PDA

View Full Version : Let's Check the OM Waters on Tebow

Pages : 1 [2]

bendog
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I think most people in football would take it as a given that Tebow gets next offseason camp and a full season to lead this team. What I was trying to get at is a different mind-set. It's the difference between showing a couple of aces and betting high, or knowing you've got two more hidden and pushing all your chips into the middle of the table.

I'm sure the Bengals, for example, are planning the years to come around Dalton. The issue is settled, for them. At least, I can't imagine that it isn't. But because of the differences in Tebow's game, that decision is being drawn out and argued over in Denver (actually, all over the country). So I was curious to see where the OM members stand on the issue now. At the end of the season, I'll probably do it again. ;D

I guess I should have phrased the questions, would you now bet really high on Tebow, or go ahead and push every chip you've got out into the pot?

Ok. I understand now. I'll go all in. Just my personal opinion, and for what it's worth I'm "betting" tebow is the QBOF and who, assuming the talent is assembled, can win more than one Lombardi.

But, as a bronco fan, I know even if I'm wrong it's not the end of the world(-: The worse that happens is that he suddenly hit's his ceiling and teams figure out that unless they turn over the ball, we probably can't beat them. Den goes 6-10, and Elway finds a new horse to ride.

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I expect a similar game plan against Da Bears. Like the Vikings, the Bears have a very good run defense and a very poor pass defense...

Bears are 30th against the pass, NE is 32nd. Similar plans the next 2 weeks, but we need Von back to keep the rush going, and we CAN"T get into a shootout against Brady and Co..

Unfortunately we had to show DT off a bit in the Minny game, but its all good as it gives teams another problem to worry about and it also means that Tebow can beat you with his arm which means antoher problem for defenses to consider.

We need Tebow to be effective throwing and finding open guys and McGahee to continue beast mode th enext two weeks. Royal dinged up is bad, so Fells and the TEs have to step up.

Not too worried about the Bears without Forte and Cutler, but Gronkowski is going to be the key to stopping NE.

alkemical
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
NE's strength on D is the RunD. They've been the most consistent there.

bendog
12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
yeah. I'm not gung ho about NE, and I certainly thought Lambchop would like Den up, but with him and Forte down .... I think Den's D might keep the score low.

Mogulseeker
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I wanted Pouncey so I wasn't wrong, but definitely was this year when I wanted Dareus over Miller.

I wanted Dareus until right a couple days before the draft. I saw the sports science piece on Von Miller and was immediately sold.

Anyone have the new Madden? Von Miller has got to be like 99 ACC.

Mile High Mojoe
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Whats with all the we talk? You got a turd in your pocket? Nobody is on your side you hyperventilating old dumb ass. What is my next brilliant draft assignment?? I'm assuming you meant assessment, but you are too ****ing stupid, and too ****ing blind to read and write a post that makes any sense. I don't think your a ****ing idiot because of your opinion, I think you're a ****ing idiot because of the stupid $hit that come out of your mouth. Being old doesn't make you smarter, in this case it has regressed your intelligence level you stupid old bastard.

It really pleases me to light a fire under your ass today. You know what Iím happier about? Winning.

For almost a month and half the Broncos have been winning, some of the games were not a thing of beauty at the time but are still wins. During that time weíve been subjected to post after post from guys like you, Roh, TGN, Rev, and Spider who had given up on the Broncos at game 6 of the NFL Season and had totally dismissed the idea of winning because of a personal hate and grudge for Tebow. This group was ready to throw in the towel and do whatís been done on this site for the last 5 years and thatís look to next yearís draft or next yearís QB. This year it started after game 5 of the NFL season, with 11, yes 11 games yet to be played.

I guess Iím different, when Tebow started his first game against the Fins I was just a fan being in the moment watching a game hoping my team would win one. I didnít have the TV remote in one hand and my iPhone in the other checking the latest college QBís statistics from the day before or trying to figure where the Broncos draft position would be if we lost to them.

