mean that he threw the ball hard consistently?

Archer81
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Elway was a unique talent. Tebow is a unique talent. A team is fortunate to have the chance at players like that.

I dont get the bashing Elway the player in comparisons to Tebow. I'd be absolutely thrilled if Tebow does half of what Elway did, and if Tebow has a similar career (HOF consideration) most Broncos fans will not care or remember that in 2011 Denver ran it 55 times against KC or that Tebow only went 2 of 8. They will just remember the wins and what he was able to do for the team.

:Broncos:

Requiem
12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
The classification doesn't matter. The common denominator is the critics. The separation point is that Tim has overwhelmingly outperformed John in his earliest testimonies at quarterback.

Steve Sewell
12-05-2011, 08:38 PM

Try and picture the 1989 SB game day thread without your head feeling like it will explode.

Spider
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
. He had a stronger arm than Tebow (he had a stronger arm than anyone I've ever seen).

then you didnt watch football back then 2 guys had a bigger cannon during Elways tenure in the NFL ......... your blasting gunns , only fair you get blasted to ......

errand
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM

So completing less than half your passes when it was "harder' to throw the ball is worse than doing likewise when it's "easier"?

Mogulseeker
12-05-2011, 09:52 PM
So completing less than half your passes when it was "harder' to throw the ball is worse than doing likewise when it's "easier"?

Logic would suggest that he meant Elway, not Tebow.

Wes Mantooth
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Posted this a few times.

stupid argument and stat. Elway finished very few of those games. Deberg was brought in when he started to struggle.

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
stupid argument and stat. Elway finished very few of those games. Deberg was brought in when he started to struggle.

Did you really think your response through before you posted it? And you have the nerve to say I have a stupid argument.:rofl:

Wes Mantooth
12-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Did you really think your response through before you posted it? And you have the nerve to say I have a stupid argument.:rofl:
lol. I got all worked up a few weeks ago and looked all the 83 season stuff up. He started many games and seldom finished. His second season though, 13-3 record and he started and finished a majority of the games. No offense though bro, they are just two completely separate scenarios.

strafen
12-05-2011, 10:29 PM

BTW, Terry Bradshaw is a dumb hillbilly and I can't stand it when he's on my tv (and not because of what he said about Elway).Having Bradswaw himself in the podioum with Elway when we first won a SB was pricelss.
Bradshaw wanted to disappear that day...

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
lol. I got all worked up a few weeks ago and looked all the 83 season stuff up. He started many games and seldom finished. His second season though, 13-3 record and he started and finished a majority of the games. No offense though bro, they are just two completely separate scenarios.

I am in no way saying Tebow is better or will be better. My point is Elway, IMO the best ever, had a tough start. But the numbers don't lie.

Tombstone RJ
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM

oh snap!

Hamrob
12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
And again you are wrong. Elway couldn't throw worth a **** in the NFL for his first couple seasons. He had a stronger arm than Tebow (he had a stronger arm than anyone I've ever seen), but his accuracy issues made Tebow's look like nothing. And in college, Tebow was the better passer. It's not even close on that front. Seriously you just need to stop while you are behind...Yeah, it's funny to think.

The closest thing at QB to ever come out since Elway was Michael Vick. The amount of celebrity's at camp was crazy...Joe Namoth, Johnny Unitas etc. I was there as a kid and saw them all. Bowlen driving up from Denver on his 12-speed wearing a fur coat. Those were the days!!!

When Elway came out he was so unique, people were in awe. His arm strength had never been seen before and really only Favre and maybe one or two others have ever come close. You add to the fact that he was so atheletic...4.6 with a howitzer and a .2 second release. His accuracy had more to do with reading defenses. What's really comical...is for the first 7-8 years...he was terrible in the pocket...he either escaped and threw on the run, was sacked, was intercepted, or was piss poor in many situations.

But, he was a guy...that if you were close at the end of the game...he was magic. So, there were two main things about Elway:

1. Immensely Gifted - FREAK at the time with perhaps the strongest arm ever to play the position.
2. Crunch time - He was like no other.

