PDA

View Full Version : What would Denver have to give up to get Percy Harvin?

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
What would Denver have to give up to get Percy Harvin?

He was a first rounder when the Vikings drafted him, and he's lighting things up. Just curious what you think it would take to pry him away from Minnesota. His contract runs through 2012.

Would a first round pick even be enough? Or would they want more picks...or a player, too?

Aftermath
12-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Hes not really lighting things up. Just against us.

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Would a first round pick even be enough? Or would they want more picks...or a player, too?

They're certainly going to want more than our #32 pick in the first round, I can tell you that.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:20 AM
They're certainly going to want more than our #32 pick in the first round, I can tell you that.

Hehe. Good one.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

Then some of our friends here will point to that 32 pick as more evidence that Tim Tebow is destroying the Denver Broncos. :D

strafen
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Why would we want Percy Harvin?

Seriously, we're fine, we need to address other issues in the draft next year.
Also, why people think Minnesota wants to get rid of Harvin?

That's like going to another's team board and reading what would it take to get Von Miller from the Broncos?

bowtown
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Then some of our friends here will point to that 32 pick as more evidence that Tim Tebow is destroying the Denver Broncos. :D

Let. it. Go.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:46 AM

That's like going to another's team board and reading what would it take to get Von Miller from the Broncos?

This will never happen. I am just asking you guys to be armchair General Managers.

I'd give up a first rounder and a conditional third or fourth rounder the following year.

barryr
12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Harvin's name came up in trade talks before the trade deadline, so it isn't a lock he will be a Viking long term. Harvin had a great game against the Broncos, but hasn't had much of a season so far. If the Broncos could trade down and get extra picks, dealing a 2nd or 3rd for him would probably be enough to get him at this point. The Broncos could use a WR with great speed and he played with Tebow in college, so familiarity is there too.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
This will never happen. I am just asking you guys to be armchair General Managers.

I'd give up a first rounder and a conditional third or fourth rounder the following year.

A deal might be doable after the end of next year. I think Percy'll only have one year left on his contract at that point, and if it becomes clear he's leaving after that, the Vikings might look to deal him to get something in return. You could maybe say they'd be open to trading him before next year's deadline, but that would have to assume they have another miserable start like they did this year.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Harvin's name came up in trade talks before the trade deadline, so it isn't a lock he will be a Viking long term.

Besides that one claim on Twitter, where did his name come up in trade talks?

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Besides that one claim on Twitter, where did his name come up in trade talks?

I don't remember the source(s) but I remember something about his missing games and such as a reason why they may look to deal him.

spdirty
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd rather go with the idea a poster had last week. Rather that give up all sorts of goodies for Harvin, go out and draft Denard Robinson in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I'd rather go with the idea a poster had last week. Rather that give up all sorts of goodies for Harvin, go out and draft Denard Robinson in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

But isn't Harvin money in the bank? A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

spdirty
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
But isn't Harvin money in the bank? A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Rather go for 1 in the bush and use that 1st on Hightower or a corner.

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 10:44 AM
What would Denver have to give up to get Percy Harvin?

He was a first rounder when the Vikings drafted him, and he's lighting things up. Just curious what you think it would take to pry him away from Minnesota. His contract runs through 2012.

Mainly Minnesota would have to hire McD as head coach and give him GM duties also so they would make such a stupid trade. Their only offensive spark plug except for AP.

A first would be the minimum, and that if you were a top 5 pick.

Not going to happen except in fantasy leagues.

s0phr0syne
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
LSU WR Russell Shepard will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Underutilized as a kind of H-back in the Tigers' run-heavy offense, the explosive Shepard managed just 52 receptions for 473 yards and five touchdowns in three seasons in Baton Rouge. He did rush 84 times for 572 more yards (6.81 YPC) and four additional scores. The nation's highest rated dual-threat QB recruit in 2008, Shepard is an incredible athlete with a 41 1/2" vertical and 11-foot-2 broad jump on record. The 6'1/185-pounder should have a big Combine and may turn out to be a better pro than college player.