The height of the insanity came when I saw a thread posted by Kaylore. Kaylore is one of the best posters on this board. Heís an intelligent even handed guy whoís as die hard as they get. But even he had been driven to think more of next year than this one with a thread that calculated what the Broncos losing percentage would be as it related to next yearís draft. Iím sorry that just goes beyond anything I could possibly image going into week 6 of an NFL Season

In the beginning I had my doubts about Tebow too. Today (And thatís what really matters) the guy is real live Clark Kent. As Kent Iím not sure heíll ever be a Superman which is fine with me, as long as he continues to improve and more importantly helps the team win I donít care what he does off the field.

I think the doubters and haters would much rather have a Dark Knight than a Clark Kent. A cerebral Batman type QB whoís a genius on the field and off it. Tebow isnít that complicated, his life is orderly and simple. He puts all of his love and faith in God 1st and then loves his family 2nd and lastly is completely devoted to being the best team football player he can be.

Personally I think those are qualities to be admired not hated. Weíve been subjected to a whole league full of thugs that have committing every terrible vice known to man and call it acceptable but we canít accept Tebow? He wears his faith on his sleeve and he comes from a very successful Florida program that sets him up to burned at the stake by a bunch of wolves who hate the idea of a goodie 2 shoes succeeding at anything let alone a QB of their team.

Winning supersedes all ills, winning breedís confidence; winning no matter how some of you would like to apologize for it or say itís a fluke is still winning. The wins in week 6 and 8 no matter how ugly they were will only matter because they bring the Broncos one game closer to winning the AFC West and a playoff berth.

Itís too bad more Broncos Fans canít get use to the idea of winning and Tebow as the QBOTF. Iím having the time of my life right now. I canít wait to see the Bears game. If the Broncos make the playoffs win or lose itíll go down in Broncos lore as one of the greatest seasonís ever in my book because so many had written them off and many of them are so called Broncos fans.

Crushaholic
12-05-2011, 02:07 PM
yeah. I'm not gung ho about NE, and I certainly thought Lambchop would like Den up, but with him and Forte down .... I think Den's D might keep the score low.

If the Denver defense manages to neutralize the Patriots offense, that will make me a very, very, happy (and shocked) fan...

Spider
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
During that time weíve been subjected to post after post from guys like Spider who had given up on the Broncos at game 6 of the NFL Season and had totally dismissed the idea of winning because of a personal hate and grudge for Tebow.

LMFAO you are such a bald face liar ..........I would ask you to pull up one post of miine to prove this , but everyone pretty much knows you are an idiot , I suggest you stay in Oregon , perfect place for you .. Batchit crazy ****er

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
It really pleases me to light a fire under your ass today. You know what Iím happier about? Winning.

For almost a month and half the Broncos have been winning, some of the games were not a thing of beauty at the time but are still wins. During that time weíve been subjected to post after post from guys like you, Roh, TGN, Rev, and Spider who had given up on the Broncos at game 6 of the NFL Season and had totally dismissed the idea of winning because of a personal hate and grudge for Tebow. This group was ready to throw in the towel and do whatís been done on this site for the last 5 years and thatís look to next yearís draft or next yearís QB. This year it started after game 5 of the NFL season, with 11, yes 11 games yet to be played.

I guess Iím different, when Tebow started his first game against the Fins I was just a fan being in the moment watching a game hoping my team would win one. I didnít have the TV remote in one hand and my iPhone in the other checking the latest college QBís statistics from the day before or trying to figure where the Broncos draft position would be if we lost to them.

The height of the insanity came when I saw a thread posted by Kaylore. Kaylore is one of the best posters on this board. Heís an intelligent even handed guy whoís as die hard as they get. But even he had been driven to think more of next year than this one with a thread that calculated what the Broncos losing percentage would be as it related to next yearís draft. Iím sorry that just goes beyond anything I could possibly image going into week 6 of an NFL Season

In the beginning I had my doubts about Tebow too. Today (And thatís what really matters) the guy is real live Clark Kent. As Kent Iím not sure heíll ever be a Superman which is fine with me, as long as he continues to improve and more importantly helps the team win I donít care what he does off the field.

