PDA

View Full Version : Bears

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
They got dominated by KC of all teams and may have lost Forte to a serious injury.

I'm excited.

Doggcow
12-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm excited every week to watch this team.

Kid A
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
We won't get 35 next week. But we almost certainly won't give up more than 20 to the Hanie-ffense. Just don't kick to Hester.

broncosteven
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I liked our chances with Cutler and Forte. I would like a Tebow blowout just to calm my nerves.

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Forte's claiming it's a sprain, but we'll see.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Forte's claiming it's a sprain, but we'll see.

His knee (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011120401/2011/REG13/chiefs@bears#menu=highlights&tab=recap) got smoked with his foot still planted it didnt look good that for sure

Kid A
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Kind of funny we have a chance to nearly kill the Bear's playoff hopes. All the talk around Chicago was that with 4 straight AFC West games they could lock up the WC...now they are staring down 3 losses if Denver takes care of business.

Jay3
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
It's because they don't have Orton.

Jay3
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
The Bears were smart, though. They knew that to have a chance, they would need to first take out Orton.

McDman
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I see us having a good chance of only losing one more game.

robbieopperude
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I would like to see Tebow make strides as a passer again next week. I feel like we should be able to handle the Bears by the score of 23 to 10. The Bears D will likely give Tebow some fits just like the Jets did.

Pick Six
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
The ramification of next week's game is HUGE. The Raiders have to play Green Bay, so we have a great chance to grab sole possession of first place...:thumbs:

Archer81
12-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Apparently Forte has a torn MCL, at least according to CBS' halftime show.

:Broncos:

barryr
12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
The Broncos will still need to come to play and not come in thinking the Bears will just give them the game. One way to keep a lesser opponent in the game is by making mistakes, not just turnovers, but penalties and missed assignments. If the Broncos treat this game like they have the others since Tebow has been the QB, they will beat the Bears rather easily. But the Broncos can not have a letdown or they might pay for that.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
The ramification of next week's game is HUGE. The Raiders have to play Green Bay, so we have a great chance to grab sole possession of first place...:thumbs:

Greenbay will stomp a mud hole in em.

Pick Six
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
The Broncos will still need to come to play and not come in thinking the Bears will just give them the game. One way to keep a lesser opponent in the game is by making mistakes, not just turnovers, but penalties and missed assignments. If the Broncos treat this game like they have the others since Tebow has been the QB, they will beat the Bears rather easily. But the Broncos can not have a letdown or they might pay for that.

Absolutely. Marion Barber is a veteran running back, so we still need to play our game...

DrFate
12-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Chicago is a pretty solid team, in all three phases. That said, with no Cutler (and maybe no Forte) it's a winnable game for the Broncos.

The recipe doesn't change - stop the run, pressure the passer, limit offensive mistakes (turnovers and penalties)

Hanie had a tough day today, I'd like to see that again.

DrFate
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
And watch out for Hester. He's not the all around threat that Harvin is (that I was afraid of today) but he can certainly turn a game around with a return.

broncosteven
12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I am watching this game now on the DVR, Orton's finger got busted up, doesn't he have a history of that with us? It looked bad. Kinda sad to see a guy get hurt like that on the 1st play of his career with his new team. I felt bad for him even though he sucked for us the last couple years.

barryr
12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
And watch out for Hester. He's not the all around threat that Harvin is (that I was afraid of today) but he can certainly turn a game around with a return.

No question, special teams can help a team stay in games and even win them, so the Bronco SP's needs to be solid.

wandlc
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
They got dominated by KC of all teams and may have lost Forte to a serious injury.

I'm excited.

Really, the chiefs dominated them? A hail mary pass that urlachers team mate knocks out of his hand into the chief receiver hand is the only play the chiefs made. It looked more like the bears making mistakes shooting themselves in the foot with hanie at QB. Thankfully the broncos team and coaching staff will have a better take on that game and not take the bears lightly.

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Really, the chiefs dominated them? A hail mary pass that urlachers team mate knocks out of his hand into the chief receiver hand is the only play the chiefs made. It looked more like the bears making mistakes shooting themselves in the foot with hanie at QB. Thankfully the broncos team and coaching staff will have a better take on that game and not take the bears lightly.

