PDA

View Full Version : Tebow full press conference

strafen
12-05-2011, 07:01 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-at-Vikings-Tebow/5ae43543-0d6c-4872-9a2d-62ea73733103

barryr
12-05-2011, 07:15 AM
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.

GreatBronco16
12-05-2011, 07:27 AM
It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.

barryr
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
It's funny, but as we keep winning and Tebow keeps improving, we keep seeing less and less of certain people around here. Not naming any names, but you know who they are. It's quite funny actually.

Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep, great observation and you are right. The Broncos do not figure to win out, so we'll see those people and how many posts they make after a loss. It is too bad how the hate of one player, for idiotic reasons, can make them not enjoy what is happening with this team.

What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.

TheReverend
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
What's weird is that, for me, fandom always meant I felt like I was pulling for guys just b/c they were Broncos. I pulled for Jay Cutler, even though deep down I knew he was kind of a Delta Bravo at heart, and even though I wasn't a fan of removing Jake so early for him. At no point did I want him to look bad just to confirm why I had reservations. Once he was the guy, I bought the jersey and hoped for the best.

What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
What's weird is that, for me, this is EXACTLY the kind of guy you WANT to be rooting for.

I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!

Rabb
12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
How dare he give thanks to his Lord and Savior and then thank his teammates for their hard work during the game! Doesn't he know this is the Me First League?

Call me Old School, but I am outraged!

Did you guys catch Fox thanking God as well in an interview after?

TonyR
12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him.

I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
The funny thing is, if certain people would STFU and stop hysterically running around crying out "Haters, haters!" They might actually look around in the silence that follows and discover that there aren't any. The more you worry about the bogey-man under your bed, the bigger he becomes.

barryr
12-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I do the same thing: give the whole team credit for the wins. And yet for that I get labeled a hater. So it's kind of interesting that Tebow agrees with me and not with you. Chew on that.

Who is labeling you personally a hater? If you do not think of yourself as one, then maybe try enjoying the wins instead of this "told you" type of responses since that is a pretty weak one anyway.

TheReverend
12-05-2011, 09:43 AM

The Little Known Tebow Effect?

TonyR
12-05-2011, 09:46 AM
...try enjoying the wins...

I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!

barryr
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm enjoying them immensely, thank you very much!

Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine. It is as old as those claiming credit just for Tebow, which isn't that many in the first place and seems to be just to get people riled up and works every time.

McDman
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
You never see or hear Tebow taking all the credit and acting liker he is bigger than the team. His haters do that for him. Whether you believe he will be a great QB or not is a different issue, but any Bronco fan who can not bring himself/herself to root for this guy at least is simply brain dead and not much of a fan IMO.

How many players actually take all of the credit? No one is that stupid.

Miss I.
12-05-2011, 10:00 AM

no, but some players are more than willing to throw other members under the bus for a loss. That occurs more often then the taking of all the credit.

McDman
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I think that's why it's so hard for us. We can't figure out why anyone would want to root against this kid.

But the more I hear, the more I know there's a large profile of people out there who hate what Tebow represents OFF the field. And that hate trumps even their love for the Denver Broncos when it comes down to it.

Literally no one on this board roots against him. 99% of the "haters" were people skeptical of his play. It got blown out of proportion when the Teboners freaked out someone was actually critical of his play at times.

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 10:02 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3BkIh1R5utY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Tebow even says things like this about his teammates: "they make me look better than I am." Not many do such a thing and that is why a player like that gets full support from his teammates.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Then stop the "feel sorry for me" routine.

LOL Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
LOL Who started the whining and finger pointing in this thread? Take a look at the first post in this thread after the OP. Hmmm.

So I mentioned you in that post? Doesn't look like it. Only someone who is included in that would be offended, so why are you so defensive? Hmm.

Quoydogs
12-05-2011, 10:06 AM

If I were fox I would be too, hell I don't even believe in Jesus but for 60 minutes on Sunday I do !

bendog
12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm not a peter king fan, but I found this blurb while trying to figure out wft the gator fan who posted that Elway had to commit to tebow (in what marriage, lol) was going off on

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/05/Week13/?xid=cnnbin

Mouth
12-05-2011, 10:45 AM

Saying the team wins in spite of tebow is not agreeing with tebow, AND makes you hater. I've not been on here long enough to know whether or not this is you, but I know there are a LOT of people out there (in the short amount of time I've been on this board, and the long time watching the media) that are unwilling to give Tebow ANY credit for what we've done this season.