I think the doubters and haters would much rather have a Dark Knight than a Clark Kent. A cerebral Batman type QB whoís a genius on the field and off it. Tebow isnít that complicated, his life is orderly and simple. He puts all of his love and faith in God 1st and then loves his family 2nd and lastly is completely devoted to being the best team football player he can be.

Personally I think those are qualities to be admired not hated. Weíve been subjected to a whole league full of thugs that have committing every terrible vice known to man and call it acceptable but we canít accept Tebow? He wears his faith on his sleeve and he comes from a very successful Florida program that sets him up to burned at the stake by a bunch of wolves who hate the idea of a goodie 2 shoes succeeding at anything let alone a QB of their team.

Winning supersedes all ills, winning breedís confidence; winning no matter how some of you would like to apologize for it or say itís a fluke is still winning. The wins in week 6 and 8 no matter how ugly they were will only matter because they bring the Broncos one game closer to winning the AFC West and a playoff berth.

Itís too bad more Broncos Fans canít get use to the idea of winning and Tebow as the QBOTF. Iím having the time of my life right now. I canít wait to see the Bears game. If the Broncos make the playoffs win or lose itíll go down in Broncos lore as one of the greatest seasonís ever in my book because so many had written them off and many of them are so called Broncos fans.

Look, if you truly want to only see one opinion (same as yours) posted here on the Mane, that can easily be accomplished through the liberal use of the ignore feature. I heartily recommend it as my guess your blood pressure would improve. See an opinion you don't like? Go into User CP >Friends and place that poster on iggy and there's no more need to complain about "posts you're subjected to".

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
It really pleases me to light a fire under your ass today. You know what Iím happier about? Winning...

Just stop posting. None of this **** is true. It's all in your head. Get a paper bag and breathe into it a few times before posting.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Look, if you truly want to only see one opinion (same as yours) posted here on the Mane, that can easily be accomplished through the liberal use of the ignore feature. I heartily recommend it as my guess your blood pressure would improve. See an opinion you don't like? Go into User CP >Friends and place that poster on iggy and there's no more need to complain about "posts you're subjected to".

Or become a mod and ban people you disagree with.

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 03:34 PM

If you have an issue with any bans I've imposed, then I'm happy to discuss it via PM.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
If you have an issue with any bans I've imposed, then I'm happy to discuss it via PM.

Lol. That would defeat the point.

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM

:rofl::rofl::giggle:

Unkind,:~ohyah!: but funny anyway

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Lol. That would defeat the point.

Communication is the entire point of a message board. I'm assuming the reference is Agamemnon's well-deserved 7-day ban. I've heard more crying about that one than any decision I've ever made here. I'm not sorry for banning him and would instantly do it again if he posted the same post a second time.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Communication is the entire point of a message board. I'm assuming the reference is Agamemnon's well-deserved 7-day ban. I've heard more crying about that one than any decision I've ever made here. I'm not sorry for banning him and would instantly do it again if he posted the same post a second time.

I'm no fan of the guy, but he didn't deserve it. Too bad the thread is deleted. The mere fact that anyone complained about his banning ought to raise a doubt in your mind about how "well deserved" it was.

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM

It's so funny seeing you post anything anymore. And your little boxed-in-comment is classic...perhaps you should add a further disclaimer or two.

And now back to the real point of the thread...

Long Term Answer?

I don't know how anyone can think Tebow isn't the long term answer much less deny that Tebow IS the long term answer. The real question is will the FO and the coaches GO ALL IN and is there enough talent throughout this team (FO - to - ballboy) to finish this year strong and make wise decisions during the offseason.

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm no fan of the guy, but he didn't deserve it. Too bad the thread is deleted. The mere fact that anyone complained about his banning ought to raise a doubt in your mind about how "well deserved" it was.