Tim Tebow has played 10 games. Comparissons are silly at this point. Tebow is different. Elway's quick release and cannon vs. Tebow's strength and tenacity. Both guys had/have "it". Both guys were "winners".

What does this mean? That any idiot would be a certifiable fool, not to give Tebow a long, long look!!!

enjolras
12-06-2011, 12:06 AM
He still runs like an old woman, but it is pretty incredible how well he has developed his deep ball...

Brady doesn't have to run. He's the most elusive QB in the pocket I've seen since Montana. He steps up, side-steps, and moves 3 feet to make folks miss.

Different style than Tebow for sure, but man he's good at what he does. I think the best QB since Elway no question.

Wes Mantooth
12-06-2011, 01:05 AM
I am in no way saying Tebow is better or will be better. My point is Elway, IMO the best ever, had a tough start. But the numbers don't lie.

but they do. Tebow played through his games. Elway was pulled. Yes they both struggled, but Elway did not play what appears to be the second half of almost all of his first season and some into his second.

broncosteven
12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
I remember being in HS and people asking me why I was a Bronco fan. "You must like Elway right?"

Then I would have to explain how Denver was the 1st (only)team I ever fell in love with and I am waiting for John to show me he can play. (reminds me of Tebow alot there.) I also had to tell them that Floyd Little was my favorite Bronco player (usually they didnt know who Floyd was) and then I to explain that Morton took a good team to the SB and once I find a team I am loyal.

I am loyal to Denver and thus Teb's but he has to prove it week in week out until we get a SB win.

ol#7
12-06-2011, 01:29 AM
People tend to forget about the Elway early years. He was constantly lambasted in the media for being a prima donna (they hated him for forcing the trade), how he would get himself in trouble scrambling backwards, the fact he couldnt throw with any touch whatsoever, lining up under the guard...It was a shaky start but Reeves close to the vest style plus our stout Defense gave him opportunities to grow and pull alot of games out...Yeah there are no similarities whatsoever...

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 07:03 AM
People tend to forget about the Elway early years. He was constantly lambasted in the media for being a prima donna

He still is. Guy refusing to acknowledge tebow a the future has me thinking there will be more sabotaging first halfs to deal with until he gets on board. I'm sick of this ****.

What would be dumber, Jags passing up Tebow and trading up to pick a bust? or Elway trading Tebow to the Jags?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=29652&stc=1&d=1323139187

Rabb
12-06-2011, 07:08 AM
What would be dumber, Jags passing up Tebow and trading up to pick a bust? or Elway trading Tebow to the Jags?

I choose C, your next post

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 07:11 AM
I choose C, your next post

C is not an option, this is a question that Broncos fan needs to address.

Rabb
12-06-2011, 07:13 AM
C is not an option, this is a question that Broncos fan needs to address.

Turns out I was right!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101655&page=4

LMAO yeah as if Tebow needs Elways carrot dangling in his face? The guy is a prima donna alwasy has been and this is nothing more than what happens when you give the power of ceaser to a prima donna.

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
So highering a prima donna to be the teams ceaser is dumber than the Jags passing up on Tebow? If Elway has the balls to trade Tebow to the Jags it most certainly will be.

Elway doesn’t want to talk about Tebow’s future (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/elway-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-tebows-future/)

If Elway were confident in Tebow as the Broncos’ starter in 2012, he’d say so. That he won’t say so suggests that he simply isn’t a believer in Tebow.

What also suggests he isn’t a believer in Tebow is the way Elway looks during Broncos games. The TV cameras have caught Elway several times during Tebow’s game-winning drives, and Elway never appears as ecstatic as you’d expect a team president to be when his young quarterback is leading his team to victory. That strongly suggests that Elway — who inherited Tebow when he took the job — isn’t crazy about the way Tebow is making Broncos fans fall in love with him.

