PDA

View Full Version : The Team "Would run through a brick wall for John Fox"

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
First, apologies in advance for not making this thread about Tebow.

I was listening to Vic and Gary this morning. Vic was doing his post game locker room interviews for CBS 4 and the whole team started cheering like they won the lottery. Vic asked Mario Haggan what they were screaming about and he said "Fox. We'd run through a wall for that guy."

It's nice to have a coach the players are behind for a change. When you think of the different pieces on our team. Most of the starters are still here from last and yet they are playing better and with more enthusiasm, yes, I think they support Tebow, but I also think they love Fox and that's a good thing.

Tombstone RJ
12-05-2011, 08:40 AM

I was listening to Vic and Gary this morning. Vic was doing his post game locker room interviews for CBS 4 and the whole team started cheering like they won the lottery. Vic asked Mario Haggan what they were screaming about and he said "Fox. We'd run through a wall for that guy."

It's nice to have a coach the players are behind for a change. When you think of the different pieces on our team. Most of the starters are still here from last and yet they are playing better and with more enthusiasm, yes, I think they support Tebow, but I also think they love Fox and that's a good thing.

This is exactly why he was the right coach after McD. The players love him, he's not a reactionary coach, he understands how the players think and he loves winning.

TheReverend
12-05-2011, 08:41 AM

And stopped reading and you are not forgiven. Expect a battle on the podcast tomorrow over this. *smacking you with white glove*

barryr
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Also Fox is willing to admit mistakes and went with a new QB and even changing the offense to better succeed. In the beginning of the season, I had doubts with the offense with Orton so bad and the defense looking like it did before he came to the team. But both are better and you have to give Fox credit for willing to make changes, which not every coach is willing to do.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Fox is proving to be the right man for the job at the right time. I wonder who decided that he should be the hire? ;D

Chris
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Fox appears to know how to manage people which is ultimately what the team is made of (I know that sounds Madden-esque). He clearly lets his coaches do their thing and he works with the big picture. He really appears to be a complete coach ni that sense.

McDaniels was a social idiot and a guy that clearly obsessed over the minutiae. He did not understand the basics of interacting with his coaches and players. Shanahan was prejudiced in favour of offense.

I love these qualities in Fox.

Spider
12-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Elway was right , Fox was the best man for the job .........To bad Kaylor is a Tebow hater ;D I kinda liked Kaylor , but now he is going to hell ;D

barryr
12-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Fox appears to know how to manage people which is ultimately what the team is made of (I know that sounds Madden-esque). He clearly lets his coaches do their thing and he works with the big picture. He really appears to be a complete coach ni that sense.

McDaniels was a social idiot and a guy that clearly obsessed over the minutiae. He did not understand the basics of interacting with his coaches and players. Shanahan was prejudiced in favour of offense.

To be a great coach, one has to be able to manage crisis well, but also willing to make adjustments.

The Packers' McCarthy was willing to make Rodgers his QB over Favre when that wan't so popular by everyone at least. Now look at them.

The Steelers' Tomlin came to the Steelers with really only a 4-3 defense experience, but kept their DC and keeping the 3-4 defense they have used to great success for many years. And look at how he has done.

Being able to adapt is important and that is key to being a great coach IMO.

Lestat
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
glad to see Fox doing well. he was the guy i wanted in the off season(couldn't for the life of me figure out why we were after so many offensive minded guys)
Elway has made some very nice calls so far, it started out rough, but he has done a very nice job as a rookie on the job.

now the main thing is building upon this success and maintaining it. hopefully in two seasons we are where the Packers are at.

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
And stopped reading and you are not forgiven. Expect a battle on the podcast tomorrow over this. *smacking you with white glove*

Tebow is made of poo!

bendog
12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
What's interesting to me is the change for Fox since last year. He knew in 2009 that Richardson was going to axe the payroll and axe him at the end of his contract, and 2010 in charlotte was going to be about one thing: low payroll in prepartion for what Richardson wanted which was to break the union even it that meant cancelling the entire season.

The whole Car experience was toxic the last two years. During the last 2 years, Fox's staff shed three guys who are now off or def coords, the dline coach at GB, special teams at Lions and linebackers for Saban at Ala. Steve Smith was willing to do anything to get out of Car until he saw Cam.

It's like Fox was liberated. LOL

vonqkilla
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Its a regular happy love fest these days.

Big concern is mounting injuries.