3 INTs, 7 sacks. That's not domination?

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Hanie looks rough and having no Forte means our home fans should finally be able to enjoy a win!

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Please john fox dont over look the bears ( be prepared)

snowspot66
12-04-2011, 04:49 PM

After this game and all the other Tebow started games I don't think we'll be over looking anything.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
We won't get 35 next week. But we almost certainly won't give up more than 20 to the Hanie-ffense. Just don't kick to Hester.

As long as we have Miller back, our defense doesn't worry me.

oubronco
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
His knee (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011120401/2011/REG13/chiefs@bears#menu=highlights&tab=recap) got smoked with his foot still planted it didnt look good that for sure

Dawkins knee bent backwards more than Forte's and i'm still amazed by that

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Why would he overlook the Bears?

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Chicago is a pretty solid team, in all three phases. That said, with no Cutler (and maybe no Forte) it's a winnable game for the Broncos.

The recipe doesn't change - stop the run, pressure the passer, limit offensive mistakes (turnovers and penalties)

Hanie had a tough day today, I'd like to see that again.

Without Cutler it's not just a winnable game. We are straight up the better team at that point.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Why would he overlook the Bears?

Who the **** knows that's why i said it.

Armchair Bronco
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM

Remember when Shannyham's Broncos played Chicago and that idiot deliberately kicked to Hester not once but twice! Talk about a reality distortion field. Ratface was PWNED.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Remember when Shannyham's Broncos played Chicago and that idiot deliberately kicked to Hester not once but twice! Talk about a reality distortion field. Ratface was PWNED.

I had forgotten that pain until you brought it up now excuse me while i make an appointment with my therapist.

oubronco
12-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Forte has a sprained mcl out 2-4 weeks

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Hes lucky it isn't worse.

DrFate
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Looking better all the time :yayaya:

oubronco
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Hes lucky it isn't worse.

No doubt but i'm glad it wasn't though he's a good player and fun to watch

BroncoMan4ever
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
it's sad about Forte's injury. never like to see a great player or any player suffer injury. but as a Broncos fan, i am glad we don't have to play against him next week.

OrangeSe7en
12-04-2011, 05:15 PM

When he punted to Hester earlier and he fumbled, I doubt you thought it was so stupid. Not only that, but Denver had the lead even after the returns.

Do you know what "distortion" means? If so, maybe it's "irony" that you struggle with.

broncosteven
12-04-2011, 05:48 PM

Yep, I was there, we were up by 13 (I think) and my Bear fan friend looked at me and said you guys won this and I said nope too much time left on the clock with Coyers D and sure enough they let Rex Grossman put 2 drives together to win.

Enjoyable game to watch though.

Armchair Bronco
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
When he punted to Hester earlier and he fumbled, I doubt you thought it was so stupid. Not only that, but Denver had the lead even after the returns.

Do you know what "distortion" means? If so, maybe it's "irony" that you struggle with.

Shannyham was a fool for kicking to Hester. No 2 ways to spin this, my friend. Only an idiot like Shannyham would allow Hester to take over a game by kicking directly to him.

Shannyham was driven by hubris at the end of his tenure, and this was the prime example.

Shananahan
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking you might have a different opinion of the guy if you hadn't just become a fan of the team within the past two years.

WolfpackGuy
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Sure, Hester got his, but that BS pass interference call on Dre Bly on 4th and long on the Bears game tying drive lost that game.

eddie mac
12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
If Miller is 100% we'll kill Hanie.

canadianbroncosfan
12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe McCoy can spend a week reviewing the video from this week and realize that
"hey this Tebow kid can throw, maybe I shouldn't wait til the second half to let him". Chicago still has a big, fast, strong, nasty D so we'll still want our O firing on all cylinders.

Requiem
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Von Miller may just put Caleb Hanie six feet under next Sunday. It will be my first Broncos game.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe McCoy can spend a week reviewing the video from this week and realize that
"hey this Tebow kid can throw, maybe I shouldn't wait til the second half to let him". Chicago still has a big, fast, strong, nasty D so we'll still want our O firing on all cylinders.

