PDA

View Full Version : Let's Check the OM Waters on Tebow

Pages : [1] 2

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Is Tebow the long term answer at QB? Please, let's not devolve into name calling and separate camps arguing over the past. Let's open up a new chapter. Tebow has led the Broncos to six straight wins. Yes, there have been contributions from everybody on the team, but hey, we beat the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs in their own houses. Does that feel good, or what? IMO, Tebow has improved every game and the coaching staff adds a little more to the playbook every game. For those who didn't notice, today there was not much read option and a lot more play action out of the shotgun and under center. So, I'm just curious where we're all at four games before the end of the season and in control of the AFCW?

lolcopter
12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
For the foreseeable future, yes

BroncsCheer
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm in. I've been sold for a while now, since like LAST YEAR so, yeah, "Let's Go!"

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91030

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 06:18 PM
wheres the ( i will make a decision after this season) option?

Mogulseeker
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm sold. Took me a while, but I'm sold.

broncosteven
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
He looked much better today. I think McCoy and Fox are slowly letting out the leash a little. They were kinda forced to today because Minn's DL took the run option's away early but it worked out better for us seeing Tebow develop.

I think if he keeps progressing and gets us to a playoff game he deserves a shot again next year.

I still pick a QB somewhere in the draft, a guy that suits this coaching staff's expectations but not sure we need to grab a guy high which would mean we could get some more D depth. I would also like to see them bring in a Vet for TC depth, someone Tebow can bounce stuff off.

Having a guy like McGahee on the team who can keep D's honest yet still give you 2nd and shorts has been great for Tim and really helped ease his transition.

DrFate
12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Based on his level experience vs. his performance to date, he has earned a longer tryout, at minimum. If you put aside the Hoge/Cowherd/Faulk chatter, he's doing pretty well for being a virtual rookie. He's started exactly two FEWER career games than Andy Daulton.

And it's not like he's surrounded by all pro talent - this was a 4 win team last year. Bring in a vet FA for depth and spend your draft picks on oline/dline/corner/lb/etc.

Jay3
12-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I believe I am sold.

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Really I have been riding the fence on tebow, but since he is such a great person, I'm an athiest byt the way, I see nothing but him improving. We know he is not going to be distracted by off the field problems and will be a great role modle for younger players as they come into the organization.

I say lets go ALL IN and see where he can take us. If we fail to win a division or a Supebowl i still think it will be great for the organization as a whole. If denver does start winning thye will beome the Dallas cowboys of the NFL. Legions of fans and legions of haters but Denver will be talked about and relavant.

Orange4Life
12-04-2011, 06:38 PM
He gets next year at a minimum. Full off season to build an offense around him and get some players that are really made to do some of the things that Tebow does really well. Lets not forget that so far everything has been done on the fly.

Broncbow
12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
He looked much better today. I think McCoy and Fox are slowly letting out the leash a little. They were kinda forced to today because Minn's DL took the run option's away early but it worked out better for us seeing Tebow develop....

First half Tebow got the shaft from Elway. But when the team was down and only after it was down, Fox then and there acually afforded Tebow optimal passing oportunities, Tebow showed what he has been showing since the first Chargers game when given the passing opportunity, he can pass and win with his arms whether the team needs 17 or 35 points. 8')

spdirty
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Unsure. Like the game by game improvement. Loved his 2nd half today. I now feel like we got a shot every game, and I'll make my decision after the season. Still at a point where I won't go ape**** on Elway if he decides to go a different direction though.

teknic
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Just wanted to point out the lopsided results.

I just put my vote in...

36 are for Tebow, 0 against, and 8 undecided. Amazing what winning can do.

Edit: 51/0/15
Edit2: 113/0/41

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Really I have been riding the fence on tebow, but since he is such a great person, I'm an athiest byt the way, I see nothing but him improving. We know he is not going to be distracted by off the field problems and will be a great role modle for younger players as they come into the organization.

I say lets go ALL IN and see where he can take us. If we fail to win a division or a Supebowl i still think it will be great for the organization as a whole. If denver does start winning thye will beome the Dallas cowboys of the NFL. Legions of fans and legions of haters but Denver will be talked about and relavant.

Ditto on all accounts ... How I've felt since draft day when we got him...
Didn't really want him , but once you see what kind of man he is you just want to see him win and happy he's on your team. I also am somewhat a atheist but the kid is just a great human and a winner.

Lycan
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I've seen enough to give him another season.

He has gotten noticeably better as a passer in the last few weeks, so I would like to see what he looks like after the rest of the season and an off-season of full workouts.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 06:44 PM

I'd rather have Alualu than Tebow.

Hmmm. I might have been wrong on that one. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Just like you are wrong in this thread, or just about any other time. It's almost cute.

Lycan
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM

That was an almost Tyrell Jones-esque prediction there.

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM

Just flash yourself with the little light thingy and carry on man :) ...

We all whiff from time to time.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
That was an almost Tyrell Jones-esque prediction there.

Come on. Putting me in with the Raider fan? That's some nasty ****.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Just like you are wrong in this thread, or just about any other time. It's almost cute.

How am I wrong in this thread? About what?

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm guessing because you voted "Unsure. It's getting better, but still not sold".

TonyR
12-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm in. Next two weeks will be interesting. Good defense next week (Chi), good offense the next (NE).

spdirty
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I wanted Pouncey so I wasn't wrong, but definitely was this year when I wanted Dareus over Miller.

Lycan
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Come on. Putting me in with the Raider fan? That's some nasty ****.

You're right, that was low of me.

Apologies.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Not "being sold" on a quarterback who has reversed the course of an unmitigated disaster, to the point of likely winning the division.... on a universally accepted "bad team" in "rebuilding mode."

Vine
12-04-2011, 06:54 PM
If Elway still wants to "get his own guy" with the 2012 draft, I have a feeling Pat Bowlen might have something to say about that.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm guessing because you voted "Unsure. It's getting better, but still not sold".

I want to see him in a playoff game.

jhns
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I say he should get the offseason and next season as of now.

Br0nc0Buster
Im sold, lets go

need to get a nice speed back to help open up the offense, and need to find a coordinator who will mix it up a bit

also the LG spot could be upgraded, and Franklin may or may not be longterm RT material (although the line as a whole has for the most part played well lately)

hopefully Bay Bay can give us what he showed today

Dr. Broncenstein
If Elway still wants to "get his own guy" with the 2012 draft, I have a feeling Pat Bowlen might have something to say about that.

We're going to draft a quarterback. We absolutely have no choice because Quinn will be gone. Hopefully, it's a mid-round developmental kind of guy... not a sell-the-farm and trade Tebow kind of guy. If that happened, especially if we make the playoffs... I would expect a riot.

Cito Pelon
Dude is fine with me.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
yalls poopy heads. nyah nyahh . that being said i wanted mr Tebow since oh say . LAST YEAR !!!!!!!! when we drafted him.
I was very aggravated when we kept starting the statue sloth Orton last year ,til he got hurt and this year for 5 games.

Vine
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
We're going to draft a quarterback. We absolutely have no choice because Quinn will be gone. Hopefully, it's a mid-round developmental kind of guy... not a sell-the-farm and trade Tebow kind of guy. If that happened, especially if we make the playoffs... I would expect a riot.

The only qb I see Denver drafting is one who can run an option-spread type of offense, probably no sooner than the 5th round, to be 2nd string to Tebow.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
The only qb I see Denver drafting is one who can run an option-spread type of offense, probably no sooner than the 5th round, to be 2nd string to Tebow.

Me too.

vonqkilla

Lmao

So if he gets us into a playoff game and lays an egg, go elsewhere...

Ok...

1-4....

yerner
I'm still saying they draft a QB in the 2nd if a guy they like is still available. The money isn't that much nowadays and a 2nd rounder can sit for years if necessary.

If they want to find a guy that fits a backup role and is similiar to Tebow I wouldn't mind them trying to get ahold of Dennis Dixon.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2011, 07:05 PM
i hope we keep tebow thru 2012 season don't go messing with my heart Denver .

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Raw and inexperienced on a team in flux with marginal supporting talent and outright lack of front office support... he finds ways to win, with production that is difficult to quantify. I can't wait to see what this team can become in 2-3 years if everyone gets on board.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM

:rofl:

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM

This is holding him to some very high standards. This is his first year, essentially, leading a team that was, last year, picking second over all. Tim is always in control, has proved he can win with both his feet and arm, and his ability to play under pressure is uncanny. It seems every single week we need to him to make a big drive at the end of the game, and every single time he comes through.

After all, most were sold on Cutler and he didnt even GET us to a playoff game.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Elway would have zero political capital to do so if we make the playoffs. But if we make the playoffs, im not sure he'd want to. It would imply we've won a few more big games.

errand
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Unsure. Like the game by game improvement. Loved his 2nd half today. I now feel like we got a shot every game, and I'll make my decision after the season. Still at a point where I won't go ape**** on Elway if he decides to go a different direction though.

Still unsure, but I've gone from 50-50% to 98-2%...and it's just because I need to see him keep it up over a few more games.

I just wanna see how his body of work looks like at season's end, and if he shows me the improvement that I've seen the past two weeks, then I think we go with him next season and add some play makers to help this team out in other, more important areas, like a younger bell cow RB, and a shut down CB...and a big bad safety to eventually replace Dawkins, because Father Time is very unforgiving when he suddenly shows up on your door step.

Archer81
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Its funny how things work out. If Cutler had a 6-1 stretch late in the 2008 season...we would not have had the shenanigans of 2009/10. But it would be highly unlikely we have Tebow, Miller, Franklin or Decker.

NFL is a strange place.

:Broncos:

Powderaddict
12-04-2011, 07:20 PM
He led the team down the field several time with his arm.

