PDA

View Full Version : It's a three phase game ladies and gentlemen

LetsGoBroncos
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
There is not another sport where one aspect of the game effects another as much as football. If you go 3 and out, the other team gets good field position and that is bad for your defense. If your defense can't force 3 and outs your offense starts with bad field position. If you score and your kick coverage team sucks that kills the momentum and sets the other team up for a short field.

People can analyze all they want if it is Tebow that deserves the credit, or the defense but the truth is when you are winning games in the NFL it is usually a team effort and that is the case here.

Yes, before yesterday we weren't scoring a ton of points but we also weren't turning the ball over. When the worst thing you do on offense is get a first down and punt the opponent back to their 15 you aren't going to give up a ton of points and thus you don't need to score a ton to win. On the other hand if you have a high powered offense that can score, but doesn't control the clock and commits turnovers you are going to need more points to win

Defense has been good, Special Teams have been top notch, and the offense has done enough to score some points and play the field position game.

Analyze all you want, but this is the truth. Wish the "experts" were smart enough to realize this.

SureShot
12-05-2011, 02:13 PM
In before Nobel Prize.

OBF1
12-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Handing over his Nobe Prize to OP

Crushaholic
12-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Props go to Quan Cosby. He had a couple of good returns that put us in good starting field position...:thumbs:

Man-Goblin
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Wait, what?

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101643

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
There is not another sport where one aspect of the game effects another as much as football. If you go 3 and out, the other team gets good field position and that is bad for your defense. If your defense can't force 3 and outs your offense starts with bad field position. If you score and your kick coverage team sucks that kills the momentum and sets the other team up for a short field.

You don't watch much hockey, I take it.

orng&blu
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

People can analyze all they want if it is Tebow that deserves the credit, or the defense but the truth is when you are winning games in the NFL it is usually a team effort and that is the case here.

Yes, before yesterday we weren't scoring a ton of points but we also weren't turning the ball over. When the worst thing you do on offense is get a first down and punt the opponent back to their 15 you aren't going to give up a ton of points and thus you don't need to score a ton to win. On the other hand if you have a high powered offense that can score, but doesn't control the clock and commits turnovers you are going to need more points to win

Defense has been good, Special Teams have been top notch, and the offense has done enough to score some points and play the field position game.

Analyze all you want, but this is the truth. Wish the "experts" were smart enough to realize this.

Blah blah blah blah, obvious pompus blah blah, then if buzzword blah blah, and cliche' blah blah blah, loves hearing his own voice blah blah. In conclusion, obvious pompus cliche' buzzword blah blah blah, blah.

ColoradoDarin
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Complementary football.

Eldorado
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Blah blah blah blah, obvious pompus blah blah, then if buzzword blah blah, and cliche' blah blah blah, loves hearing his own voice blah blah. In conclusion, obvious pompus cliche' buzzword blah blah blah, blah.

I know right?! How dare he not jump up and down on tebow's jock!!! (/sarcasm for you newtrolls)

hmm. Join date sept 2011. Could he be.... Tebow nuthugger??!!??

LetsGoBroncos
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
You don't watch much hockey, I take it.

I love hockey. I was just trying to point out something that nobody else is. After every game all we hear is "Tebow brought us back" or "D deserves credit, not Tebow." My point was who cares, we are winning because all 3 phases are complimenting each other

Vine
12-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Good post, but it probably can be argued that offense and defense effect each other in basketball just as much as football, probably even moreso. In basketball, there is the notion that a great offense is a great defense, which I fully 100% believe because a great defense will likely create numerous fast break opportunities for the offense, and fast break opportunities in basketball almost always result in easy baskets.

ant1999e
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I know right?! How dare he not jump up and down on tebow's jock!!! (/sarcasm for you newtrolls)

hmm. Join date sept 2011. Could he be.... Tebow nuthugger??!!??

Gators colors are orange and blue.

ludo21
12-05-2011, 02:59 PM
mcdaniels ball i call it

Irish Stout
12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
There are 8 phases to the game of curling. Thus, curling is the best sport ever.