PDA

View Full Version : Denver Vs. New England

strafen
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Good news for all of our nationwide fans...
That game has been flexed...
It will be a Sunday Night game on NBC :thumbs:

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Good news for all of our nationwide fans...
That game has been flexed...
It will be a Sunday Night game on NBC :thumbs:

Link?

Smiling Assassin27
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Let's hope we don't do our standard prime time no-show this time around.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
The star power in this game is huge. The two teams could not be more opposite.

underrated29
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Awesome passer, terrible runner and run game, terrible defense

Terrible passer, awesome runner and run game, awesome defense

Yessir! Good analysis.

Vine
12-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Yessir! Good analysis.

Still believing that absolute crap?

spdirty
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Son of a bitch!!! Now I'll have to watch once upon a time, desperate housewives, and pan am on the Internet. FML!!!

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd heard they would wait to see if SD would win tonight before announcing it? Said so on 104.3?

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I'd heard they would wait to see if SD would win tonight before announcing it? Said so on 104.3?

Yeah....I haven't seen anything anywhere saying our game has been flexed yet.....although it should be, and I think it will be.

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
God I hope so! I coach a youth hockey team and have games that morning and then a long drive home afterwards... A night game would be SWEEEEET!

Bronc62
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Although it's likely, no official announcement from NFL or NBC as of 4p.m. MST today.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Yessir! Good analysis.

That's your analysis, not mine.

Orange4Life
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Colin Cowherd is such a douche bag. He was all ready discounting this game should we win because the Pats all ready have the division wrapped so its not a fair gauge of Broncos/Tebow. What a tool

I'll be shocked if this isn't the NBC game. Huge star power. Peter King said to expect this in his column this morning

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Night game would be sweet. Tebow having this team at 8-5 facing the Patriots, Miller ought to be back by then.

This game ought to be the difference between 10-6 and 11-5.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The NFL would be stoopid *NOT* to flex this game. Who wants to watch Baltimore-SD?

CEH
12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
This game ought to be the difference between 10-6 and 11-5.

This game will also be the difference between 9-7 and 8-8 or 9-7 and 10-6 or 8-8 and 7-9 . Point?

Steve Sewell
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
This has the potential to be the game of the year. I never thought I'd say this at the beginning of the season, but the Broncos given their history with NE, should have a real shot to be competitive in the game. Compelling storylines all around either way.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 03:25 PM
The NFL would be stoopid *NOT* to flex this game. Who wants to watch Baltimore-SD?

omfg Baltimore and SD woot wow or even better Bangles and Rams

rock
12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Indy scored 24 points against NE.

LetsGoBroncos
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Colin Cowherd is such a douche bag. He was all ready discounting this game should we win because the Pats all ready have the division wrapped so its not a fair gauge of Broncos/Tebow. What a tool

I'll be shocked if this isn't the NBC game. Huge star power. Peter King said to expect this in his column this morning

What a moron. The fact that they will be fighting for a bye means nothing?

Mouth
12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
If this game gets flexed, it will be the third Denver game I can watch from my house this year. I have to debate how much money I spend at the bar, and then compare that to how much the sunday ticket costs I suppose. Central PA is not a great place to be a bronco fan, but I haven't missed a game yet.

Mouth

GoHAM
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Indy scored 24 points against NE.

2 words for you:

Dan

Orlovsky

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
If this game gets flexed, it will be the third Denver game I can watch from my house this year. I have to debate how much money I spend at the bar, and then compare that to how much the sunday ticket costs I suppose. Central PA is not a great place to be a bronco fan, but I haven't missed a game yet.

Mouth

Although I got the ticket this year, I think I will find a bar next for the games that don't get shown here. Ticket is $360 which is $25 a pop for 16 games. More per game if they are on regular tv or NFL net much, which is the only reason I got the ticket.

The last two were locally shown.. Winning begets coverage. And if we make the playoffs I think you'll see at least 5-6 or maybe more national games next year between , Monday , Sunday night and Thursday and the other matchup games that will be headliners.

