PDA

View Full Version : First Take on ESPN

MajorGCG
12-05-2011, 09:00 AM
This show is hilarious!

The haters won't give any ground. Jon Ritchie is a clown. He's still saying the team is winning in spite of Tim and gives him no credit. Stephen A for A-ahole Smith is just as bull headed.

But it's fun to watch Skip drive them nuts.

McDman
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Fantastic thread.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I love Tebow but Bayless is as retarded as Hoge and Smith should stick to basketball.

Armchair Bronco
EPSN?

McDman
Can we just start a thread designated for ESPN opinions? It's clear everyone takes them very seriously and to heart since there are two threads a day about someone on there not liking Tebow.

Lestat
12-05-2011, 09:07 AM
as? as? that tool is so far beyond retarded it's beyond anything Hoge and Smith could ever do. though his Newton and Tebow hatred almost got Hoge there earlier this season.
I love Tebow but Bayless is as retarded as Hoge and Smith should stick to basketball.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Can we just start a thread designated for ESPN opinions? It's clear everyone takes them very seriously and to heart since there are two threads a day about someone on there not liking Tebow.

Hey, everyone...the thread sheriff hath spoken.

Chris
12-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Is there video of this online?

MajorGCG
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
EPSN?

Sure you've never had a typo. Fantastic contribution by you.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Sure you've never had a typo. Fantastic contribution by you.

Sorry, I was just making sure it wasn't a new network I hadn't heard of. Lighten up.

ludo21
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
love me some skip bayless

constant contrarian

Peoples Champ
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
here is the video of it if you want to watch

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7318643&categoryid=2459789

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Colin Cowherd, too, wouldn't budge this morning. Though he kept comparing him to guys like Roethlisburger, Brady, Rodgers and failed to see the irony.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 09:16 AM

We do with the media hate thread. Leave it to crybabies that need to start threads. This site have had so many the last few weeks.
Steven a smith says Raiders are still going to win the west with 3 more wins. Kc beats us at hoe. Now that is a thread starter based on our whole team.

MajorGCG
12-05-2011, 09:18 AM
We do with the media hate thread. Leave it to crybabies that need to start threads. This thread and so many the last few weeks.
Steven a smith says Raiders are still going to win the west with 3 more wins. Kc beats us at home. Now that is a thread starter based on our whole team.

Im not crying about anything. I just said the show was entertaining and it was. I don't care what anyone's opinion of Tim is. Quite the difficulty with context and reading comprehension with some people on this board.

barryr
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
We do with the media hate thread. Leave it to crybabies that need to start threads. This thread and so many the last few weeks.
Steven a smith says Raiders are still going to win the west with 3 more wins. Kc beats us at home. Now that is a thread starter based on our whole team.

True, we either see threads about the media hating Tebow or threads of how some Bronco fans hate Tebow fans. And then complain about too many threads about Tebow. Ugh.

broncobum6162
12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
here is the video of it if you want to watch

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7318643&categoryid=2459789

STA.....STAMP! Skip Bayless, the only voice of reason on Espin....^5

Paladin
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Does ESPN have any sports shows? I'll have to watch it sometime........

Seriously, I rarely watch that channel....

Blart
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I watch these because it's so funny to see skip get worked up. Watch him breathe (1:15) while he listens to the stream of Tebow hate - he looks like he's about to cry and attack with tears of rage.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Eric Mangini is pretty fair.

alkemical
12-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I watch these because it's so funny to see skip get worked up. Watch him breathe (1:15) while he listens to the stream of Tebow hate - he looks like he's about to cry and attack with tears of rage.

Which OM poster is he?

Peoples Champ
12-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Colin Cowherd, too, wouldn't budge this morning. Though he kept comparing him to guys like Roethlisburger, Brady, Rodgers and failed to see the irony.