It will be interesting to see what the play calling is like to start the game it will tell us a lot about the coaching.

Broncoman13
12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hanie looks rough and having no Forte means our home fans should finally be able to enjoy a win!

Finally???

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
We should be able to run for 200+ on them. Lots of cover 2 = lots if missed assignments vs zone read. Detroit exposed them running out of double te shotgun. Play action ahould reap big plays as well.

And Tebows accuracy these days... Wow. Big strides!

Win.

Broncoman13
12-04-2011, 07:20 PM

And if his agent has anything to say about it he will be done for the season. The Bears used him like a cheap whore and now he is injured. They'll probably try to low ball him now as he is "damaged".

Here is a question for you. If the Bears were willing to take a 2nd or 3rd for Forte during next April's draft, would you do it? We need a RB. He is still pretty young. The $ paid to him is probably a no-go, but I'd take him ain a heart beat!

Archer81
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Finally???

2 home wins in 5 tries.

TheChamp24
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
And if his agent has anything to say about it he will be done for the season. The Bears used him like a cheap whore and now he is injured. They'll probably try to low ball him now as he is "damaged".

Here is a question for you. If the Bears were willing to take a 2nd or 3rd for Forte during next April's draft, would you do it? We need a RB. He is still pretty young. The $ paid to him is probably a no-go, but I'd take him ain a heart beat!

No to Forte for how much he'll cost. Not worth it.

KCStud
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Is Von Miller playing next week? Bc I can see him getting 5 sacks against the Bears OL.

Justin Houston got 3 today. Almost had 5.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Finally???

I had forgotten the Jets game.

Tim
12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
It will be a pretty good game, As good as colquitt is kicking, I hope Rodgers/Fox don't have him kick it to Hester and Prater boots it past the uprights on kick offs everytime.

As bad as the bears O looks on paper, that team is capable of winning a game without an offensive score.

MagicHef
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Is Von Miller playing next week? Bc I can see him getting 5 sacks against the Bears OL.

Justin Houston got 3 today. Almost had 5.

Yes, he'll be playing.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Kick / punt the ball out of the endzone, or out of bounds. Seriously, the chances of beating Hanie from the 40 are infinitely better than letting Hester touch a kick or punt.

BroncoBen
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM

The game is in Denver so kickoffs will be put in the back of endzone, its the punt's to worry about.

cabronco
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
The game is in Denver so kickoffs will be put in the back of endzone, its the punt's to worry about.

Like Dr.B said, they should punt the fugger out of bounds. Even if it costs us 10 yards of f/p imo.

Jetmeck
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Just don't punt..................

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Just don't punt..................

Damn! its that freaking simple!

barryr
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Directional punting seems a lost art in the NFL, but I would never kick it so Hester never has a chance to return, so kicking out of bounds makes the most sense.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Directional punting seems a lost art in the NFL, but I would never kick it so Hester never has a chance to return, so kicking out of bounds makes the most sense.

Remember coffin corner kickers i don't know what that isn't practiced more it was extremely effective.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Like Dr.B said, they should punt the fugger out of bounds. Even if it costs us 10 yards of f/p imo.

http://beargoggleson.com/files/2009/07/devin-hester-broncos-bears.jpg

What punting to Hester might look like.

barryr
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Remember coffin corner kickers i don't know what that isn't practiced more it was extremely effective.

Neither do I. I guess it doesn't look pretty enough, which seems to be a trend in the NFL. Looks over results seems more important to some.

maher_tyler
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I had forgotten that pain until you brought it up now excuse me while i make an appointment with my therapist.

I broke 2 remotes that game.

maher_tyler
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM

What else is the punter practicing?

KevinJames
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM

hes got them buying into "one game at a time"

no way they overlook any team

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
How about we convert all our third downs until we are in field goal range at least. Then we won't have to punt. ;)

cutthemdown
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Forte out 2-4 weeks probably. Forget about him playing next week.

robbieopperude
12-05-2011, 01:15 AM
No to Forte for how much he'll cost. Not worth it.

