PDA

View Full Version : -3.5

fwf
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
No longer UNDERDOGS, but do we cover?

Im sure some of you have made some cash these last few weeks betting on the Broncs. Was wondering what everyone thought about the CHI game this week?

Von's coming back i assume and i expect the Defense to play better, but what scares me is the coaching staff getting away from the option and QB draws @MINNY and the Bears preparing for that this week. They need to mix and match imo. Hopefully they learned their lesson in Detroit and they arent trying again to turn Tebow into a pure pocket passer again.

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
The only way the Broncos lose this game is if we punt 8 or more times from deep in our own zone.

Kid A
12-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Colquitt's having a pro bowl year, but still...be careful out there, son.

#TheSauerbrunHesterGame #NeverForget

Tombstone RJ
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
There's no way the Broncos cover, hell there's no way the Broncos even score in this game. Chicago will effectively destroy all things Broncos and burn Denver to the ground.

Spider
12-05-2011, 08:57 AM
The only way the Broncos lose this game is if we punt 8 or more times from deep in our own zone.

well we went from an option offense in the first half to a 2 back offense in the second half and Tebow did well , I am not sure what the op is yapping about , Since Morton denver has only had 2 drop back passers as starters Griese and Orton ,So why would denvers front office would want to convert Tebow to a Pocket passer is a mystery , but no game is a lock , sure wish Cutler was playing though .Tebow vs cutler would have been a great headline

Spider
12-05-2011, 08:58 AM
There's no way the Broncos cover, hell there's no way the Broncos even score in this game. Chicago will effectively destroy all things Broncos and burn Denver to the ground.

;) keep it going ........ :thumbs:

fwf
12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
well we went from an option offense in the first half to a 2 back offense in the second half and Tebow did well , I am not sure what the op is yapping about

They didnt run the read option more then a few times yesterday homie. I want to see more creativity and variety from the offense.. is my point.

bronco militia
12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
the broncos were favored in the bunghole game...they won, but didn't cover

LRtagger
12-05-2011, 11:00 AM
A Broncos game with playoff implications and Jay Cutler on the sideline...not a chance in hell the Broncos win

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Thank you for saving the mojo in this thread

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
They didnt run the read option more then a few times yesterday homie. I want to see more creativity and variety from the offense.. is my point.

Because it was shut down. Creativity came in going to a traditional two back set and confusing the hell out of Minny and throwing. Go look for the quote from Jared Allen saying he would have bet his paycheck Tebow would not beat them by throwing. It was pretty telling how the switch at half time totally surprised them.

It's not lack of creativity, it's adjusting to teams playing you differently, homie

Spider
12-05-2011, 11:15 AM

i was addressing the pocket QB part .......... I havent seen anything yet , that would suggest the Broncos are trying to change tebow into a pocket Passer ....

Spider
12-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Because it was shut down. Creativity came in going to a traditional two back set and confusing the hell out of Minny and throwing. Go look for the quote from Jared Allen saying he would have bet his paycheck Tebow would not beat them by throwing. It was pretty telling how the switch at half time totally surprised them.

It's not lack of creativity, it's adjusting to teams playing you differently, homie

true dat , shocked the hell out of me seeing us put up 35 ........

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
This will be Hanie's breakout game. He'll throw for six TDs and run for six more. By the end of the game, the Denver fans will be so amazed by his performance that they'll be chanting, "Hanie! Hanie! Hanie!" and he'll come out to the center of the field and take a bow.

bendog
12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
We lose so badly Lambchop knows his time in chi is up and asks to be traded to the Rams.

DenverBroncosJM
12-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Im flying in for this game and I am already mad at the amount of money this is costing me just to see Chicago destroy us.

I heard we might not even return punts and kicks because there is no point we are going to lose anyway.

fwf
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Yeah they really confused the hell out of Minny in the first half didnt they? They stayed in the same formations practically the entire game. Why not switch it up? And for the 2nd half did you notice how wide open our guys were on the deep plays? That was the worst secondary in the league that we faced. No question. They were atrocious.

Timmy threw some good balls ill admit, but next week and especially in two weeks if they make him sit in the pocket 25 times a game and try to fit the football in tight spaces down field we're doomed . Thats not his strength! They have to mix in the option and the QB draws and let Tim make plays with his feet. He's a big dude.. he can take it. And give him about 20 pass attempts too, using multiple formations. That should be the plan. And some first down passes would work too.