Haven't seen much of this guy's play, but the Rotoworld blurb combined with his stats and physique sound like he could potentially fill the Harvin role in this offense

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM

If Brandon Marshall was worth a 2nd and a 3rd (drop a future pick one round), then Harvin is worth a 1st alone.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM

yeah, not so much. Harvin is a beast

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Why is this board so hung up on Harvin?

bowtown
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM

He nowed teebs in teh aligater colidge!11!!!!!

Popps
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM

People want a gadget player, and honestly... I can see why. Thomas' heroics Sunday aside, we don't have many explosive, versatile players. Eddie Royal is supposed to be one, but he's too erratic.

I was all about us bringing in Sproles when he was available.

I think people just want game-breakers to take the pressure off of Tebow. Harvin seems to fit that bill.

Whether in the return game or on offense, I think fans here want to see us with a Hester/Harvin/Sproles type of freak that other teams have to account for. I can see the logic.

Rolandftw
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
He nowed teebs in teh aligater colidge!11!!!!!

LOL

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2012, 04:35 PM
People want a gadget player, and honestly... I can see why. Thomas' heroics Sunday aside, we don't have many explosive, versatile players. Eddie Royal is supposed to be one, but he's too erratic.

I think people just want game-breakers to take the pressure off of Tebow. Harvin seems to fit that bill.

Whether in the return game or on offense, I think fans here want to see us with a Hester/Harvin/Sproles type of freak that other teams have to account for. I can see the logic.

Im all for a gadget player, ive been calling for one for years...but they are to be found elsewhere outside of Harvin.

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM

He's a better version of Eddie Royal. You can get him the ball in a lot of places on the field and he can make things happen. He's what everyone wish Eddie Royal could be and maybe more.

ant1999e
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Because Percy played for Florida.:oyvey:

OBF1
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Forget giving up a high draft pick... Look no further than Jeff Demps from Florida. He plays HB and has played WR. He returns kicks and is a world class sprinter. He is listed as a 4.26 40 (ave) with a fast time of sub 4.20.

The kid will be around in the 3rd, maybe 4th round.... A wiser choice and you still get to use your 1st and 2nd on players of dire need.

Play2win
01-11-2012, 04:41 PM

LaMichael James would really seem to fit that mold better than most.

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM

Not really. He's shown nothing to say he's as polished as a WR or as a kick returner.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Im all for a gadget player, ive been calling for one for years...but they are to be found elsewhere outside of Harvin.

Yep. Drafting a guy like T.Y. Hilton in the 3rd round would make a lot more sense to me than trading way too much for Harvin.

Guy still hasn't managed a 1000 yard season and people are talking about giving up a 1st rounder for him. Give me a break.

teknic
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if he could hold up against NFL players, but I like Chris Rainey a lot.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM

James is perfect as a scat back, but his ability to lineup at WR is purely theoretical. They don't use him like that at Oregon. Not at all.

24champ
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
We don't have to give up anything for Desean Jackson.

Play2win
01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Not really. He's shown nothing to say he's as polished as a WR or as a kick returner.

Thats why I said better than most. He could definitely develop more. I have no Idea where he will go. But, in the 2nd or later, he could be a nice dump-off option with dynamic abilities.

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM

He could be too toxic.

DenverBroncosJM
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Harvin's name came up in trade talks before the trade deadline, so it isn't a lock he will be a Viking long term. Harvin had a great game against the Broncos, but hasn't had much of a season so far. If the Broncos could trade down and get extra picks, dealing a 2nd or 3rd for him would probably be enough to get him at this point. The Broncos could use a WR with great speed and he played with Tebow in college, so familiarity is there too.

Harvin closed out the season on a high note. He had 5-6 really good games.

I dont think we should trade any picks we need to continue to build through the draft. If we hit on our 1st and 2nd this year we could be in very good shape

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Thats why I said better than most. He could definitely develop more. I have no Idea where he will go. But, in the 2nd or later, he could be a nice dump-off option with dynamic abilities.

It seems like you're just saying this because he's from the Pac 10.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Joe Adams. 3rd round. Lock it up.

Play2win
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM
It seems like you're just saying this because he's from the Pac 10.

That's how come I actually freaking loved the National Championship Game, though everybody else around here seemed to think it boring. I thought it was a great game.

All I for for you is JARVIS MOSS... one of the whippersnappers' best and brightest.