So your contention is that gender-based bigotry is not only acceptable, it should be condoned and even encouraged. Nice.

mwill07
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
last night, I voted 'unsure', but couldn't really articulate why. Well, I've been thinking aboit it, and I think I know what I want to see: 60 minutes of good football. That's it. I want to see one complete game where the offense plays well from the opening possession until the final whistle. One game that doesn't require a pick-6. Onr game where the broncos take a lead into halftime, and then extend it. One game where Tebow completes easy and difficult throws all day, amd the offense hums like a finely tuned machine. One game with more offensive scores than punts.

I don't think this is too much to ask of a QBOTF. It's what NFL QB's are supposed to do, especially against inferior talent.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
So your contention is that gender-based bigotry is not only acceptable, it should be condoned and even encouraged. Nice.

Where did I say that? I said it wasn't ban worthy. Also, is gender-based bigotry the only ban worthy form of bigotry around here?

bowtown
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Doctors are homos.

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Where did I say that? I said it wasn't ban worthy. Also, is gender-based bigotry the only ban worthy form of bigotry around here?

Let's please take this to PM instead of continuing to derail the thread.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Doctors are homos.

http://www.haiersmedical.com/image/Cartridges%20%20of%20hemorrhoids%20staplers.jpg

Don't be jealous that I get more ass than Blart.

Gort
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Doctors are homos.

ruh roh!

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/DwmbR53/large/permabanned-gif.gif

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.haiersmedical.com/image/Cartridges%20%20of%20hemorrhoids%20staplers.jpg

Don't be jealous that I get more ass than Blart.

Anybody else want to know just what the hell that is and equally glad we don't??

broncogary
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Anybody else want to know just what the hell that is and equally glad we don't??

Let's just say that if he used it on you, you would be TotallyScrewed. :~ohyah!:

Gort
12-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Let's just say that if he used it on you, you would be TotallyScrewed. :~ohyah!:

or better yet, TotallyStapled.

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Let's just leave it at: I'm TotallyScrewed for a multiple of reasons...and the "screwing" is total. And I'm having a hard time moving on...*sniff* ^5

Still, I'm glad that I don't personally know a thing about that "tool"!

Jay3
12-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Rep.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Just go to hell, you ****ing asshole. You speak of others as if you knew who the are and what they think and do. **** YOU you POS!

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM

STFU you fake ass Mfer!

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/Amazing_thread_RE_bronies-s397x317-152687.jpg

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM

Homophobic bigotry is completely tolerated, what's the difference with gender bigotry here Blue?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 05:57 PM
STFU you fake ass Mfer!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rns-cNl1kvM/TeqOr3HckgI/AAAAAAAADEA/lsn6Wr00vu8/s1600/billy-dee-lol-he-mad.jpg

rbackfactory80
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Homophobic bigotry is completely tolerated, what's the difference with gender bigotry here Blue?

Actually, I think I have an answer.

We have a woman moderator.
We don't have a gay moderator.

I hope I have answered your question.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Actually, I think I have an answer.

We have a woman moderator.
We don't have a gay moderator.

I hope I have answered your question.

I have SoCal suspicions...

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 06:15 PM

I don't think homophobic bigotry should be tolerated either. No one should be discriminated against solely based on something they were born with.

SureShot
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't think homophobic bigotry should be tolerated either. No one should be discriminated against solely based on something they were born with.

Then get with the banning already. What are you waiting for?

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Unless they are a mod. Then you have to put up with any stupid **** they feel like saying...

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 06:29 PM

That hurts my feelings. I like you Doc... ;)

Archer81
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
WTF happened to this thread?

:Broncos:

Crushaholic
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Exactly. What the hell happened?

Blueflame
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Unless they are a mod. Then you have to put up with any stupid **** they feel like saying...

Your mouse is equipped with a "scroll" button, is it not?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 06:42 PM

It went from projecting to witch hunt, that's what happened.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
3 phases doctor...

Archer81
12-05-2011, 06:45 PM
It went from projecting to witch hunt, that's what happened.