Tebow will have to win 3 superbowls for those guys to change. The first two superbowls it will be Denvers Defense and running backs that win it for them.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 09:46 AM
is it hate or just uber stupidity or maybe explayers who dont like Denver because they lost to the broncos in the past and still carrying a grudge. they cant possibly hate tebow for the sake of hating

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
or maybe they do not like this odd offense we run this option thing slash regular offense mix up

footstepsfrom#27
12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I've never been a Bayless fan but he's spot on with his Tebow opinions, and he owned Steven A throughout that entire show, who was reduced to personal insults direct towards Bayless because his arguments eventually got so pathetic he said Tebow's sucess is because he can take chances with his limited skill set since nothing is expected of him anyway. Hmmmm...taking chances would mean throwing more than 1 INT in 7 games would it not?

He and the rest of these anti-Tebow haters are a bunch of clowns, which is why I rarely listen to any of them unless I need comedic relief. Even Trent Dilfer is starting to see the truth now... :rofl:

Boobs McGee
12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
This is the first and last time I'll ever watch this show. I happened to have the day off today, and figured I'd give it a shot....just, wow. It's like a couple of ten year olds yelling at each other, hoping that whoever yells the loudest will win the argument. I watched for 20 minutes, had to change the channel.

This pretty much embodies every Tebow argument on the Mane, and is EXACTLY how I picture the verbal transcripts of those arguments playing out.

Skip and Stephen A are both clowns. Worst show ever.

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I've never been a Bayless fan but he's spot on with his Tebow opinions, and he owned Steven A throughout that entire show, who was reduced to personal insults direct towards Bayless because his arguments eventually got so pathetic he said Tebow's sucess is because he can take chances with his limited skill set since nothing is expected of him anyway. Hmmmm...taking chances would mean throwing more than 1 INT in 7 games would it not?

He and the rest of these anti-Tebow haters are a bunch of clowns, which is why I rarely listen to any of them unless I need comedic relief. Even Trent Dilfer is starting to see the truth now... :rofl:

Geez, Smith saying that shows me he is even dumber than I already thought. His basketball takes are hard enough to stomach, but he knows even less about football.

Boobs McGee
12-05-2011, 10:09 AM
The funny part, is that even the most ardent Tebow haters that I know personally don't argue like these two...how hard is it to have a civil conversation without name calling and voice raising?

bendog
12-05-2011, 10:38 AM
God I hate that show.

Chris
12-05-2011, 10:45 AM
It doesn't help that Skip Bayless looks like Bob Dylan's red headed little brother and his soulless heroin veins start pulsating any time he speaks.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
The funny part, is that even the most ardent Tebow haters that I know personally don't argue like these two...how hard is it to have a civil conversation without name calling and voice raising?

And how long have you been on the Mane? Jizz and TGN says hi!

Boobs McGee
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
EXACTLY what I was picturing...a jhns/tgn cage match.

ColoradoDarin
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Well at least Stephen A Smith is loud. He's completely wrong, but very LOUD.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
It's so awesome that the Broncos are the biggest news in football. Smith and Hoge have no choice but to stick to their guns. Otherwise they have to admit they really know nothing about football, and have no more idea then the avg fan who will be a great player.

Leave Hoge or Smith to make a draft board, by only having them watch games, they get no outside opinions, scouting reports, etc etc, and they would not come close to getting the first 20 players selected right. Real football scouts for NFL teams probably laugh their ass off watching just as well.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
or maybe they do not like this odd offense we run this option thing slash regular offense mix up

This is what it is. An nfl rule that says once QB doesn't participate in play, you can't hit him etc etc tells us what we need to know. All the rules are designed to keep the QB upright and safe. They let olines hold more then B4, they let wr run free and you can't bump them as much, you can't hit any of them in the head, or when they aren't looking (which is the most funny because just go around defenseless every play, you can't get hit is moronic) etc etc.

So now Tebow comes along and he carries out play fakes so good the defense hits him when he doesn't have the ball. He runs around causing contact and generally telling defense, **** you, i am not scared of you hitting me etc etc.

It goes against what the NFL wants. They love Rapelisburger, but probably only because he won a Supberbowl, but really him and Tebow a lot alike. Except Tebow is a good man and the other isn't. On the field though, same sort of game.

footstepsfrom#27
12-05-2011, 11:14 AM
This is what it is. An nfl rule that says once QB doesn't participate in play, you can't hit him etc etc tells us what we need to know. All the rules are designed to keep the QB upright and safe. They let olines hold more then B4, they let wr run free and you can't bump them as much, you can't hit any of them in the head, or when they aren't looking (which is the most funny because just go around defenseless every play, you can't get hit is moronic) etc etc.