OrangeSe7en
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
That's how come I actually freaking loved the National Championship Game, though everybody else around here seemed to think it boring. I thought it was a great game.

All I for for you is JARVIS MOSS... one of the whippersnappers' best and brightest.

I think you should hire Jarvis Moss to check your writing/grammar. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

TonyR
01-11-2012, 06:03 PM

You beat me to it. Nothing but a lot of money. He's not worth what somebody will pay him but I'd sure like to have his game breaking abilities on the team.

UberBroncoMan
01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Forget giving up a high draft pick... Look no further than Jeff Demps from Florida. He plays HB and has played WR. He returns kicks and is a world class sprinter. He is listed as a 4.26 40 (ave) with a fast time of sub 4.20.

The kid will be around in the 3rd, maybe 4th round.... A wiser choice and you still get to use your 1st and 2nd on players of dire need.

Darren Sproles 2.0 potential.

I see us losing Eddie Royal anyway so we'll need someone like this.

Agamemnon
01-11-2012, 06:31 PM

If only speed alone made good football players.

Archer81
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
My left nut. Its my favorite one though, so its not going to happen.

:Broncos:

Bronco Boy
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
My left nut. Its my favorite one though, so its not going to happen.

What about the right nut and a conditional 3rd/4th rounder?

Archer81
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
What about the right nut and a conditional 3rd/4th rounder?

I've considered that. If I let the right nut go, I'll be unbalanced and lose my aerodynamics.

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Because of the migranes, I wouldn't give up anything. He's a FA then yeah, but not in a trade unless it was a 3rd rounder etc.

Armchair Bronco
01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Here's the issue: "He's a gamer, he's a baller, he's a PLAY...MAKER." Percy Harvin is money. He's the real deal.

So, you can roll the dice on a Rook and hope for the best, or you trade away some gold for platinum.

The thing is: I think we have greater needs on the team. Defense should be the priority in the draft, not another receiver. But I'd give up a couple of 2nd rounders for Harvin.

ScottXray
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM

I've watched James and he seems to be knicked up too much to invest anything more than a 4rd or 5th. Great speed but he's able to be penned in and I doubt he'll hold up to the NFL defenses well. I think he will get hurt early.

ZONA
01-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Harvin is a good all around talent but he's not really gonna help you out a ton while lined up in the backfield. He's not gonna take handoffs and run between the tackles and he's not going to pick up the blitzing LB's. He's definitely more of a WR type then he is the RB type. I think this team, because we run more then we pass, needs to look at players more in the mold of the Sproles type. This player usually lines up in the backfield, can take handoffs and run between the tackles or run outside the tackles, can pick up blitz decently, and can also catch some nice dump offs, some screens and some routes. I just think for what the Broncos do best now, which is run, this type of player makes more sense then the type of player Harvin is which again, is more of the WR type. Both are great in special teams so that's all square right there.

Play2win
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I've watched James and he seems to be knicked up too much to invest anything more than a 4rd or 5th. Great speed but he's able to be penned in and I doubt he'll hold up to the NFL defenses well. I think he will get hurt early.

This is true, he always seemed to have an issue with one of his elbows.

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Harvin is a good all around talent but he's not really gonna help you out a ton while lined up in the backfield. He's not gonna take handoffs and run between the tackles and he's not going to pick up the blitzing LB's. He's definitely more of a WR type then he is the RB type. I think this team, because we run more then we pass, needs to look at players more in the mold of the Sproles type. This player usually lines up in the backfield, can take handoffs and run between the tackles or run outside the tackles, can pick up blitz decently, and can also catch some nice dump offs, some screens and some routes. I just think for what the Broncos do best now, which is run, this type of player makes more sense then the type of player Harvin is which again, is more of the WR type. Both are great in special teams so that's all square right there.

We do need some WR who can motion into the backfield, take the pitches outside in the triple option. Once Royal had to take the punt return duties and got banged up we didn't see that much anymore.

But....No reason a RB in that Sproles skill set type would not also do the trick. What we should add are some role players with really good hands, and good edge speed. We are a little slow to the edges and it doesn't put as much pressure on the Dends and OLB as we could be.

I bet if we had a burner in the backfield Tebow and McGahee would find more running room inside.