Blueflame
12-06-2011, 07:24 AM
How does one "higher" a prima donna (do we even want to know)? And is the team's "ceaser" someone who makes them stop?

Rabb
12-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I can't wait to know which alt account you are, I am fairly confident the other one is equally as valuable to the site

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Elways refusal to embrace Tebow as the future only makes McDaniels look just that much better, especially when you consider the sledge hammer Elway has aimed at his team to justify betraying McDaniels.

McDaniels could wind up being the Jaguars next head coach.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Josh+McDaniels+St+Louis+Rams+v+Denver+Broncos+QBxa Y7JKs6Hl.jpg

With every touchdown that Tim Tebow scores, Josh McDaniels cracks another smile. Tebow scored 13 times this season, each one a validation of McDaniels' decision to draft Tebow in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft—and McDaniels'ticket to return to head coaching.

McDaniels, then head coach of the Broncos, traded Denver's second, third and fourth-round Draft picks to Baltimore to move up to the first round to select Tebow with the 25th overall pick.

Neither John Elway nor John Fox would not have made that move. Former coach Mike Shanahan was just as unlikely to have selected Tebow. Draft analyst Mel Kiper panned it. "I don't think he [Tebow] can be a fulltime quarterback. I don't think he can be the quarterback of the future for you, but I do think in the third round, maybe the second round, he'll be the same as Pat White" (Source: Wikipedia, so it must be true).

McDaniels case rests on more than Tebow. Enter Kyle Orton.

MCDaniels alienated star quarterback Jay Cutler in 2009, so much so that Cutler refused to cooperate with him. That might have doomed anyone else. McDaniels made a star of Kyle Orton, Cutler's replacement, and a super star of wide receiver Brandon Lloyd. Orton had the best back-to-back seasons of his career under McDaniels. Lloyd flopped in Washington and Chicago after a middling career with San Francisco, but he blossomed with Orton and McDaniels to make the 2010 Pro Bowl.

The man knows offensive talent and he can coach. McDaniels' astute move for Tebow means he will get another bite of the apple as soon as this off-season. Rumor-mongers can now start the buzz about Miami, Jacksonville and St. Louis, where McDaniels is offensive coordinator. But, McDaniels should not be trusted to lead a football organization.

http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2011-articles/december/josh-mcdaniels-is-the-biggest-winner-of-tim-tebows-success.html

Gort
12-06-2011, 07:59 AM
The man knows offensive talent and he can coach.

McD was fired after 28 games in Denver.

if the Rams have any sense, he'll be fired in St. Louis at the end of this season, in which he's led their their offense to 28th in passing and 27th in rushing.

he sucks.

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
You know what really sucks? Fox and Elway conspiring to spin the blame for the dismal first two and three-quarters on opponents defense rather than the saboging scheme that waits for our defense and rushing offense to fail before unleashing the Tebow.

What are the thoughts at this point on Tebow moving forward?:

“I know everybody wants to know, but our future’s right now... see what happens.”

Can you pinpoint what’s going on that causes the offense to get off to slow starts so often?:

Elway “I think there’s several factors. Yesterday I’d say we just came out a little bit sluggish. I think one of the tough things to do is figure out exactly what defenses are going to do to us. You never know how each team is going to react, so I think it takes a little bit of time for the offensive staff to react. … I think that’s obviously one thing that we want to get better at, to be able to come out of the chute faster and put the pressure on them.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/12/05/nfl-denver-broncos-playoff-race-tim-tebow/

See what happens? As if he is blinded by reality and what is actually happening. What a prima donna. Talk about being left Behind.

Maybe someone can photoshop Elways face on this pic

http://solarcrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/left-behind.jpg

Rabb
12-06-2011, 08:28 AM
You know what really sucks?

I am sticking with what works...

...your next post?