Carter, Royal, McGahee, Clady, Von, etc..

Chris
12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Tebow is made of poo!

If this is true, then we are rolling around in ****.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
What has impressed me most about Fox so far is his willingness to go with change. Coming in, he had his system. He thought Orton would be the best at running that system. When it clearly wasn't working, he benched Orton, brought in Tebow, and devised a new system for his new QB, which he has been tinkering with ever since. Do you think Shanahan, or Norv, or any of the old guard would have done that? In the middle of an ongoing season? I don't. I think they would have been looking for trades.

Plus, Fox keeps his cool. In fact, he reminds me of a sergeant I had in the army whose nickname was "Cool Breeze." No matter what happened, he was just on the same, smooth wavelength, like he had himself set on cruise control. Fox has that quality. I'll bet it gives the players a sense of calm too. Let's face it. Tebow has brought a ****storm of excitement to Denver. It must be nice to have a calm center in the storm.

Lestat
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
that scares the **** out of me

Miss I.
12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Tebow is made of poo!

Dear, you know what this is missing right?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/14/128712010746002772.jpg

either that or this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RgdPozXw7e8/TUr650LyKGI/AAAAAAAAAus/iWNJ2E32IZ0/s1600/52199_6a00d83451b05569e20133edbc8aec970b-450wi.jpg

;D

Drek
12-05-2011, 09:31 AM

That's the gist of it. Fox kept the majority of McDaniels' players and at least half of his coaching staff, yet this looks and feels like a different team.

Part of that is having two young fire starters in Tebow and Miller. Part of that is McGahee as the bell cow back we've lacked for several years (even pre-McDaniels when Shanahan couldn't get a back to stay healthy more than a month).

But at least as big as that has been Fox letting his guys do their damn jobs. We aren't running Fox's defense from Carolina, we're running a new almost 46 style 4-3/5-2 mash up that Allen has put together. McCoy and Gase are free to come up with their offense and pick Tebow's and Thomas's brains for new wrinkles they can add. Magazu is actually whipping this young line into shape.

Its crazy what happens when these highly qualified, highly paid coaches we've hired are allowed to actually coach their guys and aren't being micromanaged and undercut from day one.

bendog
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
What has impressed me most about Fox so far is his willingness to go with change. Coming in, he had his system. He thought Orton would be the best at running that system. When it clearly wasn't working, he benched Orton, brought in Tebow, and devised a new system for his new QB, which he has been tinkering with ever since. Do you think Shanahan, or Norv, or any of the old guard would have done that? In the middle of an ongoing season? I don't. I think they would have been looking for trades.

Plus, Fox keeps his cool. In fact, he reminds me of a sergeant I had in the army whose nickname was "Cool Breeze." No matter what happened, he was just on the same, smooth wavelength, like he had himself set on cruise control. Fox has that quality. I'll bet it gives the players a sense of calm too. Let's face it. Tebow has brought a ****storm of excitement to Denver. It must be nice to have a calm center in the storm.

I agree that Fox is pretty unique in his willingness to give new things a chance. I've never been too sold on the idea that Fox really has a system. Some Car posters were really down on Fox because he typically had the two-headed tailback scheme, and typically had conservative run-oriented game plans/play calls, and qbs who didn't have a whole lot of natl ability. To me he's been more like Mike Nolan - he's a professional defensive coach who actually played college ball with .... gasp, Herm. He wants to run more than some coaches, and he wants to pressure the other team's qb, but like Nolan he's not so tied to a set scheme.

Teams disrespected our passing game with Orton. Our play action didn't scare anyone. But I look at Tebow's play since he took over, and his improvement is glaringly obvious. So obvious that I believe even more in the reports of how bad he looked in the abbreviated training camp. Fox was pressured into going with Tebow in that he wasn't left much choice. Orton had to go, and if he put in Quinn the peasants would burn down Sports Authority at Mile High. Tebow "sucked" in the traditional 3-5 step/play action.

Fox and McCoy knew they wanted to force teams to bring up 8 guys to stop the run, and kill them with play action. That was the plan from Day One. So, they ran Tebow. And Tebow is slowly showing he can make plays with his arm. What impressed me about them is how they've used the personnel they have to get where they want to go. It's not so much that they devised a scheme for Tebow, imo, but that they wanted to force 8 in the box, and used Tebow's existing skills in a way to force it. It may be uncoventional in some ways, but the sum of what they're doing isn't any different with the Shanny/Kubes zone blocking that forced defenses to over commit, and then gash them with the pass.