Apparently.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM

I didn't see it in the "rules" then again I didn't see anything about making our owner look like Hitler in there either but, that got a poster banned.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM

i dont really know one minute civil debate discussion about tebow now bronco fans cyber fighting and accusing each other of stuff.:giggle: btw did you steal my remote control to my tv one of you sob did now fess up

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Well alrighty then. Thought I would give friendly debate on the Mane one more shot. Not gonna happen.

yeah that went to hell in a hand basket real quick

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
If Monday Night Football were more entertaining...

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
If Monday Night Football were more entertaining...

LOL Rep

Turd_Ferguson
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
You know, if you'd just stop posting this dumbass stuff and instead keep posting more of your vacation pics, you'd make lots more friends. I'll bet you're a party animal when it's slide show time.

Wait when were these vacation pics posted?

Spider
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Wait when were these vacation pics posted?

I dont remember but Mojoe got his ass handed to him

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 08:05 PM
My dogs name is Mojo (no e), but he's quite intelligent.

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 08:25 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DneHIDDFMpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DneHIDDFMpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No filth flarn flarn filth in that clip.

Bacchus
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
I was on some vike boards aftere the game and a few of them mentioned that Tebow reminds them of Joe Capp. He through the ugliest passes in the world but he did lead Minnesota to a SB.

DENVERDUI55
07-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Bump

TDmvp
07-27-2014, 09:31 PM
From the world of who gives a **** slash no **** , people get stuff wrong ...
And Therefor not a **** was given by any.

Ambiguous
07-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Bump

Wow. You are a real asshole, I respect that.

Guess Who
07-28-2014, 01:42 AM
wow.... fans are stupid.

Arkie
07-28-2014, 04:14 AM
wow.... fans are stupid.

GB2

maher_tyler
07-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Even the best posters get stuff wrong.

Chrissy Rules
07-28-2014, 11:17 AM
wow.... fans are stupid.

and you are just picking up on that..LOL

SleepingTiger
07-28-2014, 11:49 AM
LOL at the mane posters. you guys are dorks. i swear, all you so called experts think you all know everything. you all suck

to be fair, i would of voted that Tebow was our next great QB.

I can understand why we felt Tebow was the answer at the time. but who would of thought we would sign the 2nd GOAT QB (Elway probably was banking on signing Manning). I bet our perspective would be different now if we hadn't sign Manning.

bpc
07-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I don't see the point of bringing this back to life. Tebow had a pretty damn successful run here. It allowed a platform for us to get to where we are now. No reason to bash him or posters that enjoyed our resurgence during that time.

A painful admission is that the Tebow led Bronco teams probably would have played the Super Bowl vs. the Seahawks MUCH CLOSER than our all-star cast that showed up. (one could also argue that we probably would have never made it to the game with Tebow as well) SB48 would have been played faster, the clock would have ran more, the defense would have got more rest, we probably would have turned it over less and it would have ended up being a TD affair vs. a 35 pt beat-down that we got. Does it say Tebow is better than Manning? Nope. The style of game would have changed 100% and we probably would have matched up better on offense and defense. It would have been a field position game. We probably still would have lost but there are some x-factors that could have helped us as well, namely a running threat QB which is the Seabags weakness.

Broncos_OTM
07-28-2014, 12:39 PM
I was on the unsure, leaning towards not. Go me

BroncofanDK
07-28-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't see the point of bringing this back to life. Tebow had a pretty damn successful run here. It allowed a platform for us to get to where we are now. No reason to bash him or posters that enjoyed our resurgence during that time.

A painful admission is that the Tebow led Bronco teams probably would have played the Super Bowl vs. the Seahawks MUCH CLOSER than our all-star cast that showed up. (one could also argue that we probably would have never made it to the game with Tebow as well) SB48 would have been played faster, the clock would have ran more, the defense would have got more rest, we probably would have turned it over less and it would have ended up being a TD affair vs. a 35 pt beat-down that we got. Does it say Tebow is better than Manning? Nope. The style of game would have changed 100% and we probably would have matched up better on offense and defense. It would have been a field position game. We probably still would have lost but there are some x-factors that could have helped us as well, namely a running threat QB which is the Seabags weakness.