Forte is a beast but I am perfectly happy with McGahee. He is suited to this running style and has played like a beast this year. His yards after contact must be tops in the NFL over the past few weeks. The guy consistently breaks tackles and turns 2 yarders into 4. I would much rather see us get a 3rd down back who can also break out into the 5th WR position like Jeremiah Johnson has done for us.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Forte is a beast but I am perfectly happy with McGahee. He is suited to this running style and has played like a beast this year. His yards after contact must be tops in the NFL over the past few weeks. The guy consistently breaks tackles and turns 2 yarders into 4. I would much rather see us get a 3rd down back who can also break out into the 5th WR position like Jeremiah Johnson has done for us.

We definitely need more talent in the backfield. After McGahee, the drop off is pretty freaking steep, and with how much we run you need more than one good back.

vonqkilla
12-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Paging mr mcnabb, your flight to chicago is ready for boarding...

Archer81
12-05-2011, 01:21 AM
We definitely need more talent in the backfield. After McGahee, the drop off is pretty freaking steep, and with how much we run you need more than one good back.

I think Ball is a pretty good back, and could eventually step in for McGahee down the line. We do need another back though, with a 7th gear. Few things in football can beat pure speed.

TheChamp24
12-05-2011, 07:59 AM

Forte is busting out in a contract year. Yeah.
He was good his rookie year, subpar his 2nd year and okay his third year before performing well this year.

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 08:12 AM

I don't see that happening....not with great emotional team leaders like Dawk and Tebow. That's why enough can't be said about having true leadership on your team.

The only POTENTIAL distraction would be looking ahead to the New England game.

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
If Miller is 100% we'll kill Hanie.

This. The Bears o-line is horrible. Could be a huge day for sacks, pressures, hits etc....

barryr
12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't see that happening....not with great emotional team leaders like Dawk and Tebow. That's why enough can't be said about having true leadership on your team.

The only POTENTIAL distraction would be looking ahead to the New England game.

Every team can have a letdown, so it can happen even to the Broncos. If the Broncos don't give up cheap plays or scored, they win easily though. It's these kinds of games where you have to watch the mistakes and special teams can keep the Bears in the game.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Don't turn it over, play solid special teams, and put the game in Hanie's hands.

Pretty simple.

barryr
12-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Don't turn it over, play solid special teams, and put the game in Hanie's hands.

Pretty simple.

Pretty much, I will add limit penalties.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM

LOL You're seriously going to make an argument trying to defend punting to Hester?

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
LOL You're seriously going to make an argument trying to defend punting to Hester?

Well, to be fair, without looking it up I believe we had something like 10 punts in that game. And, on all but 2 of them, they either forced a fair catch or stopped him for less than 10 yards......

TonyR
12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, to be fair, without looking it up I believe we had something like 10 punts in that game. And, on all but 2 of them, they either forced a fair catch or stopped him for less than 10 yards......

All the more reason not to punt to him. The odds are not in your favor. He's eventually going to burn you. And he did just that. Everybody watching the game was saying "don't punt it to him". They did it anyway. The results were not good.

edog24
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

We already have 1st, we have more division wins.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM
All the more reason not to punt to him. The odds are not in your favor. He's eventually going to burn you. And he did just that. Everybody watching the game was saying "don't punt it to him". They did it anyway. The results were not good.

It was a typical Shannyham Hubris move. Everyone in the world knew NOT to do this, so Shanny had to show everyone how much smarter he was...and it backfired horribly.

Almost as dumb as when on third and long, he'd draw up a pass to Ed McCaffrey that had #87 looking back into the sun to make a catch. Shanny was smarter than even the sun itself!

:facepalm:

barryr
12-05-2011, 10:25 AM
It was a typical Shannyham Hubris move. Everyone in the world knew NOT to do this, so Shanny had to show everyone how much smarter he was...and it backfired horribly.

Almost as dumb as when on third and long, he'd draw up a pass to Ed McCaffrey that had #87 looking back into the sun to make a catch. Shanny was smarter than even the sun itself!

:facepalm:

Shanahan has really hurt his reputation with the Redskins. He stated Beck was the QB before the season and as he played horribly, went back to Grossman who after being a 1st round pick and playing in a Super Bowl, has yet to show he is anything but a backup QB. Why people wanting the Broncos to take a QB in the first round is as risky as anything they could do.