In reality our offense lacks a true playmaker. DT may have arrived and that would be one but look at teams like NO/GB, with 2-3 even 4 good skill players at WR and RB. Broncos will be adding weapons, young players like DT will be improving, then we really could put teams at the disadvantage with our offensive style. Right now they like to crowd the LOS. Get a super fast WR to pair with DT, get some talent at TE, and watch the offense kill people.

Desean Jackson a bastard but some player like him would get 1-1 deep every play of the game. Either that or we would be facing 7 in the box and that may not be enough to stop our running attack.

cutthemdown
01-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Here's the issue: "He's a gamer, he's a baller, he's a PLAY...MAKER." Percy Harvin is money. He's the real deal.

So, you can roll the dice on a Rook and hope for the best, or you trade away some gold for platinum.

The thing is: I think we have greater needs on the team. Defense should be the priority in the draft, not another receiver. But I'd give up a couple of 2nd rounders for Harvin.

I think that Harvin someone the ownership and coaching in Minny really likes. I havent heard anything about him being on the block. I always hear how can we get Harvin more involved, or this offense needs to get Harvin more involved etc etc.

So really this is all moot.

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Denver needs gamebreaking ability in space very badly esp in this style of offense.

montrose
01-11-2012, 10:50 PM

I've been clamouring for a gadget player for weeks and weeks, the guy I want - Josh Cribbs. He could do so much in this offense it would be riduculous.

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I've been clamouring for a gadget player for weeks and weeks, the guy I want - Josh Cribbs. He could do so much in this offense it would be riduculous.

Imo Denver needs two :)

s0phr0syne
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM

+1

Oooooh! Is he an FA this year?

BabyTO
01-12-2012, 12:03 AM
they dont even have a QB, they dont have a passing attack, they dont have any receivers. and he still managed to get close to a 100 catches with 1000 yards. as well as 400 yards on the ground as a runner.

he would be crazy in our offense with tebow, we could use him everywhere. heck, we might even throw the wildcat formation in there

BabyTO
01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
great, another WR that cant catch or run routes. he can take his gimmick ass to oakland and run his couple end arounds or flea flickers over there...

Agamemnon
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM

Glad you aren't our GM.

montrose
01-12-2012, 07:03 AM
+1

Oooooh! Is he an FA this year?

No I don't think so.

great, another WR that cant catch or run routes. he can take his gimmick ass to oakland and run his couple end arounds or flea flickers over there...

I don't have him as a WR in mind. I'm thinking reserves, end arounds, wildcat, etc.

Requiem
01-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Harvin is a good all around talent but he's not really gonna help you out a ton while lined up in the backfield. He's not gonna take handoffs and run between the tackles and he's not going to pick up the blitzing LB's. He's definitely more of a WR type then he is the RB type.

Must have not watched much of Percy this year.

BroncoBen
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM

That is actually a good idea, especially a 4th round pick. Can Robinson catch?

BabyTO
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't have him as a WR in mind. I'm thinking reserves, end arounds, wildcat, etc.
gotcha. in that case i wouldnt mind having him here. but harvin is on a different planet

Kaylore
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
gotcha. in that case i wouldnt mind having him here. but harvin is on a different planet

Not really. He's ok but people thinking he's THE answer are going way overboard.

NFLBRONCO
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Reality Alert: When has Denver or Fox ever drafted Harvin or James type players?

BabyTO
01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Not really. He's ok but people thinking he's THE answer are going way overboard.
he would be sick next to DT

OrangeSe7en
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM

In what way are people saying he's "the answer"?

Requiem
01-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Reality Alert: When has Denver or Fox ever drafted Harvin or James type players?

Armanti Edwards, Mike Goodson, Ryne Robinson. . .

Kaylore
01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
In what way are people saying he's "the answer"?

"Another planet"
"Two second round picks"
"Picks and Players" to get him
"First and conditional third round"
Sirh's favorite testicle

That kind of compensation certainly suggests at least "quite awesome."

OrangeSe7en
01-12-2012, 11:31 AM
"Another planet"
"Two second round picks"
Sirh's favorite testicle

None of that suggests that he's the answer. No one is saying he's the only thing Denver needs. People are saying that he would he extremely useful and it's pretty hard to debate this. You can move this guy around and get him the ball in a bunch of different ways. But saying all that in no way implies, that's all Denver needs.