We are becoming relevant again. I really wish they had a single team package, for less money. I'd gladly pay 160 for just a Bronco package.

DrFate
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Be a very tough game - very tough.

Mouth
12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I know whatever happens with the schedule, I can't miss it. I think this is a game we can win.

tsiguy96
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
hope we see 60 rushes in this game.

Vegas_Bronco
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Champ will be ready...heeeheee he likes him a lil brady lamb passing bazaaaaaar!

Smilin Assassin
12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Soooo......is this official?

tsiguy96
12-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Soooo......is this official?

not yet.

Mouth
12-05-2011, 04:37 PM
grrrrrrrrrr the suspense is killing me.

Rother8
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
This game will also be the difference between 9-7 and 8-8 or 9-7 and 10-6 or 8-8 and 7-9 . Point?

Think he's saying we lose 1 more max, and the Pats game is the only one in question.

HorseHead
12-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Slow down..Bear trap ahead...even without Forte..

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Slow down..Bear trap ahead...even without Forte..

No kidding. People need to remember how we're winning games. They're taking way too much for granted.

DomCasual
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
So, did the OP just make this up? I mean, I think it's still likely to happen. But, it doesn't seem like we're any closer to it being official than we were this AM.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
So, did the OP just make this up? I mean, I think it's still likely to happen. But, it doesn't seem like we're any closer to it being official than we were this AM.

It's dragster dude, come on, whatta ya expect??

Scarface
12-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Let's hope we don't do our standard prime time no-show this time around.

We didn't against the JETS.

DomCasual
12-05-2011, 05:14 PM

I always forget that.

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I always forget that.

Maybe they are waiting to see if the Chargeless can win tonight and get back in the "race". I doubt they can beat the Ravens, but if Rivers and the Chargers can get their O on track they might put on a good show, and the media hate 16-13 games . And we all know that the MSM is stilll in love with them and still thinks they can win the West.

My bet is that if the chargers put up good number tonight they stay as the sunday night game.

I really wouldn't mind too much, as the NE game is going to be tough.

strafen
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Soooo......is this official?It was announced on the Ticket today at noon.
It was announced as if it was a fact. Not as if it was tentative.
So, I think it's a go...

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Noone cares to see the Ratbirds poop all over the Chuggers.

strafen
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM

How much did you pay your "wife" to marry you to get your green card?
Rumor has it that's what you did and you're no longer "married" :~ohyah!:

strafen
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I always forget that.That's why you're dumb casual :rofl:

strafen
12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
It's not. They cannot announce it because the Chargers game is the one that is involved and they play tonight.

And don't ****ing dare bring up my family again on this message board.

Don't act like a douche, and things don't have to get out of hand.
Don't mess with people if you can't handle the consequences. Very simple principle...
Plus, I'm not bringing up your "family" in the way you think I was.
Just don't put yourself in this kind of situation, and things will always work out for the best.
Oh, and don't turn the tables on me now, boy...

boppool
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
What NBC should do is this:

Schedule both games and televise Ravens v. Chargers until the third quarter. By then, the game will already be out of reach for Chuggers.

THEN, switch to Broncos v. Patriots for "Tebow Time"!

Must See TV...

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Man, I wish I had heard Colin "Cowturd" Cowherd already making a case for minimizing a potential Denver win ("NE already has a playoff berth wrapped up..." etc.).

Cowherd is even worse than Merril Hoge (who today modified his critique of Tebow).

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Talk about a game that should be flexed or even better, deleted altogether.

STL @ SEA on Monday Night Football next week.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM

I know what I'm doing next Monday night: Netflix re-runs of "Lost" !!

You know, someone at MNF had to sit down and try to predict games that would be interesting down the road. Even my 12-year-old son could have predicted that STL @ SEA would be a dog. What were they thinking?

Jason in LA
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Interesting. The Pats used to win Super Bowls by playing mistake free football, and they didn't throw the ball all over the place, so they didn't need big time WRs. And they played tough defense. Kind of like what the Broncos are doing now. But now the Pats are like the Peyton Manning Colts. Throw the ball all over the place, break all kind of passing records, but flame out in the playoffs every year.