Vine
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
This is exactly why he was the right coach after McD. The players love him, he's not a reactionary coach, he understands how the players think and he loves winning.

Benching Orton and inserting Tebow as the starter was sort of reactionary to the fan pressure, though, wouldn't you think?

Gort
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Dawkins tweet:

"ths is nothing new. But it's the truth T.E.A.M T ogether E verybody A chieves M ore. #BIDB Believe In Dem Broncos" -- @Brian Dawkins, the Broncos' 16-year veteran safety.

bendog
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Benching Orton and inserting Tebow as the starter was sort of reactionary to the fan pressure, though, wouldn't you think?

He didn't give into the pressure until there was simply no logical reason not too. Den was gonna go worse than 4-12 with Orton. No matter how bad Tebow was, there was no reason to not find out how bad, good, it was.

I think what posters are giving him credit for was doing whatever he could to take advantage of what Tebow brought to the table. It's not like EFX pulled an Irsay and chose to go 0-16 to get Luck. They tried to win some games. I'm not going to sit here and type that I think a team can consistently win in the NFL running the ball 50Plus times and throwing 10. It won't win consistently. What pissed me off about the Tebowites and former McJo****es was the crap about "oh they're not behind Tim." BS. They gave Tebow an offense that allowed him to be able to get on the field, and told him what he needed to do to show them he's the guy. He's getting better,every week.

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM

No, if they were 4-1, I doubt he goes with Tebow. But they were 1-4 and playing half dead, so he had to change something.

R8R H8R
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
That's the gist of it. Fox kept the majority of McDaniels' players and at least half of his coaching staff, yet this looks and feels like a different team.

Part of that is having two young fire starters in Tebow and Miller. Part of that is McGahee as the bell cow back we've lacked for several years (even pre-McDaniels when Shanahan couldn't get a back to stay healthy more than a month).

But at least as big as that has been Fox letting his guys do their damn jobs. We aren't running Fox's defense from Carolina, we're running a new almost 46 style 4-3/5-2 mash up that Allen has put together. McCoy and Gase are free to come up with their offense and pick Tebow's and Thomas's brains for new wrinkles they can add. Magazu is actually whipping this young line into shape.

Its crazy what happens when these highly qualified, highly paid coaches we've hired are allowed to actually coach their guys and aren't being micromanaged and undercut from day one.

Agree completely with all points. However, I also think that Magazu is the unsung hero on this coaching staff. In time, he is a legitimate contender to Alex Gibbs for the title as greatest Broncos OL coach, imo.

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Agree completely with all points. However, I also think that Magazu is the unsung hero on this coaching staff. In time, he is a legitimate contender to Alex Gibbs for the title as greatest Broncos OL coach, imo.

Yes, I agree since that unit has had the toughest job of making changes to the offense and changes to the protection and blocking schemes. Seeing how they are playing now from the Lions' game shows vast improvement to say the least.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Dawkins tweet:

"ths is nothing new. But it's the truth T.E.A.M T ogether E verybody A chieves M ore. #BIDB Believe In Dem Broncos" -- @Brian Dawkins, the Broncos' 16-year veteran safety.

Dawkins had an awesome game yesterday. The Iggles must be kicking themselves in the ass over that stupid mistake. Did you see him on the sidelines, firing up the D?

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Dawkins had an awesome game yesterday. The Iggles must be kicking themselves in the ass over that stupid mistake. Did you see him on the sidelines, firing up the D?

Yep. Even if Dawkins has lost a couple of steps.....a guy like him is invaluable. He brings so much to the table with off-the-charts leadership.

CrucialMax
12-05-2011, 10:36 AM

+1 :thumbs: it was logical to bench Orton, but he went above and beyond IMO by working with what Tebow could and couldn't do at the time. As Tebow grows, so does the offense.

It's great to not have internal team drama, they are hitting on all cylinders! :~ohyah!:

vonqkilla
12-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Yep. Even if Dawkins has lost a couple of steps.....a guy like him is invaluable. He brings so much to the table with off-the-charts leadership.

Qft, dude is a great guy.

razorwire77
12-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Dawkins is just such a warrior. Fox showed a replay of him taking on a 335 pound pulling lineman head on. Not cutting him, not chipping him, but ****ing head on. Also, the batted balls that he seems to come up with every game are huge. He's the man, and he's proving that he still has a lot left in the tank.

gyldenlove
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM

That to me is huge, when Mcdaniels came in we replaced half the starters from the year before and in his second year we replaced almost as many starters, he had nearly a total turnover in 2 years.