BabyTO
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
"Another planet"
"Two second round picks"
Sirh's favorite testicle

another planet compared to cribbs dude :oyvey:

OBF1
01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
If only speed alone made good football players.

I take it you have not been watching this kid play the past few seasons.

24champ
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
another planet compared to cribbs dude :oyvey:

There are other players to be had in a similar mold as Harvin.

This thread had several posters chime in on who they would rather have by drafting or signing as a free agent. The key here is that Denver still has holes at several spots and are in no position to dump picks for one player.

When Denver is in position to be a super bowl contender for not just one year but a few years, then we can go ahead and trade away assets for a player that would fit on our team.

Agamemnon
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I take it you have not been watching this kid play the past few seasons.

I've seen him, and he looks exactly like what one-dimensional speedsters look like in college. He's been successful at times because of his speed alone, but in the NFL he'll need more than that and I don't see it. He's also kind of fragile.

I wouldn't be mad if we took him with a late pick, but really I just don't see much to him other than speed. To his credit, he's obscenely fast, so maybe it translates to the NFL. But even then he's just not durable.

Agamemnon
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Seriously, spending a 3rd rounder on T.Y. Hilton makes so much more sense than trading away a higher pick for a guy who will be a free agent in a season or two.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYmbKz55ZEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gyldenlove
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM

We need a guy who can take a lot of screens, stay routes, triple options and can motion into or out of the backfield and take a handoff or direct snap. That is the value of Harvin, he is not a WR he is a WR-RB flex, Cribbs could do the same getting the ball handed to him from the gun.

With Thomas we do have a deep threat, he has good long speed, he is huge and he can jump, Decker is better in the intermediate areas and if we have someone who is a threat on those stay routes, flares, smoke screens etc that would be really good, especially since Tebow has a lot of experience working with Harvin in that role.

BroncoBeavis
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Seriously, spending a 3rd rounder on T.Y. Hilton makes so much more sense than trading away a higher pick for a guy who will be a free agent in a season or two.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYmbKz55ZEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To me it would depend on how Percy felt about being reunited with Tebow. If it was something he wanted to try, there'd be more to it than just what's left on his contract. Could be instant chemistry.

But if he seems more concerned with shopping for the biggest payday come contract time vs being part of the Tim Tebow experiment, then I think you're probably right.

Agamemnon
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
To me it would depend on how Percy felt about being reunited with Tebow. If it was something he wanted to try, there'd be more to it than just what's left on his contract. Could be instant chemistry.

But if he seems more concerned with shopping for the biggest payday come contract time vs being part of the Tim Tebow experiment, then I think you're probably right.

Even if that's the case, the draft pick it would take to get him needs to be spent on more glaring needs.

s0phr0syne
01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Armanti Edwards, Mike Goodson, Ryne Robinson. . .

Nice. Actually, Mike Goodson isn't seeing the field much in Carolina, wonder if Fox can snag him for us on the cheap?

Agamemnon
01-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Nice. Actually, Mike Goodson isn't seeing the field much in Carolina, wonder if Fox can snag him for us on the cheap?

Not a bad idea at all.

DBroncos4life
06-20-2012, 06:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8076348/minnesota-vikings-gm-no-interest-trading-percy-harvin-wr-leaves-minicamp-early

He would fit in great here with Tebow.....Oh wait. :giggle:

Hamrob
06-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah...we let Royal walk....so, we can trade a #1 for Harvin....and sign him to a multi-million dollar deal.

Hahahaha...

DBroncos4life
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah...we let Royal walk....so, we can trade a #1 for Harvin....and sign him to a multi-million dollar deal.

Hahahaha...

That would be a HUGE upgrade.

Hamrob
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
That would be a HUGE upgrade.I'll remember you said that. Come back after this coming season and tell me the same thing.

DBroncos4life
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll remember you said that. Come back after this coming season and tell me the same thing.

Yeah I'm not worried at all about this being bumped :rofl: Harvin will have more then 1000 all purpose yards then Royal and that is a low bet.

UberBroncoMan
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah I'm not worried at all about this being bumped :rofl: Harvin will have more then 1000 all purpose yards then Royal and that is a low bet.