Jason in LA
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Man, I wish I had heard Colin "Cowturn" Cowherd already making a case for minimizing a potential Denver win ("NE already has a playoff berth wrapped up..." etc.).

Cowherd is even worse than Merril Hoge (who today modified his critique of Tebow).

Yep, Cowherd always has some reason why the Broncos win, and it never has anything to do with Tebow. Usually because the other team had some major issue that week. The Broncos are just lucky to catch teams when they are supposed to lose I guess.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Look at the crown in J'ville tonight. It's pathetic.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Look at the crow[d] in J'ville tonight. It's pathetic.

And just imagine what things would be like if Del Rio had drafted Tebow... At least the games this year would have been sellouts.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I know what I'm doing next Monday night: Netflix re-runs of "Lost" !!

You know, someone at MNF had to sit down and try to predict games that would be interesting down the road. Even my 12-year-old son could have predicted that STL @ SEA would be a dog. What were they thinking?

The yearly coaching/roster turnover has made the previous season's records (on which they base the primetime schedule) almost irrelevant anymore.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
The yearly coaching/roster turnover has made the previous season's records (on which they base the primetime schedule) almost irrelevant anymore.

Either that, or they have a bunch of monkeys in a room throwing darts at the wall to figure out which games to feature on MNF.

In fact, using something like the Monte Carlo Method would probably yield better results!

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I loved how MNF was pimping tonight's game:

"In a 'must-win' game, San Diego matches up against one of the top rushers in the League."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BlueCrusher
12-05-2011, 06:29 PM
What's the over/under for bs roughing the passer calls for Von Dooom?

3 for me.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Soooooo, people still want to trade for Gabbert straight up??

Bronc62
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm now not so sure this flex to DEN-NE on Sunday night 12/18 is a guaranteed thing.

First, it was supposed to be announced today, why the hold up?

Are we certain the Broncos organization wants a night game in this cold & snowy December we're having? The following game is Saturday 11am Mtn at Buffalo--makes for an even shorter week.

CBS may be strongly resisting giving up a marquee DEN-NE game as currently scheduled on Sunday afternoon.

Lastly, the slated Balt-SD that evening on NBC isn't THAT bad, at least you've got a top AFC team in the Ravens and a warm weather site in December at San Diego.

Just sayin'

Garcia Bronco
12-05-2011, 06:51 PM
We're having zero degree weather for the next 10 days.

Inkana7
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm now not so sure this flex to DEN-NE on Sunday night 12/18 is a guaranteed thing.

Are we certain the Broncos organization wants a night game in this cold & snowy December we're having? The following game is Saturday 11am Mtn at Buffalo--makes for an even shorter week.

CBS may be strongly resisting giving up a marquee DEN-NE game as currently scheduled on Sunday afternoon.

Lastly, the slated Balt-SD that evening on NBC isn't THAT bad, at least you've got a top AFC team in the Ravens and a warm weather site in December at San Diego.

Just sayin'

Tebow + Brady + possible snow = GREAT TV

ghwk
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Lighten up Francis, it's a joke.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Tebow + Brady + possible snow + Tuck Rule = GREAT TV

Fixed.

ghwk
12-05-2011, 06:55 PM
This has the potential to be the game of the year. I never thought I'd say this at the beginning of the season, but the Broncos given their history with NE, should have a real shot to be competitive in the game. Compelling storylines all around either way.

This is not the game of the year, GB v NO for the conference championship will be the game of the year.

That having been said if our O gets rolling at all it should me a ton of fun to watch!

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 06:57 PM

Just sayin'They have until Tuesday 10 days prior to announce. They can't announce until the Chargers game is over.

underrated29
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM

Holy hell. Pull the pineapple out of your ass.

In comparison to each other chief.

chawknz
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Any Broncos game not on NBC is an opportunity missed. I think it's a no brainier. No one cares about the Chargers, not even people in SD.

Punisher
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
nice!