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Rabb is the man...:rofl:

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 08:40 AM
You're retarded. Tebow isn't going anywhere so chill the F out

And mcdaniels has NOTHING to do with tebows success so please stop mentioning that clown

AlphaSeirra
12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
While I agree Elway had critics the fact you would use Bradshaw as an example is hilarious.
One of the most overrated QB's in history and just desserts he had to hand the Lombardi to Elway.
And comparing anything Tebow to anything Elway is becoming stupidity at it's best.
That's why the media shouldn't form someone's opinion. Tebow is who he is and not a traditional QB,
yet he is winning. Elway was a traditional QB, the best, and he won
(eventually, .400 in SB's after a 15-17 year career). So stop.

The comments of the boards 'fair genius' poster >> :peace:

And yep, NO COMPARISONS are possible,,,, well, maybe?

Elway - Compared To - Tebow

4 - 6 ---- Won - Loss --- 7 - 3 (4-14 with the Elway/Fox 'Best Chance To Win' Orton)

47.1 ---- Comp. % ------ 48.3%

152.9 ---- Pass YPG ----- 162.6

6 / 14 -- TD/Int Ratio -- 15 / 4

51.8 --------- PER --------- 85.9

Plus Tebow only has 695 rushing yds, 5.6 ypc with 9 TD's to only 2 LPF's. (currently #1 in the NFL with 5.7 ypc)

But you have a real nice day,,, ya hear? :welcome:

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 08:57 AM

AM I? Really?

Say the Colts offered Luck up for Tebow. After the sabotaging scheme Elway insists on executing before unleashing the Tebow actually winds up costing us a game or two like it almost did against the Chargers and we lose the first playoff game as a result of the sabotaging scheme.

You really believe it is far fetched for Elway to pull the trigger on such a trade? With Elway not on board, we still have the ball and chain scheme that has this offense one of the worst scoring offenses in the leage to deal with.

The luck factor is an undeniable obstacle, especially considering how persistant Elway has been in his unlucky attempt to land luck without having to trade Tebow.

In a way Elway is the underdog with his endeavor to jettison Tebow for Luck. The irony is just how lucky this team has been while The Tebow has been forced to carry the ball and chain. Its like WOW how do you like that for irony.

Without luck this team might as well be 3-9 or 4-8 with the sabotaging scheme that had Tebow look night and day in the second half of Vikings game, last 5 minutes of this game, 3 minutes of that game...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8v9yUVgrmPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Disclaimer: I hate the term luck. Simply because it undermines praise for the favor of good fortune.

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
AM I? Really?

Um...

Say the Colts offered Luck up for Tebow

I'm going with a resounding "yes"

AlphaSeirra
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Elway doesn’t want to talk about Tebow’s future (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/elway-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-tebows-future/)
The TV cameras have caught Elway several times during Tebow’s game-winning drives, and Elway never appears as ecstatic as you’d expect a team president to be when his young quarterback is leading his team to victory. That strongly suggests that Elway — who inherited Tebow when he took the job — isn’t crazy about the way Tebow is making Broncos fans fall in love with him.

One of the times they showed John's face after a long Tebow TD pass, the commentator cracked me up.
He said; "Know what Elway's thinking right now?" "He's thinking that guys going to eventually have ALL of my RECORDS!" :~ohyah!:

Jealousy can become a VERY UGLY thing if left unchecked.... 8')

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 09:08 AM

And mcdaniels has NOTHING to do with Tebows success so please stop mentioning that clown

Say the Colts offered Luck up for Tebow

I'm going with a resounding "yes"

And I am the one who sounds retarded?:thanku:

Your right about one thing, McDaniels has NOTHING to do with tebows success art Minnesota, but everything to do with that success with him in an Orange and Blue uniform. :thanku:

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
And I am the one who sounds retarded?:thanku:

Be more paranoid about tebow and elway

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Be more paranoid about tebow and elway

How is it paranoid when Elway refuses to embrace Tebow as the Future franchise QB? Whose paranoid Me or Elway?

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
How is it paranoid when Elway refuses to embrace Tebow as the Future franchise QB? Whose paranoid Me or Elway?