BroncoMan4ever
12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
No longer UNDERDOGS, but do we cover?

Im sure some of you have made some cash these last few weeks betting on the Broncs. Was wondering what everyone thought about the CHI game this week?

Von's coming back i assume and i expect the Defense to play better, but what scares me is the coaching staff getting away from the option and QB draws @MINNY and the Bears preparing for that this week. They need to mix and match imo. Hopefully they learned their lesson in Detroit and they arent trying again to turn Tebow into a pure pocket passer again.

Tebow needs to learn to be a pocket passer, but still have the Option and Draw plays called occasionally to keep defenses at bay and assist the running game.

look at yesterday though, he ran a more traditional offense and had arguably the best game of his young career. he is improving and that is a good thing. the tebow we saw yesterday is not the same Tebow we saw playing against Detroit. he is more capable of taking on an expanded role throwing the ball.

HILife
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Please make us an underdog again. Why mess up a good thing?

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
A Broncos game with playoff implications and Jay Cutler on the sideline...not a chance in hell the Broncos win

add Forte to that mix and Henne cant score a TD. Yeah, not only do we win this game but we better cover. Bears have a defense but we rarely turn the ball over now. I think we will (once again) try to establish a running game to eat up the clock. Safe passes will be thrown in there too (and maybe keep the 1st down passes in this week's game plan).

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah they really confused the hell out of Minny in the first half didnt they? They stayed in the same formations practically the entire game. Why not switch it up? And for the 2nd half did you notice how wide open our guys were on the deep plays? That was the worst secondary in the league that we faced. No question. They were atrocious.

Timmy threw some good balls ill admit, but next week and especially in two weeks if they make him sit in the pocket 25 times a game and try to fit the football in tight spaces down field we're doomed . Thats not his strength! They have to mix in the option and the QB draws and let Tim make plays with his feet. He's a big dude.. he can take it. And give him about 20 pass attempts too, using multiple formations. That should be the plan. And some first down passes would work too.

It looked like crap because they sold out on the run witch is what the read option and most of the spread is. We aren't privy to what checks Tebow made but I can guarantee you that the option and spread were heavily implemented.

I was damn genius to switch to a traditional set because it was noing they had planned for. This is a positive because it means they aren't limited to just the spread and read option. Granted it was Minny who has CBs worse than Goodman but Tebow still made the throws and reads. Very happy about that last part.

bendog
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
It looked like crap because they sold out on the run witch is what the read option and most of the spread is. We aren't privy to what checks Tebow made but I can guarantee you that the option and spread were heavily implemented.

I was damn genius to switch to a traditional set because it was noing they had planned for. This is a positive because it means they aren't limited to just the spread and read option. Granted it was Minny who has CBs worse than Goodman but Tebow still made the throws and reads. Very happy about that last part.

the guy whom you're posting too might want to check out the fox post-game interview on denverbroncos.com, though Fox did say he hoped they'd make faster adjustments in the future, but since no team runs the den offense, each week is literally seeing a defense that they have no film on.

fwf
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
But they didnt even attempt to run the option ,or the draw all game. Not even in the first half when they had less then 50 total yds.
I bet the Bears coaches are discussing that very point right now. Do we prepare for the offense we saw yesterday or do we prepare for the offense we saw against the Chargers?
What im saying is that imo it would be a huge mistake for our coaches to think Tebow is going to have as much success against other teams throwing as he did yesterday against a bad D. I think the Bears will prepare for the Minnesota version of Tebow. Which is exactly why the Broncos coaches need to be flexible. Tebow might be making strides as a passer, but I just hope Fox and co. dont forget how talented a runner he is and exactly what make Tebow, Tebow.

DarkHorse30
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd like to see Tebow QB sneak it EVERY time on third and one. If Tom Brady can do it without getting hurt ANYBODY can.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
FWF,^
And why we go back to the Chargers game most likely or a mix of the last two games. Bears have no clue what will happen and that advantage is good for us. We do know that the Bears will be struggling on offense and we can gameplan for that. We win on the road now let us win some for those that support the home team.