RhymesayersDU
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
It was announced on the Ticket today at noon.
It was announced as if it was a fact. Not as if it was tentative.
So, I think it's a go...

For anybody saying this was made up, I also heard very similar things on 104.3 this afternoon during Mike & Scott. Mike was saying pretty definitively that it was being flexed.

It may not be official yet, but I heard people saying it as well. I assumed it was true when I heard it as well.

Wes Mantooth
12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Aren't the Broncs 9-1 or so when opposing Brady?

strafen
12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
For anybody saying this was made up, I also heard very similar things on 104.3 this afternoon during Mike & Scott. Mike was saying pretty definitively that it was being flexed.

It may not be official yet, but I heard people saying it as well. I assumed it was true when I heard it as well.

If we win this coming week, I'm pretty sure it will be a lock...
Along with Green Bay unbeaten season thus far, Tim Tebow is the other big story in the NFL this season...
Everybody would be watching.
I love the timing of it, especially since Tebow is progressing nicely...

Inkana7
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Aren't the Broncs 9-1 or so when opposing Brady?

IIRC, we lost to him once when Danny Kannell took over for an injured Plummer and once in 2008 when Cutler decided to have one of his do-nothing games and Jamie Winborn made several idiotic plays.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
NE has more to lose then the Broncos do. They have to throw Brady out there against a team who can bring pressure ( assuming Miller doesn't tail off now), while we send Tebow out against frankly not that great of a defense.

To far away to worry about with Bears coming up, but it will be exciting to play the Pats, and have it really matter. We are relevant again!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2011, 11:29 PM
IIRC, we lost to him once when Danny Kannell took over for an injured Plummer and once in 2008 when Cutler decided to have one of his do-nothing games and Jamie Winborn made several idiotic plays.

We shoulda won that game...if Deltha O'Neal could only catch a free kick off a safety. If im recalling it correctly

teknic
12-05-2011, 11:35 PM
NE has more to lose then the Broncos do. They have to throw Brady out there against a team who can bring pressure ( assuming Miller doesn't tail off now), while we send Tebow out against frankly not that great of a defense.

To far away to worry about with Bears coming up, but it will be exciting to play the Pats, and have it really matter. We are relevant again!

Bill Belichick is also very familiar with Tebow and the plays he ran in college. If anyone is going to figure out how to stop Tebow, it will be the Patriots. It still comes down to execution, but this will be a tough game.

Wes Mantooth
12-06-2011, 12:04 AM
We shoulda won that game...if Deltha O'Neal could only catch a free kick off a safety. If im recalling it correctly

Agghh! Monday Night right?

jmz313
12-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Agghh! Monday Night right?

Yeah, Intentional safety = Belicheat is a GENIUS. Even though he just barely edged out a Danny Kannel lead team.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Yeah, Intentional safety = Belicheat is a GENIUS. Even though he just barely edged out a Danny Kannel lead team.

Don't forget damn Ashley Lelie dropping that third down conversion pass that would've iced the game.

Armchair Bronco
12-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Don't forget damn Ashley Lelie dropping that third down conversion pass that would've iced the game.

OMG, Ashley Lelie. Another Shannyham first-round bust. Thanks for the memories!

Call me Old School, but whenever I hear his name, I think: "Gone With The Wind".

55CrushEm
12-06-2011, 07:22 AM

No. In 2008, it was Matt Cassel. Tom Brady has only beaten the Broncos ONCE.....in 2003.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
in 2008 when Cutler decided to have one of his do-nothing games and Jamie Winborn made several idiotic plays.

Well, he did bang his hand on a helmet on the first drive.

Andre Hall also couldn't hold onto the ball for chit and Champ pulled up lame that night as well.

A total effin disaster.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I know whatever happens with the schedule, I can't miss it. I think this is a game we can win.
I think so too...we beat them with Orton and McDaniels two years ago. There's always been something about New England that brings out the best in the Broncos and a big time pass rush is the key to slowing Brady, along with a running game that can eat clock and keep him off the field.