In game 1 of this year we started the same QB, RB, number 1 WR, LT, LG, C, RG, and FB from the year before (changes: WR2 and RT), DT1, OLB1, MLB, DE1, DE2, CB1, CB2, S1 (changes: OLB2, DT2, S2) from our would be starters from the previous year.

A new head coach who comes in and changes less than 25% of the starters and the starters he did change were mostly draft choices (RT, OLB, S). He has later made changes by using depth players most of whom we already had on the roster from the previous coaches.

It is easy to say he has been too conservative, but I think he has tried very hard to do the best with what he had and find out what he had before doing anything stupid (like trading for Brady Quinn or signing Nate Jones). He has let his offensive coaches do their thing to a large extend and he has let Dennis Allen control the defense. Fox seems very much like a players coach and I think a lot of players are responding well to that.

gyldenlove
12-05-2011, 11:14 AM

A lot of Iggles fans are still crying that they let him go, they haven't had any defensive identity since they let him walk and his play and influence since he came here has more than proven that he could have added a lot of value in Philly. Do you think they would have the Asante Samuel - Nnamdi problem with who plays the slot and who plays the right side if Dawkins had been there to knock a few skulls together?

Having the presence of Dawkins settles down a defense, he can take focus away from younger players when they are under pressure and he can step up and get them going when they need a spark.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 11:16 AM

How many weeks did he wait though? I think the statement stands.

The players would run through a brick wall for Coach Fox and I bet they wanted to throw McDaniels through a brick wall.

Glad we made the switch. Was Fox my first choice? Nope but I was happy we went Defense minded coach first. Also crazy that they come up with a different game plan for Tebow every week. That is not too easy. Tebow had 22 runs last week and only 3 this week. We bitch as we see fit and probably more right on it but in the end, the coach gets the W. This staff deserves high praises and Coach Fox could become the coach of the year if we win this division. Houston's Kubiak finally doing well too (and he can thank Wade Phips for that one.

bronco militia
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
mehhhh....everything looks better when the team wins. The last thing B-dawk needs is another game vs. the Packers.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Tebow is made of poo!

So that is what winning smells like then?

bendog
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
mehhhh....everything looks better when the team wins. The last thing B-dawk needs is another game vs. the Packers.

yeah, great guy but he scares me in any coverage.

titan
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I liked how Fox managed the 2 point conversion yesterday. So many coaches when trailing by 8 go for 2 early in the game, fail, and then they are playing catchup the rest of the game (Dan Reeves did this against the Broncos in the Super Bowl). Fox took the sure 1 point conversion a couple of times, and only went for 2 in the 4th quarter when time was becoming a factor.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:36 AM

It's hard for the players to have a young coach like Mcd. I think the father figure works much better for these guys. Someone they respect because he has been around and seen it all.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I liked how Fox managed the 2 point conversion yesterday. So many coaches when trailing by 8 go for 2 early in the game, fail, and then they are playing catchup the rest of the game (Dan Reeves did this against the Broncos in the Super Bowl). Fox took the sure 1 point conversion a couple of times, and only went for 2 in the 4th quarter when time was becoming a factor.

Yep I kept screaming go 4 two! then when we finally did and tied it I realized that I wanted them to go for it on 4th down a bunch also. That is why I am not the coach lol. Props to Fox for not being impulsive and believing in his team to make plays down the road, instead of getting desperate.

BroncoBen
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM

I think Coach Fox should be the Coach of the year... but will it be the 49ers coach ?

SureShot
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
They run through walls because the door is too easy and we all know they don't like to do things the easy way.

TheReverend
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
They run through walls because the door is too easy and we all know they don't like to do things the easy way.

Walls are more conservative than any pre-existing openings.

bendog
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I think Coach Fox should be the Coach of the year... but will it be the 49ers coach ?

yes. Hands down. Though he inherited a lot more talent

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree that Fox is pretty unique in his willingness to give new things a chance. I've never been too sold on the idea that Fox really has a system. Some Car posters were really down on Fox because he typically had the two-headed tailback scheme, and typically had conservative run-oriented game plans/play calls, and qbs who didn't have a whole lot of natl ability. To me he's been more like Mike Nolan - he's a professional defensive coach who actually played college ball with .... gasp, Herm. He wants to run more than some coaches, and he wants to pressure the other team's qb, but like Nolan he's not so tied to a set scheme.