As of 12//2011 I am now officially "sold"

jsco70
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a hard time understanding how anyone isn't on board at this point. The guy is GOING TO IMPROVE even more with an offseason under his belt. He's already made significant strides in just a few weeks. I'll be pretty disappointed if Elway and Co throw a bunch of picks at Barkley, RG3 or Jones. I say build the D further and let Tebow, Decker, DT and the young offensive line grow together.

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Errand, I think Dawk is playing better than ever for us. We use him in the box so much. That FF was clutch, a hof play. I am hopeful he comes back. Great leader, man, baller.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Its funny how things work out. If Cutler had a 6-1 stretch late in the 2008 season...we would not have had the shenanigans of 2009/10. But it would be highly unlikely we have Tebow, Miller, Franklin or Decker.

NFL is a strange place.

Hell, if Dwayne Bowe catches an onside kick...

Archer81
12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Hell, if Dwayne Bowe catches an onside kick...

If any one of the 6 RB's do not go on IR...lots of what ifs with 2008.

Mile High Mojoe

Now it's a playoff game huh? After he helps getting them to a playoff game, you'll say playoff win. After the playoff win you'll say divsional playoff win. After the divisional playoff win you'll say AFC Championship. After the AFC Championship you'll say Super Bowl win.

Then will he meet your standards? Does this sound about right?

Vine
Give Tebow the 2012 season. If Tebow regresses next year (which I highly doubt happens), it wouldn't kill Elway to wait til '13 to get "his guy".

Old Dude
12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
What's the rush? The Broncos are winning. Tebow seems to be making strides. The draft is months away. Even when the draft gets here, the Broncos have plenty of other needs to address.

errand
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Not "being sold" on a quarterback who has reversed the course of an unmitigated disaster, to the point of likely winning the division.... on a universally accepted "bad team" in "rebuilding mode."

Again, while Tebow is one of the reasons, he is not the sole reason....

Today our D kind of laid an egg in the 2nd half, but then again, they also spent the entire first half on the field as the Broncos O maintained their NFL leading 3rd and out streak...and they also made some big plays, like Dawkins causing a huge fumble as Minnesota was driving for a TD, they also intercepted 2 passes, the last of which set us up for the win in the final few minutes. Add in they're missing arguably the best player on D in Miller, and i think they've earned a B- for the game...

DT had a big game and seems like he's ready to become the big playmaker McDaniels envisioned he'd be when he was selected in 1st round..4 catches for 144 yards and 2 TD's.

Colquitt again had a good game, as did Prater...who kicked the GWFG. Quan Cosby gave us a few decent returns that set us up with great field positions.

The coaching staff made halftime adjustments and that too helped us win the shootout. again they keep opening up the playbook a little more that while making them look like they're stunting Tebow's growth, but to me it seems like they've been protecting him from failure by keeping it simple and gradually letting him have a longer leash.

Make no mistake that Tebow has been a big reason the Broncos have gone 6-1 and are now in control of their own destiny so to speak, but to blast other posters just because they still have a wait and see attitude on him, is pretty ignorant.

We still have 4 games left...what if we end up 7-9, outta playoffs and Tebow never hits on half his passes again? I doubt it'll happen if he keeps making the improvements I've seen the past two weeks...but I've also seen stranger things happen before....injuries, age, bad luck, **** just happening...

This team has made strides since halftime vs SD...the defense has started to gel, the offense is not turning the ball over, the running game is rejuvenated and ST's has kept us in most of the games with clutch punting, kicking and in the return game...and the coaching has done a masterful job of salvaging this season after a near disastrous 1-4 start.

bowtown
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
**** it. I'm in.

frerottenextelway
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Again, while Tebow is one of the reasons, he is not the sole reason....

Today our D kind of laid an egg in the 2nd half, but then again, they also spent the entire first half on the field as the Broncos O maintained their NFL leading 3rd and out streak...and they also made some big plays, like Dawkins causing a huge fumble as Minnesota was driving for a TD, they also intercepted 2 passes, the last of which set us up for the win in the final few minutes. Add in they're missing arguably the best player on D in Miller, and i think they've earned a B- for the game...

DT had a big game and seems like he's ready to become the big playmaker McDaniels envisioned he'd be when he was selected in 1st round..4 catches for 144 yards and 2 TD's.

Colquitt again had a good game, as did Prater...who kicked the GWFG. Quan Cosby gave us a few decent returns that set us up with great field positions.

The coaching staff made halftime adjustments and that too helped us win the shootout. again they keep opening up the playbook a little more that while making them look like they're stunting Tebow's growth, but to me it seems like they've been protecting him from failure by keeping it simple and gradually letting him have a longer leash.

Make no mistake that Tebow has been a big reason the Broncos have gone 6-1 and are now in control of their own destiny so to speak, but to blast other posters just because they still have a wait and see attitude on him, is pretty ignorant.

We still have 4 games left...what if we end up 7-9, outta playoffs and Tebow never hits on half his passes again? I doubt it'll happen if he keeps making the improvements I've seen the past two weeks...but I've also seen stranger things happen before....injuries, age, bad luck, **** just happening...

This team has made strides since halftime vs SD...the defense has started to gel, the offense is not turning the ball over, the running game is rejuvenated and ST's has kept us in most of the games with clutch punting, kicking and in the return game...and the coaching has done a masterful job of salvaging this season after a near disastrous 1-4 start.

If we lose out Tebow will still have a winning record this year on what was the second worse team in the entire nfl

bronco610
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Probably going to get flamed here, but I am not sure yet. Before anyone jumps all over me let me expain. We have also had a lot of luck so far in our scedule and wins. We have yet to play a team that is dominant or even consistant so far. We beat the dolphins who had not jelled yet, we beat the raiders before palmer knew the playbook, we beat the chiefs (its the chiefs), we beat the jets when they started to slide with sanchez, we beat the chargers but who hasn't this year, and we beat the vikings with out peterson and most of their starting secondary. I like Tebow, I want to seem him improve but looking at our scedule we will probably win the west even if we lose to the patriots. The bears dont have cutler or forte, we play the chiefs at our house, buffalo is in a slide. I say lets give Tebow 2012 and the off season. If he is still improving and we beat some quality teams I will be sold. Having said that watching denver play right now is a blast and watching the talking heads every week eat their words on who will beat us is great.

ScottXray
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM

This.....I'm in on Tebow now all the way. As Bayliss says ALL he does is win games. Whether he has to run, throw or fire the ball out of his butt crack he does whatever it takes. You can't dismiss him anymore. He does whatever it takes and his team believes in him. There is no substitute for winning. :yayaya:

bowtown
12-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Probably going to get flamed here, but I am not sure yet. Before anyone jumps all over me let me expain. We have also had a lot of luck so far in our scedule and wins. We have yet to play a team that is dominant or even consistant so far. We beat the dolphins who had not jelled yet, we beat the raiders before palmer knew the playbook, we beat the chiefs (its the chiefs), we beat the jets when they started to slide with sanchez, we beat the chargers but who hasn't this year, and we beat the vikings with out peterson and most of their starting secondary. I like Tebow, I want to seem him improve but looking at our scedule we will probably win the west even if we lose to the patriots. The bears dont have cutler or forte, we play the chiefs at our house, buffalo is in a slide. I say lets give Tebow 2012 and the off season. If he is still improving and we beat some quality teams I will be sold. Having said that watching denver play right now is a blast and watching the talking heads every week eat their words on who will beat us is great.

I never would have expected this from you. You've been so supportive of Tebow up until now.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Now it's a playoff game huh? After he helps getting them to a playoff game, you'll say playoff win. After the playoff win you'll say divsional playoff win. After the divisional playoff win you'll say AFC Championship. After the AFC Championship you'll say Super Bowl win.

I don't often agree with Mojoe, but he's right to point out the constant pushing back of the goalposts by those who have not exactly been pro-Tebow from the start.

bronco militia
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
doubtful the broncos take a QB in the first round in 2012, but they should definately draft one. There will be at least one open roster spot for a QB

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I was sold after the Houston game last year.

db56
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm in, build the team around the kid and hammer down!

Tim
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Been on board since Mcd took him off the board.

Build the team around him with a stout D and better skilled positional players with the same team first mentality this 2011 team has and watch out.

bronco610
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I never would have expected this from you. You've been so supportive of Tebow up until now.

I still support Tebow, I said lets give him 2012, but if we can't hang with the elite teams year after year because Tebow never masters the tough accurate throws then we will have to go look else-where eventually. He is improving. I have hope. I also was a bronco fan since 68 and remember the years before and after Elway with out a franchise quarterback. I do not want to go back to every year as a disappointment.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't often agree with Mojoe, but he's right to point out the constant pushing back of the goalposts by those who have not exactly been pro-Tebow from the start.

Was going to post this exact thing Mojoe seems a bit mental but he's right on the money here.

MajorGCG
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM

Russell Wilson

OrangeSe7en
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Some people won't believe in gravity until the anvil lands on their heads.

MajorGCG
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM

Im 1000000% behind Timmy, but these are valid points. That said, Denver still lacks greatly in O skill talent and once that improves the team will too.

errand
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM

What expectations do you have of a 1st round Heisman Trophy winning QB that won two national championships in college?

Are these not the same expectations every starting QB on every team is expected to deliver?

John Elway's team mates said it best when he was acquired in trade after Colts selected him #1 overall in '83..."he had to lead us to the Super bowl, or his name was meat."

Look at Jake Plummer...he is one of only 3 QB's in franchise history to lead the Broncos to 3 consecutive playoff appearances, and an AFCCG appearance...he won over 62% of his starts including playoffs...but alot of clowns on here said he'd never win us a championship, so he had to go....and perhaps he wouldn't have led us to a title, but i think he earned the chance to try in 2006.