Nice with a balanced perspective. As lucky as we are having Manning in Denver, the Tebow led team had its own character. Tebow himself was flawed as a player and totally awesome when bullets were flying and something needed to happen.

None of us know if he would have fallen flat on his face in 2012 or developed into a very solid QB. I believe the latter at the drive/leadership was inspiring.

Enter The Dragon
08-03-2014, 04:06 PM
What happened to the Tebow for hire thread? Sorta entertaining.

TailgateNut
08-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Nice with a balanced perspective. As lucky as we are having Manning in Denver, the Tebow led team had its own character. Tebow himself was flawed as a player and totally awesome when bullets were flying and something needed to happen.

None of us know if he would have fallen flat on his face in 2012 or developed into a very solid QB. I believe the latter at the drive/leadership was inspiring.

I love how you and a few select other geniuses seem to know better than all the coaches/ scouts and managers that Timmy just needs another chance......No ONE (who is in a position to hire him) agrees with you. Stop beating a dead horse.

Guess Who
08-14-2014, 12:32 AM

Still ****ing that chicken huh BCP. At least you are consistent and hey if it feels good go ahead and keep doing it.

Miss I.
08-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Damn, I was wrong. which is rare. It only happens 1x every hour every day. :-) But I am okay being wrong because we got Peyton Manning, though I don't think there was a cause-effect connection there, just coincidence. I liked Tim. I still like Tim but yes I do like Manning as my QB better. Crazy that. Is the bump so we can be reminded that as we discuss Twilight's future we might be wrong?

Kaylore
08-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Damn, I was wrong. which is rare. It only happens 1x every hour every day. :-) But I am okay being wrong because we got Peyton Manning, though I don't think there was a cause-effect connection there, just coincidence. I liked Tim. I still like Tim but yes I do like Manning as my QB better. Crazy that. Is the bump so we can be reminded that as we discuss Twilight's future we might be wrong?

This poll was RIGHT after the Vikings game. First, I think holding anyone to their opinions right after a game, win or lose, isn't fair. Tebow had arguably his most prolific day of the regular season. He was 10/15 for 200 yards and 2 TD's. He was coming off an OT win against the Chargers. Things were looking up. The next four games - Chicago, New England, Buffalo and Chiefs at home, all showcased that he had been figured out and had stopped progressing. Not being able to score more than one TD at home was damning. Two of those losses were embarrassing blowouts. If this poll had been put up at the end of the season things would have been very different.

TonyR
08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
This poll was RIGHT after the Vikings game. First, I think holding anyone to their opinions right after a game, win or lose, isn't fair.

Yup, I was thinking the exact same thing. We'd just won our 5th straight, and 6th of our last 7. "Tebow Magic" was near it's peak. I got sucked in. Most of us did. How could you not? His major flaws were masked by all the bewildering, intense euphoria.

ludo21
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I just voted, "YES he is the answer!"

Cause I was all in at that point in time.

Arkie
08-14-2014, 09:48 AM

11 out of the 12 that voted "no", voted after it was bumped. PaintballCLE was originally the only guy who voted no in 2011.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-14-2014, 09:58 AM
11 out of the 12 that voted "no", voted after it was bumped. PaintballCLE was originally the only guy who voted no in 2011.

Yep that's what I did.

All this poll shows me is that people here back then gave him a chance. Most, not all, Realized after that he can't play QB in the NFL and came to terms with it. While a few still think he would perform better than Manning in an important game.

Garcia Bronco
08-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Yep this poll was right after a sweet win and the Broncos Bump

crush17
08-14-2014, 10:33 AM
dooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn't
caaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrre

v2micca
08-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Huh, I had completely forgotten about this poll. Kind of surprised I choose the third option. I normally lose my mind over young Quarterback prospects that show the least bit of talent. (Provided they can spell their tattoos correctly)

oubronco
08-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Who?

McDman
08-15-2014, 12:18 PM
MHM is one of the dumbest people to ever grace this board.