I doubt that. I think Royal is going to flourish in SD.

Hope not, but that's what I think.

cutthemdown
06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Royal will play somewhat better because the QB is better then he had in Denver. Problem is that Royal not really good in the slot. People think he should be, he looks the part. He really is better outside though like he was first yr in Denver. Most likely Chargers put Floyd and Mechum outside.

So I will say IMO whoever wins starting slot job in Denver will outplay Royal.

DBroncos4life
06-20-2012, 08:12 PM

Right :rofl: Even if Royal has a year like he did as a rookie, Harvin will crush him in rushing yards and return yards.

Heyneck
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
get it done! not for a 1st... but I could live with giving away a 2nd and something else on the side!!!!

BroncoMan4ever
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM

i agree. i'd wager he ends up with around 1500+ all purpose yards and at least 7 TDs.

fontaine
06-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Royal isn't going to flourish in SD. He doesn't have the kind of suddeness, acceleration and breakaway speed for a "utility" WR like Harvin, and as a pure WR he has poor instincts/ability to fight for the ball in traffic.

When was the last time you saw Royal adjust his route, time his jump perfectly and win the ball from a DB? It doesn't happen much and DBs play him like that. He also gets injured too often.

About the only time he gets it done is if he's completely wide open or the QB throws him open.

BroncoBen
06-21-2012, 09:58 AM
get it done! not for a 1st... but I could live with giving away a 2nd and something else on the side!!!!

Maybe a 4th or 5th round pick.. but I think the Broncos are pretty set at WR. Now kick returner and punt returner is where Percy Harvin could make some noise for the Broncos.

Beantown Bronco
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I think Royal will play somewhat better because the QB is better then he had in Denver.

To be fair, Lloyd and Gaffney had career years with Orton. Royal was MIA.

Beantown Bronco
06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Maybe a 4th or 5th round pick.. but I think the Broncos are pretty set at WR. Now kick returner and punt returner is where Percy Harvin could make some noise for the Broncos.

Huh? Harvin doesn't return punts.

And kick returns? Between the thin air and the moving of the kickoff to the 35, we only have the opportunity to return about 1 kick per game on average. I wouldn't waste any resources on that position at all. It's useless.

Powderaddict
06-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I'd give a first for Harvin, easily. A high (potentially 30's) first round pick for a young, versitile, dynamic playmaker? You bet! He'd be a huge weapon for this offense, and be another nightmare for defenses to account for.

I doubt it happens, but I'd be thrilled if it did.

NFLBRONCO
06-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd give a first for Harvin, easily. A high (potentially 30's) first round pick for a young, versitile, dynamic playmaker? You bet! He'd be a huge weapon for this offense, and be another nightmare for defenses to account for.

I doubt it happens, but I'd be thrilled if it did.

A team like ours with a zillion needs heck no. Besides he has migraine and attitude issues.

NFLBRONCO
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM

I agree and I think fans forget or maybe didn't notice. Royal checked out of Denver two years ago. So most of his poor abilities and poor play might have been attitude and not skill side of things. I'll remind fans here what a slug he is when he scores a ST or long pass play for a TD against us. You can bet he'll want to beat us more then anybody. I think he will flourish more in SD's type of O vs our offenses last few years.

bronco militia
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
I agree and I think fans forget or maybe didn't notice. Royal checked out of Denver two years ago. So most of his poor abilities and poor play might have been attitude and not skill side of things. I'll remind fans here what a slug he is when he scores a ST or long pass play for a TD against us. You can bet he'll want to beat us more then anybody. I think he will flourish more in SD's type of O vs our offenses last few years.

I think he'll start fast this season and then be slowed by injuries.....

Beantown Bronco
06-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Try 3 and a half.

People talk about what a great rookie season the guy had, but in reality, it was a great first half of his rookie season. Since week 10 of 2008, the guy has done next to nothing here....and what little he has done he's done on special teams, not offense.

He was a surprise as a rookie. But once DBs got film on him, he got shut down. And he never adjusted to it. Period.

I'm not worried about him burning us. Everyone else has the book on him and we freaking wrote it.

Houshyamama
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Let. it. Go.

http://sci-fi-guys.com/wp-content/uploads/crusade_148-450.jpg