MacGruder
12-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Literally no one on this board roots against him. 99% of the "haters" were people skeptical of his play. It got blown out of proportion when the Teboners freaked out someone was actually critical of his play at times.

Yes.. because the world was lacking criticism of Tebow.. the rookie QB... who dominated college football in the toughest conference in history like no one before him.. PASSING AND running the ball.

bowtown
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes.. because the world was lacking criticism of Tebow.. the rookie QB... who dominated college football in the toughest conference in history like no one before him.. PASSING AND running the ball.

Projecting.

Slightly Soiled
12-05-2011, 11:14 AM
I have been abroncos fan since the late 70's. I for one am PROUD to call Tim Tebow QB of the Broncos win or loose. If you read the Peter King story the quote at the end about a sick little boy.

I had a young cousin die of brain cancer 15 yrs ago and Kirby Pucket did something similar for her when she was close to the end.

Its guys like these(and there are many others on this team right now)that make life liveable for some of these kids.

Plus saying his recievers make him look better. C'mon when is the last time you heard any sports star not only give teamates credit but say that they make him look better than he really is.

bendog
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Saying the team wins in spite of tebow is not agreeing with tebow, AND makes you hater. I've not been on here long enough to know whether or not this is you, but I know there are a LOT of people out there (in the short amount of time I've been on this board, and the long time watching the media) that are unwilling to give Tebow ANY credit for what we've done this season.

I'm not sure anyone here posted that the team wins inspite of Tebow. There have been games that Den won inspite of Tebow not being able to back defenses off the LOS with any pass threat, and the defense actually scoring or getting a turnover. Speaking that truth upsets the Tebowites. But Tebow also counters the lack of passing with his running. And assuming the defense has kept Den close enough, and assuming Tebow and the offense managed enough pts to get it into the 4th, there's no doubt Tebow's competiveness kicks into a gear that not many players have.

Then there's the religion aspect. While I'm never really comfortable with hearing about another person's relationship with his God, I'm cool with Tebow because he's not really converting, and when he ends interviews when he's asked stuff like "what's best about this win" with stuff about visiting some sick kid that's a pretty good perspective. Although the reality is that other guys like Dawkins, Woodard and Mecklenburg do things a little more quietly. Bowlen may be senile, but he's right that unless the broncos have solid citizens, it's just harder to keep a lockerroom in order and keep the city happy.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Yeah, then they will take the QB with the best passer rating in SEC History and call him a fullback.

Then wonder why people think there's some kind of hidden axe to grind.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
It was great to see BDawk firing up the D on the sidelines just minutes after they gave up another big TD in the 4th. During maybe the darkest point in the game.

How many guys would just go sit and sulk. It's almost like he knew their shot at redemption was still out there. No substitute for that kind of belief.

Mouth
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure anyone here posted that the team wins inspite of Tebow. There have been games that Den won inspite of Tebow not being able to back defenses off the LOS with any pass threat, and the defense actually scoring or getting a turnover. Speaking that truth upsets the Tebowites. But Tebow also counters the lack of passing with his running. And assuming the defense has kept Den close enough, and assuming Tebow and the offense managed enough pts to get it into the 4th, there's no doubt Tebow's competiveness kicks into a gear that not many players have.

Then there's the religion aspect. While I'm never really comfortable with hearing about another person's relationship with his God, I'm cool with Tebow because he's not really converting, and when he ends interviews when he's asked stuff like "what's best about this win" with stuff about visiting some sick kid that's a pretty good perspective. Although the reality is that other guys like Dawkins, Woodard and Mecklenburg do things a little more quietly. Bowlen may be senile, but he's right that unless the broncos have solid citizens, it's just harder to keep a lockerroom in order and keep the city happy.

Ok, I really think that the jury on whether or not TT can pass is at least still out. while 10/15 doesn't sound impressive, I'm going to list some things that do:
66% completion percentage
202 yards(20.2 yds/comp or 13.4 yds/att.)
2 TD's
149.3 passer rating

Yes, the defense has been playing out of their minds since he became the starter. I give all the credit in the world to the defense, BUT they played just OK yesterday. They played just about as well as the Green Bay defense (which I really think gets a LOT less credit than it deserves) and we won.