BroncofanDK
08-16-2014, 04:07 AM
This poll was RIGHT after the Vikings game. First, I think holding anyone to their opinions right after a game, win or lose, isn't fair. Tebow had arguably his most prolific day of the regular season. He was 10/15 for 200 yards and 2 TD's. He was coming off an OT win against the Chargers. Things were looking up. The next four games - Chicago, New England, Buffalo and Chiefs at home, all showcased that he had been figured out and had stopped progressing. Not being able to score more than one TD at home was damning. Two of those losses were embarrassing blowouts. If this poll had been put up at the end of the season things would have been very different.

If the poll had been done when Tebow was still our starting QB, very few would have had a negative opinion and many more would have been neutral. 4th Q against Buffalo and the KC game in week 17 were total failure at QB, whereas the blowouts against Patriots were much more about the 11 TD's that Brady threw, than failure of a young inexperienced QB.

While the teams average win rate with TT projected a 10-6 average record, no one could be in doubt that play calling that called for more than 95% chance of a run on 1st downs didn't really fool opponents.

Had Manning not come to Denver, we would have seen how far Tebow could develop, and this poll taken in 2012 if he had started would likely have been rather clear cut, as he would either have build on his strengths to be successful or been repeatedly exposed for his limitations.

peacepipe
08-16-2014, 04:23 AM
If the poll had been done when Tebow was still our starting QB, very few would have had a negative opinion and many more would have been neutral. 4th Q against Buffalo and the KC game in week 17 were total failure at QB, whereas the blowouts against Patriots were much more about the 11 TD's that Brady threw, than failure of a young inexperienced QB.

While the teams average win rate with TT projected a 10-6 average record, no one could be in doubt that play calling that called for more than 95% chance of a run on 1st downs didn't really fool opponents.

Had Manning not come to Denver, we would have seen how far Tebow could develop, and this poll taken in 2012 if he had started would likely have been rather clear cut, as he would either have build on his strengths to be successful or been repeatedly exposed for his limitations.

Lol the play calling was a result of tebow not being able to do anything else.

2nd they were getting rid of tebow regardless of whether manning came or not. Tebow was simply not cut out for the nfl as QB.

TailgateNut
08-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Tebow as a NFL QB is akin to Cinderella as a foot soldier in Nam......

Miss I.
08-16-2014, 04:36 AM
Tebow as a NFL QB is akin to Cinderella as a foot soldier in Nam......

Dude, she be walking on glass shoes without breaking them, she'd probably be more successful. ;D

Guess Who
08-16-2014, 06:04 AM
I just voted to stick with Tebow. I hate being part of a minority.

BroncofanDK
08-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Lol the play calling was a result of tebow not being able to do anything else.

2nd they were getting rid of tebow regardless of whether manning came or not. Tebow was simply not cut out for the nfl as QB.

LOL, there was no way that Elway had gotten rid of Tebow in 2012 without someone as Manning coming in. Rumour had it that Elway was really high on Brandon Weeden, and there is no way that Elway would turn the Broncos into that Browns. Quite a bit would have had to happen for Tebow not to start in 2012. He would have gotten the same treatment as Orton did in 2011, had he made as much of a stink of it, but it was the Manning acquisition that made TT irrelevant for 2012.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2014, 01:58 PM
LOL, there was no way that Elway had gotten rid of Tebow in 2012 without someone as Manning coming in. Rumour had it that Elway was really high on Brandon Weeden, and there is no way that Elway would turn the Broncos into that Browns. Quite a bit would have had to happen for Tebow not to start in 2012. He would have gotten the same treatment as Orton did in 2011, had he made as much of a stink of it, but it was the Manning acquisition that made TT irrelevant for THE REST OF HIS FOOTBALL CAREER..

Fyp

peacepipe
08-16-2014, 02:06 PM
LOL, there was no way that Elway had gotten rid of Tebow in 2012 without someone as Manning coming in. Rumour had it that Elway was really high on Brandon Weeden, and there is no way that Elway would turn the Broncos into that Browns. Quite a bit would have had to happen for Tebow not to start in 2012. He would have gotten the same treatment as Orton did in 2011, had he made as much of a stink of it, but it was the Manning acquisition that made TT irrelevant for 2012.