We have a chance to run the table and finish 11-5...a chance...crazy as that would have seemed just 6 weeks ago, it's suddenly possible.

SureShot
12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
NE just doesnt win in Denver this one will be fun!

Crushaholic
12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I HOPE it's not a Sunday Night game. By Sunday night, I'm ready to turn off the TV and, hopefully, do something productive...

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 10:17 AM

I thought at the time ( and still do ) that Shanahan (and the O coord) were as much to blame for that loss as anything. In the late third and 4th quarters we had the lead, and Shanny called two consecutive 3 and out drives by PASSING ( with Danny Kanell, the 3rd string QB) 3 times in a row twice, with the result of 6 incompletes and the clock stopping. If he had run even 2-3 times NE never would have had the time left on the clock they needed to make the last drive for the win. And though the run was getting stuffed, so was our pass game becasue Kanell just did nothing all game.
Bellicheck did the right thing in taking the safety to preserve the clock and turn the Field position around.

Shanny plain got outcoached that game and was just as responsible for the loss as anyone. But people love to hate on O'neal for that game. ( and yes he gave up the last TD...after doing pretty well for MOST of the game.
Shanny thought his D would hold AGAIN and got burned.

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Again, according to 102.3 right now CBS is kicking up a huge fuss about losing another Tebow game and doesn't want to allow it to be flexed. They are still negotiating.

Toshiro Takashi
12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Bellycheck will call up his BFF Nick Saban down in Tuscaloosa and will put together something different to stop St Tebow.

Traveler
12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I HOPE it's not a Sunday Night game. By Sunday night, I'm ready to turn off the TV and, hopefully, do something re-productive...

:thumbs:Fixed it! :~ohyah!:

Bronc62
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Again, according to 102.3 right now CBS is kicking up a huge fuss about losing another Tebow game and doesn't want to allow it to be flexed. They are still negotiating.

That's been my suspicion as this expected announcement has dragged on. Much back & forth behind the scenes--w/no guarantees for 12/18 flex. Plus, the currently slated Balt-SD Sunday nighter for 12/18 gained some traction after last night. We'll see.

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Hmmm. So wouldn't this be the THIRD game the Nfl has flexed to Denver?
the Jets and Minny games were supposed to be on CBS and the Minny game got flexed to a different network for a sunday AM/PM game ( the first time the NFL has EVER done that).

While I like the fact that we are getting some pub out of it, I think CBS has to have a point on this. Tebow is one of the hottest tickets to show right now and having the league take 3 games away from them in 5 weeks, with the potential revenue and ratings loss that means is also a consideration. Frankly I think they are right to fight this as they can claim that the SD Baltimore game is still viable for Sunday night ( since SD is still alive).

I really think CBS has a point, and I don't want the game flexed anyway.

Consistancy in the schedule and timing of games is a factor in how teams play. Moving the game last week from a 4;15 to an 11:00AM start almost bit us last week , like it used to do in the past. Then we have an early Away game the next week.

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Hmmm. So wouldn't this be the THIRD game the Nfl has flexed to Denver?
the Jets and Minny games were supposed to be on CBS and the Minny game got flexed to a different network for a sunday AM/PM game ( the first time the NFL has EVER done that).

While I like the fact that we are getting some pub out of it, I think CBS has to have a point on this. Tebow is one of the hottest tickets to show right now and having the league take 3 games away from them in 5 weeks, with the potential revenue and ratings loss that means is also a consideration. Frankly I think they are right to fight this as they can claim that the SD Baltimore game is still viable for Sunday night ( since SD is still alive).

I really think CBS has a point, and I don't want the game flexed anyway.

Consistancy in the schedule and timing of games is a factor in how teams play. Moving the game last week from a 4;15 to an 11:00AM start almost bit us last week , like it used to do in the past. Then we have an early Away game the next week.

Well, according to Peter King's Tuesday morning QB it would mean CBS has lost a MONTH of Tebow games, so they are getting VERY pissed.