The bar was raised every season on Jake...so much that his reward for leading us to the 2005 AFC title game, having arguably his best statistical season the team drafted his replacement, and that led to an uneven 2006 season...that despite his shortcomings he still had us at 7-4....we ended up 9-7, and while we'll never know if he could or couldn't win us a title...the fact remains the Broncos haven't sniffed the playoffs since he was replaced as our QB.

Raising the bar on the kid is not a bad thing...in fact I think Tebow relishes those doubting his ability to do something...he seems to respond quite well to people poking him in the chest and saying "You can't do it". He probably smiles, says a prayer, and then says "I'll show you" and then proceeds to work on his admitted weaknesses...

the problem is that in the current age of FA and big $ contracts, and ownership and fans having less patience with players and coaches, a QB has less time to prove his critics wrong...they figure if the Saints could go from worse to first, why not theirs?

Tebow's got the rest of this season to prove he deserves the starter's gig next year (in my opinion he has already).....next year he'll need to make even bigger strides and the bar will be raised even more. If he doesn't lead us to playoffs this season, he'll have to do so next season (provided there aren't any big issues like a lot of injuries etc.)...if not the powers that be will be looking at his eventual replacement come 2013 or 2014.

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Errand, I think Dawk is playing better than ever for us. We use him in the box so much. That FF was clutch, a hof play. I am hopeful he comes back. Great leader, man, baller.

As an aside to pick on Rev, dude said Dawkins was washed up and a total waste of an FA. Carry on, just thought I'd get a shot in on Rev . . ..

OrangeSe7en
12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Im 1000000% behind Timmy, but these are valid points. That said, Denver still lacks greatly in O skill talent and once that improves the team will too.

No, they're not valid. Miami went on a run immediately after they played us. KC has been playing tough defense against Pitt and Chicago since they played us and in doing so, has been very competitive. Today was Oakland's first loss since playing us and even that was against Miami.

It's just too much of a coincidence to say these teams finally were able to get things together the week after they played us.

bronco610
12-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I just dont want to sound like the KC super fans who won the division last year due to an easy schedule. We have better fans than that (not counting all the gator fans who just came aboard and couldn't tell you who Floyd Little is), I want to KNOW Tebow is the real deal before I crown him, thats all.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 08:31 PM
What expectations do you have of a 1st round Heisman Trophy winning QB that won two national championships in college?

Are these not the same expectations every starting QB on every team is expected to deliver?

John Elway's team mates said it best when he was acquired in trade after Colts selected him #1 overall in '83..."he had to lead us to the Super bowl, or his name was meat."

Look at Jake Plummer...he is one of only 3 QB's in franchise history to lead the Broncos to 3 consecutive playoff appearances, and an AFCCG appearance...he won over 62% of his starts including playoffs...but alot of clowns on here said he'd never win us a championship, so he had to go....and perhaps he wouldn't have led us to a title, but i think he earned the chance to try in 2006.

The bar was raised every season on Jake...so much that his reward for leading us to the 2005 AFC title game, having arguably his best statistical season the team drafted his replacement, and that led to an uneven 2006 season...that despite his shortcomings he still had us at 7-4....we ended up 9-7, and while we'll never know if he could or couldn't win us a title...the fact remains the Broncos haven't sniffed the playoffs since he was replaced as our QB.

Raising the bar on the kid is not a bad thing...in fact I think Tebow relishes those doubting his ability to do something...he seems to respond quite well to people poking him in the chest and saying "You can't do it". He probably smiles, says a prayer, and then says "I'll show you" and then proceeds to work on his admitted weaknesses...

the problem is that in the current age of FA and big $ contracts, and ownership and fans having less patience with players and coaches, a QB has less time to prove his critics wrong...they figure if the Saints could go from worse to first, why not theirs?

Tebow's got the rest of this season to prove he deserves the starter's gig next year (in my opinion he has already).....next year he'll need to make even bigger strides and the bar will be raised even more. If he doesn't lead us to playoffs this season, he'll have to do so next season (provided there aren't any big issues like a lot of injuries etc.)...if not the powers that be will be looking at his eventual replacement come 2013 or 2014.

Nice rant, going both ways but whatever. The most important game the Broncos have to play this season is the one next week against the Bears. Period.

errand
12-04-2011, 08:33 PM

Dawkins is having a good year...but he's also like 37 years old. I hope he can keep it up as well...but the reality is we are going to have to find his replacement soon....he ain't getting any younger ya know.

Slightly Soiled
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM

This.

Have you noticed the number of teams that are having problems filling seats? No way can Bowlen risk the fan backlash of dealing Tebow to start over again with another rookie QB.

TotallyScrewed
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Five straight, not six...not yet.

OBF1
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM

You are a freeking douchebag that should have his internet time cut in half by his mommy. We saw Plummer in a playoff game, You never saw Cutler or orton in a playoff game, now you have to see Tim Tebow in a playoff game??? GTFO of town. You have done sh it in life, but our QB needs to impress you in a playoff game??? go to hell.

McDman
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice rant, going both ways but whatever. The most important game the Broncos have to play this season is the one next week against the Bears. Period.

If he passes against the Bears like he did against the Vikings I'm all in on him being our guy of the future.

errand
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM

not going both ways...just trying to explain why some "move the goalposts" as you guys like to say....

Having high expectations for arguably NCAA's greatest player ever in year two is wrong how?

How many seasons do you think he should get to lead us to playoffs and win a playoff game?

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 08:37 PM

After you posted this link the thread should have went to the second page or better yet the butt. Some still have a lot more apologizing to do for winning today apparently. Itís so pathetic, I never seen anything like it in all the years Iíve followed the Broncos.

We won butÖ Tebow played well butÖ We won today but I want to see a playoff gameÖ Thomas deserves more creditÖ Prater, what a kickerÖ McGahee is a beast butÖ

Winning never seemed so horrible, so painful so lucky and so undeserved. I think we should forfeit the game we didn't deserve to win today.

OBF1
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
By the way, I have been onboard with Tebow since the evening we drafted him. McDaniels was good for something.

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM

That's what he will get. It's up to him to make the most of it.

OBF1
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
not going both ways...just trying to explain why some "move the goalposts" as you guys like to say....

Having high expectations for arguably NCAA's greatest player ever in year two is wrong how?

How many seasons do you think he should get to lead us to playoffs and win a playoff game?

He should get more than 3 games in his rookie season and more than 7 in his 2nd year in the pros. 6-1 is a pretty damn big indicator of what he can offer this team.

gyldenlove
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
He has earned the right to start next year, but beyond that it takes more than 10 starts to convince me.

OrangeSe7en
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I just dont want to sound like the KC super fans who won the division last year due to an easy schedule. We have better fans than that (not counting all the gator fans who just came aboard and couldn't tell you who Floyd Little is), I want to KNOW Tebow is the real deal before I crown him, thats all.

No one has to tell you who Floyd Little is/was. There were plenty of people who became Broncos fans because of Elway or for various othe reaons. Guess what? Half the long time Broncos fans don't know enough to not cheer when the offense has the ball at home games. This idea that people have to pass a test to become a Broncos fan is stupid.

Popps
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Again, the poll options are pretty polarizing.

I think today was a tipping point for me. I've been needing to see more, and I think I saw a lot of it today. Given, against a depleted secondary. But, at this point... baring any massive collapse on his part, I think we go into next year and forget about drafting a QB early.

That doesn't mean he's the QBOTF for SURE, but I think I've seen enough to know we can build around him and frankly, we have a lot of needs.

I would be in favor of trying to find a back-up with a similar skill-set, though. Just not in the first round.

So, I'm sold to go into next year with him as the starter, at this point. I think taking a guy like Jones in the 1st is counterproductive, now.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
If he passes against the Bears like he did against the Vikings I'm all in on him being our guy of the future.

I'm going to hold you too this Bro. Coming from being one of the all time Tebow Haters on this board to being all in with just 1 more win is awesome.

Congratulations youíve nearly become a Broncos Fan again. Weíll welcome you back because thatís how we roll.

Carmelo15
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
By the way, I have been onboard with Tebow since the evening we drafted him. McDaniels was good for something.

I was lividly pissed when we took him on draft night. However, from the point forward he was a Denver Bronco so I had to root for him to succeed. I became a believer early. When I went to the team scrimmage at Invesco in August 2010. He looked much better than Orton and Quinn that day and had great chemistry with Demaryius Thomas. Something we haven't gotten a chance to see in a regular season game until today.

errand
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
He should get more than 3 games in his rookie season and more than 7 in his 2nd year in the pros. 6-1 is a pretty damn big indicator of what he can offer this team.

Ok...you wanna b**** that some people are "moving the goal posts" on Timmy.

Fair enough...i'll agree he deserves more than just 10 starts, (haven't heard anyone say he doesn't, but whatever)...

But what if we lose out this season and finish 7-9...and he doesn't hit on 50% of his passes in any of the remaining games? does he still deserve the starter's gig and if he does, what if we're say 1-4 starting next season?

Or what if he leads us to division title, but loses playoff game, and we start off 1-4 next season?

Is there any scenario where those that have been sold on him since day one start to have buyer's remorse?

bronco610
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
No one has to tell you who Floyd Little is/was. There were plenty of people who became Broncos fans because of Elway or for various othe reaons. Guess what? Half the long time Broncos fans don't know enough to not cheer when the offense has the ball at home games. This idea that people have to pass a test to become a Broncos fan is stupid.

Well its simple really, if Tebow goes to another team and you follow him then you are a tebow fan not a Bronco fan. I believe many here would do just that. I hope that doesn't happen but it is what it is.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM

I think today was a tipping point for me. I've been needing to see more, and I think I saw a lot of it today. Given, against a depleted secondary. But, at this point... baring any massive collapse on his part, I think we go into next year and forget about drafting a QB early.

That doesn't mean he's the QBOTF for SURE, but I think I've seen enough to know we can build around him and frankly, we have a lot of needs.

I would be in favor of trying to find a back-up with a similar skill-set, though. Just not in the first round.