Teams disrespected our passing game with Orton. Our play action didn't scare anyone. But I look at Tebow's play since he took over, and his improvement is glaringly obvious. So obvious that I believe even more in the reports of how bad he looked in the abbreviated training camp. Fox was pressured into going with Tebow in that he wasn't left much choice. Orton had to go, and if he put in Quinn the peasants would burn down Sports Authority at Mile High. Tebow "sucked" in the traditional 3-5 step/play action.

Fox and McCoy knew they wanted to force teams to bring up 8 guys to stop the run, and kill them with play action. That was the plan from Day One. So, they ran Tebow. And Tebow is slowly showing he can make plays with his arm. What impressed me about them is how they've used the personnel they have to get where they want to go. It's not so much that they devised a scheme for Tebow, imo, but that they wanted to force 8 in the box, and used Tebow's existing skills in a way to force it. It may be uncoventional in some ways, but the sum of what they're doing isn't any different with the Shanny/Kubes zone blocking that forced defenses to over commit, and then gash them with the pass.
Great post. i think its about spot on. makes me happy teams cannot focus completely on one aspect to our offense. if they go pass defense we can hurt them with the run and vice versa

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM

I was cursing them for not going for 2 to get to 15 early. I guess I was figuring we'd be lucky to get another shot at the end zone the way our games have gone. :)

Just proves you never know **** with this team. :)

t-diddy
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM

Please post more. Please post in every thread. I don't care what you write, just please get that avy coming around more often. Rep to you sir.:thumbs:

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
yes. Hands down. Though he inherited a lot more talent

There's a number of national media outlets that are pimping Fox for the award.

gyldenlove
12-05-2011, 01:16 PM

East coast bias!

SureShot
12-05-2011, 01:16 PM
"Doors are gay"- Vince Lombardi

http://scottsauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vince_lombardi1.jpg

Gort
12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
How many weeks did he wait though? I think the statement stands.

The players would run through a brick wall for Coach Fox and I bet they wanted to throw McDaniels through a brick wall.

Glad we made the switch. Was Fox my first choice? Nope but I was happy we went Defense minded coach first. Also crazy that they come up with a different game plan for Tebow every week. That is not too easy. Tebow had 22 runs last week and only 3 this week. We b**** as we see fit and probably more right on it but in the end, the coach gets the W. This staff deserves high praises and Coach Fox could become the coach of the year if we win this division. Houston's Kubiak finally doing well too (and he can thank Wade Phips for that one.

here's the thing i have to get used to. i suspect lots of other Broncos fans do too.

with Shanny, you had that whole 10-12 scripted plays philosophy. this almost always ensured a fast start and a first drive score. the problem was that Shanny would get up early and then try to coast to a victory by holding onto the lead late in the game. very frustrating when the defensive talent isn't there to do that week in and week out, as we all saw in Shanny's final couple of years.

with Fox (and McCoy and Tebow), they are pretty much making up the offense as they go, so to start the game, they have no idea how the opposing defense is going to try and defend against our offense. this has led to VERY slow starts, until McCoy and the other offensive coaches figure out what the defense is doing ans start making adjustments to counter them. once they do that, we get better. by the end of the game, we have them figured out and are usually driving for the winning score as time is running out.

so these are almost completely opposite narratives for the games between the 2 regimes. i have to learn not to get so frustrated with McCoy in the first half because alot of what he is calling isn't necessarily designed to extend drives or score points, but to figure out how the defense is playing so that he can make the right halftime adjustments so that we can win the game. at least that's what i'll tell myself for now on. 1st half sucking = 2nd half wins.

:)

edog24
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM

Please keep posting.

Jetmeck
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM

I loved that. The D needed somebody to wake them up.

Gort
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 02:28 PM

None of those players have significant injuries, at least based on Fox's post game presser. All he reported was that Royal had a concussion. And Von will be back next week.

Tombstone RJ
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM

not when you are 1-4 and Orton, a seasoned vet, is not getting any better. I'd say starting Tebow from the beginning would be caving to pressure where as starting Orton, the vet who looks good in practice, is a veteran coaching move and he did it because it appeared Orton did give the Broncos the best chance to win.

Mogulseeker
12-05-2011, 03:44 PM

The Eagles run defense sucks this year.... who was on the Eagles the last time they had a good run defense?

