PDA

View Full Version : Tebow against nickel packages today

Gort
12-04-2011, 08:08 PM
another interesting fact from today...

Tebow completed three of his four pass attempts of more than 20 yards, netting 103 yards and a touchdown on those throws.
It was Tebow’s first game with multiple completions of that pass length and was far better than his season-long performance in this area, as noted in the chart on the right.

He was even good when the Vikings looked for him to throw, going 7-for-10 for 102 yards when the Vikings played with five defensive backs.http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/33547/tebow-newton-lead-way-on-good-qb-day

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Getting better at read Ds on the fly i assume.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
TGN?

(It's the new "Maven?")

Blart
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Last week there's no way I'd believe that Tebow could win a game running only four times. Five weeks ago, there's no way I'd believe that we'd be #1 in the AFC West.

I think it's time to stop assuming what the Broncos can't do.

strafen
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Last week there's no way I'd believe that Tebow could win a game running only four times. Five weeks ago, there's no way I'd believe that we'd be #1 in the AFC West.

I think it's time to stop assuming what the Broncos can't do.

Are you on board, then?

barryr
12-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Tebow is getting better on an offense that hasn't fully developed yet. I can't wait to see what this offense looks like after a training camp together.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
TGN?

(It's the new "Maven?")

damn dude, you are all over the place with your fanhood. judgin by your screen name you reside in california, you root for the U in college football while your NFL team of choice fields a QB from Florida.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 08:43 PM
damn dude, you are all over the place with your fanhood. judgin by your screen name you reside in california, you root for the U in college football while your NFL team of choice fields a QB from Florida.

Yes. I reside in Southern California, root for teams in Denver, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Miami. Oh and I pretty much hate all LA teams except for maybe the Clippers.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 08:43 PM
TGN?

(It's the new "Maven?")

Don't forget Blue. Lovely lady but another one who won't admit that they could be wrong.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Don't forget Blue. Lovely lady but another one who won't admit that they could be wrong.

Blue is a good lady and a very good fan. She is strongly rooting for our team and has given Tebow some props in the past. There may be things about him that turns her off, but I know she's very happy about where we are at.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Blue is a good lady and a very good fan. She is strongly rooting for our team and has given Tebow some props in the past. There may be things about him that turns her off, but I know she's very happy about where we are at.

this

StugotsIII
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Denver needs to spread out defenses far more than they are…

The reason why the spread works is because the defense has to honor the spread out skill position players in turn removing defenders from the box.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM

The "polite" ship has sailed around here, amigo. Actually, I think it has been sunk.

Those who enjoy scorched Earth should stick around, however. ;D

Soul-Bronco
12-04-2011, 09:20 PM

hey i am i a diehard broncos fan, they are number 1, but i live in miami and LOVE the canes.......i root for tebow because of my love for the broncos........dont be closed minded

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Denver needs to spread out defenses far more than they are…

The reason why the spread works is because the defense has to honor the spread out skill position players in turn removing defenders from the box.

I've been advocating the same thing...until I realized that that requires us fielding Jeremiah Johnson at WR. Unfortunately, EFX gutted our WR corps so much that the spread really isn't a viable option for us now. At least they've gotten over the notion that you can't run a shotgun-based offense in the NFL. I'll never understand where that silliness came from...

Blart
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Are you on board, then?

There was a little part of me that hoped Tebow would be gone next year, but that died off after the 3rd (or was it 4th?) comeback. I'm definitely on board with our QBOTF. :tebow:

StugotsIII
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I've been advocating the same thing...until I realized that that requires us fielding Jeremiah Johnson at WR. Unfortunately, EFX gutted our WR corps so much that the spread really isn't a viable option for us now. At least they've gotten over the notion that you can't run a shotgun-based offense in the NFL. I'll never understand where that silliness came from...

Decker and Thomas on the outside with Royal in the slot. Pick a TE and have Tebow in the gun with McGahee with Royal playing the Harvin role….at least for now.

I'd try VERY hard to get Harvin in Denver…though it's probably a pipe dream.

If not…I'd gun for the Oregon running back LaMichael James.

The Vikings were JAMMING defenders in the box to stop Denver's run game…need to spread that out.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Decker and Thomas on the outside with Royal in the slot. Pick a TE and have Tebow in the gun with McGahee with Royal playing the Harvin role….at least for now.