So, I'm sold to go into next year with him as the starter, at this point. I think taking a guy like Jones in the 1st is counterproductive, now.

I mean this in the nicest way Popps, why not enjoy the win today and not worry so much about who the Broncos take in the 1st round next year? What about this year? What about next week?

bowtown
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I mean this in the nicest way Popps, why not enjoy the win today and not worry so much about who the Broncos take in the 1st round next year? What about this year? What about next week?

Maybe you didn't read the poll at the top of this thread?

McDman
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm going to hold you too this Bro. Coming from being one of the all time Tebow Haters on this board to being all in with just 1 more win is awesome.

Congratulations youíve nearly become a Broncos Fan again. Weíll welcome you back because thatís how we roll.

I've never been a Tebow hater, I just didn't think he'd be any good. I have explained this multiple times. For some reason people can't differentiate between the two. I have always wanted him to succeed, just didn't think he would. If I end up being wrong about it then I will be very happy, one less draft pick we have to use.

How is me being critical of Tebow's play not being a Bronco fan? I've been a fan my whole life and now more so than ever. I have watched every single game for as long as I can remember, I've been nervous for damn near every game for as long as I can remember.

Don't question me being a Bronco fan because I didn't think Tebow was going to be good, it's ignorant.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM

Sure, raising the bar isn't a bad thing, but you're losing sight of the argument. If the question is, can Tim Tebow be a great NFL QB or can Tim Tebow be the second greatest Bronco QB of all time, then sure, raise the bar. But the question here is "can he play in the NFL and should he get a chance next year?" He has completely, 100 percent earned this.

Vine
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Ok...you wanna b**** that some people are "moving the goal posts" on Timmy.

Fair enough...i'll agree he deserves more than just 10 starts, (haven't heard anyone say he doesn't, but whatever)...

But what if we lose out this season and finish 7-9...and he doesn't hit on 50% of his passes in any of the remaining games? does he still deserve the starter's gig and if he does, what if we're say 1-4 starting next season?

Or what if he leads us to division title, but loses playoff game, and we start off 1-4 next season?

Is there any scenario where those that have been sold on him since day one start to have buyer's remorse?

What? Colin Cowjerk used to say on Sportsnation has said over and over that Tebow should not ever see the field as a qb. Merril Hodge and Les Shapiro continue to say week in and week out that he is "not an NFL qb" and shouldn't be on the field.

Whatever.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Maybe you didn't read the poll at the top of this thread?

I did read it. I don't do many of these polls because they're BS. Tonight should be about celebrating a great win, one that moved us into 1st place. Next week against the Bears if they should win and the Raiders lose the Broncos have a game on them. This excites me, not who we may draft next year, thatíll come later. I'm tired of the "next year" thinking and mindset. This has been one of the most amazing turnarounds in team history but you wouldn't know it by looking at some of the posts on here tonight.

I'm as jacked up as I've ever been. After the Goodman INT I was nearly in tears. I couldn't do the customary yelling TOUCHDOWN or any other shouts this afternoon because my wife was sleeping. It's the best win of the season. I can't wait for next week. Maybe it's just me but I'm ****ting purple Twinkies I'm so excited.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Exactly.

errand
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM

I think it's just that people are excited by the current run to first place and want to look at what this team could possibly be next season when expectations will obviously be higher than they were heading into this one.

Not to mention Tim's improvement has led alot of those that had previously doubted him somewhat (myself included) to think about the future of this franchise's fortunes since we may not have to worry about drafting a QB with our first round pick

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM

Yeah he earned himself a starting job come TC 2012. I think he's figured out since his meltdown in TC 2011 that the job isn't gonna be given to him on potential. Tebow will be the starter in TC 2012, and I think he'll excel. I doubt the BBT will take a QB high. Tebow learned his lessons.

bowtown
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I did read it. I don't do many of these polls because they're BS. Tonight should be about celebrating a great win, one that moved us into 1st place. Next week against the Bears if they should win and the Raiders lose the Broncos have a game on them. This excites me, not who we may draft next year, that’ll come later. I'm tired of the "next year" thinking and mindset. This has been one of the most amazing turnarounds in team history but you wouldn't know it by looking at some of the posts on here tonight.

I'm as jacked up as I've ever been. After the Goodman INT I was nearly in tears. I couldn't do the customary yelling TOUCHDOWN or any other shouts this afternoon because my wife was sleeping. It's the best win of the season. I can't wait for next week. Maybe it's just me but I'm ****ting purple Twinkies I'm so excited.

Just saying that you aren't going to get a lot traction lecturing people on discussing the future of Tim Tebow and the Broncos when the topic of the thread is: Do you think Tim Tebow is the future of the Broncos?

errand
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I did read it. I don't do many of these polls because they're BS. Tonight should be about celebrating a great win, one that moved us into 1st place. Next week against the Bears if they should win and the Raiders lose the Broncos have a game on them. This excites me, not who we may draft next year, thatíll come later. I'm tired of the "next year" thinking and mindset. This has been one of the most amazing turnarounds in team history but you wouldn't know it by looking at some of the posts on here tonight.

Ok...so if you're not looking forward to "next year", why you so upset with people raising the bar on their expectations for Tebow "this year"?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
We haven't even scratched the surface of what's possible with this kid, and he's 6-1 with marginal surrounding talent on a rebuilding team.

errand
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
What? Colin Cowjerk used to say on Sportsnation has said over and over that Tebow should not ever see the field as a qb. Merril Hodge and Les Shapiro continue to say week in and week out that he is "not an NFL qb" and shouldn't be on the field.

Whatever.

I'm sorry...I was talking about on this site...not those pointy headed mother****ers on TV that get paid to say **** to stir the pot

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Well alrighty then. Thought I would give friendly debate on the Mane one more shot. Not gonna happen.

errand
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Sure, raising the bar isn't a bad thing, but you're losing sight of the argument. If the question is, can Tim Tebow be a great NFL QB or can Tim Tebow be the second greatest Bronco QB of all time, then sure, raise the bar. But the question here is "can he play in the NFL and should he get a chance next year?" He has completely, 100 percent earned this.

the question before the board is if he's the "long term answer" at QB for the Broncos....

guessing your definition of long term is different from mine and everyone else's...

Rolandftw
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm sold on Tebow being the starter for this season, and next season.

Beyond that, can't say I see Tebow as a lock to be the Broncos QB the next 5-10 years or anything.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd love to see Tebow progress to the point of abandoning the huddle altogether. Similar to Peyton Manning... not necessarily a hurry up style.. just keeping the defense from substituting and keeping them in their three point stance to the point of exhaustion.

errand
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
We haven't even scratched the surface of what's possible with this kid, and he's 6-1 with marginal surrounding talent on a rebuilding team.

Well let's see, we got two 2nd year players and a rookie on the OL...

We got WR's that have just a little time playing with #1 team as their Qb does....

I'd say it's unknown talent more so than "marginal"...

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Well alrighty then. Thought I would give friendly debate on the Mane one more shot. Not gonna happen.

http://item.slide.com/r/1/7/i/NLBq4maN3j_bkdN_v5_JASLQtG9DuOGq/

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM

My God, no one is saying they aren't happy the team is winning! Its great. It kicks ass. ITS WHY WE ARE ALL ON HERE! The question was about Tebow and if people were sold on him, not if people were upset the team is winning games. You act as if not being sold on Tebow means you want the team to fail.

IMO Tebow had 3 games that sent me from being optimistic to holy crap he sucks.. Miami Detroit Oakland. Then there was the Jets game that made me shake my head thinking how the hell are they winning like this. San Diego showed me he could actually throw. Minnesota... Well I really wanna believe but I don't wanna get to Bolivia and find out it sucks thats all (little Butch and Sundance quote there)... I love the Broncos and I want them to win a superbowl, and if Mr. Tebow plays 3 more games like the one today I will believe he can do it.. Is having 4 good games in a row moving the goal posts back to far?

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/7/i/NLBq4maN3j_bkdN_v5_JASLQtG9DuOGq/

Nice. BTW, doctor. Just what are you a doctor of? I'm just curious. You seem to be here pretty much every day. I've never seen a doctor with so much time off. Or are you just an internet doctor?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
the question before the board is if he's the "long term answer" at QB for the Broncos....

guessing your definition of long term is different from mine and everyone else's...

My bad, i was thinking of it through the prism of what the media is saying...like when they keep pushing back the goal post

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice. BTW, doctor. Just what are you a doctor of? I'm just curious. You seem to be here pretty much every day. I've never seen a doctor with so much time off. Or are you just an internet doctor?

I believe he works at a small hospital that recently opened in the Philippines...

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM

You absolutely have to be kidding me. The kid's played 10 games. Who in the world ever gets that said about them after 10 friggin games?

What the kid's done this year, through this game alone, is a miracle. Based on that alone, the kid deserves another year.

This is irrational.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM

http://item.slide.com/r/1/247/i/B5PiOiOH4T_0lrklVJ5jlCJrvXRgLcUO/

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I believe he works at a small hospital that recently opened in the Philippines...

He diagnoses on the internet for a living, I guess.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
My God, no one is saying they aren't happy the team is winning! Its great. It kicks ass. ITS WHY WE ARE ALL ON HERE! The question was about Tebow and if people were sold on him, not if people were upset the team is winning games. You act as if not being sold on Tebow means you want the team to fail.

IMO Tebow had 3 games that sent me from being optimistic to holy crap he sucks.. Miami Detroit Oakland. Then there was the Jets game that made me shake my head thinking how the hell are they winning like this. San Diego showed me he could actually throw. Minnesota... Well I really wanna believe but I don't wanna get to Bolivia and find out it sucks thats all (little Butch and Sundance quote there)... I love the Broncos and I want them to win a superbowl, and if Mr. Tebow plays 3 more games like the one today I will believe he can do it.. Is having 4 good games in a row moving the goal posts back to far?