TheChamp24
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I thought at the time ( and still do ) that Shanahan (and the O coord) were as much to blame for that loss as anything. In the late third and 4th quarters we had the lead, and Shanny called two consecutive 3 and out drives by PASSING ( with Danny Kanell, the 3rd string QB) 3 times in a row twice, with the result of 6 incompletes and the clock stopping. If he had run even 2-3 times NE never would have had the time left on the clock they needed to make the last drive for the win. And though the run was getting stuffed, so was our pass game becasue Kanell just did nothing all game.
Bellicheck did the right thing in taking the safety to preserve the clock and turn the Field position around.

Shanny plain got outcoached that game and was just as responsible for the loss as anyone. But people love to hate on O'neal for that game. ( and yes he gave up the last TD...after doing pretty well for MOST of the game.
Shanny thought his D would hold AGAIN and got burned.

Also on that punt after the safety Deltha botched the return by not running up and catching it, instead letting it bounce and getting stuck inside the 20 on a freakin safety punt when you should get it to the 35 fairly easily at least.

Armchair Bronco
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I think so too...we beat them with Orton and McDaniels two years ago. There's always been something about New England that brings out the best in the Broncos

Remember this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjnZXSFOXCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
The Jets game was scheduled for NFL Network from the beginning.

ppablo
12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
from what I hear... The Pats Owner is crying about the move to Sunday night as well?

Rolandftw
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Might be too cold for Tom Brady...

dictionary
12-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Might be too cold for Tom Brady...

Tom Brady's knee vs Von and Doom = poor poor tawm bwady

oubronco
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
from what I hear... The Pats Owner is crying about the move to Sunday night as well?

Exactly why it won't be

BroncoMan4ever
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
if Denver somehow wins this game, the internet will explode. there will be pandamonium in the streets

Rolandftw
12-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Colin Cowherd will throw a fit for sure. Especially if it's a shootout win for Denver.

Agamemnon
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Has he not heard of playoff positioning? What a dip****...

underrated29
12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
if Denver somehow wins this game, the internet will explode. there will be pandamonium in the streets

Dogs and Cats living together

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 04:20 PM
The league will not make a decision on whether it will flex #Ravens-Chargers tonight. Decision expected tomorrow morning

Per offiical Ravens site

strafen
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
NFL to decide on Patriots-Broncos flex tomorrow (http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2011/12/nfl_to_decide_on_patriots-bron.html)

By Chad Finn, Globe Staff
The NFL's decision whether the December 18 Patriots-Broncos matchup will be flexed out of its Sunday afternoon 4:15 spot on CBS to a "Sunday Night Football'' matchup on NBC will come tomorrow.
CBS and NBC, the two networks with the rights and intention to broadcast the much-anticipated December 18 matchup between the Broncos and the Patriots, spent yesterday engaged in a tug-of-war over which will ultimately show the game.
Despite a midnight deadline to determine whether it would be ‘‘flexed’’ from CBS’s Sunday afternoon schedule to NBC’s prime-time ‘‘Sunday Night Football’’ time slot, the matter was not settled. The NFL will determine this morning which network will carry the game.
NBC wants to utilize its contractual right with the NFL to move the game to its ‘‘Sunday Night Football’’ broadcast, replacing the previously scheduled matchup between the 9-3 Ravens and 5-7 Chargers.

Due to NFL Committee Meetings in New York today, the Week 15 flexible schedule announcement will be released tomorrow (Wednesday, December 7). All of the clubs under consideration to have Week 15 games flexed have informed our office that they are interested in the strongest schedule for our fans and network partners.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2011/12/nfl_to_decide_on_patriots-bron.html

strafen
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
So, it's the NFL and NOT CBS and the Kraft Group who makes the final decision.

Tebow is good for the NFL. So let's hope it gets flexed...

Dagmar
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Great thread dragster!!!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9deoEMun1r50xf6o1_250.gif

strafen
12-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Hopefully something gets done this morning.
This has been a huge battle, but the NFL ultimately has the final say...

Since flex scheduling was implemented in 2006, there have been no documented instances of a decision held until a Wednesday.