Rohirrim
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I can't imagine what the crowd is going to be like for this game. I almost pity the Bears. ;D

Tankgunner95
12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
This. The Bears o-line is horrible. Could be a huge day for sacks, pressures, hits etc....

This...... if Von played in the Vikings game, ponder would not have come out after half time. Ponder was already limping in the 2nd if Von played I believe he would have hurt another QB. Bears better be ready foe a rested Miller.

ICON
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM
IF DENVER wins the Bears they will be 8-5 and still be alive for the #2 seed when they play the Pats.

Broncos Have a Chance At First Round Bye!

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
IF DENVER wins the Bears they will be 8-5 and still be alive for the #2 seed when they play the Pats.

Broncos Have a Chance At First Round Bye!

Realistically, here's the chance we have.....even if we win out.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KX5jNnDMfxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ICON
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Realistically, here's the chance we have.....even if we win out.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KX5jNnDMfxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

very unlikely. Playoffs will do me!

bendog
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
We need reverse mojo.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I can't imagine what the crowd is going to be like for this game. I almost pity the Bears. ;D

I actually pity our team. The dumbass Teboners will be out in force screaming their little girlie heeads off everytime Timmy touches the ball. Ya can't get the little groupies to STFU when we're on offense.

I've decided not to attend for the first time in 9 years. I'm parking my ass in front of the big screen. :thumbs:

bendog
12-05-2011, 11:36 AM
LOL. However I can see the tebowites making so much noise the offense can't hear. And then Elway says something like "traditionally, the fans reserve the disruptive noise for when our defense is out there." After which the radio shows are flooded with callers outraged over Elway's lack of support for Tim.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
LOL. However I can see the tebowites making so much noise the offense can't hear. And then Elway says something like "traditionally, the fans reserve the disruptive noise for when our defense is out there." After which the radio shows are flooded with callers outraged over Elway's lack of support for Tim.

It's been like that the last few games. All the Timmy loving girls get all wet and excited when he steps on the field.

Tankgunner95
12-05-2011, 11:44 AM
It's been like that the last few games. All the Timmy loving girls get all wet and excited when he steps on the field.

Heck I get kinda moist when Tebow steps on the field! :)

Drek
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
This smells like a serious trap game to me.

We need to show the ability to step on the throat of a weakened opponent. Our OL will have their hands full fighting Peppers and co. all game long, especially Clady who will be on Peppers, because Tebow needs that left side roll out for our passing game to really be effective.

Our special teams will have their hands full and hopefully Colquitt changes his approach from these awesome inside the 20 spots to just booting it through the endzone for touchbacks, taking Hester out of the game.

On defense won't have to face Forte but Marion Barber isn't a scrub. He could really hurt us if we give him the same room to work we gave Gerhart yesterday. We need the interior OL to really step up and contain him, letting Doom and Von force Hanie into more bad mitakes.

Tebow needs to show that he can keep the dual threat alive against a very stout defense, completing passes on their solid secondary and making something out of nothing by running it on their very talented LBs.

Should win game that has a lot of challenges this team hasn't had to face over this recent win streak. Time to man up. We're no longer playing with house money, holding the division lead in our hands with Oakland playing Green Bay. A win won't silence any doubters but it might be the biggest test this team has seen since Tebow took over.

SureShot
12-05-2011, 11:49 AM

You are the one that sounds like a girl. You are mad that fans are excited about their team? Really? I just watched the the '91 Houston playoff game again and the south stands were so loud Elway was flapping his arms so much between plays he looks like he might take off.

I'm sure that really pissed you off.

vonqkilla
12-05-2011, 11:53 AM
This smells like a serious trap game to me.

We need to show the ability to step on the throat of a weakened opponent. Our OL will have their hands full fighting Peppers and co. all game long, especially Clady who will be on Peppers, because Tebow needs that left side roll out for our passing game to really be effective.

Our special teams will have their hands full and hopefully Colquitt changes his approach from these awesome inside the 20 spots to just booting it through the endzone for touchbacks, taking Hester out of the game.