Trade straight across for Gabbert. Am I right? Amazing what the hate does to people.

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I am liking the idea of Tebow as the long term guy. however after the Cutler debacle i am going to hold judgment on him until after next season. If after he goes through a full offseason worth of workouts and training, remains the starter(because competition is going to be brought in) and leads Denver successfully next year while improving his all around game then I will buy in completely and say yes he is the guy for the future.

TailgateNut
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM

**** you, you ignorant bitch.

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Well let's see, we got two 2nd year players and a rookie on the OL...

We got WR's that have just a little time playing with #1 team as their Qb does....

I'd say it's unknown talent more so than "marginal"...

OL looks pretty solid.

Spider
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm sold on Tebow being the starter for this season, and next season.

Beyond that, can't say I see Tebow as a lock to be the Broncos QB the next 5-10 years or anything.
Yeah cant say that now , the Vikings flat out took the run away
Tebow and Offense did it through the air ....... Just goes to show the kid doesnt panic , he just wins , gotta keep him as long as you can

Spider
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Ok...so if you're not looking forward to "next year", why you so upset with people raising the bar on their expectations for Tebow "this year"?
LOL Mojoe is 2 cans short of a six pack ,,,,,,,,,,,

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
You absolutely have to be kidding me. The kid's played 10 games. Who in the world ever gets that said about them after 10 friggin games?

What the kid's done this year, through this game alone, is a miracle. Based on that alone, the kid deserves another year.

This is irrational.

Honestly, I think this was said about Tom Brady when he took over for Bledsoe and lead the team to the playoffs (superbowl winner THAT year). I think it was said about Rothlisberger his rookie year (eventual Superbowl winner). Dan Marino his Rookie year (never won a superbowl but considered one of the greatest). Great players weren't always considered great players... For years my buddy that was a huge Bledsoe fan said Tom Brady can only through ten yard slants.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
**** you, you ignorant b****.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/Phlip44/YOU-SO-MAD.jpg#you%20mad

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Trade straight across for Gabbert. Am I right? Amazing what the hate does to people.

So I say the guy is impressing me, and needs to play four more solid games like today, and I'll believe in him, and your talking about Blaine Gabbert? Where in my post is this hate?

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 10:02 PM

Honestly^

this team isn't even good. If he stays healthy and the FO makes commonsense draft decisions...well...I am excited

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM

hey **** you!

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM

We have plenty of choices other than drafting a QB. They're called vet backups. There's plenty of them in the league. Drafting a QB would be a waste of resources if you ask me. If Tebow goes down we are back to being a crappy team, and some mid to late round QB who really can't throw and who lacks his magic isn't going to save us.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Honestly^

this team isn't even good. If he stays healthy and the FO makes commonsense draft decisions...well...I am excited

I'll be even more excited when Bowlen stops being a cheap piece of dog****. We're almost 30m below the cap. Can you imagine how good we would have been this year if they actually gave this team more of a talent upgrade at CB (depth), WR, MLB and DT?

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/Phlip44/YOU-SO-MAD.jpg#you%20mad

That's pure awesome right there.

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
maybe some of you should just say you'll be sold when he wins four consecutive SBs

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
hey **** you!

Right back at ya. ;D

I'm getting in the spirit of things.

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
We have plenty of choices other drafting a QB. Their called vet backups. There's plenty of them in the league. Drafting a QB would be a waste of resources if you ask me. If Tebow goes down we are back to being a crappy team, and some mid to late round QB who really can't throw and who lacks his magic isn't going to save us.

I would just try to resign Quinn before drafting another average QB in the 5th round or something. Maybe Quinns a Tebow fan.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
maybe some of you should just say you'll be sold when he wins four consecutive SBs

No ****. It's not like being sold now means you are sold forever, even if he starts sucking ass or something. It just means you are sold now, in this moment. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could not be sold on the kid right now...

Spider
12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
well I still think Tebow should have sat this year , became the starter net year , but this is working out , tebow is a fast study , I give him that , I said once along time ago leave his mechanics alone , i wanted him to learn to read defenses better , but he is picking it up on the fly ...... I am more impressed with the way he protects the ball

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
No ****. It's not like being sold now means you are sold forever, even if he starts sucking ass or something. It just means you are sold now, in this moment. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could not be sold on the kid right now...

The question wasn't "Are you sold?" I can't imagine anybody who isn't sold on what he's bringing to the game right now. The question was, "Do you believe he is the long term answer at QB for the Broncos?" Specifically, when the draft rolls around next year, do the Broncos forget about a QB in round one (probably need to take one later, at any rate), and just start building the team around Tebow?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Quantifying Tebow's production is difficult outside of wins. Look at how open DT was today. That's a defense trying to defend a quaterback who can run, a dangerous tailback, and the option. There is so much to defend that something has to be neglected. I can't wait to see how far we can take this... especially going no-huddle and adding a dynamic tight end.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM

How did the Oakland game do that? We put up like 34 pts in that game. He didnt have to throw much, but when he did he was effective...and rushed for over 100 yards.

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 10:24 PM
How did the Oakland game do that? We put up like 34 pts in that game. He didnt have to throw much, but when he did he was effective...and rushed for over 100 yards.

It made me think the coaching staff thought he was so bad at throwing the ball that they only allowed him 8 attempts... Considering the week before was the Detroit game I dont think it is that out of line...

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I think this was said about Tom Brady when he took over for Bledsoe and lead the team to the playoffs (superbowl winner THAT year). I think it was said about Rothlisberger his rookie year (eventual Superbowl winner). Dan Marino his Rookie year (never won a superbowl but considered one of the greatest). Great players weren't always considered great players... For years my buddy that was a huge Bledsoe fan said Tom Brady can only through ten yard slants.

Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying "well let's see how well this Roethlisberger scrub does in the playoffs." If anything it was more amazement at his poise as a young starter than anything.

Had the tuck rule gone the other way and the Raiders won that game, I guess that would've made Brady some kind of scrub. :D

You prove the hate more with every word. Marino? Brady? Big Ben?

In two months the kid goes from 'never going to make it in the NFL' to 'well he hasn't proven he's Tom Brady (yet)'

Nobody moves the goal posts that much without rooting for failure.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying "well let's see how well this Roethlisberger scrub does in the playoffs." If anything it was more amazement at his poise as a young starter than anything.

Had the tuck rule gone the other way and the Raiders won that game, I guess that would've made Brady some kind of scrub. :D

In two months the kid goes from 'never going to make it in the NFL' to 'well he hasn't proven he's Tom Brady (yet)'

Learning to read could be a valuable asset on a message board. Don't you think, dumbass?

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Ayuh.

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM

I said in this thread if he played 4 more games like today i would be a believer... But let me get this straight you take it as an insult that Tebow should be compared to these guys? Give me a break Big Ben was constantly told no rookie has ever won a superbowl, I'm sure Marino heard the same, and as for Tom Brady dont pretend a guy drafted that late in the draft didn't have some doubters in Boston, once Drew was healthy.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Learning to read could be a valuable asset on a message board. Don't you think, dumbass?

Hey, how come I never heard you saying "I want to see him in a playoff game" when KO was running the show.

Cito Pelon
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I'd love to see Tebow progress to the point of abandoning the huddle altogether. Similar to Peyton Manning... not necessarily a hurry up style.. just keeping the defense from substituting and keeping them in their three point stance to the point of exhaustion.

Hmmmmmm

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
It made me think the coaching staff thought he was so bad at throwing the ball that they only allowed him 8 attempts... Considering the week before was the Detroit game I dont think it is that out of line...

That was the KC game, not oakland.

Spider
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM

:rofl: he should get some points for sharing his opinion ........he was dying to make that post ........

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I said in this thread if he played 4 more games like today i would be a believer... But let me get this straight you take it as an insult that Tebow should be compared to these guys? Give me a break Big Ben was constantly told no rookie has ever won a superbowl, I'm sure Marino heard the same, and as for Tom Brady dont pretend a guy drafted that late in the draft didn't have some doubters in Boston, once Drew was healthy.

See, you're getting it backwards. When people said "no rookie has ever won a superbowl" that was meant to lower expectations put on a young qb... Or at least recognize that winning playoff games as a rookie is something unusual. It was a compliment and it set some perspective.

Here we have people preemptively saying "we'll see how he does in the playoffs!" In the midst of an improbable turnaround from a 3-13 season and a 1-4 start. Brought to you by the people who've said all along that Tebow wasn't NFL material to begin with.

Sad.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey, how come I never heard you saying "I want to see him in a playoff game" when KO was running the show.

Go back and read my quotes on KO, dumb ****. Bump them, since that seems to be the latest fad. I've never said he was anything other than a backup. This thread doesn't ask the question, is Tebow any good, dimwit. It asks if he's the long term answer at QB for the Broncos. There was never any chance of Orton being the long term answer here. Really stupid analogy.

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Worst to first.

Turd_Ferguson
12-04-2011, 10:49 PM
See, you're getting it backwards. When people said "no rookie has ever won a superbowl" that was meant to lower expectations put on a young qb... Or at least recognize that winning playoff games as a rookie is something unusual. It was a compliment and it set some perspective.

Here we have people preemptively saying "we'll see how he does in the playoffs!" In the midst of an improbable turnaround from a 3-13 season and a 1-4 start. Brought to you by the people who've said all along that Tebow wasn't NFL material to begin with.

Sad.

Fine then when people say Tebow sucks and shouldn't be in the NFL then that just takes all the pressure off him.

tsr28
12-04-2011, 10:51 PM
What's the rush? The Broncos are winning. Tebow seems to be making strides. The draft is months away. Even when the draft gets here, the Broncos have plenty of other needs to address.

I'm with this and am just enjoying the ride. That being said, I've seen Orton and the Broncos start 6 and 0 and thought that team was for real. I'm sticking with just wanting to see continual improvement but also expect some bumps along the way.