I'd try VERY hard to get Harvin in Denver…though it's probably a pipe dream.

If not…I'd gun for the Oregon running back LaMichael James.

The Vikings were JAMMING defenders in the box to stop Denver's run game…need to spread that out.

LaMichael James is probably the offensive player I want most in this upcoming draft. Tebow + James would be ****ing amazing. But then again I'm hoping we go with a hybrid spread option/power option scheme in the future with Tebow, and with Fox and McCoy that might just be a pipe dream.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
hey i am i a diehard broncos fan, they are number 1, but i live in miami and LOVE the canes.......i root for tebow because of my love for the broncos........dont be closed minded

i get that. i was poking light at the fact of the contradicting status on his post.i found it to be amusing and in a way humorous.

i am a Broncos fan, absolutely hate the Gators and any SEC team for that matter, but I root for Tebow because he is a Bronco, wearing the only appropriate orange and blue and kicking ass in it.

i would try to delve farther into my askew logic on teams i like, but sadly i am a born and raised Colorado guy and my teams of choice are all local. Broncos, Avs, Nuggets, Rockies, and the black and gold of the CU Buffs

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
i get that. i was poking light at the fact of the contradicting status on his post.i found it to be amusing and in a way humorous.

i am a Broncos fan, absolutely hate the Gators and any SEC team for that matter, but I root for Tebow because he is a Bronco, wearing the only appropriate orange and blue and kicking ass in it.

i would try to delve farther into my askew logic on teams i like, but sadly i am a born and raised Colorado guy and my teams of choice are all local. Broncos, Avs, Nuggets, Rockies, and the black and gold of the CU Buffs

I grew up a CU football fan back when they were an actual football team, but I just can't bring myself to watch that abomination any more...

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
LaMichael James is probably the offensive player I want most in this upcoming draft. Tebow + James would be ****ing amazing. But then again I'm hoping we go with a hybrid spread option/power option scheme in the future with Tebow, and with Fox and McCoy that might just be a pipe dream.

i am not sure about James and this staff. although i would never have expected this staff to start running a college offense either.

with Fox and his track record with the RB position he seems to favor power and size to speed. look at the backs he has had in Carolina, Williams, Stewart, Foster, Goings. all of them were bigger backs in the 220lbs and up range.

if we were to use James like a Percy Harvin and utilize his speed and abilities as a receiver/return man/occasional RB then the pick would make more sense, but if the team wanted to use him as just a RB, i say pass on him. he is too small.

i really want the team to bring in a 2nd RB to split reps with McGahee. McG is playing at an incredible level right now, but he is getting up there in age and won't likely be capable of handling upwards of 300+ carries a season any longer as a feature back.

some guys i think fit the Fox mold for RB
Chris Polk from Washington
Marc Tyler from USC
Trent Richardson - Alabama

i know Richardson is not on a lot of people's wish list for the 1st round, but with Fox and for a team that will run the ball 60% of the time it would not surprise me to see Fox take the best back in the draft.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I grew up a CU football fan back when they were an actual football team, but I just can't bring myself to watch that abomination any more...

yeah, my heart has been out of it with CU the last several years. i just continue to root for them because they have always been my team and i don't respect those "fans" who abandon their team when they suck.

the Hawkins era was a mess and i still can't believe it lasted as long as it did.

and on the plus side, at least the basketball team isn't a piece of ****.

enjolras
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
and on the plus side, at least the basketball team isn't a piece of ****.

Hell the Basketball team has the chance to actually be pretty good. A lot of nice young talent.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
i am not sure about James and this staff. although i would never have expected this staff to start running a college offense either.

with Fox and his track record with the RB position he seems to favor power and size to speed. look at the backs he has had in Carolina, Williams, Stewart, Foster, Goings. all of them were bigger backs in the 220lbs and up range.

if we were to use James like a Percy Harvin and utilize his speed and abilities as a receiver/return man/occasional RB then the pick would make more sense, but if the team wanted to use him as just a RB, i say pass on him. he is too small.

i really want the team to bring in a 2nd RB to split reps with McGahee. McG is playing at an incredible level right now, but he is getting up there in age and won't likely be capable of handling upwards of 300+ carries a season any longer as a feature back.

some guys i think fit the Fox mold for RB
Chris Polk from Washington
Marc Tyler from USC
Trent Richardson - Alabama

i know Richardson is not on a lot of people's wish list for the 1st round, but with Fox and for a team that will run the ball 60% of the time it would not surprise me to see Fox take the best back in the draft.