On defense won't have to face Forte but Marion Barber isn't a scrub. He could really hurt us if we give him the same room to work we gave Gerhart yesterday. We need the interior OL to really step up and contain him, letting Doom and Von force Hanie into more bad mitakes.

Tebow needs to show that he can keep the dual threat alive against a very stout defense, completing passes on their solid secondary and making something out of nothing by running it on their very talented LBs.

Should win game that has a lot of challenges this team hasn't had to face over this recent win streak. Time to man up. We're no longer playing with house money, holding the division lead in our hands with Oakland playing Green Bay. A win won't silence any doubters but it might be the biggest test this team has seen since Tebow took over.

I dont see it as a trap game, I smell a rout coming.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
This smells like a serious trap game to me...

Agree with most of this but since we almost lost to a bad Minnesota team I can't see us sleeping on the Bears who at least have a good defense and Hester to contend with. Oh, and Marion Barber isn't that good.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 12:21 PM
...I smell a rout coming.

This Broncos team doesn't play a style that will often lead to anything remotely resembling a rout.

bendog
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
You are the one that sounds like a girl. You are mad that fans are excited about their team? Really? I just watched the the '91 Houston playoff game again and the south stands were so loud Elway was flapping his arms so much between plays he looks like he might take off.

The south stands drunks compared/contrasted to the tebowites .... I like it. Never would have thought of it myself. But ... it works.

Mecklomaniac
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM

It have always wondered why we don't see more rugby players as punters. There are lots of rugby fullbacks that can punt it a mile, with the accuracy of a quarterback throwing. Sidelines kicks are standard play in rugby, drop the ball one yard from the sideline and let it roll out.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Agree with most of this but since we almost lost to a bad Minnesota team I can't see us sleeping on the Bears who at least have a good defense and Hester to contend with. Oh, and Marion Barber isn't that good.

Broncos been punching bags for so long I doubt they are too cocky yet. If anything Bears have to worry about just not being able to match the Broncos enthusiasm for football right now. They lost both their stars on offense and are probably ready to be put out of their misery.

Shotgun Willie
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
This Broncos team doesn't play a style that will often lead to anything remotely resembling a rout.

Well, they DID score 35 pts yesterday. If their usual defense showed up and held the opponent to 10-17 pts like they have been doing, it would've been a rout.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
A friend of mine that punted at the local Jr college told me coaches went away from the coffin corner kick in the NFL because they changed the balls to new ones when kicking. Made shanking happen a few more times every 25-30 punts etc etc. So the theory become kick it high and let coverage get down their. Also he said coaches know how hard it is to catch a punt, and coffin corner kicks don't present turnovers.

So I guess they feel the chances of a bad punt not netting yardage, and then not having to make the returner field the ball, makes punting high down the middle smarter in the long term.

I am with you though i miss the ray guy types that would just angle it out of the 10 yrd line all day long.

bendog
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM

Routed KC, but I think da Bears will be much stouter v. run. Tebow will have to pass, but in this game he may be the best passer.

Still, for karma ... Denver loses so bad that Hester goes out in the third becasue his cleats get so hot that his feet get burns.

OrangeSe7en
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM

You don't even know what an option play is. So you really need to STFU and sit the **** down.

TonyR
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
You don't even know what an option play is. So you really need to STFU and sit the **** down.

Let me translate your post: "I made a really stupid argument but instead of either defending it (because I can't) or admitting it (because I won't) I'll go on the attack!"

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM

exited about their team??? Reading comprehension issues!!!

Old Dude
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I have an idea. Stayed up for hours last night, developing it. Someone really needs to pass this on to Fox.

Let's not punt to Hester.

SureShot
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
exited about their team??? Reading comprehension issues!!!

So it's not the noise from uneducated bronco fans while the offense is on the field that bothers you, but where that noise is directed to? Ok.

What are you asking for your Pats game tix?

KO5K
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I actually pity our team. The dumbass Teboners will be out in force screaming their little girlie heeads off everytime Timmy touches the ball. Ya can't get the little groupies to STFU when we're on offense.

I've decided not to attend for the first time in 9 years. I'm parking my ass in front of the big screen. :thumbs:

:rofl:

Suppose when you're at home you don't even have to bother pretending to cheer for the team.