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Go back and read my quotes on KO, dumb ****. Bump them, since that seems to be the latest fad. I've never said he was anything other than a backup. This thread doesn't ask the question, is Tebow any good, dimwit. It asks if he's the long term answer at QB for the Broncos. There was never any chance of Orton being the long term answer here. Really stupid analogy.

I was gonna take you up on your offer, but when I saw some of the political crap you've posted back in the past, it occurred to me... you're never going to like Teebs. And it has nothing to do with football.

So there's not much point in discussing it any further.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I was gonna take you up on your offer, but when I saw some of the political crap you've posted back in the past, it occurred to me... you're never going to like Teebs. And it has nothing to do with football.

Not true. Unlike you, I'm not an ideological simpleton. I separate politics and football. Shanahan and Elway were died in the wool Republicans. I could have cared less. They weren't giving speeches on the football field, were they? Or running for office? Elam was deeply religious, just like Tebow. Never bothered me. I still think he's the greatest Broncos kicker of all time.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM

Im a pretty huge liberal, am not a fan of organized religion, and love Timmy.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Not true. Unlike you, I'm not an ideological simpleton. I separate politics and football. Shanahan and Elway were died in the wool Republicans. I could have cared less. They weren't giving speeches on the football field, were they? Or running for office? Elam was deeply religious, just like Tebow. Never bothered me. I still think he's the greatest Broncos kicker of all time.

Monday Night Jihad!

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
This really deserves more than a mere link:
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n500/chillwillz/why-you-mad-allergic-to-winning.jpg

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM

This is a bald face lie and you know, should we dig up some of your past rants on politics and show what an "idealogical liberal" you are?

KevinJames
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Im sold to the point he should start in 2012

unsure about the future, I would like to see the strides he can make with an off season. I am optimistic but not all the way sold for the long term solution.

Its fun to watch thats for sure!

Spider
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM

;) you really expect these idiots to understand this ? :rofl:

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 11:14 PM
nihilists and monks are pretty much the only people worth listening to

Spider
This is a bald face lie and you know, should we dig up some of your past rants on politics and show what an "idealogical liberal" you are?

what does that have to do with football genius ?

SonOfLe-loLang

He, like me, probably roots for the uniform. We dont know these people personally (though im sure tim is a nice guy personally)...i sincerely doubt he gives a **** about tim's religious beliefs. Its not like they are eating dinner together. He's watching him win on sunday.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:16 PM

I don't bring politics over to the main board, dumbass. What is it with you dumb pissants? Is simple reading comprehension really so difficult?

epicSocialism4tw
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Im sold to the point he should start in 2012

unsure about the future, I would like to see the strides he can make with an off season. I am optimistic but not all the way sold for the long term solution.

Its fun to watch thats for sure!

Tebow is all kinds of entertaining.

Tebow on one side with Von Miller on the other for the long term? Sign me up, Bowlen. That's entertainment.

Spider
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Tebow is all kinds of entertaining.

Tebow on one side with Von Miller on the other for the long term? Sign me up, Bowlen. That's entertainment.

;) really dont see the vikes racking up over 28 with Miller in there , though it was nice seeing our offense opened up ......

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:23 PM
;) really dont see the vikes racking up over 28 with Miller in there , though it was nice seeing our offense opened up ......

I guarantee you the Vikes were expecting nothing but a bunch of read option. Instead, they got a steady menu of play action. Did you see the Vikings bite on the play action on the two point conversion? I was :rofl:

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't bring politics over to the main board, dumbass. What is it with you dumb pissants? Is simple reading comprehension really so difficult?

Clearly much of your hatred for Tebow isnít just in his game which we all know you havenít liked for the get go but his in your face faith that really turns your wing nut. I've seen you're posts, here on the main and your posts on politics they line up perfectly. Youíve b****ed about him for 7 weeks and in the face of his greatest victory as a Broncos starter you continue to piss on the parade.

Tebow is everything a card carrying liberal like you could hate and his success is driving you bat **** nuts, just admit it.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Clearly much of your hatred for Tebow isnít just in his game which we all know you havenít liked for the get go but his in your face faith that really turns your wing nut. I've seen you're posts, here on the main and your posts on politics they line up perfectly. Youíve b****ed about him for 7 weeks and in the face of his greatest victory as a Broncos starter you continue to piss on the parade.

Tebow is everything a card carrying liberal like you could hate and his success is driving you bat **** nuts, just admit it.

Why don't you post more pics of yourself? My dog needs something to whack off to.

ant1999e
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM

Online diagnosis and surgery is the future. :~ohyah!:

Spider
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I guarantee you the Vikes were expecting nothing but a bunch of read option. Instead, they got a steady menu of play action. Did you see the Vikings bite on the play action on the two point conversion? I was :rofl:

:~ohyah!: yeah that was funny , but man it is good to have a qb that doesnt go rainman in the redzone .......If the offense and Tebow get cranked up in the first half like the second half , look out

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
:~ohyah!: yeah that was funny , but man it is good to have a qb that doesnt go rainman in the redzone .......If the offense and Tebow get cranked up in the first half like the second half , look out

I think Tebow deserves the 'Honey Badger' title more than that kid at LSU. Honey badger don't give a ****. He'll just run it in for a TD. ;D

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I would just try to resign Quinn before drafting another average QB in the 5th round or something. Maybe Quinns a Tebow fan.

If Denver decides to go with Tebow then they need to build the offense around him, thus they will not resign Quinn, they will get a QB that can run the Tebow offense.

Spider
12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I think Tebow deserves the 'Honey Badger' title more than that kid at LSU. Honey badger don't give a ****. He'll just run it in for a TD. ;D

:thumbs:

BroncoBeavis
12-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Im a pretty huge liberal, am not a fan of organized religion, and love Timmy.

It's a generalization, sure. But for me it's not just about politics. At some point you come to the realization that certain people are more interested in being right than anything.

And it's pointless to challenge that. In the past I probably would've tried.

But I'm a Broncos fan first. To come here and have to defend our 6-1 QB after the best game of his career is tough for me to understand. But I think I see it now for what it is. So I'll leave it at that.

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM

You had me until you pulled out the political card. Now that I know you are a Republitard you lost me. Go watch Fox News and learn more about how Global Warming is a myth.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 11:41 PM
For the love of god take this crap to the proper board ( all of you)

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
You had me until you pulled out the political card. Now that I know you are a Republitard you lost me. Go watch Fox News and learn more about how Global Warming is a myth.

33 posts and you think you have the first idea about Roh's history? Now you've lost me, go flag fly your freak flag up Roh's pole, he likes it that way.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
It's a generalization, sure. But for me it's not just about politics. At some point you come to the realization that certain people are more interested in being right than anything.

And it's pointless to challenge that. In the past I probably would've tried.

But I'm a Broncos fan first. To come here and have to defend our 6-1 QB after the best game of his career is tough for me to understand. But I think I see it now for what it is. So I'll leave it at that.

Which just goes to prove the point that you are reading something into it that isn't there because of your own biases. I think the idea that Tebow wouldn't make it in the NFL, which I originally held when he was drafted, is wrong. I was wrong. Obviously, he's making it big time in the NFL. My question was, has he shown enough to be considered our long term answer at QB? And by that I mean, 10 years, 15 years, whatever. So we end all the Barkley, Luck talk and start talking about ILBs and CBs, etc.

Spider
12-04-2011, 11:44 PM
33 posts and you think you have the first idea about Roh's history? Now you've lost me, go flag fly your freak flag up Roh's pole, he likes it that way.

Instead of running your cock sucker , why dont you bump the post where Roh bashed tebow .......

JDB7821
12-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Well either way he's played the team out of a position to draft a quarterback without trading up. I've been cheering more for Tebow and the Broncos than I have the Falcons recently. I think my fandom is changing.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:49 PM

Hey, El Stupido. You're the one who brought this **** into the conversation. You've been stinking up the place with your out of control biases since your first post. Are you really so ****ed up in the head that you can't even conceive that there are people of all political, religious, educational, etc backgrounds on a board like this who come here to talk about the team they love in common? So, you think everybody has to think like you or they're somehow invalid? Who the **** are you?

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
For the love of god take this crap to the proper board ( all of you)

You tell the truth and Roh gets all butt hurt, he deserves every bit of flack that comes his way. I'm glad the Turd chimed in too maybe we can succeed and getting all of Turd's moronic QB polls bumped off the board too while we're at it. Whereís the new poll Turd? We all await your next brilliant QB draft assignment. OhÖby the way maybe you didnít get the memo, Broncos won today and are in 1st place.

yerner
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM

You're an awful poster. Please stop.

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM
You tell the truth and Roh gets all butt hurt, he deserves every bit of flack that comes his way. I'm glad the Turd chimed in too maybe we can succeed and getting all of Turd's moronic QB polls bumped off the board too while we're at it. Whereís the new poll Turd? We all await your next brilliant QB draft assignment. OhÖby the way maybe you didnít get the memo, Broncos won today and are in 1st place.

You know, if you'd just stop posting this dumbass stuff and instead keep posting more of your vacation pics, you'd make lots more friends. I'll bet you're a party animal when it's slide show time.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey, El Stupido. You're the one who brought this **** into the conversation. You've been stinking up the place with your out of control biases since your first post. Are you really so ****ed up in the head that you can't even conceive that there are people of all political, religious, educational, etc backgrounds on a board like this who come here to talk about the team they love in common? So, you think everybody has to think like you or they're somehow invalid? Who the **** are you?

The words you are using here describe you perfectly. Thanks, you don't have any idea what I believe, you wouldn't care what I believe. I've tried to debate you, there's no middle or compromise with you on Tebow or politics. If the Broncos lose next week and Tebow stinks you'll be the first one on the bash wagon. So don't try to BS me okay?