Brian Dawkins
Broderick Bunkley
Joe Mays

Bob's your Information Minister
12-05-2011, 05:11 PM
John Fox typically follows up a winning season with two losing seasons.

So enjoy this winning season, fellas.

Lev Vyvanse
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM

If by typically, you mean never.

Jay3
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM

You have given us much to ponder.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I usually follow up a bet by welching on it.

Sorry guys.

FYP

randomtask
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM

I disagree. I think the thing that B-Dawk needs is another game against the Packers this season.

strafen
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Agree completely with all points. However, I also think that Magazu is the unsung hero on this coaching staff. In time, he is a legitimate contender to Alex Gibbs for the title as greatest Broncos OL coach, imo.wow!
Good thing is just your opinion. Magazu has a long road ahead before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as Gibbs.
He's doing well for us, and I want him to keep improving our OL, but he's not there yet...

Hamrob
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Fox was the best choice for this team. Hats off to Elway....because they weren't lining up at his door. That's for sure. He gets some redemption on his selection. If we manage to win a playoff game and the 49ers don't...even Harbaugh would have made a questioable decision. :-)

Fox provides a calm experienced affect that has been good. Let's not forget though, with Orton, he was 1-4 and going nowhere but ugly!!! I got so tired of hearing how Orton provided the best chance for them to win. BS!

But, changing to Tebow took nads...and I give him huge credit for doing it. He really didn't have to. I mean...the media had fully burried Tebow. They weren't even willing to give the guy a try. But, Fox (although pressured into it), made the change...and got on board. To the victor goes the spoils!

I'm still not overly enthusiastic about McCoy's playcalling, but he's learning too. I think Tebow is growing on him. Hopefully they'll continue to grow together.

Kudos for Fox right here:

1. Concentrating efforts on defense (Allen, Miller, running game)
2. Having the nads to play the "Gamer"
3. Along with Tebow, getting the team to believe

Hamrob
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
The Eagles run defense sucks this year.... who was on the Eagles the last time they had a good run defense?

Brian Dawkins
Broderick Bunkley
Joe MaysI like your thinking, but, if you watched a couple of those whiffs by Mays Sunday...wow. He had a couple nice licks too....but, man did he whiff a couple times.

Popps
12-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Kaylore,

So, you're saying that the players would run through a brick wall for Fox... because Tebow told them to, or just because Fox is Tebow's coach and hence has Tebow-like appeal?

Confused.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM

With teams like Oakland, KC, and Chargers in division we could easily go on a run of good yrs. Chiefs are never good, Chargers about to go through a rebuilding phase and Oakland has no one to run their team that knows anything about football.

Good times for Broncos ahead.

Carmelo15
12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I like your thinking, but, if you watched a couple of those whiffs by Mays Sunday...wow. He had a couple nice licks too....but, man did he whiff a couple times.

Yea I really enjoy watching Mays lay people out but he is just not very talented. Would love to keep him around, just not as a starter. Hopefully we can upgrade either his spot or Goodman's in the 1st round. Preferably MLB since that's usually a more immediate impact position to draft. Fortunately this is a strong draft for both MLB and CB

Mogulseeker
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I like your thinking, but, if you watched a couple of those whiffs by Mays Sunday...wow. He had a couple nice licks too....but, man did he whiff a couple times.

That's exactly what I've always noticed about Mays... he hits hard and he misses hard. Isn't his nickname wrecking ball? I'd say it's appropriate.

broncocalijohn
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM
That's exactly what I've always noticed about Mays... he hits hard and he misses hard. Isn't his nickname wrecking ball? I'd say it's appropriate.

Missed Cannon or something like that :yayaya:

12-06-2011, 12:40 AM
If by typically, you mean never.

Read it and weep.

11-5
7-9

11-5
8-8
7-9

12-4
8-8
2-14

That's two out of three winning seasons (the guy has had three winning seasons, how about that? :rofl:) where he followed it up with two losing seasons. 8-8 is not a winning season, either, so don't play that game.

You guys better hope you don't blow your load this year, because John Fox doesn't do the whole "consistent winning" that is the hallmark of good coaching in this league.

ZONA
12-06-2011, 01:33 AM
The Steelers' Tomlin came to the Steelers with really only a 4-3 defense experience, but kept their DC and keeping the 3-4 defense they have used to great success for many years. And look at how he has done.