I also have to disagree that he can't back the Defense off of the LoS. Did you happen to notice what defense Minnesota was running in the 2nd half, after we started actually throwing the ball? It's not TT's ability that doesn't back the D off, it's the play calling. Please don't take that as me calling the coaching staff terrible, I would just like to see us "adjust" (like Fox said post game) earlier. Somebody said in another thread that Tebow is teaching his coaching staff how to run the option. That is a very accurate statement. He has more experience in that offense than anyone else on the team. Fox is adapting his game plan each game, and this is an experiment to see what works best. No 2 games this season has been the same, and that shows me an offense that is really trying to fine tune what it does.

The last thing I want to say is that Tebow won that game with his arm. The D gave up 400+ yards to a vikings offense with ponder at QB and no Adrian Peterson. I'm not saying that he is the best QB in the league, or a hall of famer, but I am not sure what people want from a 2nd year starter with no off season.

Mouth

bendog
12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Ok, I really think that the jury on whether or not TT can pass is at least still out. while 10/15 doesn't sound impressive, I'm going to list some things that do:
66% completion percentage
202 yards(20.2 yds/comp or 13.4 yds/att.)
2 TD's
149.3 passer rating

Yes, the defense has been playing out of their minds since he became the starter. I give all the credit in the world to the defense, BUT they played just OK yesterday. They played just about as well as the Green Bay defense (which I really think gets a LOT less credit than it deserves) and we won.

I also have to disagree that he can't back the Defense off of the LoS. Did you happen to notice what defense Minnesota was running in the 2nd half, after we started actually throwing the ball? It's not TT's ability that doesn't back the D off, it's the play calling. Please don't take that as me calling the coaching staff terrible, I would just like to see us "adjust" (like Fox said post game) earlier. Somebody said in another thread that Tebow is teaching his coaching staff how to run the option. That is a very accurate statement. He has more experience in that offense than anyone else on the team. Fox is adapting his game plan each game, and this is an experiment to see what works best. No 2 games this season has been the same, and that shows me an offense that is really trying to fine tune what it does.

The last thing I want to say is that Tebow won that game with his arm. The D gave up 400+ yards to a vikings offense with ponder at QB and no Adrian Peterson. I'm not saying that he is the best QB in the league, or a hall of famer, but I am not sure what people want from a 2nd year starter with no off season.

Mouth

I could argue minor disagreements with you, but we largely agree. My post was really just "I don't know anyone who is really saying Den wins inspite of Tebow." Rather, this board is comprised with a lot of Tebowites who simply refuse to acknowlege his weaknesses. We've had to endure mult threads on the following topics: Elway is "jealous" of Tim, Fox is too rigid to adjust to Tim, Elway is incompetent to judge any talent including the qb position, there is a conspiracy against "white christians" succeeding, people hate tebow because of his religion .....

There is sort of a grudging acceptance of Tebow because of this. And what has made some old timers even grumpier is having to put up with two years of "Josh is building a great team after being left with no talent."

Tebow's a fun ride to watch. I think he'll eventually be a qb who can win a title.

Mouth
12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I could argue minor disagreements with you, but we largely agree. My post was really just "I don't know anyone who is really saying Den wins inspite of Tebow." Rather, this board is comprised with a lot of Tebowites who simply refuse to acknowlege his weaknesses. We've had to endure mult threads on the following topics: Elway is "jealous" of Tim, Fox is too rigid to adjust to Tim, Elway is incompetent to judge any talent including the qb position, there is a conspiracy against "white christians" succeeding, people hate tebow because of his religion .....

There is sort of a grudging acceptance of Tebow because of this. And what has made some old timers even grumpier is having to put up with two years of "Josh is building a great team after being left with no talent."

Tebow's a fun ride to watch. I think he'll eventually be a qb who can win a title.

I think we have struck an accord. It is unfortunate that the loudest people are the people who are on the outside edges of either side.

Wait a minute, was that just a debate had on the internet that both people have accepted the others as a viable opinion and neither person was called names, and there were no curse words? I think if anything, TT would be proud of that.

Mouth