James isn't too small to play running back. He's too small to carry the load and pound it over and over again. But his playmaking ability is Barry Sanders-like and he's a good receiver. Taking a guy like that in the 3rd round with an option offense of any kind should be a no brainer. The read option with Tebow and James would be pure awesome, and he would make a nice safety valve in the passing game.

As far as backs that fit Fox's mold I agree with your list. The thing is that all those guys probably go before James. Where James is likely to go, he's going to probably be the best pure football player available. It likely won't even be close honestly. And I want this team going BPA as much as possible right now.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
yeah, my heart has been out of it with CU the last several years. i just continue to root for them because they have always been my team and i don't respect those "fans" who abandon their team when they suck.

I get what you are saying, but there's "suck" and then there's what they have been for years now. "Suck" doesn't even begin to cover it...

R8R H8R
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
There was a little part of me that hoped Tebow would be gone next year, but that died off after the 3rd (or was it 4th?) comeback. I'm definitely on board with our QBOTF. :tebow:

Thank you for being man enough to put aside your pride and bias, admit your were wrong, and seem to fully embrace what we are witnessing. That is more than I can say for a lot of others.

That not only goes just for people on this board, but those in the media as well.

fontaine
12-05-2011, 01:59 AM
The biggest throw Tebow made of his career so far came in the 2nd half on that pass DT dropped in the endzone.

Vikings showed blitz, Tebow adjusted his protection, the OL did a good job but there were still three defenders converging on Tebow and in 2 seconds Tebow rifled an intermediate pass to a spot where only his WR could make a play.

THAT defines nfl QB play. What a QB does under pressure with the pocket collapsing and defenders blitzing him while he quickly releases the ball under 2 seconds accurately to his target.

DT didn't make that catch but in the long run THIS IS EXACTLY what Tebow's critics said he could never do. Read a defense, anticipate the pressure, stand tall in the pocket and quickly release the ball under pressure accurately.

If Tebow can do that just a few games under his belt as a starter then I have little doubt he can develop into a good pocket passer.

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 04:53 AM
He was even good when the Vikings looked for him to throw, going 7-for-10 for 102 yards when the Vikings played with five defensive backs.

Well Tebow has been the starter for about 2 months now, and we are seeing what we would have been seeing in week-one had Tebow been afforded the opportunity to be the starter throughout TC and Preseason. If only EFX had not gutted the WR corp.

I found myself during the game rooting for the Vikings to score so Tebow could be set free in the passing game the second half.

As if it was not bad enough my hair is falling out because Fox and Elway refuse to allow Tebow to throw unless we are behind.

And being the predictable saboteurs that they are, they did not disapoint, Tebow was unleashed and the rest is history. Tebow actually managed to have a better completion percentage than he finished off with in college.

66.7% is better than 66.4%, Tebow rushed for a total of 13 yards, this is yet another game he won with his arm. Tebow has four times the passing TD's in the second half compared to the first, and three times the passig yards the fourth-quarter as he does the first. fourth quarter is the time we ought to be pounding the opponent to death with the rushing attack, rather then wait until then to put tebow in the worst position possible in attempting to pass the ball with one nickle package after another.

I am so sick of seeing Fox put Tebow in the situation of being exploited by the opponent, rather than allowing him to exploit them when their rushing personnel are out on the field.

10 passes out of 15 while the nickle package is out there? Yet Tebow still manages to jack the Vikings for a 66.7% completion percentage while dragging the ball and chain of this sabotaging scheme

This saboteuring campaign is why our defense was out on the field 16 minutes longer than the offense.

This 17 passing attempts per game when we are behind to 1 passing attempt per game average when we are not has got to stop.

The beauty reflected in this beastly scheme is we are watching the maturation proccess of a QB who has been thrown into the fires of the worst possible passing scenerios imaginable, while aiming to develop with you young receivers at this level.

Pass I was most impressed with was the one Tebow bought all the time in the world to make a throw down field, this is something else the so-called experts claimed Tebow was not good at, with their he just tucks the ball and runs it without looking down field. The TD pass to DT was a phenomenal play.

Seeing Tebow emerge as the best rated QB this week does not surprise me one bit. 149.3? YEAH Baby Yeah~!!