So now Tebow comes along and he carries out play fakes so good the defense hits him when he doesn't have the ball. He runs around causing contact and generally telling defense, **** you, i am not scared of you hitting me etc etc.

It goes against what the NFL wants. They love Rapelisburger, but probably only because he won a Supberbowl, but really him and Tebow a lot alike. Except Tebow is a good man and the other isn't. On the field though, same sort of game.
Somewhat, but Rapelisburger is nowhere near the running threat Tebow is. He's big and tough and can shed tackles in the pocket or make throws with guys hanging on him, but you don't see defenses having to actually gameplan ways to keep him from getting outside the edge containment or him galloping downfield for 30 yard runs. In other ways, theiron-field game is similar in that they have the "it" factor that wins, but I think Tebow will be a better player. Character-wise there's no comparison.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Somewhat, but Rapelisburger is nowhere near the running threat Tebow is. He's big and tough and can shed tackles in the pocket or make throws with guys hanging on him, but you don't see defenses having to actually gameplan ways to keep him from getting outside the edge containment or him galloping downfield for 30 yard runs. In other ways, theiron-field game is similar in that they have the "it" factor that wins, but I think Tebow will be a better player. Character-wise there's no comparison.

For sure I agree. I mean more Rape boy is more about holding the ball, looking for a huge play, then he is throwing ball short and quick all day like other qbs.

He will take a hit, move around, and not worry about defenders hitting him. I agree though because Tebow actually moves around better, he is a way bigger threat with his legs to run. I meant more that no one said Rape boy could not win when he was throwing ball 15 times a game and handing off to Bettis. When Steelers did it they called it hard nosed Steeler football. When Broncos do it they call it crap hs ball. All because it makes Tebow an option to run, which is so lame. He can actually do more then other qbs and should be praised for it.

Greatspirits
12-05-2011, 11:33 AM
They gone from He'll never play in the NFL, he'll never start, he'll never win, he'll never make the playoffs to he'll never win a Super Bowl! This just proves how biased and pathetic they all are!!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
They gone from He'll never play in the NFL, he'll never start, he'll never win, he'll never make the playoffs to he'll never win a Super Bowl! This just proves how biased and pathetic they all are!!

well Tebow cant win 50 superbowls

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 11:51 AM

I watched Dilfer on the Cowherd show this AM and he has had his come to Jesus moment.

Admitted ( or stated ) that Tebow is not able to be analysed
by the current media correctly because he doesn't fit the mold of what they have defined as a proper NFL QB model. He said that is why there is so much controversy in the media analysts , and that they simply do NOT KNOW how to evaluate him correctly.
Also said that he feels that Tebow and the Broncos will continue to win, because Tebow does not DO what other Qbs do in situations, and therefore brings an element to the game that you simply cannot prepare for. If the Defense does Everything right ( according to usual coaching) Tebow does something outside the norm which negates what the defense does. He also said that he saw Tebow do all the things an Nfl QB needs to do yesterday and that he could barely believe the improvement that he has shown in a short period of time ( 7 games), so he would not bet against him being a good NFL starter for the future.

He was non-commttal on whether he can win a championship, but did not rule it out. He also said that it makes Elways job hard because the only way they will win a championship is if they commit to the style of play that Tebow can do, and build around him. ( blah blah)

Cowherd was ragging on Tebow before Dilfer came on and pretty much did not want to talk about it after that. ( got schooled by someone that actaully KNOWS the game.)

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
im trying to help the sports media talking heads out. they want to be absurd and stupid so going to help them out .
Tebow cant kick a field goal, he cant punt , he cant throw a 3 pointer he cant dunk he cant jump .Tebow cant coach tebow cant throw for over 50 tds in a game Tebow cant throw 999999999999999999999 yards a season therefore he is a failure

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
He will take a hit, move around, and not worry about defenders hitting him. I agree though because Tebow actually moves around better, he is a way bigger threat with his legs to run.