I can promise you that if Tomlin had even a moment of thought about getting rid of Lebeau, the owner, the other coaches, the players and about 50 trillion Steeler fans would have run him out of town. I'll give Tomlin credit for the things he's done but I'm not going to go out there and say he "kept" the DC. I don't think that was even an option.

ZONA
12-06-2011, 01:41 AM

That's Mays in a nutshell. I'll take him as that dependable hard hitting backup but this defense needs a lagit starting MLB. Don't get me wrong, I think Mays has improved this year but imagine for a second having a D'Qwell Jackson, Patrick Willis or Barrett Ruud in front of Mays. Now you've upgraded the starting position and you have EXCELLENT depth.

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Dawkins tweet:

"BIDB, BIDB, BIDB."

http://www.jeffbots.com/twiki3.jpg

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 02:24 AM

Read it and weep.

11-5
7-9

11-5
8-8
7-9

12-4
8-8
2-14

That's two out of three winning seasons (the guy has had three winning seasons, how about that? :rofl:) where he followed it up with two losing seasons. 8-8 is not a winning season, either, so don't play that game.

You guys better hope you don't blow your load this year, because John Fox doesn't do the whole "consistent winning" that is the hallmark of good coaching in this league.

Don't play what game? The "Bob's an Idiot" game?

SPORTSWRITER
12-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Tebow is made of poo!

LOL! Yeah, but WINnie the Poo!!

12-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Don't play what game? The "Bob's an Idiot" game?

8-8 is a losing season. Sorry you don't agree.

I know I'd be upset if my team made the playoffs one year and then went 8-8.

The good news is that going 8-8 will lower expectations, so you won't be too disappointed with the losing season that follows.

DBroncos4life
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

The good news is that going 8-8 will lower expectations, so you won't be too disappointed with the losing season that follows.

LOL

03 KC 13-3 playoffs
04 KC 7-9
05 KC 10-6
06 KC 9-7 playoffs
07 KC 4-12
10 KC 10-6 playoffs
11 KC 5-7 so far

Every year you guys make the playoffs you fall way below the 8-8 mark you feel is a lossing season. Maybe your ****ty team should try for a .500 season after making the playoffs for once.

Rohirrim
12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I disagree. I think the thing that B-Dawk needs is another game against the Packers this season.

I see what you did there... :~ohyah!:

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM

yeah, I wish Mays would realise he has these two things called ARMS and they are for grasping hold of things....like runners.

ScottXray
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Hmmm. So aren't you upset with the Chiefs this year? Or happy that they have consistancy at the head coaching position?

Although your Defense is coming on strong at the end of the year what happens if the injuries keep happening next year? Oh and we had a string of those type years too and made the injury excuses for our teams failures...but eventually we had to admit that there was a problem.

fdf
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM

I thought it was more a reaction to Kyle Orton sucking.

12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
LOL

03 KC 13-3 playoffs
04 KC 7-9
05 KC 10-6
06 KC 9-7 playoffs
07 KC 4-12
10 KC 10-6 playoffs
11 KC 5-7 so far

Every year you guys make the playoffs you fall way below the 8-8 mark you feel is a lossing season. Maybe your ****ty team should try for a .500 season after making the playoffs for once.

Newsflash: THE CHIEFS SUCK.

You should aspire to be better than the Chiefs.

Unfortunately John Fox's history says he's going to spin you into a Chief-like state of existence. Hell, you've already got the "we run the ball and play defense" part down pat! Congrats!

Powderaddict
12-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Unfortunately John Fox's history says he's going to spin you into a Chief-like state of existence. Hell, you've already got the "we run the ball and play defense" part down pat! Congrats!

But, unlike the chefs, we're getting quality play from the QB position.

cutthemdown
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM

LOL you ain't watchin. Broncos go downfield in the passing game. It's exciting and they get big plays. If anything the Broncos are more exciting then teams that pass 5-10 yrds all day. Tebow goes deep and I love it. The only thing you are right about is the Chiefs stink. Does that make wins over them less sweet? nope! It just reaffirms what we believe. Broncos are football royalty, and the Chiefs are a lame joke.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Defenders have to get through a brick wall to get to the runner.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uojJrhnLjNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
12-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Without reading his anti broncos rant, broncbow has been bumping old threads to rip on Fox. This guy is obviously a troll and not a Broncos fan. Why is he allowed to continue to troll? TJ any reasons for this?

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 08:35 AM
LOL