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
You know, if you'd just stop posting this dumbass stuff and instead keep posting more of your vacation pics, you'd make lots more friends. I'll bet you're a party animal when it's slide show time.

I didn't post any of my pictures dumbass, here's another lie, the Rev posted my pictures get your lies straight okay?

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
The words you are using here describe you perfectly. Thanks, you don't have any idea what I believe, you wouldn't care what I believe. I've tried to debate you, there's no middle or compromise with you on Tebow or politics. If the Broncos lose next week and Tebow stinks you'll be the first one on the bash wagon. So don't try to BS me okay?

I don't care enough about you to BS you. Read post 180. See? I'm always open to learning new things. If I discover that I'm wrong, I figure I've learned something and I'll admit I was wrong. That's the difference between us; I evolve.

Try not to get so hysterical. It's only the internets.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I didn't post any of my pictures dumbass, here's another lie, the Rev posted my pictures get your lies straight okay?

You gave the Rev your vacation pics?

enjolras
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/boxer4life2k5/61vx3rq.gif

Mile High Mojoe
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
You gave the Rev your vacation pics?

I was doing it in protest genius, you're so damn smart and didn't figure that one out did you? He took more cheap shots at me in that thread in the 5 years I've been on this board than any other hater I have, it was completely out of control and you my good good friend were on the dog pile like the vulture that you truly are remember?

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I was doing it in protest genius, you're so damn smart and didn't figure that one out did you? He took more cheap shots at me in that thread in the 5 years I've been on this board than any other hater I have, it was completely out of control and you my good good friend were on the dog pile like the vulture that you truly are remember?

You seem to have a lot of people taking shots at you. Why is that?

Mile High Mojoe
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
You seem to have a lot of people taking shots at you. Why is that?

I guess because I don't follow your line of genuis or should I say BS.

Spider
12-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I guess because I don't follow your line of genuis or should I say BS.

no cause even those on your side of the isle think you are an Idiot ......

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
So we end all the Barkley, Luck talk

At 7-5 I think that's ended either way...

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2011, 01:17 AM
I am on board for the most part. i think tim and the broncos need to beat some good teams. Denver has had a perfect storm on most of our wins. i mean Adrian Peterson out? Cutler and forte are out next week. If Denver can beat NE in two weeks i am on board tell the wheels come off

epicSocialism4tw
12-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I am on board for the most part. i think tim and the broncos need to beat some good teams. Denver has had a perfect storm on most of our wins. i mean Adrian Peterson out? Cutler and forte are out next week. If Denver can beat NE in two weeks i am on board tell the wheels come off

That NE game is going to be awesome.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:23 AM

Adrian Peterson being out was sort off negated by not having Von Miller don't you think? And anyway, whether or not we can beat good teams right now seems to be kind of a harsh measuring stick for a team that straight up sucked pre-Tebow. Look at our roster compared to New England's and tell me that you think Tebow makes our roster as good as theirs, much less better. I think we can beat them, but honestly they are far more talented than us, so a loss really shouldn't be held against Tebow.

ZONA
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
He's started exactly two FEWER career games than Andy Daulton.

When you put it like that, it really does put it into perspective at how young and how inexperienced he is. He is only going to get better and his intangibles are off the charts. He's earned the right to be the starter next year, to have a full offseason to improve on things. Let's see how that growth is at this same time next year.

Long term? He's still way too young and hasn't played at a high level long enough to warrant the label "long term" or "franchise QB". Not yet. I'm hoping though.

ZONA
12-05-2011, 01:31 AM
That NE game is going to be awesome.

If the Broncos beat NE - this place will crash due to user overload.

Archer81
12-05-2011, 01:33 AM
If Orton was our starter vs NE, I would hope for a win but know better. That would be a near automatic L. Now...well NE's defense is not that awesome. If we have to match them score for score, fine. Also...Brady has one win vs Denver in his career. So...yeah.

epicSocialism4tw
12-05-2011, 01:36 AM

The D will be jacked up for that game.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:36 AM
If Orton was our starter vs NE, I would hope for a win but know better. That would be a near automatic L. Now...well NE's defense is not that awesome. If we have to match them score for score, fine. Also...Brady has one win vs Denver in his career. So...yeah.

If Miller and Dumervil can rattle Brady, and we open up the passing game before halftime I like our chances. If Miller and Dumervil get shut down, and we keep Tebow's pass attempts under 25, not so much.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Just the thought of Brady watching film of Goodman makes me nauseous though...

Archer81
12-05-2011, 01:43 AM

I am learning not to worry about things like that. The game will unfold as it will. That said, I am a little worried about DJ vs Gronkowski. That will be a headache. The Patriots will do what NE does. We will do what we do. I like our offense vs their defense. I like our ST over theirs. They have a better offense...but their O-line is streaky. Hopefully things align and we send them back to Foxboro mumbling and pouting.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
I am learning not to worry about things like that. The game will unfold as it will. That said, I am a little worried about DJ vs Gronkowski. That will be a headache. The Patriots will do what NE does. We will do what we do. I like our offense vs their defense. I like our ST over theirs. They have a better offense...but their O-line is streaky. Hopefully things align and we send them back to Foxboro mumbling and pouting.

The key to beating Brady has always been constant pressure, and that's something we do well with Miller and Dumervil. That is such a big key to the game.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Adrian Peterson being out was sort off negated by not having Von Miller don't you think? And anyway, whether or not we can beat good teams right now seems to be kind of a harsh measuring stick for a team that straight up sucked pre-Tebow. Look at our roster compared to New England's and tell me that you think Tebow makes our roster as good as theirs, much less better. I think we can beat them, but honestly they are far more talented than us, so a loss really shouldn't be held against Tebow.

I agree, This team has played out of its mind. But i hate to say this but could they be paper tigers. much like the chiefs last year?

I will say this. this team is learning how to win. It definitely bodes well for the future. A winning culture will be paramount.

Von Miller being out i dont know exactly how it changed the dynamic of the game. However Mario Haggan had a really good game. I also think it is pretty huge for us to get Von Miller back and healthy for the NE game .. I think if we can pressure Brady into making mistakes, We can keep it close.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:54 AM
I agree, This team has played out of its mind. But i hate to say this but could they be paper tigers. much like the chiefs last year?

The thing is we've beaten some decent if not great teams this year. The Chiefs last year couldn't beat anyone with a winning record. I do think we are playing above our talent level, but that's a good thing, not a bad thing. We can build on this, improve our talent level, and really be scary in a couple years. Hell we are scary right now simply because we win close games every time, and even good teams know they can't be sure that the game won't be close against us late. Parody in the NFL can be a bitch.

Archer81
12-05-2011, 01:56 AM
The thing is we've beaten some decent if not great teams this year. The Chiefs last year couldn't beat anyone with a winning record. I do think we are playing above our talent level, but that's a good thing, not a bad thing. We can build on this, improve our talent level, and really be scary in a couple years. Hell we are scary right now simply because we win close games every time, and even good teams know they can't be sure that the game won't be close against us late. Parody in the NFL can be a b****.

So can parity, I hear. :thumbs:

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 02:06 AM
So can parity, I hear. :thumbs:

Homophones are a bitch as well when typing quickly, and always will be, at least for me. Hilarious!

R8R H8R
12-05-2011, 03:05 AM

Not at all that far-fetched really. I didn't see the game, but I saw that the
Colts ran up 21 unanswered points on them in the forth. Belicheck can't be happy about that.

fontaine
12-05-2011, 03:13 AM

This is true. We're not going to know if he's the long term answer or not anytime soon.

The idea is for him to show development, adjust to the speed of the game and complexity of nfl level defenses while still showing his natural toughness and will to win.

Gort
12-05-2011, 05:33 AM

this.

if we win that game, it's because the entire secondary plays lights out and we have schemed specifically to take away Brady's weapons in the passing game.

this is the sort of matchup which will show how far beyond fair the current rules favor a passing offense over passing defense.

we'll also need a great pass rush that day and somebody to shut down their TE Gronkowski.

Jesterhole
12-05-2011, 06:22 AM
The front office is going to take a quarterback in the upcoming draft. Why wouldn't they, after this season we'll only have Tim and Adam on the roster. We'll need a third and fourth guy just for camp, so I can imagine taking a guy and signing a vet.

In any case, the question is how high up a pick are they going to use? If they spend a 1st or 2nd, we can assume the FO has not bought into Tebow and want to develop 'their' guy. If they go later than that, then we'll be going with Tebow on into the sunset.

However, all Tim has done is everything they've asked up him, plus win most of his games. He is improving as a pocket passer, while still relying on the strong parts of his game to make things happen.

That scramble where he finally got the ball off to DT for a touchdown...maybe a handful of other QB's in the league can make that play. It also shows him using his athletic ability to extend a play, while also showing him maturing in that he kept looking down field to make a play, rather than just tucking and running.

Hopefully the FO will take into account all the things that Tim brings, and have a vision of how he can improve and where he can get to, and we can focus on rebuilding the rest of the team.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 06:55 AM
To come here and have to defend our 6-1 QB after the best game of his career is tough for me to understand.

What's even tougher to understand is why you feel the need to do that condsidering the poll results in this thread. Lighten up, Francis. Nobody is attacked Tebow. Some people still have some mild doubts and concerns, Tebow doesn't need you defending him against that. He's doing a fine job building a case for himself on his own.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 07:30 AM

Learn to read before erasing any doubt of how ignorant you really are.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 07:35 AM

He and his cop friends get together, sing kumbaya,do some coke which they stole during the last bust, and then cornhole each other.