We're in the middle of a playoff hunt. There are more important things at stake right now than the 2012 starting lineup. Elway is keeping the players focused on the task at hand. Tebow is a big boy, and if anything, the uncertainty of the future will only serve as motivation. He's already essentially played himself into the 2012 starter role so let's just enjoy the ride.

Elway has handled the issue much better in recent weeks, so we can tone down the witch hunt rhetoric for the time being

BroncoBeavis
12-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Elway would look stupid being super supportive now with the 'close to the vest' shtick he's been playing since Tebow took over.

They're all smart enough to know what would happen if Tebow takes them to the playoffs. Trading him for draft picks at that point would be russian roulette. They pick up a QB that flames out and they'll all be looking for work.

But if Tebow flames out after this year, they'll be able to say "well he had a good run, but we think it's time to go a different direction"

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
They're not committing to tebow long term at this point for the same reason they worked out all those crappy QBs last draft -- there is no reason to show your hand before the draft and give up free leverage

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Elway has handled his prima donna antics much better in recent weeks, so we can tone down the witch hunt rhetoric for the time being

There fixed it for ya.

And no we can't tone it down, because Elway refusing to emerge from the dark side regarding his position of Tebows future with this team, is creating havoc with the sabotaging scheme that is forcing us to win with luck whether Andrew is on the team or not.

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 09:43 AM
There fixed it for ya.

And no we can't tone it down, because Elway refusing to emerge from the dark side regarding his position of Tebows future with this team, is creating havoc with the sabotaging scheme that is forcing us to win with luck whether Andrew is on the team or not.

There is nothing lucky about our win streak. It is sound complimentary TEAM football. This streak is much more sustainable than the 6-0 run under McD that took an immaculate deflection to Stokley and beast mode from Marshall

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
He is a dumb hillbilly, true enough, but what he said was also correct. Elway was wildly inconsistent throughout most of his time in Denver, particuarly under Reeves. That may be WHY he was inconsistent as well, but be that as it may, the fact is he wasn't a consistent performer throughout many games he played until somehow magically, just like Tebow at this point, he would come alive at crunch time. In fact the thing lost on most people about "The Drive" in Cleveland is that the reason he needed to do that in the first place is because the Brownies shut down their offense the entire game till that point.

What mystifies me about this guy is that if there were ever a guy who plays like he did, it's Tebow. They share the same physical traits for the most part, the same passion and competative spirit, the same style in terms of their scrambling and improvisation, the same kind of leadership intangibles, etc...the only real difference is that Elway had far superior training before he got to the NFL in terms of preparation and much more was expected of him. But if anyone ought to appreciate Tebow's situation, it's John, who had the spotlight shining on him from day one. Tebow's spotlight is even greater, his need for learning more extensive and only his work ethic has propelled him past the obstacles he's faced here, yet Elway has remained aloof from this guy till this year for some reason. I would have thought John would have been on the phone with Tim an hour after he got to Denver to invite him to sit down and talk about how to help him get going. I was startled when Elway revealed a couple months back that he really hadn't ever done that but intended to...WTF? If you of all people know what this guy is going through and needs, and your the GM of this team and in the position to help him the most, why wouldn't you do that as job 1 from day 1?

I hope Tim's performance has done enough or continues to do enough to get Elway on board with him becaue the team really needs that.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
It isn't stupid at all. Tebow is the closest thing I've ever seen to Elway on the field. They are both athletic freaks with amazing intangibles, and while Tim has a long way to go to be in that league as a QB, there's ample reason at this point that he might do just that, especially if you look at the fact that he's started much faster than Elway did, who frankly sucked when he first got here. I know it's popular in Denver to say that any such comparison of Elway to any human on the planet is blasphemous, but he had flaws like anyone else and still does. Tebow ought to be able to get more support from John than he's gotten so far IMO.