Hope you enjoyed another win superfan!

TonyR
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Routed KC...

17-10? The only thing you could possibly call a rout was Oakland 38-24.

55CrushEm
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Suppose when you're at home you don't even have to bother pretending to cheer for the team.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 01:40 PM

With the run, run, run, punt conservative philosophy of Fox, I will be SERIOUSLY PISSED if we let Hester have *any* effect on the return game. Colquitt needs to either do his best imitation of Tom "Touchback" Rouen or resurrect the Coffin Corner mentality of Ray Guy.

But I do NOT want to see any of these "Let's try to down it inside the 1-inch line" shenanigans. Play conservative, punt the crap out of the ball, and be happy if Chicago starts each drive @ the 20.

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 01:46 PM

"I suppose" all of you can line up to suck my ass. But please allow for a long waiting period due to the high number of ass-kissers who are already in line. :thanku:

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Lookee here, it's Mr. Single digit IQ chiming in.:rofl:

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
So it's not the noise from uneducated bronco fans while the offense is on the field that bothers you, but where that noise is directed to? Ok.

What are you asking for your Pats game tix?

For Tebow fans and pats fans face value x 100. For Bronco fans face value, for Vets who are bronco fans discounted price.

KO5K
12-05-2011, 02:03 PM
For Tebow fans and pats fans face value x 100. For Bronco fans face value, for Vets who are bronco fans discounted price.

Not going to the Patriots game either?

I bet your reaction to receiving a playoff ticket invoice was priceless. Tear it up and throw a hissy fit, while praying to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ that the Broncos will get a 'real' QB so you can start enjoying football again?

TailgateNut
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Not going to the Patriots game either?

I bet your reaction to receiving a playoff ticket invoice was priceless. Tear it up and throw a hissy fit, while praying to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ that the Broncos will get a 'real' QB so you can start enjoying football again?

You Teblowers are hilarious little assholes.

FYI: I'll probably attend the BradyBunch game and the queeefs game. Just had to take a break. Just bought another house and trying to get somewhat settled in before the holidays.

I did just recieve the invoice from PatCo today. Just another "perk' of being a season ticket holder. :giggle:

Dagmar
12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
You Teblowers are hilarious little a-holes.

FYI: I'll probably attend the BradyBunch game and the queeefs game. Just had to take a break. Just bought another house and trying to get somewhat settled in before the holidays.

I did just recieve the invoice from PatCo today. Just another "perk' of being a season ticket holder. :giggle:

Do you post about the team or just hang out to attack people who support the Broncos QB?

BroncoBeavis
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM

I got the email about a $50 per seat deposit. Does anyone know what playoff tickets go for over normal season pricing? (let's say for $77 seats for instance)

Gort
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I have an idea. Stayed up for hours last night, developing it. Someone really needs to pass this on to Fox.

Let's not punt to Hester.

brilliant! copyright it or i will. think of all the money you'll make whenever anyone on CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, or NFLN says that. we're talking "three-peat" money!!!

UberBroncoMan
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
"When we [lost] our quarterback, we're like, 'OK, we'll be fine.' Then we lose our star of the team, star of the offense. That's tough, " said Roy Williams (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5532/roy-williams). "[Forte's] our screen guy. He leads the team in receptions. He's a versatile back, top-three back in the league. When he goes down, it's tough to fill those shoes. This offense runs through him."

Ouch, Cutler.

broncosteven
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM

I don't know why you can't do both, sure Coffin kicks might not have the best percentages of getting it inside the 5 but I would rather not see ANY of the Bears returns touch the ball.

Mile High Mojoe
12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I liked our chances with Cutler and Forte. I would like a Tebow blowout just to calm my nerves.

Yes, please.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
the coffin corner kick went away mostly because all these punters can now put nasty backspin on the ball, so the thing dies on the 5. Because of this, lots of punt returners start catching balls inside the 10 inside of letting them drop (a previous no-no). There's no need for the coffin corner.

I agree with not punting it to hester...but if we are punting it from...hmmm the 50, i dont mind going for the pin because colquitt generally kicks it pretty high and most of those are fair catches anyway. That said, id probably prefer to boom them all through the endzone.