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Whats with all the we talk? You got a turd in your pocket? Nobody is on your side you hyperventilating old dumb ass. What is my next brilliant draft assignment?? I'm assuming you meant assessment, but you are too ****ing stupid, and too ****ing blind to read and write a post that makes any sense. I don't think your a ****ing idiot because of your opinion, I think you're a ****ing idiot because of the stupid $hit that come out of your mouth. Being old doesn't make you smarter, in this case it has regressed your intelligence level you stupid old bastard.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
What's even tougher to understand is why you feel the need to do that condsidering the poll results in this thread. Lighten up, Francis. Nobody is attacked Tebow. Some people still have some mild doubts and concerns, Tebow doesn't need you defending him against that. He's doing a fine job building a case for himself on his own.

I think I came to the realization (late) that my 'defending' served no purpose. When you take in the whole picture, as I should have, you see that no matter what happens, the debbie downers will find a hook to grab and spin.

Not every team gets the next Tom Brady on the roster. He's a once-or-twice in a generation kind of guy. What we have here is people saying "until he proves he's the next Tom Brady, I'll have my doubts about the long term"

Good for you. You're probably going to live your entire lives having doubts about the long term. I'm going to be thrilled about watching the world's one and only Tim Tebow in a Broncos uniform, just to learn what he's capable of.

At the end of the day, two different perspectives. No reconciling the two, so we may as well call it a day.

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I think I came to the realization (late) that my 'defending' served no purpose. When you take in the whole picture, as I should have, you see that no matter what happens, the debbie downers will find a hook to grab and spin.

Not every team gets the next Tom Brady on the roster. He's a once-or-twice in a generation kind of guy. What we have here is people saying "until he proves he's the next Tom Brady, I'll have my doubts about the long term"

Good for you. You're probably going to live your entire lives having doubts about the long term. I'm going to be thrilled about watching the world's one and only Tim Tebow in a Broncos uniform, just to learn what he's capable of.

At the end of the day, two different perspectives. No reconciling the two, so we may as well call it a day.

Nobody says he has to be the next Tom Brady. What we have here is someone who can't understand that good or bad every QB is scrutinized. Tebow gets more than his fair share because he came into the league with a cult following bigger than some NFL TEAMS, everybody wanted him to succeed or fail. . . He isn't being a whiny child about it why are you?

We all will be watching the one and only Tim Tebow, some just weren't as optimistic as you, but we are starting to be, so unruffle your panties.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
everybody wanted him to succeed or fail. . .

That's all that needs to be said, right there.

Spider
12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
That's all that needs to be said, right there.

the more simple the post , the more you understand .. we gotta name for that

jhns
12-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Nobody says he has to be the next Tom Brady. What we have here is someone who can't understand that good or bad every QB is scrutinized. Tebow gets more than his fair share because he came into the league with a cult following bigger than some NFL TEAMS, everybody wanted him to succeed or fail. . . He isn't being a whiny child about it why are you?

We all will be watching the one and only Tim Tebow, some just weren't as optimistic as you, but we are starting to be, so unruffle your panties.

Says the guy that was claiming we were starting a FB at QB. The guy tgat claimed he would never be good...

Now you guys see why it is so retarded to want a player on your team to fail. You look like a raider fan, for one. Second, they make you look realllllly retarded when they succeed. You were hating on somwthing that was really good for this franchise as you claimed to be a fan of this franchise...

barryr
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Says the guy that was claiming we were starting a FB at QB. The guy tgat claimed he would never be good...

Now you guys see why it is so retarded to want a player on your team to fail. You look like a raider fan, for one. Second, they make you look realllllly retarded when they succeed. You were hating on somwthing that was really good for this franchise as you claimed to be a fan of this franchise...

What I find sad is fans of other teams coming in here and bashing Tebow and those supposed Bronco fans not defending Tebow or simply ignoring those posts, but actually agreeing with them. Pathetic!

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 08:59 AM

**** you

jhns
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
**** you

No, **** you raider fans...

bronclvr
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
God Bless Tim Tebow.

Spider
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM

:rofl: I see so if you are not down on your hands and Knees slurping up tebow man juice , then your a rider fan .........either you are gay for Tebow , or a Raider fan .....classic

jhns
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
:rofl: I see so if you are not down on your hands and Knees slurping up tebow man juice , then your a rider fan .........either you are gay for Tebow , or a Raider fan .....classic

It is no surprise that the trucker is too uneducated to read.

Spider
12-05-2011, 09:06 AM
It is no surprise that the trucker is too uneducated to read.

thats it ? ..... LMAO way to go ...Genius

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 09:08 AM
No, **** you raider fans...

No, **** you chiefs fan....

jhns
12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
No, **** you chiefs fan....

Insults don't work when they don't make sense...

God bless.

bendog
12-05-2011, 09:17 AM
No diss, but I dont see the reason for the poll. Tebow had a good game, certainly his best. But, no one knows whether this offense can get past the truly good defenses like Balt or Pitt or SF. No one can know how good Tebow will ever throw. Like Elway said, you can't coach mechanics much during a season, cause the team is practicing a game plan, not skills.

Elway said his job was to win a championship, but the reality is it's to put fans butts in club seats and halt the non-renewal of seas tix. No matter how he or anyone else feels about Tebow, there's no option but to ride him and see how far he can go. To do otherwise would further enrage the irrational Tebow-love, and it'd be stupid football-wise as well.

So I dunno how to vote. I don't know if Tebow is the QBOF, but i'd be shocked and ticked like I was ticked with McJosh if they don't give him a full offseason and 2012 to find out.

bendog
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Insults don't work when they don't make sense...

God bless.

it's not possible to insult you. you insult yourself with every post you make. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt because the McJo****es unhinged you, but you engage in nothing but petty internet insults to somehow give you some sense of personal worth/cred.

Spider
12-05-2011, 09:20 AM
No diss, but I dont see the reason for the poll. Tebow had a good game, certainly his best. But, no one knows whether this offense can get past the truly good defenses like Balt or Pitt or SF. No one can know how good Tebow will ever throw. Like Elway said, you can't coach mechanics much during a season, cause the team is practicing a game plan, not skills.

Elway said his job was to win a championship, but the reality is it's to put fans butts in club seats and halt the non-renewal of seas tix. No matter how he or anyone else feels about Tebow, there's no option but to ride him and see how far he can go. To do otherwise would further enrage the irrational Tebow-love, and it'd be stupid football-wise as well.

So I dunno how to vote. I don't know if Tebow is the QBOF, but i'd be shocked and ticked like I was ticked with McJosh if they don't give him a full offseason and 2012 to find out.
OMT ( oh my Tebow..clever huh ;) ..) Since your not blowing Tebow , you are a Raider fan ......... Just found out myself bout this new rule ;)

jhns
12-05-2011, 09:21 AM
it's not possible to insult you. you insult yourself with every post you make. I used to give you the benefit of the doubt because the McJo****es unhinged you, but you engage in nothing but petty internet insults to somehow give you some sense of personal worth/cred.

You are just mad because you have continually been proven so wrong. I forgive you.

God bless.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 09:23 AM

Considering he has nothing else to give him a sense of pride......This IS all he has of value in his miserable life.

jhns
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Considering he has nothing else to give him a sense of pride......This IS all he has of value in his miserable life.

Says the fat slob that does nothing but cry on the internet.

I honestly feel sorry for you.

Miss I.
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
OMT ( oh my Tebow..clever huh ;) ..) Since your not blowing Tebow , you are a Raider fan ......... Just found out myself bout this new rule ;)

Oh excellent, I am not a Raider fan...ooops, he told me not to tell, though technically we follow the Bill Clinton rule about that not being sex or anything. ;D

Sorry, i could not help it. I shoud've but I am jetlagged right now. :kiss:

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 09:33 AM

I think most people in football would take it as a given that Tebow gets next offseason camp and a full season to lead this team. What I was trying to get at is a different mind-set. It's the difference between showing a couple of aces and betting high, or knowing you've got two more hidden and pushing all your chips into the middle of the table.

I'm sure the Bengals, for example, are planning the years to come around Dalton. The issue is settled, for them. At least, I can't imagine that it isn't. But because of the differences in Tebow's game, that decision is being drawn out and argued over in Denver (actually, all over the country). So I was curious to see where the OM members stand on the issue now. At the end of the season, I'll probably do it again. ;D

I guess I should have phrased the questions, would you now bet really high on Tebow, or go ahead and push every chip you've got out into the pot?

Spider
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh excellent, I am not a Raider fan...ooops, he told me not to tell, though technically we follow the Bill Clinton rule about that not being sex or anything. ;D

Sorry, i could not help it. I shoud've but I am jetlagged right now. :kiss:

:~ohyah!:

El Juť
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Long term is a tricky thing in this league. I'm not sold on anyone but proven elite players with a track record of a couple of seasons at least of speedy improvement, and QBs can take more than a couple of seasons to prove that they're elite.

I hope Tebow achieves that status. There are none happier than I am to witness the success of Tim Tebow as a football player, a man, and an emerging example of living with a grateful, winning attitude.

Oh, crap. I said evolving.

bronco militia
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/koolaidcolorink.gif

chawknz
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Weeks prior, I've been in the "Like what I'm seeing, but let's see more". Today I am sold. All in on Tebow!

Vine
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
McBleed Orange and Blue cannot possibly be a real Broncos fan.

jhns
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
McBleed Orange and Blue cannot possibly be a real Broncos fan.

No McFan has ever been a real Bronco fan.

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
No McFan has ever been a real Bronco fan.

Mc**** yourself douche bag.

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/koolaidcolorink.gif

Heh. That guy looks familiar. :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-52YT9zp5YSI/Tf6mhAOUSSI/AAAAAAAAAis/X3JZnwvzZJ4/s1600/Debbie+Downer.jpg

Pick Six
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
He looked much better today. I think McCoy and Fox are slowly letting out the leash a little. They were kinda forced to today because Minn's DL took the run option's away early but it worked out better for us seeing Tebow develop.

I expect a similar game plan against Da Bears. Like the Vikings, the Bears have a very good run defense and a very poor pass defense...