If it makes you feel better go ahead and believe that. The only people interested in keeping him in Denver was his rabid fan base.

errand
08-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Tim Tebow's lack of passing prowess is what made him expendable. Getting rid of his clown posse of fans was icing on the cake

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-16-2014, 04:02 PM

This poll was done when he was still our starting QB.

Arkie
08-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Rumour had it that Elway was really high on Weeden

:puff:

Arkie
08-16-2014, 09:57 PM
This poll was done when he was still our starting QB.

And only one person voted he wasn't the long term answer back then.

errand
08-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Yeah, but there were 50+ others who still weren't sold on him either

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-16-2014, 10:04 PM

And most that did vote for him realized he sucked soon after. Except for the few still clinging on....

bronco militia
08-16-2014, 10:08 PM
See my Tebow sucks thread

Chrissy Rules
08-16-2014, 10:46 PM
I just voted to stick with Tebow. I hate being part of a minority.

ROFL! Just roll with sure fire way to go..if you are wrong so is everybody else. No finger pointing..LOL

BroncofanDK
08-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but there were 50+ others who still weren't sold on him either

Well, all but a few saw a QB that needed a lot of work, and a QB that was not a sure thing. Most saw a lot of awful play and something that was unique enough to set several NFL records.

Anyone that did not see his limitations is a moron as is everyone that did/does not recognize that Tebow was instrumental in turning that awful team that Fox fielded for the first five weeks of his tenure in Denver. It was significant in Broncos history and in NFL History

TailgateNut
08-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Well, all but a few saw a QB that needed a lot of work, and a QB that was not a sure thing. Most saw a lot of awful play and something that was unique enough to set several NFL records.

Anyone that did not see his limitations is a moron as is everyone that did/does not recognize that Tebow was instrumental in turning that awful team that Fox fielded for the first five weeks of his tenure in Denver. It was significant in Broncos history and in NFL History

Good Grief----------------would you please STFU----32 teams in the league figured out what he was and none would waste a roster spot for Timmy and I'm glad. Because with his EXODUS so went the circus show which followed him. He was a one trick pony and his fans were unbeareable, as are you.

rmsanger
08-17-2014, 03:03 PM
I voted to QB of future as Brock has been a dud.

broncocalijohn
08-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Keep voting. OP didn't put a time to end the poll. Amateurs!

Dr. Broncenstein
08-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Good Grief----------------would you please STFU----32 teams in the league figured out what he was and none would waste a roster spot for Timmy and I'm glad. Because with his EXODUS so went the circus show which followed him. He was a one trick pony and his fans were unbeareable, as are you.

You left with Tebow. It was hilarious.

Enter The Dragon
08-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Loved me some Tebow for what he did in that time period. I had a fb post back around halloween that said: "stayed home in my Tebow jersey throwing candy at the kids feet and 10 feet over their heads" lol

TailgateNut
08-17-2014, 06:24 PM
You left with Tebow. It was hilarious.

NO, I left when Timmy was still having his balls sucked by you and the rest of his fans. Now, why don't you just go play with a bed-pan.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-17-2014, 07:35 PM
NO, I left when Timmy was still having his balls sucked by you and the rest of his fans. Now, why don't you just go play with a bed-pan.

Show me on the doll where Tebow touched you.

Archer81
08-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Old arguments are old.

So naturally, lets have them again.

TailgateNut
08-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Old arguments are old.

So naturally, lets have them again.

I don't believe I reincarnated the Timmy threads........Don't you worry ol' SuperMod.....you can continue to attack posters who don't agree with you by wielding your mod powers...

TailgateNut
08-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Show me on the doll where Tebow touched you.

He touched my team and needed to be dispatched.

Archer81
08-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I don't believe I reincarnated the Timmy threads........Don't you worry ol' SuperMod.....you can continue to attack posters who don't agree with you by wielding your mod powers...

Yet here you are. Clearly I'm slipping, superfan.