BroncoBen
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
FWF,^
And why we go back to the Chargers game most likely or a mix of the last two games. Bears have no clue what will happen and that advantage is good for us. We do know that the Bears will be struggling on offense and we can gameplan for that. We win on the road now let us win some for those that support the home team.

That is going to be the question, win at home. You would think Denver would have the advantage.. but you never know.

bendog
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
We lose so bad that after Hester goes out with the burns on his feet after his cleats go too hot from him running so much, Gale Sayers limped out saying "God, I want a piece of this."

BMF Bronco
12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
The very fact that Cutler will be on the field crushes any thought of us winning this game. The score will be so bad that in the fourth quarter Cutler will go out there in his hoody in the 4th quarter and still throw for 400 yards with 3 td's.

LRtagger
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
add Forte to that mix and Henne cant score a TD. Yeah, not only do we win this game but we better cover. Bears have a defense but we rarely turn the ball over now. I think we will (once again) try to establish a running game to eat up the clock. Safe passes will be thrown in there too (and maybe keep the 1st down passes in this week's game plan).

Sorry I guess I wasnt as clear as I should have been. I meant if Jay Cutler is present in any capacity at a Broncos game with playoff implications, we will lose (if history is any indicator)

fwf
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
After getting to -4 on Friday the spread dropped back down to -3 for the kickoff. I still cant take the Broncos but im tempted. The game im looking at right now is the Detroit-Minny game. Minny is getting 11.5! Most people thought Ponder was going to be out but it looks like hell play. lions are missing quite a few players on D

That One Guy
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I took Denver this week and think they cover but it's definitely not a guarantee. I've made quite a bit riding Denver for the last few weeks so I'll take the risk. I think the team has a better chance playing uber conservative and being content with a 3-0 game than they do trying to blow out the Bears so I wouldn't expect the margin to be large. I'd have been MUCH more comfortable with a -3 but I took it early in the week.

I really avoid double digit spreads. I like the NO spread much more. I took Denver and NO as my bigger plays with SF and NE/Wash O 47 1/2 as a small parlay. This was before I heard the field was destroyed in Washington so that's probably a lost cause at this point.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
3.5 to a team on a 5 game winning streak verses an opponent that has lost their starting RB and QB; and lost every game since?

Keep an eye on the ref's...:stirstir:

That One Guy
12-11-2011, 11:02 AM
3.5 to a team on a 5 game winning streak verses an opponent that has lost their starting RB and QB; and lost every game since?

Keep an eye on the ref's...:stirstir:

But a team that could easily put up points with their D or ST if we even consider making a mistake. There's not a more dangerous team out there in those departments.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Dangerous? WOW

Broncos are DANGEROUS~!!

Last week it was the Viking best front 7 in the league, we go from Revis Island at mile high, to making history taking an Arrowhead and jamming it into the black hole.

How much more dangerous are the current Bears than:

Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Chargers
Vikings

That One Guy
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Dangerous? WOW

Broncos are DANGEROUS~!!

Last week it was the Viking best front 7 in the league, we go from Revis Island at mile high, to making history taking an Arrowhead and jamming it into the black hole.

Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Chargers
Vikings

Well, since I was clearly referring to scoring as a D and ST, no team is better. CHI D has 4 TDs and their ST has 3 this year. Best in the league. Follow the discussion, retard.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Well, since I was clearly referring to scoring as a D and ST, no team is better. CHI D has 4 TDs and their ST has 3 this year. Best in the league. Follow the discussion, retard.

Answer the question?

Raiders,
Chiefs,
Jets,
Chargers,
Vikings,

or even the Broncos for that matter?

This is a team sport, follow the discussion.

Who is more dangerous?

Broncos or Bears defense?

These are the questions I want to see answered today, hell you might at well bring ST's into it too. Oh it is ON~!!

That One Guy
12-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Answer the question?

Raiders,
Chiefs,
Jets,
Chargers,
Vikings,

or even the Broncos for that matter?

This is a team sport, follow the discussion.

Who is more dangerous?

Broncos or Bears defense?

These are the questions I want to see answered today, hell you might at well bring ST's into it too. Oh it is ON~!!

LOL

I hate you. I'm going back to the gameday thread and forgetting I checked in here.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
One thing is a fact Patriots defense is not that dangerous.

That One Guy
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
So, Broncbow, still think Chicago is just another run of the mill D squad?