The decision will be made by the NFL, and it will be fascinating to learn which network it chooses. Conventional wisdom suggests the league would want Patriots-Broncos in prime time, though the late-afternoon time slot on CBS or Fox is usually its biggest ratings draw.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/12/07/nfl_to_set_time_for_patriots_broncos/

Dagmar
12-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Supposed to have a decision by 10am mst.

APPARENTLY.

ludo21
12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
...waiting

vancejohnson82
12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
its been flexed to Friday night

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2011, 08:48 AM
its been flexed to Friday night

Now THAT would be awesome.

ppablo
12-07-2011, 08:51 AM
what the hell is taking them so long? Ugh...

BroncoBeavis
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Flex that bitch!

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2011, 08:55 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/208/300/Brady_Quinn_display_image.jpg?1272048929

BroncoBeavis
12-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Not that bitch.

BMF Bronco
12-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Now THAT would be awesome.

Piss on that, I am driving down to Denver from Bozeman for that game and it would screw up my entire plans!

BowlenBall
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Flex that b****!

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Tebow-Flex.jpg

Dagmar
12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh dragster. You fail.

Truthfully, I really wanted you to be right. Oh well. Patsy gets her way again.

SleepingTiger
12-07-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/patriots-broncos-week-15-matchup-not-flexed-to-prime-time-remains-at-415-pm.html

The tug-of-war between CBS and NBC is over, with CBS looking as though it has come out on top.
The Week 15 matchup of Tom Brady's Patriots and Tim Tebow's Broncos, scheduled for 4:15 p.m. ET, will remain in that time slot and air on CBS, despite NBC's attempts to choose the game for its 8:20 p.m. kickoff. The NFL made the decision on Wednesday afternoon, according to multiple reports.
CBS was no doubt opposed to the idea of surrendering the rights to the game, and NBC, aware of the always-present appeal of the Patriots and the sudden surge of Tebowmania, likewise wanted to swap out its matchup of Baltimore (9-3) and San Diego (5-7). After the discussions extended well beyond the deadline of midnight Tuesday, the decision was finally made on Wednesday.
While all coaches and players involved in the potential change in schedule refrained from offering an opinion one way or another, it's likely that neither the Ravens or Patriots were thrilled with the idea of playing a late game on Sunday night, with a short week to prepare for their next game (both teams play the following Saturday, Dec. 24). Perhaps the fact that the Ravens had this game on the schedule all along factored into the league's decision.

strafen
12-07-2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/patriots-broncos-week-15-matchup-not-flexed-to-prime-time-remains-at-415-pm.html

The tug-of-war between CBS and NBC is over, with CBS looking as though it has come out on top.
The Week 15 matchup of Tom Brady's Patriots and Tim Tebow's Broncos, scheduled for 4:15 p.m. ET, will remain in that time slot and air on CBS, despite NBC's attempts to choose the game for its 8:20 p.m. kickoff. The NFL made the decision on Wednesday afternoon, according to multiple reports.
CBS was no doubt opposed to the idea of surrendering the rights to the game, and NBC, aware of the always-present appeal of the Patriots and the sudden surge of Tebowmania, likewise wanted to swap out its matchup of Baltimore (9-3) and San Diego (5-7). After the discussions extended well beyond the deadline of midnight Tuesday, the decision was finally made on Wednesday.
While all coaches and players involved in the potential change in schedule refrained from offering an opinion one way or another, it's likely that neither the Ravens or Patriots were thrilled with the idea of playing a late game on Sunday night, with a short week to prepare for their next game (both teams play the following Saturday, Dec. 24). Perhaps the fact that the Ravens had this game on the schedule all along factored into the league's decision.Thanks for posting the link.

Well, those fans across the nation may still get a chance to watch the game.
If anything it should be CBS game of the week, which should be available in most areas...

A consolation prize is that Denver-Buffalo will be on a Saturday, guys... :thumbsup:

strafen
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I hear that CBS lost the Denver - Minnesota game they were supposed to broadcast to FOX.
This seems to be a make-up call on behalf of the NFL...