Sometimes it's hard to watch Tebow because he seems to have this innate sense of just how much separation he needs from pass rushers and slides just enough to stay literally inches out of their grasp. Almost like he's toying with them.

Every now and again he'll misjudge though, and get taken down like he did with Allen coming up behind him yesterday. I think that's partly why he lost the ball. He didn't think he was going down until it was too late.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5iHRMq4YL08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch from 3:09 to 4:17 it pretty much sums up what I feel how arguments really go :thumbs:

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM
im trying to help the sports media talking heads out. they want to be absurd and stupid so going to help them out .
Tebow cant kick a field goal, he cant punt , he cant throw a 3 pointer he cant dunk he cant jump .Tebow cant coach tebow cant throw for over 50 tds in a game Tebow cant throw 999999999999999999999 yards a season therefore he is a failure

Read the recent WSJ article about Tebow. It list all of the hundreds of things he CAN'T do. And the one thing that he CAN do.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203833104577070351117638504.html

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Read the recent WSJ article about Tebow. It list all of the hundreds of things he CAN'T do. And the one thing that he CAN do.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203833104577070351117638504.html

good article thanks

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
This show is hilarious!

The haters won't give any ground. Jon Ritchie is a clown. He's still saying the team is winning in spite of Tim and gives him no credit. Stephen A for A-ahole Smith is just as bull headed.

But it's fun to watch Skip drive them nuts.

So is Pete Prisco: "It isn't quarterback he plays"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades[/QUOTE]

OBF1
12-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I am still suprised anyone watches that channel.. But when I see who is in the "Hate espn" corner every week, it is no suprise.

TDmvp
12-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I am still suprised anyone watches that channel.. But when I see who is in the "Hate espn" corner every week, it is no suprise.

It's like that scene in Private Parts (Howard Stern's movie) where they talk about people who hate him listening just as much as people who love him just to see what he's going to say next that makes them mad.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I honestly can't think of another player that so many in the media have hated and wanted to fail like this. It's honestly getting really bizarre at this point. I get being skeptical of Tebow when he first got drafted, but with each success you would think that people would just shrug their shoulders and admit they maybe they were wrong. They do it with other players. But with Tebow they come across like rival fans rooting against the kid and spewing hyperbole to try and back up their ridiculous positions on how much he sucks.

pikkiwoki
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I watched Dilfer on the Cowherd show this AM and he has had his come to Jesus moment.

Admitted ( or stated ) that Tebow is not able to be analysed
by the current media correctly because he doesn't fit the mold of what they have defined as a proper NFL QB model. He said that is why there is so much controversy in the media analysts , and that they simply do NOT KNOW how to evaluate him correctly.
Also said that he feels that Tebow and the Broncos will continue to win, because Tebow does not DO what other Qbs do in situations, and therefore brings an element to the game that you simply cannot prepare for. If the Defense does Everything right ( according to usual coaching) Tebow does something outside the norm which negates what the defense does. He also said that he saw Tebow do all the things an Nfl QB needs to do yesterday and that he could barely believe the improvement that he has shown in a short period of time ( 7 games), so he would not bet against him being a good NFL starter for the future.

Trent Dilweed at it again. He needs to just stop it. What a disingenuous, self-important prick. Of course now that Tebow has had some success, he "sees stuff that he never saw before from Tebow." Riiiiiiiiight. Bullsh*t. Maybe he didn't see it before, because he had his head up his own ass, maybe? Every time he makes a downfield throw, I hear "Oohhh, see he's NEVER done that before! He's improving EXPONENTIALLY!!!!11!!zomg!!!!" Ummm, no, it's that you haven't been paying attention to his previous games, or you just choose to ignore past plays that don't support your opinion that he sucks, has never completed a pass, can't read a defense, only hits "wide open receivers," and on and on and on.

Gimme a break. Dilweed's attempt to save face is pathetic.

DrFate
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
So is Pete Prisco: "It isn't quarterback he plays"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades

Prisco has always been, and remains, a moron. It's funny he slams a guy and, at the same time, says: "Tebow isn't turning the ball over, he's hitting the open men and he's been great in the clutch." Isn't that what you normally want out of your quarterback?