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
There is nothing lucky about our win streak. It is sound complimentary TEAM football. This streak is much more sustainable than the 6-0 run under McD that took an immaculate deflection to Stokley and beast mode from Marshall

This streak is not sustainable as long as we keep the breaks on Tebow initially in games. We have to give him the opportunity to be unleashed with the initial series of the game against the Patriots rather than wait till they score multiple times before unleashing him af then forcing him to keep up with Brady after an entire quarter, or an entire half lead.

Claiming there is nothing lucky about our win streak is laghable. There is a reason tebow is thankful at the end of games, hell even Tebows biggest hater, Pete Prisco (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades) sees it as a way to keep hating...

When I say things go his way, I mean things like a long kickoff return to set up the tying score or a pick-six for a touchdown by the Broncos defense earlier in the game. And even the pick to set up the game-winning field goal.

You wonder if He is looking down on him...

I would never want him quarterbacking my team if I were a general manager, but there is no denying he has a magic touch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tFRH-2BT53Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lolcopter
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Alright, the onside kick recovery against Miami was pretty lucky, but what else was gonna happen amirite?

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
No kidding the play he is probably most famous for is a super bowl scramble that sent him helicoptering over defenders... Don't recall Marino Manning or Brady doing that lately...

That play is used to show his WILL to win. Now we have another guy that seems to have the same trait.

Lovin it.

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 11:45 AM
then you didnt watch football back then 2 guys had a bigger cannon during Elways tenure in the NFL ......... your blasting gunns , only fair you get blasted to ......

Wait...didn't Cutler say his arm was bigger than Johns. ( BWHAHAH)

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Elways refusal to embrace Tebow as the future only makes McDaniels look just that much better, especially when you consider the sledge hammer Elway has aimed at his team to justify betraying McDaniels.

McDaniels could wind up being the Jaguars next head coach.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Josh+McDaniels+St+Louis+Rams+v+Denver+Broncos+QBxa Y7JKs6Hl.jpg

With every touchdown that Tim Tebow scores, Josh McDaniels cracks another smile. Tebow scored 13 times this season, each one a validation of McDaniels' decision to draft Tebow in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft—and McDaniels'ticket to return to head coaching.

McDaniels, then head coach of the Broncos, traded Denver's second, third and fourth-round Draft picks to Baltimore to move up to the first round to select Tebow with the 25th overall pick.

Neither John Elway nor John Fox would not have made that move. Former coach Mike Shanahan was just as unlikely to have selected Tebow. Draft analyst Mel Kiper panned it. "I don't think he [Tebow] can be a fulltime quarterback. I don't think he can be the quarterback of the future for you, but I do think in the third round, maybe the second round, he'll be the same as Pat White" (Source: Wikipedia, so it must be true).

McDaniels case rests on more than Tebow. Enter Kyle Orton.

MCDaniels alienated star quarterback Jay Cutler in 2009, so much so that Cutler refused to cooperate with him. That might have doomed anyone else. McDaniels made a star of Kyle Orton, Cutler's replacement, and a super star of wide receiver Brandon Lloyd. Orton had the best back-to-back seasons of his career under McDaniels. Lloyd flopped in Washington and Chicago after a middling career with San Francisco, but he blossomed with Orton and McDaniels to make the 2010 Pro Bowl.

The man knows offensive talent and he can coach. McDaniels' astute move for Tebow means he will get another bite of the apple as soon as this off-season. Rumor-mongers can now start the buzz about Miami, Jacksonville and St. Louis, where McDaniels is offensive coordinator. But, McDaniels should not be trusted to lead a football organization.

http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2011-articles/december/josh-mcdaniels-is-the-biggest-winner-of-tim-tebows-success.html

Okay...now you are in Bizarro world.

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
There fixed it for ya.

Skip....is that you?

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM

Spider, every time you post you say something stupid. It's amazing. Elway arguably had the strongest in arm in the history of the game...

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
There fixed it for ya.

You're in an institution, right?

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
You're in an institution, right?

Broncbow really is MacGruder as far as I can tell. So yes he is...

Mogulseeker
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I just had some prime rib at Elways for lunch. When it comes out I'm sending it to Broncbow